Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on magnetic resonance spectroscopy in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Topic: magnetic resonance spectroscopy
Publications145 found, 100 shown here
- Jansen J, Carlson D, Lu Y, Stambuk H, Moreira A, Singh B, et al. Correlation of a priori DCE-MRI and (1)H-MRS data with molecular markers in neck nodal metastases: Initial analysis. Oral Oncol. 2012;48:717-22 pubmed publisher..Future studies with larger patient populations need to be carried out to validate and clarify our preliminary findings. ..
- Uchime O, Dai Z, Biris N, Lee D, Sidhu S, Li S, et al. Synthetic Antibodies Inhibit Bcl-2-associated X Protein (BAX) through Blockade of the N-terminal Activation Site. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:89-102 pubmed publisher..The synthetic Fabs reported here reveal, as probes, novel mechanistic insights into BAX inhibition and provide a blueprint for developing inhibitors of BAX activation. ..
- Shukla Dave A, Hricak H, Ishill N, Moskowitz C, Drobnjak M, Reuter V, et al. Prediction of prostate cancer recurrence using magnetic resonance imaging and molecular profiles. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:3842-9 pubmed publisher..97 when markers were also added. MRI/MRSI findings and molecular markers correlated well with each other and contributed incremental value to clinical variables in predicting prostate cancer recurrence. ..
- Benz M, Vargas H, Sala E. Functional MR Imaging Techniques in Oncology in the Era of Personalized Medicine. Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am. 2016;24:1-10 pubmed publisher..New MR imaging probes, such as targeted or activatable contrast agents and dynamic nuclear hyperpolarization, show great promise to further improve the care of patients with cancer in the near future. ..
- Grubmeyer C, Insinga S, Bhatia M, Moazami N. Salmonella typhimurium histidinol dehydrogenase: complete reaction stereochemistry and active site mapping. Biochemistry. 1989;28:8174-80 pubmed..Compounds in which the alpha-amino group was replaced by chloro, bromo, or hydrogen substituents were not substrates of the overall reaction at 1/10,000 the normal rate.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Armstrong N, Gouaux E. Mechanisms for activation and antagonism of an AMPA-sensitive glutamate receptor: crystal structures of the GluR2 ligand binding core. Neuron. 2000;28:165-81 pubmed..The crystal packing of the ligand binding cores suggests modes for subunit-subunit contact in the intact receptor and mechanisms by which allosteric effectors modulate receptor activity. ..
- Subramaniam G, Paz M, Suresh Kumar G, Das A, Palom Y, Clement C, et al. Solution structure of a guanine-N7-linked complex of the mitomycin C metabolite 2,7-diaminomitosene and DNA. Basis of sequence selectivity. Biochemistry. 2001;40:10473-84 pubmed..The unusual, major groove-aligned structure of the adduct 5 may account for the low cytotoxicity of 2,7-DAM. ..
- Zheng R, Blanchard J. Steady-state and pre-steady-state kinetic analysis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis pantothenate synthetase. Biochemistry. 2001;40:12904-12 pubmed..Reverse isotope exchange of [(14)C]-beta-alanine into pantothenate in the presence of AMP was observed, indicating the reversible formation of the pantoyl adenylate intermediate from products. ..
- Srinivasulu S, Manjula B, Nagel R, Tsai C, Ho C, Prabhakaran M, et al. Hemoglobin Einstein: semisynthetic deletion in the B-helix of the alpha-chain. Protein Sci. 2004;13:1266-75 pubmed..The results demonstrate a high degree of plasticity in the hemoglobin structure that accommodates the deletion of alpha(23-26) without perturbing its overall global conformation. ..
- Zhang C, Howell R, Scotland K, Perez F, Todaro L, Francesconi L. Aqueous speciation studies of europium(III) phosphotungstate. Inorg Chem. 2004;43:7691-701 pubmed..86(0), gamma=102.91(0) degrees ; V=4858.3(9) A3; Z=2), 4, Al2(H3O)8[Eu(H2O)3(alpha-2-P2W17O61)]2.29H2O (P; a=12.649(6), b=16.230(8), c=21.518(9) A; alpha=111.223(16), beta=94.182(18), gamma=107.581(17) degrees ; V=3842(3) A3; Z=1). ..
- Teplova M, Song J, Gaw H, Teplov A, Patel D. Structural insights into RNA recognition by the alternate-splicing regulator CUG-binding protein 1. Structure. 2010;18:1364-77 pubmed publisher..We discuss the implications of CUGBP1-mediated targeting and sequestration of UGU(U/G) elements on pre-mRNA alternative-splicing regulation, translational regulation, and mRNA decay. ..
- Jeon J, Kovanlikaya I, Boockvar J, Mao X, Shin B, K Burkhardt J, et al. Metabolic response of glioblastoma to superselective intra-arterial cerebral infusion of bevacizumab: a proton MR spectroscopic imaging study. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2012;33:2095-102 pubmed publisher..The results of this (1)H-MRS analysis suggest that GB treatment with SIACI of bevacizumab may be associated with a direct antiproliferative effect, as demonstrated by significant reductions of tCho/NAA after the intervention. ..
- Bhate M, McDermott A. Protonation state of E71 in KcsA and its role for channel collapse and inactivation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:15265-70 pubmed..The results offer new mechanistic insights into why the widely used mutant KcsA-E71A does not inactivate and establish the ambient K(+) level as a means to populate the inactivated state of KcsA in a controlled way. ..
- Mathew S, Price R, Mao X, Smith E, Coplan J, Charney D, et al. Hippocampal N-acetylaspartate concentration and response to riluzole in generalized anxiety disorder. Biol Psychiatry. 2008;63:891-8 pubmed..Placebo-controlled investigations that examine hippocampal NAA as a viable surrogate endpoint for clinical trials of neuroprotective and plasticity-enhancing agents are warranted. ..
- Shekar S, Wu H, Fu Z, Yip S, Nagajyothi -, Cahill S, et al. Mechanism of constitutive phosphoinositide 3-kinase activation by oncogenic mutants of the p85 regulatory subunit. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:27850-5 pubmed..Based on these findings, we propose a general model for oncogenic mutants of p85 and p110 in which disruption of nSH2-p110 regulatory contacts leads to constitutive p110 activity. ..
- Sastry M, Patel D. Solution structure of the mithramycin dimer-DNA complex. Biochemistry. 1993;32:6588-604 pubmed..abstract truncated at 400 words) ..
- Falber A, Todaro L, Goldberg I, Favilla M, Drain C. Routes to new hafnium(IV) tetraaryl porphyrins and crystal structures of unusual phosphate-, sulfate-, and peroxide-bridged dimers. Inorg Chem. 2008;47:454-67 pubmed..The crystal structures of this library of Hf(Por) complexes are reported, and we note that careful analysis of crystallography data reveals (Por)Hf(micro-eta(2)-O(2))(2)Hf(Por) rather than four bridging oxo or hydroxy ions...
- Laraoui A, Hodges J, Meriles C. Nitrogen-vacancy-assisted magnetometry of paramagnetic centers in an individual diamond nanocrystal. Nano Lett. 2012;12:3477-82 pubmed publisher..Extensions based on the experiments presented herein hold promise for applications in nanoscale magnetic sensing, biomedical labeling, and imaging...
- Sikora A, Cahill S, Blanchard J. Enterobactin synthetase-catalyzed formation of P(1),P(3)-diadenosine-5'-tetraphosphate. Biochemistry. 2009;48:10827-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that the expression of EntE during iron starvation produces Ap(4)A to slow growth until intracellular iron stores can be restored. ..
- Louis E, Shungu D, Chan S, Mao X, Jurewicz E, Watner D. Metabolic abnormality in the cerebellum in patients with essential tremor: a proton magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging study. Neurosci Lett. 2002;333:17-20 pubmed..59, P = 0.02). The reduction in cerebellar cortical NAA/tCR indicates that there is neuronal damage or loss in ET, suggesting that ET may be a neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Sung Y, Eliezer D. Residual structure, backbone dynamics, and interactions within the synuclein family. J Mol Biol. 2007;372:689-707 pubmed..These results raise questions regarding the role of secondary structure propensities and transient long-range contacts in directing synuclein aggregation reactions. ..
- Briley Saebo K, Nguyen T, Saeboe A, Cho Y, Ryu S, Volkova E, et al. In vivo detection of oxidation-specific epitopes in atherosclerotic lesions using biocompatible manganese molecular magnetic imaging probes. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012;59:616-26 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that biocompatible multimodal Mn-based molecular imaging probes detect OSE within atherosclerotic plaques and may facilitate clinical translation of noninvasive imaging of human atherosclerosis. ..
- Rodríguez F, Liu Z, Lin C, Ding S, Cai Y, Kolbanovskiy A, et al. Nuclear magnetic resonance studies of an N2-guanine adduct derived from the tumorigen dibenzo[a,l]pyrene in DNA: impact of adduct stereochemistry, size, and local DNA sequence on solution conformations. Biochemistry. 2014;53:1827-41 pubmed publisher..These structural results broaden our understanding of the structure-function relationship in NER. ..
- Goldbourt A, Gross B, Day L, McDermott A. Filamentous phage studied by magic-angle spinning NMR: resonance assignment and secondary structure of the coat protein in Pf1. J Am Chem Soc. 2007;129:2338-44 pubmed..The chemical shifts of the backbone atoms indicate that the coat protein conformation involves a 40-residue continuous alpha-helix extending from residue 6 to the C-terminus...
- Pollack E, Bhaya A, Law M. Differentiating intracranial aspergillosis from a high grade glioma using MRI and MR spectroscopic imaging. J Neuroimaging. 2007;17:361-6 pubmed..We also demonstrate the diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI) findings and discuss how MR spectroscopy can be useful in differentiating an aspergilloma from a high-grade glioma...
- Gade T, Buchanan I, Motley M, Mazaheri Y, Spees W, Koutcher J. Imaging intratumoral convection: pressure-dependent enhancement in chemotherapeutic delivery to solid tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:247-55 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the modulation of convective flow within tumors can improve the delivery of (LMW) chemotherapeutics and show the potential role for noninvasive imaging of this process in vivo. ..
- Rigotti D, Inglese M, Kirov I, Gorynski E, Perry N, Babb J, et al. Two-year serial whole-brain N-acetyl-L-aspartate in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. Neurology. 2012;78:1383-9 pubmed publisher..Because of the small sample sizes required to establish power, WBNAA can be incorporated into future studies. ..
- Chatterjee S, Prados Rosales R, Frases S, Itin B, Casadevall A, Stark R. Using solid-state NMR to monitor the molecular consequences of Cryptococcus neoformans melanization with different catecholamine precursors. Biochemistry. 2012;51:6080-8 pubmed
- Mathew S, Shungu D, Mao X, Smith E, Perera G, Kegeles L, et al. A magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging study of adult nonhuman primates exposed to early-life stressors. Biol Psychiatry. 2003;54:727-35 pubmed
- Parasoglou P, Xia D, Regatte R. Spectrally selective 3D TSE imaging of phosphocreatine in the human calf muscle at 3 T. Magn Reson Med. 2013;69:812-7 pubmed publisher..The mean ± standard deviation of the phosphocreatine concentration measured in five healthy volunteers was 29.4 ± 2.5 mM with signal-to-noise ratio of 14:1 and voxel size of 0.52 mL. ..
- Kirov I, Tal A, Babb J, Herbert J, Gonen O. Serial proton MR spectroscopy of gray and white matter in relapsing-remitting MS. Neurology. 2013;80:39-46 pubmed publisher..Absence of detectable diffuse changes in GM suggests that injury there is minimal, focal, or heterogeneous between cortex and deep GM nuclei. ..
- van Houte L, van Garderen C, Patel D. The antitumor drug nogalamycin forms two different intercalation complexes with d(GCGT).d(ACGC). Biochemistry. 1993;32:1667-74 pubmed..Comparison of different nogalamycin-oligonucleotide structures reveals a nogalamycin binding specificity to the 3'-side of the cytosine base in cytosine-purine sequences in double-stranded DNA. ..
- Ibrahimi A, Bonen A, Blinn W, Hajri T, Li X, Zhong K, et al. Muscle-specific overexpression of FAT/CD36 enhances fatty acid oxidation by contracting muscle, reduces plasma triglycerides and fatty acids, and increases plasma glucose and insulin. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:26761-6 pubmed..In summary, the study documented, in vivo, the role of CD36 to facilitate cellular FA uptake. It also illustrated importance of the uptake process in muscle to overall FA metabolism and glucose utilization. ..
- Houck Loomis B, Durney M, Salguero C, Shankar N, Nagle J, Goff S, et al. An equilibrium-dependent retroviral mRNA switch regulates translational recoding. Nature. 2011;480:561-4 pubmed publisher..Similar observations for a frameshifting signal indicate that this novel equilibrium-based mechanism may have a general role in translational recoding. ..
- Kirov I, George I, Jayawickrama N, Babb J, Perry N, Gonen O. Longitudinal inter- and intra-individual human brain metabolic quantification over 3 years with proton MR spectroscopy at 3 T. Magn Reson Med. 2012;67:27-33 pubmed publisher..The biological and nonbiological components of the summed spectra coefficients of variation had similar contributions to the overall variance. ..
- Rozovsky S, McDermott A. The time scale of the catalytic loop motion in triosephosphate isomerase. J Mol Biol. 2001;310:259-70 pubmed..The loop motion appears to be partially rate limiting for chemistry in both directions. ..
- Yankeelov T, Rooney W, Li X, Springer C. Variation of the relaxographic "shutter-speed" for transcytolemmal water exchange affects the CR bolus-tracking curve shape. Magn Reson Med. 2003;50:1151-69 pubmed..The BOLERO analysis shows promise for in vivo vascular phenotyping in pathophysiology. It also includes a provision for approximating the separation of the perfusion and permeability contributions to CR extravasation. ..
- Amarante D, Cherian C, Catapano A, Adams R, Wang M, Megehee E. Synthesis and electronic characterization of bipyridine dithiolate rhodium(III) complexes. Inorg Chem. 2005;44:8804-9 pubmed..The 1,1'-dithiolate ligands induce larger red shifts in the absorption and emission spectra than the dithiocarbamates as the 1,1'-dithiolates have a more extensive conjugation system. ..
- Le H, Lupu M, Kotedia K, Rosen N, Solit D, Koutcher J. Proton MRS detects metabolic changes in hormone sensitive and resistant human prostate cancer models CWR22 and CWR22r. Magn Reson Med. 2009;62:1112-9 pubmed publisher..01). Metabolic changes in total choline by proton MRSI can be used as an early biomarker of response for advanced-stage prostate cancer in targeted therapy such as 17-allylamino, 17-demethoxygeldanamycin. ..
- Kaufmann P, Pullman S, Shungu D, Chan S, Hays A, Del Bene M, et al. Objective tests for upper motor neuron involvement in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Neurology. 2004;62:1753-7 pubmed..To develop objective markers for upper motor neuron (UMN) involvement in ALS, the value of single-voxel MR spectroscopy (MRS) and transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) was studied...
- Zhang X, Patel D. Solution structure of the nogalamycin-DNA complex. Biochemistry. 1990;29:9451-66 pubmed..abstract truncated at 400 words) ..
- Neff L, Culiner J, Cunningham Rundles S, Seidman C, Meehan D, Maturi J, et al. Algal docosahexaenoic acid affects plasma lipoprotein particle size distribution in overweight and obese adults. J Nutr. 2011;141:207-13 pubmed publisher..In summary, DHA supplementation resulted in potentially beneficial changes in some markers of cardiometabolic risk, whereas other markers were unchanged. ..
- Gold B, Pingle M, Brickner S, Shah N, Roberts J, Rundell M, et al. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug sensitizes Mycobacterium tuberculosis to endogenous and exogenous antimicrobials. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:16004-11 pubmed publisher..Thus, conditions that block Mtb's replication modify OPB and enhance its cidal action. Modified OPB kills both replicating and NR Mtb and sensitizes both to host-derived and medicinal antimycobacterial agents. ..
- Balakrishnan A, Jordan F, Nathan C. Influence of allosteric regulators on individual steps in the reaction catalyzed by Mycobacterium tuberculosis 2-hydroxy-3-oxoadipate synthase. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:21688-702 pubmed publisher..Thus, the two regulators act on different halves of the catalytic cycle in an unusual regulatory regime. ..
- Pan J, de Graaf R, Petersen K, Shulman G, Hetherington H, Rothman D. [2,4-13 C2 ]-beta-Hydroxybutyrate metabolism in human brain. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2002;22:890-8 pubmed..6% of total acetyl coenzyme A oxidation. These results are consistent with minimal accumulation of cerebral ketones with rapid utilization, implying blood-brain barrier control of ketone oxidation in the nonfasted adult human brain...
- Wu W, Kirov I, Tal A, Babb J, Milla S, Oved J, et al. Brain MR spectroscopic abnormalities in "MRI-negative" tuberous sclerosis complex patients. Epilepsy Behav. 2013;27:319-25 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that longer disease duration and/or TSC2 gene mutation may cause axonal dysfunction and demyelination. ..
- Sun A, Arrese M, Zeng L, Swaby I, Zhou M, Suchy F. The rat liver Na(+)/bile acid cotransporter. Importance of the cytoplasmic tail to function and plasma membrane targeting. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:6825-33 pubmed..Since the major motif YKAA contains a beta-turn unfavorable structure, the Ntcp basolateral sorting may not be related to the clathrin-adaptor complex pathway, as is the case for many basolateral proteins. ..
- Kim B, Young T, Harder E, Friesner R, Berne B. Structure and dynamics of the solvation of bovine pancreatic trypsin inhibitor in explicit water: a comparative study of the effects of solvent and protein polarizability. J Phys Chem B. 2005;109:16529-38 pubmed..However, when only one model (or neither) is polarizable, the relaxation is similar regardless of the models used. ..
- Li Y, Altorelli N, Bahna F, Honig B, Shapiro L, Palmer A. Mechanism of E-cadherin dimerization probed by NMR relaxation dispersion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:16462-7 pubmed publisher..The X-dimer interface lowers the energy barrier associated with strand swapping and enables E-cadherins to form strand-swapped dimers at a rate consistent with residence times in adherens junctions. ..
- Rozovsky S, Jogl G, Tong L, McDermott A. Solution-state NMR investigations of triosephosphate isomerase active site loop motion: ligand release in relation to active site loop dynamics. J Mol Biol. 2001;310:271-80 pubmed..The rate of ligand release is less than 1000 s(-1) at 0 degrees C and more than 1000 s(-1) at 30 degrees C. Therefore, loop motion and product release are probably concerted and likely to represent a rate limiting step for chemistry. ..
- Wu H, Su K, Guan X, Sublette M, Stark R. Assessing the size, stability, and utility of isotropically tumbling bicelle systems for structural biology. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1798:482-8 pubmed publisher..1)H-(15)N 2D NMR has been used to demonstrate the usefulness of the robust DMPC-DIOHPC system for conformational studies of a fatty acid-binding protein that shuttles small ligands to and from biological membranes. ..
- Kim A, Kakalis L, Abdul Manan N, Liu G, Rosen M. Autoinhibition and activation mechanisms of the Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein. Nature. 2000;404:151-8 pubmed..These data show that 'intrinsically unstructured' peptides such as the GTPase-binding domain of WASP can be induced into distinct structural and functional states depending on context. ..
- Jin R, Gouaux E. Probing the function, conformational plasticity, and dimer-dimer contacts of the GluR2 ligand-binding core: studies of 5-substituted willardiines and GluR2 S1S2 in the crystal. Biochemistry. 2003;42:5201-13 pubmed
- Mitsumoto H, Ulug A, Pullman S, Gooch C, Chan S, Tang M, et al. Quantitative objective markers for upper and lower motor neuron dysfunction in ALS. Neurology. 2007;68:1402-10 pubmed
- Zacharia T, Law M, Naidich T, Leeds N. Central nervous system lymphoma characterization by diffusion-weighted imaging and MR spectroscopy. J Neuroimaging. 2008;18:411-7 pubmed publisher..These lesions are usually paraventricular in location. MR imaging appearances differ among immunocompetent and immunosuppressed individuals in most cases. ..
- Gosser Y, Nomanbhoy T, Aghazadeh B, Manor D, Combs C, Cerione R, et al. C-terminal binding domain of Rho GDP-dissociation inhibitor directs N-terminal inhibitory peptide to GTPases. Nature. 1997;387:814-9 pubmed..These results lead to a model of rhoGDI function in which the carboxy-terminal binding domain targets the amino-terminal inhibitory region to GTPases, resulting in membrane extraction and inhibition of nucleotide cycling. ..
- Massi F, Wang C, Palmer A. Solution NMR and computer simulation studies of active site loop motion in triosephosphate isomerase. Biochemistry. 2006;45:10787-94 pubmed..The results of the joint NMR and MD study provide global insight into the role of conformational dynamic processes in the function of TIM. ..
- Constantinou C, Apidianakis Y, Psychogios N, Righi V, Mindrinos M, Khan N, et al. In vivo high-resolution magic angle spinning magnetic and electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopic analysis of mitochondria-targeted peptide in Drosophila melanogaster with trauma-induced thoracic injury. Int J Mol Med. 2016;37:299-308 pubmed publisher..Our findings further suggest that SS-31 attenuates trauma-associated pathological changes. ..
- Igumenova T, Brath U, Akke M, Palmer A. Characterization of chemical exchange using residual dipolar coupling. J Am Chem Soc. 2007;129:13396-7 pubmed
- Zakian K, Hricak H, Ishill N, Reuter V, Eberhardt S, Moskowitz C, et al. An exploratory study of endorectal magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy of the prostate as preoperative predictive biomarkers of biochemical relapse after radical prostatectomy. J Urol. 2010;184:2320-7 pubmed publisher..Results suggest the preoperative predictive usefulness of endorectal magnetic resonance imaging/magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging in patients considering radical prostatectomy. ..
- Sastry M, Fiala R, Patel D. Solution structure of mithramycin dimers bound to partially overlapping sites on DNA. J Mol Biol. 1995;251:674-89 pubmed
- Chen J, Enloe B, Weybright P, Campbell N, Dorfman D, Fletcher C, et al. Biochemical correlates of thiazolidinedione-induced adipocyte differentiation by high-resolution magic angle spinning NMR spectroscopy. Magn Reson Med. 2002;48:602-10 pubmed..Thus, this ratio may be an NMR-detectable marker of troglitazone efficacy and response to differentiation therapy for liposarcoma. ..
- Kaufmann P, Shungu D, Sano M, Jhung S, Engelstad K, Mitsis E, et al. Cerebral lactic acidosis correlates with neurological impairment in MELAS. Neurology. 2004;62:1297-302 pubmed..High levels of ventricular lactate, the brain spectroscopic signature of MELAS, are associated with more severe neurologic impairment. ..
- Arias Mendoza F, Payne G, Zakian K, Schwarz A, Stubbs M, Stoyanova R, et al. In vivo 31P MR spectral patterns and reproducibility in cancer patients studied in a multi-institutional trial. NMR Biomed. 2006;19:504-12 pubmed
- Zemelman B, Nesnas N, Lee G, Miesenbock G. Photochemical gating of heterologous ion channels: remote control over genetically designated populations of neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:1352-7 pubmed
- Lee J, Regatte R, Jerschow A. Optimal excitation of (23)Na nuclear spins in the presence of residual quadrupolar coupling and quadrupolar relaxation. J Chem Phys. 2009;131:174501 pubmed publisher..The optimized pulses are tested with (23)Na NMR, and their performance is compared with that of pulses optimized in the absence of relaxation...
- Ramakrishnan V, Finch J, Graziano V, Lee P, Sweet R. Crystal structure of globular domain of histone H5 and its implications for nucleosome binding. Nature. 1993;362:219-23 pubmed..The structure shows a striking similarity to the DNA-binding domain of the catabolite gene activator protein CAP, thereby providing a possible model for the binding of GH5 to DNA. ..
- Sung Y, Eliezer D. Secondary structure and dynamics of micelle bound beta- and gamma-synuclein. Protein Sci. 2006;15:1162-74 pubmed
- Liu Z, Deshazer H, Rice A, Chen K, Zhou C, Kallenbach N. Multivalent antimicrobial peptides from a reactive polymer scaffold. J Med Chem. 2006;49:3436-9 pubmed..Thus, multivalency or polyvalency may offer a route to enhance the activity of antimicrobial peptides...
- Bhattacharya S, Zhang H, Debnath A, Cowburn D. Solution structure of a hydrocarbon stapled peptide inhibitor in complex with monomeric C-terminal domain of HIV-1 capsid. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:16274-8 pubmed publisher..The results of the structural analysis provide valuable insight into the determinants for high affinity and selective inhibitors for HIV-1 particle assembly. ..
- Jansen J, Schoder H, Lee N, Stambuk H, Wang Y, Fury M, et al. Tumor metabolism and perfusion in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: pretreatment multimodality imaging with 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopy, dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI, and [18F]FDG-PET. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012;82:299-307 pubmed publisher..Additionally, combined DCE-MRI and [(18)F]FDG PET parameters were predictive of short-term response to treatment. ..
- Leahy D, Hendrickson W, Aukhil I, Erickson H. Structure of a fibronectin type III domain from tenascin phased by MAD analysis of the selenomethionyl protein. Science. 1992;258:987-91 pubmed..Although distinct, this topology is similar to that of immunoglobulin constant domains. An Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD) sequence that can function for cell adhesion is found in a tight turn on an exposed loop. ..
- Koutcher J, Alfieri A, Tsai J, Matei C, Stolfi R, Ballon D, et al. Evaluation of chemotherapy and radiation enhancement and 31P NMR spectral changes induced by biochemical modulation. Cancer Invest. 1997;15:111-20 pubmed..5 hr post adriamycin), which was not significantly different from the NTP/Pi value determined after treatment with the three-drug combination. ..
- Yan K, Kuti M, Yan S, Mujtaba S, Farooq A, Goldfarb M, et al. FRS2 PTB domain conformation regulates interactions with divergent neurotrophic receptors. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:17088-94 pubmed..Together, our new findings support a molecular mechanism by which conformational dynamics of the FRS2alpha PTB domain dictates its association with either fibroblast growth factor or neurotrophin receptors in neuronal development. ..
- Chi Y, Zhou B, Wang W, Chung S, Kwon Y, Ahn Y, et al. Comparative mechanistic and substrate specificity study of inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase Schizosaccharomyces pombe Synaptojanin and SHIP2. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:44987-95 pubmed
- Hoptman M, Gunning Dixon F, Murphy C, Lim K, Alexopoulos G. Structural neuroimaging research methods in geriatric depression. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2006;14:812-22 pubmed..The authors argue that the available methods provide complementary information and that, when combined judiciously, can increase the knowledge gained from neuroimaging findings and conceptually advance the field of geriatric depression...
- Rozovsky S, McDermott A. Substrate product equilibrium on a reversible enzyme, triosephosphate isomerase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:2080-5 pubmed
- Godenschwager P, Collum D. Lithium hexamethyldisilazide-mediated enolizations: influence of chelating ligands and hydrocarbon cosolvents on the rates and mechanisms. J Am Chem Soc. 2007;129:12023-31 pubmed..The importance of LiHMDS-ketone complexes and the role of hydrocarbon cosolvents are discussed...
- Gabbay V, Hess D, Liu S, Babb J, Klein R, Gonen O. Lateralized caudate metabolic abnormalities in adolescent major depressive disorder: a proton MR spectroscopy study. Am J Psychiatry. 2007;164:1881-9 pubmed..The results are consistent with prior imaging reports of focal and lateralized abnormalities in the caudate in adult major depression. ..
- Chang G, Wang L, Schweitzer M, Regatte R. 3D 23Na MRI of human skeletal muscle at 7 Tesla: initial experience. Eur Radiol. 2010;20:2039-46 pubmed publisher..To evaluate healthy skeletal muscle pre- and post-exercise via 7 T (23)Na MRI and muscle proton T(2) mapping, and to evaluate diabetic muscle pre- and post-exercise via 7 T (23)Na MRI...
- Yamamoto K, Yoon K, Ueda K, Hashimoto M, Sparrow J. A novel bisretinoid of retina is an adduct on glycerophosphoethanolamine. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:9084-90 pubmed publisher..The formation of bisretinoid is accentuated in some forms of retinal degeneration. The detection of a novel bisretinoid fluorophore that is a conjugate of all-trans-retinal and glycerophosphoethanolamine is reported...