Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on guanosine triphosphate in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Topic: guanosine triphosphate
- Das U, Wang L, Smith P, Jacewicz A, Shuman S. Structures of bacterial polynucleotide kinase in a Michaelis complex with GTP•Mg2+ and 5'-OH oligonucleotide and a product complex with GDP•Mg2+ and 5'-PO4 oligonucleotide reveal a mechanism of general acid-base catalysis and the determinants of phos. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:1152-61 pubmed publisher..Asp38 serves as a general acid catalyst during the 'reverse kinase' reaction by donating a proton to the O5' leaving group of the 5'-PO4 strand. The acceptor strand binding mode of CthPnk is distinct from that of bacteriophage T4 Pnk. ..
- Goldberg J. Structural basis for activation of ARF GTPase: mechanisms of guanine nucleotide exchange and GTP-myristoyl switching. Cell. 1998;95:237-48 pubmed..The transition controls the exposure of the myristoylated N terminus, explaining how ARF GTPases couple the GDP-GTP conformational switch to membrane binding. ..
- Srinivasan B, Forouhar F, Shukla A, Sampangi C, Kulkarni S, Abashidze M, et al. Allosteric regulation and substrate activation in cytosolic nucleotidase II from Legionella pneumophila. FEBS J. 2014;281:1613-1628 pubmed publisher..LpcN-II and LpcN-II bind by molecular sieving (View interaction) LpcN-II and LpcN-II bind by x-ray crystallography (View interaction) [Structured digital abstract was added on 5 March 2014 after original online publication]. ..
- Leyh T, Suo Y. GTPase-mediated activation of ATP sulfurylase. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:542-5 pubmed..This is the first evidence that the sulfate activation pathway is a metabolic target for regulation by a GTPase. ..
- Roll Mecak A, Cao C, Dever T, Burley S. X-Ray structures of the universal translation initiation factor IF2/eIF5B: conformational changes on GDP and GTP binding. Cell. 2000;103:781-92 pubmed..Mechanisms of GTPase function and ribosome binding are discussed...
- Das S, Ghosh R, Maitra U. Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 5 functions as a GTPase-activating protein. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:6720-6 pubmed..The implications of these results in relation to other well characterized GAPs are discussed and provide additional evidence that eIF5 functions as a GTPase-activating protein. ..
- Kimmelman A, Osada M, Chan A. R-Ras3, a brain-specific Ras-related protein, activates Akt and promotes cell survival in PC12 cells. Oncogene. 2000;19:2014-22 pubmed..As expected, this biological activity of R-Ras3 was also abrogated by the addition of LY294002. Thus, R-Ras3 represents a novel G-protein which may play a role in cell survival of neural-derived cells. ..
- Jain R, Shuman S. Polyphosphatase activity of CthTTM, a bacterial triphosphate tunnel metalloenzyme. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:31047-57 pubmed publisher..We discuss models for substrate binding in the triphosphate tunnel. ..
- Roll Mecak A, Shin B, Dever T, Burley S. Engaging the ribosome: universal IFs of translation. Trends Biochem Sci. 2001;26:705-9 pubmed..These processes yield a translationally competent ribosome with Met-tRNA in the ribosomal peptidyl-tRNA site (P site), base-paired to the AUG start codon of a mRNA. ..
- Das S, Maitra U. Mutational analysis of mammalian translation initiation factor 5 (eIF5): role of interaction between the beta subunit of eIF2 and eIF5 in eIF5 function in vitro and in vivo. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:3942-50 pubmed..These findings suggest that eIF5-eIF2beta interaction plays an essential role in eIF5 function in eukaryotic cells. ..
- Merkler D, Schramm V. Catalytic and regulatory site composition of yeast AMP deaminase by comparative binding and rate studies. Resolution of the cooperative mechanism. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:4420-6 pubmed..The data are used to estimate the rates of AMP hydrolysis under reported metabolite concentrations in yeast. ..
- Marin E, Krishna A, Sakmar T. Rapid activation of transducin by mutations distant from the nucleotide-binding site: evidence for a mechanistic model of receptor-catalyzed nucleotide exchange by G proteins. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:27400-5 pubmed..We propose that the alpha5 helix comprises a functional microdomain in G proteins that affects basal nucleotide release rates and mediates receptor-catalyzed nucleotide exchange at a distance from the nucleotide-binding pocket. ..
- Lee D, Cox D, Li J, Greenberg S. Rac1 and Cdc42 are required for phagocytosis, but not NF-kappaB-dependent gene expression, in macrophages challenged with Pseudomonas aeruginosa. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:141-6 pubmed..Rac1 and Cdc42 serve as effectors of phagocytosis, but not NF-kappaB-dependent gene expression, in the macrophage response to P. aeruginosa. ..
- Chakravarty A, Subbotin R, Chait B, Shuman S. RNA ligase RtcB splices 3'-phosphate and 5'-OH ends via covalent RtcB-(histidinyl)-GMP and polynucleotide-(3')pp(5')G intermediates. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:6072-7 pubmed publisher..RtcB is structurally sui generis, and its chemical mechanism is unique. The wide distribution of RtcB proteins in bacteria, archaea, and metazoa raises the prospect of an alternative enzymology based on covalently activated 3' ends...
- Chakrabarti A, Maitra U. Function of eukaryotic initiation factor 5 in the formation of an 80 S ribosomal polypeptide chain initiation complex. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:14039-45 pubmed..40 S.AUG.Met-tRNAf.eIF-2.GTP) eIF-5----(40 S.AUG.Met-tRNAf) + (eIF-2.GDP) + Pi (1) (40 S.AUG.Met-tRNAf) + 60 S----(80 S.AUG.Met-tRNAf) (2) 80 S initiation complex. ..
- Ford B, Skowronek K, Boykevisch S, Bar Sagi D, Nassar N. Structure of the G60A mutant of Ras: implications for the dominant negative effect. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:25697-705 pubmed..Our data suggest that the dominant negative effect observed for RasG60A.GTP could result from the sequestering of Sos in a non-productive Ras-GTP-guanine nucleotide exchange factor ternary complex. ..
- Rodriguez Gabin A, Almazan G, Larocca J. Vesicle transport in oligodendrocytes: probable role of Rab40c protein. J Neurosci Res. 2004;76:758-70 pubmed..The importance of this recycling in myelin formation is suggested by the increase in both Rab40c mRNA and Rab40c protein as oligodendrocytes differentiate. ..
- Mor A, Haklai R, Ben Moshe O, Mekori Y, Kloog Y. Inhibition of contact sensitivity by farnesylthiosalicylic acid-amide, a potential Rap1 inhibitor. J Invest Dermatol. 2011;131:2040-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, FTS-A inhibited Rap1 and contact sensitivity far better than FTS. We suggest that FTS-A may serve as a possible therapeutic tool in contact sensitivity in particular and T-cell-mediated inflammation in general. ..
- Xu X, Marx S, Colecraft H. Molecular mechanisms, and selective pharmacological rescue, of Rem-inhibited CaV1.2 channels in heart. Circ Res. 2010;107:620-30 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a different perspective on the molecular mechanisms and structural determinants underlying RGK GTPase inhibition of Ca(V)1.2 channels in heart, and suggest new (patho)physiological dimensions of this crosstalk. ..
- Das S, Maitra U. Functional significance and mechanism of eIF5-promoted GTP hydrolysis in eukaryotic translation initiation. Prog Nucleic Acid Res Mol Biol. 2001;70:207-31 pubmed..This invariant arginine residue is presumably involved in the stabilization of the transition state of the GTP hydrolysis reaction catalyzed by initiation factor eIF2. ..
- Floer M, Blobel G. Putative reaction intermediates in Crm1-mediated nuclear protein export. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:16279-86 pubmed..Recycling of a Ran/RanGEF complex by GTP and Mg2+ is stimulated by both Crm1 and Rev, allowing reformation of a Rev/Crm1/RanGTP complex. Based on these reactions we propose a model for Crm1-mediated export. ..
- Maiti T, Maitra U. Characterization of translation initiation factor 5 (eIF5) from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Functional homology with mammalian eIF5 and the effect of depletion of eIF5 on protein synthesis in vivo and in vitro. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:18333-40 pubmed..Additionally, we show that rat eIF5 can functionally substitute yeast eIF5 in translation of mRNAs in vitro as well as in complementing in vivo a genetic disruption in the chromosomal copy of TIF5. ..
- Chook Y, Blobel G. Structure of the nuclear transport complex karyopherin-beta2-Ran x GppNHp. Nature. 1999;399:230-7 pubmed
- Mossessova E, Corpina R, Goldberg J. Crystal structure of ARF1*Sec7 complexed with Brefeldin A and its implications for the guanine nucleotide exchange mechanism. Mol Cell. 2003;12:1403-11 pubmed..Thus, the Sec7 domain may act as a dual catalyst, facilitating both nucleotide release and conformational switching on ARF proteins. ..
- Sundermeier T, Karzai A. Functional SmpB-ribosome interactions require tmRNA. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:34779-86 pubmed..We propose that a 1:1:1 complex of SmpB.tmRNA.EF-Tu(GTP) recognizes and binds a stalled ribosome to initiate trans-translation. ..
- Wei J, Liu C, Leyh T. The role of enzyme isomerization in the native catalytic cycle of the ATP sulfurylase-GTPase system. Biochemistry. 2000;39:4704-10 pubmed..These findings are incorporated into a model of the energy-coupling mechanism. ..
- Guo D, Zhang J, Huang X. Stimulation of guanylyl cyclase-D by bicarbonate. Biochemistry. 2009;48:4417-22 pubmed publisher..Here we have demonstrated that bicarbonate directly increases the activity of purified GC-D. Bicarbonate also increases the cGMP levels in cells expressing GC-D. These results identify bicarbonate as a small molecule that regulates GC-D...
- Ford B, Boykevisch S, Zhao C, Kunzelmann S, Bar Sagi D, Herrmann C, et al. Characterization of a Ras mutant with identical GDP- and GTP-bound structures . Biochemistry. 2009;48:11449-57 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that flexibility at position 60 is required for proper Sos-catalyzed nucleotide exchange and that structural information is somehow shared among the switch regions and the different nucleotide binding motifs. ..
- Kuge O, Dascher C, Orci L, Rowe T, Amherdt M, Plutner H, et al. Sar1 promotes vesicle budding from the endoplasmic reticulum but not Golgi compartments. J Cell Biol. 1994;125:51-65 pubmed
- Kierszenbaum A, Gil M, Rivkin E, Tres L. Ran, a GTP-binding protein involved in nucleocytoplasmic transport and microtubule nucleation, relocates from the manchette to the centrosome region during rat spermiogenesis. Mol Reprod Dev. 2002;63:131-40 pubmed
- Wei J, Leyh T. Conformational change rate-limits GTP hydrolysis: the mechanism of the ATP sulfurylase-GTPase. Biochemistry. 1998;37:17163-9 pubmed..The implications of these finding for GTPase/target interactions and the mechanism of energetic linkage in the ATP sulfurylase system are discussed. ..
- Tanaka N, Schwer B. Characterization of the NTPase, RNA-binding, and RNA helicase activities of the DEAH-box splicing factor Prp22. Biochemistry. 2005;44:9795-803 pubmed..We show that Prp22 can hydrolyze all common NTPs and dNTPs with comparable efficiencies and that Prp22 unwinds RNA duplexes with 3' to 5' directionality. ..
- Kimmelman A, Nuñez Rodriguez N, Chan A. R-Ras3/M-Ras induces neuronal differentiation of PC12 cells through cell-type-specific activation of the mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:5946-61 pubmed..Thus, R-Ras3 is implicated in a novel pathway of neuronal differentiation by coupling specific trophic factors to the MAPK cascade through the activation of B-Raf. ..
- Frederick J, Eichinger D. Entamoeba invadens contains the components of a classical adrenergic signaling system. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2004;137:339-43 pubmed..Entamoeba trophozoites therefore appear to contain G-protein-regulated adenylyl cyclase that functions downstream of an adrenergic ligand receptor. ..
- Sukal S, Leyh T. Product release during the first turnover of the ATP sulfurylase-GTPase. Biochemistry. 2001;40:15009-16 pubmed..PP(i).E.GTP']/[AMP.PP(i).E.GDP.P(i)] = 0.7. The data are fit, using global analysis, to obtain a complete kinetic and energetic description of this GTPase reaction. ..
- Carty D, Padrell E, Codina J, Birnbaumer L, Hildebrandt J, Iyengar R. Distinct guanine nucleotide binding and release properties of the three Gi proteins. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:6268-73 pubmed
- Albertini M, Pemberton L, Rosenblum J, Blobel G. A novel nuclear import pathway for the transcription factor TFIIS. J Cell Biol. 1998;143:1447-55 pubmed..Hence Kap119p is a novel karyopherin that is responsible for the import of the transcription elongation factor TFIIS. ..
- Pagler T, Wang M, Mondal M, Murphy A, Westerterp M, Moore K, et al. Deletion of ABCA1 and ABCG1 impairs macrophage migration because of increased Rac1 signaling. Circ Res. 2011;108:194-200 pubmed publisher..In contrast free cholesterol loading of macrophages leads to imbalanced Rac1/Rho activities and impaired chemotaxis...
- Liu C, Suo Y, Leyh T. The energetic linkage of GTP hydrolysis and the synthesis of activated sulfate. Biochemistry. 1994;33:7309-14 pubmed..These findings establish the mechanism of energy transfer in this novel GTPase/target system, and substantially alter our understanding of the energetics of sulfate activation, an essential step in the metabolic assimilation of sulfur. ..
- Yang M, Leyh T. Altering the reaction coordinate of the ATP sulfurylase-GTPase reaction. Biochemistry. 1997;36:3270-7 pubmed..The Gibbs energy changes that occur in the reaction coordinate upon binding of AMP clearly show that the catalytic effect of AMP is due primarily to its -3.1 kcal/mol stabilization of the rate-limiting transition state. ..
- Ryan X, Alldritt J, Svenningsson P, Allen P, Wu G, Nairn A, et al. The Rho-specific GEF Lfc interacts with neurabin and spinophilin to regulate dendritic spine morphology. Neuron. 2005;47:85-100 pubmed..Thus, interaction between Lfc and neurabin/spinophilin selectively regulates Rho-dependent organization of F-actin in spines and is a link between the microtubule and F-actin cytoskeletons in dendrites. ..
- Wang R, Liu C, Leyh T. Allosteric regulation of the ATP sulfurylase associated GTPase. Biochemistry. 1995;34:490-5 pubmed..These studies provide an in-depth view of the energetic interactions between the two active sites at each step of the APS-forming reaction. ..
- Paige J, Nguyen Duc T, Song W, Jaffrey S. Fluorescence imaging of cellular metabolites with RNA. Science. 2012;335:1194 pubmed publisher..These RNAs constitute a versatile approach for fluorescence imaging of small molecules and have the potential to detect essentially any cellular biomolecule. ..
- Bivona T, Wiener H, Ahearn I, Silletti J, Chiu V, Philips M. Rap1 up-regulation and activation on plasma membrane regulates T cell adhesion. J Cell Biol. 2004;164:461-70 pubmed..These observations may explain some of the biological differences between these GTPases. ..
- Court H, Ahearn I, Amoyel M, Bach E, Philips M. Regulation of NOTCH signaling by RAB7 and RAB8 requires carboxyl methylation by ICMT. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:4165-4182 pubmed publisher..Deficiency of ICMT, RAB7, or RAB8 led to mislocalization and diminished processing of NOTCH1-GFP. Thus, NOTCH signaling requires ICMT in part because it requires methylated RAB7 and RAB8. ..
- Harry A, Chen Y, Magnusson R, Iyengar R, Weng G. Differential regulation of adenylyl cyclases by Galphas. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:19017-21 pubmed..These mechanistic differences may provide an explanation for the varied responses by different cells and tissues to hormones that elevate cAMP levels. ..
- Alphonse S, Bhattacharya S, Wang H, Ghose R. Methyl Relaxation Measurements Reveal Patterns of Fast Dynamics in a Viral RNA-Directed RNA Polymerase. Biochemistry. 2015;54:5828-38 pubmed publisher..Comparison with the limited experimental and extensive functional and in silico results available for homologous systems suggests conservation of the overall pattern of dynamics in viral RdRps. ..
- Kim S, Sato Y, Mohan P, Peterhoff C, Pensalfini A, Rigoglioso A, et al. Evidence that the rab5 effector APPL1 mediates APP-Î²CTF-induced dysfunction of endosomes in Down syndrome and Alzheimer's disease. Mol Psychiatry. 2016;21:707-16 pubmed publisher..These studies indicate that persistent rab5 overactivation through Î²CTF-APPL1 interactions constitutes a novel APP-dependent pathogenic pathway in AD. ..
- Helms J, Palmer D, Rothman J. Two distinct populations of ARF bound to Golgi membranes. J Cell Biol. 1993;121:751-60 pubmed..Once associated with the membrane, activated ARF can diffuse freely to associate stably with a target protein or possibly can be inactivated by a GTPase activating protein (GAP) activity. ..
- Chen Y, Samaraweera P, Sun T, Kreibich G, Orlow S. Rab27b association with melanosomes: dominant negative mutants disrupt melanosomal movement. J Invest Dermatol. 2002;118:933-40 pubmed..Our results suggest that Rab27b may regulate the outward movement of melanosomes and the formation or maintenance of dendritic extensions in melanocytes. ..
- Li W, Atkinson G, Thakor N, Allas U, Lu C, Chan K, et al. Mechanism of tetracycline resistance by ribosomal protection protein Tet(O). Nat Commun. 2013;4:1477 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these findings, the mechanism of Tet(O)-mediated tetracycline resistance can be explained in molecular detail...
- Schwartz T, Blobel G. Structural basis for the function of the beta subunit of the eukaryotic signal recognition particle receptor. Cell. 2003;112:793-803 pubmed..The results suggest that the GTP/GDP switch cycle of SR beta functions as a regulatory switch for the receptor dimerization. We discuss the implications for the translocation pathway. ..
- Nairn A, Palfrey H. Identification of the major Mr 100,000 substrate for calmodulin-dependent protein kinase III in mammalian cells as elongation factor-2. J Biol Chem. 1987;262:17299-303 pubmed..These results suggest that intracellular Ca2+ inhibits protein synthesis in mammalian cells via CaM-dependent protein kinase III-catalyzed phosphorylation of EF-2. ..
- Pemberton L, Rosenblum J, Blobel G. Nuclear import of the TATA-binding protein: mediation by the karyopherin Kap114p and a possible mechanism for intranuclear targeting. J Cell Biol. 1999;145:1407-17 pubmed..This suggests a mechanism where, once in the nucleus, TBP is preferentially released from Kap114p at the promoter of genes to be transcribed. In this fashion Kap114p may play a role in the intranuclear targeting of TBP. ..
- Liu C, Martin E, Leyh T. GTPase activation of ATP sulfurylase: the mechanism. Biochemistry. 1994;33:2042-7 pubmed..Product inhibition studies indicate that PPi release occurs prior to the addition of sulfate and APS formation. These results are used to construct a proposed mechanism for the GTP-activated synthesis of APS. ..
- Goldberg J. Structural and functional analysis of the ARF1-ARFGAP complex reveals a role for coatomer in GTP hydrolysis. Cell. 1999;96:893-902 pubmed..Thus, a tripartite complex controls the GTP hydrolysis reaction triggering disassembly of COPI vesicle coats. ..
- Bi X, Corpina R, Goldberg J. Structure of the Sec23/24-Sar1 pre-budding complex of the COPII vesicle coat. Nature. 2002;419:271-7 pubmed..These observations establish the structural basis for GTP-dependent recruitment of a vesicular coat complex, and for uncoating through coat-controlled GTP hydrolysis...
- Floer M, Blobel G, Rexach M. Disassembly of RanGTP-karyopherin beta complex, an intermediate in nuclear protein import. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:19538-46 pubmed..Additional nucleoporin domains that bind karyopherin alphabeta stimulate recycling of karyopherin beta and Ran in a manner similar to the C terminus of Nup1. ..
- Wu J, Matunis M, Kraemer D, Blobel G, Coutavas E. Nup358, a cytoplasmically exposed nucleoporin with peptide repeats, Ran-GTP binding sites, zinc fingers, a cyclophilin A homologous domain, and a leucine-rich region. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:14209-13 pubmed..Thus, Nup358 is the first nucleoporin shown to contain binding sites for two of three soluble nuclear transport factors so far isolated, namely karyopherin and Ran-GTP. ..
- Li X, Tan Y, Poulose S, Olanow C, Huang X, Yue Z. Leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 (LRRK2)/PARK8 possesses GTPase activity that is altered in familial Parkinson's disease R1441C/G mutants. J Neurochem. 2007;103:238-47 pubmed..The distinctive levels of kinase/GTPase activity in brain LRRK2 may help explain LRRK2-associated neuronal functions or dysfunctions in the pathogenesis of PD. ..
- Leyh T. On the advantages of imperfect energetic linkage. Methods Enzymol. 1999;308:48-70 pubmed
- Gao P, Ascano M, Wu Y, Barchet W, Gaffney B, Zillinger T, et al. Cyclic [G(2',5')pA(3',5')p] is the metazoan second messenger produced by DNA-activated cyclic GMP-AMP synthase. Cell. 2013;153:1094-107 pubmed publisher..Our studies have identified c[G(2',5')pA(3',5')p] as a founding member of a family of metazoan 2',5'-containing cyclic heterodinucleotide second messengers distinct from bacterial 3',5' cyclic dinucleotides. ..
- Floer M, Blobel G. The nuclear transport factor karyopherin beta binds stoichiometrically to Ran-GTP and inhibits the Ran GTPase activating protein. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:5313-6 pubmed..Ran-GDP bound only weakly to karyopherin beta. We propose that stoichiometric complex formation between karyopherin beta and Ran-GTP renders Ran-GTP inaccessible to RanGAP. ..
- Monaco M, Feldman M. Extraction and stabilization of mammalian CDP-diacylglycerol synthase activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;239:166-70 pubmed..Addition of GTP enhanced the activity approximately 2 fold, and bovine serum albumin increased activity by 6 fold. ..
- Ren M, Villamarin A, Shih A, Coutavas E, Moore M, LoCurcio M, et al. Separate domains of the Ran GTPase interact with different factors to regulate nuclear protein import and RNA processing. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:2117-24 pubmed
- Tamma S, Kalyanaraman V, Pahwa S, Dominguez P, Modesto R. The lectin jacalin induces phosphorylation of ERK and JNK in CD4+ T cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2003;73:682-8 pubmed..Jacalin may be used as a possible tool for the study of CD4-mediated signal transduction and HIV-impaired CD4(+) T cell activation. ..
- Yu X, Breitman M, Goldberg J. A structure-based mechanism for Arf1-dependent recruitment of coatomer to membranes. Cell. 2012;148:530-42 pubmed publisher..A bivalent GTP-dependent binding mode has implications for the dynamics of coatomer interaction with the Golgi and for the selection of cargo molecules. ..
- Yaseen N, Blobel G. Cloning and characterization of human karyopherin beta3. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:4451-6 pubmed..Furthermore, it interacted with two ribosomal proteins in an overlay assay. We suggest that karyopherin beta3 is a nuclear transport factor that may mediate the import of some ribosomal proteins into the nucleus. ..
- Sun M, Andreassi J, Liu S, Pinto R, Triccas J, Leyh T. The trifunctional sulfate-activating complex (SAC) of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:7861-6 pubmed..Ligand-induced increases in guanine nucleotide affinity observed in the mycobacterial system suggest that it too undergoes the energy-coupling isomerization. ..
- Liu C, Wang R, Varlamova O, Leyh T. Regulating energy transfer in the ATP sulfurylase-GTPase system. Biochemistry. 1998;37:3886-92 pubmed..This versatile linkage might well be used to the cell's advantage to avoid the toxicity associated with an excess of activated sulfate. ..
- Yaseen N, Blobel G. GTP hydrolysis links initiation and termination of nuclear import on the nucleoporin nup358. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:26493-502 pubmed..These data suggest that GTP hydrolysis on the RBH domains of Nup358 couples the termination of one cycle of nuclear import with the initiation of the next. ..
- Wong E, Mruk D, Lee W, Cheng C. Regulation of blood-testis barrier dynamics by TGF-beta3 is a Cdc42-dependent protein trafficking event. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:11399-404 pubmed publisher..In summary, Cdc42 is a crucial regulatory component in the TGF-beta3-mediated cascade of events that leads to the disruption of the TJ fibrils above the preleptotene spermatocytes to facilitate their transit...
- Coutavas E, Ren M, Oppenheim J, D EUSTACHIO P, Rush M. Characterization of proteins that interact with the cell-cycle regulatory protein Ran/TC4. Nature. 1993;366:585-7 pubmed..We report here the identification of a Ran GAP and its use to characterize the GTP-hydrolysing properties of mutant Ran proteins, and the identification and cloning of a binding protein specific for Ran/TC4-GTP. ..
- Moroianu J, Blobel G, Radu A. Nuclear protein import: Ran-GTP dissociates the karyopherin alphabeta heterodimer by displacing alpha from an overlapping binding site on beta. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:7059-62 pubmed..We also mapped Ran's binding site for karyopherin beta to a cluster of basic residues analogous to those previously shown to constitute karyopherin alpha's binding site to karyopherin beta...
- Tian G, Kong X, Jaglin X, Chelly J, Keays D, Cowan N. A pachygyria-causing alpha-tubulin mutation results in inefficient cycling with CCT and a deficient interaction with TBCB. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:1152-61 pubmed publisher..The diminished production of TUBA1A tubulin in R264C individuals is consistent with haploinsufficiency as a cause of the disease phenotype. ..
- Huang Y, Zakharenko S, Schoch S, Kaeser P, Janz R, Sudhof T, et al. Genetic evidence for a protein-kinase-A-mediated presynaptic component in NMDA-receptor-dependent forms of long-term synaptic potentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:9365-70 pubmed..Thus Rab3A and its effectors are general modules for four distinct types of PKA-dependent LTP in the brain. ..
- Chakravarty A, Shuman S. The sequential 2',3'-cyclic phosphodiesterase and 3'-phosphate/5'-OH ligation steps of the RtcB RNA splicing pathway are GTP-dependent. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:8558-67 pubmed..The cyclic phosphodiesterase activity of RtcB depends on GTP and the formation of the RtcB-GMP adduct, signifying that RtcB guanylylation precedes the cyclic phosphodiesterase and 3'-phosphate ligase steps of the RNA splicing pathway...
- Hausmann S, Zheng S, Fabrega C, Schneller S, Lima C, Shuman S. Encephalitozoon cuniculi mRNA cap (guanine N-7) methyltransferase: methyl acceptor specificity, inhibition BY S-adenosylmethionine analogs, and structure-guided mutational analysis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:20404-12 pubmed publisher..Amino acids Lys-54, Asp-70, Asp-78, and Asp-94, which comprise the AdoMet-binding site, and Phe-141, which contacts the cap guanosine, are essential for cap methyltransferase activity in vitro...
- Das S, Maiti T, Das K, Maitra U. Specific interaction of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 5 (eIF5) with the beta-subunit of eIF2. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:31712-8 pubmed..eIF2.GTP ternary complex, and (b) eIF5 forms a specific complex with eIF2 suggests that the specific interaction between eIF5 and the beta subunit of eIF2 may be critical for the hydrolysis of GTP during translation initiation. ..
- Boriack Sjodin P, Margarit S, Bar Sagi D, Kuriyan J. The structural basis of the activation of Ras by Sos. Nature. 1998;394:337-43 pubmed..Sos does not impede the binding sites for the base and the ribose of GTP or GDP, so the Ras-Sos complex adopts a structure that allows nucleotide release and rebinding. ..
- Yaseen N, Blobel G. Two distinct classes of Ran-binding sites on the nucleoporin Nup-358. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:5516-21 pubmed..Thus, the RBH and the zinc finger domains of Nup-358 were identified as two different classes of Ran-binding sites with distinct, ultrastructural locations at the NPC. ..
- Wei J, Leyh T. Isomerization couples chemistry in the ATP sulfurylase-GTPase system. Biochemistry. 1999;38:6311-6 pubmed..GTP complex. The newly formed contact(s) appears to carry into the bond-breaking transition state, and to be essential for the enhanced affinity and reactivity of the nucleotide. ..