Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Publications1407 found, 100 shown here
- Stoffel A, Chaurushiya M, Singh B, Levine A. Activation of NF-kappaB and inhibition of p53-mediated apoptosis by API2/mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue 1 fusions promote oncogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:9079-84 pubmed..Furthermore, they provide evidence underlying the emerging role of the NF-kappaB signaling pathway in the inhibition of apoptosis. ..
- Cheshenko N, Liu W, Satlin L, Herold B. Focal adhesion kinase plays a pivotal role in herpes simplex virus entry. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:31116-25 pubmed..Together, these results support a novel model for invasion that implicates FAK phosphorylation as important for delivery of viral capsids to the nuclear pore. ..
- Park L, Anrather J, Girouard H, Zhou P, Iadecola C. Nox2-derived reactive oxygen species mediate neurovascular dysregulation in the aging mouse brain. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2007;27:1908-18 pubmed..These findings establish Nox2 as a critical source of the neurovascular oxidative stress mediating the deleterious cerebrovascular effects associated with increasing age. ..
- Beg A, Sommer J, Martin J, Scheiffele P. alpha2-Chimaerin is an essential EphA4 effector in the assembly of neuronal locomotor circuits. Neuron. 2007;55:768-78 pubmed..These findings identify alpha2-chimaerin as an indispensable effector for EphA4 in cortical and spinal motor circuits. ..
- Upton A, McKinney J. Role of the methylcitrate cycle in propionate metabolism and detoxification in Mycobacterium smegmatis. Microbiology. 2007;153:3973-82 pubmed..These observations suggest that the marked attenuation of ICL1/ICL2-deficient M. tuberculosis in mice could be due to the accumulation of toxic propionyl-CoA metabolites, rather than inability to utilize fatty acids per se. ..
- Lee H, Chen S, DOETSCHMAN T, Deng C, D Agati V, Kim M. Sevoflurane protects against renal ischemia and reperfusion injury in mice via the transforming growth factor-beta1 pathway. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2008;295:F128-36 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we demonstrate in this study that sevoflurane-mediated renal protection in vivo requires the TGF-beta1-->SMAD3 signaling pathway. ..
- Redecha P, Franzke C, Ruf W, Mackman N, Girardi G. Neutrophil activation by the tissue factor/Factor VIIa/PAR2 axis mediates fetal death in a mouse model of antiphospholipid syndrome. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:3453-61 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that TF/FVIIa/PAR2 signaling mediates neutrophil activation and fetal death in APS and that statins may be a good treatment for women with aPL-induced pregnancy complications...
- Yakar S, Rosen C, Bouxsein M, Sun H, Mejia W, Kawashima Y, et al. Serum complexes of insulin-like growth factor-1 modulate skeletal integrity and carbohydrate metabolism. FASEB J. 2009;23:709-19 pubmed publisher..In summary, each IGF-1 complex constituent appears to play a distinct role in determining skeletal phenotype, with different effects on cortical and trabecular bone compartments. ..
- Lin H, Wang G, Chen Z, Teruya Feldstein J, Liu Y, Chan C, et al. Phosphorylation-dependent regulation of cytosolic localization and oncogenic function of Skp2 by Akt/PKB. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:420-32 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate that high levels of activation of Akt correlate with the cytosolic accumulation of Skp2 in human cancer specimens. Our results therefore define a novel proto-oncogenic Akt/PKB-dependent signalling pathway. ..
- Cormode D, Chandrasekar R, Delshad A, Briley Saebo K, Calcagno C, Barazza A, et al. Comparison of synthetic high density lipoprotein (HDL) contrast agents for MR imaging of atherosclerosis. Bioconjug Chem. 2009;20:937-43 pubmed publisher..The half-lives of 37pA-Gd and 18A-Gd are 2.6 and 2.1 h, respectively. Despite the more favorable lipid interactions of 37pA, both agents gave similar, excellent contrast for the detection of atherosclerotic macrophages using MRI. ..
- Longhi M, Trumpfheller C, Idoyaga J, Caskey M, Matos I, Kluger C, et al. Dendritic cells require a systemic type I interferon response to mature and induce CD4+ Th1 immunity with poly IC as adjuvant. J Exp Med. 2009;206:1589-602 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the adjuvant action of poly IC requires a widespread innate type I IFN response that directly links antigen presentation by DCs to adaptive immunity. ..
- Zhang L, Altuwaijri S, Deng F, Chen L, Lal P, Bhanot U, et al. NF-kappaB regulates androgen receptor expression and prostate cancer growth. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:489-99 pubmed publisher..In addition, levels of both NF-kappaB and AR were strongly correlated in human prostate cancer. Our data suggest that NF-kappaB can regulate AR expression in prostate cancer and that NF-kappaB inhibitors may have therapeutic potential. ..
- Yuan A, Sasaki T, Rao M, Kumar A, Kanumuri V, Dunlop D, et al. Neurofilaments form a highly stable stationary cytoskeleton after reaching a critical level in axons. J Neurosci. 2009;29:11316-29 pubmed publisher..These findings reconcile in vitro and in vivo axonal transport observations, showing that slowly transported NFs or subunit oligomers are precursors to a highly stable stationary cytoskeletal network that supports mature axons. ..
- Chang C, Seo T, Du C, Accili D, Deckelbaum R. n-3 Fatty acids decrease arterial low-density lipoprotein cholesterol delivery and lipoprotein lipase levels in insulin-resistant mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:2510-7 pubmed publisher..n-3 diets diminish arterial LDL-cholesterol deposition in mice with insulin resistance, and this is associated with changes in arterial LpL levels and distribution. ..
- Escorcia F, Henke E, McDevitt M, Villa C, Smith Jones P, Blasberg R, et al. Selective killing of tumor neovasculature paradoxically improves chemotherapy delivery to tumors. Cancer Res. 2010;70:9277-86 pubmed publisher..Moreover, targeting the vessel for killing provides an alternative mode of improving chemotherapy delivery and efficacy, potentially avoiding some of the drawbacks of targeting a highly redundant angiogenic pathway. ..
- Wang D, Bai X, Tian Q, Lai Y, Lin E, Shi Y, et al. GEP constitutes a negative feedback loop with MyoD and acts as a novel mediator in controlling skeletal muscle differentiation. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2012;69:1855-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, GEP growth factor, JunB, and MyoD transcription factor form a regulatory loop and act in concert in the course of myogenesis. ..
- Ashrafi S, Betley J, Comer J, Brenner Morton S, Bar V, Shimoda Y, et al. Neuronal Ig/Caspr recognition promotes the formation of axoaxonic synapses in mouse spinal cord. Neuron. 2014;81:120-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings define a recognition complex that contributes to the assembly and organization of a specialized GABAergic microcircuit. ..
- Nath S, Dancourt J, Shteyn V, Puente G, Fong W, Nag S, et al. Lipidation of the LC3/GABARAP family of autophagy proteins relies on a membrane-curvature-sensing domain in Atg3. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:415-24 pubmed publisher..The need for extensive lipid-packing defects suggests that Atg3 is designed to work at highly curved membranes, perhaps including the limiting edge of the growing phagophore. ..
- Pereira C, Chang B, Gomes A, Bernitz J, Papatsenko D, Niu X, et al. Hematopoietic Reprogramming In Vitro Informs In Vivo Identification of Hemogenic Precursors to Definitive Hematopoietic Stem Cells. Dev Cell. 2016;36:525-39 pubmed publisher..In summary, we show that reprogramming reveals a phenotype for in vivo precursors to hemogenic endothelium, establishing that direct in vitro conversion informs developmental processes in vivo. ..
- Vitale M, Vashishtha A, Linzer E, Powell D, Friedman J. Molecular cloning of the mouse CCK gene: expression in different brain regions and during cortical development. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:169-77 pubmed..The appearance of CCK RNA during intestinal development was also measured and found to precede appearance in cortex by several days. ..
- Friedman S, Palfree R, Sirlin S, Hammerling U. Analysis of three distinct Ly6-A-related cDNA sequences isolated from rat kidney. Immunogenetics. 1990;31:104-11 pubmed..Anomalies in two of the rat cDNA clones, resulting from improper splicing of the original transcripts, correlated with Ly6Ca exon boundaries, thus suggesting conserved intron-exon organization. ..
- Schwarz K, Simons M, Reiser J, Saleem M, Faul C, Kriz W, et al. Podocin, a raft-associated component of the glomerular slit diaphragm, interacts with CD2AP and nephrin. J Clin Invest. 2001;108:1621-9 pubmed..We postulate that podocin serves in the structural organization of the slit diaphragm and the regulation of its filtration function. ..
- Klein U, Esposito G, Baudat F, Keeney S, Jasin M. Mice deficient for the type II topoisomerase-like DNA transesterase Spo11 show normal immunoglobulin somatic hypermutation and class switching. Eur J Immunol. 2002;32:316-21 pubmed..Furthermore, Spo11(-/-) mice showed normal serum levels of all Ig isotypes. These results indicate that Spo11 is not required for Ig hypermutation or class switch recombination. ..
- Su T, Suzui M, Wang L, Lin C, Xing W, Weinstein I. Deletion of histidine triad nucleotide-binding protein 1/PKC-interacting protein in mice enhances cell growth and carcinogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:7824-9 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that, like FHIT, PKCI may normally play a tumor-suppressor role. The possible role of PKCI as a tumor suppressor in humans remains to be determined. ..
- Pin R, Reinblatt M, Bowers W, Federoff H, Fong Y. Herpes simplex virus amplicon delivery of a hypoxia-inducible angiogenic inhibitor blocks capillary formation in hepatocellular carcinoma. J Gastrointest Surg. 2004;8:812-22; discussion 822-3 pubmed..the control group (P < 0.000001). HSV amplicon-mediated delivery of a hypoxia-inducible soluble VEGF receptor substantially reduces new vessel formation and tumor growth in hepatoma. ..
- Yang Y, Ochando J, Yopp A, Bromberg J, Ding Y. IL-6 plays a unique role in initiating c-Maf expression during early stage of CD4 T cell activation. J Immunol. 2005;174:2720-9 pubmed..Our findings suggest that IL-6 plays a unique role in initiating c-Maf expression after TCR engagement, and may subsequently regulate early IL-4 production and Th2 commitment. ..
- Perez de Castro I, Benet M, Jimenez M, Alzabin S, Malumbres M, Pellicer A. Mouse p10, an alternative spliced form of p15INK4b, inhibits cell cycle progression and malignant transformation. Cancer Res. 2005;65:3249-56 pubmed
- Wang G, Kovalenko B, Huang Y, Moscatelli D. Vascular endothelial growth factor and angiopoietin are required for prostate regeneration. Prostate. 2007;67:485-99 pubmed..VEGF-A and angiopoietins are required for the vascular response to androgens and for the ability of the prostate to regenerate in response to androgens. ..
- Ahn J, McAvoy T, Rakhilin S, Nishi A, Greengard P, Nairn A. Protein kinase A activates protein phosphatase 2A by phosphorylation of the B56delta subunit. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:2979-84 pubmed..Moreover, stimulation of protein phosphatase activity by this mechanism may represent an important signaling pathway regulated by cAMP in neurons and other types of cell. ..
- Harja E, Bu D, Hudson B, Chang J, Shen X, Hallam K, et al. Vascular and inflammatory stresses mediate atherosclerosis via RAGE and its ligands in apoE-/- mice. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:183-94 pubmed..These data highlight unifying mechanisms whereby endothelial RAGE and its ligands mediate vascular and inflammatory stresses that culminate in atherosclerosis in the vulnerable vessel wall. ..
- Hockemeyer D, Palm W, Wang R, Couto S, de Lange T. Engineered telomere degradation models dyskeratosis congenita. Genes Dev. 2008;22:1773-85 pubmed publisher..These results provide experimental support for the notion that DC is caused by telomere dysfunction, and demonstrate that key aspects of a human telomere-based disease can be modeled in the mouse. ..
- Luria V, Krawchuk D, Jessell T, Laufer E, Kania A. Specification of motor axon trajectory by ephrin-B:EphB signaling: symmetrical control of axonal patterning in the developing limb. Neuron. 2008;60:1039-53 pubmed publisher..The involvement of ephrin:Eph signaling in guiding both sets of motor axons raises the possibility that other signaling systems function primarily to refine or modulate a core Eph signaling program. ..
- Singh R, Kaushik S, Wang Y, Xiang Y, Novak I, Komatsu M, et al. Autophagy regulates lipid metabolism. Nature. 2009;458:1131-5 pubmed publisher..This study identifies a critical function for autophagy in lipid metabolism that could have important implications for human diseases with lipid over-accumulation such as those that comprise the metabolic syndrome. ..
- Liu L, Shi X, Bharadwaj K, Ikeda S, Yamashita H, Yagyu H, et al. DGAT1 expression increases heart triglyceride content but ameliorates lipotoxicity. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:36312-23 pubmed publisher..Moreover, induction of DGAT1 could be beneficial in the setting of excess heart accumulation of toxic lipids. ..
- Becher O, Hambardzumyan D, Walker T, Helmy K, Nazarian J, Albrecht S, et al. Preclinical evaluation of radiation and perifosine in a genetically and histologically accurate model of brainstem glioma. Cancer Res. 2010;70:2548-57 pubmed publisher..92). Perifosine + 10 Gy did not result in a significantly increased survival relative to 10 Gy alone (P = 0.23). This PDGF-induced BSG model can serve as a preclinical tool for the testing of novel agents...
- Kim M, Park S, Kim M, Chen S, Gerthoffer W, D Agati V, et al. Selective renal overexpression of human heat shock protein 27 reduces renal ischemia-reperfusion injury in mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;299:F347-58 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings have important clinical implications, as they imply that kidney-specific expression of HSP27 through lentiviral delivery is a viable therapeutic option in attenuating the effects of renal IR. ..
- Puzzo D, Privitera L, Fa M, Staniszewski A, Hashimoto G, Aziz F, et al. Endogenous amyloid-? is necessary for hippocampal synaptic plasticity and memory. Ann Neurol. 2011;69:819-30 pubmed publisher..Endogenous A??? is a critical player in synaptic plasticity and memory within the normal central nervous system. This needs to be taken into consideration when designing therapies aiming at reducing A? levels to treat Alzheimer disease. ..
- Monks D, Morrow B. Identification of putative retinoic acid target genes downstream of mesenchymal Tbx1 during inner ear development. Dev Dyn. 2012;241:563-73 pubmed publisher..Here study provides a series of newly identified RA effector genes for inner ear development downstream of mesenchymal Tbx1 that may contribute to the inner ear phenotype observed in Tbx1 loss of function mouse models. ..
- Bikard D, Hatoum Aslan A, Mucida D, Marraffini L. CRISPR interference can prevent natural transformation and virulence acquisition during in vivo bacterial infection. Cell Host Microbe. 2012;12:177-86 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that CRISPR interference can prevent the emergence of virulence in vivo and that strong selective pressure for virulence or antibiotic resistance can lead to CRISPR loss in bacterial pathogens. ..
- Makani S, Chen H, Esquenazi S, Shah G, Waheed A, Sly W, et al. NMDA receptor-dependent afterdepolarizations are curtailed by carbonic anhydrase 14: regulation of a short-term postsynaptic potentiation. J Neurosci. 2012;32:16754-62 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Car14 regulates pH transients in the perisynaptic microenvironment and govern their impact on NMDARs but plays little role in buffering pH shifts in the broader, macroscopic, extracellular space. ..
- Zammarchi F, Boutsalis G, Cartegni L. 5' UTR control of native ERG and of Tmprss2:ERG variants activity in prostate cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e49721 pubmed publisher..Usage of this ATG can be preferentially down-regulated by directed antisense-based compounds, possibly representing the basis of a targeted approach that distinguishes between tumor-associated and normal ERG. ..
- Tolani S, Pagler T, Murphy A, Bochem A, Abramowicz S, Welch C, et al. Hypercholesterolemia and reduced HDL-C promote hematopoietic stem cell proliferation and monocytosis: studies in mice and FH children. Atherosclerosis. 2013;229:79-85 pubmed publisher..Higher monocyte counts in children with FH and low HDL-cholesterol suggest a similar pattern in humans. ..
- Li W, Li J, Sama A, Wang H. Carbenoxolone blocks endotoxin-induced protein kinase R (PKR) activation and high mobility group box 1 (HMGB1) release. Mol Med. 2013;19:203-11 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggested that CBX blocks LPS-induced HMGB1 release possibly through impairing PKR activation, supporting the involvement of PKR in the regulation of HMGB1 release. ..
- Mortha A, Chudnovskiy A, Hashimoto D, Bogunovic M, Spencer S, Belkaid Y, et al. Microbiota-dependent crosstalk between macrophages and ILC3 promotes intestinal homeostasis. Science. 2014;343:1249288 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that commensal microbes promote a crosstalk between innate myeloid and lymphoid cells that leads to immune homeostasis in the intestine...
- Lee S, Marchionni I, Bezaire M, Varga C, Danielson N, Lovett Barron M, et al. Parvalbumin-positive basket cells differentiate among hippocampal pyramidal cells. Neuron. 2014;82:1129-44 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the presence of heterogeneous PVBC-PC microcircuits, potentially contributing to the sparse and distributed structure of hippocampal network activity. ..
- Chang H, Guerrero I, Lake R, Pellicer A, D EUSTACHIO P. Mouse N-ras genes: organization of the functional locus and of a truncated cDNA-like pseudogene. Oncogene Res. 1987;1:129-36 pubmed..In addition, we have isolated and sequenced a second mouse gene homologous to N-ras. This locus, which we have named N-ras-2ps, resides at a chromosomal site distinct from N-ras and appears to be a truncated cDNA-like pseudogene. ..
- Lee C, Kominos D, Jacques S, Margolis B, Schlessinger J, Shoelson S, et al. Crystal structures of peptide complexes of the amino-terminal SH2 domain of the Syp tyrosine phosphatase. Structure. 1994;2:423-38 pubmed
- Kogan J, Frankland P, Blendy J, Coblentz J, Marowitz Z, Schutz G, et al. Spaced training induces normal long-term memory in CREB mutant mice. Curr Biol. 1997;7:1-11 pubmed..Remarkably, this effect of CREB function is not restricted to simple conditioning tasks, but also affects complex behaviours such as spatial memory and memory for socially transmitted food preferences. ..
- Cheng S, Heintz N. Massive loss of mid- and hindbrain neurons during embryonic development of homozygous lurcher mice. J Neurosci. 1997;17:2400-7 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the severe and dose-dependent developmental consequences of lurcher gene action result from degeneration of distinct neuronal populations on maturation in the developing CNS. ..
- Penkov D, Ni R, Else C, Pinol Roma S, Ramirez F, Tanaka S. Cloning of a human gene closely related to the genes coding for the c-myc single-strand binding proteins. Gene. 2000;243:27-36 pubmed..As part of the initial characterization of RBMS3 we have also established that the gene resides on human chromosome 3p23-p24 and is widely expressed in the embryo and in the adult organism. ..
- Yan S, Zhu H, Zhu A, Golabek A, Du H, Roher A, et al. Receptor-dependent cell stress and amyloid accumulation in systemic amyloidosis. Nat Med. 2000;6:643-51 pubmed..Antagonizing RAGE suppressed cell stress and amyloid deposition in mouse spleens. These data indicate that RAGE is a potential target for inhibiting accumulation of amyloid A and for limiting cellular dysfunction induced by amyloid A. ..
- Razani B, Zhang X, Bitzer M, von Gersdorff G, Bottinger E, Lisanti M. Caveolin-1 regulates transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta/SMAD signaling through an interaction with the TGF-beta type I receptor. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:6727-38 pubmed..We localize the Type I TGF-beta receptor interaction to the scaffolding domain of Cav-1 and show that it occurs in a physiologically relevant time frame, acting to rapidly dampen signaling initiated by the TGF-beta receptor complex. ..
- Ouaaz F, Arron J, Zheng Y, Choi Y, Beg A. Dendritic cell development and survival require distinct NF-kappaB subunits. Immunity. 2002;16:257-70 pubmed..These results therefore indicate essential, subunit-specific functions for NF-kappaB proteins in regulating DC development, survival, and cytokine production. ..
- Zhang Q, Muller M, Chen C, Zeng L, Farooq A, Zhou M. New insights into the catalytic activation of the MAPK phosphatase PAC-1 induced by its substrate MAPK ERK2 binding. J Mol Biol. 2005;354:777-88 pubmed..These results suggest that Arg294 and Arg295 play an important role in PAC-1 catalytic activation induced by ERK2 binding. ..
- Wang Q, Ding Y, Kohtz D, Kohtz S, Mizushima N, Cristea I, et al. Induction of autophagy in axonal dystrophy and degeneration. J Neurosci. 2006;26:8057-68 pubmed..We propose that induction of autophagy serves as an early stress response in axonal dystrophy and may participate in the remodeling of axon structures...
- Tanaka S, Ramirez F. The first intron of the human alpha2(I) collagen gene (COL1A2) contains a novel interferon-gamma responsive element. Matrix Biol. 2007;26:185-9 pubmed..Together our findings further extend the list of transcription factors involved in INF-gamma inhibition of COL1A2 gene expression. ..
- Schubert W, Sotgia F, Cohen A, Capozza F, Bonuccelli G, Bruno C, et al. Caveolin-1(-/-)- and caveolin-2(-/-)-deficient mice both display numerous skeletal muscle abnormalities, with tubular aggregate formation. Am J Pathol. 2007;170:316-33 pubmed..Consistent with this hypothesis, skeletal muscle isolated from male Cav-3(-/-) mice did not show any of these abnormalities. As such, this is the first study linking stem cells with the genesis of these intriguing muscle defects. ..
- Stephan M, Ponomarev V, Brentjens R, Chang A, Dobrenkov K, Heller G, et al. T cell-encoded CD80 and 4-1BBL induce auto- and transcostimulation, resulting in potent tumor rejection. Nat Med. 2007;13:1440-9 pubmed..This new strategy of endowing T cells with constitutively expressed costimulatory ligands could be extended to other ligand-receptor pairs and used to enhance any targeted adoptive transfer therapy. ..
- De B, Hackett N, Crystal R, Boyer J. Rapid/sustained anti-anthrax passive immunity mediated by co-administration of Ad/AAV. Mol Ther. 2008;16:203-9 pubmed
- Kong L, Andrassy M, Chang J, Huang C, Asai T, Szabolcs M, et al. PKCbeta modulates ischemia-reperfusion injury in the heart. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008;294:H1862-70 pubmed publisher..These data implicate PKCbeta in I/R-mediated myocardial injury, at least in part via phosphorylation of JNK, and suggest that blockade of PKCbeta may represent a potent strategy to protect the vulnerable myocardium. ..
- Wassarman P, Litscher E. Mammalian fertilization: the egg's multifunctional zona pellucida. Int J Dev Biol. 2008;52:665-76 pubmed publisher..Apparently, sperm added to ZP3 bind to the fibrils and are prevented from binding to ovulated eggs in vitro. These, as well as other aspects of ZP structure and function are addressed in this article...
- Placanica L, Zhu L, Li Y. Gender- and age-dependent gamma-secretase activity in mouse brain and its implication in sporadic Alzheimer disease. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5088 pubmed publisher..In addition, deceased Notch gamma-secretase activity may also contribute to neurodegeneration. Therefore, this study implicates altered gamma-secretase activity and specificity as a possible mechanism of sporadic AD during aging. ..
- Eldjerou L, Chaudhury S, Baisre de Leon A, He M, Arcila M, Heller G, et al. An in vivo model of double-unit cord blood transplantation that correlates with clinical engraftment. Blood. 2010;116:3999-4006 pubmed publisher..Thus, unit dominance is an in vivo phenomenon probably associated with a graft-versus-graft immune interaction mediated by CD34(-) cells. ..
- Fitzgerald M, Lupica C, Pickel V. Decreased parvalbumin immunoreactivity in the cortex and striatum of mice lacking the CB1 receptor. Synapse. 2011;65:827-31 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that CB1 receptor deletion may elicit a compensatory mechanism for network homeostasis affecting parvalbumin-containing cortical and striatal interneurons. ..
- Klein K, Fukuto H, Pelletier M, Romanov G, Grabenstein J, Palmer L, et al. A transposon site hybridization screen identifies galU and wecBC as important for survival of Yersinia pestis in murine macrophages. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:653-62 pubmed publisher..Therefore, addition of aminoarabinose to lipid A and complete LOS core (galU), as well as enterobacterial common antigen (wecB and wecC), is important for survival of Y. pestis in macrophages. ..
- Zhang S, Cheng J, Qin Y. Mechanobiological modulation of cytoskeleton and calcium influx in osteoblastic cells by short-term focused acoustic radiation force. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38343 pubmed publisher..This experimental system could serve as basis for further exploration of the mechanosensing mechanism of osteoblasts triggered by ultrasound. ..
- Gershon M. Serotonin is a sword and a shield of the bowel: serotonin plays offense and defense. Trans Am Clin Climatol Assoc. 2012;123:268-80; discussion 280 pubmed..Mucosal 5-HT, therefore, may mobilize inflammatory effectors, which protect the gut from invasion, whereas neuronal 5-HT shields enteric neurons from inflammatory damage. ..
- Reis B, Rogoz A, Costa Pinto F, Taniuchi I, Mucida D. Mutual expression of the transcription factors Runx3 and ThPOK regulates intestinal CD4? T cell immunity. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:271-80 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate considerable plasticity in the CD4(+) T cell lineage that allows chronic exposure to luminal antigens without pathological inflammation. ..
- Scheufele F, Wolf B, Kruse M, Hartmann T, Lempart J, MÃ¼hlich S, et al. Evidence for a regulatory role of Cullin-RING E3 ubiquitin ligase 7 in insulin signaling. Cell Signal. 2014;26:233-239 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings point to a yet unrecognized role of CRL7 in insulin-mediated control of glucose homeostasis by restraining PI3 kinase/AKT activities in skeletal muscle cells. ..
- Haque S, Lan X, Wen H, Lederman R, Chawla A, Attia M, et al. HIV Promotes NLRP3 Inflammasome Complex Activation in Murine HIV-Associated Nephropathy. Am J Pathol. 2016;186:347-58 pubmed publisher..TheseÂ findings suggest that generation of reactive oxygen species and potassium efflux contribute to HIV-induced pyroptosis and NLRP3 inflammasome activation in podocytes. ..
- Reverter J, Beguin S, Kessels H, Kumar R, Hemker H, Coller B. Inhibition of platelet-mediated, tissue factor-induced thrombin generation by the mouse/human chimeric 7E3 antibody. Potential implications for the effect of c7E3 Fab treatment on acute thrombosis and "clinical restenosis". J Clin Invest. 1996;98:863-74 pubmed
- Luo J, Liu X, Hammond S, Colley W, Feig L, Frohman M, et al. RalA interacts directly with the Arf-responsive, PIP2-dependent phospholipase D1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;235:854-9 pubmed..And finally, immobilized RalA precipitated PLD1 from a purified PLD1 preparation. These data argue that RalA associates directly with the Arf-responsive, PIP2-dependent PLD1. ..
- Stenbit A, Tsao T, Li J, Burcelin R, Geenen D, Factor S, et al. GLUT4 heterozygous knockout mice develop muscle insulin resistance and diabetes. Nat Med. 1997;3:1096-101 pubmed..The male GLUT4 +/- mice represent a good model for studying the development of NIDDM without the complications associated with obesity. ..
- Chua S, Koutras I, Han L, Liu S, Kay J, Young S, et al. Fine structure of the murine leptin receptor gene: splice site suppression is required to form two alternatively spliced transcripts. Genomics. 1997;45:264-70 pubmed..We present evidence that the Rc form is expressed in human tissues while the Re form, the soluble receptor, is not expressed. ..
- Ermekova K, Zambrano N, Linn H, Minopoli G, Gertler F, Russo T, et al. The WW domain of neural protein FE65 interacts with proline-rich motifs in Mena, the mammalian homolog of Drosophila enabled. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:32869-77 pubmed
- Zhao R, Gao F, Wang Y, Diaz G, Gelb B, Goldman I. Impact of the reduced folate carrier on the accumulation of active thiamin metabolites in murine leukemia cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:1114-8 pubmed
- Bhat M, Rios J, Lu Y, Garcia Fresco G, Ching W, St Martin M, et al. Axon-glia interactions and the domain organization of myelinated axons requires neurexin IV/Caspr/Paranodin. Neuron. 2001;30:369-83 pubmed..These results show a critical role for NCP1 in the delineation of specific axonal domains and the axon-glia interactions required for normal saltatory conduction. ..
- Dredge B, Darnell R. Nova regulates GABA(A) receptor gamma2 alternative splicing via a distal downstream UCAU-rich intronic splicing enhancer. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:4687-700 pubmed
- Okamoto H, Nakae J, Kitamura T, Park B, Dragatsis I, Accili D. Transgenic rescue of insulin receptor-deficient mice. J Clin Invest. 2004;114:214-23 pubmed..These data indicate, surprisingly, that insulin receptor signaling in noncanonical insulin target tissues is sufficient to maintain fuel homeostasis and prevent diabetes. ..
- Kirman I, Poltoratskaia N, Sylla P, Whelan R. Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 3 inhibits growth of experimental colocarcinoma. Surgery. 2004;136:205-9 pubmed..364 +/- 0.165 g) than in WT controls (0.742 +/- 0.261 g) (P < .01). IGFBP-3 inhibits the development of colonic tumors in experimental models and may hold promise as an adjuvant therapy for patients with neoplasms. ..
- Roth J, Caunt M, Cretu A, Akalu A, Policarpio D, Li X, et al. Inhibition of experimental metastasis by targeting the HUIV26 cryptic epitope in collagen. Am J Pathol. 2006;168:1576-86 pubmed
- Machado F, Desruisseaux M, Nagajyothi -, Kennan R, Hetherington H, Wittner M, et al. Endothelin in a murine model of cerebral malaria. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2006;231:1176-81 pubmed
- Hulit J, Lee R, Li Z, Wang C, Katiyar S, Yang J, et al. p27Kip1 repression of ErbB2-induced mammary tumor growth in transgenic mice involves Skp2 and Wnt/beta-catenin signaling. Cancer Res. 2006;66:8529-41 pubmed..p27(Kip1) is haploinsufficient for ErbB2 mammary tumor suppression in vivo and functions to repress collaborative oncogenic signals including Skp2 and Wnt/beta-catenin signaling. ..
- Cimmino L, Martins G, Liao J, Magnusdottir E, Grunig G, Perez R, et al. Blimp-1 attenuates Th1 differentiation by repression of ifng, tbx21, and bcl6 gene expression. J Immunol. 2008;181:2338-47 pubmed..Our data provide evidence that Blimp-1 functions in Th2 cells to reinforce Th2 differentiation by repressing critical Th1 genes. ..
- Matsuda S, Giliberto L, Matsuda Y, McGowan E, D ADAMIO L. BRI2 inhibits amyloid beta-peptide precursor protein processing by interfering with the docking of secretases to the substrate. J Neurosci. 2008;28:8668-76 pubmed publisher..Alterations of BRI2 by gene targeting or transgenic expression regulate Abeta levels and AD pathology in mouse models of AD. Competitive inhibition of APP processing by BRI2 may provide a new approach to AD therapy and prevention. ..
- Hu X, Chung A, Wu I, Foldi J, Chen J, Ji J, et al. Integrated regulation of Toll-like receptor responses by Notch and interferon-gamma pathways. Immunity. 2008;29:691-703 pubmed publisher..These findings identify new immune functions for RBP-J, Hes, and Hey proteins and provide insights into mechanisms by which Notch, TLR, and IFN-gamma signals are integrated to modulate specific effector functions in macrophages. ..
- Zaidi M, Davies T, Zallone A, Blair H, Iqbal J, Moonga S, et al. Thyroid-stimulating hormone, thyroid hormones, and bone loss. Curr Osteoporos Rep. 2009;7:47-52 pubmed..TSH and its receptor could become valuable drug targets in treating bone loss...
- Simonaro C, Ge Y, Eliyahu E, He X, Jepsen K, Schuchman E. Involvement of the Toll-like receptor 4 pathway and use of TNF-alpha antagonists for treatment of the mucopolysaccharidoses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:222-7 pubmed publisher..These studies revealed the important role of TLR4 signaling in MPS bone and joint disease and suggest that targeting TNF-alpha may have positive therapeutic effects. ..