Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on luminescent proteins in California, United States
Locale: California, United States
Topic: luminescent proteins
- Christie J, Hitomi K, Arvai A, Hartfield K, Mettlen M, Pratt A, et al. Structural tuning of the fluorescent protein iLOV for improved photostability. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:22295-304 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a framework for structural fine-tuning of LOV scaffold proteins to maximize their potential as oxygen-independent fluorescent reporters. ..
- Nishimura N, Bannykh S, Slabough S, Matteson J, Altschuler Y, Hahn K, et al. A di-acidic (DXE) code directs concentration of cargo during export from the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:15937-46 pubmed..We propose that two sequential steps are required for efficient export from the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Toni N, Laplagne D, Zhao C, Lombardi G, Ribak C, Gage F, et al. Neurons born in the adult dentate gyrus form functional synapses with target cells. Nat Neurosci. 2008;11:901-7 pubmed publisher..Our structural and functional evidence indicates that axons of adult-born granule cells establish synapses with hilar interneurons, mossy cells and CA3 pyramidal cells and release glutamate as their main neurotransmitter. ..
- Biteen J, Thompson M, Tselentis N, Bowman G, Shapiro L, Moerner W. Super-resolution imaging in live Caulobacter crescentus cells using photoswitchable EYFP. Nat Methods. 2008;5:947-9 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrated that EYFP is a useful emitter for in vivo super-resolution imaging. ..
- Yoo J, Moyer B, Bannykh S, Yoo H, Riordan J, Balch W. Non-conventional trafficking of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator through the early secretory pathway. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:11401-9 pubmed
- Scappaticci F, Smith R, Pathak A, Schloss D, Lum B, Cao Y, et al. Combination angiostatin and endostatin gene transfer induces synergistic antiangiogenic activity in vitro and antitumor efficacy in leukemia and solid tumors in mice. Mol Ther. 2001;3:186-96 pubmed..The data also suggest that novel combinations of antiangiogenic factors delivered into tumors require further investigation as therapeutic modalities. ..
- Kanda T, Sullivan K, Wahl G. Histone-GFP fusion protein enables sensitive analysis of chromosome dynamics in living mammalian cells. Curr Biol. 1998;8:377-85 pubmed
- Dhaka A, Uzzell V, Dubin A, Mathur J, Petrus M, Bandell M, et al. TRPV1 is activated by both acidic and basic pH. J Neurosci. 2009;29:153-8 pubmed publisher..Our studies show that TRPV1 detects both acidic and basic deviations from homeostatic pH. ..
- Lee A, Falkow S. Constitutive and inducible green fluorescent protein expression in Bartonella henselae. Infect Immun. 1998;66:3964-7 pubmed..Promoter fusions of B. henselae chromosomal DNA to gfp were examined by flow cytometry, and a B. henselae groEL promoter fusion which induced expression at 37 degreesC was isolated. ..
- Kehlenbach R, Dickmanns A, Gerace L. Nucleocytoplasmic shuttling factors including Ran and CRM1 mediate nuclear export of NFAT In vitro. J Cell Biol. 1998;141:863-74 pubmed..Considered together, our studies directly demonstrate by fractionation and reconstitution that nuclear export of NFAT is mediated by multiple nucleocytoplasmic shuttling factors, including Ran and CRM1. ..
- Licht S, Sonnleitner A, Weiss S, Schultz P. A rugged energy landscape mechanism for trapping of transmembrane receptors during endocytosis. Biochemistry. 2003;42:2916-25 pubmed..This mechanism, which allows efficient trapping to coexist with rapid exchange, may also be relevant to other biological processes involving binding in heterogeneous chemical environments. ..
- Chu J, Haynes R, Corbel S, Li P, Gonzalez Gonzalez E, Burg J, et al. Non-invasive intravital imaging of cellular differentiation with a bright red-excitable fluorescent protein. Nat Methods. 2014;11:572-8 pubmed publisher..We show that mCardinal can be used to non-invasively and longitudinally visualize the differentiation of myoblasts into myocytes in living mice with high anatomical detail. ..
- Conboy M, Cyert M. Luv1p/Rki1p/Tcs3p/Vps54p, a yeast protein that localizes to the late Golgi and early endosome, is required for normal vacuolar morphology. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:2429-43 pubmed..Computer analysis predicts a short coiled-coil domain in Luv1p. We propose that this protein maintains traffic through or the integrity of the early endosome and that this function is required for proper vacuolar morphology. ..
- Bonger K, Chen L, Liu C, Wandless T. Small-molecule displacement of a cryptic degron causes conditional protein degradation. Nat Chem Biol. 2011;7:531-7 pubmed publisher..Structure-function studies of the 19-residue peptide showed that a 4-amino-acid sequence within the peptide is responsible for degradation. ..
- Shin M, Moghadam S, Sekirnjak C, Bagnall M, Kolkman K, Jacobs R, et al. Multiple types of cerebellar target neurons and their circuitry in the vestibulo-ocular reflex. J Neurosci. 2011;31:10776-86 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the cerebellum regulates a simple reflex behavior via at least five different cell types that are postsynaptic to Purkinje cells. ..
- Dorrell M, Aguilar E, Friedlander M. Retinal vascular development is mediated by endothelial filopodia, a preexisting astrocytic template and specific R-cadherin adhesion. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2002;43:3500-10 pubmed
- Tran Cao H, Bouvet M, Kaushal S, Keleman A, Romney E, Kim G, et al. Metronomic gemcitabine in combination with sunitinib inhibits multisite metastasis and increases survival in an orthotopic model of pancreatic cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2010;9:2068-78 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest the potential of this therapeutic paradigm against pancreatic cancer in the adjuvant and maintenance settings. ..
- Rafelski S, Theriot J. Bacterial shape and ActA distribution affect initiation of Listeria monocytogenes actin-based motility. Biophys J. 2005;89:2146-58 pubmed..Over time, saltatory motility and sensitivity to the immediate environment decreased as bacterial movement became robust at a constant steady-state speed. ..
- Shaner N, Lin M, McKeown M, Steinbach P, Hazelwood K, Davidson M, et al. Improving the photostability of bright monomeric orange and red fluorescent proteins. Nat Methods. 2008;5:545-51 pubmed publisher..and TagRFP (a monomeric derivative of eqFP578 from Entacmaea quadricolor) that maintain most of the beneficial qualities of the original proteins and perform as reliably as Aequorea victoria GFP derivatives in fusion constructs. ..
- Kudo T, Jeknic S, Macklin D, Akhter S, Hughey J, Regot S, et al. Live-cell measurements of kinase activity in single cells using translocation reporters. Nat Protoc. 2018;13:155-169 pubmed publisher..We provide detailed guidance for a computational analysis and parameterization pipeline. The entire procedure, from virus production to data analysis, can be completed in ∼10 d. ..
- Grifman M, Trepel M, Speece P, Gilbert L, Arap W, Pasqualini R, et al. Incorporation of tumor-targeting peptides into recombinant adeno-associated virus capsids. Mol Ther. 2001;3:964-75 pubmed..Based on this work and previous studies, possible strategies for achieving in vivo targeting of recombinant AAV-2 are discussed. ..
- Maynard Smith L, Chen L, Banaszynski L, Ooi A, Wandless T. A directed approach for engineering conditional protein stability using biologically silent small molecules. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:24866-72 pubmed..We then performed an unbiased microarray analysis of NIH3T3 cells treated with various concentrations of Shield-1. These studies show that Shield-1 does not elicit appreciable cellular responses. ..
- Ray P, Tsien R, Gambhir S. Construction and validation of improved triple fusion reporter gene vectors for molecular imaging of living subjects. Cancer Res. 2007;67:3085-93 pubmed..This improved triple fusion reporter vector will enable high sensitivity detection of lower numbers of cells from living animals using the combined bioluminescence, fluorescence, and microPET imaging techniques. ..
- Kempadoo K, Touriño C, Cho S, Magnani F, LEINNINGER G, Stuber G, et al. Hypothalamic neurotensin projections promote reward by enhancing glutamate transmission in the VTA. J Neurosci. 2013;33:7618-26 pubmed publisher..The striking behavioral and electrophysiological effects of NT and glutamate highlight the LH to VTA pathway as an important component of reward. ..
- Han K, Jaimovich A, Dey G, Ruggero D, Meyuhas O, Sonenberg N, et al. Parallel measurement of dynamic changes in translation rates in single cells. Nat Methods. 2014;11:86-93 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that dynamic measurements of single-cell activities of translation regulatory motifs can be used to identify and investigate fundamental principles of translation. ..
- Feuer R, Mena I, Pagarigan R, Slifka M, Whitton J. Cell cycle status affects coxsackievirus replication, persistence, and reactivation in vitro. J Virol. 2002;76:4430-40 pubmed
- Curran M, Ochoa M, Molano R, Pileggi A, Inverardi L, Kenyon N, et al. Efficient transduction of pancreatic islets by feline immunodeficiency virus vectors1. Transplantation. 2002;74:299-306 pubmed..FIV transduction is a nontoxic and efficient method to genetically modify pancreatic islets and may prove promising for delivering genes to augment islet survival after transplantation. ..
- Lee S, Padmanabhan P, Ray P, Gambhir S, Doyle T, Contag C, et al. Stem cell-mediated accelerated bone healing observed with in vivo molecular and small animal imaging technologies in a model of skeletal injury. J Orthop Res. 2009;27:295-302 pubmed publisher..Imaging can in the future help establish therapeutic strategies including dosage and administration route. ..
- Banaszynski L, Chen L, Maynard Smith L, Ooi A, Wandless T. A rapid, reversible, and tunable method to regulate protein function in living cells using synthetic small molecules. Cell. 2006;126:995-1004 pubmed..This general strategy for regulating protein stability should enable conditional perturbation of specific proteins with unprecedented control in a variety of experimental settings. ..
- Berezovska O, Jack C, McLean P, Aster J, Hicks C, Xia W, et al. Aspartate mutations in presenilin and gamma-secretase inhibitors both impair notch1 proteolysis and nuclear translocation with relative preservation of notch1 signaling. J Neurochem. 2000;75:583-93 pubmed..The latter is an important finding from the perspective of therapeutic treatment of Alzheimer's disease by targeting gamma-secretase processing of APP to reduce Abeta production. ..
- Paz J, Davidson T, Frechette E, Delord B, Parada I, Peng K, et al. Closed-loop optogenetic control of thalamus as a tool for interrupting seizures after cortical injury. Nat Neurosci. 2013;16:64-70 pubmed publisher..This approach is of therapeutic interest for intractable epilepsy, as it spares cortical function between seizures, in contrast with existing treatments, such as surgical lesioning or drugs. ..
- Zheng S, Damoiseaux R, Chen L, Black D. A broadly applicable high-throughput screening strategy identifies new regulators of Dlg4 (Psd-95) alternative splicing. Genome Res. 2013;23:998-1007 pubmed publisher..These results identify multiple new regulators of Dlg4 splicing, and validate an approach to isolating splicing regulators for almost any cassette exon from libraries of cDNAs, shRNAs, or small molecules. ..
- Chou F, Hill J, Hsieh J, Pouyssegur J, Brunet A, Glading A, et al. PEA-15 binding to ERK1/2 MAPKs is required for its modulation of integrin activation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:52587-97 pubmed publisher..Thus, ERK1/2 are the Raf effectors for suppression of integrin activation, and PEA-15 reverses suppression by binding ERK1/2...
- Niell C, Meyer M, Smith S. In vivo imaging of synapse formation on a growing dendritic arbor. Nat Neurosci. 2004;7:254-60 pubmed..These findings support a 'synaptotropic model' in which synapse formation can direct dendrite arborization. ..
- Huang L, Ichimaru E, Pestonjamasp K, Cui X, Nakamura H, Lo G, et al. Merlin differs from moesin in binding to F-actin and in its intra- and intermolecular interactions. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;248:548-53 pubmed..Merlin 1 function in cells may thus depend on intra- and intermolecular interactions and their modulation, which include interactions with other members of this protein family. ..
- Wen F, Cecena G, Munoz Ritchie V, Fuchs E, Chambon P, Oshima R. Expression of conditional cre recombinase in epithelial tissues of transgenic mice. Genesis. 2003;35:100-6 pubmed..This study demonstrates that the tissue-specific, position-independent transcriptional activity of the K18 gene is not compromised by the use of an IRES element for the expression of a second protein from a bicistronic mRNA. ..
- Guo F, Young J, Crawford N. The nitrate transporter AtNRT1.1 (CHL1) functions in stomatal opening and contributes to drought susceptibility in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2003;15:107-17 pubmed..These results identify an anion transporter that functions in stomatal opening and demonstrate that CHL1 supports stomatal function in the presence of nitrate. ..
- Axelrod J. Unipolar membrane association of Dishevelled mediates Frizzled planar cell polarity signaling. Genes Dev. 2001;15:1182-7 pubmed..This transition from symmetric to asymmetric Dsh localization requires Dsh function, and reflects an amplification process that generates a steep intracellular activity gradient necessary to determine PCP. ..
- Ma H, Xiong H, Liu T, Zhang L, Godzik A, Zhang Z. Aggregate formation and synaptic abnormality induced by DSCR1. J Neurochem. 2004;88:1485-96 pubmed..This study identifies a novel function of DSCR1 that may underlie DS neuropathology. ..
- Sedbrook J, Carroll K, Hung K, Masson P, Somerville C. The Arabidopsis SKU5 gene encodes an extracellular glycosyl phosphatidylinositol-anchored glycoprotein involved in directional root growth. Plant Cell. 2002;14:1635-48 pubmed..Our observations suggest that SKU5 affects two directional growth processes, possibly by participating in cell wall expansion. ..
- Land B, Narayanan N, Liu R, Gianessi C, Brayton C, Grimaldi D, et al. Medial prefrontal D1 dopamine neurons control food intake. Nat Neurosci. 2014;17:248-53 pubmed publisher..Finally, photostimulating these axons in the mBLA is sufficient to increase feeding, recapitulating the effects of mPFC D1 stimulation. These data describe a new circuit for top-down control of food intake. ..
- Jacobs C, Domian I, Maddock J, Shapiro L. Cell cycle-dependent polar localization of an essential bacterial histidine kinase that controls DNA replication and cell division. Cell. 1999;97:111-20 pubmed..Thus, dynamic changes in cellular location of critical signal proteins provide a novel mechanism for the control of the prokaryote cell cycle...
- Tzima E, Kiosses W, Del Pozo M, Schwartz M. Localized cdc42 activation, detected using a novel assay, mediates microtubule organizing center positioning in endothelial cells in response to fluid shear stress. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:31020-3 pubmed..Thus, shear-stimulated integrin dynamics induce polarized Cdc42 activity, which induces MTOC localization through the Par6-protein kinase Czeta complex...
- Haddock S, Moline M, Case J. Bioluminescence in the sea. Ann Rev Mar Sci. 2010;2:443-93 pubmed..This review explores recent advances, including the chemical and molecular, phylogenetic and functional, community and oceanographic aspects of bioluminescence. ..
- Segal M, Bloom K, Reed S. Bud6 directs sequential microtubule interactions with the bud tip and bud neck during spindle morphogenesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:3689-702 pubmed..These data support a model whereby Bud6 sequentially cues microtubule capture events at the bud tip followed by capture events at the bud neck, necessary for correct spindle morphogenesis and polarity. ..
- Paz J, Bryant A, Peng K, Fenno L, Yizhar O, Frankel W, et al. A new mode of corticothalamic transmission revealed in the Gria4(-/-) model of absence epilepsy. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:1167-73 pubmed publisher..This mode could be active under other circumstances, representing a previously unknown channel of cortico-thalamo-cortical information processing. ..
- Matsuyama S, Llopis J, Deveraux Q, Tsien R, Reed J. Changes in intramitochondrial and cytosolic pH: early events that modulate caspase activation during apoptosis. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2:318-25 pubmed..These findings indicate that mitochondria-mediated alteration of intracellular pH may be an early event that regulates caspase activation in the mitochondrial pathway for apoptosis. ..
- Segal M, Clarke D, Maddox P, Salmon E, Bloom K, Reed S. Coordinated spindle assembly and orientation requires Clb5p-dependent kinase in budding yeast. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:441-52 pubmed..In contrast, B-type cyclins, Clb3p and Clb4p, though partially redundant with Clb5p for an early role in spindle morphogenesis, preferentially promote spindle assembly. ..
- Kehlenbach R, Dickmanns A, Kehlenbach A, Guan T, Gerace L. A role for RanBP1 in the release of CRM1 from the nuclear pore complex in a terminal step of nuclear export. J Cell Biol. 1999;145:645-57 pubmed
- Khambata Ford S, Liu Y, Gleason C, Dickson M, Altman R, Batzoglou S, et al. Identification of promoter regions in the human genome by using a retroviral plasmid library-based functional reporter gene assay. Genome Res. 2003;13:1765-74 pubmed..This method promises to be a useful genome-wide function-based approach that can complement existing methods to look for promoters. ..
- Kim H, Raphael A, LADOW E, McGurk L, Weber R, Trojanowski J, et al. Therapeutic modulation of eIF2? phosphorylation rescues TDP-43 toxicity in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis disease models. Nat Genet. 2014;46:152-60 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the dysfunction induced by prolonged stress granule formation might contribute directly to ALS and that compounds that mitigate this process may represent a novel therapeutic approach. ..
- Aschenbrenner L, Lee T, Hasson T. Myo6 facilitates the translocation of endocytic vesicles from cell peripheries. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:2728-43 pubmed
- Stehbens S, Paszek M, Pemble H, Ettinger A, Gierke S, Wittmann T. CLASPs link focal-adhesion-associated microtubule capture to localized exocytosis and adhesion site turnover. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:561-73 pubmed publisher..We propose that CLASPs couple microtubule organization, vesicle transport and cell interactions with the ECM, establishing a local secretion pathway that facilitates FA turnover by severing cell-matrix connections...
- Balboa M, Shirai Y, Gaietta G, Ellisman M, Balsinde J, Dennis E. Localization of group V phospholipase A2 in caveolin-enriched granules in activated P388D1 macrophage-like cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:48059-65 pubmed
- Valdivia R, Falkow S. Bacterial genetics by flow cytometry: rapid isolation of Salmonella typhimurium acid-inducible promoters by differential fluorescence induction. Mol Microbiol. 1996;22:367-78 pubmed..This suggests that while low pH is a relevant inducer of intracellular gene expression, additional stimuli in the macrophage can modulate the expression of acid-inducible genes. ..
- Tasic B, Miyamichi K, Hippenmeyer S, Dani V, Zeng H, Joo W, et al. Extensions of MADM (mosaic analysis with double markers) in mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33332 pubmed publisher..The advances described in this study expand current, and enable new and more versatile applications of MADM. ..
- Porpiglia E, Samusik N, Van Ho A, Cosgrove B, Mai T, Davis K, et al. High-resolution myogenic lineage mapping by single-cell mass cytometry. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:558-567 pubmed publisher..Our studies uncover the dynamics of skeletal muscle regeneration in vivo and pave the way for the elucidation of the regulatory networks that underlie cell-state transitions in muscle diseases and ageing...
- Zhang Y, Okada A, Lew C, McConnell S. Regulated nuclear trafficking of the homeodomain protein otx1 in cortical neurons. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2002;19:430-46 pubmed..These results suggest that ventricular cells actively sequester Otx1 in the cytoplasm, either by preventing nuclear import or by promoting a balance of export over import signals. ..
- Lam A, St Pierre F, Gong Y, Marshall J, Cranfill P, Baird M, et al. Improving FRET dynamic range with bright green and red fluorescent proteins. Nat Methods. 2012;9:1005-12 pubmed publisher..These improvements enhance detection of transient biochemical events such as neuronal action-potential firing and RhoA activation in growth cones. ..
- Wang H, Rapp U, Reed J. Bcl-2 targets the protein kinase Raf-1 to mitochondria. Cell. 1996;87:629-38 pubmed..Bcl-2 can therefore target Raf-1 to mitochondrial membranes, allowing this kinase to phosphorylate BAD or possibly other protein substrates involved in apoptosis regulation. ..
- Rudge S, Anderson D, Emr S. Vacuole size control: regulation of PtdIns(3,5)P2 levels by the vacuole-associated Vac14-Fig4 complex, a PtdIns(3,5)P2-specific phosphatase. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:24-36 pubmed..Our studies indicate that Vac14 both positively regulates Fab1 kinase activity and directs the localization/activation of the Fig4 PtdIns(3,5)P2 phosphatase. ..
- Lee H, Dunzendorfer S, Tobias P. Cytoplasmic domain-mediated dimerizations of toll-like receptor 4 observed by beta-lactamase enzyme fragment complementation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:10564-74 pubmed..These findings broaden our understanding of TLR self-interactions as well as heterodimer formation. ..
- Tubbs J, Tainer J, Getzoff E. Crystallographic structures of Discosoma red fluorescent protein with immature and mature chromophores: linking peptide bond trans-cis isomerization and acylimine formation in chromophore maturation. Biochemistry. 2005;44:9833-40 pubmed
- Lavoie C, Meerloo T, Lin P, Farquhar M. Calnuc, an EF-hand Ca(2+)-binding protein, is stored and processed in the Golgi and secreted by the constitutive-like pathway in AtT20 cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:2462-74 pubmed..Together, these observations indicate that calnuc has a unique itinerary as it is retained in the Golgi and is then constitutively secreted extracellularly where it may influence cell behavior via its Ca(2+)-binding properties. ..
- Inoue T, Meyer T. Synthetic activation of endogenous PI3K and Rac identifies an AND-gate switch for cell polarization and migration. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3068 pubmed publisher..This AND-gate control for cell polarization can explain how Rac can be employed for both PI3K-dependent and -independent signaling pathways coexisting in the same cell. ..
- Han Y, Chung C, Wessels D, Stephens S, Titus M, Soll D, et al. Requirement of a vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein family member for cell adhesion, the formation of filopodia, and chemotaxis in dictyostelium. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:49877-87 pubmed..Our results provide new insights into the function of DdVASP in controlling the actin cytoskeleton during chemotaxis and filopodia formation. ..
- Rousset R, Mack J, Wharton K, Axelrod J, Cadigan K, Fish M, et al. Naked cuticle targets dishevelled to antagonize Wnt signal transduction. Genes Dev. 2001;15:658-71 pubmed..Our results suggest that Nkd acts directly through Dsh to limit Wg activity and thus determines how efficiently Wnt signals stabilize Armadillo (Arm)/beta-catenin and activate downstream genes. ..
- Xiao B, Dubin A, Bursulaya B, Viswanath V, Jegla T, Patapoutian A. Identification of transmembrane domain 5 as a critical molecular determinant of menthol sensitivity in mammalian TRPA1 channels. J Neurosci. 2008;28:9640-51 pubmed publisher..These data suggest separable structural requirements for modulation of TRPA1 by covalent and nonreactive molecules. Whether this region is involved in binding or gating of TRPA1 channels is discussed...
- Friedrichsen D, Joazeiro C, Li J, Hunter T, Chory J. Brassinosteroid-insensitive-1 is a ubiquitously expressed leucine-rich repeat receptor serine/threonine kinase. Plant Physiol. 2000;123:1247-56 pubmed..Therefore, we conclude that BRI1 is a ubiquitously expressed leucine-rich repeat receptor that plays a role in BR signaling through Ser/Thr phosphorylation. ..
- Kim S, Hayashi M, Lo J, Yang Y, Yoo J, Lee J. ADP-ribosylation factor 4 small GTPase mediates epidermal growth factor receptor-dependent phospholipase D2 activation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:2661-8 pubmed..Our findings indicate that ARF4 is a critical molecule that directly regulates cellular PLD2 activity and that this ARF4-mediated PLD2 activation stimulates AP-1-dependent transcription in the EGF-induced cellular response. ..
- Jones F, Meech R, Edelman D, Oakey R, Jones P. Prx1 controls vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and tenascin-C expression and is upregulated with Prx2 in pulmonary vascular disease. Circ Res. 2001;89:131-8 pubmed..These findings support the hypothesis that Prx genes are regulated by changes in SMC adhesion and play key morphoregulatory roles during the development and progression of pulmonary vascular disease in adults. ..
- Harrison F, Yeagy B, Rocca C, Kohn D, Salomon D, Cherqui S. Hematopoietic stem cell gene therapy for the multisystemic lysosomal storage disorder cystinosis. Mol Ther. 2013;21:433-44 pubmed publisher..This transfer led to cystine decreases in Ctns-deficient cells in vitro. These data suggest that the mechanism of cross-correction is possible in cystinosis...
- Prekeris R, Yang B, Oorschot V, Klumperman J, Scheller R. Differential roles of syntaxin 7 and syntaxin 8 in endosomal trafficking. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:3891-908 pubmed..In contrast, syntaxin 8 is likely to function in clathrin-independent vesicular transport and membrane fusion events necessary for protein transport from EEs to LEs. ..
- Krey J, Paşca S, Shcheglovitov A, Yazawa M, Schwemberger R, RASMUSSON R, et al. Timothy syndrome is associated with activity-dependent dendritic retraction in rodent and human neurons. Nat Neurosci. 2013;16:201-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Ca(V)1.2 can activate RhoA signaling independently of Ca(2+) and provide insights into the cellular basis of Timothy syndrome and other ASDs. ..
- Toyo oka K, Shionoya A, Gambello M, Cardoso C, Leventer R, Ward H, et al. 14-3-3epsilon is important for neuronal migration by binding to NUDEL: a molecular explanation for Miller-Dieker syndrome. Nat Genet. 2003;34:274-85 pubmed..3 deletions. ..
- Yachi P, Ampudia J, Gascoigne N, Zal T. Nonstimulatory peptides contribute to antigen-induced CD8-T cell receptor interaction at the immunological synapse. Nat Immunol. 2005;6:785-92 pubmed..Thus, the interaction of CD8 with a nonstimulatory peptide-MHC complex helps mediate T cell recognition of antigen, improving the coreceptor function of CD8. ..
- Du L, Nakamura T, Moser B, Russell P. Retention but not recruitment of Crb2 at double-strand breaks requires Rad1 and Rad3 complexes. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:6150-8 pubmed
- Peelle B, Gururaja T, Payan D, Anderson D. Characterization and use of green fluorescent proteins from Renilla mulleri and Ptilosarcus guernyi for the human cell display of functional peptides. J Protein Chem. 2001;20:507-19 pubmed
- Chia P, Patel M, Shen K. NAB-1 instructs synapse assembly by linking adhesion molecules and F-actin to active zone proteins. Nat Neurosci. 2012;15:234-42 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we identify a role for the actin cytoskeleton during presynaptic development and characterize a molecular pathway whereby NAB-1 links synaptic partner recognition to active zone assembly. ..
- Dreier B, Beerli R, Segal D, Flippin J, Barbas C. Development of zinc finger domains for recognition of the 5'-ANN-3' family of DNA sequences and their use in the construction of artificial transcription factors. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:29466-78 pubmed
- Chuang T, Schleef R. Identification of a nuclear targeting domain in the insertion between helices C and D in protease inhibitor-10. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:11194-8 pubmed..These data raise the possibility that PI-10 may play a role in regulating protease activity within the nucleus, a property unique in the field of serpin biology. ..
- Rosell F, Boxer S. Polarized absorption spectra of green fluorescent protein single crystals: transition dipole moment directions. Biochemistry. 2003;42:177-83 pubmed