Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Publications1600 found, 100 shown here
- Argaw A, Asp L, Zhang J, Navrazhina K, Pham T, Mariani J, et al. Astrocyte-derived VEGF-A drives blood-brain barrier disruption in CNS inflammatory disease. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:2454-68 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data identify blockade of VEGF-A signaling as a protective strategy to treat inflammatory CNS disease. ..
- Wu J, Herman M, Liu L, Simoes S, Acker C, Figueroa H, et al. Small misfolded Tau species are internalized via bulk endocytosis and anterogradely and retrogradely transported in neurons. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:1856-70 pubmed publisher..These data provide support for observations that tauopathy can spread trans-synaptically in vivo, via cell-to-cell transfer...
- MacKenzie G, Huang L, Alston N, Ouyang N, Vranková K, Mattheolabakis G, et al. Targeting mitochondrial STAT3 with the novel phospho-valproic acid (MDC-1112) inhibits pancreatic cancer growth in mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61532 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that P-V is a promising candidate drug against pancreatic cancer and establish mitochondrial STAT3 as its key molecular target. ..
- Friedman J, Leibel R, Siegel D, Walsh J, Bahary N. Molecular mapping of the mouse ob mutation. Genomics. 1991;11:1054-62 pubmed..The homologs of markers that flank ob map to human chromosome 7q, suggesting that if there is a human homologue of ob, it maps to 7q31. ..
- Takagaki Y, Seipelt R, Peterson M, Manley J. The polyadenylation factor CstF-64 regulates alternative processing of IgM heavy chain pre-mRNA during B cell differentiation. Cell. 1996;87:941-52 pubmed..Our results indicate that CstF-64 plays a key role in regulating IgM heavy chain expression during B cell differentiation. ..
- Buschmann T, Potapova O, Bar Shira A, Ivanov V, Fuchs S, Henderson S, et al. Jun NH2-terminal kinase phosphorylation of p53 on Thr-81 is important for p53 stabilization and transcriptional activities in response to stress. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:2743-54 pubmed..Our studies identify an additional mechanism for the regulation of p53 stability and functional activities in response to stress. ..
- Weyant M, Carothers A, Mahmoud N, Bradlow H, Remotti H, Bilinski R, et al. Reciprocal expression of ERalpha and ERbeta is associated with estrogen-mediated modulation of intestinal tumorigenesis. Cancer Res. 2001;61:2547-51 pubmed
- Sivalenka R, Jessberger R. SWAP-70 regulates c-kit-induced mast cell activation, cell-cell adhesion, and migration. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10277-88 pubmed..Together, we suggest that SWAP-70 is an important regulator of specific effector pathways in c-kit signaling, including mast cell activation, migration, and cell adhesion. ..
- Pierini L. Uptake of serum-opsonized Francisella tularensis by macrophages can be mediated by class A scavenger receptors. Cell Microbiol. 2006;8:1361-70 pubmed..tularensis infection, namely, blocking SRA as a means of hindering F. tularensis access to its intracellular niche. ..
- Hidalgo A, Chang J, Jang J, Peired A, Chiang E, Frenette P. Heterotypic interactions enabled by polarized neutrophil microdomains mediate thromboinflammatory injury. Nat Med. 2009;15:384-91 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that endothelial selectins can influence neutrophil behavior beyond its canonical rolling step through delayed, organ-damaging, polarized activation. ..
- Du L, Zhao G, Chan C, Sun S, Chen M, Liu Z, et al. Recombinant receptor-binding domain of SARS-CoV spike protein expressed in mammalian, insect and E. coli cells elicits potent neutralizing antibody and protective immunity. Virology. 2009;393:144-50 pubmed publisher..coli and insect cells. ..
- Fernandez L A, Squatrito M, Northcott P, Awan A, Holland E, Taylor M, et al. Oncogenic YAP promotes radioresistance and genomic instability in medulloblastoma through IGF2-mediated Akt activation. Oncogene. 2012;31:1923-37 pubmed publisher..Our results establish a central role for YAP in counteracting radiation-based therapies and driving genomic instability, and indicate the YAP/IGF2/Akt axis as a therapeutic target in medulloblastoma. ..
- Zheng Y, Lilo S, Mena P, Bliska J. YopJ-induced caspase-1 activation in Yersinia-infected macrophages: independent of apoptosis, linked to necrosis, dispensable for innate host defense. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36019 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that YopJ-induced caspase-1 activation in Yersinia-infected macrophages is a downstream consequence of necrotic cell death and is dispensable for innate host resistance to a strain with enhanced cytotoxicity...
- Backes S, Shapiro J, Sabin L, Pham A, Reyes I, Moss B, et al. Degradation of host microRNAs by poxvirus poly(A) polymerase reveals terminal RNA methylation as a protective antiviral mechanism. Cell Host Microbe. 2012;12:200-10 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that poxviruses may degrade host miRNAs to promote replication and that virus-mediated small RNA degradation likely contributed to 2'OMe evolution. ..
- Qiu W, Tang S, Lee S, Turk A, Sireci A, Qiu A, et al. Loss of Activin Receptor Type 1B Accelerates Development of Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasms in Mice With Activated KRAS. Gastroenterology. 2016;150:218-228.e12 pubmed publisher..ACVR1B suppresses early stages of pancreatic tumorigenesis; the activin signaling pathway therefore might be a therapeutic target for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Gale N, Flenniken A, Compton D, Jenkins N, Copeland N, Gilbert D, et al. Elk-L3, a novel transmembrane ligand for the Eph family of receptor tyrosine kinases, expressed in embryonic floor plate, roof plate and hindbrain segments. Oncogene. 1996;13:1343-52 pubmed..The Elk-L3 gene has been localized to mouse chromosome 11 and human chromosome 17. ..
- Allen R, Bender T, Siu G. c-Myb is essential for early T cell development. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1073-8 pubmed..These data indicate that c-Myb plays an important role at multiple stages of hematopoiesis and is required at an early stage of T cell development. ..
- McCarthy M, Na E, Neyt C, Langston A, Fishell G. Calcium-dependent adhesion is necessary for the maintenance of prosomeres. Dev Biol. 2001;233:80-94 pubmed..Together our results implicate calcium-dependent adhesion molecules as key mediators of prosomeric organization but suggest that they are not sufficient to bestow regional identities. ..
- Hancock G, Tebbey P, Scheuer C, Pryharski K, Heers K, LaPierre N. Immune responses to the nonglycosylated ectodomain of respiratory syncytial virus attachment glycoprotein mediate pulmonary eosinophilia in inbred strains of mice with different MHC haplotypes. J Med Virol. 2003;70:301-8 pubmed..These data are important for design of safe and efficacious subunit and attenuated vaccines for RSV. ..
- Orlova M, Yueh A, Leung J, Goff S. Reverse transcriptase of Moloney murine leukemia virus binds to eukaryotic release factor 1 to modulate suppression of translational termination. Cell. 2003;115:319-31 pubmed..These results suggest that RT enhances suppression of termination and that the interaction of RT with eRF1 is required for an appropriate level of translational readthrough. ..
- Goodchild R, Dauer W. Mislocalization to the nuclear envelope: an effect of the dystonia-causing torsinA mutation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:847-52 pubmed..DYT1 dystonia appears to be a previously uncharacterized NE disease and the first, to our knowledge, to selectively affect CNS function...
- Morris R, Liu Y, Marles L, Yang Z, Trempus C, Li S, et al. Capturing and profiling adult hair follicle stem cells. Nat Biotechnol. 2004;22:411-7 pubmed..Ultimately, these findings provide potential targets for the treatment of hair loss and other disorders of skin and hair. ..
- Cao S, Liu J, Song L, Ma X. The protooncogene c-Maf is an essential transcription factor for IL-10 gene expression in macrophages. J Immunol. 2005;174:3484-92 pubmed..Thus, this study uncovers a novel and important function of c-Maf in macrophages and elucidates its transcriptional mechanism in the regulation of IL-10 gene expression. ..
- Liu L, Gudas L. Disruption of the lecithin:retinol acyltransferase gene makes mice more susceptible to vitamin A deficiency. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:40226-34 pubmed
- Lu Z, Jiang Y, Ballou L, Cohen I, Lin R. Galpha q inhibits cardiac L-type Ca2+ channels through phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:40347-54 pubmed..Taken together, these results strongly suggest that the inhibitory effect of Galpha q on the cardiac LTCC is mediated by inhibition of PI3K. ..
- Alexander J, Chang G, Dourmashkin J, Leibowitz S. Distinct phenotypes of obesity-prone AKR/J, DBA2J and C57BL/6J mice compared to control strains. Int J Obes (Lond). 2006;30:50-9 pubmed..They also identified a clearly different phenotype in the obesity-prone C57BL/6J strain. ..
- Nissirios N, Goldblum D, Rohrer K, Mittag T, Danias J. Noninvasive determination of intraocular pressure (IOP) in nonsedated mice of 5 different inbred strains. J Glaucoma. 2007;16:57-61 pubmed..Noninvasive IOP measurement in mice using the RT can be used to help elucidate IOP phenotype, after prior calibration of the tonometer. CCT has no effect on mouse IOP measurements using the RT. ..
- Yasunaga K, Saito S, Zhang Y, Hernandez Ono A, Ginsberg H. Effects of triacylglycerol and diacylglycerol oils on blood clearance, tissue uptake, and hepatic apolipoprotein B secretion in mice. J Lipid Res. 2007;48:1108-21 pubmed..DAG emulsions may by useful for intravenous nutrition in people with preexisting hypertriglyceridemia. ..
- Wang Y, Weiss L, Orlofsky A. Intracellular parasitism with Toxoplasma gondii stimulates mammalian-target-of-rapamycin-dependent host cell growth despite impaired signalling to S6K1 and 4E-BP1. Cell Microbiol. 2009;11:983-1000 pubmed publisher..The Toxoplasma-infected cell provides a unique example of non-canonical mTOR activation supporting growth that is independent of signalling through either S6K1 or 4E-BP1. ..
- Sequeira S, Wen H, Avivar Valderas A, Farias E, Aguirre Ghiso J. Inhibition of eIF2alpha dephosphorylation inhibits ErbB2-induced deregulation of mammary acinar morphogenesis. BMC Cell Biol. 2009;10:64 pubmed publisher..Treatments that stabilize P-eIF2alpha levels may be effective in treating ErbB2 positive cancers without severely disrupting normal tissue function and structure. ..
- Sadri N, Lu J, Badura M, Schneider R. AUF1 is involved in splenic follicular B cell maintenance. BMC Immunol. 2010;11:1 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that AUF1 is important in the maintenance of splenic FO B cells and adequate humoral immune responses. ..
- Kovalovsky D, ALONZO E, Uche O, Eidson M, Nichols K, Sant Angelo D. PLZF induces the spontaneous acquisition of memory/effector functions in T cells independently of NKT cell-related signals. J Immunol. 2010;184:6746-55 pubmed publisher..These data show that PLZF is sufficient to promote T cell effector functions and that PLZF acts independently of SAP- and Fyn-mediated signaling pathways. ..
- Radu A, Pichon C, Camparo P, Antoine M, Allory Y, Couvelard A, et al. Expression of follicle-stimulating hormone receptor in tumor blood vessels. N Engl J Med. 2010;363:1621-30 pubmed publisher..FSH receptor is selectively expressed on the surface of the blood vessels of a wide range of tumors. (Funded by INSERM.). ..
- Chalifoux J, Carter A. GABAB receptor modulation of voltage-sensitive calcium channels in spines and dendrites. J Neurosci. 2011;31:4221-32 pubmed publisher..Given the importance of VSCC-mediated Ca signals for neuronal function, our results have implications for the functional role of dendritic GABA(B)Rs in the prefrontal cortex and throughout the brain. ..
- Katz Z, Wells A, Park H, Wu B, Shenoy S, Singer R. ?-Actin mRNA compartmentalization enhances focal adhesion stability and directs cell migration. Genes Dev. 2012;26:1885-90 pubmed publisher..This will reveal the importance of localized protein translation on various cellular processes. ..
- Curran K, Seinstra B, Nikhamin Y, Yeh R, Usachenko Y, van Leeuwen D, et al. Enhancing antitumor efficacy of chimeric antigen receptor T cells through constitutive CD40L expression. Mol Ther. 2015;23:769-78 pubmed publisher..This preclinical data supports the clinical application of CAR T cells additionally modified to constitutively express CD40L with anticipated enhanced antitumor efficacy. ..
- Skamagki M, Correia C, Yeung P, Baslan T, Beck S, Zhang C, et al. ZSCAN10 expression corrects the genomic instability of iPSCs from aged donors. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:1037-1048 pubmed publisher..Correcting the genomic instability of A-iPSCs will ultimately enhance our ability to produce histocompatible functional tissues from older patients' own cells that are safe for transplantation. ..
- Demarest K, McCaughran J, Mahjubi E, Cipp L, Hitzemann R. Identification of an acute ethanol response quantitative trait locus on mouse chromosome 2. J Neurosci. 1999;19:549-61 pubmed..The 1 LOD support interval overlaps with QTLs previously identified for alcohol preference and acute ethanol withdrawal (;; ). ..
- Pedranzini L, Dechow T, Berishaj M, Comenzo R, Zhou P, Azare J, et al. Pyridone 6, a pan-Janus-activated kinase inhibitor, induces growth inhibition of multiple myeloma cells. Cancer Res. 2006;66:9714-21 pubmed..Thus, P6 is a more sensitive and specific inhibitor of JAK-STAT3 activity compared with AG490 and potently inhibited the growth of primary myeloma cells and myeloma-derived cell lines grown on BMSCs. ..
- Zhu S, Ashok M, Li J, Li W, Yang H, Wang P, et al. Spermine protects mice against lethal sepsis partly by attenuating surrogate inflammatory markers. Mol Med. 2009;15:275-82 pubmed publisher..Thus, spermine confers protection against lethal sepsis partly by attenuating sepsis- and HMGB1-induced inflammatory responses...
- Maisonpierre P, Belluscio L, Squinto S, Ip N, Furth M, Lindsay R, et al. Neurotrophin-3: a neurotrophic factor related to NGF and BDNF. Science. 1990;247:1446-51 pubmed
- Dailey L, Yuan H, Basilico C. Interaction between a novel F9-specific factor and octamer-binding proteins is required for cell-type-restricted activity of the fibroblast growth factor 4 enhancer. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:7758-69 pubmed..Thus, while FGF-4 enhancer function is octamer site dependent, its developmentally restricted activity is determined by the interaction of octamer-binding proteins with the tissue-specific factor Fx. ..
- Li N, Batzer A, Daly R, Yajnik V, Skolnik E, Chardin P, et al. Guanine-nucleotide-releasing factor hSos1 binds to Grb2 and links receptor tyrosine kinases to Ras signalling. Nature. 1993;363:85-8 pubmed..Moreover, a synthetic 10-amino-acid peptide containing the sequence PPVPPR specifically blocks the interaction. These results indicate that the Grb2/hSos1 complex couples activated EGF receptor to Ras signalling. ..
- Yan S, Chen X, Fu J, Chen M, Zhu H, Roher A, et al. RAGE and amyloid-beta peptide neurotoxicity in Alzheimer's disease. Nature. 1996;382:685-91 pubmed..Increased expressing of RAGE in Alzheimer's disease brain indicates that it is relevant to the pathogenesis of neuronal dysfunction and death. ..
- Ishiguro N, Brown G, Meruelo D. Activation transcription factor 1 involvement in the regulation of murine H-2Dd expression. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:15993-6001 pubmed..This is the first demonstration of the interaction of ATF-1 with 5'-regulatory sequences of major histocompatibility complex class I genes...
- Phelps R, Murai C, Saito S, Hatakeyama A, Andrikopoulos K, Kasturi K, et al. Effect of targeted mutation in collagen V alpha 2 gene on development of cutaneous hyperplasia in tight skin mice. Mol Med. 1998;4:356-60 pubmed..The diameter of the collagen fibrils in the skin is also comparable to that found in control mice. Thus, the phenotypic changes observed in the TSK mouse could be reversed by genetic complementation with a collagen V-defective mouse. ..
- Bibb J, Snyder G, Nishi A, Yan Z, Meijer L, Fienberg A, et al. Phosphorylation of DARPP-32 by Cdk5 modulates dopamine signalling in neurons. Nature. 1999;402:669-71 pubmed..Thus DARPP-32 is a bifunctional signal transduction molecule which, by distinct mechanisms, controls a serine/threonine kinase and a serine/threonine phosphatase. ..
- Rodriguez I, Del Punta K, Rothman A, Ishii T, Mombaerts P. Multiple new and isolated families within the mouse superfamily of V1r vomeronasal receptors. Nat Neurosci. 2002;5:134-40 pubmed..The isolated nature of these gene families probably reflects a specialization of different receptor classes in the detection of specific types of chemicals. ..
- Yan S, Wu Z, Zhang H, Furtado G, Chen X, Yan S, et al. Suppression of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis by selective blockade of encephalitogenic T-cell infiltration of the central nervous system. Nat Med. 2003;9:287-93 pubmed..These data reinforce the importance of RAGE-ligand interactions in modulating properties of CD4+ T cells that infiltrate the CNS. ..
- Dadachova E, Burns T, Bryan R, Apostolidis C, Brechbiel M, Nosanchuk J, et al. Feasibility of radioimmunotherapy of experimental pneumococcal infection. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2004;48:1624-9 pubmed..01). The treatment did not cause hematological toxicity, as demonstrated by platelet counts. This feasibility study establishes that RIT can be applied to the treatment of bacterial infections...
- Liu S, Ninan I, Antonova I, Battaglia F, Trinchese F, Narasanna A, et al. alpha-Synuclein produces a long-lasting increase in neurotransmitter release. EMBO J. 2004;23:4506-16 pubmed..Thus, alpha-synuclein is involved in synaptic plasticity by augmenting transmitter release from the presynaptic terminal. ..
- Matsumoto M, Han S, Kitamura T, Accili D. Dual role of transcription factor FoxO1 in controlling hepatic insulin sensitivity and lipid metabolism. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:2464-72 pubmed
- Zhang D, Song L, Li J, Wu K, Huang C. Coordination of JNK1 and JNK2 is critical for GADD45alpha induction and its mediated cell apoptosis in arsenite responses. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:34113-23 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that the coordination of JNK1 and JNK2 is critical for c-Jun/GADD45alpha-mediated cellular apoptosis induced by arsenite. ..
- Li X, Tan Y, Poulose S, Olanow C, Huang X, Yue Z. Leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 (LRRK2)/PARK8 possesses GTPase activity that is altered in familial Parkinson's disease R1441C/G mutants. J Neurochem. 2007;103:238-47 pubmed..The distinctive levels of kinase/GTPase activity in brain LRRK2 may help explain LRRK2-associated neuronal functions or dysfunctions in the pathogenesis of PD. ..
- Senokuchi T, Liang C, Seimon T, Han S, Matsumoto M, Banks A, et al. Forkhead transcription factors (FoxOs) promote apoptosis of insulin-resistant macrophages during cholesterol-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress. Diabetes. 2008;57:2967-76 pubmed publisher..In the complex plaque milieu, the ultimate effect is likely to be an increase in macrophage apoptosis, plaque inflammation, and destabilization. ..
- Zaghloul N, Hernandez S, Bae J, Huang J, Fisher J, Lee A, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor blockade rapidly elicits alternative proangiogenic pathways in neuroblastoma. Int J Oncol. 2009;34:401-7 pubmed
- Di L, Srivastava S, Zhdanova O, Ding Y, Li Z, Wulff H, et al. Inhibition of the K+ channel KCa3.1 ameliorates T cell-mediated colitis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:1541-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, if these preclinical studies continue to show efficacy, it may be possible to rapidly test whether KCa3.1 inhibitors are efficacious in patients with inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. ..
- Ravetch J. In vivo veritas: the surprising roles of Fc receptors in immunity. Nat Immunol. 2010;11:183-5 pubmed publisher..Jeffrey Ravetch describes how he came to identify the in vivo function of the once mysterious Fc receptors. ..
- Mallavarapu M, Finnemann S. Neural retina and MerTK-independent apical polarity of alphavbeta5 integrin receptors in the retinal pigment epithelium. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2010;664:123-31 pubmed publisher..3) alphavbeta5 could be apical due to mechanisms intrinsic to this receptor protein and specifically to its beta5 integrin subunit. ..
- Pham A, Langlois R, tenOever B. Replication in cells of hematopoietic origin is necessary for Dengue virus dissemination. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002465 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this work highlights the importance of hematopoietic cells for DENV replication and showcases an invaluable tool for the study of virus pathogenesis. ..
- Bloomekatz J, Grego Bessa J, Migeotte I, Anderson K. Pten regulates collective cell migration during specification of the anterior-posterior axis of the mouse embryo. Dev Biol. 2012;364:192-201 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that Pten has an essential and general role in the control of mammalian collective cell migration. ..
- Fidalgo M, Faiola F, Pereira C, Ding J, Saunders A, Gingold J, et al. Zfp281 mediates Nanog autorepression through recruitment of the NuRD complex and inhibits somatic cell reprogramming. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:16202-7 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a unique transcriptional regulatory mode of Nanog gene expression and shed light into the mechanistic understanding of Nanog function in pluripotency and reprogramming. ..
- Ubeda C, Bucci V, Caballero S, Djukovic A, Toussaint N, Equinda M, et al. Intestinal microbiota containing Barnesiella species cures vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium colonization. Infect Immun. 2013;81:965-73 pubmed publisher..Our studies indicate that obligate anaerobic bacteria belonging to the Barnesiella genus enable clearance of intestinal VRE colonization and may provide novel approaches to prevent the spread of highly antibiotic-resistant bacteria. ..
- Oh H, Ghosh S. NF-?B: roles and regulation in different CD4(+) T-cell subsets. Immunol Rev. 2013;252:41-51 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the role of NF-?B pathway in the development and functional divergence of the different helper T-cell subsets as well as in regulatory T cells. ..
- Ivashkiv L, Donlin L. Regulation of type I interferon responses. Nat Rev Immunol. 2014;14:36-49 pubmed publisher..These regulatory mechanisms determine the biological outcomes of type I IFN responses and whether pathogens are cleared effectively or chronic infection or autoimmune disease ensues. ..
- Goff P, Hayashi T, He W, Yao S, Cottam H, Tan G, et al. Synthetic Toll-Like Receptor 4 (TLR4) and TLR7 Ligands Work Additively via MyD88 To Induce Protective Antiviral Immunity in Mice. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..This novel adjuvant combination contributes to a more broadly protective vaccine while demonstrating an attractive safety profile. ..
- Julius D, Huang K, Livelli T, Axel R, Jessell T. The 5HT2 receptor defines a family of structurally distinct but functionally conserved serotonin receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:928-32 pubmed..However, RNA blotting shows that these two receptor subtypes are differentially expressed in the central nervous system. In this manner, structurally and functionally homologous receptor subtypes may elicit distinct physiologic actions. ..
- Huang E, Manova K, Packer A, Sanchez S, Bachvarova R, Besmer P. The murine steel panda mutation affects kit ligand expression and growth of early ovarian follicles. Dev Biol. 1993;157:100-9 pubmed..Therefore, a reduced level of KL in Slpan/Slpan ovary arrests ovarian follicle development, while a similar reduction in testes has relatively little effect on spermatogonial development. ..
- Wu C, Xu W, Kozak C, Desnick R. Mouse uroporphyrinogen decarboxylase: cDNA cloning, expression, and mapping. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:349-52 pubmed..The availability of the mouse URO-decarboxylase should facilitate studies of the structure and organization of the mouse genomic sequence and the development of a mouse model of this inherited porphyria. ..
- Lin S, Grant B, Hirsh D, Maxfield F. Rme-1 regulates the distribution and function of the endocytic recycling compartment in mammalian cells. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:567-72 pubmed..The delivery of a TGN38 chimaeric protein to the trans-Golgi network is also slowed down. The function of Rme-1 in endocytic recycling is evolutionarily conserved in metazoans as shown by the protein's properties in C. elegans. ..
- Pierce A, Hu P, Han M, Ellis N, Jasin M. Ku DNA end-binding protein modulates homologous repair of double-strand breaks in mammalian cells. Genes Dev. 2001;15:3237-42 pubmed..Neither sister-chromatid exchange nor gene-targeting frequencies show a dependence on these NHEJ proteins. A Ku-modulated two-ended versus one-ended chromosome break model is presented to explain these results. ..
- Steenbergen J, Nosanchuk J, Malliaris S, Casadevall A. Cryptococcus neoformans virulence is enhanced after growth in the genetically malleable host Dictyostelium discoideum. Infect Immun. 2003;71:4862-72 pubmed..neoformans virulence in the environment and suggest that D. discoideum promises to be an extremely useful system for studying the interaction of C. neoformans with phagocytic cells. ..
- Dhami R, Schuchman E. Mannose 6-phosphate receptor-mediated uptake is defective in acid sphingomyelinase-deficient macrophages: implications for Niemann-Pick disease enzyme replacement therapy. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:1526-32 pubmed..These findings have important implications for NPD enzyme replacement therapy, particularly in the lung. ..
- Abbadie C, Pan Y, Pasternak G. Immunohistochemical study of the expression of exon11-containing mu opioid receptor variants in mouse brain. Neuroscience. 2004;127:419-30 pubmed..These results provide new insights regarding the potential physiological significance of these exon 11-containing variants. ..
- Hidalgo A, Frenette P. Enforced fucosylation of neonatal CD34+ cells generates selectin ligands that enhance the initial interactions with microvessels but not homing to bone marrow. Blood. 2005;105:567-75 pubmed
- Harrelson Z, Kelly R, Goldin S, Gibson Brown J, Bollag R, Silver L, et al. Tbx2 is essential for patterning the atrioventricular canal and for morphogenesis of the outflow tract during heart development. Development. 2004;131:5041-52 pubmed
- Ding Y, Lin K, Logan J, Benveniste H, Carter P. Comparative evaluation of positron emission tomography radiotracers for imaging the norepinephrine transporter: (S,S) and (R,R) enantiomers of reboxetine analogs ([11C]methylreboxetine, 3-Cl-[11C]methylreboxetine and [18F]fluororeboxetine), (R)-[11C]. J Neurochem. 2005;94:337-51 pubmed..Thus, to our knowledge (S,S)-[11C]MRB remains by far the most promising NET ligand for PET studies...
- Breda L, Gardenghi S, Guy E, Rachmilewitz E, Weizer Stern O, Adamsky K, et al. Exploring the role of hepcidin, an antimicrobial and iron regulatory peptide, in increased iron absorption in beta-thalassemia. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005;1054:417-22 pubmed..The aim of this study is to investigate Hamp in the mouse model of beta-thalassemia and to address the potential gene transfer of Hamp to prevent abnormal iron absorption. ..
- Singh A, Wirtz M, Parker N, Hogan M, Strahler J, Michailidis G, et al. Leptin-mediated changes in hepatic mitochondrial metabolism, structure, and protein levels. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:13100-5 pubmed publisher..These data help clarify the role of the liver in leptin-mediated weight loss and define the mechanisms by which leptin alters hepatic metabolism and corrects steatosis. ..
- Hill J, Anderson K, Mastracci T, Kaestner K, Sussel L. Novel computational analysis of protein binding array data identifies direct targets of Nkx2.2 in the pancreas. BMC Bioinformatics. 2011;12:62 pubmed publisher..PBM-mapping is an accurate method for predicting Nkx2.2 binding sites and may be widely applicable for the creation of genome-wide maps of transcription factor binding sites. ..
- Chin K, Kang G, Qu J, Gardner L, Coetzee W, Zito E, et al. The sarcoplasmic reticulum luminal thiol oxidase ERO1 regulates cardiomyocyte excitation-coupled calcium release and response to hemodynamic load. FASEB J. 2011;25:2583-91 pubmed publisher..0.23 Â± 0.03 in the wild type (n=18); P â‰¤ 0.01]. These findings establish a role for ERO1 in calcium homeostasis and suggest that modifying the lumenal redox environment may affect the progression of heart failure. ..
- Bradbury M, Stump D, Guarnieri F, Berk P. Molecular modeling and functional confirmation of a predicted fatty acid binding site of mitochondrial aspartate aminotransferase. J Mol Biol. 2011;412:412-22 pubmed publisher..Specific residues are essential for normal fatty acid binding, without which fatty acid uptake is compromised. These results confirm the function of this protein as a fatty acid binding protein. ..
- Ord R, Rodriguez M, Yamasaki T, Takeo S, Tsuboi T, Lobo C. Targeting sialic acid dependent and independent pathways of invasion in Plasmodium falciparum. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30251 pubmed publisher..Results obtained show promise for the potential use of such hybrid vaccines to induce antibodies that can block multiple parasite ligand-red cell receptor interactions and thus inhibit parasite invasion...
- Dincheva I, Glatt C, Lee F. Impact of the BDNF Val66Met polymorphism on cognition: implications for behavioral genetics. Neuroscientist. 2012;18:439-51 pubmed..In this review, the authors discuss the impact of the BDNF SNP on learning and memory while providing arguments for the relevance of a vertically integrated approach to studying human genetic variants. ..
- Kumar R, Dimenna L, Schrode N, Liu T, Franck P, Muñoz Descalzo S, et al. AID stabilizes stem-cell phenotype by removing epigenetic memory of pluripotency genes. Nature. 2013;500:89-92 pubmed publisher..AID regulates this late step, removing epigenetic memory to stabilize the pluripotent state. ..