Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
- Cheng J, Huang H, Pak J, Shapiro E, Sun T, Cordon Cardo C, et al. Allelic loss of p53 gene is associated with genesis and maintenance, but not invasion, of mouse carcinoma in situ of the bladder. Cancer Res. 2003;63:179-85 pubmed..On the basis of our current and previous transgenic studies, we have proposed an integrated pathway progression model of bladder cancer. ..
- Lin Y, Quartermain D, Dunn A, Weinshenker D, Stone E. Possible dopaminergic stimulation of locus coeruleus alpha1-adrenoceptors involved in behavioral activation. Synapse. 2008;62:516-23 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that DA is a candidate as an endogenous agonist for behaviorally activating LC alpha(1)-receptors and may play a role in the activation of this nucleus by novel surroundings. ..
- Hedbacker K, Birsoy K, Wysocki R, Asilmaz E, Ahima R, Farooqi I, et al. Antidiabetic effects of IGFBP2, a leptin-regulated gene. Cell Metab. 2010;11:11-22 pubmed publisher..These results show that IGFBP2 can regulate glucose metabolism, a finding with potential implications for the pathogenesis and treatment of diabetes. ..
- Bandyopadhyay A, Matsumoto T, Maitra U. Fission yeast Int6 is not essential for global translation initiation, but deletion of int6(+) causes hypersensitivity to caffeine and affects spore formation. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:4005-18 pubmed..High dosage expression of a truncated mutant of int6(+) conferred a hypersensitivity to caffeine, but did not cause the defect in meiosis. A possible link between the function of int6(+) and the Deltaint6-phenotypes is discussed. ..
- Lee C, da Costa Soares V, Newberger C, Manova K, Lacy E, Hurwitz J. RNA helicase A is essential for normal gastrulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:13709-13 pubmed..These observations indicate that RHA is necessary for early embryonic development and suggest the requirement of RHA for the survival and differentiation of embryonic ectoderm. ..
- Bold T, Ernst J. CD4+ T cell-dependent IFN-? production by CD8+ effector T cells in Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. J Immunol. 2012;189:2530-6 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis. Conversely, defects in these interactions may contribute to susceptibility to tuberculosis and other infections. ..
- Mahmoud N, Bilinski R, Churchill M, Edelmann W, Kucherlapati R, Bertagnolli M. Genotype-phenotype correlation in murine Apc mutation: differences in enterocyte migration and response to sulindac. Cancer Res. 1999;59:353-9 pubmed..These data also suggest that the effectiveness of chemopreventive agents in preventing Apc-related tumor formation may depend on which type of mutation is present. ..
- Cole F, Kauppi L, Lange J, Roig I, Wang R, Keeney S, et al. Homeostatic control of recombination is implemented progressively in mouse meiosis. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:424-30 pubmed publisher..Meiotic recombination exemplifies how order can be progressively implemented in a self-organizing system despite natural cell-to-cell disparities in the underlying biochemical processes...
- Klein S, Carroll J, Chen Y, Henry M, Henry P, Ortonowski I, et al. Biochemical analysis of the arginine methylation of high molecular weight fibroblast growth factor-2. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:3150-7 pubmed..These findings indicate that HMW FGF-2, with the presence of five or more dimethylated Gly-Arg-Gly repeats, contains an RGG box-like domain, which may be important for protein-protein and/or protein-RNA interactions. ..
- Haidar J, Yuan Q, Zeng L, Snavely M, Luna X, Zhang H, et al. A universal combinatorial design of antibody framework to graft distinct CDR sequences: a bioinformatics approach. Proteins. 2012;80:896-912 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that there is a universal and structurally rigid near-CDR set of FR positions that cooperatively support the binding conformation of CDRs. ..
- Vialou V, Cui H, Perello M, Mahgoub M, Yu H, RUSH A, et al. A role for ?FosB in calorie restriction-induced metabolic changes. Biol Psychiatry. 2011;70:204-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ?FosB signaling in NAc mediates adaptive responses to CR. ..
- Pfaffly J, Michaelides M, Wang G, Pessin J, Volkow N, Thanos P. Leptin increases striatal dopamine D2 receptor binding in leptin-deficient obese (ob/ob) mice. Synapse. 2010;64:503-10 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide further evidence that leptin modulates D2R expression in striatum and that these effects are genotype/phenotype dependent. ..
- Ramiro A, Jankovic M, Eisenreich T, Difilippantonio S, Chen Kiang S, Muramatsu M, et al. AID is required for c-myc/IgH chromosome translocations in vivo. Cell. 2004;118:431-8 pubmed..Here we report that AID is essential for the c-myc/IgH chromosome translocations induced by IL6. ..
- O Dell T, Huang P, Dawson T, Dinerman J, Snyder S, Kandel E, et al. Endothelial NOS and the blockade of LTP by NOS inhibitors in mice lacking neuronal NOS. Science. 1994;265:542-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that eNOS, rather than nNOS, generates NO within the postsynaptic cell during LTP. ..
- Likhtik E, Stujenske J, Topiwala M, Harris A, Gordon J. Prefrontal entrainment of amygdala activity signals safety in learned fear and innate anxiety. Nat Neurosci. 2014;17:106-13 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that selective tuning of BLA firing to mPFC input provides a safety-signaling mechanism whereby the mPFC taps into the microcircuitry of the amygdala to diminish fear. ..
- Zaworski P, von Herrmann K, Taylor S, Sunshine S, McCarthy K, Risher N, et al. SMN Protein Can Be Reliably Measured in Whole Blood with an Electrochemiluminescence (ECL) Immunoassay: Implications for Clinical Trials. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0150640 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for the measurement of SMN protein induction in whole blood in response to SMN-upregulating therapy. ..
- Zhu S, Ding S, Wang P, Wei Z, Pan W, Palm N, et al. Nlrp9b inflammasome restricts rotavirus infection in intestinal epithelial cells. Nature. 2017;546:667-670 pubmed publisher..Our study highlights an important innate immune signalling pathway that functions in intestinal epithelial cells and may present useful targets in the modulation of host defences against viral pathogens. ..
- Liu Y, Li Y, Wang X, Liu F, Gao P, Quinn M, et al. Gemcitabine and Chk1 Inhibitor AZD7762 Synergistically Suppress the Growth of Lkb1-Deficient Lung Adenocarcinoma. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5068-5076 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(18); 5068-76. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Cui C, Li Y, Gao H, Zhang H, Han J, Zhang D, et al. Modulation of the gut microbiota by the mixture of fish oil and krill oil in high-fat diet-induced obesity mice. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186216 pubmed publisher..We proposed that further researches are needed to elucidate the causal relationship between obesity alleviation and gut microbiota modulation...
- Atchison M, Atchison M, Van Duuren B. Cocarcinogenesis in vitro using Balb/3T3 cells and aromatic hydrocarbon cocarcinogens. Cell Biol Toxicol. 1985;1:323-31 pubmed..All cells isolated from transformed foci showed characteristics of transformed cells including anchorage-independent growth. ..
- Ellmeier W, Sunshine M, Losos K, Littman D. Multiple developmental stage-specific enhancers regulate CD8 expression in developing thymocytes and in thymus-independent T cells. Immunity. 1998;9:485-96 pubmed..The results suggest that CD8alpha expression is primarily regulated by E8, in IEL and by the novel enhancers in the thymus-dependent lineages. ..
- Zhou G, Mo W, Sebbel P, Min G, Neubert T, Glockshuber R, et al. Uroplakin Ia is the urothelial receptor for uropathogenic Escherichia coli: evidence from in vitro FimH binding. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:4095-103 pubmed..coli, and that the binding of uropathogenic bacteria to uroplakin Ia may play a key role in mediating the urothelial responses to bacterial attachment. ..
- Qiao J, Uzzo R, Obara Ishihara T, Degenstein L, Fuchs E, Herzlinger D. FGF-7 modulates ureteric bud growth and nephron number in the developing kidney. Development. 1999;126:547-54 pubmed..Collectively, these results demonstrate that FGF-7 levels modulate the extent of ureteric bud growth during development and the number of nephrons that eventually form in the kidney. ..
- Spencer Segal J, Tsuda M, Mattei L, Waters E, Romeo R, Milner T, et al. Estradiol acts via estrogen receptors alpha and beta on pathways important for synaptic plasticity in the mouse hippocampal formation. Neuroscience. 2012;202:131-46 pubmed publisher..By further delineating these mechanisms, we will better understand and predict the effects of endogenous and exogenous ovarian steroids on mood, cognition, and other hippocampal-dependent behaviors. ..
- Rivera A, Collins N, Stephan M, Lipuma L, Leiner I, Pamer E. Aberrant tissue localization of fungus-specific CD4+ T cells in IL-10-deficient mice. J Immunol. 2009;183:631-41 pubmed publisher..Our studies demonstrate that disregulated immune responses in the gut can result in dramatic redistribution of pathogen-specific T cells within the host. ..
- Lewis P, Elsaesser S, Noh K, Stadler S, Allis C. Daxx is an H3.3-specific histone chaperone and cooperates with ATRX in replication-independent chromatin assembly at telomeres. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:14075-80 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that Daxx functions as an H3.3-specific chaperone and facilitates the deposition of H3.3 at heterochromatin loci in the context of the ATRX-Daxx complex. ..
- Lalla E, Lamster I, Hofmann M, Bucciarelli L, Jerud A, Tucker S, et al. Oral infection with a periodontal pathogen accelerates early atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E-null mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2003;23:1405-11 pubmed
- Grinberg Bleyer Y, Oh H, Desrichard A, Bhatt D, Caron R, Chan T, et al. NF-ÎºB c-Rel Is Crucial for the Regulatory T Cell Immune Checkpoint in Cancer. Cell. 2017;170:1096-1108.e13 pubmed publisher..Our studies therefore establish inhibition of NF-ÎºB c-Rel as a viable therapeutic approach for enhancing checkpoint-targeting immunotherapy protocols. ..
- Tribioli C, Frasch M, Lufkin T. Bapx1: an evolutionary conserved homologue of the Drosophila bagpipe homeobox gene is expressed in splanchnic mesoderm and the embryonic skeleton. Mech Dev. 1997;65:145-62 pubmed
- Cai X, Zhang W, Hu J, Zhang L, Sultana N, Wu B, et al. Tbx20 acts upstream of Wnt signaling to regulate endocardial cushion formation and valve remodeling during mouse cardiogenesis. Development. 2013;140:3176-87 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests a model in which Tbx20 regulates the Wnt pathway to direct endocardial cushion maturation and valve elongation, and provides new insights into the etiology of valve defects in humans. ..
- Qiang L, Wang L, Kon N, Zhao W, Lee S, Zhang Y, et al. Brown remodeling of white adipose tissue by SirT1-dependent deacetylation of Ppar?. Cell. 2012;150:620-32 pubmed publisher..We propose that SirT1-dependent Ppar? deacetylation is a form of selective Ppar? modulation of potential therapeutic import. ..
- Viotti M, Nowotschin S, Hadjantonakis A. Afp::mCherry, a red fluorescent transgenic reporter of the mouse visceral endoderm. Genesis. 2011;49:124-33 pubmed publisher..The Afp::mCherry reporter was also noted to be expressed in other documented sites of Afp expression including hepatocytes as well as in pancreas, digestive tract, and brain of postnatal mice...
- Harroch S, Palmeri M, Rosenbluth J, Custer A, Okigaki M, Shrager P, et al. No obvious abnormality in mice deficient in receptor protein tyrosine phosphatase beta. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:7706-15 pubmed
- Mendez Ferrer S, Michurina T, Ferraro F, Mazloom A, MacArthur B, Lira S, et al. Mesenchymal and haematopoietic stem cells form a unique bone marrow niche. Nature. 2010;466:829-34 pubmed publisher..These results uncover an unprecedented partnership between two distinct somatic stem-cell types and are indicative of a unique niche in the bone marrow made of heterotypic stem-cell pairs...
- Kolesnikov Y, Chereshnev I, Pasternak G. Analgesic synergy between topical lidocaine and topical opioids. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2000;295:546-51 pubmed..These studies demonstrate a potent interaction peripherally between opioids and a local anesthetic and offer potential advantages in the clinical management of pain. ..
- Toner L, Vrhovac R, Smith E, Gardner J, Heaney M, Gonen M, et al. The schedule-dependent effects of the novel antifolate pralatrexate and gemcitabine are superior to methotrexate and cytarabine in models of human non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:924-32 pubmed..These data provide strong rationale for further study of this combination in lymphomas where methotrexate and ara-C are used. ..
- Garey J, Morgan M, Frohlich J, McEwen B, Pfaff D. Effects of the phytoestrogen coumestrol on locomotor and fear-related behaviors in female mice. Horm Behav. 2001;40:65-76 pubmed..The conditioned fear result suggests that COUM may produce additional effects through alternative pathways. ..
- Xu D, Yao Y, Jiang X, Lu L, Dai W. Regulation of PTEN stability and activity by Plk3. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:39935-42 pubmed publisher..Combined, our study identifies Plk3 as a new player in the regulation of the PI3K/PDK1/Akt signaling axis by phosphorylation and stabilization of PTEN. ..
- Holland J, Caldas Lopes E, Divilov V, Longo V, Taldone T, Zatorska D, et al. Measuring the pharmacodynamic effects of a novel Hsp90 inhibitor on HER2/neu expression in mice using Zr-DFO-trastuzumab. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8859 pubmed publisher..In addition, pharmacodynamic studies on HER2/neu expression levels in response to therapeutic doses of PU-H71 (a specific inhibitor of heat-shock protein 90 [Hsp90]) were conducted...
- Pan P, Ma G, Weber K, Ozao Choy J, Wang G, Yin B, et al. Immune stimulatory receptor CD40 is required for T-cell suppression and T regulatory cell activation mediated by myeloid-derived suppressor cells in cancer. Cancer Res. 2010;70:99-108 pubmed publisher..Blockade of CD40-CD40L interaction between MDSC and Treg may provide a new strategy to ablate tumoral immune suppression and thereby heighten responses to immunotherapy. ..
- Zhang X, Rogers M, Tian H, Zhang X, Zou D, Liu J, et al. High-throughput microarray detection of olfactory receptor gene expression in the mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:14168-73 pubmed..This correlation between genomic location and spatial expression provides unique insights about the regulation of this large family of genes. ..
- Yu X, Nieman B, Sudarov A, Szulc K, Abdollahian D, Bhatia N, et al. Morphological and functional midbrain phenotypes in Fibroblast Growth Factor 17 mutant mice detected by Mn-enhanced MRI. Neuroimage. 2011;56:1251-8 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Fgf17 plays important roles in both the anatomical and functional development of the auditory midbrain, and show the utility of MEMRI for in vivo analyses of mutant mice with subtle brain defects. ..
- Silver D, Jiang X, Tall A. Increased high density lipoprotein (HDL), defective hepatic catabolism of ApoA-I and ApoA-II, and decreased ApoA-I mRNA in ob/ob mice. Possible role of leptin in stimulation of HDL turnover. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:4140-6 pubmed..The studies reveal a specific HDL particle catabolic pathway that is down-regulated in ob/ob mice and suggest that HDL apolipoprotein turnover may be regulated by obesity and/or leptin signaling. ..
- Oka Y, Butnaru M, von Buchholtz L, Ryba N, Zuker C. High salt recruits aversive taste pathways. Nature. 2013;494:472-5 pubmed publisher..We propose that the 'co-opting' of sour and bitter neural pathways evolved as a means to ensure that high levels of salt reliably trigger robust behavioural rejection, thus preventing its potentially detrimental effects on health. ..
- Singh M, Elefteriou F, Karsenty G. Cocaine and amphetamine-regulated transcript may regulate bone remodeling as a circulating molecule. Endocrinology. 2008;149:3933-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results suggest that in its capacity of a regulator of bone remodeling, CART may act more as a circulating molecule than a neuropeptide. ..
- Nakshatri H, Bhat Nakshatri P, Currie R. Subunit association and DNA binding activity of the heterotrimeric transcription factor NF-Y is regulated by cellular redox. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:28784-91 pubmed..Together these results suggest that the cellular redox environment of mammalian cells is an important posttranscriptional regulator of NF-Y subunit association and DNA binding activities. ..
- Vitale A, Perlin J, Leonelli L, Herr J, Wright P, Digilio L, et al. Mouse cPLA2gamma, a novel oocyte and early embryo-abundant phospholipase A2 gamma-like protein, is targeted to the nuclear envelope during germinal vesicle breakdown. Dev Biol. 2005;282:374-84 pubmed..Furthermore, mouse cPLA2gamma protein continues to be expressed in the embryo until the 4-8-cell stage of development, suggesting that mouse cPLA2gamma may function as a previously uncharacterized maternal effect gene. ..
- Wong B, Josien R, Lee S, Sauter B, Li H, Steinman R, et al. TRANCE (tumor necrosis factor [TNF]-related activation-induced cytokine), a new TNF family member predominantly expressed in T cells, is a dendritic cell-specific survival factor. J Exp Med. 1997;186:2075-80 pubmed..Therefore, TRANCE is a new DC-restricted survival factor that mediates T cell-DC communication and may provide a tool to selectively enhance DC activity. ..
- Ying C, Dominguez Sola D, Fabi M, Lorenz I, Hussein S, Bansal M, et al. MEF2B mutations lead to deregulated expression of the oncogene BCL6 in diffuse large B cell lymphoma. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:1084-92 pubmed publisher..Thus, somatic mutations of MEF2B may contribute to lymphomagenesis by deregulating BCL6 expression, and MEF2B may represent an alternative target for blocking Bcl-6 activity in DLBCLs. ..
- Chow A, Huggins M, Ahmed J, Hashimoto D, Lucas D, Kunisaki Y, et al. CD169? macrophages provide a niche promoting erythropoiesis under homeostasis and stress. Nat Med. 2013;19:429-36 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that CD169(+) macrophages promote late erythroid maturation and that modulation of the macrophage compartment may be a new strategy to treat erythropoietic disorders. ..
- Legrier M, Yang C, Yan H, Lopez Barcons L, Keller S, Perez Soler R, et al. Targeting protein translation in human non small cell lung cancer via combined MEK and mammalian target of rapamycin suppression. Cancer Res. 2007;67:11300-8 pubmed..These data (a) provide evidence that both pathways converge on factors that regulate translation initiation and (b) support therapeutic strategies in lung cancer that simultaneously suppress the RAS and AKT signaling network...
- Guleria I, Pollard J. The trophoblast is a component of the innate immune system during pregnancy. Nat Med. 2000;6:589-93 pubmed..This previously unknown function indicates that the trophoblast acts as a pregnancy-specific component of the innate immune system. ..
- Vinod K, Yalamanchili R, Thanos P, Vadasz C, Cooper T, Volkow N, et al. Genetic and pharmacological manipulations of the CB(1) receptor alter ethanol preference and dependence in ethanol preferring and nonpreferring mice. Synapse. 2008;62:574-81 pubmed publisher..The antagonists of the CB(1) receptor may have therapeutic potential in the treatment of ethanol dependence. ..
- Petrova K, Oyadomari S, Hendershot L, Ron D. Regulated association of misfolded endoplasmic reticulum lumenal proteins with P58/DNAJc3. EMBO J. 2008;27:2862-72 pubmed publisher..These findings are consistent with a model whereby localized activation of the Hsp70-type partner is sufficient to promote substrate handover from the J-domain co-chaperone. ..
- Hooper A, Shmelkov S, Gupta S, Milde T, Bambino K, Gillen K, et al. Angiomodulin is a specific marker of vasculature and regulates vascular endothelial growth factor-A-dependent neoangiogenesis. Circ Res. 2009;105:201-8 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the vascular-specific marker AGM modulates vascular remodeling in part by temporizing the proangiogenic effects of VEGF-A. ..
- Welch C, Sun Y, Arey B, Lemaitre V, Sharma N, Ishibashi M, et al. Spontaneous atherothrombosis and medial degradation in Apoe-/-, Npc1-/- mice. Circulation. 2007;116:2444-52 pubmed..Plaque complications may require a procoagulant state and an increased protease activity, leading to plaque destabilization. ..
- Kawada Y, Asahara S, Sugiura Y, Sato A, Furubayashi A, Kawamura M, et al. Histone deacetylase regulates insulin signaling via two pathways in pancreatic ? cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184435 pubmed publisher..The identification of the histone deacetylase isoform(s) involved in these mechanisms would be a valuable approach for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Boskey A. Mineral changes in osteopetrosis. Crit Rev Eukaryot Gene Expr. 2003;13:109-16 pubmed..Here we review the data on mineral crystal changes in osteopetrosis and the techniques for determining these properties, and suggest that the small crystal size contributes to the bones' altered mechanical properties...