Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on in situ hybridization in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Topic: in situ hybridization
Publications271 found, 100 shown here
- Ruiz i Altaba A, Jessell T, Roelink H. Restrictions to floor plate induction by hedgehog and winged-helix genes in the neural tube of frog embryos. Mol Cell Neurosci. 1995;6:106-21 pubmed..The ability of winged-helix and vertebrate hedgehog genes to induce floor plate differentiation in vivo may, therefore, be constrained by additional signals that specify the time and position of floor plate differentiation. ..
- Feng L, Hatten M, Heintz N. Brain lipid-binding protein (BLBP): a novel signaling system in the developing mammalian CNS. Neuron. 1994;12:895-908 pubmed..Based on these results, we propose that BLBP is required for the establishment of the radial glial fiber system in developing brain, a system that is necessary for the migration of immature neurons to establish cortical layers. ..
- Kloss B, Price J, Saez L, Blau J, Rothenfluh A, Wesley C, et al. The Drosophila clock gene double-time encodes a protein closely related to human casein kinase Iepsilon. Cell. 1998;94:97-107 pubmed..DBT is capable of binding to PER in vitro and in Drosophila cells, suggesting that a physical association of PER and DBT regulates PER phosphorylation and accumulation in vivo. ..
- Bekirov I, Needleman L, Zhang W, Benson D. Identification and localization of multiple classic cadherins in developing rat limbic system. Neuroscience. 2002;115:213-27 pubmed..Our data indicate that classic cadherins are sufficiently diverse and differentially distributed to support a role in cell surface recognition and adhesion during the formation of limbic system connectivity. ..
- Szabolcs M, Keniry M, Simpson L, Reid L, Koujak S, Schiff S, et al. Irs2 inactivation suppresses tumor progression in Pten+/- mice. Am J Pathol. 2009;174:276-86 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence that the PI3K-activating adaptor Irs2 contributes to tumor progression in Pten(+/-) mice by stimulating both Myc and DNA synthesis. ..
- Marcucci F, Zou D, Firestein S. Sequential onset of presynaptic molecules during olfactory sensory neuron maturation. J Comp Neurol. 2009;516:187-98 pubmed publisher..In addition, contact with the targets in the olfactory bulb is not controlling presynaptic protein gene expression, suggesting that olfactory sensory neurons follow an intrinsic program of development. ..
- Radu A, Pichon C, Camparo P, Antoine M, Allory Y, Couvelard A, et al. Expression of follicle-stimulating hormone receptor in tumor blood vessels. N Engl J Med. 2010;363:1621-30 pubmed publisher..FSH receptor is selectively expressed on the surface of the blood vessels of a wide range of tumors. (Funded by INSERM.). ..
- Laub F, Aldabe R, Ramirez F, Friedman S. Embryonic expression of Krüppel-like factor 6 in neural and non-neural tissues. Mech Dev. 2001;106:167-70 pubmed..In contrast to klf7, we also identified several non-neural sites of strong klf6 expression; they include the developing hindgut, heart, lung, kidney, and autopod. ..
- Valenzuela D, Maisonpierre P, Glass D, Rojas E, Nunez L, Kong Y, et al. Alternative forms of rat TrkC with different functional capabilities. Neuron. 1993;10:963-74 pubmed..Finally, forms of TrkC containing insertions within the kinase domain retain their ability to autophosphorylate in response to neurotrophin-3, but cannot mediate proliferation in fibroblasts or neuronal differentiation in PC12 cells. ..
- Rhee K, Wolgemuth D. Cdk family genes are expressed not only in dividing but also in terminally differentiated mouse germ cells, suggesting their possible function during both cell division and differentiation. Dev Dyn. 1995;204:406-20 pubmed..These results suggest that Cdk family kinases may exhibit various functions in germinal and somatic cells during gametogenesis, not only in the cell cycle but also in other regulatory processes, including differentiation. ..
- Zou H, Wieser R, Massague J, Niswander L. Distinct roles of type I bone morphogenetic protein receptors in the formation and differentiation of cartilage. Genes Dev. 1997;11:2191-203 pubmed..Our studies indicate that in TGF beta signaling systems, different type I receptor isoforms are dedicated to specific functions during embryogenesis. ..
- Dabovic B, Chen Y, Colarossi C, Zambuto L, Obata H, Rifkin D. Bone defects in latent TGF-beta binding protein (Ltbp)-3 null mice; a role for Ltbp in TGF-beta presentation. J Endocrinol. 2002;175:129-41 pubmed..This suggests that Ltbp-3 may control chondrocyte differentiation by regulating TGF-beta availability. TGF-beta may regulate PTHrP expression either downstream of Ihh or independently of Ihh signaling. ..
- Frischer J, Huang J, Serur A, Kadenhe A, Yamashiro D, Kandel J. Biomolecular markers and involution of hemangiomas. J Pediatr Surg. 2004;39:400-4 pubmed..Thus, distinct patterns of morphology and angiogenic factor expression characterize vascular anomalies with different clinical behaviors. ..
- Colarossi C, Chen Y, Obata H, Jurukovski V, Fontana L, Dabovic B, et al. Lung alveolar septation defects in Ltbp-3-null mice. Am J Pathol. 2005;167:419-28 pubmed..These results indicate that in the absence of Ltbp-3, a temporary decrease in TGF-beta signaling in the lungs at days 4 to 6 alters cell proliferation, correlating with inhibition of septation and developmental emphysema. ..
- Maisonpierre P, Barrezueta N, Yancopoulos G. Ehk-1 and Ehk-2: two novel members of the Eph receptor-like tyrosine kinase family with distinctive structures and neuronal expression. Oncogene. 1993;8:3277-88 pubmed..RNA in situ hybridization analyses on adult brain show that the Ehks are predominantly expressed in neurons and display overlapping, but distinct patterns of expression in various neuronal populations. ..
- Tiedge H, Chen W, Brosius J. Primary structure, neural-specific expression, and dendritic location of human BC200 RNA. J Neurosci. 1993;13:2382-90 pubmed..These results indicate that BC1 RNA and BC200 RNA, although of different evolutionary pedigree, may play analogous functional roles, in rodents and primates, respectively, in somatodendritic domains of nerve cells. ..
- Zheng L, Ojcius D, Young J. Perforin-expressing cells during spontaneous abortion. Biol Reprod. 1993;48:1014-9 pubmed..Small perforin-positive cells were observed near the aborting conceptus in about 5% of the cases. However, it is not known whether their presence was the result or the cause of abortion. ..
- Wright T, Johnston C, Harmsen A, Finkelstein J. Analysis of cytokine mRNA profiles in the lungs of Pneumocystis carinii-infected mice. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 1997;17:491-500 pubmed..carinii infection. ..
- Persson J, Zhang Q, Wang X, Ravnik S, Muhlrad S, Wolgemuth D. Distinct roles for the mammalian A-type cyclins during oogenesis. Reproduction. 2005;130:411-22 pubmed..These results suggest that in the female germ line, cyclin A2 but not cyclin A1 has distinct roles in both mitosis and meiosis. ..
- Wang W, Van de Water T, Lufkin T. Inner ear and maternal reproductive defects in mice lacking the Hmx3 homeobox gene. Development. 1998;125:621-34 pubmed..Interestingly, expression of both Hmx1 and Hmx2 is downregulated in the Hmx3 null uterus, suggesting a hierarchical relationship among the three Hmx genes during pregnancy. ..
- DeChiara T, Kimble R, Poueymirou W, Rojas J, Masiakowski P, Valenzuela D, et al. Ror2, encoding a receptor-like tyrosine kinase, is required for cartilage and growth plate development. Nat Genet. 2000;24:271-4 pubmed..Thus, Ror2 encodes a receptor-like tyrosine kinase that is selectively expressed in, and particularly important for, the chondrocyte lineage. ..
- Davenport T, Jerome Majewska L, Papaioannou V. Mammary gland, limb and yolk sac defects in mice lacking Tbx3, the gene mutated in human ulnar mammary syndrome. Development. 2003;130:2263-73 pubmed
- Crowley T, Brunori M, Rhee K, Wang X, Wolgemuth D. Change in nuclear-cytoplasmic localization of a double-bromodomain protein during proliferation and differentiation of mouse spinal cord and dorsal root ganglia. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2004;149:93-101 pubmed..Our findings are also consistent with the cell cycle progression/transcription coactivator function suggested by the association of Brd2 with E2F-1 and E2F-2. ..
- Roselli Rehfuss L, Ye F, Lissemore J, Sullivan D. Structure and expression of the phosphoglycerate kinase (Pgk) gene of Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Gen Genet. 1992;235:213-20 pubmed..The Pgk gene has no TATA box in the region of transcription initiation and has multiple transcription initiation sites that are closely spaced within 110 nucleotides of the translation start site. ..
- Yutzey K, Rhee J, Bader D. Expression of the atrial-specific myosin heavy chain AMHC1 and the establishment of anteroposterior polarity in the developing chicken heart. Development. 1994;120:871-83 pubmed..These data indicate that retinoic acid treatment produces an expansion of the posterior (atrial) domain of the heart and suggests that diversified fates of cardiomyogenic progenitors can be altered. ..
- Maffei M, Fei H, Lee G, Dani C, Leroy P, Zhang Y, et al. Increased expression in adipocytes of ob RNA in mice with lesions of the hypothalamus and with mutations at the db locus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:6957-60 pubmed..The molecules that regulate expression level of the ob gene in adipocytes probably are important in determining body weight, as are the molecules that mediate the effects of ob at its site of action. ..
- Simpson Brose M, Treisman J, Desplan C. Synergy between the hunchback and bicoid morphogens is required for anterior patterning in Drosophila. Cell. 1994;78:855-65 pubmed..bcd may be a newly acquired Drosophila gene, which is gradually replacing some of the functions performed by maternal hb in other species. ..
- Shi Y, Ni J, Xiao G, Liu Y, Fuchs A, Yu G, et al. Antitumor activity of the novel human breast cancer growth inhibitor, mammary-derived growth inhibitor-related gene, MRG. Cancer Res. 1997;57:3084-91 pubmed..These results suggest that MRG has tumor-suppressing activity, and the loss of MRG expression may be involved in the development and progression of breast cancer. ..
- Hu W, Zuo J, De Jager P, Heintz N. The human glutamate receptor delta 2 gene (GRID2) maps to chromosome 4q22. Genomics. 1998;47:143-5 pubmed..The Grid2 gene, which is mutated in lurcher (Lc) mice, maps to mouse chromosome 6. Thus, the mapping of the GRID2 gene to human chromosome 4q22 confirms and refines a region of synteny between mouse and human genomes. ..
- Kohtz J, Baker D, Corte G, Fishell G. Regionalization within the mammalian telencephalon is mediated by changes in responsiveness to Sonic Hedgehog. Development. 1998;125:5079-89 pubmed..This is the embryonic structure from which the striatum is derived. These results suggest that temporally regulated changes in Sonic Hedgehog responsiveness are integral in the sequential induction of basal telencephalic structures. ..
- Srinivas S, Wu Z, Chen C, D AGATI V, Costantini F. Dominant effects of RET receptor misexpression and ligand-independent RET signaling on ureteric bud development. Development. 1999;126:1375-86 pubmed
- Arber S, Han B, Mendelsohn M, Smith M, Jessell T, Sockanathan S. Requirement for the homeobox gene Hb9 in the consolidation of motor neuron identity. Neuron. 1999;23:659-74 pubmed..These findings show that HB9 has an essential function in consolidating the identity of postmitotic MNs. ..
- Kholodilov N, Neystat M, Oo T, Lo S, Larsen K, Sulzer D, et al. Increased expression of rat synuclein in the substantia nigra pars compacta identified by mRNA differential display in a model of developmental target injury. J Neurochem. 1999;73:2586-99 pubmed..We conclude that up-regulation of synuclein in the target injury model is unlikely to mediate apoptotic death and propose that it may be due to a compensatory response in neurons destined to survive. ..
- Zhuang X, Belluscio L, Hen R. G(olf)alpha mediates dopamine D1 receptor signaling. J Neurosci. 2000;20:RC91 pubmed..Finally, in the absence of G(olf)alpha, striatal D1 receptors have a decreased affinity for dopamine. Thus coupling to G(olf)alpha appears to mediate D1 signaling in the striatum. ..
- Shang E, Lai K, Packer A, Paik J, Blaner W, de Morais Vieira M, et al. Targeted disruption of the mouse cis-retinol dehydrogenase gene: visual and nonvisual functions. J Lipid Res. 2002;43:590-7 pubmed..Thus, cRDH may act essentially in the visual cycle but is redundant for catalyzing 9-cis-retinoic acid formation and 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid metabolism. ..
- Ji R, Phoon C, Aristizabal O, McGrath K, Palis J, Turnbull D. Onset of cardiac function during early mouse embryogenesis coincides with entry of primitive erythroblasts into the embryo proper. Circ Res. 2003;92:133-5 pubmed..In situ hybridization revealed an onset of the heartbeat coincident with the appearance of yolk sac-derived erythroblasts in the embryo proper at 5 S. Early maturation of the circulation follows a tightly coordinated program. ..
- Jiang Y, Liu M, Gershon M. Netrins and DCC in the guidance of migrating neural crest-derived cells in the developing bowel and pancreas. Dev Biol. 2003;258:364-84 pubmed..Netrins also promoted the survival/development of enteric crest-derived cells. The formation of submucosal and pancreatic ganglia thus involves the attraction of DCC-expressing crest-derived cells by netrins. ..
- Bhargava R, Lal P, Chen B. HER-2/neu and topoisomerase IIa gene amplification and protein expression in invasive breast carcinomas: chromogenic in situ hybridization and immunohistochemical analyses. Am J Clin Pathol. 2005;123:889-95 pubmed..Identification of topo2a and HER-2 status might have therapeutic and prognostic implications. ..
- McGowan E, Pickford F, Kim J, Onstead L, Eriksen J, Yu C, et al. Abeta42 is essential for parenchymal and vascular amyloid deposition in mice. Neuron. 2005;47:191-199 pubmed publisher..These data establish that Abeta1-42 is essential for amyloid deposition in the parenchyma and also in vessels. ..
- Aravin A, Tuschl T. Identification and characterization of small RNAs involved in RNA silencing. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:5830-40 pubmed..The identification and characterization of small RNAs and their expression patterns is important for elucidating gene regulatory networks. ..
- Etkin A, Alarcon J, Weisberg S, Touzani K, Huang Y, Nordheim A, et al. A role in learning for SRF: deletion in the adult forebrain disrupts LTD and the formation of an immediate memory of a novel context. Neuron. 2006;50:127-43 pubmed
- Marrache F, Pendyala S, Bhagat G, Betz K, Song Z, Wang T. Role of bone marrow-derived cells in experimental chronic pancreatitis. Gut. 2008;57:1113-20 pubmed publisher..In the absence of preneoplastic lesions, BMDCs contribute at a very low level to the ductal epithelium of the chronically inflamed pancreas. The role of BMDCs in pancreatic carcinogenesis remains to be defined. ..
- Miller M, Beushausen S, Cropper E, Eisinger K, Stamm S, Vilim F, et al. The buccalin-related neuropeptides: isolation and characterization of an Aplysia cDNA clone encoding a family of peptide cotransmitters. J Neurosci. 1993;13:3346-57 pubmed..This large family of neuropeptides may exert extraordinarily complex modulatory actions at synapses where they serve as cotransmitters. ..
- Wang W, Lufkin T. The murine Otp homeobox gene plays an essential role in the specification of neuronal cell lineages in the developing hypothalamus. Dev Biol. 2000;227:432-49 pubmed..The involvement of Otp and Sim1 in specifying specific hypothalamic neurosecretory cell lineages is shown to operate via distinct signaling pathways that partially overlap with Brn2. ..
- Stein J, Broihier H, Moore L, Lehmann R. Slow as molasses is required for polarized membrane growth and germ cell migration in Drosophila. Development. 2002;129:3925-34 pubmed
- Galea E, Reis D, Feinstein D. Cloning and expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase from rat astrocytes. J Neurosci Res. 1994;37:406-14 pubmed..These results confirm that astrocytes can express iNOS and provide tools for the subsequent analysis of iNOS gene expression in rodent brain. ..
- Bahary N, McGraw D, Shilling R, Friedman J. Microdissection and microcloning of mid-chromosome 4: genetic mapping of 41 microdissection clones. Genomics. 1993;16:113-22 pubmed
- Santos A, Lehmann R. Isoprenoids control germ cell migration downstream of HMGCoA reductase. Dev Cell. 2004;6:283-93 pubmed..The specificity and evolutionary conservation of the HMGCoAr pathway for germ cells suggest that an attractant common to invertebrates and vertebrates guides germ cells in early embryos. ..
- Cole F, Zhang W, Geyra A, Kang J, Krauss R. Positive regulation of myogenic bHLH factors and skeletal muscle development by the cell surface receptor CDO. Dev Cell. 2004;7:843-54 pubmed..The promyogenic effect of cell-cell contact is therefore linked to the activity of myogenic bHLH factors. Furthermore, the myogenic positive feedback network extends from the cell surface to the nucleus. ..
- Lane M, Kalderon D. RNA localization along the anteroposterior axis of the Drosophila oocyte requires PKA-mediated signal transduction to direct normal microtubule organization. Genes Dev. 1994;8:2986-95 pubmed..Similar RNA mislocalization patterns previously reported for Notch and Delta mutants suggest that PKA transduces a signal for microtubule reorganization that is sent by posteriorly located follicle cells. ..
- Liu J, Jessell T. A role for rhoB in the delamination of neural crest cells from the dorsal neural tube. Development. 1998;125:5055-67 pubmed..These results suggest that rhoB has a role in the delamination of neural crest cells from the dorsal neural tube. ..
- Wu X, Ferrara C, Shapiro E, Grishina I. Bmp7 expression and null phenotype in the urogenital system suggest a role in re-organization of the urethral epithelium. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009;9:224-30 pubmed publisher..Together, our analysis of Bmp7 expression and the null phenotype, indicates that Bmp7 may play an important role in re-organization of the epithelium during cloacal septation and morphogenesis of the genital tubercle...
- Batourina E, Gim S, Bello N, Shy M, Clagett Dame M, Srinivas S, et al. Vitamin A controls epithelial/mesenchymal interactions through Ret expression. Nat Genet. 2001;27:74-8 pubmed..In the first part of the loop, vitamin-A-dependent signals secreted by stromal cells control Ret expression in the ureteric bud. In the second part of the loop, ureteric bud signals dependent on Ret control stromal cell patterning. ..
- Shirke S, Faber S, Hallem E, Makarenkova H, Robinson M, Overbeek P, et al. Misexpression of IGF-I in the mouse lens expands the transitional zone and perturbs lens polarization. Mech Dev. 2001;101:167-74 pubmed
- Domingos P, Obukhanych T, Altmann C, Hemmati Brivanlou A. Cloning and developmental expression of Baf57 in Xenopus laevis. Mech Dev. 2002;116:177-81 pubmed..These results raise the possibility that XBaf57 (or XBaf57-containing chromatin remodelling complexes) may be involved in the process of neural induction during Xenopus embryonic development. ..
- Laub F, Lei L, Sumiyoshi H, Kajimura D, Dragomir C, Smaldone S, et al. Transcription factor KLF7 is important for neuronal morphogenesis in selected regions of the nervous system. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:5699-711 pubmed..KLF7 activity might therefore control neuronal morphogenesis in part by optimizing the levels of molecules that promote axon outgrowth. ..
- Fei H, Okano H, Li C, Lee G, Zhao C, Darnell R, et al. Anatomic localization of alternatively spliced leptin receptors (Ob-R) in mouse brain and other tissues. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:7001-5 pubmed..The obesity in GTG-treated mice is likely to be caused by ablation of Ob-Rb-expressing neurons, which results in leptin resistance. ..
- Loomis C, Kimmel R, Tong C, Michaud J, Joyner A. Analysis of the genetic pathway leading to formation of ectopic apical ectodermal ridges in mouse Engrailed-1 mutant limbs. Development. 1998;125:1137-48 pubmed..This leads to induction of a second zone of compaction ventrally, which in some cases goes on to form an autonomous secondary AER. ..
- Kollmar R, Nakamura S, Kappler J, Hudspeth A. Expression and phylogeny of claudins in vertebrate primordia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:10196-201 pubmed..We propose that tight junctions not only form barriers in mature epithelia, but also participate in vertebrate morphogenesis. ..
- da Cruz e Silva E, Fox C, Ouimet C, Gustafson E, Watson S, Greengard P. Differential expression of protein phosphatase 1 isoforms in mammalian brain. J Neurosci. 1995;15:3375-89 pubmed..PP1 beta appeared to be relatively less abundant in the same cells, as judged both by "in situ" hybridization and by the apparent absence of PP1 beta clones from the striatal cDNA libraries used. ..
- West M, Verrotti A, Sallés F, Tsirka S, Strickland S. Isolation and characterization of two novel, cytoplasmically polyadenylated, oocyte-specific, mouse maternal RNAs. Dev Biol. 1996;175:132-41 pubmed..The tissue specificity and tight temporal regulation of the RNAs suggest a role for these genes during early development. ..
- Shumyatsky G, Tsvetkov E, Malleret G, Vronskaya S, Hatton M, Hampton L, et al. Identification of a signaling network in lateral nucleus of amygdala important for inhibiting memory specifically related to learned fear. Cell. 2002;111:905-18 pubmed..These experiments provide genetic evidence that GRP and its neural circuitry operate as a negative feedback regulating fear and establish a causal relationship between Grpr gene expression, LTP, and amygdala-dependent memory for fear. ..
- Sgaier S, Lao Z, Villanueva M, Berenshteyn F, Stephen D, Turnbull R, et al. Genetic subdivision of the tectum and cerebellum into functionally related regions based on differential sensitivity to engrailed proteins. Development. 2007;134:2325-35 pubmed..Our study suggests that an ;engrailed code' is integral to partitioning the tectum and cerebellum into functional domains. ..
- Brown C. A review of three pathology-based techniques for retrospective diagnosis of rinderpest, with comparison to virus isolation. Res Vet Sci. 1997;63:103-6 pubmed..Immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridisation highlighted the presence of rinderpest antigen of rinderpest nucleic acid in all of the sections. However, in situ hybridisation was more specific than immunohistochemistry...
- Zheng Z, Schmidt Ott K, Chua S, Foster K, Frankel R, Pavlidis P, et al. A Mendelian locus on chromosome 16 determines susceptibility to doxorubicin nephropathy in the mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:2502-7 pubmed..Elucidation of DOX nephropathy may simultaneously provide insight into the pathogenesis of renal failure and mechanisms of cytotoxicity induced by chemotherapeutic agents. ..
- Keller R, Desplan C, Rosenberg M. Identification and characterization of Nasonia Pax genes. Insect Mol Biol. 2010;19 Suppl 1:109-20 pubmed publisher..We report the characterization of the seven Nasonia Pax genes. We describe their genomic organization, and the embryonic expression of three of them, and uncover wider conservation of the octapeptide motif than previously described...
- Dulac C, Axel R. A novel family of genes encoding putative pheromone receptors in mammals. Cell. 1995;83:195-206 pubmed..Moreover, the expression of each member of the gene family is restricted to a small subpopulation of VNO neurons. These genes are likely to encode mammalian pheromone receptors. ..
- Ding I, Sun J, Fenton B, Liu W, Kimsely P, Okunieff P, et al. Intratumoral administration of endostatin plasmid inhibits vascular growth and perfusion in MCa-4 murine mammary carcinomas. Cancer Res. 2001;61:526-31 pubmed..12 +/- 0.16 versus 2.44 +/- 0.35]. Our data suggest that intratumoral delivery of the endostatin gene efficiently suppresses murine mammary carcinoma growth and support the potential utility of the endostatin gene for cancer therapy. ..
- Huang J, Soffer S, Kim E, McCrudden K, Huang J, New T, et al. Vascular remodeling marks tumors that recur during chronic suppression of angiogenesis. Mol Cancer Res. 2004;2:36-42 pubmed..Thus, enhanced vascular stability appears to characterize tumor vessel response to chronic antiangiogenesis, features that potentially support increased perfusion and recurrent tumor growth. ..
- Oo T, Ries V, Cho J, Kholodilov N, Burke R. Anatomical basis of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor expression in the striatum and related basal ganglia during postnatal development of the rat. J Comp Neurol. 2005;484:57-67 pubmed..We conclude that during normal postnatal development, medium-sized neurons are the principal source of GDNF within the striatum. ..
- Mohler J, Mahaffey J, Deutsch E, Vani K. Control of Drosophila head segment identity by the bZIP homeotic gene cnc. Development. 1995;121:237-47 pubmed..This role of homeotic selector genes for the segment-specific maintenance of segment polarity gene expression is a unique feature of segmentation in the preoral head region of Drosophila. ..
- Tanaka H, Abe K, Kim C. Cloning and expression of the quaking gene in the zebrafish embryo. Mech Dev. 1997;69:209-13 pubmed..The insertion of the 123 nucleotide sequence could be related to the acquisition of a neural function for the gene. ..
- Huang D, Chen S, Gudas L. Analysis of two distinct retinoic acid response elements in the homeobox gene Hoxb1 in transgenic mice. Dev Dyn. 2002;223:353-70 pubmed
- Matzkin L, Merritt T, Zhu C, Eanes W. The structure and population genetics of the breakpoints associated with the cosmopolitan chromosomal inversion In(3R)Payne in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2005;170:1143-52 pubmed publisher..The overall pattern of polymorphism is consistent with a recent origin of In(3R)P, on the order of Ne generations. The identification of these breakpoint sequences permits a simple PCR-based screen for In(3R)P...
- Bertuccioli C, Fasano L, Jun S, Wang S, Sheng G, Desplan C. In vivo requirement for the paired domain and homeodomain of the paired segmentation gene product. Development. 1996;122:2673-85 pubmed
- Gibson Brown J, Agulnik S, Chapman D, Alexiou M, Garvey N, Silver L, et al. Evidence of a role for T-box genes in the evolution of limb morphogenesis and the specification of forelimb/hindlimb identity. Mech Dev. 1996;56:93-101 pubmed
- Karatsoreos I, Romeo R, McEwen B, Silver R. Diurnal regulation of the gastrin-releasing peptide receptor in the mouse circadian clock. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;23:1047-53 pubmed..Together, the present findings reveal that changes in GRPr are light driven and not endogenously organized. Diurnal variation in GRPr activity probably underlies intra-SCN signaling important for entrainment and phase shifting. ..
- Garraway S, Xu Q, Inturrisi C. siRNA-mediated knockdown of the NR1 subunit gene of the NMDA receptor attenuates formalin-induced pain behaviors in adult rats. J Pain. 2009;10:380-90 pubmed publisher..This preclinical study demonstrates the use of RNAi to target the expression of genes mediating pain and the therapeutic potential of this approach. ..
- Bach H, Arango V, Huang Y, Leong S, Mann J, Underwood M. Neuronal tryptophan hydroxylase expression in BALB/cJ and C57Bl/6J mice. J Neurochem. 2011;118:1067-74 pubmed publisher..Future studies quantifying expression per neuron are needed to determine whether less expression is explained by fewer neurons or also less expression per neuron, or both. ..
- Chihara D, Nance J. An E-cadherin-mediated hitchhiking mechanism for C. elegans germ cell internalization during gastrulation. Development. 2012;139:2547-56 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that quiescent PGCs employ a post-transcriptionally regulated hitchhiking mechanism to internalize during gastrulation, and demonstrate a morphogenetic role for the conserved association of PGCs with the endoderm. ..
- Duncan S, Manova K, Chen W, Hoodless P, Weinstein D, Bachvarova R, et al. Expression of transcription factor HNF-4 in the extraembryonic endoderm, gut, and nephrogenic tissue of the developing mouse embryo: HNF-4 is a marker for primary endoderm in the implanting blastocyst. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:7598-602 pubmed..This expression pattern suggests that HNF-4 has a role in the earliest stages of murine postimplantation development as well as in organogenesis. ..
- Herrada G, Wolgemuth D. The mouse transcription factor Stat4 is expressed in haploid male germ cells and is present in the perinuclear theca of spermatozoa. J Cell Sci. 1997;110 ( Pt 14):1543-53 pubmed
- Chung S, Zhu L, Mo M, Silvestrini B, Lee W, Cheng C. Evidence for cross-talk between Sertoli and germ cells using selected cathepsins as markers. J Androl. 1998;19:686-703 pubmed..Also, we present evidence suggesting there is cross-talk between Sertoli and germ cells, since the expression of cathepsin L in each cell type is regulated by one another via either soluble factors or cell-cell contact. ..
- Barco A, Alarcon J, Kandel E. Expression of constitutively active CREB protein facilitates the late phase of long-term potentiation by enhancing synaptic capture. Cell. 2002;108:689-703 pubmed..Our analysis indicates that synaptic capture of CRE-driven gene products may be sufficient for consolidation of LTP and provides insight into the molecular mechanisms of synaptic tagging and synapse-specific potentiation. ..
- Tribioli C, Robledo R, Lufkin T. The murine fork head gene Foxn2 is expressed in craniofacial, limb, CNS and somitic tissues during embryogenesis. Mech Dev. 2002;118:161-3 pubmed..The dynamic and specific expression of Foxn2 during embryonic development suggest multiple independent roles for Foxn2 function during gestation. ..
- Tanji K, Bonilla E. Optical imaging techniques (histochemical, immunohistochemical, and in situ hybridization staining methods) to visualize mitochondria. Methods Cell Biol. 2007;80:135-54 pubmed
- Norman D, Feng L, Cheng S, Gubbay J, Chan E, Heintz N. The lurcher gene induces apoptotic death in cerebellar Purkinje cells. Development. 1995;121:1183-93 pubmed..Isolation of the Lc mutation and further analysis of its action in eliciting apoptosis can provide an important opportunity for understanding the etiology of neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Miller C, Sassoon D. Wnt-7a maintains appropriate uterine patterning during the development of the mouse female reproductive tract. Development. 1998;125:3201-11 pubmed
- Liedtke W, Choe Y, Martí Renom M, Bell A, Denis C, Sali A, et al. Vanilloid receptor-related osmotically activated channel (VR-OAC), a candidate vertebrate osmoreceptor. Cell. 2000;103:525-35 pubmed..The channel also occurs in other neurosensory cells, including inner-ear hair cells, sensory neurons, and Merkel cells. ..
- Morales D, Hatten M. Molecular markers of neuronal progenitors in the embryonic cerebellar anlage. J Neurosci. 2006;26:12226-36 pubmed..These results identify molecular pathways that offer new insights on the development of the nuclear and cortical structures of the cerebellum, as well as components of the cerebellar circuitry. ..