Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on immunohistochemistry in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Publications713 found, 100 shown here
- Hughes D, Hanasono M, Nolan W. Juvenile xanthogranuloma of the finger. Pediatr Dermatol. 2006;23:53-5 pubmed..The clinical presentation, diagnosis, and treatment are discussed. ..
- Jaffer S, Orta L, Sunkara S, Sabo E, Burstein D. Immunohistochemical detection of antiapoptotic protein X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis in mammary carcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2007;38:864-70 pubmed..These findings suggest a possible role of XIAP in the more aggressive clinical behavior of grade 3, compared with lower-grade ductal carcinomas. ..
- Ballabh P, Xu H, Hu F, Braun A, Smith K, Rivera A, et al. Angiogenic inhibition reduces germinal matrix hemorrhage. Nat Med. 2007;13:477-85 pubmed..Thus, by suppressing germinal matrix angiogenesis, prenatal celecoxib or ZD6474 treatment may be able to reduce both the incidence and severity of GMH in susceptible premature infants. ..
- Zimov S, Yazulla S. Vanilloid receptor 1 (TRPV1/VR1) co-localizes with fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH) in retinal amacrine cells. Vis Neurosci. 2007;24:581-91 pubmed..Due to the rarity of these cells, the three vanilloid amacrine cell types may be involved in global effects rather than feature extraction, for example: sampling of ambient light or maintaining homeostasis. ..
- Beckett K, Rochlin K, Duan H, Nguyen H, Baylies M. Expression and functional analysis of a novel Fusion Competent Myoblast specific GAL4 driver. Gene Expr Patterns. 2008;8:87-91 pubmed..This novel GAL4 driver will provide a useful reagent to study Drosophila myoblast fusion and muscle differentiation. ..
- Emanuel P, Mannion M, Phelps R. Complete regression of primary malignant melanoma. Am J Dermatopathol. 2008;30:178-81 pubmed publisher..These cases illustrate the histologic features of a completely regressed primary melanoma and add credence to the theory that completely regressed melanoma is associated with a poor outcome...
- Welch M, Tamir H, Gross K, Chen J, Anwar M, Gershon M. Expression and developmental regulation of oxytocin (OT) and oxytocin receptors (OTR) in the enteric nervous system (ENS) and intestinal epithelium. J Comp Neurol. 2009;512:256-70 pubmed publisher..We suggest that OT and OTR signaling might be important in ENS development and function and might play roles in visceral sensory perception and neural modulation of epithelial biology. ..
- Duffy A, Schaner M, Wu S, Staniszewski A, Kumar A, Arevalo J, et al. A selective role for ARMS/Kidins220 scaffold protein in spatial memory and trophic support of entorhinal and frontal cortical neurons. Exp Neurol. 2011;229:409-20 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results suggest that the expression of a prominent neurotrophin receptor substrate normally protects the EC and FC, and that ARMS may be particularly important in females. ..
- Xiao X, Cheng C, Mruk D. Intercellular adhesion molecule-1 is a regulator of blood-testis barrier function. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:5677-89 pubmed publisher..These data illustrate the existence of a unique mechanism in the mammalian testis where ICAM-1 can either positively or negatively regulate BTB function. ..
- Ge X, Lu Y, Leung T, Sørensen E, Nieto N. Milk osteopontin, a nutritional approach to prevent alcohol-induced liver injury. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2013;304:G929-39 pubmed publisher..Milk osteopontin could be a simple effective nutritional therapeutic strategy to prevent alcohol hepatotoxicity due, among others, to gut protective, anti-inflammatory, and anti-steatotic actions. ..
- Ghossein R, Katabi N, Fagin J. Immunohistochemical detection of mutated BRAF V600E supports the clonal origin of BRAF-induced thyroid cancers along the spectrum of disease progression. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98:E1414-21 pubmed publisher..Moderate staining intensity cannot be relied on and should lead to genotypic analysis. Second, homogeneous staining occurs in the vast majority of cases, demonstrating that the BRAF(T1799A) mutation is a clonal event in thyroid cancer. ..
- Stoffel A, Filippa D, Rao P. The p73 locus is commonly deleted in non-Hodgkin's lymphomas. Leuk Res. 2004;28:1341-5 pubmed..Our results demonstrate a high proportion of p73 locus specific deletions in NHL and suggest that deletion of this locus may play a role in the progression of NHL. ..
- Lieberam I, Agalliu D, Nagasawa T, Ericson J, Jessell T. A Cxcl12-CXCR4 chemokine signaling pathway defines the initial trajectory of mammalian motor axons. Neuron. 2005;47:667-79 pubmed..In its absence, these neurons adopt a dMN-like trajectory, despite preservation of their vMN transcriptional identity. Thus, the status of Cxcr4 signaling helps to determine the initial axonal trajectory of mammalian motor neurons. ..
- Steckman D, Zide B, Greco M, Rivera R, Blei F. Lipoblastoma of infancy mimicking hemangioma of infancy. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2005;7:326-30 pubmed..We present the case of a young child with a cheek lipoblastoma, emphasizing the importance of correct diagnosis and highlighting techniques used to provide suitable treatment. ..
- Witkovsky P, Svenningsson P, Yan L, Bateup H, Silver R. Cellular localization and function of DARPP-32 in the rodent retina. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;25:3233-42 pubmed..We also tested for a possible circadian rhythm of Thr 34- and Thr 75-DARPP-32 and Ser 845-GluR1 expression. No significant circadian rhythm of either DARPP-32 or GluR1 phosphorylation was found. ..
- Fury M, Drobnjak M, Sima C, Asher M, Shah J, Lee N, et al. Tissue microarray evidence of association between p16 and phosphorylated eIF4E in tonsillar squamous cell carcinoma. Head Neck. 2011;33:1340-5 pubmed publisher..p16 positive tonsillar squamous cell carcinoma is characterized by expression of phosphorylated eIF4E that may occur via a mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR)-independent mechanism. ..
- Pilny A, Quesenberry K, Bartick Sedrish T, Latimer K, Berghaus R. Evaluation of Chlamydophila psittaci infection and other risk factors for atherosclerosis in pet psittacine birds. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2012;240:1474-80 pubmed publisher..To determine whether the presence of Chlamydophila psittaci antigen, plasma cholesterol concentration, diet, sex, species, and age are risk factors for the development of atherosclerosis in pet psittacine birds...
- Kim M, Ye F, Wang D, Cui M, Ward S, Warner R, et al. Differential Protein Expression in Small Intestinal Neuroendocrine Tumors and Liver Metastases. Pancreas. 2016;45:528-32 pubmed publisher..Few studies have compared protein expression in paired primary and metastatic SI-NETs. Our findings reveal changes in a limited number of proteins, suggesting that these may be targets for therapy. ..
- Cammer W, Zhang H, Tansey F. Effects of carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) deficiency on CNS structure and function in the myelin-deficient CAII-deficient double mutant mouse. J Neurosci Res. 1995;40:451-7 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Hume C, Dodd J. Cwnt-8C: a novel Wnt gene with a potential role in primitive streak formation and hindbrain organization. Development. 1993;119:1147-60 pubmed..Thus, Cwnt-8C is potentially involved in the regulation of axis formation and hindbrain patterning. ..
- Jungbluth A, Chen Y, Stockert E, Busam K, Kolb D, Iversen K, et al. Immunohistochemical analysis of NY-ESO-1 antigen expression in normal and malignant human tissues. Int J Cancer. 2001;92:856-60 pubmed..There is great variability in NY-ESO-1 expression in individual tumors, ranging from an infrequent homogeneous pattern of staining to highly heterogeneous antigen expression. ..
- Borczuk A, Sha K, Hisler S, Mann J, Hajdu S. Sebaceous carcinoma of the lung: histologic and immunohistochemical characterization of an unusual pulmonary neoplasm: report of a case and review of the literature. Am J Surg Pathol. 2002;26:795-8 pubmed..This unique tumor extends the spectrum of extraocular, extracutaneous neoplasms with sebaceous differentiation from existing single reports in the hypopharyx and larynx to now include bronchus...
- Ivanov V, Lopez Bergami P, Maulit G, Sato T, Sassoon D, RONAI Z. FAP-1 association with Fas (Apo-1) inhibits Fas expression on the cell surface. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:3623-35 pubmed
- Wang H, Pickel V. Activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated protein Arc is targeted to dendrites and coexpressed with mu-opioid receptors in postnatal rat caudate-putamen nucleus. J Neurosci Res. 2004;77:323-33 pubmed..Our results suggest a correlation between Arc expression in dendritic spines during postnatal development and the onset of synaptogenesis in opioid-responsive neurons in the rat CPN. ..
- Delshad E, Ratner D. Microcystic adnexal carcinoma. Skinmed. 2004;3:341-3 pubmed..The lesion measured 1.6 x 1.1 cm in diameter. The patient had a history of radiation treatment for acne. What is your diagnosis? What should be the course of management?..
- Ekwa Ekoka C, Diaz G, Carlson C, Hasegawa T, Samudrala R, Lim K, et al. Genomic organization and sequence variation of the human integrin subunit alpha8 gene (ITGA8). Matrix Biol. 2004;23:487-96 pubmed..Identification of the sequence variation will allow genetic association studies of alpha8 in kidney and lung disease. ..
- Shinozaki K, Ebert O, Woo S. Treatment of multi-focal colorectal carcinoma metastatic to the liver of immune-competent and syngeneic rats by hepatic artery infusion of oncolytic vesicular stomatitis virus. Int J Cancer. 2005;114:659-64 pubmed
- Eliyahu E, Park J, Shtraizent N, He X, Schuchman E. Acid ceramidase is a novel factor required for early embryo survival. FASEB J. 2007;21:1403-9 pubmed..Based on these observations, we suggest that AC is an essential factor required for embryo survival that functions by removing ceramide from the newly formed embryos, thus inhibiting the default apoptosis pathway. ..
- Galvin J, Eyermann C, Colognato H. Dystroglycan modulates the ability of insulin-like growth factor-1 to promote oligodendrocyte differentiation. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:3295-307 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that the positive regulatory effect of laminin on oligodendrocyte differentiation may be attributed, at least in part, to dystroglycan's ability to promote IGF-1-induced differentiation. ..
- Aoki C, Sabaliauskas N, Chowdhury T, Min J, Colacino A, Laurino K, et al. Adolescent female rats exhibiting activity-based anorexia express elevated levels of GABA(A) receptor ?4 and ? subunits at the plasma membrane of hippocampal CA1 spines. Synapse. 2012;66:391-407 pubmed publisher..The observed magnitude of increase in the ?4 and ? subunits at spines is sufficient to increase both tonic inhibition of hippocampus and anxiety during stress, thereby likely to exacerbate hyperactivity and weight loss...
- Magro C, Wang X. CCL5 expression in panniculitic T-cell dyscrasias and its potential role in adipocyte tropism. Am J Dermatopathol. 2013;35:332-7 pubmed publisher..Given the known pharmacologic inhibitors of CCR5-expression one might propose that using such inhibitors (ie, anti-CCR5) could be of therapeutic value in select cases. ..
- Torres J, Bao X, Iuga A, Chen A, Harpaz N, Ullman T, et al. Farnesoid X receptor expression is decreased in colonic mucosa of patients with primary sclerosing cholangitis and colitis-associated neoplasia. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2013;19:275-82 pubmed publisher..Patients with PSC-UC have diminished FXR expression in the proximal colon compared to UC patients. This finding could contribute to the higher risk of proximal neoplasia in PSC patients. ..
- Liu Y, Alqatari M, Sultan K, Ye F, Gao D, Sigel K, et al. Using p16 immunohistochemistry to classify morphologic cervical intraepithelial neoplasia 2: correlation of ambiguous staining patterns with HPV subtypes and clinical outcome. Hum Pathol. 2017;66:144-151 pubmed publisher..Specific guidelines for this intermediate category should prevent diagnostic errors and help implement p16 IHC in general practice. ..
- Krikun G, Critchley H, Schatz F, Wan L, Caze R, Baergen R, et al. Abnormal uterine bleeding during progestin-only contraception may result from free radical-induced alterations in angiopoietin expression. Am J Pathol. 2002;161:979-86 pubmed
- Lin A, Weiser M, Klimstra D, Paty P, Tang L, Al Ahmadie H, et al. Differential expression of alpha-methylacyl-coenzyme A racemase in colorectal carcinoma bears clinical and pathologic significance. Hum Pathol. 2007;38:850-6 pubmed..Further investigation on interaction between AMACR and other known colorectal cancer development pathways may provide new insights on colorectal carcinogenesis. ..
- Swayne T, Gay A, Pon L. Visualization of mitochondria in budding yeast. Methods Cell Biol. 2007;80:591-626 pubmed
- Puzzo D, Staniszewski A, Deng S, Privitera L, Leznik E, Liu S, et al. Phosphodiesterase 5 inhibition improves synaptic function, memory, and amyloid-beta load in an Alzheimer's disease mouse model. J Neurosci. 2009;29:8075-86 pubmed publisher..Given that side effects of PDE5 inhibitors are widely known and do not preclude their administration to a senile population, these drugs have potential for the treatment of AD and other diseases associated with elevated A beta levels. ..
- Song T, Fong Y, Cho S, Gonen M, Hezel M, Tuorto S, et al. Comparison of hepatocellular carcinoma in American and Asian patients by tissue array analysis. J Surg Oncol. 2012;106:84-8 pubmed publisher..These data likely correlate with differences in molecular pathogenesis of HCC based on racial and regional differences. These findings may have implications in choice of molecular targeted therapies based on patient ethnicity. ..
- Carano K, Soslow R. Immunophenotypic analysis of ovarian and testicular Müllerian papillary serous tumors. Mod Pathol. 1997;10:414-20 pubmed
- Busam K, Hester K, Charles C, Sachs D, Antonescu C, Gonzalez S, et al. Detection of clinically amelanotic malignant melanoma and assessment of its margins by in vivo confocal scanning laser microscopy. Arch Dermatol. 2001;137:923-9 pubmed..This technique may aid in the early detection of clinically barely visible or nonpigmented melanomas and may facilitate preoperative noninvasive assessment of their margins. ..
- Shan J, Yuan L, Xiao Q, Chiorazzi N, Budman D, Teichberg S, et al. TSP50, a possible protease in human testes, is activated in breast cancer epithelial cells. Cancer Res. 2002;62:290-4 pubmed
- Tomidokoro Y, Rostagno A, Neubert T, Lu Y, Rebeck G, Frangione B, et al. Iowa variant of familial Alzheimer's disease: accumulation of posttranslationally modified AbetaD23N in parenchymal and cerebrovascular amyloid deposits. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:1841-54 pubmed publisher..These data therefore challenge the importance of neuritic plaques as the sole contributors for the development of dementia. ..
- Blanchard F, Collins B, Cyran S, Hancock D, Taylor M, Blau J. The transcription factor Mef2 is required for normal circadian behavior in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2010;30:5855-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, a normal level of Mef2 activity is required in clock neurons to maintain robust and accurate circadian behavioral rhythms. ..
- Itoh H, Wortman M, Kanovsky M, Uson R, Gordon R, Alfano N, et al. Alterations in Pur(alpha) levels and intracellular localization in the CV-1 cell cycle. Cell Growth Differ. 1998;9:651-65 pubmed..Pur(alpha) remains with these foci throughout G2, after the bulk of DNA synthesis has ceased. Changing levels of Pur(alpha) may affect Pur(alpha) functions at the onset of S phase and during progression to mitosis. ..
- Gracy K, Clarke C, Meyers M, Pickel V. N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor 1 in the caudate-putamen nucleus: ultrastructural localization and co-expression with sorcin, a 22,000 mol. wt calcium binding protein. Neuroscience. 1999;90:107-17 pubmed..The presence of sorcin in some, but not all NMDA-containing neurons in the caudate-putamen nucleus has potential implications for the known differential vulnerability of certain striatal neurons to excitotoxins. ..
- Carothers A, Melstrom K, Mueller J, Weyant M, Bertagnolli M. Progressive changes in adherens junction structure during intestinal adenoma formation in Apc mutant mice. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:39094-102 pubmed..In addition, discovery of these effects in initiated but histologically normal tissue (Apc(Min/+)) defines a pre-adenoma stage of tumorigenesis in the intestinal mucosa. ..
- Verborgt O, Tatton N, Majeska R, Schaffler M. Spatial distribution of Bax and Bcl-2 in osteocytes after bone fatigue: complementary roles in bone remodeling regulation?. J Bone Miner Res. 2002;17:907-14 pubmed
- O Gara B, Brown P, Dlugosch D, Kandiel A, Ku J, Geier J, et al. Regulation of pharyngeal motility by FMRFamide and related peptides in the medicinal leech, Hirudo medicinalis. Invert Neurosci. 1999;4:41-53 pubmed..1 microM) or the cation channel blocker amiloride (100 microM). ..
- Sommer G, Agosti V, Ehlers I, Rossi F, Corbacioglu S, Farkas J, et al. Gastrointestinal stromal tumors in a mouse model by targeted mutation of the Kit receptor tyrosine kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:6706-11 pubmed..Importantly, these results demonstrate that constitutive Kit signaling is critical and sufficient for induction of GIST and hyperplasia of interstitial cells of Cajal. ..
- Kierszenbaum A, Tres L, Rivkin E, Kang Decker N, van Deursen J. The acroplaxome is the docking site of Golgi-derived myosin Va/Rab27a/b- containing proacrosomal vesicles in wild-type and Hrb mutant mouse spermatids. Biol Reprod. 2004;70:1400-10 pubmed..We suggest that nucleopodes develop at a site where a keratin 5-deficient acroplaxome may not withstand tension forces operating during spermatid nuclear shaping. ..
- Martinho R, Kunwar P, Casanova J, Lehmann R. A noncoding RNA is required for the repression of RNApolII-dependent transcription in primordial germ cells. Curr Biol. 2004;14:159-65 pubmed..We further show that repression of somatic differentiation signals mediated by the Torso receptor-tyrosine kinase is important for germline development. ..
- Cho J, Kholodilov N, Burke R. Patterns of developmental mRNA expression of neurturin and GFRalpha2 in the rat striatum and substantia nigra do not suggest a role in the regulation of natural cell death in dopamine neurons. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2004;148:143-9 pubmed..Thus these studies are not strongly supportive of a role for NTN in regulating natural cell death (NCD) in DA neurons, either as a target-derived or as a local paracrine factor. ..
- Bonifaz L, Bonnyay D, Charalambous A, Darguste D, Fujii S, Soares H, et al. In vivo targeting of antigens to maturing dendritic cells via the DEC-205 receptor improves T cell vaccination. J Exp Med. 2004;199:815-24 pubmed
- Cho J, Yarygina O, Oo T, Kholodilov N, Burke R. Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor receptor GFRalpha1 is expressed in the rat striatum during postnatal development. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2004;127:96-104 pubmed..We conclude that GFRalpha1 is expressed in striatum maximally late in postnatal development. In this location it may act in trans to influence the viability and development of nigral dopamine neurons. ..
- Lang Rollin I, Vekrellis K, Wang Q, Rideout H, Stefanis L. Application of proteasomal inhibitors to mouse sympathetic neurons activates the intrinsic apoptotic pathway. J Neurochem. 2004;90:1511-20 pubmed..We conclude that proteasomal inhibition of mouse sympathetic neurons activates the intrinsic apoptotic pathway involving bcl-2 family members and the mitochondria. ..
- Schwaderer A, Vijayakumar S, Al Awqati Q, Schwartz G. Galectin-3 expression is induced in renal beta-intercalated cells during metabolic acidosis. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2006;290:F148-58 pubmed..Thus galectin-3 may play several important roles in the CCD, including mediating the adaptation of beta-intercalated cells during metabolic acidosis. ..
- Xiao G, Burstein D, Miller L, Unger P. Nephrogenic adenoma: immunohistochemical evaluation for its etiology and differentiation from prostatic adenocarcinoma. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2006;130:805-10 pubmed..Our results also demonstrated that the combination of P504S and prostate-specific antigen with epithelial membrane antigen is a valuable tool in distinguishing prostatic carcinoma from nephrogenic adenoma. ..
- Busam K, Kucukgol D, Eastlake Wade S, Frosina D, Delgado R, Jungbluth A. Clusterin expression in primary and metastatic melanoma. J Cutan Pathol. 2006;33:619-23 pubmed..Our findings confirm the observation that clusterin can be expressed in melanoma, in particular primary desmoplastic melanoma. However, clusterin appears to be present only in a minority of melanomas. ..
- Nonaka D, Kusamura S, Baratti D, Casali P, Younan R, Deraco M. CDX-2 expression in pseudomyxoma peritonei: a clinicopathological study of 42 cases. Histopathology. 2006;49:381-7 pubmed..02). CDX-2 is diffusely and strongly positive in PMP. This is a useful marker to confirm an appendiceal origin of PMP, particularly when used in conjunction with CK7, CK20, MUC-2 and MUC-5AC. ..
- Osman I, Dai J, Mikhail M, Navarro D, Taneja S, Lee P, et al. Loss of neutral endopeptidase and activation of protein kinase B (Akt) is associated with prostate cancer progression. Cancer. 2006;107:2628-36 pubmed..The findings from this investigation demonstrated that NEP loss leads to Akt activation and contributes to the clinical progression of prostate cancer. ..
- El Chaar M, Chen J, Seshan S, Jha S, Richardson I, Ledbetter S, et al. Effect of combination therapy with enalapril and the TGF-beta antagonist 1D11 in unilateral ureteral obstruction. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2007;292:F1291-301 pubmed..Furthermore, it suggests that other targets may be amenable to pharmacological manipulation in UUO. ..
- Moreira R, Revetta F, Koehler E, Washington M. Diagnostic utility of IgG and IgM immunohistochemistry in autoimmune liver disease. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:453-7 pubmed..Our data indicate that IgM and IgG IHC may be a useful tool when PBC is a diagnostic consideration. ..
- Wilson P, Fryer R, Fang Y, Hatten M. Astn2, a novel member of the astrotactin gene family, regulates the trafficking of ASTN1 during glial-guided neuronal migration. J Neurosci. 2010;30:8529-40 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that ASTN2 regulates the levels of ASTN1 in the plasma membrane and that the release of neuronal adhesions to the glial fiber during neuronal locomotion involves the intracellular trafficking of ASTN1. ..
- Morrogh M, Andrade V, Giri D, Sakr R, Paik W, Qin L, et al. Cadherin-catenin complex dissociation in lobular neoplasia of the breast. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;132:641-52 pubmed publisher..Decreasing membranous catenin expression in tandem with increasing levels of TWIST across the spectrum of lobular lesions suggests that CCC dissociation is a progressive process. ..
- Xylinas E, Robinson B, Kluth L, Volkmer B, Hautmann R, Kufer R, et al. Association of T-cell co-regulatory protein expression with clinical outcomes following radical cystectomy for urothelial carcinoma of the bladder. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2014;40:121-7 pubmed publisher..While expression was not associated with clinicopathologic features or standard outcomes in all patients, B7-H1 expression predicted overall mortality after RC in the subset of patients with organ-confined UCB. ..
- Pickel V, Pohorille A, Chan J, Tate S, Nirenberg M. Regional and subcellular distribution of a neutral and basic amino acid transporter in forebrain neurons containing nitric oxide synthase. J Comp Neurol. 1999;404:459-72 pubmed..Our results suggest that expression of NBAT may provide specific populations of cNOS-containing forebrain neurons with a unique mechanism for regulating somatodendritic synthesis of nitric oxide. ..
- Albuquerque C, Lee C, Jackson A, Macdermott A. Subpopulations of GABAergic and non-GABAergic rat dorsal horn neurons express Ca2+-permeable AMPA receptors. Eur J Neurosci. 1999;11:2758-66 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that several subpopulations of putative excitatory interneurons defined by calretinin and calbindin expression do not express Ca2+-permeable AMPA receptors. ..
- Scheinfeld M, Ghersi E, Laky K, Fowlkes B, D ADAMIO L. Processing of beta-amyloid precursor-like protein-1 and -2 by gamma-secretase regulates transcription. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:44195-201 pubmed
- Menthena A, Deb N, Oertel M, Grozdanov P, Sandhu J, Shah S, et al. Bone marrow progenitors are not the source of expanding oval cells in injured liver. Stem Cells. 2004;22:1049-61 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the sources of oval cells and small hepatocytes in the injured liver are endogenous liver progenitors and that they do not arise through transdifferentiation from BM cells...
- Marcus D, Strafaci J, Freedman M. Differential neuronal expression of manganese superoxide dismutase in Alzheimer's disease. Med Sci Monit. 2006;12:BR8-14 pubmed..Since the CA1 region in AD is the most severely affected by the disease, our results suggest that normal compensatory mechanisms may be insufficient to protect this region from free radical oxidative damage. ..
- Walling S, Rigoulot M, Scharfman H. Acute and chronic changes in glycogen phosphorylase in hippocampus and entorhinal cortex after status epilepticus in the adult male rat. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;26:178-89 pubmed..Taken together, the results suggest that GP is dynamically regulated during and after status in the adult rat, and may have an important role in the pilocarpine model of epilepsy. ..
- Sarkaria I, Zakowski M, Pham D, Hezel M, Ebright M, Chuai S, et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor signaling in adenocarcinomas with bronchioloalveolar components. Ann Thorac Surg. 2008;85:216-23 pubmed..Epidermal growth factor receptor immunophenotype may be a useful predictor of clinical outcomes in this tumor subset. ..
- Velarde N, Gunsalus K, Piano F. Diverse roles of actin in C. elegans early embryogenesis. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:142 pubmed..Results from this study indicate new insights into the cellular and developmental roles of the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Dong H, Browne P, Liu Z, Gangi M. PAX-5 is invariably expressed in B-cell lymphomas without plasma cell differentiation. Histopathology. 2008;53:278-87 pubmed publisher..PAX-5 is the most sensitive and reliable immunohistochemical marker for B-cell malignancies. Lack of PAX-5 expression correlates with the presence of marked plasma cell differentiation. ..
- Robinson B, Sica G, Liu Y, Rohan T, Gertler F, Condeelis J, et al. Tumor microenvironment of metastasis in human breast carcinoma: a potential prognostic marker linked to hematogenous dissemination. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:2433-41 pubmed publisher..The ability of TMEM to predict distant metastasis was independent of lymph node status and other currently used prognosticators. Quantitation of TMEM may be a useful new prognostic marker for breast cancer patients. ..
- Marzan C, Kupumbati T, Bertran S, Samuels T, Leibovitch B, Mira y Lopez R, et al. Adipocyte derived paracrine mediators of mammary ductal morphogenesis controlled by retinoic acid receptors. Dev Biol. 2011;349:125-36 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results support the existence of a novel paracrine loop controlled by adipocyte-RAR that regulates the mammary ductal tree morphogenesis. ..
- Blouet C, Schwartz G. Nutrient-sensing hypothalamic TXNIP links nutrient excess to energy imbalance in mice. J Neurosci. 2011;31:6019-27 pubmed publisher..Thus, mediobasal hypothalamic TXNIP plays a critical role in nutrient sensing and the regulation of fuel utilization. ..
- Shibata W, Ariyama H, Westphalen C, Worthley D, Muthupalani S, Asfaha S, et al. Stromal cell-derived factor-1 overexpression induces gastric dysplasia through expansion of stromal myofibroblasts and epithelial progenitors. Gut. 2013;62:192-200 pubmed publisher..Stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1/CXCL12), the main ligand for CXCR4, is overexpressed in human cancer. This study addressed the precise contribution of SDF-1 to gastric carcinogenesis...
- Murray L, Lau Y, Yu Q. Merlin is a negative regulator of human melanoma growth. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43295 pubmed publisher..In addition, we show that increased merlin expression leads to enhanced activation of the MTS1/2 kinases, implying the potential roles of MST1/2 in mediating the anti-melanoma effects of merlin. ..
- Shibahara K, Ota M, Horiguchi M, Yoshinaga K, Melamed J, Rifkin D. Production of gastrointestinal tumors in mice by modulating latent TGF-?1 activation. Cancer Res. 2013;73:459-68 pubmed publisher..We conclude that these mutant mice provide a useful system for modulating TGF-? levels in a manner that determines tumor number and inflammation within the gastrointestinal tract. ..
- Esaki S, Nigim F, Moon E, Luk S, Kiyokawa J, Curry W, et al. Blockade of transforming growth factor-β signaling enhances oncolytic herpes simplex virus efficacy in patient-derived recurrent glioblastoma models. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:2348-2358 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a novel synergistic interaction of oHSV therapy and TGF-β signaling blockade, and warrant further investigations aimed at clinical translation of this combination strategy for GBM patients. ..
- Zhang H, Apfelroth S, Hu W, Davis E, Sanguineti C, Bonadio J, et al. Structure and expression of fibrillin-2, a novel microfibrillar component preferentially located in elastic matrices. J Cell Biol. 1994;124:855-63 pubmed..Accordingly, we propose to classify the FBN1 and FBN2 gene products as a new family of extracellular proteins and to name its members fibrillin-1 and fibrillin-2, respectively. ..
- Georgieff I, Liem R, Couchie D, Mavilia C, Nunez J, Shelanski M. Expression of high molecular weight tau in the central and peripheral nervous systems. J Cell Sci. 1993;105 ( Pt 3):729-37 pubmed