Experts and Doctors on heart transplantation in California, United States
Locale: California, United States
Topic: heart transplantation
- Kown M, van der Steenhoven T, Jahncke C, Mari C, Lijkwan M, Koransky M, et al. Zinc chloride-mediated reduction of apoptosis as an adjunct immunosuppressive modality in cardiac transplantation. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2002;21:360-5 pubmed..Simultaneous treatment of rat recipients of heterotopic heart transplants with zinc chloride (ZnCl(2)) thus may allow lower doses of CsA for immunosuppression...
- Parikh R, Khush K, Luikart H, Pargaonkar V, Kobayashi Y, Lee J, et al. Impact of Asymmetric Dimethylarginine on Coronary Physiology Early After Heart Transplantation. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1020-1025 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, baseline ADMA was a strong independent predictor of FFR <0.90, suggesting that elevated ADMA levels are associated with abnormal epicardial function soon after heart transplantation. ..
- Chan M, Stalder M, Lam T, Tye T, Borie D, Morris R. Use of echocardiography to assess function of hDAF-transgenic pig cardiac xenografts. Transplant Proc. 2005;37:1923-5 pubmed..Echocardiography has, therefore, the potential to detect and treat early rejection episodes of heterotopic heart xenografts in nonhuman primates. This may help to achieve longer graft survival. ..
- Tanaka M, Mokhtari G, Terry R, Gunawan F, Balsam L, Hoyt G, et al. Prolonged cold ischemia in rat cardiac allografts promotes ischemia-reperfusion injury and the development of graft coronary artery disease in a linear fashion. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2005;24:1906-14 pubmed..More important, that prolonged cold ischemia correlates with increased GCAD. ..
- Al Khaldi A, Reitz B, Zhu H, Rosenthal D. Heterotopic heart transplant combined with postoperative Sildenafil use for the treatment of restrictive cardiomyopathy. Ann Thorac Surg. 2006;81:1505-7 pubmed..Additional lessons learned from postoperative management, including the novel use of Sildenafil (Viagra, Pfizer, NY) for controlling pulmonary arterial pressure are described. ..
- Mainwaring R, Reddy V, Reinhartz O, Petrossian E, MacDonald M, Nasirov T, et al. Anomalous aortic origin of a coronary artery: medium-term results after surgical repair in 50 patients. Ann Thorac Surg. 2011;92:691-7 pubmed publisher..Controversies exist regarding the diagnosis, treatment, and long-term recommendations for patients with AAOCA. The purpose of this study is to evaluate the medium-term results of surgical repair for AAOCA...
- Fearon W, Okada K, Kobashigawa J, Kobayashi Y, Luikart H, Sana S, et al. Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibition Early After Heart Transplantation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:2832-2841 pubmed publisher..Angiotensin Converting Enzyme [ACE] Inhibition and Cardiac Allograft Vasculopathy; NCT01078363). ..
- van der Starre P, Deuse T, Pritts C, Brun C, Vogel H, Oyer P. Late profound muscle weakness following heart transplantation due to Danon disease. Muscle Nerve. 2013;47:135-7 pubmed publisher..This report underlines the need for early availability of pathology results from the explanted heart, which showed the same disorder. ..
- Bernstein D, Williams G, Eisen H, Mital S, Wohlgemuth J, Klingler T, et al. Gene expression profiling distinguishes a molecular signature for grade 1B mild acute cellular rejection in cardiac allograft recipients. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2007;26:1270-80 pubmed..The clinical relevance of these data remains to be defined. ..
- Kutschka I, Chen I, Kofidis T, Arai T, von Degenfeld G, Sheikh A, et al. Collagen matrices enhance survival of transplanted cardiomyoblasts and contribute to functional improvement of ischemic rat hearts. Circulation. 2006;114:I167-73 pubmed..Further optimization of the graft design should make restoration of large myocardial infarctions by tissue engineering approaches effective. ..
- Kofidis T, de Bruin J, Hoyt G, Ho Y, Tanaka M, Yamane T, et al. Myocardial restoration with embryonic stem cell bioartificial tissue transplantation. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2005;24:737-44 pubmed..The present study utilizes embryonic stem cells as the substrate of bioartificial myocardial tissue and evaluates engraftment in, and functional recovery of, the recipient heart...
- Perlroth M, Miller J. Pseudoallescheria boydii pneumonia and empyema: a rare complication of heart transplantation cured with voriconazole. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2004;23:647-9 pubmed..Pseudoallescheria boydii pneumonia is a rare occurrence, usually resistant to amphotericin B and other anti-fungal agents. We report a complete response to voriconazole in an immunosuppressed host...
- Chin C, Hunt S, Robbins R, Hoppe R, Reitz B, Bernstein D. Long-term follow-up after total lymphoid irradiation in pediatric heart transplant recipients. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2002;21:667-73 pubmed..Total lymphoid irradiation is an effective treatment for recurrent rejection and has short- and long-term efficacy. Morbid events may include cancer, graft coronary artery disease, and restrictive cardiomyopathy. ..