Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on membrane proteins in California, United States
Locale: California, United States
Topic: membrane proteins
Publications220 found, 100 shown here
- Parrish W, Stefan C, Emr S. Essential role for the myotubularin-related phosphatase Ymr1p and the synaptojanin-like phosphatases Sjl2p and Sjl3p in regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:3567-79 pubmed..In addition, this work defined an essential overlapping role for lipid phosphatases in the regulation of 3' phosphoinositides in yeast. ..
- Kao M, Di Bernardo S, Nakamaru Ogiso E, Miyoshi H, Matsuno Yagi A, Yagi T. Characterization of the membrane domain subunit NuoJ (ND6) of the NADH-quinone oxidoreductase from Escherichia coli by chromosomal DNA manipulation. Biochemistry. 2005;44:3562-71 pubmed..Together with the results on mutations related to human diseases, possible functional roles of the NuoJ subunit have been discussed. ..
- Fitzpatrick P, Shattil S, Ablooglu A. C-terminal COOH of integrin ?1 is necessary for ?1 association with the kindlin-2 adapter protein. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:11183-93 pubmed publisher..Thus, by employing zebrafish as an in situ physiological tool to correlate protein structure and function, we have discovered an unexpected association chemistry between an integrin and a key adapter involved in integrin signaling. ..
- Li L, Yin Q, Kuss P, Maliga Z, MillÃ¡n J, Wu H, et al. Hydrolysis of 2'3'-cGAMP by ENPP1 and design of nonhydrolyzable analogs. Nat Chem Biol. 2014;10:1043-8 pubmed publisher..2'3'-cG(s)A(s)MP is therefore improved over natural 2'3'-cGAMP as a model agonist and has potential as a vaccine adjuvant and cancer therapeutic. ..
- Hsu S, Kudo M, Chen T, Nakabayashi K, Bhalla A, van der Spek P, et al. The three subfamilies of leucine-rich repeat-containing G protein-coupled receptors (LGR): identification of LGR6 and LGR7 and the signaling mechanism for LGR7. Mol Endocrinol. 2000;14:1257-71 pubmed
- Clark R, Marker P, Roessler E, Dutra A, Schimenti J, Muenke M, et al. Reciprocal mouse and human limb phenotypes caused by gain- and loss-of-function mutations affecting Lmbr1. Genetics. 2001;159:715-26 pubmed..Our results suggest that the Lmbr1 gene is required for limb formation and that reciprocal changes in levels of Lmbr1 activity can lead to either increases or decreases in the number of digits in the vertebrate limb. ..
- Zambon A, Wilderman A, Ho A, Insel P. Increased expression of the pro-apoptotic protein BIM, a mechanism for cAMP/protein kinase A (PKA)-induced apoptosis of immature T cells. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:33260-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, up-regulation of Bim appears to be an important determinant of cAMP/PKA-mediated apoptosis in immature T cells and may be a mechanism for such apoptosis in other cell types as well. ..
- Fruh K, Yang Y, Arnold D, Chambers J, Wu L, Waters J, et al. Alternative exon usage and processing of the major histocompatibility complex-encoded proteasome subunits. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:22131-40 pubmed..Furthermore, our data suggest that LMP7 and LMP2 are mutually dependent for their incorporation into the proteasomal complex. ..
- Engvall E, Earwicker D, Haaparanta T, Ruoslahti E, Sanes J. Distribution and isolation of four laminin variants; tissue restricted distribution of heterotrimers assembled from five different subunits. Cell Regul. 1990;1:731-40 pubmed
- Zhuang W, Shapiro L. Caulobacter FliQ and FliR membrane proteins, required for flagellar biogenesis and cell division, belong to a family of virulence factor export proteins. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:343-56 pubmed..Transcription of the fliQR operon is initiated at a specific time in the cell cycle, and deletion analysis revealed that the minimal sequence required for transcriptional activation resides within 59 bp of the start site...
- Kwon O, Nelson W, Sibley R, Huie P, Scandling J, Dafoe D, et al. Backleak, tight junctions, and cell- cell adhesion in postischemic injury to the renal allograft. J Clin Invest. 1998;101:2054-64 pubmed..We conclude that impaired integrity of tight junctions and cell-cell adhesion in the proximal tubule provides a paracellular pathway through which filtrate leaks back in sustained allograft ARF. ..
- Tandon A, Bannykh S, Kowalchyk J, Banerjee A, Martin T, Balch W. Differential regulation of exocytosis by calcium and CAPS in semi-intact synaptosomes. Neuron. 1998;21:147-54 pubmed..The differential regulation of exocytosis by CAPS, Ca2+, and potential novel cytosolic factor(s) suggests that the docking and fusion machinery controlling DCVs has diverged from that regulating glutamate-containing SVs. ..
- Johnson R, Scott M. New players and puzzles in the Hedgehog signaling pathway. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 1998;8:450-6 pubmed..The role of Hh in carcinogenesis is underscored by the identification of mutations in several pathway components in skin and brain tumors. ..
- Holland L, Rached L, Tamme R, Holland N, Kortschak D, Inoko H, et al. Characterization and developmental expression of the amphioxus homolog of Notch (AmphiNotch): evolutionary conservation of multiple expression domains in amphioxus and vertebrates. Dev Biol. 2001;232:493-507 pubmed
- Sun J, Nanjundan M, Pike L, Wiedmer T, Sims P. Plasma membrane phospholipid scramblase 1 is enriched in lipid rafts and interacts with the epidermal growth factor receptor. Biochemistry. 2002;41:6338-45 pubmed
- Ihrie R, Marques M, Nguyen B, Horner J, Papazoglu C, Bronson R, et al. Perp is a p63-regulated gene essential for epithelial integrity. Cell. 2005;120:843-56 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that Perp is a key effector in the p63 developmental program, playing an essential role in an adhesion subprogram central to epithelial integrity and homeostasis. ..
- Rafelski S, Theriot J. Bacterial shape and ActA distribution affect initiation of Listeria monocytogenes actin-based motility. Biophys J. 2005;89:2146-58 pubmed..Over time, saltatory motility and sensitivity to the immediate environment decreased as bacterial movement became robust at a constant steady-state speed. ..
- Kao M, Nakamaru Ogiso E, Matsuno Yagi A, Yagi T. Characterization of the membrane domain subunit NuoK (ND4L) of the NADH-quinone oxidoreductase from Escherichia coli. Biochemistry. 2005;44:9545-54 pubmed..Possible roles of these arginine residues and other conserved residues in the NuoK subunit for NDH-1 function were discussed. ..
- Scobie H, Thomas D, Marlett J, Destito G, Wigelsworth D, Collier R, et al. A soluble receptor decoy protects rats against anthrax lethal toxin challenge. J Infect Dis. 2005;192:1047-51 pubmed..Stoichiometric concentrations of sCMG2 protect rats against lethal toxin challenge, making sCMG2 one of the most effective anthrax antitoxins described to date. ..
- Lee H, Lim C, Puzon McLaughlin W, Shattil S, Ginsberg M. RIAM activates integrins by linking talin to ras GTPase membrane-targeting sequences. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:5119-27 pubmed publisher..These data establish the mechanism whereby MRL proteins interact with both talin and Ras GTPases to activate integrins. ..
- Fukuda M, Yoneyama T. Identification of carbohydrate-binding proteins by carbohydrate mimicry peptides. Methods Enzymol. 2010;478:563-72 pubmed publisher..In this chapter, we introduce methods for carbohydrate mimicry peptide affinity chromatographies and discuss their potential use in identifying yet undiscovered carbohydrate-binding proteins in normal and pathological conditions. ..
- BEAUDRY V, Jiang D, Dusek R, Park E, Knezevich S, Ridd K, et al. Loss of the p53/p63 regulated desmosomal protein Perp promotes tumorigenesis. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001168 pubmed publisher..An understanding of the factors affecting cancer progression is important for ultimately improving the diagnosis, prognostication, and treatment of cancer. ..
- Carrasco S, Meyer T. STIM proteins and the endoplasmic reticulum-plasma membrane junctions. Annu Rev Biochem. 2011;80:973-1000 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss research from different fields to provide a broad perspective on the structures and unique roles of ER-PM junctions in controlling signaling and metabolic processes. ..
- Sato M, Sinha P, Torres Bacete J, Matsuno Yagi A, Yagi T. Energy transducing roles of antiporter-like subunits in Escherichia coli NDH-1 with main focus on subunit NuoN (ND2). J Biol Chem. 2013;288:24705-16 pubmed publisher..A truncation study indicated that the C-terminal amphipathic segments of NTM14 interacts with the Mβ sheet located on the opposite side of helix HL. Taken together, the mechanism of H(+) translocation in NDH-1 is discussed. ..
- Ondek B, Hardy R, Baker E, Stamnes M, Shieh B, Zuker C. Genetic dissection of cyclophilin function. Saturation mutagenesis of the Drosophila cyclophilin homolog ninaA. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:16460-6 pubmed..We also show that mammalian cyclophilins engineered to contain missense mutations found in two temperature-sensitive ninaA alleles display temperature-sensitive prolyl cis/trans isomerase activity. ..
- Simon M, De Virgilio C, Souza B, Pringle J, Abo A, Reed S. Role for the Rho-family GTPase Cdc42 in yeast mating-pheromone signal pathway. Nature. 1995;376:702-5 pubmed..But here we show that Cdc42 has a direct signalling role in the mating-pheromone response between the G protein and the downstream protein kinase cascade. ..
- Dartois V, Djavakhishvili T, Hoch J. Identification of a membrane protein involved in activation of the KinB pathway to sporulation in Bacillus subtilis. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:1178-86 pubmed..Implications of these observations on the transcriptional regulation of kinB and the role of KbaA in KinB activation are discussed. ..
- Newton J, Orlow S, Barsh G. Isolation and characterization of a mouse homolog of the X-linked ocular albinism (OA1) gene. Genomics. 1996;37:219-25 pubmed..5. These results provide insight into the structure and possible function of the OA1 protein and suggest a more complex relationship between the human and mouse X chromosomes than was previously thought to exist...
- Maecker H, Todd S, Levy S. The tetraspanin superfamily: molecular facilitators. FASEB J. 1997;11:428-42 pubmed..We propose that these functions may all relate to their ability to act as "molecular facilitators," grouping specific cell-surface proteins and thus increasing the formation and stability of functional signaling complexes. ..
- Huang L, Ichimaru E, Pestonjamasp K, Cui X, Nakamura H, Lo G, et al. Merlin differs from moesin in binding to F-actin and in its intra- and intermolecular interactions. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;248:548-53 pubmed..Merlin 1 function in cells may thus depend on intra- and intermolecular interactions and their modulation, which include interactions with other members of this protein family. ..
- Prekeris R, Yang B, Oorschot V, Klumperman J, Scheller R. Differential roles of syntaxin 7 and syntaxin 8 in endosomal trafficking. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:3891-908 pubmed..In contrast, syntaxin 8 is likely to function in clathrin-independent vesicular transport and membrane fusion events necessary for protein transport from EEs to LEs. ..
- Clark R, Marker P, Kingsley D. A novel candidate gene for mouse and human preaxial polydactyly with altered expression in limbs of Hemimelic extra-toes mutant mice. Genomics. 2000;67:19-27 pubmed..The human ortholog of Lmbr1 maps within the recently described interval for human PPD, strengthening the possibility that both mouse and human limb abnormalities are due to defects in the same highly conserved gene. ..
- Barbero P, Buell E, Zulley S, Pfeffer S. TIP47 is not a component of lipid droplets. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:24348-51 pubmed..Using antibodies specific for residues 152-434 of TIP47, we show that TIP47 is not a constituent of lipid droplets. ..
- Tacha D, Miller R. Use of p63/P504S monoclonal antibody cocktail in immunohistochemical staining of prostate tissue. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2004;12:75-8 pubmed..This cocktail can be of great utility in the examination of diagnostically challenging prostate specimens. ..
- Hua J, Smear M, Baier H, Smith S. Regulation of axon growth in vivo by activity-based competition. Nature. 2005;434:1022-6 pubmed..These results therefore identify a new form of activity-based competition rule that might be a key regulator of axon growth and branch initiation. ..
- Dingman A, Lee S, Derugin N, Wendland M, Vexler Z. Aminoguanidine inhibits caspase-3 and calpain activation without affecting microglial activation following neonatal transient cerebral ischemia. J Neurochem. 2006;96:1467-79 pubmed
- Goodnough L, Brugmann S, Hu D, Helms J. Stage-dependent craniofacial defects resulting from Sprouty2 overexpression. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:1918-28 pubmed..Collectively, these data suggest that Sprouty2 plays a role in the outgrowth of facial prominences independent of canonical Fgf signaling. ..
- Catz S. Characterization of Rab27a and JFC1 as constituents of the secretory machinery of prostate-specific antigen in prostate carcinoma cells. Methods Enzymol. 2008;438:25-40 pubmed publisher..Here, we present methods for the characterization of Rab27a and its effector JFC1/Slp1 as key components of the secretory machinery that regulates exocytosis in prostate carcinoma cells. ..
- Mahapatra N, Taupenot L, Courel M, Mahata S, O Connor D. The trans-Golgi proteins SCLIP and SCG10 interact with chromogranin A to regulate neuroendocrine secretion. Biochemistry. 2008;47:7167-78 pubmed publisher..We conclude that SCLIP and SCG10 interact with CHGA, share partial colocalization in the Golgi apparatus, and may be necessary for typical transmitter storage and release from chromaffin cells. ..
- Tcherpakov M, Delaunay A, Toth J, Kadoya T, Petroski M, Ronai Z. Regulation of endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation by RNF5-dependent ubiquitination of JNK-associated membrane protein (JAMP). J Biol Chem. 2009;284:12099-109 pubmed publisher..Significantly, the RNF5 effect on JAMP is seen prior to and after ER stress response, thereby highlighting a novel mechanism to limit ERAD and proteasome assembly at the ER, to the actual ER stress response. ..
- Cheltsov A, Aoyagi M, Aleshin A, Yu E, Gilliland T, Zhai D, et al. Vaccinia virus virulence factor N1L is a novel promising target for antiviral therapeutic intervention. J Med Chem. 2010;53:3899-906 pubmed publisher..We have also identified the natural polyphenol resveratrol as a moderate N1L inhibitor. Finally, we show that our ligands efficiently inhibit growth of vaccinia virus. ..
- Juarez M, Patterson R, Sandoval Guillen E, McGinnis W. Duox, Flotillin-2, and Src42A are required to activate or delimit the spread of the transcriptional response to epidermal wounds in Drosophila. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002424 pubmed publisher..Our results define new genetic functions that interact to instruct only a limited number of cells around puncture wounds to mount a transcriptional response, mediating local repair and regeneration...
- Liang J, Le T, Edwards D, Tayo B, Gaulton K, Smith J, et al. Single-trait and multi-trait genome-wide association analyses identify novel loci for blood pressure in African-ancestry populations. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006728 pubmed publisher..Our study provides new evidence for genes related to hypertension susceptibility, and the need to study African-ancestry populations in order to identify biologic factors contributing to hypertension...
- Wang Z, Cuddy M, Samuel T, Welsh K, Schimmer A, Hanaii F, et al. Cellular, biochemical, and genetic analysis of mechanism of small molecule IAP inhibitors. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:48168-76 pubmed
- Tontonoz P, Nagy L, Alvarez J, Thomazy V, Evans R. PPARgamma promotes monocyte/macrophage differentiation and uptake of oxidized LDL. Cell. 1998;93:241-52 pubmed..These results reveal a novel signaling pathway controlling differentiation and lipid metabolism in monocytic cells, and suggest that endogenous PPARgamma ligands may be important regulators of gene expression during atherogenesis. ..
- Barolo S, Stone T, Bang A, Posakony J. Default repression and Notch signaling: Hairless acts as an adaptor to recruit the corepressors Groucho and dCtBP to Suppressor of Hairless. Genes Dev. 2002;16:1964-76 pubmed
- Sajjadi F, Pasquale E. Five novel avian Eph-related tyrosine kinases are differentially expressed. Oncogene. 1993;8:1807-13 pubmed..Their distinct tissue distributions in the adult suggest that the different members of the Eph family may each serve specific functions. ..
- Gallo E, Winslow M, Canté Barrett K, Radermacher A, Ho L, McGinnis L, et al. Calcineurin sets the bandwidth for discrimination of signals during thymocyte development. Nature. 2007;450:731-5 pubmed..This mechanism might be generally useful in the discrimination of graded signals that induce different cell fates. ..
- Baron S, Hoang A, Vogel H, Attardi L. Unimpaired skin carcinogenesis in Desmoglein 3 knockout mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50024 pubmed publisher..Continued unraveling of the roles of Dsg3 and other desmosomal constituents in carcinogenesis in different contexts will be important for ultimately improving cancer diagnosis, prognostication, and treatment. ..
- Plutner H, Davidson H, Saraste J, Balch W. Morphological analysis of protein transport from the ER to Golgi membranes in digitonin-permeabilized cells: role of the P58 containing compartment. J Cell Biol. 1992;119:1097-116 pubmed
- Godfrey W, Fagnoni F, Harara M, Buck D, Engleman E. Identification of a human OX-40 ligand, a costimulator of CD4+ T cells with homology to tumor necrosis factor. J Exp Med. 1994;180:757-62 pubmed..We describe gp34 as a new member of the TNF family, and find that the recombinant ligand expressed in COS cells costimulates phorbol myristate acetate, phytohemagglutinin, and anti-CD3-induced CD4+ T cell proliferation. ..
- Jontes J, Emond M, Smith S. In vivo trafficking and targeting of N-cadherin to nascent presynaptic terminals. J Neurosci. 2004;24:9027-34 pubmed..In addition, we have begun to investigate the cell biology of N-cadherin trafficking and targeting in the context of an intact vertebrate embryo. ..
- Penna A, Demuro A, Yeromin A, Zhang S, Safrina O, Parker I, et al. The CRAC channel consists of a tetramer formed by Stim-induced dimerization of Orai dimers. Nature. 2008;456:116-20 pubmed publisher..This represents a new mechanism in which assembly and activation of the functional ion channel are mediated by the same triggering molecule. ..
- Fitzsimmons B, Zattoni M, Svensson C, Steinauer J, Hua X, Yaksh T. Role of spinal p38alpha and beta MAPK in inflammatory hyperalgesia and spinal COX-2 expression. Neuroreport. 2010;21:313-7 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that early activation of spinal p38beta isoform may affect acute facilitatory processing, and both p38beta and alpha isoforms mediate temporally delayed upregulation of spinal COX-2. ..
- Soldati T, Riederer M, Pfeffer S. Rab GDI: a solubilizing and recycling factor for rab9 protein. Mol Biol Cell. 1993;4:425-34 pubmed..Thus GDI proteins have the potential to regulate the availability of specific intracellular transport factors. ..
- Cadigan K, Nusse R. wingless signaling in the Drosophila eye and embryonic epidermis. Development. 1996;122:2801-12 pubmed..However, we present evidence that wingless signaling still occurs normally in the complete absence of Notch protein in the embryonic epidermis. Thus, in the simplest model for wingless signalling, a direct role for Notch is unlikely. ..
- Kaech S, Whitfield C, Kim S. The LIN-2/LIN-7/LIN-10 complex mediates basolateral membrane localization of the C. elegans EGF receptor LET-23 in vulval epithelial cells. Cell. 1998;94:761-71 pubmed..Each of the binding interactions within this complex is conserved, suggesting that this complex may also mediate basolateral localization in mammals. ..
- Bu L, Michino M, Wolf R, Brooks C. Improved model building and assessment of the Calcium-sensing receptor transmembrane domain. Proteins. 2008;71:215-26 pubmed..This provides validation of our sequence alignment method and the use of the rhodopsin backbone as the initial structure in homology modeling of other G protein-coupled receptors that are not members of the rhodopsin family. ..
- Long J, Cisar J, Milliken D, Niessen S, Wang C, Trauger S, et al. Metabolomics annotates ABHD3 as a physiologic regulator of medium-chain phospholipids. Nat Chem Biol. 2011;7:763-5 pubmed publisher..Abhd3(-/-) mice possess elevated myristoyl (C14)-phospholipids, including the bioactive lipid C14-lysophosphatidylcholine, confirming the physiological relevance of our substrate assignments. ..
- Chatterji A, Ochoa W, Shamieh L, Salakian S, Wong S, Clinton G, et al. Chemical conjugation of heterologous proteins on the surface of Cowpea mosaic virus. Bioconjug Chem. 2004;15:807-13 pubmed..Strategies demonstrated here allow virus particle targeting to specific cell types and the use of an icosahedral virus as a platform for structure determination of small proteins at moderate resolution. ..
- Elferink L, Trimble W, Scheller R. Two vesicle-associated membrane protein genes are differentially expressed in the rat central nervous system. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:11061-4 pubmed..Both VAMP transcripts are expressed differentially in the rat central nervous system. Whereas VAMP-2 is more highly expressed in the whole brain, VAMP-1 is expressed at a higher level in the spinal cord. ..
- Xu Q, Reed J. Bax inhibitor-1, a mammalian apoptosis suppressor identified by functional screening in yeast. Mol Cell. 1998;1:337-46 pubmed..Conversely, BI-1 antisense induced apoptosis. BI-1 thus represents a new type of regulator of cell death pathways controlled by Bcl-2 and Bax. ..
- McLaughlin L, Govoni G, Gerke C, Gopinath S, Peng K, Laidlaw G, et al. The Salmonella SPI2 effector SseI mediates long-term systemic infection by modulating host cell migration. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000671 pubmed publisher..typhimurium. Taken together, our results demonstrate that SseI inhibits normal host cell migration, which ultimately counteracts the ability of the host to clear systemic bacteria...
- Niemeyer B, Suzuki E, Scott K, Jalink K, Zuker C. The Drosophila light-activated conductance is composed of the two channels TRP and TRPL. Cell. 1996;85:651-9 pubmed..We also use genetic and electrophysiological tools to study the contribution of each channel type to the light response and show that TRP and TRPL can serve partially overlapping functions. ..
- Rulifson E, Wu C, Nusse R. Pathway specificity by the bifunctional receptor frizzled is determined by affinity for wingless. Mol Cell. 2000;6:117-26 pubmed..This suggests that Fz has an intrinsic capacity for polarity signaling and that high-affinity interaction with Wg couples it to the Wnt pathway. ..
- Furukawa K, Fritze C, Gerace L. The major nuclear envelope targeting domain of LAP2 coincides with its lamin binding region but is distinct from its chromatin interaction domain. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:4213-9 pubmed
- Gavin A, Ait Azzouzene D, Ware C, Nemazee D. DeltaBAFF, an alternate splice isoform that regulates receptor binding and biopresentation of the B cell survival cytokine, BAFF. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:38220-8 pubmed..Thus, alternative splicing of the BAFF gene suppresses BAFF B cell stimulatory function in several ways, and deltaBAFF may promote other functions as well. ..
- Chatterji U, Bobardt M, Stanfield R, Ptak R, Pallansch L, Ward P, et al. Naturally occurring capsid substitutions render HIV-1 cyclophilin A independent in human cells and TRIM-cyclophilin-resistant in Owl monkey cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:40293-300 pubmed..This study demonstrates that specific capsid substitutions can release HIV-1 from both CypA dependence in human cells and TRIM-Cyp restriction in monkey cells. ..
- Hayashi T, Saito A, Okuno S, Ferrand Drake M, Chan P. Induction of GRP78 by ischemic preconditioning reduces endoplasmic reticulum stress and prevents delayed neuronal cell death. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2003;23:949-61 pubmed..Immunoprecipitation and double staining demonstrated involvement of GRP78 in prevention of PERK phosphorylation. These results suggest that GRP78 induced by preconditioning may reduce ER stress and eventual DND after ischemia. ..
- Scobie H, Young J. Divalent metal ion coordination by residue T118 of anthrax toxin receptor 2 is not essential for protective antigen binding. PLoS ONE. 2006;1:e99 pubmed..These findings suggest that an open-like configuration of the ANTXR2 MIDAS is not essential for the interaction with PA. ..
- Zhao B, Li L, Lu Q, Wang L, Liu C, Lei Q, et al. Angiomotin is a novel Hippo pathway component that inhibits YAP oncoprotein. Genes Dev. 2011;25:51-63 pubmed publisher..These observations provide a potential link between the Hippo pathway and cell contact inhibition...
- Campbell G, Spector S. Hormonally active vitamin D3 (1alpha,25-dihydroxycholecalciferol) triggers autophagy in human macrophages that inhibits HIV-1 infection. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:18890-902 pubmed publisher..Our findings support an important role for autophagy during HIV-1 infection and provide new insights into novel approaches to prevent and treat HIV-1 infection and related opportunistic infections. ..
- Klammt C, Maslennikov I, Bayrhuber M, Eichmann C, Vajpai N, Chiu E, et al. Facile backbone structure determination of human membrane proteins by NMR spectroscopy. Nat Methods. 2012;9:834-9 pubmed publisher..Application of our protocols to an additional 135 hIMPs with molecular weight <30 kDa yielded 38 hIMPs suitable for structural characterization by solution NMR spectroscopy without additional optimization. ..
- Pusapati G, Luchetti G, Pfeffer S. Ric1-Rgp1 complex is a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for the late Golgi Rab6A GTPase and an effector of the medial Golgi Rab33B GTPase. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:42129-37 pubmed publisher..The C terminus of Ric1 protein contains a distinct binding site for Rab33B-GTP, supporting the existence of a Rab cascade between the medial and trans Golgi. This study thus identifies a GEF for Rab6A in human cells. ..
- Kopito R, Lee B, Simmons D, Lindsey A, Morgans C, Schneider K. Regulation of intracellular pH by a neuronal homolog of the erythrocyte anion exchanger. Cell. 1989;59:927-37 pubmed..The NH2-terminal domain may play a role in regulating the activity of the exchanger and may be involved in the structural organization of the cytoskeleton in neurons. ..
- Rowe T, Aridor M, McCaffery J, Plutner H, Nuoffer C, Balch W. COPII vesicles derived from mammalian endoplasmic reticulum microsomes recruit COPI. J Cell Biol. 1996;135:895-911 pubmed..These results suggest that coat exchange is an early event preceding the targeting of ER-derived vesicles to pre-Golgi intermediates. ..
- Nielsen P, Beahm D, Giepmans B, Baruch A, Hall J, Kumar N. Molecular cloning, functional expression, and tissue distribution of a novel human gap junction-forming protein, connexin-31.9. Interaction with zona occludens protein-1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:38272-83 pubmed..9 expression to vascular smooth muscle cells. Furthermore, it was demonstrated that Cx31.9 interacted with ZO-1. Thus, Cx31.9 represents a novel connexin gene that in vivo generates a protein with unique voltage gating properties. ..
- Kim D, Marchetti F, Chen Z, Zaric S, Wilson R, Hall D, et al. Nanosensor dosimetry of mouse blood proteins after exposure to ionizing radiation. Sci Rep. 2013;3:2234 pubmed publisher..Our magneto-nanosensor assay demonstrates the dose and time responses, low-dose sensitivity, small volume requirements, and rapid speed that have important advantages in radiation triage biodosimetry. ..
- Randolph A, Yip W, Allen E, Rosenberger C, Agan A, Ash S, et al. Evaluation of IFITM3 rs12252 Association With Severe Pediatric Influenza Infection. J Infect Dis. 2017;216:14-21 pubmed publisher..rs12252 was not associated with susceptibility to influenza-related critical illness in children or with critical illness severity. Our data also do not support it being a splice site. ..
- Amieva M, Furthmayr H. Subcellular localization of moesin in dynamic filopodia, retraction fibers, and other structures involved in substrate exploration, attachment, and cell-cell contacts. Exp Cell Res. 1995;219:180-96 pubmed..Moesin could be involved in the dynamic restructuring of such microdomains by regulating binding interactions between the plasma membrane and the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Hales K, Fuller M. Developmentally regulated mitochondrial fusion mediated by a conserved, novel, predicted GTPase. Cell. 1997;90:121-9 pubmed..Fzo has homologs of unknown function in mammals, nematodes, and yeast. ..
- Koller A, Snyder W, Faber K, Wenzel T, Rangell L, Keller G, et al. Pex22p of Pichia pastoris, essential for peroxisomal matrix protein import, anchors the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme, Pex4p, on the peroxisomal membrane. J Cell Biol. 1999;146:99-112 pubmed..The Saccharomyces cerevisiae hypothetical protein, Yaf5p, is the functional homologue of P. pastoris Pex22p. ..
- Finley K, Edeen P, Cumming R, Mardahl Dumesnil M, Taylor B, Rodriguez M, et al. blue cheese mutations define a novel, conserved gene involved in progressive neural degeneration. J Neurosci. 2003;23:1254-64 pubmed..The high degree of conservation between Drosophila and human bchs suggests that study of the functional pathway of BCHS and associated mutant phenotype may provide useful insights into human neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Weng Y, Yang G, Weiss S, Dennery P. Interaction between heme oxygenase-1 and -2 proteins. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:50999-1005 pubmed..We speculate that this HO-1.HO-2 protein interaction may promote non-enzymatic functions of HO. ..