Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on insect hormones in New Jersey, United States
Locale: New Jersey, United States
Topic: insect hormones
- Peifer M, Wieschaus E. The segment polarity gene armadillo encodes a functionally modular protein that is the Drosophila homolog of human plakoglobin. Cell. 1990;63:1167-76 pubmed..We present a possible model for the cellular role of arm. ..
- Suter B, Romberg L, Steward R. Bicaudal-D, a Drosophila gene involved in developmental asymmetry: localized transcript accumulation in ovaries and sequence similarity to myosin heavy chain tail domains. Genes Dev. 1989;3:1957-68 pubmed..The predicted protein contains several extended amphipathic helices, and its similarity to myosin heavy chain tails, paramyosin, and kinesin suggests a similar type of coiled-coil protein interaction. ..
- Riggleman B, Wieschaus E, Schedl P. Molecular analysis of the armadillo locus: uniformly distributed transcripts and a protein with novel internal repeats are associated with a Drosophila segment polarity gene. Genes Dev. 1989;3:96-113 pubmed..Considering these results and previous genetic observations, we discuss potential roles for the arm gene in pattern formation processes. ..
- Roth S, Neuman Silberberg F, Barcelo G, Sch pbach T. cornichon and the EGF receptor signaling process are necessary for both anterior-posterior and dorsal-ventral pattern formation in Drosophila. Cell. 1995;81:967-78 pubmed
- Schupbach T, Roth S. Dorsoventral patterning in Drosophila oogenesis. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 1994;4:502-7 pubmed..This localized signal from the oocyte to the follicle cells appears to initiate a cascade of events leading to dorsal follicle cell differentiation, and delimiting and orienting the future dorsoventral axis of the embryo. ..
- Roth S. Axis determination. Proteolytic generation of a morphogen. Curr Biol. 1994;4:755-7 pubmed..Ventral activation of a transmembrane receptor, Toll, is a crucial step in dorsoventral axis establishment in Drosophila embryos. The ventral ligand for Toll seems to be a proteolytic fragment of the Spätzle protein. ..
- Gavis E. Pattern formation. Gurken meets torpedo for the first time. Curr Biol. 1995;5:1252-4 pubmed..Intercellular communication between oocyte and follicle cells, mediated by the gurken-torpedo/DER signalling pathway, has a crucial role in determining both anterior-posterior and dorsal-ventral polarity in Drosophila. ..