Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in California, United States
Locale: California, United States
Publications939 found, 100 shown here
- Harterink M, da Silva M, Will L, Turan J, Ibrahim A, Lang A, et al. DeActs: genetically encoded tools for perturbing the actin cytoskeleton in single cells. Nat Methods. 2017;14:479-482 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that DeActs are universal tools for studying the actin cytoskeleton in single cells in culture, tissues, and multicellular organisms including various neurodevelopmental model systems. ..
- Flaherty K, Zozulya S, Stryer L, McKay D. Three-dimensional structure of recoverin, a calcium sensor in vision. Cell. 1993;75:709-16 pubmed..The other two EF hands have novel structural features that prevent or impair calcium binding. A concave hydrophobic surface formed by EF hands 1 and 2 may participate in the read out of calcium signals by recoverin and its homologs. ..
- Wilburn O, Wilburn P, Rockson S. A pilot, prospective evaluation of a novel alternative for maintenance therapy of breast cancer-associated lymphedema [ISRCTN76522412]. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:84 pubmed..The apparent ease of use and reliability of response to the device suggest that further broad-scale testing is warranted. ..
- Carlson R, O Neill A, Goldstein L, Sikic B, Abramson N, Stewart J, et al. A pilot phase II trial of valspodar modulation of multidrug resistance to paclitaxel in the treatment of metastatic carcinoma of the breast (E1195): a trial of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group. Cancer Invest. 2006;24:677-81 pubmed..1-17.3 months). The toxicity experienced was acceptable. Combination valspodar plus paclitaxel is an active regimen and has acceptable toxicity. The combination is not clearly more active than single agent paclitaxel. ..
- Hall S, Maynes N, Reiss A. Using percentile schedules to increase eye contact in children with Fragile X syndrome. J Appl Behav Anal. 2009;42:171-6 pubmed publisher..Results showed that although aversion to eye contact is often thought to be unamenable to change in FXS, it can be shaped in some individuals using percentile schedules either alone or in combination with overcorrection. ..
- de la Torre J. Molecular and cell biology of the prototypic arenavirus LCMV: implications for understanding and combating hemorrhagic fever arenaviruses. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2009;1171 Suppl 1:E57-64 pubmed publisher..This, in turn, should facilitate the development of novel both vaccines and antiviral drugs to combat the dual threats of naturally occurring and intentionally introduced arenavirus infections...
- Yoon S, Wills A, Chuong E, Gupta R, Baker J. HEB and E2A function as SMAD/FOXH1 cofactors. Genes Dev. 2011;25:1654-61 pubmed publisher..Taken together, E proteins are novel Nodal signaling cofactors that associate with SMAD2/3 and FOXH1 and are necessary for mesendoderm differentiation. ..
- Crabtree J, Penner T, Armstrong S, Burkart J. Peritoneal Dialysis University for Surgeons: A Peritoneal Access Training Program. Perit Dial Int. 2016;36:177-81 pubmed publisher..4 for better catheter outcomes. â™¦ A comprehensive 1-day peritoneal access training course can produce long-term self-assessed improvement in surgical management and PD catheter outcomes. ..
- Simon L, Ospina J, Ita K. Prediction of in-vivo iontophoretic drug release data from in-vitro experiments-insights from modeling. Math Biosci. 2015;270:106-14 pubmed publisher..15 to 0.016 when the ratio increased from 10 to 100. The methodology was tested using plasma concentrations of a growth-hormone releasing factor in guinea pigs and naloxone in rats. ..
- Peinado H, Zhang H, Matei I, Costa Silva B, Hoshino A, Rodrigues G, et al. Pre-metastatic niches: organ-specific homes for metastases. Nat Rev Cancer. 2017;17:302-317 pubmed publisher..In this Review, we summarize the main processes and new mechanisms involved in the formation of the pre-metastatic niche...
- Baer J, Hall J, Holm K, Lewitter Koehler S. Challenges in developing an inpatient psychiatric program for patients with AIDS and ARC. Hosp Community Psychiatry. 1987;38:1299-303 pubmed..Other issues relating to infection control, ethical concerns, needs of friends and family, and disposition planning are also discussed. ..
- Bonfoco E, Li E, Kolbinger F, Cooper N. Characterization of a novel proapoptotic caspase-2- and caspase-9-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:29242-50 pubmed..These findings identify a novel proapoptotic caspase adaptor protein. ..
- Yu J, Bian D, Mahanivong C, Cheng R, Zhou W, Huang S. p38 Mitogen-activated protein kinase regulation of endothelial cell migration depends on urokinase plasminogen activator expression. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:50446-54 pubmed..These results thus suggest that the p38 MAPK pathway participates in endothelial cell migration by regulating uPA expression. ..
- Lehman N, Verschuren E, Hsu J, Cherry A, Jackson P. Overexpression of the anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome inhibitor Emi1 leads to tetraploidy and genomic instability of p53-deficient cells. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:1569-73 pubmed..This represents a potentially important mechanism by which pRb and p53 dysfunction may contribute to tumorigenesis through the generation of genomic instability. ..
- Lister R, Pelizzola M, Kida Y, Hawkins R, Nery J, Hon G, et al. Hotspots of aberrant epigenomic reprogramming in human induced pluripotent stem cells. Nature. 2011;471:68-73 pubmed publisher..Lastly, differentiation of iPSCs into trophoblast cells revealed that errors in reprogramming CG methylation are transmitted at a high frequency, providing an iPSC reprogramming signature that is maintained after differentiation. ..
- Donner Y, Feng T, Benoist C, Koller D. Imputing gene expression from selectively reduced probe sets. Nat Methods. 2012;9:1120-5 pubmed publisher..Finally, we apply our approach to a large-scale study of immune system variation. ..
- Costello E, Carlisle E, Bik E, Morowitz M, Relman D. Microbiome assembly across multiple body sites in low-birthweight infants. MBio. 2013;4:e00782-13 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest potential windows of opportunity for the dispersal of microbes within and between hosts and support recent findings of substantial baseline spatiotemporal variation in microbiota composition among high-risk newborns. ..
- Kong K, Fu G, Zhang Y, Yokosuka T, Casas J, Canonigo Balancio A, et al. Protein kinase C-? controls CTLA-4-mediated regulatory T cell function. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:465-72 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a CTLA-4-PKC-? signaling axis required for contact-dependent suppression and implicate this pathway as a potential cancer immunotherapy target. ..
- Bastian L, Gray K, Derycke E, Mirza S, Gierisch J, Haskell S, et al. Differences in Active and Passive Smoking Exposures and Lung Cancer Incidence Between Veterans and Non-Veterans in the Women's Health Initiative. Gerontologist. 2016;56 Suppl 1:S102-11 pubmed publisher..Clinicians who care for Veterans need to be aware that older women Veterans have more exposures to risk factors for lung cancer. ..
- Holodniy M, Almenoff J, Loutit J, Steinberg G. Cerebral sparganosis: case report and review. Rev Infect Dis. 1991;13:155-9 pubmed..Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay of cerebrospinal fluid or serum may be diagnostically helpful. However, the diagnosis is generally made after surgical resection, which is usually curative...
- Munemitsu S, Innis M, Clark R, McCormick F, Ullrich A, Polakis P. Molecular cloning and expression of a G25K cDNA, the human homolog of the yeast cell cycle gene CDC42. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:5977-82 pubmed..G25K appears to be the human homolog of the CDC42 gene product, since expression of the G25K cDNA in S. cerevisiae suppressed both cdc42-1 and cdc24-4 temperature-sensitive lethal mutations. ..
- Briskin M, McEvoy L, Butcher E. MAdCAM-1 has homology to immunoglobulin and mucin-like adhesion receptors and to IgA1. Nature. 1993;363:461-4 pubmed..MAdCAM-1 is thus a complex multidomain receptor displaying several structural motifs that may participate in lymphocyte homing interactions. ..
- Paluh J, Clayton D. Schizosaccharomyces pombe RNase MRP RNA is homologous to metazoan RNase MRP RNAs and may provide clues to interrelationships between RNase MRP and RNase P. Yeast. 1995;11:1249-64 pubmed
- Ojaniemi M, Vuori K. Epidermal growth factor modulates tyrosine phosphorylation of p130Cas. Involvement of phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase and actin cytoskeleton. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:25993-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate a novel signaling role for EGF in inducing changes in tyrosine phosphorylation of Cas and Cas-Crk complex formation and suggest that Cas could be a signaling component in EGF-mediated signal transduction. ..
- Bass D, Qiu S. Proteolytic processing of the astrovirus capsid. J Virol. 2000;74:1810-4 pubmed..This trypsin-enhanced infectivity correlated with conversion of the 79-kDa capsid protein to three smaller peptides of approximately 34, 29, and 26 kDa. ..
- Alonso A, Merlo J, Na S, Kholod N, Jaroszewski L, Kharitonenkov A, et al. Inhibition of T cell antigen receptor signaling by VHR-related MKPX (VHX), a new dual specificity phosphatase related to VH1 related (VHR). J Biol Chem. 2002;277:5524-8 pubmed..Thus, VHX is a new member of the VH1/VHR group of small dual-specific phosphatases that act in mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathways. ..
- Puto L, Pestonjamasp K, King C, Bokoch G. p21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1) interacts with the Grb2 adapter protein to couple to growth factor signaling. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:9388-93 pubmed..Blockade of this interaction decreased the epidermal growth factor-induced extension of membrane lamellae. Thus Grb2 may serve as an important mechanism for linking downstream PAK signaling to various upstream pathways. ..
- Carlton V, Harris B, Puffenberger E, Batta A, Knisely A, Robinson D, et al. Complex inheritance of familial hypercholanemia with associated mutations in TJP2 and BAAT. Nat Genet. 2003;34:91-6 pubmed..Mutations in both TJP2 and BAAT may disrupt bile acid transport and circulation. Inheritance seems to be oligogenic, with genotype at BAAT modifying penetrance in individuals homozygous with respect to the mutation in TJP2. ..
- Hwang P, Woo R, Fong K. Intranasal deposition of nebulized saline: a radionuclide distribution study. Am J Rhinol. 2006;20:255-61 pubmed..Understanding delivery patterns of topical therapies may be important in evaluating the efficacy of various topical treatment modalities. ..
- De A, Loening A, Gambhir S. An improved bioluminescence resonance energy transfer strategy for imaging intracellular events in single cells and living subjects. Cancer Res. 2007;67:7175-83 pubmed..Applications will include anticancer therapy screening in cell culture and in small living animals. ..
- Chang S, Caruso T, Shortliffe L. Magnetic resonance imaging detected renal volume reduction in refluxing and nonrefluxing kidneys. J Urol. 2007;178:2550-4 pubmed..Whether these findings represent renal atrophy or hypoplasia needs further investigation. ..
- Nakamura K, Rockson S. The role of the lymphatic circulation in the natural history and expression of cardiovascular disease. Int J Cardiol. 2008;129:309-17 pubmed publisher..Intensive exploration of lymphatic mechanisms of cardiovascular disease is likely to lead to enhanced insights and novel therapeutic approaches. ..
- SCHUBERT D. The problem with nutritionally enhanced plants. J Med Food. 2008;11:601-5 pubmed publisher..This will require a mandatory, scientifically rigorous review process. ..
- Fujiwara R, Chen S, Karin M, Tukey R. Reduced expression of UGT1A1 in intestines of humanized UGT1 mice via inactivation of NF-?B leads to hyperbilirubinemia. Gastroenterology. 2012;142:109-118.e2 pubmed publisher..Hyperbilirubinemia can be reduced by activation of pregnane X receptor, constitutive androstane receptor, or nuclear factor-?B. ..
- Reichelt M, Joubert L, Perrino J, Koh A, Phanwar I, Arvin A. 3D reconstruction of VZV infected cell nuclei and PML nuclear cages by serial section array scanning electron microscopy and electron tomography. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002740 pubmed publisher..This SSA-SEM analysis extends our recent characterization of PML cages and provides a proof of concept for this new strategy to investigate events during virion assembly at the single cell level. ..
- Thomas J, Henninger C. Subungual exostosis. Cutis. 2012;90:241-3 pubmed..We also review the clinical presentation, pathogenesis, histologic and radiographic findings, diagnosis, and treatment of SE...
- Reames B, Ejaz A, Koerkamp B, Alexandrescu S, Marques H, Aldrighetti L, et al. Impact of major vascular resection on outcomes and survival in patients with intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: A multi-institutional analysis. J Surg Oncol. 2017;116:133-139 pubmed publisher..We sought to define perioperative outcomes and survival of ICC patients undergoing hepatectomy with major vascular resection in a large international multi-institutional database...
- Park S, Phukan P, Zeeb M, Martinez Yamout M, Dyson H, Wright P. Structural Basis for Interaction of the Tandem Zinc Finger Domains of Human Muscleblind with Cognate RNA from Human Cardiac Troponin T. Biochemistry. 2017;56:4154-4168 pubmed publisher..Binding of the MBNL zinc fingers to cardiac troponin T pre-mRNA is specific and relatively simple, unlike the complex multiple dimer-trimer stoichiometries postulated in some previous studies. ..
- Bowditch R, Halloran C, Aota S, Obara M, Plow E, Yamada K, et al. Integrin alpha IIb beta 3 (platelet GPIIb-IIIa) recognizes multiple sites in fibronectin. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:23323-8 pubmed..These results demonstrate the presence of additional sequences in Fn that interact with integrin alpha IIb beta 3 and suggest that multiple sites in Fn are involved in its recognition by this integrin. ..
- Ozcelik T, Rosenthal A, Francke U. Chromosomal mapping of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and neurotrophin-3 genes in man and mouse. Genomics. 1991;10:569-75 pubmed..BDNF has been mapped to human chromosome 11p15.5-p11.2 and to mouse chromosome 2, and NTF3 to human chromosome 12p and mouse chromosome 6. ..
- Arcot S, Wang Z, Weber J, Deininger P, Batzer M. Alu repeats: a source for the genesis of primate microsatellites. Genomics. 1995;29:136-44 pubmed
- Zha H, Aime Sempe C, Sato T, Reed J. Proapoptotic protein Bax heterodimerizes with Bcl-2 and homodimerizes with Bax via a novel domain (BH3) distinct from BH1 and BH2. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:7440-4 pubmed..The findings suggest that the structural features of Bax and Bcl-2 that allow them to participate in homo-and heterodimerization phenomena are markedly different, despite their amino-acid sequence similarity. ..
- Kanemitsu M, Loo L, Simon S, Lau A, Eckhart W. Tyrosine phosphorylation of connexin 43 by v-Src is mediated by SH2 and SH3 domain interactions. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:22824-31 pubmed..These results provide further evidence for the direct involvement of v-Src in tyrosine phosphorylation of Cx43 and inhibition of gap junctional communication in v-src-transformed cells. ..
- Marinkovich M. Update on inherited bullous dermatoses. Dermatol Clin. 1999;17:473-85, vii pubmed..This review focuses on the progress which has been achieved in inherited bullous dermatoses. ..
- Kehlenbach R, Gerace L. Phosphorylation of the nuclear transport machinery down-regulates nuclear protein import in vitro. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:17848-56 pubmed..These results suggest that cells have mechanisms to negatively regulate entire nuclear transport pathways, thus providing a means to globally control cellular activity through effects on nucleocytoplasmic trafficking. ..
- Lu Z, Jiang G, Blume Jensen P, Hunter T. Epidermal growth factor-induced tumor cell invasion and metastasis initiated by dephosphorylation and downregulation of focal adhesion kinase. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:4016-31 pubmed
- Tan E, Sugiura K, Gupta S. The case definition of chronic fatigue syndrome. J Clin Immunol. 2002;22:8-12 pubmed
- Goldman M. Festoon formation after infraorbital botulinum A toxin: a case report. Dermatol Surg. 2003;29:560-1; discussion 561 pubmed..Caution must be exercised when performing infraocular injection of botulinum toxin A in patients with prior transtarsal lower lid blepharoplasty. ..
- Soen Y, Chen D, Kraft D, Davis M, Brown P. Detection and characterization of cellular immune responses using peptide-MHC microarrays. PLoS Biol. 2003;1:E65 pubmed
- Rodwell G, Sonu R, Zahn J, Lund J, Wilhelmy J, Wang L, et al. A transcriptional profile of aging in the human kidney. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:e427 pubmed..Finally, the set of aging-regulated kidney genes suggests specific mechanisms and pathways that may play a role in kidney degeneration with age. ..
- Meyer M, Trimmer J, Gilthorpe J, Smith S. Characterization of zebrafish PSD-95 gene family members. J Neurobiol. 2005;63:91-105 pubmed..These data are consistent with the idea that PSD-95 family members are involved in synapse assembly and function, and provide a platform for future functional studies in vivo in a highly tractable model organism. ..
- Hoylaerts M, Ding L, Narisawa S, Van Kerckhoven S, Millan J. Mammalian alkaline phosphatase catalysis requires active site structure stabilization via the N-terminal amino acid microenvironment. Biochemistry. 2006;45:9756-66 pubmed..These findings provide a mechanistic interpretation for loss-of-function mutations of N-terminal TNAP residues in cases of hypophosphatasia. ..
- Lin R, Blumenkranz M, Binkley J, Wu K, Vollrath D. A novel His158Arg mutation in TIMP3 causes a late-onset form of Sorsby fundus dystrophy. Am J Ophthalmol. 2006;142:839-48 pubmed..His158Arg is the first reported TIMP3 SFD coding sequence mutation that does not create an unpaired cysteine. Further study of this unusual mutation may provide insight into the mechanism of SFD pathogenesis. ..
- Wiggins G, Shaffrey C. Dorsal surgery for myelopathy and myeloradiculopathy. Neurosurgery. 2007;60:S71-81 pubmed..Additionally, the techniques of laminectomy, laminectomy with fusion, and laminoplasty are compared, and the results are reviewed. ..
- Kimball F, Romero F, Ezzili C, Garfunkle J, Rayl T, Hochstatter D, et al. Optimization of alpha-ketooxazole inhibitors of fatty acid amide hydrolase. J Med Chem. 2008;51:937-47 pubmed publisher..Combination of these independent features, which display generalized trends across a range of inhibitor series, simultaneously improves FAAH potency and selectivity and can provide exquisitely selective and potent FAAH inhibitors. ..
- Hu L, Pasta M, Mantia F, Cui L, Jeong S, Deshazer H, et al. Stretchable, porous, and conductive energy textiles. Nano Lett. 2010;10:708-14 pubmed publisher..These highly conductive textiles can provide new design opportunities for wearable electronics and energy storage applications. ..
- Vang T, Xie Y, Liu W, Vidović D, Liu Y, Wu S, et al. Inhibition of lymphoid tyrosine phosphatase by benzofuran salicylic acids. J Med Chem. 2011;54:562-71 pubmed publisher..Selectivity profiling against closely related tyrosine phosphatases and in silico docking studies with the crystal structure of Lyp yielded valuable information for the design of Lyp-specific compounds. ..
- Fischer A, Sambashivan S, Brunger A, Montal M. Beltless translocation domain of botulinum neurotoxin A embodies a minimum ion-conductive channel. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:1657-61 pubmed publisher..This notion is consistent with the hypothesis that although each domain of the holotoxin functions individually, each domain serves as a chaperone for the others. ..
- Chen Q, Prior M, Dargusch R, Roberts A, Riek R, Eichmann C, et al. A novel neurotrophic drug for cognitive enhancement and Alzheimer's disease. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27865 pubmed publisher..Using this approach, we identified an exceptionally potent, orally active, neurotrophic molecule that facilitates memory in normal rodents, and prevents the loss of synaptic proteins and cognitive decline in a transgenic AD mouse model...
- Goldstein M, Kohrt H, Houot R, Varghese B, Lin J, Swanson E, et al. Adoptive cell therapy for lymphoma with CD4 T cells depleted of CD137-expressing regulatory T cells. Cancer Res. 2012;72:1239-47 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings identify 2 surface markers that can be used to facilitate the enrichment of antitumor CD4 T cells while depleting an inhibitory T(reg) population. ..
- Hilgendorff A, Parai K, Ertsey R, Juliana Rey Parra G, Thebaud B, Tamosiuniene R, et al. Neonatal mice genetically modified to express the elastase inhibitor elafin are protected against the adverse effects of mechanical ventilation on lung growth. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2012;303:L215-27 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that degradation and remodeling of lung elastin can contribute to defective lung growth in response to MV-O(2) and might be targeted therapeutically to prevent ventilator-induced neonatal lung injury. ..
- Weakley D, Lynn M, DuBois L, Cotsonis G, Wilson M, Buckley E, et al. Myopic Shift 5 Years after Intraocular Lens Implantation in the Infant Aphakia Treatment Study. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:822-827 pubmed publisher..5 D at 4 to 6 weeks and +8.50 D from 7 weeks to 6 months. However, even using these targets, it is likely that many children will require additional refractive correction given the high variability of refractive outcomes. ..
- Shi C, Gralnek I, Dulai G, Towfigh A, Asch S. Consumer usage patterns of nonprescription histamine2-receptor antagonists. Am J Gastroenterol. 2004;99:606-10 pubmed..Further studies are needed to assess patient outcomes, identify remedies, and explore implications for the reclassification of PPIs. ..
- Schmid M, Varner J. Chapter 15. Methods to study myeloid cell roles in angiogenesis. Methods Enzymol. 2008;445:343-71 pubmed publisher..Finally, we review methods to characterize myeloid cell trafficking in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Ahn K, Erlander M, Leturcq D, Peterson P, Fruh K, Yang Y. In vivo characterization of the proteasome regulator PA28. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:18237-42 pubmed..Moreover, we demonstrate that PA28 complex is a heterohexamer composed of both alpha and beta subunits with a stoichiometry of alpha3beta3 in an alternating order. ..
- Li L, Li X, Francke U, Cohen S. The TSG101 tumor susceptibility gene is located in chromosome 11 band p15 and is mutated in human breast cancer. Cell. 1997;88:143-54 pubmed..No TSG101 defects were found in matched normal breast tissue from the breast cancer patients. These findings strongly implicate TSG101 mutations in human breast cancer. ..
- Watenpaugh D, Ballard R, Schneider S, Lee S, Ertl A, William J, et al. Supine lower body negative pressure exercise during bed rest maintains upright exercise capacity. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2000;89:218-27 pubmed..05). Supine LBNP exercise during bed rest maintained all the above variables at pre-bed-rest levels. Our findings support further evaluation of LBNP exercise as a countermeasure against long-term microgravity-induced deconditioning...
- Ayton P, Cleary M. Molecular mechanisms of leukemogenesis mediated by MLL fusion proteins. Oncogene. 2001;20:5695-707 pubmed..We discuss potential mechanisms that may account for the ability of distinct MLL fusion proteins to promote short or long latency leukemogenesis. ..
- Blower S, Volberding P. What can modeling tell us about the threat of antiviral drug resistance?. Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2002;15:609-14 pubmed..Once goals have been defined it can then be decided whether a high prevalence of drug-resistant HIV is a threat or simply a justified means to an end. ..
- Patapoutian A, Peier A, Story G, Viswanath V. ThermoTRP channels and beyond: mechanisms of temperature sensation. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2003;4:529-39 pubmed
- Deng G, Bell I, Crawley S, Gum J, Terdiman J, Allen B, et al. BRAF mutation is frequently present in sporadic colorectal cancer with methylated hMLH1, but not in hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:191-5 pubmed..This discrepancy of BRAF mutations between sporadic MSI+ cancer and HNPCC might be used in a strategy for the detection of HNPCC families. ..
- Williams P, Buchanan G, Feling R, Kauffman C, Jensen P, Fenical W. New cytotoxic salinosporamides from the marine Actinomycete Salinispora tropica. J Org Chem. 2005;70:6196-203 pubmed..New SAR data for all eight compounds, derived from extensive testing against the human colon carcinoma HCT-116 and the 60-cell-line panel at the NCI, indicate that the chloroethyl moiety plays a major role in the enhanced activity of 1...
- Gerson L, Batenic M, Newsom S, Ross A, Semrad C. Long-term outcomes after double-balloon enteroscopy for obscure gastrointestinal bleeding. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;7:664-9 pubmed..At 30 months after DBE, up to 60% of patients report no further bleeding. Patients with AVMs or normal examinations to the depth of insertion are most likely to report recurrent hemorrhage. ..
- Kessler D, Brady D. Putting the public's money where its mouth is. Health Aff (Millwood). 2009;28:w917-25 pubmed publisher..Our results reflect a tension in public opinion recognized by previous investigators: a desire for reform but limited willingness to pay for it. ..
- Hong V, Steinmetz N, Manchester M, Finn M. Labeling live cells by copper-catalyzed alkyne--azide click chemistry. Bioconjug Chem. 2010;21:1912-6 pubmed publisher..This procedure extends the application of this fastest of azide-based bioorthogonal reactions to the exterior of living cells. ..
- Zeitzer J, Ruby N, Fisicaro R, Heller H. Response of the human circadian system to millisecond flashes of light. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22078 pubmed publisher..These data are consistent with the hypothesis that the circadian system can temporally integrate extraordinarily brief light exposures. ..
- Gianella S, Mehta S, Strain M, Young J, Vargas M, Little S, et al. Impact of seminal cytomegalovirus replication on HIV-1 dynamics between blood and semen. J Med Virol. 2012;84:1703-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the effects of CMV replication on HIV-1 viral and immunologic dynamics within the male genital tract are not significant enough to perturb evolution or disrupt compartmentalization in the genital tract. ..
- Li L, Guan K. Microtubule-associated protein/microtubule affinity-regulating kinase 4 (MARK4) is a negative regulator of the mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1). J Biol Chem. 2013;288:703-8 pubmed publisher..In addition, we found that MARK4 phosphorylates Raptor, a key component of mTORC1, and this phosphorylation may interfere with Raptor-Rag interaction. Our data demonstrate MARK4 as a new negative regulator of mTORC1. ..
- Ang L, Thani K, Ilapakurti M, Lee M, Palakodeti V, Mahmud E. Elevated plasma fibrinogen rather than residual platelet reactivity after clopidogrel pre-treatment is associated with an increased ischemic risk during elective percutaneous coronary intervention. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;61:23-34 pubmed publisher..5 mg/dl). Elevated fibrinogen is independently associated with the risk of ischemic myocardial injury following elective PCI with clopidogrel pre-treatment regardless of platelet reactivity as measured by the VerifyNow assay. ..
- Liu Y, Mattila J, Schmid S. Dynamin-catalyzed membrane fission requires coordinated GTP hydrolysis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55691 pubmed publisher..These studies establish that efficient fission from supported bilayers with excess membrane reservoir (SUPER) templates requires coordinated GTP hydrolysis across two rungs of an assembled dynamin collar. ..
- Larocque K, Smith M, Carr V, Witthoft N, Grill Spector K, Wagner A. Global similarity and pattern separation in the human medial temporal lobe predict subsequent memory. J Neurosci. 2013;33:5466-74 pubmed publisher..These data provide novel evidence that complementary MTL encoding computations subserve declarative memory. ..
- Chiu C, Leng S, Martin K, Kim E, Gorman S, Duhl D. Cloning and characterization of T-cell lymphoma invasion and metastasis 2 (TIAM2), a novel guanine nucleotide exchange factor related to TIAM1. Genomics. 1999;61:66-73 pubmed..In situ hybridizations demonstrate TIAM2 expression in the E13.5 telencephalon of mouse embryos and in the cerebral cortex, hippocampus, and ependyma of adult mouse brains. ..
- Yuen A, Halsey J, Fisher G, Holmlund J, Geary R, Kwoh T, et al. Phase I study of an antisense oligonucleotide to protein kinase C-alpha (ISIS 3521/CGP 64128A) in patients with cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 1999;5:3357-63 pubmed..0 mg/kg/day when given over a period of 21 days. Side effects are modest and consist of thrombocytopenia and fatigue. Evidence of antitumor activity provides the rationale for Phase II studies in ovarian cancer and other malignancies. ..
- Suzuki Y. Host resistance in the brain against Toxoplasma gondii. J Infect Dis. 2002;185 Suppl 1:S58-65 pubmed..Strains of T. gondii also affect development of TE. Genotypes of the parasite may be an important factor for determining development of TE. ..