Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in New Jersey, United States
Locale: New Jersey, United States
Publications114 found, 100 shown here
- Liang Y, Osborne M, Monia B, Bhanot S, Gaarde W, Reed C, et al. Reduction in glucagon receptor expression by an antisense oligonucleotide ameliorates diabetic syndrome in db/db mice. Diabetes. 2004;53:410-7 pubmed..However, alpha-cell glucagon levels were increased significantly. Our studies support the concept that antagonism of glucagon receptors could be an effective approach for controlling blood glucose in diabetes. ..
- Vacher J, Camper S, Krumlauf R, Compton R, Tilghman S. raf regulates the postnatal repression of the mouse alpha-fetoprotein gene at the posttranscriptional level. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:856-64 pubmed..Thus, the postnatal repression of the AFP gene is mediated by both transcriptional and posttranscriptional mechanisms. ..
- Himmelbauer H, Silver L. High-resolution comparative mapping of mouse chromosome 17. Genomics. 1993;17:110-20 pubmed..We present the localization of four new DNA markers and determined map positions for 10 other loci, which previously had been assigned to intervals of the t complex only through the study of partial t haplotype chromosomes. ..
- Dewis M, Phan T, Ren Z, Meng X, Cui M, Mummalaneni S, et al. N-geranyl cyclopropyl-carboximide modulates salty and umami taste in humans and animal models. J Neurophysiol. 2013;109:1078-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, depending upon its concentration, NGCC modulates salt taste by interacting with the putative TRPV1t-dependent salt taste receptor and umami taste by interacting with a Ca(2+)-dependent transduction pathway. ..
- Devesly P, Cade C, Polokoff M, Botelho L. Evidence of glycosylated sites on the endothelin-1 receptor in Swiss 3T3 cells. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 1991;17 Suppl 7:S134-6 pubmed..These results suggest that the ET-1 receptor on 3T3 cells is a glycoprotein that contains one or more N-acetylglucosamine residues at or near the ligand binding site...
- Dunning B, Ahren B. Tissue-specific reduction of galanin content in the pancreas in alloxan diabetes in the mouse. Acta Physiol Scand. 1993;149:215-9 pubmed..The data support a role for galanin as a pancreatic sympathetic neurotransmitter which may participate in the metabolic alterations seen in alloxan diabetes in mice. ..
- Peichel C, Prabhakaran B, Vogt T. The mouse Ulnaless mutation deregulates posterior HoxD gene expression and alters appendicular patterning. Development. 1997;124:3481-92 pubmed..We propose that the Ulnaless mutation alters a cis-acting element that regulates HoxD expression specifically in the appendicular axes of the embryo. ..
- LaMontagne K, Littlewood Evans A, Schnell C, O Reilly T, Wyder L, Sanchez T, et al. Antagonism of sphingosine-1-phosphate receptors by FTY720 inhibits angiogenesis and tumor vascularization. Cancer Res. 2006;66:221-31 pubmed..These data show that functional antagonism of vascular S1P receptors by FTY720 potently inhibits angiogenesis; therefore, this may provide a novel therapeutic approach for pathologic conditions with dysregulated angiogenesis. ..
- Prendergast G, Diamond L, Dahl D, Cole M. The c-myc-regulated gene mrl encodes plasminogen activator inhibitor 1. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:1265-9 pubmed..We discuss possible roles for PAI-1 in normal and neoplastic cell growth control. ..
- Tomlinson L, Ramaiah L, Tripathi N, Barlow V, Vitsky A, Poitout Belissent F, et al. STP Best Practices for Evaluating Clinical Pathology in Pharmaceutical Recovery Studies. Toxicol Pathol. 2016;44:163-72 pubmed publisher..Evaluation of the recovery of clinical pathology data for vaccine development is required and, for efficacy markers, is recommended if it furthers pharmacologic understanding. ..
- Levine A, Perry M, Chang A, Silver A, Dittmer D, Wu M, et al. The 1993 Walter Hubert Lecture: the role of the p53 tumour-suppressor gene in tumorigenesis. Br J Cancer. 1994;69:409-16 pubmed
- Edvardson S, Kose S, Jalas C, Fattal Valevski A, Watanabe A, Ogawa Y, et al. Leukoencephalopathy and early death associated with an Ashkenazi-Jewish founder mutation in the Hikeshi gene. J Med Genet. 2016;53:132-7 pubmed publisher..Alternatively, nuclear HSP70 might play an active role in stressed cells protection. ..
- Fish S, Zenowich E, Fleming M, Manser T. Molecular analysis of original antigenic sin. I. Clonal selection, somatic mutation, and isotype switching during a memory B cell response. J Exp Med. 1989;170:1191-209 pubmed
- Leighton P, Ingram R, Eggenschwiler J, Efstratiadis A, Tilghman S. Disruption of imprinting caused by deletion of the H19 gene region in mice. Nature. 1995;375:34-9 pubmed..The somatic overgrowth of heterozygotes for the maternal deletion is attributed to a gain of function of insulin-like growth factor 2, rather than a loss of function of H19. ..
- Traianedes K, Russell J, Edwards J, Stubbs H, Shanahan I, Knaack D. Donor age and gender effects on osteoinductivity of demineralized bone matrix. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2004;70:21-9 pubmed..The results confirm that properly processed demineralized bone from donors through at least 85 years of age is a viable grafting material. ..
- Song F, Lu S, Gunnet J, Xu J, Wines P, Proost J, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of 3-aryl-3-(4-phenoxy)-propionic acid as a novel series of G protein-coupled receptor 40 agonists. J Med Chem. 2007;50:2807-17 pubmed..Compound 22 exhibited good pharmacokinetic profile in rat and may serve as a good candidate for in vivo study and may help to determine if GPR40 agonists would be beneficial in the treatment of type II diabetes. ..
- Zhang J, Heimbach T, Scheer N, Barve A, Li W, Lin W, et al. Clinical Exposure Boost Predictions by Integrating Cytochrome P450 3A4-Humanized Mouse Studies With PBPK Modeling. J Pharm Sci. 2016;105:1398-404 pubmed publisher..The combined use of the in vivo boost study in CYP3A4-humanized mouse model mice along with PBPK modeling accurately predicted the clinical outcome and identified a significant NVS123 exposure boost (?42-fold increase) with ritonavir. ..
- Bartolomei M, Zemel S, Tilghman S. Parental imprinting of the mouse H19 gene. Nature. 1991;351:153-5 pubmed..This assay will be of general use in assaying allele-specific gene expression. ..
- Sherley J. Guanine nucleotide biosynthesis is regulated by the cellular p53 concentration. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:24815-28 pubmed..Moreover, observations of the growth behavior of p53-inducible cells suggest that by regulating the production of GTP, p53 can control cellular quiescence. ..
- Levine A. The p53 tumor suppressor gene and gene product. Princess Takamatsu Symp. 1989;20:221-30 pubmed
- Hofmann T, Cole M. The TAL1/Scl basic helix-loop-helix protein blocks myogenic differentiation and E-box dependent transactivation. Oncogene. 1996;13:617-24 pubmed..Since E2A-related genes are involved in lymphocyte differentiation, the dominant inhibition of E2A-related proteins may be the primary mechanism by which the TAL1 oncogene promotes leukemia. ..
- Mapelli C, Natarajan S, Meyer J, Bastos M, Bernatowicz M, Lee V, et al. Eleven amino acid glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists with antidiabetic activity. J Med Chem. 2009;52:7788-99 pubmed publisher..The described 11-mer GLP-1 receptor agonists represent a new tool in further understanding GLP-1 receptor pharmacology that may lead to novel antidiabetic agents. ..
- Liu G, Tarbet B, Song L, Reiserova L, Weaver B, Chen Y, et al. Immunogenicity and efficacy of flagellin-fused vaccine candidates targeting 2009 pandemic H1N1 influenza in mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20928 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results demonstrate that all three vaccine candidates are highly immunogenic and efficacious in mice, and that the STF2R3.2xHA1 format is the most effective candidate vaccine format. ..
- West N, Hegazy A, Owens B, Bullers S, Linggi B, Buonocore S, et al. Oncostatin M drives intestinal inflammation and predicts response to tumor necrosis factor-neutralizing therapy in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Nat Med. 2017;23:579-589 pubmed publisher..OSM is thus a potential biomarker and therapeutic target for IBD, and has particular relevance for anti-TNF-resistant patients. ..
- Olson D, Marechal V, Momand J, Chen J, Romocki C, Levine A. Identification and characterization of multiple mdm-2 proteins and mdm-2-p53 protein complexes. Oncogene. 1993;8:2353-60 pubmed..In resting cells stimulated with serum p90 levels and p90/p53 complex levels increased in the late G1 phase of the cell cycle. The p90 mdm-2 protein could regulate p53 activity in the late G1 phase of the cell cycle. ..
- Lin R, Connolly P, Huang S, Wetter S, Lu Y, Murray W, et al. 1-Acyl-1H-[1,2,4]triazole-3,5-diamine analogues as novel and potent anticancer cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors: synthesis and evaluation of biological activities. J Med Chem. 2005;48:4208-11 pubmed..Representative compound 3b demonstrated in vivo efficacy in a human melanoma A375 xenograft model in nude mice. ..
- McBride W, D Souza C, Sharkey R, Karacay H, Rossi E, Chang C, et al. Improved 18F labeling of peptides with a fluoride-aluminum-chelate complex. Bioconjug Chem. 2010;21:1331-40 pubmed publisher..The IMP467 peptide could be labeled up to 115 GBq/micromol (3100 Ci/mmol), with a total reaction and purification time of 30 min without chromatographic purification...
- Pilder S, Decker C, Islam S, Buck C, Cebra Thomas J, Silver L. Concerted evolution of the mouse Tcp-10 gene family: implications for the functional basis of t haplotype transmission ratio distortion. Genomics. 1992;12:35-41 pubmed..The data are consistent with the hypothesis that the effector of mutant Tcr activity is a second, alternatively spliced product that is expressed in a haploid- and allele-specific manner. ..
- Mackarehtschian K, Hardin J, Moore K, Boast S, Goff S, Lemischka I. Targeted disruption of the flk2/flt3 gene leads to deficiencies in primitive hematopoietic progenitors. Immunity. 1995;3:147-61 pubmed..Taken together, the data suggest that flk2 plays a role both in multipotent stem cells and in lymphoid differentiation. ..
- Middleton S, Johnson D, Jin R, McMahon F, Collins A, Tullai J, et al. Identification of a critical ligand binding determinant of the human erythropoietin receptor. Evidence for common ligand binding motifs in the cytokine receptor family. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:14045-54 pubmed
- Luczak J, Redick S, Schwarzbauer J. A single cysteine, Cys-64, is essential for assembly of tenascin-C hexabrachions. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:2073-7 pubmed..However, when all six cysteines were mutated, monomers were the major extracellular form. Together, these results show that trimers are an intermediate of tenascin-C assembly and that Cys-64 is essential for formation of hexabrachions. ..
- Brunkow M, Tilghman S. Ectopic expression of the H19 gene in mice causes prenatal lethality. Genes Dev. 1991;5:1092-101 pubmed..The lethal effects are manifested late in gestation, between day 14 and birth. ..
- Agulnik S, Bollag R, Silver L. Conservation of the T-box gene family from Mus musculus to Caenorhabditis elegans. Genomics. 1995;25:214-9 pubmed..The accumulated data demonstrate the ancient nature of the T-box gene family and suggest the existence of at least three separate T-box-containing genes in a common early metazoan ancestor to nematodes and vertebrates. ..
- Dodgson S, Shank R, Maryanoff B. Topiramate as an inhibitor of carbonic anhydrase isoenzymes. Epilepsia. 2000;41 Suppl 1:S35-9 pubmed..These results indicate that TPM is more potent as an inhibitor of CA II and CA IV than of CA I, CA III, and CA VI. In all three species, AZM was usually 10 to 100 times more potent than TPM as an inhibitor of CA isozymes. ..
- Bai N, He K, Roller M, Zheng B, Chen X, Shao Z, et al. Active compounds from Lagerstroemia speciosa, insulin-like glucose uptake-stimulatory/inhibitory and adipocyte differentiation-inhibitory activities in 3T3-L1 cells. J Agric Food Chem. 2008;56:11668-74 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, ellagic acid derivatives (10-13) showed an inhibitory effect on glucose transport assay. This study is the first to report an inhibitory effect for methyl ellagic acid derivatives...
- Manser T. Evolution of antibody structure during the immune response. The differentiative potential of a single B lymphocyte. J Exp Med. 1989;170:1211-30 pubmed
- Burris T, Pelton P, Zhou L, Osborne M, Cryan E, Demarest K. A novel method for analysis of nuclear receptor function at natural promoters: peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonist actions on aP2 gene expression detected using branched DNA messenger RNA quantitation. Mol Endocrinol. 1999;13:410-7 pubmed
- Cole S, Mao M, Johnston S, Vogt T. Identification, expression analysis, and mapping of B3galt6, a putative galactosyl transferase gene with similarity to Drosophila brainiac. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:177-9 pubmed
- Benjamin E, Khanna R, Schilling A, Flanagan J, Pellegrino L, Brignol N, et al. Co-administration with the pharmacological chaperone AT1001 increases recombinant human ?-galactosidase A tissue uptake and improves substrate reduction in Fabry mice. Mol Ther. 2012;20:717-26 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data highlight the potentially beneficial effects of AT1001 on rh?-Gal A, thus warranting clinical investigation. ..
- Khanna R, Flanagan J, Feng J, Soska R, Frascella M, Pellegrino L, et al. The pharmacological chaperone AT2220 increases recombinant human acid ?-glucosidase uptake and glycogen reduction in a mouse model of Pompe disease. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40776 pubmed publisher..As such, a Phase 2 clinical study has been initiated to investigate the effects of co-administered AT2220 on rhGAA in Pompe patients. ..
- Chang C, Wang Y, Li R, Rossi D, Liu D, Rossi E, et al. Combination Therapy with Bispecific Antibodies and PD-1 Blockade Enhances the Antitumor Potency of T Cells. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5384-5394 pubmed publisher..They also support the use of 3D spheroids as a predictive alternative to in vivo models for evaluating T-cell functions. Cancer Res; 77(19); 5384-94. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Phillips R, Moran E, Dodd D, Fowler E, Kary C, O Donoghue J. A 14-week vapor inhalation toxicity study of methyl isobutyl ketone. Fundam Appl Toxicol. 1987;9:380-8 pubmed..In conclusion, other than the male rat kidney effect, exposure of male and female rats and mice to MIBK at levels up to 1000 ppm for 14 weeks was without significant toxicological effect. ..
- Wu L, Bayle J, Elenbaas B, Pavletich N, Levine A. Alternatively spliced forms in the carboxy-terminal domain of the p53 protein regulate its ability to promote annealing of complementary single strands of nucleic acids. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:497-504 pubmed..These results suggest that this splice alternative can regulate a p53-mediated reaction that may be related to the functions of this protein. ..
- Chen C, Nagy Z, Prak E, Weigert M. Immunoglobulin heavy chain gene replacement: a mechanism of receptor editing. Immunity. 1995;3:747-55 pubmed..The sd-tg model thus provides direct evidence for secondary rearrangement at VH-D-JH. This process may play a role in tolerance by editing autoreactive receptors and may also serve to diversify the VH repertoire. ..
- Guan X, Arhin G, Leung J, Tilghman S. Linkage between vitamin D-binding protein and alpha-fetoprotein in the mouse. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:103-6 pubmed
- Johnston S, Rauskolb C, Wilson R, Prabhakaran B, Irvine K, Vogt T. A family of mammalian Fringe genes implicated in boundary determination and the Notch pathway. Development. 1997;124:2245-54 pubmed..When misexpressed in the developing Drosophila wing imaginal disc the mouse Fringe genes exhibit conserved and differential effects on boundary determination. ..
- Muniz L, Yehia G, Memin E, Ratnakar P, Molina C. Transcriptional regulation of cyclin D2 by the PKA pathway and inducible cAMP early repressor in granulosa cells. Biol Reprod. 2006;75:279-88 pubmed..Finally, our data suggest that ICER involvement in the regulation of granulosa cell proliferation as overexpression of ICER results in the inhibition of PRKACA-induced DNA synthesis. ..
- Vitale L, Blanset D, Lowy I, O Neill T, Goldstein J, Little S, et al. Prophylaxis and therapy of inhalational anthrax by a novel monoclonal antibody to protective antigen that mimics vaccine-induced immunity. Infect Immun. 2006;74:5840-7 pubmed
- Sharkey R, Govindan S, Cardillo T, Goldenberg D. Epratuzumab-SN-38: a new antibody-drug conjugate for the therapy of hematologic malignancies. Mol Cancer Ther. 2012;11:224-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, Emab-SN-38 is active in lymphoma and leukemia at doses well below toxic levels and therefore represents a new promising agent with therapeutic potential alone or combined with anti-CD20 antibody therapy. ..
- Leighton P, Saam J, Ingram R, Stewart C, Tilghman S. An enhancer deletion affects both H19 and Igf2 expression. Genes Dev. 1995;9:2079-89 pubmed..A modest decline in Ins-2 RNA was observed in the yolk sac. In contrast Mash-2, which is expressed in spongiotrophoblast cells of the placenta, was unaffected by the enhancer deletion. ..
- Prak E, Weigert M. Light chain replacement: a new model for antibody gene rearrangement. J Exp Med. 1995;182:541-8 pubmed..We attribute the latter to editing of autoantibodies and to corrections of dysfunctional receptors. ..
- Brown W, Taylor G. The 5'-sequence of the murine Hox-b3 (Hox-2.7) gene and its intron contain multiple transcription-regulatory elements. Int J Biochem. 1994;26:1403-9 pubmed..The sequences we have identified may be responsible for the observed pattern of expression of the gene. This sequence and the clones from which it is derived will enable a molecular dissection of the P1 promoter region. ..
- O Brien T, Metallinos D, Chen H, Shin M, Tilghman S. Complementation mapping of skeletal and central nervous system abnormalities in mice of the piebald deletion complex. Genetics. 1996;143:447-61 pubmed..Complementation analysis of the s15DttMb and s36Pub phenotypes, using two additional deletions, localized the gene(s) associated with each phenotype to a defined chromosomal region. ..
- Vasicek T, Zeng L, Guan X, Zhang T, Costantini F, Tilghman S. Two dominant mutations in the mouse fused gene are the result of transposon insertions. Genetics. 1997;147:777-86 pubmed..In both mutants the dominant kink-tailed phenotype is likely to result from the synthesis of similar amino-terminal fragments of Axin protein that would contain the RGS domain, but lack the dishevelled domain. ..
- Sheppard R, Samant S, Rosenberg M, Silver L, Cole M. Transgenic N-myc mouse model for indolent B cell lymphoma: tumor characterization and analysis of genetic alterations in spontaneous and retrovirally accelerated tumors. Oncogene. 1998;17:2073-85 pubmed
- Petrenko O, Beavis A, Klaine M, Kittappa R, Godin I, Lemischka I. The molecular characterization of the fetal stem cell marker AA4. Immunity. 1999;10:691-700 pubmed..Our observations suggest that AA4 plays a role in cell-cell interactions during hematopoietic and vascular development. ..
- Stenn K, Paus R. Controls of hair follicle cycling. Physiol Rev. 2001;81:449-494 pubmed..For the immediate future, our challenge is to define the molecular basis for hair follicle growth control, to regenerate a mature hair follicle in vitro from defined populations, and to offer real solutions to our patients' problems...
- Zheng Y, Prouty S, Harmon A, Sundberg J, Stenn K, Parimoo S. Scd3--a novel gene of the stearoyl-CoA desaturase family with restricted expression in skin. Genomics. 2001;71:182-91 pubmed..Scd3 expression changes during the mouse hair cycle but not as dramatically as Scd1. The tissue-specific and sex-dependent expression of Scd3 suggests the presence of gene- and hormonal-specific control mechanisms...
- Vaquero A, Scher M, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Serrano L, Reinberg D. SIRT1 regulates the histone methyl-transferase SUV39H1 during heterochromatin formation. Nature. 2007;450:440-4 pubmed..These findings demonstrate a functional link between the heterochromatin-related histone methyltransferase SUV39H1 and the histone deacetylase SIRT1. ..
- Hsu C, Hariharan N, Alcendor R, Oka S, Sadoshima J. Nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase regulates cell survival through autophagy in cardiomyocytes. Autophagy. 2009;5:1229-31 pubmed..Here we discuss the role of Nampt in regulating autophagy and potential mechanisms by which NAD(+) regulates autophagy in the heart. ..
- Nekrasova T, Minden A. PAK4 is required for regulation of the cell-cycle regulatory protein p21, and for control of cell-cycle progression. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:1795-806 pubmed publisher..We propose that the transient increase in PAK4 levels at early G1 reduces p21 levels, thereby abrogating the activity of CDK4/CDK6 kinases, and allowing cells to proceed with the cell cycle in a precisely coordinated way. ..
- Pilder S, Hammer M, Silver L. A novel mouse chromosome 17 hybrid sterility locus: implications for the origin of t haplotypes. Genetics. 1991;129:237-46 pubmed..domesticus background, and (2) t haplotypes would be transmitted at a ratio closer to Mendelian within the M. spretus background.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Peichel C, Scherer S, Tsui L, Beier D, Vogt T. Mapping the midkine family of developmentally regulated signaling molecules. Mamm Genome. 1993;4:632-8 pubmed..Comparative mapping of human MDK and HBNF employing species-specific polymerase chain reaction (PCR) primers and human monochromosomal somatic cell hybrids assigns MDK to human Chr 11 and HBNF to human Chr 7q32-qter. ..
- Peichel C, Abbott C, Vogt T. Genetic and physical mapping of the mouse Ulnaless locus. Genetics. 1996;144:1757-67 pubmed..Therefore, the region that must contain the Ulnaless locus has been defined and cloned, which will be invaluable for the identification of the molecular nature of the Ulnaless mutation. ..
- Tang Y, Shimizu E, Dube G, Rampon C, Kerchner G, Zhuo M, et al. Genetic enhancement of learning and memory in mice. Nature. 1999;401:63-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that genetic enhancement of mental and cognitive attributes such as intelligence and memory in mammals is feasible. ..
- Sur R, Babad J, Garay M, Liebel F, Southall M. Anti-inflammatory activity of sertaconazole nitrate is mediated via activation of a p38-COX-2-PGE2 pathway. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:336-44 pubmed..Biochemical analysis of tissue biopsies revealed increase in PGE2 levels in sertaconazole-treated mice. Thus, activation of the p38-COX-2-PGE2 pathway by agents such as sertaconazole provides anti-inflammatory therapeutic benefits. ..
- Gordon J, Wolanin P, Gonzalez A, Fela D, Sarngadharan G, Rouzard K, et al. Topical N-acetyl-S-farnesyl-L-cysteine inhibits mouse skin inflammation, and unlike dexamethasone, its effects are restricted to the application site. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:643-54 pubmed..This was much less than the 90% inhibition of neutrophil infiltration, suggesting that AFC does not act by directly inhibiting protein kinase C...
- Bird J, Smith P, Wang X, Schumacher W, Barbera F, Revelli J, et al. Effects of plasma kallikrein deficiency on haemostasis and thrombosis in mice: murine ortholog of the Fletcher trait. Thromb Haemost. 2012;107:1141-50 pubmed publisher..Additional support for the significance of the intrinsic pathway in the coagulation cascade is provided, as well as for a potential new anti-thrombotic approach. ..
- Mancoll R, Snyder L, Silver L. Delineation of the t complex on mouse chromosome 17 by in situ hybridization. Mamm Genome. 1992;2:201-5 pubmed
- Prendergast G, Cole M. Posttranscriptional regulation of cellular gene expression by the c-myc oncogene. Mol Cell Biol. 1989;9:124-34 pubmed..These results provide evidence that c-myc can rapidly modulate cellular gene expression and suggest that c-myc may function in gene regulation at the level of RNA export, splicing, or nuclear RNA turnover. ..
- Rossi J, Chen H, Tilghman S. Genetic map of the fused locus on mouse chromosome 17. Genomics. 1994;23:178-84 pubmed..Recombination breakpoints generated through the interspecies backcross were mapped onto the contig and demonstrate that recombination in this region is not random. ..
- Vogt T, Leder P. Polydactyly in the Strong's luxoid mouse is suppressed by limb deformity alleles. Dev Genet. 1996;19:33-42 pubmed..Instead, lst and ld may be operating either in a linear or in a parallel (bypass) genetic pathway to affect the limb signaling centers. ..
- Agulnik S, Garvey N, Hancock S, Ruvinsky I, Chapman D, Agulnik I, et al. Evolution of mouse T-box genes by tandem duplication and cluster dispersion. Genetics. 1996;144:249-54 pubmed..This analysis suggests that Tbx4 and Tbx5 are cognate genes that diverged apart from a common ancestral gene during early vertebrate evolution. ..
- Ruvinsky I, Silver L. Newly identified paralogous groups on mouse chromosomes 5 and 11 reveal the age of a T-box cluster duplication. Genomics. 1997;40:262-6 pubmed..This work facilitates our understanding of the status of the T-box gene family in different vertebrate lineages and also defines a novel paralogy group within the mouse genome. ..
- Parimoo S, Zheng Y, Eilertsen K, Ge L, Prouty S, Sundberg J, et al. Identification of a novel SCD gene and expression of the SCD gene family in mouse skin. J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc. 1999;4:320-2 pubmed..Moreover, we have identified a third species of SCD in the mouse skin. The most prominent SCD species is SCD1 in the mouse skin. The implications of this gene family to skin are discussed. ..
- Peter N, Shah R, Chen J, Irintchev A, Schachner M. Adhesion molecules close homolog of L1 and tenascin-C affect blood-spinal cord barrier repair. Neuroreport. 2012;23:479-82 pubmed publisher..Results show that CHL1 reduces and tenascin-C enhances BSCB permeability, suggesting a correlation between functional outcome and BSCB repair. ..
- Emerson J, Vacher J, Cirillo L, Tilghman S, Tyner A. The zonal expression of alpha-fetoprotein transgenes in the livers of adult mice. Dev Dyn. 1992;195:55-66 pubmed..In contrast, this domain is not essential for complete repression of AFP transgenes in the intermediate zone and periportal hepatocytes. ..
- Zemel S, Bartolomei M, Tilghman S. Physical linkage of two mammalian imprinted genes, H19 and insulin-like growth factor 2. Nat Genet. 1992;2:61-5 pubmed..This physical proximity is conserved in humans, based on pulsed-field gel analysis. We conclude that H19 and Igf-2 constitute an imprinted domain. ..
- Matthews W, Jordan C, Wiegand G, Pardoll D, Lemischka I. A receptor tyrosine kinase specific to hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell-enriched populations. Cell. 1991;65:1143-52 pubmed..Therefore, this receptor may be a key signal transducing component in the totipotent hematopoietic stem cell and its immediate self-renewing progeny. ..
- Yoo Warren H, Pachnis V, Ingram R, Tilghman S. Two regulatory domains flank the mouse H19 gene. Mol Cell Biol. 1988;8:4707-15 pubmed..Sequences which lie 3' of the gene are also required for the expression of the H19 gene following differentiation of teratocarcinoma cells into visceral endoderm. ..
- Bibbins K, Tsai J, Schimenti J, Sarvetnick N, Zoghbi H, Goodfellow P, et al. Human homologs of two testes-expressed loci on mouse chromosome 17 map to opposite arms of chromosome 6. Genomics. 1989;5:139-43 pubmed..The mapping of large portions of the mouse t haplotype to unlinked regions on human chromosome 6 rules out the possibility that a t-haplotype-like chromosome could exist in humans. ..
- Himmelbauer H, Artzt K, Barlow D, Fischer Lindahl K, Lyon M, Klein J, et al. Encyclopedia of the mouse genome III. October 1993. Mouse chromosome 17. Mamm Genome. 1993;4 Spec No:S230-52 pubmed
- Murphy M, Hinman A, Levine A. Wild-type p53 negatively regulates the expression of a microtubule-associated protein. Genes Dev. 1996;10:2971-80 pubmed
- Juneja R, Agulnik S, Silver L. Sequence divergence within the sperm-specific polypeptide TCTE1 is correlated with species-specific differences in sperm binding to zona-intact eggs. J Androl. 1998;19:183-8 pubmed..The results obtained support the hypothesis that the sperm-specific polypeptide TCTE1 may facilitate species-specific divergence of sperm function. ..
- Lutzker S, Mathew R, Taller D. A p53 dose-response relationship for sensitivity to DNA damage in isogenic teratocarcinoma cells. Oncogene. 2001;20:2982-6 pubmed..These results suggest that strategies to increase basal wild-type p53 protein expression prior to treatment with DNA-damaging drugs may improve curability in other tumor types...
- Liu F, Day M, Muniz L, Bitran D, Arias R, Revilla Sanchez R, et al. Activation of estrogen receptor-beta regulates hippocampal synaptic plasticity and improves memory. Nat Neurosci. 2008;11:334-43 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that activation of ERbeta can regulate hippocampal synaptic plasticity and improve hippocampus-dependent cognition. ..
- Hariharan N, Zhai P, Sadoshima J. Oxidative stress stimulates autophagic flux during ischemia/reperfusion. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2011;14:2179-90 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that oxidative stress plays an important role in mediating autophagy during I/R, and that activation of autophagy through oxidative stress mediates myocardial injury in response to I/R in the mouse heart. ..
- Pinto V, Minakhina S, Qiu S, Sidhaye A, Brotherton M, Suhotliv A, et al. Naturally Occurring Amino Acids in Helix 10 of the Thyroid Hormone Receptor Mediate Isoform-Specific TH Gene Regulation. Endocrinology. 2017;158:3067-3078 pubmed publisher..Using domain exchanges and individual amino acid switches between THRA1 and THRB2, we identified three amino acids in helix 10 of the THRB2 ligand-binding domain that are required for negative regulation and are absent in THRA1. ..