Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Mississippi, United States
Locale: Mississippi, United States
- Modepalli N, Shivakumar H, McCrudden M, Donnelly R, Banga A, Murthy S. Transdermal Delivery of Iron Using Soluble Microneedles: Dermal Kinetics and Safety. J Pharm Sci. 2016;105:1196-200 pubmed publisher..Overall, the studies demonstrated the safety of FPP for dermal delivery and the feasibility of soluble microneedle approach for transdermal iron replenishment therapy. ..
- Cooksey A, Momen N, Stocker R, Burgess S. Identifying blood biomarkers and physiological processes that distinguish humans with superior performance under psychological stress. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8371 pubmed publisher..This work also provides potential biomarkers for screening humans for capability of superior performance under stress. ..
- Liu D, Lawrence M, Ainsworth A, Austin F. Comparative assessment of acid, alkali and salt tolerance in Listeria monocytogenes virulent and avirulent strains. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2005;243:373-8 pubmed..monocytogenes, and therefore stringent quality control measures at the beginning and end of the food manufacturing process is essential to ensure that such food products are free of listerial contamination. ..
- Sugg M, Konrad C, Fuhrmann C. Relationships between maximum temperature and heat-related illness across North Carolina, USA. Int J Biometeorol. 2016;60:663-75 pubmed publisher..g., 31 to 38 Â°C). HRI ED visits decreased on days with extreme heat (e.g., greater than 38 Â°C), suggesting that populations are taking preventative measures during extreme heat and therefore mitigating heat-related illness. ..
- Ellis D, Gosai J, Emrick C, Heintz R, Romans L, Gordon D, et al. Occidiofungin's chemical stability and in vitro potency against Candida species. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2012;56:765-9 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that occidiofungin is fungicidal. Occidiofungin was also found to be a very stable molecule. It is resistant to extreme temperatures and pH and maintains its activity following exposure to gastric proteases. ..
- Allen A, Dress A, Moore W. Mirror syndrome resulting from metastatic congenital neuroblastoma. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2007;26:310-2 pubmed..Metastasis of congenital neuroblastoma to the placenta is exceedingly rare, and cases discovered prenatally have resulted in significant maternal morbidity and 100% neonatal mortality. ..
- de Oliveira R, Dogan S, Belser L, Kaya A, Topper E, Moura A, et al. Molecular morphology and function of bull spermatozoa linked to histones and associated with fertility. Reproduction. 2013;146:263-72 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we showed that H2B, H3.3, and H4 were detectable in bull spermatozoa and that sperm chromatin condensation status, changed by histone retention, is related to bull fertility. ..
- Kurve V, Joseph P, Williams J, Kim T, Boland H, Smith T, et al. The effect of feeding native warm season grasses in the stocker phase on the carcass quality, meat quality, and sensory attributes of beef loin steaks from grain-finished steers. Meat Sci. 2016;112:31-8 pubmed publisher..05) lipid oxidation than steaks from BER after 6days of refrigerated storage. Results indicate that NWSG could be effectively incorporated into forage systems for stocker cattle without compromising carcass and meat quality. ..
- Dunn J, Anderson C, Method M, Brost B. Hydropic degenerating leiomyoma presenting as pseudo-Meigs syndrome with elevated CA 125. Obstet Gynecol. 1998;92:648-9 pubmed..No reported case of pseudo-Meigs syndrome presenting with hydropic degeneration of uterine leiomyoma and an elevated CA 125 level could be found on a MEDLINE search...
- Dettler J, Buscaglia R, Cui J, Cashman D, Blynn M, Lewis E. Biophysical characterization of an ensemble of intramolecular i-motifs formed by the human c-MYC NHE III1 P1 promoter mutant sequence. Biophys J. 2010;99:561-7 pubmed publisher..The NMR study did not report the most stable conformer found in this study. ..
- Hall A, Evans K, Pribyl S. Cold injury in the United States military population: current trends and comparison with past conflicts. J Surg Educ. 2010;67:61-5 pubmed publisher..An analysis was conducted to identify the extent of cold weather injuries, especially frostbite, in the deployed military population...
- Speth R, Karamyan V. The significance of brain aminopeptidases in the regulation of the actions of angiotensin peptides in the brain. Heart Fail Rev. 2008;13:299-309 pubmed publisher..It also addresses the need for further research that can test The Angiotensin III Hypothesis and definitively identify the angiotensin peptide(s) that activate brain AT(1) receptor-mediated effects. ..
- Rahman A, Samoylenko V, Jain S, Tekwani B, Khan S, Jacob M, et al. Antiparasitic and antimicrobial isoflavanquinones from Abrus schimperi. Nat Prod Commun. 2011;6:1645-50 pubmed..In addition, the absolute stereochemistry of the isolated compounds 1 and 2 was revised as C-(3S) based on Circular Dichroism experiments. This appears to be the first report of amorphaquinone (1) and pendulone (2) from the genus Abrus...
- Seo K, Kim J, Park J, Viall A, Minnich S, Rohde H, et al. Role of a new intimin/invasin-like protein in Yersinia pestis virulence. Infect Immun. 2012;80:3559-69 pubmed publisher..pestis CO92 ?ilp had a 55-fold increase in the 50% lethal dose ([LD(50)] 1.64 × 10(4) CFU) compared to the parental wild-type strain LD(50) (2.98 × 10(2) CFU). These findings identified Ilp as a novel virulence factor of Y. pestis...
- Datta S, Zhou Y, Nagle D. Comparative study of chromatographic medium-associated mass and potential antitumor activity loss with bioactive extracts. J Nat Prod. 2013;76:642-7 pubmed publisher..In general, Si gel produced the greatest loss of bioactivity. However, HP20SS elution reduced significantly HIF-1 inhibitory activity of certain extracts (e.g., Asimina triloba). ..
- Pei H, Yu S, Babski Reeves K, Chu J, Qu M, Tian B, et al. Quantification of lower extremity physical exposures in various combinations of sit/stand time duration associated with sit-stand workstation. Med Pr. 2017;68:315-327 pubmed publisher..Combination of sit/stand time duration 25/5 min appears to show positive effects on relief of muscle exposure of back of thigh in the shifts of sitting and standing work position. Med Pr 2017;68(3):315â€“327. ..
- Hust S, Adams P, Willoughby J, Ren C, Lei M, Ran W, et al. The Entertainment-Education Strategy in Sexual Assault Prevention: A Comparison of Theoretical Foundations and a Test of Effectiveness in a College Campus Setting. J Health Commun. 2017;22:721-731 pubmed publisher..There were also effects for the mini-magazines developed with only one theoretical framework. Overall, we found that multiple theories can effectively guide entertainment-education message development. ..
- Goodier M, Jordan J. Metastatic breast cancer to the lower eyelid. Laryngoscope. 2010;120 Suppl 4:S129 pubmed publisher..To present a case of metastatic breast cancer to the lower eyelid and to review the literature.regarding the epidemiology and clinical features of cutaneous metastases to the eyelid...
- Cai Z, Zhang T, Wan X. A computational framework for influenza antigenic cartography. PLoS Comput Biol. 2010;6:e1000949 pubmed publisher..The webserver is available at http://sysbio.cvm.msstate.edu/AntigenMap. ..
- Soni K, Nannapaneni R. Removal of Listeria monocytogenes biofilms with bacteriophage P100. J Food Prot. 2010;73:1519-24 pubmed..5- to 5.4-log/cm2 reduction in L. monocytogenes cells by phage treatment. These findings illustrate that phage P100 is active against a wide range of L. monocytogenes strains in biofilm conditions. ..
- Character B, McLaughlin R, Hedlund C, Boyle C, Elder S. Postoperative integrity of veterinary surgical gloves. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc. 2003;39:311-20 pubmed..Surgeons should remain alert for possible glove defects and consider measures such as changing gloves every 60 minutes or double-gloving to minimize potential complications. ..
- Davis K, Crow J, Chambers H, Meek E, Chambers J. Racial differences in paraoxonase-1 (PON1): a factor in the health of southerners?. Environ Health Perspect. 2009;117:1226-31 pubmed publisher..These data present initial observations for use in characterizing the poorer cardiovascular health status of the population in the southern United States and more specifically southern African Americans. ..
- Downey L, Ireson C, Slavova S, McKee G. Defining elements of success: a critical pathway of coalition development. Health Promot Pract. 2008;9:130-9 pubmed publisher..These findings are applicable to public health professionals who work with community-based coalitions and citizens who participate in local coalitions. ..
- Zagrodnik D, Rose D. Mucinous cystadenoma of the appendix: diagnosis, surgical management, and follow-up. Curr Surg. 2003;60:341-3 pubmed..To review the diagnostic examination and clinical presentation of mucinous cystadenoma of the appendix...
- Ali Z, Khan S, Ferreira D, Khan I. Podocarpaside, a triterpenoid possessing a new backbone from Actaea podocarpa. Org Lett. 2006;8:5529-32 pubmed..Podocarpaside belongs to a new class of triterpenoids, for which the name "ranunculane" is proposed. Compound 1 possesses anticomplement activity. [structure: see text]...
- Braithwaite B, Cabanilla L, Lilly M. Hepatic subcapsular biloma: a rare complication of laparoscopic cholecystectomy and common bile duct exploration. Curr Surg. 2003;60:196-8 pubmed..Description of an unusual complication of laparoscopic cholecystectomy and common bile duct exploration...
- Kumar A, Yueh F, Singh J, Burgess S. Characterization of malignant tissue cells by laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy. Appl Opt. 2004;43:5399-403 pubmed..For comparison, the tissue samples were also analyzed by an inductively coupled plasma emission spectroscopy (ICPES) system. The results from the LIBS measurement and ICPES analysis were in good agreement. ..
- Frazier C, Camacho A, Cockerell C. The treatment of eruptive syringomas in an African American patient with a combination of trichloroacetic acid and CO2 laser destruction. Dermatol Surg. 2001;27:489-92 pubmed..Many treatment modalities such as dermabrasion, electrodesiccation with curettage, and scissors excision have been tried with some success, but more recently lasers have provided good to excellent results...
- Ng W, Thompson R, Yablon S, Sherer M. Conceptual dilemmas in evaluating individuals with severely impaired consciousness. Brain Inj. 2001;15:639-43 pubmed..This case illustrates the challenge of rating patients with limited behavioural repertoire using established measures of impaired consciousness...
- Wolfe C, Warrington J, Davis S, Green S, Norcum M. Isolation and characterization of human nuclear and cytosolic multisynthetase complexes and the intracellular distribution of p43/EMAPII. Protein Sci. 2003;12:2282-90 pubmed..Finally, gel filtration and immunoblot analysis demonstrate that a major biological role for the cytokine precursor p43 is as an integral part of the multisynthetase complex. ..
- Dhossche D, Shah A, Wing L. Blueprints for the assessment, treatment, and future study of catatonia in autism spectrum disorders. Int Rev Neurobiol. 2006;72:267-84 pubmed..Finally, the role of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) dysfunction in autism, catatonia, and abnormal stress responses in these disorders should be further assessed...
- Wang B, Wang G, To F, Butler J, Claude A, Mclaughlin R, et al. Myocardial scaffold-based cardiac tissue engineering: application of coordinated mechanical and electrical stimulations. Langmuir. 2013;29:11109-17 pubmed publisher..In short, the synergistic stimulations might be beneficial not only for the quality of cardiac construct development but also for patients by reducing the waiting time in future clinical scenarios. ..
- Horstman C, McLaughlin R. The use of radiofrequency energy during arthroscopic surgery and its effects on intraarticular tissues. Vet Comp Orthop Traumatol. 2006;19:65-71 pubmed..This damage is also power and temperature dependent and is observed at temperatures as low as 45 degrees C. Caution should be used when applying RF energy within a joint to prevent or minimize articular cartilage injury...
- Bialonska D, Kasimsetty S, Schrader K, Ferreira D. The effect of pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) byproducts and ellagitannins on the growth of human gut bacteria. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:8344-9 pubmed publisher..The growth of Bifidobacterium animalis ssp. lactis was slightly inhibited by punicalagins, punicalins, and ellagic acid. POMx supplementation significantly enhanced the growth of Bifidobacterium breve and Bifidobacterium infantis. ..
- Soni K, Nannapaneni R. Bacteriophage significantly reduces Listeria monocytogenes on raw salmon fillet tissue. J Food Prot. 2010;73:32-8 pubmed..6 log PFU/g from an initial phage treatment of 8 log PFU/g. These findings illustrate that the GRAS bacteriophage LISTEX P100 is listericidal on raw salmon fillets and is useful in quantitatively reducing L. monocytogenes. ..
- Moffatt B. Responsible authorship: why researchers must forgo honorary authorship. Account Res. 2011;18:76-90 pubmed publisher..Despite its general acceptance among many scientists, honorary authorship is unethical. Even if burdensome, responsible researchers are obligated to forgo honorary authorship. ..
- Xie S, Borazjani A, Hatfield M, Edwards C, Potter P, Ross M. Inactivation of lipid glyceryl ester metabolism in human THP1 monocytes/macrophages by activated organophosphorus insecticides: role of carboxylesterases 1 and 2. Chem Res Toxicol. 2010;23:1890-904 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, since PG-Gs have been shown to possess biological activities in their own right, CES may represent an important enzyme class that regulates their in vivo levels. ..