Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Topic: middle aged
Publications1247 found, 100 shown here
- Sabbatini P, Mooney D, Iasonos A, Thaler H, Aghajanian C, Hensley M, et al. Early CA-125 fluctuations in patients with recurrent ovarian cancer receiving chemotherapy. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2007;17:589-94 pubmed..Discontinuation of therapy solely on the basis of early CA-125 increase (precycle 3), particularly with liposomal doxorubicin chemotherapy, may exclude some patients who will benefit from continued therapy. ..
- Silverberg S, Rubin M, Faiman C, Peacock M, Shoback D, Smallridge R, et al. Cinacalcet hydrochloride reduces the serum calcium concentration in inoperable parathyroid carcinoma. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007;92:3803-8 pubmed
- Lamanna N, Kay N. Pentostatin treatment combinations in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Clin Adv Hematol Oncol. 2009;7:386-92 pubmed
- Zach V, Bezov D, Lipton R, Ashina S. Headache associated with moyamoya disease: a case story and literature review. J Headache Pain. 2010;11:79-82 pubmed publisher..Further reports using headache diaries are needed to better characterize HAMD as well as to determine whether headache with tension-type features is also part of this condition. ..
- Preter M, Lee S, Petkova E, Vannucci M, Kim S, Klein D. Controlled cross-over study in normal subjects of naloxone-preceding-lactate infusions; respiratory and subjective responses: relationship to endogenous opioid system, suffocation false alarm theory and childhood parental loss. Psychol Med. 2011;41:385-93 pubmed publisher..Heuristically, the experimental unveiling of the endogenous opioid system impairing effects of CPL and separation in normal adults opens a new experimental, investigatory area. ..
- Hanafy K, Stuart R, Khandji A, Connolly E, Badjatia N, Mayer S, et al. Relationship between brain interstitial fluid tumor necrosis factor-? and cerebral vasospasm after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage. J Clin Neurosci. 2010;17:853-6 pubmed publisher..Further analysis in a larger population is warranted based on our preliminary findings. ..
- Memtsoudis S, Ma Y, Chiu Y, Walz J, Voswinckel R, Mazumdar M. Perioperative mortality in patients with pulmonary hypertension undergoing major joint replacement. Anesth Analg. 2010;111:1110-6 pubmed publisher..Patients with primary PHTN undergoing THA experienced the highest mortality rate (5% [95% CI, 2.3%-7.7%]). This analysis demonstrates that patients with PHTN are at increased risk for perioperative mortality after THA and TKA. ..
- Widmar M, Greenstein A, Sachar D, Harpaz N, Bauer J, Greenstein A. Small bowel adenocarcinoma in Crohn's disease. J Gastrointest Surg. 2011;15:797-802 pubmed publisher..We present our recent experience with this entity in order to further elucidate its clinicopathological features and update our series from 1991...
- Berlin H, Braun A, Simeon D, Koran L, Potenza M, McElroy S, et al. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of topiramate for pathological gambling. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2013;14:121-8 pubmed publisher..Treatment studies with larger samples and less stringent exclusion criteria are needed to produce results that can be generalized to pathological gamblers in the community. ..
- Ott P, Carvajal R, Pandit Taskar N, Jungbluth A, Hoffman E, Wu B, et al. Phase I/II study of pegylated arginine deiminase (ADI-PEG 20) in patients with advanced melanoma. Invest New Drugs. 2013;31:425-34 pubmed publisher..Although no RECIST responses were observed, the encouraging rate of SD in uveal melanoma patients indicates that it may be worthwhile to evaluate ADI-PEG 20 in this melanoma subgroup. ..
- Oury F, Ferron M, Huizhen W, Confavreux C, Xu L, LaCombe J, et al. Osteocalcin regulates murine and human fertility through a pancreas-bone-testis axis. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:2421-33 pubmed..This study uncovers the existence of a second endocrine axis that is necessary for optimal male fertility in the mouse and suggests that osteocalcin modulates reproductive function in humans...
- Wills A, Hubbard J, Macklin E, Glass J, Tandan R, Simpson E, et al. Hypercaloric enteral nutrition in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 2 trial. Lancet. 2014;383:2065-2072 pubmed publisher..Muscular Dystrophy Association, National Center for Research Resources, National Institutes of Health, and Harvard NeuroDiscovery Center. ..
- Crawley B, Murry T, Sulica L. Injection Augmentation for Chronic Cough. J Voice. 2015;29:763-7 pubmed publisher..This intervention is a novel option for such patients and offers an alternative approach to medical treatment. ..
- Horowitz C, Abul Husn N, Ellis S, Ramos M, Negron R, Suprun M, et al. Determining the effects and challenges of incorporating genetic testing into primary care management of hypertensive patients with African ancestry. Contemp Clin Trials. 2016;47:101-8 pubmed publisher..It will also add to the important dialog about factors that contribute to and may help eliminate racial disparities in kidney disease. ..
- Katz S, Janz N, Abrahamse P, Wallner L, Hawley S, An L, et al. Patient Reactions to Surgeon Recommendations About Contralateral Prophylactic Mastectomy for Treatment of Breast Cancer. JAMA Surg. 2017;152:658-664 pubmed publisher..Most patients are satisfied with surgical decision making. First-surgeon recommendation against CPM does not appear to substantively increase patient dissatisfaction, use of second opinions, or loss of the patient to a second surgeon. ..
- Jones H, O Connell White K, Norman W, Guilbert E, Lichtenberg E, Paul M. First trimester medication abortion practice in the United States and Canada. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186487 pubmed publisher..Research is needed on optimal antibiotic and analgesic use...
- Wawer M, Gray R, Sewankambo N, Serwadda D, Paxton L, Berkley S, et al. A randomized, community trial of intensive sexually transmitted disease control for AIDS prevention, Rakai, Uganda. AIDS. 1998;12:1211-25 pubmed
- Citrome L, Levine J, Allingham B. Changes in use of valproate and other mood stabilizers for patients with schizophrenia from 1994 to 1998. Psychiatr Serv. 2000;51:634-8 pubmed..Controlled clinical trials are needed to examine the adjunctive use of mood stabilizers, in particular valproate, among patients with schizophrenia. ..
- Eng C, Guffon N, Wilcox W, Germain D, Lee P, Waldek S, et al. Safety and efficacy of recombinant human alpha-galactosidase A replacement therapy in Fabry's disease. N Engl J Med. 2001;345:9-16 pubmed
- Pascarelli E, Hsu Y. Understanding work-related upper extremity disorders: clinical findings in 485 computer users, musicians, and others. J Occup Rehabil. 2001;11:1-21 pubmed
- Blaser M, Nomura A, Lee J, Stemmerman G, Perez Perez G. Early-life family structure and microbially induced cancer risk. PLoS Med. 2007;4:e7 pubmed
- Des Jarlais D, Braine N, Friedmann P. Unstable housing as a factor for increased injection risk behavior at US syringe exchange programs. AIDS Behav. 2007;11:78-84 pubmed
- Yim J, Heshka S, Albu J, Heymsfield S, Gallagher D. Femoral-gluteal subcutaneous and intermuscular adipose tissues have independent and opposing relationships with CVD risk. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2008;104:700-7 pubmed..05 for both). Femoral-gluteal SAT and femoral-gluteal IMAT distribution varies by sex and race, and these two components have independent and opposing relationships with CVD risk factors. ..
- Morrogh M, Morris E, Liberman L, Van Zee K, Cody H, King T. MRI identifies otherwise occult disease in select patients with Paget disease of the nipple. J Am Coll Surg. 2008;206:316-21 pubmed publisher..In the setting of negative mammography, MRI can facilitate treatment planning for patients with PD. ..
- Motoi N, Szoke J, Riely G, Seshan V, Kris M, Rusch V, et al. Lung adenocarcinoma: modification of the 2004 WHO mixed subtype to include the major histologic subtype suggests correlations between papillary and micropapillary adenocarcinoma subtypes, EGFR mutations and gene expression analysis. Am J Surg Pathol. 2008;32:810-27 pubmed publisher..Such an approach should be considered in future studies for validation in other datasets. ..
- Meltzer M, Zatezalo C, Zoltan S. Lacrimal canalicular transplantation with composite eyelid graft. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010;26:23-5 pubmed publisher..This is the first reported case of successful canalicular transplantation. Although a single case report, the authors anticipate future success with this technique. ..
- Chandra A, Wormser G, Klempner M, Trevino R, Crow M, Latov N, et al. Anti-neural antibody reactivity in patients with a history of Lyme borreliosis and persistent symptoms. Brain Behav Immun. 2010;24:1018-24 pubmed publisher..The results provide evidence for the existence of a differential immune system response in PLS, offering new clues about the etiopathogenesis of the disease that may prove useful in devising more effective treatment strategies. ..
- Chiu D, Peterson L, Elkind M, Rosand J, Gerber L, Silverstein M. Comparison of outcomes after intracerebral hemorrhage and ischemic stroke. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2010;19:225-229 pubmed publisher..However, ICH is not associated with higher mortality compared with ischemic stroke after adjusting for initial stroke severity and other baseline characteristics. ..
- Eldjerou L, Chaudhury S, Baisre de Leon A, He M, Arcila M, Heller G, et al. An in vivo model of double-unit cord blood transplantation that correlates with clinical engraftment. Blood. 2010;116:3999-4006 pubmed publisher..Thus, unit dominance is an in vivo phenomenon probably associated with a graft-versus-graft immune interaction mediated by CD34(-) cells. ..
- Tagliati M, Martin C, Alterman R. Lack of motor symptoms progression in Parkinson's disease patients with long-term bilateral subthalamic deep brain stimulation. Int J Neurosci. 2010;120:717-23 pubmed publisher..These results could be explained either by a natural stabilization of PD motor symptoms after many years or neuroprotective properties of STN-DBS. ..
- Black H, Kribben A, Aguirre Palacios F, Bijarnia M, Laflamme A, Baschiera F. Aliskiren alone or in combination with hydrochlorothiazide in patients with the lower ranges of stage 2 hypertension: The ACQUIRE randomized double-blind study. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2010;12:917-26 pubmed publisher..Aliskiren, with or without HCT, provides clinically significant BP reductions and may therefore be an effective treatment option in patients with stage 2 hypertension. ..
- Keenan R, O Brien W, Lee K, Crittenden D, Fisher M, Goldfarb D, et al. Prevalence of contraindications and prescription of pharmacologic therapies for gout. Am J Med. 2011;124:155-63 pubmed publisher..Frequently, despite contraindications to gout therapies, patients are frequently prescribed these medications. ..
- Culang Reinlieb M, Sneed J, Keilp J, Roose S. Change in cognitive functioning in depressed older adults following treatment with sertraline or nortriptyline. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2012;27:777-84 pubmed publisher..However, given the small sample sizes and number of statistical tests (potential for type 1 error), replication is warranted. ..
- Pumberger M, Hughes A, Huang R, Sama A, Cammisa F, Girardi F. Neurologic deficit following lateral lumbar interbody fusion. Eur Spine J. 2012;21:1192-9 pubmed publisher..LLIF is a valuable tool for achieving fusion through a minimally invasive approach with little risk to neurovascular structures. ..
- Straus D, Duvic M, Horwitz S, Hymes K, Goy A, Hernandez Ilizaliturri F, et al. Final results of phase II trial of doxorubicin HCl liposome injection followed by bexarotene in advanced cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. Ann Oncol. 2014;25:206-10 pubmed publisher..Twenty-seven grade 3 and 5 grade 4 toxic events were observed. With strict criteria, DLI ORR is among the highest reported for single agents in CTCL. Sequential Bex did not increase the response rate or duration. ..
- Goshin L, Byrne M, Henninger A. Recidivism after release from a prison nursery program. Public Health Nurs. 2014;31:109-17 pubmed publisher..Nurses can partner with criminal justice organizations to develop, implement, and evaluate programs to ensure the health needs of criminal justice involved people and their families are met. ..
- Brown J, Byrd J, Coutre S, Benson D, Flinn I, Wagner Johnston N, et al. Idelalisib, an inhibitor of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase p110Î´, for relapsed/refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Blood. 2014;123:3390-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings support the further development of idelalisib in patients with CLL. These trials were registered at clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00710528 and #NCT01090414. ..
- Leontyev S, Davierwala P, KrÃ¶gh G, Feder S, Oberbach A, Bakhtiary F, et al. Early and late outcomes of complex aortic root surgery in patients with aortic root abscesses. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2016;49:447-54; discussion 454-5 pubmed publisher..9). The surgical treatment of aortic root abscess is a challenging operation and is associated with a high early morbidity and mortality. However, the long-term survival and freedom from reoperation is satisfactory. ..
- Luthringer T, Blackmore S, Singh B, Strauss E. The learning curve associated with anteromedial portal drilling in ACL reconstruction. Phys Sportsmed. 2016;44:141-7 pubmed publisher..Tibial tunnel placement does not share the same learning curve using this surgical technique. ..
- Jansen J, Schoder H, Lee N, Wang Y, Pfister D, Fury M, et al. Noninvasive assessment of tumor microenvironment using dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging and 18F-fluoromisonidazole positron emission tomography imaging in neck nodal metastases. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010;77:1403-10 pubmed publisher..This initial evaluation of the preliminary results support the hypothesis that in metastatic neck lymph nodes, hypoxic nodes are poorly perfused (i.e., have significantly lower K(trans) and k(ep) values) compared with nonhypoxic nodes. ..
- Kikuchi K, Bernard E, Kiehn T, Armstrong D, Riley L. Restriction fragment length polymorphism analysis of clinical isolates of Mycobacterium haemophilum. J Clin Microbiol. 1994;32:1763-7 pubmed..This molecular subtyping method should provide a useful tool for epidemiological studies and may help identify the associated risk factors, vehicles, and possible reservoirs of this newly emerging pathogen. ..
- Lin J, Lachmann E, Nagler W. Paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration as the first manifestation of cancer. J Womens Health Gend Based Med. 2001;10:495-502 pubmed..PCD symptoms may precede the diagnosis of malignancy by months or years. Early diagnosis and treatment of these syndromes, including rehabilitation, may result in improvements in quality of life for this population of patients...
- Luchsinger J, Pablos Mendez A, Knirsch C, Rabinowitz D, Shea S. Relation of antibiotic use to risk of myocardial infarction in the general population. Am J Cardiol. 2002;89:18-21 pubmed..pneumoniae within each group were similar. Use of antibiotics with activity against C. pneumoniae does not reduce the risk of myocardial infarction in the general population. ..
- Liu Z, Dong H, Gorczyca W, Tsang P, Cohen P, Stephenson C, et al. CD5- mantle cell lymphoma. Am J Clin Pathol. 2002;118:216-24 pubmed..These data show that MCL may lack CD5 expression. Evaluation of bcl-1 expression by immunohistochemical analysis or molecular genetics may be indicated if MCL is suspected clinically or morphologically despite a lack of CD5 expression. ..
- Yilmaz A, Rush D, Soslow R. Endometrial stromal sarcomas with unusual histologic features: a report of 24 primary and metastatic tumors emphasizing fibroblastic and smooth muscle differentiation. Am J Surg Pathol. 2002;26:1142-50 pubmed
- Kohan D, Sorin A. Revision stapes surgery: the malleus to oval window wire-piston technique. Laryngoscope. 2003;113:1520-4 pubmed..To determine the effectiveness of the malleus to oval window wire-piston revision stapes surgery technique...
- Maslak P, Chanel S, Camacho L, Soignet S, Pandolfi P, Guernah I, et al. Pilot study of combination transcriptional modulation therapy with sodium phenylbutyrate and 5-azacytidine in patients with acute myeloid leukemia or myelodysplastic syndrome. Leukemia. 2006;20:212-7 pubmed..Results from this pilot study demonstrate that a combination approach targeting different mechanisms of transcriptional modulation is clinically feasible with acceptable toxicity and measurable biologic and clinical outcomes. ..
- Strauss E, Weil W, Jordan C, Paksima N. A prospective, randomized, controlled trial of 2-octylcyanoacrylate versus suture repair for nail bed injuries. J Hand Surg Am. 2008;33:250-3 pubmed publisher..In the management of acute nail bed lacerations, Dermabond is an efficient and effective repair technique. Therapeutic I. ..
- Chu M, Cushman M, Solomon R, Lobo R. Metabolic syndrome in postmenopausal women: the influence of oral or transdermal estradiol on inflammation and coagulation markers. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008;199:526.e1-7 pubmed publisher..6 ng/mL (P < .05). With tE(2), there were no major changes noted. Postmenopausal women with MBS have higher levels of certain coagulation and inflammation markers and different responses to oral compared with transdermal estradiol. ..
- Cunliffe C, Fischer I, Monoky D, Law M, Revercomb C, Elrich S, et al. Intracranial lesions mimicking neoplasms. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2009;133:101-23 pubmed publisher..Awareness of the entities that can present in this way will assist the pathologist in the correct diagnosis of these lesions. ..
- Wu X, Maehara A, Mintz G, Kubo T, Xu K, Choi S, et al. Virtual histology intravascular ultrasound analysis of non-culprit attenuated plaques detected by grayscale intravascular ultrasound in patients with acute coronary syndromes. Am J Cardiol. 2010;105:48-53 pubmed publisher..This may explain the biologic instability of these lesions. ..
- Bisaga A, Aharonovich E, Cheng W, Levin F, Mariani J, Raby W, et al. A placebo-controlled trial of memantine for cocaine dependence with high-value voucher incentives during a pre-randomization lead-in period. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2010;111:97-104 pubmed publisher..Targeting the latter subgroup may advance medication development efforts. ..
- Damast S, Wright J, Bilsky M, Hsu M, Zhang Z, Lovelock M, et al. Impact of dose on local failure rates after image-guided reirradiation of recurrent paraspinal metastases. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011;81:819-26 pubmed publisher..To examine the impact of dose on local failure (LF) rates in the re-treatment of recurrent paraspinal metastases with image-guided intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IG-IMRT)...
- YaDeau J, Liu S, Bang H, Shaw P, Wilfred S, Shetty T, et al. Cerebral oximetry desaturation during shoulder surgery performed in a sitting position under regional anesthesia. Can J Anaesth. 2011;58:986-92 pubmed publisher..01). Despite frequent hypotension in the sitting position, rSO2 desaturation was uncommon during shoulder arthroscopy performed in the sitting position with regional anesthesia. ..
- Girgis R, Slifstein M, Xu X, Frankle W, Anagnostou E, Wasserman S, et al. The 5-HT(2A) receptor and serotonin transporter in Asperger's disorder: A PET study with [¹¹C]MDL 100907 and [¹¹C]DASB. Psychiatry Res. 2011;194:230-234 pubmed publisher..This study failed to find significant alterations in binding parameters of 5-HT(2A) receptors and serotonin transporters in adult subjects with Asperger's disorder. ..
- Saunders Pullman R, Raymond D, Stoessl A, Hobson D, Nakamura K, Nakamura T, et al. Variant ataxia-telangiectasia presenting as primary-appearing dystonia in Canadian Mennonites. Neurology. 2012;78:649-57 pubmed publisher..To compare the phenotype of primary-appearing dystonia due to variant ataxia-telangiectasia (A-T) with that of other dystonia ascertained for genetics research...
- Otten M, Mikell C, Youngerman B, Liston C, Sisti M, Bruce J, et al. Motor deficits correlate with resting state motor network connectivity in patients with brain tumours. Brain. 2012;135:1017-26 pubmed publisher..Motor networks become weaker as the subjects become weaker, and may become strong again during motor recovery. ..
- Backhaus R, Verbeek H, van Rossum E, Capezuti E, Hamers J. Future distinguishing competencies of baccalaureate-educated registered nurses in nursing homes. Geriatr Nurs. 2015;36:438-44 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that revision of current nursing curricula, nurse training programs and nursing home job profiles might be needed to meet the medically and psychologically complex needs of nursing home residents. ..
- Ugras S, Matsen C, Eaton A, Stempel M, Morrow M, Cody H. Reoperative Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy is Feasible for Locally Recurrent Breast Cancer, But is it Worthwhile?. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:744-8 pubmed publisher..Since randomized trials support the value of systemic therapy for all patients with invasive LR, reoperative SLNB, although feasible, may not be necessary. ..
- Berger J, Ladapo J. Underuse of Prevention and LifestyleÂ Counseling in Patients With Peripheral Artery Disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:2293-2300 pubmed publisher..4; 95% CI: 2.0 to 9.6). The use of guideline-recommended therapies in patients with PAD was much lower than expected, which highlights an opportunity to improve the quality of care in these high-risk patients. ..
- Giuliano A, Ballman K, McCall L, Beitsch P, Brennan M, Kelemen P, et al. Effect of Axillary Dissection vs No Axillary Dissection on 10-Year Overall Survival Among Women With Invasive Breast Cancer and Sentinel Node Metastasis: The ACOSOG Z0011 (Alliance) Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2017;318:918-926 pubmed publisher..These findings do not support routine use of axillary lymph node dissection in this patient population based on 10-year outcomes. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT00003855. ..
- Williams M, Casher J, Joshi N, Hankinson T, Warren M, Oz M, et al. Insertion of a left ventricular assist device in patients without thorough transplant evaluations: a worthwhile risk?. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2003;126:436-41 pubmed..Survival before and after transplant is comparable with those of patients who undergo nonurgent left ventricular assist device placement or medical therapy. ..
- Kirchhoff T, Kauff N, Mitra N, Nafa K, Huang H, Palmer C, et al. BRCA mutations and risk of prostate cancer in Ashkenazi Jews. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:2918-21 pubmed..These results support the hypothesis that deleterious mutations in BRCA2 are associated with an increased risk of prostate cancer. ..
- Shrivastava R, Epstein F, Perin N, Post K, Jallo G. Intramedullary spinal cord tumors in patients older than 50 years of age: management and outcome analysis. J Neurosurg Spine. 2005;2:249-55 pubmed..The authors examined their IMSCT database and report the first large series of IMSCTs in patients older than 50 years of age...
- Adler R, Buly R, Ambrose R, Sculco T. Diagnostic and therapeutic use of sonography-guided iliopsoas peritendinous injections. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2005;185:940-3 pubmed..The results of injection alone are not as successful in cases of idiopathic iliopsoas tendinosis/bursitis, but the technique can help determine which patients may benefit from a surgical tendon release. ..
- Chi D, Zivanovic O, Palayekar M, Eisenhauer E, Abu Rustum N, Sonoda Y, et al. A contemporary analysis of the ability of preoperative serum CA-125 to predict primary cytoreductive outcome in patients with advanced ovarian, tubal and peritoneal carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol. 2009;112:6-10 pubmed publisher..These data may be useful as part of preoperative surgical counseling and planning. ..
- Root R. Situating experiences of HIV-related stigma in Swaziland. Glob Public Health. 2010;5:523-38 pubmed publisher..Multidisciplinary and locale-specific studies are especially well suited in examining the cultural dynamics of HIV stigma and in providing grounded data that deepen the impact of comprehensive HIV/AIDS policies and programming. ..
- Goz V, Koehler S, Egorova N, Moskowitz A, Guillerme S, Hecht A, et al. Kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty: trends in use in ambulatory and inpatient settings. Spine J. 2011;11:737-44 pubmed publisher..Conflicting evidence regarding which procedure is safer warrants further evaluation. ..
- Arguelles Grande C, Tennyson C, Lewis S, Green P, Bhagat G. Variability in small bowel histopathology reporting between different pathology practice settings: impact on the diagnosis of coeliac disease. J Clin Pathol. 2012;65:242-7 pubmed publisher..Because incorrect biopsy interpretation can cause underdiagnosis of CD, greater CD awareness and uniformity in small bowel biopsy reporting is required among pathologists. ..
- Lin S, Berlin I, Younge R, Jin Z, Sibley C, Schreiner P, et al. Does elevated plasma triglyceride level independently predict impaired fasting glucose?: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA). Diabetes Care. 2013;36:342-7 pubmed publisher..Interactions of elevated TGs with race/ethnicity in predicting IFG were not statistically significant. Elevated TGs were moderately associated with risk for IFG, and it was a poor risk prediction tool for IFG. ..
- Gianni L, Eiermann W, Semiglazov V, Lluch A, Tjulandin S, Zambetti M, et al. Neoadjuvant and adjuvant trastuzumab in patients with HER2-positive locally advanced breast cancer (NOAH): follow-up of a randomised controlled superiority trial with a parallel HER2-negative cohort. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:640-7 pubmed publisher
- Trushkowsky R, Alsadah Z, Brea L, Oquendo A. The Interplay of Orthodontics, Periodontics, and Restorative Dentistry to Achieve Aesthetic and Functional Success. Dent Clin North Am. 2015;59:689-702 pubmed publisher..Currently the sequencing planning process begins with esthetics and then function, structure, and ultimately biology. ..
- Williams K, Cheng G, Pusic I, Jagasia M, Burns L, Ho V, et al. Fluticasone, Azithromycin, and Montelukast Treatment forÂ New-Onset Bronchiolitis Obliterans Syndrome after Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2016;22:710-716 pubmed publisher..However, additional treatments are needed for progressive BOS despite FAM. ..
- Green R, Gu X, Kline Rogers E, Froehlich J, Mace P, Gray B, et al. Differences between the pediatric and adult presentation of fibromuscular dysplasia: results from the US Registry. Pediatr Nephrol. 2016;31:641-50 pubmed publisher..In children, FMD most commonly affects the renal vasculature, but also frequently involves the mesenteric arteries and abdominal aorta; the carotid vessels are less frequently involved. ..
- Hou W, Li Z, Gordon R, Chan K, Klein M, Levy R, et al. Cathepsin k is a critical protease in synovial fibroblast-mediated collagen degradation. Am J Pathol. 2001;159:2167-77 pubmed..This study demonstrates for the first time a critical role of cathepsin K in cartilage degradation by SFs in RA that is comparable to its well-known activity in osteoclasts. ..
- Barginear M, Lesser M, Akerman M, Strakhan M, Shapira I, Bradley T, et al. Need for inferior vena cava filters in cancer patients: a surrogate marker for poor outcome. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2009;15:263-9 pubmed publisher..Complications resulting from thrombosis were also analyzed in this cohort. A prospective randomized trial at our institution is addressing this issue. ..
- O T, Tan M, Tarango M, Fink L, Mihm M, Ma Y, et al. Differential expression of SKI oncogene protein in hemangiomas. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009;141:213-8 pubmed publisher..All vascular controls were negative for SKI staining. CLINICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY: The SKI oncogene protein is upregulated by hemangiomas and may play a role in hemangioma tumorigenesis. ..
- Arslan A, Shore R, Afanasyeva Y, Koenig K, Toniolo P, Zeleniuch Jacquotte A. Circulating estrogen metabolites and risk for breast cancer in premenopausal women. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009;18:2273-9 pubmed publisher..The association between the 2-hydroxy:16alpha-hydroxyestrone ratio and estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer needs to be explored in future studies. ..
- Burack O, Weiner A, Reinhardt J, Annunziato R. What matters most to nursing home elders: quality of life in the nursing home. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2012;13:48-53 pubmed publisher..Additionally, dignity remained a significant predictor of elder satisfaction with staff. These results provide one possible path in the culture change journey based on empirical findings. ..
- Cremer M, Ditzian L, April A, Peralta E, Klausner D, Podolsky R, et al. Depot-medroxyprogesterone acetate contraception use among Salvadoran women: an in-depth analysis of attitudes and experiences. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2011;20:1751-6 pubmed publisher..It is possible that with increased access to educational information about IUD use, safety, and effectiveness, more women would use this form of long-term contraception as opposed to sterilization. ..
- Pouget E, Friedman S, Cleland C, Tempalski B, Cooper H. Estimates of the population prevalence of injection drug users among hispanic residents of large US metropolitan areas. J Urban Health. 2012;89:527-64 pubmed publisher..Future research should attempt to determine to what extent these trends are applicable to Hispanic national origin subgroups. ..
- Silverstein D, Marghoob A. Clear cell acanthoma induced by a dermatofibroma. Dermatol Online J. 2012;18:14 pubmed..We describe an unusual case of a clear cell acanthoma overlying a dermatofibroma and present the first dermoscopic image (to our knowledge) to the literature. ..
- Arthur K, Kelz R, Mills A, Reinke C, Robertson M, Sims C, et al. Interhospital transfer: an independent risk factor for mortality in the surgical intensive care unit. Am Surg. 2013;79:909-13 pubmed..Interhospital transfer is an independent risk factor for mortality in the SICU population; this risk is unevenly distributed through service lines. Further efforts to determine the cause of this association are warranted. ..
- Goss P, Hershman D, Cheung A, Ingle J, Khosla S, Stearns V, et al. Effects of adjuvant exemestane versus anastrozole on bone mineral density for women with early breast cancer (MA.27B): a companion analysis of a randomised controlled trial. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:474-82 pubmed publisher..Canadian Cancer Society Research Institute, Pfizer, Canadian Institutes of Health Research. ..
- Pockett R, Peate M, Hobbs K, Dzidowska M, L Bell M, Baylock B, et al. The characteristics of oncology social work in Australia: Implications for workforce planning in integrated cancer care. Asia Pac J Clin Oncol. 2016;12:444-452 pubmed publisher..Inadequate resources and a lack of integrated psychosocial care were identified as barriers to comprehensive cancer care. The need for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander social workers was identified as an urgent workforce priority. ..
- Genden E, Kaufman M, Katz B, Vine A, Urken M. Tubed gastro-omental free flap for pharyngoesophageal reconstruction. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2001;127:847-53 pubmed..The remaining 4 patients currently tolerate an oral diet. The tubed gastro-omental free flap offers a safe method of reconstructing the pharyngoesophageal segment in a surgical field compromised by previous multimodality therapy. ..