Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on green fluorescent proteins in California, United States
Locale: California, United States
Topic: green fluorescent proteins
Publications144 found, 100 shown here
- Kafri T, van Praag H, Gage F, Verma I. Lentiviral vectors: regulated gene expression. Mol Ther. 2000;1:516-21 pubmed..These studies show that an inducible lentiviral vector can deliver and regulate transgene expression in vivo. We believe that regulated gene expression is an essential tool for successful gene therapy approaches. ..
- Peelle B, Gururaja T, Payan D, Anderson D. Characterization and use of green fluorescent proteins from Renilla mulleri and Ptilosarcus guernyi for the human cell display of functional peptides. J Protein Chem. 2001;20:507-19 pubmed
- Yoo J, Moyer B, Bannykh S, Yoo H, Riordan J, Balch W. Non-conventional trafficking of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator through the early secretory pathway. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:11401-9 pubmed
- Hoopfer E, Penton A, Watts R, Luo L. Genomic analysis of Drosophila neuronal remodeling: a role for the RNA-binding protein Boule as a negative regulator of axon pruning. J Neurosci. 2008;28:6092-103 pubmed publisher..We propose a novel function for Boule in the CNS as a negative regulator of developmental axon pruning. ..
- Xu X, Roby K, Callaway E. Immunochemical characterization of inhibitory mouse cortical neurons: three chemically distinct classes of inhibitory cells. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:389-404 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data reveal important chemical distinctions between mouse inhibitory cortical neurons and indicate that PV, SOM, and VIP can differentially label a majority of mouse inhibitory cortical neurons. ..
- Alabi A, Tsien R. Synaptic vesicle pools and dynamics. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2012;4:a013680 pubmed publisher..We discuss prevailing perspectives on vesicle pools, the role they play in shaping synaptic transmission, and the open questions that challenge current understanding. ..
- Mosher K, Andres R, Fukuhara T, Bieri G, Hasegawa Moriyama M, He Y, et al. Neural progenitor cells regulate microglia functions and activity. Nat Neurosci. 2012;15:1485-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, neural precursor cells may not only be shaped by microglia, but also regulate microglia functions and activity. ..
- Brazelton T, Blau H. Optimizing techniques for tracking transplanted stem cells in vivo. Stem Cells. 2005;23:1251-65 pubmed
- Calabrese B, Halpain S. Essential role for the PKC target MARCKS in maintaining dendritic spine morphology. Neuron. 2005;48:77-90 pubmed..Thus, MARCKS is a key factor in the maintenance of dendritic spines and contributes to PKC-dependent morphological plasticity. ..
- Lavoie C, Meerloo T, Lin P, Farquhar M. Calnuc, an EF-hand Ca(2+)-binding protein, is stored and processed in the Golgi and secreted by the constitutive-like pathway in AtT20 cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:2462-74 pubmed..Together, these observations indicate that calnuc has a unique itinerary as it is retained in the Golgi and is then constitutively secreted extracellularly where it may influence cell behavior via its Ca(2+)-binding properties. ..
- Straight A. Fluorescent protein applications in microscopy. Methods Cell Biol. 2007;81:93-113 pubmed
- Subauste M, Von Herrath M, Benard V, Chamberlain C, Chuang T, Chu K, et al. Rho family proteins modulate rapid apoptosis induced by cytotoxic T lymphocytes and Fas. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:9725-33 pubmed..Furthermore, the ability of Rac to enhance apoptosis was decreased by point mutations reported to block Rac induction of actin polymerization. Rho family proteins may regulate apoptosis through their effects on the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Li L, Tasic B, Micheva K, Ivanov V, Spletter M, Smith S, et al. Visualizing the distribution of synapses from individual neurons in the mouse brain. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11503 pubmed publisher..The ability to visualize synapses of single neurons in vivo is valuable for studying synaptogenesis and synaptic plasticity within individual neurons as well as information flow in neural circuits. ..
- Raphael A, Lyons D, Talbot W. ErbB signaling has a role in radial sorting independent of Schwann cell number. Glia. 2011;59:1047-55 pubmed publisher..These results provide in vivo evidence that ErbB signaling plays a direct role in process extension during radial sorting, in addition to its role in regulating Schwann cell proliferation. ..
- Foo L. Purification of astrocytes from transgenic rodents by fluorescence-activated cell sorting. Cold Spring Harb Protoc. 2013;2013:551-60 pubmed publisher..Because of the relatively harsh nature of FACS sorting, few astrocytes or neurons survive long enough after the sort to be cultured. ..
- Kofidis T, de Bruin J, Hoyt G, Ho Y, Tanaka M, Yamane T, et al. Myocardial restoration with embryonic stem cell bioartificial tissue transplantation. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2005;24:737-44 pubmed..The present study utilizes embryonic stem cells as the substrate of bioartificial myocardial tissue and evaluates engraftment in, and functional recovery of, the recipient heart...
- Sheikh A, Lin S, Cao F, Cao Y, van der Bogt K, Chu P, et al. Molecular imaging of bone marrow mononuclear cell homing and engraftment in ischemic myocardium. Stem Cells. 2007;25:2677-84 pubmed..Specifically, we have demonstrated that systemically delivered BMMCs preferentially home to and are retained by injured myocardium. Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Miller J, Holmes M, Wang J, Guschin D, Lee Y, Rupniewski I, et al. An improved zinc-finger nuclease architecture for highly specific genome editing. Nat Biotechnol. 2007;25:778-85 pubmed..This architecture provides a general means for improving the specificity of ZFNs as gene modification reagents. ..
- Keeney M, Ong S, Padilla A, Yao Z, Goodman S, Wu J, et al. Development of poly(?-amino ester)-based biodegradable nanoparticles for nonviral delivery of minicircle DNA. ACS Nano. 2013;7:7241-50 pubmed publisher..Together, our results highlight the promise of PBAE-based nanoparticles as promising nonviral gene carriers for MC delivery, which may provide a valuable tool for broad applications of MC DNA-based gene therapy. ..
- Hostetter D, Rice S, Dean S, Altman D, McMahon P, Sutton S, et al. Dictyostelium myosin bipolar thick filament formation: importance of charge and specific domains of the myosin rod. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:e356 pubmed..Truncation analysis of AD-Cterm tail fragments shows that assembly is delicately balanced, resulting in assembled myosin-II molecules that are poised to disassemble due to the phosphorylation of only three threonines. ..
- Prakash S, Caldwell J, Eberl D, Clandinin T. Drosophila N-cadherin mediates an attractive interaction between photoreceptor axons and their targets. Nat Neurosci. 2005;8:443-50 pubmed..We propose that N-cadherin mediates a homophilic, attractive interaction between photoreceptor growth cones and their targets that precedes synaptic partner choice. ..
- Keil J, Shen Z, Briggs S, Patrick G. Regulation of STIM1 and SOCE by the ubiquitin-proteasome system (UPS). PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13465 pubmed publisher..Together, these results provide evidence for previously undescribed roles of the UPS in the regulation of STIM1 and SOCE function. ..
- Toyo oka K, Shionoya A, Gambello M, Cardoso C, Leventer R, Ward H, et al. 14-3-3epsilon is important for neuronal migration by binding to NUDEL: a molecular explanation for Miller-Dieker syndrome. Nat Genet. 2003;34:274-85 pubmed..3 deletions. ..
- Lee S, Thompson M, Schwartz M, Shapiro L, Moerner W. Super-resolution imaging of the nucleoid-associated protein HU in Caulobacter crescentus. Biophys J. 2011;100:L31-3 pubmed publisher..The methods presented in this letter should be of broad applicability in the future study of prokaryotic NAPs. ..
- van der Bogt K, Hellingman A, Lijkwan M, Bos E, De Vries M, van Rappard J, et al. Molecular imaging of bone marrow mononuclear cell survival and homing in murine peripheral artery disease. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2012;5:46-55 pubmed publisher..This study aims to provide insight into cellular kinetics using molecular imaging after different transplantation methods of bone marrow-derived mononuclear cells (MNCs) in a mouse model of peripheral artery disease (PAD)...
- Roth M, Fan T, Deheyn D. Life history changes in coral fluorescence and the effects of light intensity on larval physiology and settlement in Seriatopora hystrix. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59476 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the importance of environmental conditions at the onset of life history and parent colony effects on coral larvae. ..
- Sánchez Arrones L, Nieto Lopez F, Sánchez Camacho C, Carreres M, Herrera E, Okada A, et al. Shh/Boc signaling is required for sustained generation of ipsilateral projecting ganglion cells in the mouse retina. J Neurosci. 2013;33:8596-607 pubmed publisher..Zic2, in turn, directly or indirectly, counteracts Shh and Islet2 expression in the VTC and activates the ipsilateral program. ..
- Huang H, Alvarez S, Bindbeutel R, Shen Z, Naldrett M, Evans B, et al. Identification of Evening Complex Associated Proteins in Arabidopsis by Affinity Purification and Mass Spectrometry. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2016;15:201-17 pubmed publisher..thaliana. Coupling mass spectrometry and genetics is a powerful method to rapidly and directly identify novel components and connections within and between complex signaling pathways. ..
- Kanda T, Sullivan K, Wahl G. Histone-GFP fusion protein enables sensitive analysis of chromosome dynamics in living mammalian cells. Curr Biol. 1998;8:377-85 pubmed
- Parra L, Zou Y. Sonic hedgehog induces response of commissural axons to Semaphorin repulsion during midline crossing. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:29-35 pubmed publisher..Therefore, a morphogen, Shh, can act as a switch of axon guidance responses. ..
- Friedrichsen D, Joazeiro C, Li J, Hunter T, Chory J. Brassinosteroid-insensitive-1 is a ubiquitously expressed leucine-rich repeat receptor serine/threonine kinase. Plant Physiol. 2000;123:1247-56 pubmed..Therefore, we conclude that BRI1 is a ubiquitously expressed leucine-rich repeat receptor that plays a role in BR signaling through Ser/Thr phosphorylation. ..
- Prekeris R, Yang B, Oorschot V, Klumperman J, Scheller R. Differential roles of syntaxin 7 and syntaxin 8 in endosomal trafficking. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:3891-908 pubmed..In contrast, syntaxin 8 is likely to function in clathrin-independent vesicular transport and membrane fusion events necessary for protein transport from EEs to LEs. ..
- Matsuyama S, Llopis J, Deveraux Q, Tsien R, Reed J. Changes in intramitochondrial and cytosolic pH: early events that modulate caspase activation during apoptosis. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2:318-25 pubmed..These findings indicate that mitochondria-mediated alteration of intracellular pH may be an early event that regulates caspase activation in the mitochondrial pathway for apoptosis. ..
- Yachi P, Ampudia J, Gascoigne N, Zal T. Nonstimulatory peptides contribute to antigen-induced CD8-T cell receptor interaction at the immunological synapse. Nat Immunol. 2005;6:785-92 pubmed..Thus, the interaction of CD8 with a nonstimulatory peptide-MHC complex helps mediate T cell recognition of antigen, improving the coreceptor function of CD8. ..
- Tubbs J, Tainer J, Getzoff E. Crystallographic structures of Discosoma red fluorescent protein with immature and mature chromophores: linking peptide bond trans-cis isomerization and acylimine formation in chromophore maturation. Biochemistry. 2005;44:9833-40 pubmed
- Jessberger S, Toni N, Clemenson G, Ray J, Gage F. Directed differentiation of hippocampal stem/progenitor cells in the adult brain. Nat Neurosci. 2008;11:888-93 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that AHPs have substantial plasticity, which might have important implications for the potential use of endogenous AHPs in neurological disease. ..
- Justice N, Yuan Z, Sawchenko P, Vale W. Type 1 corticotropin-releasing factor receptor expression reported in BAC transgenic mice: implications for reconciling ligand-receptor mismatch in the central corticotropin-releasing factor system. J Comp Neurol. 2008;511:479-96 pubmed publisher..These findings validate a new tool for pursuing the role of central CRFR signaling in stress adaptation and suggest means by which the pervasive ligand-receptor mismatch in this system may be reconciled. ..
- Sedbrook J, Carroll K, Hung K, Masson P, Somerville C. The Arabidopsis SKU5 gene encodes an extracellular glycosyl phosphatidylinositol-anchored glycoprotein involved in directional root growth. Plant Cell. 2002;14:1635-48 pubmed..Our observations suggest that SKU5 affects two directional growth processes, possibly by participating in cell wall expansion. ..
- Paulmurugan R, Gambhir S. Novel fusion protein approach for efficient high-throughput screening of small molecule-mediating protein-protein interactions in cells and living animals. Cancer Res. 2005;65:7413-20 pubmed..00001 nmol/L) of rapamycin. For a similar fusion system employing split-EGFP, flow cytometry analysis showed significant level of rapamycin-induced complementation. ..
- Hayashi M, Imanaka Yoshida K, Yoshida T, Wood M, Fearns C, Tatake R, et al. A crucial role of mitochondrial Hsp40 in preventing dilated cardiomyopathy. Nat Med. 2006;12:128-32 pubmed..These findings suggest that Dnaja3 is crucial for mitochondrial biogenesis, at least in part, through its chaperone activity on Polga and provide genetic evidence of the necessity for mitochondrial Hsp40 in preventing DCM. ..
- Rhee J, Baksh M, Nycholat C, Paulson J, Kitagishi H, Finn M. Glycan-targeted virus-like nanoparticles for photodynamic therapy. Biomacromolecules. 2012;13:2333-8 pubmed publisher..This application benefits from the presence of the targeting function and the delivery of a high local concentration of singlet oxygen-generating payload...
- Chindasub P, Lindsey J, Duong Polk K, Leung C, Weinreb R. Inhibition of histone deacetylases 1 and 3 protects injured retinal ganglion cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:96-102 pubmed publisher..02). These results indicate that treatment with MS-275 protects against the loss of RGC differentiation and promotes RGC survival following optic nerve injury. ..
- Geng Y, Wu R, Wee C, Xie F, Wei X, Chan P, et al. A spatio-temporal understanding of growth regulation during the salt stress response in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2132-54 pubmed publisher..Together, our data reveal a sophisticated assortment of regulatory programs acting together to coordinate spatially patterned biological changes involved in the immediate and long-term response to a stressful shift in environment. ..
- Shaner N, Lin M, McKeown M, Steinbach P, Hazelwood K, Davidson M, et al. Improving the photostability of bright monomeric orange and red fluorescent proteins. Nat Methods. 2008;5:545-51 pubmed publisher..and TagRFP (a monomeric derivative of eqFP578 from Entacmaea quadricolor) that maintain most of the beneficial qualities of the original proteins and perform as reliably as Aequorea victoria GFP derivatives in fusion constructs. ..
- Mitra R, Ferguson D, Sapolsky R. Mineralocorticoid receptor overexpression in basolateral amygdala reduces corticosterone secretion and anxiety. Biol Psychiatry. 2009;66:686-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, increasing MR signaling in basolateral amygdala could be valuable in management of stress disorders. ..
- Bestman J, Lee Osbourne J, Cline H. In vivo time-lapse imaging of cell proliferation and differentiation in the optic tectum of Xenopus laevis tadpoles. J Comp Neurol. 2012;520:401-33 pubmed publisher..Together these results demonstrate that radial glial cells are neural progenitors in the developing optic tectum and reveal that visual experience increases the proportion of neurons generated in an intact animal. ..
- Derman A, Nonejuie P, Michel B, Truong B, Fujioka A, Erb M, et al. Alp7R regulates expression of the actin-like protein Alp7A in Bacillus subtilis. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:2715-24 pubmed publisher..Hence Alp7R, determines both the activity and the cellular concentration of Alp7A, and it can associate with Alp7A even if it is not bound to alp7C. ..
- Breuer S, Chang M, Yuan J, Torbett B. Identification of HIV-1 inhibitors targeting the nucleocapsid protein. J Med Chem. 2012;55:4968-77 pubmed publisher..Two compounds were identified that inhibited NC-DNA interaction, specifically bound NC with nanomolar affinity, and showed modest anti-HIV-1 activity in ex vivo cell assays. ..
- Kemball C, Alirezaei M, Flynn C, Wood M, Harkins S, Kiosses W, et al. Coxsackievirus infection induces autophagy-like vesicles and megaphagosomes in pancreatic acinar cells in vivo. J Virol. 2010;84:12110-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, these in vivo studies demonstrate that CVB3 infection dramatically modifies autophagy in infected pancreatic acinar cells. ..
- Lasek A, Giorgetti F, Berger K, Tayor S, Heberlein U. Lmo genes regulate behavioral responses to ethanol in Drosophila melanogaster and the mouse. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2011;35:1600-6 pubmed publisher..These studies also demonstrate the feasibility of rapidly translating findings from invertebrate systems to mammalian models of alcohol abuse by combining RNA interference in transgenic mice and behavioral testing. ..
- Lee A, Falkow S. Constitutive and inducible green fluorescent protein expression in Bartonella henselae. Infect Immun. 1998;66:3964-7 pubmed..Promoter fusions of B. henselae chromosomal DNA to gfp were examined by flow cytometry, and a B. henselae groEL promoter fusion which induced expression at 37 degreesC was isolated. ..
- Jontes J, Emond M, Smith S. In vivo trafficking and targeting of N-cadherin to nascent presynaptic terminals. J Neurosci. 2004;24:9027-34 pubmed..In addition, we have begun to investigate the cell biology of N-cadherin trafficking and targeting in the context of an intact vertebrate embryo. ..
- Jo M, Thomas K, Marozkina N, Amin T, Silva C, Parsons S, et al. Dynamic assembly of the urokinase-type plasminogen activator signaling receptor complex determines the mitogenic activity of urokinase-type plasminogen activator. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:17449-57 pubmed..We conclude that expression and assembly of uPAR co-receptors in a specific cell type determines the response to uPA. The EGFR selectively cooperates with uPAR to mediate mitogenesis. ..
- Naccache S, Hasson T. Myosin VI altered at threonine 406 stabilizes actin filaments in vivo. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2006;63:633-45 pubmed..Our study suggests that phosphorylation at T406 changes the nature of myosin VI's interaction with actin in vivo. ..
- Resendes K, Rasala B, Forbes D. Centrin 2 localizes to the vertebrate nuclear pore and plays a role in mRNA and protein export. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:1755-69 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in vertebrates, centrin 2 interacts with major subunits of the nuclear pore, exhibits nuclear pore localization, and plays a functional role in multiple nuclear export pathways. ..
- Daadi M, Li Z, Arac A, Grueter B, Sofilos M, Malenka R, et al. Molecular and magnetic resonance imaging of human embryonic stem cell-derived neural stem cell grafts in ischemic rat brain. Mol Ther. 2009;17:1282-91 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the combination of BLI and MRI modalities provides reliable real-time monitoring of cell fate. ..
- Stubbs J, Vladar E, Axelrod J, Kintner C. Multicilin promotes centriole assembly and ciliogenesis during multiciliate cell differentiation. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:140-7 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that multicilin initiates multiciliate cell differentiation in diverse tissues, by coordinately promoting the transcriptional changes required for motile ciliogenesis and centriole assembly. ..
- Wang H, Rapp U, Reed J. Bcl-2 targets the protein kinase Raf-1 to mitochondria. Cell. 1996;87:629-38 pubmed..Bcl-2 can therefore target Raf-1 to mitochondrial membranes, allowing this kinase to phosphorylate BAD or possibly other protein substrates involved in apoptosis regulation. ..
- Jacobs C, Domian I, Maddock J, Shapiro L. Cell cycle-dependent polar localization of an essential bacterial histidine kinase that controls DNA replication and cell division. Cell. 1999;97:111-20 pubmed..Thus, dynamic changes in cellular location of critical signal proteins provide a novel mechanism for the control of the prokaryote cell cycle...
- Conboy M, Cyert M. Luv1p/Rki1p/Tcs3p/Vps54p, a yeast protein that localizes to the late Golgi and early endosome, is required for normal vacuolar morphology. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:2429-43 pubmed..Computer analysis predicts a short coiled-coil domain in Luv1p. We propose that this protein maintains traffic through or the integrity of the early endosome and that this function is required for proper vacuolar morphology. ..
- Harrison F, Yeagy B, Rocca C, Kohn D, Salomon D, Cherqui S. Hematopoietic stem cell gene therapy for the multisystemic lysosomal storage disorder cystinosis. Mol Ther. 2013;21:433-44 pubmed publisher..This transfer led to cystine decreases in Ctns-deficient cells in vitro. These data suggest that the mechanism of cross-correction is possible in cystinosis...
- Scappaticci F, Smith R, Pathak A, Schloss D, Lum B, Cao Y, et al. Combination angiostatin and endostatin gene transfer induces synergistic antiangiogenic activity in vitro and antitumor efficacy in leukemia and solid tumors in mice. Mol Ther. 2001;3:186-96 pubmed..The data also suggest that novel combinations of antiangiogenic factors delivered into tumors require further investigation as therapeutic modalities. ..
- Tzima E, Reader J, Irani Tehrani M, Ewalt K, Schwartz M, Schimmel P. VE-cadherin links tRNA synthetase cytokine to anti-angiogenic function. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:2405-8 pubmed..Binding of T2-TrpRS inhibited VEGF-induced ERK activation and EC migration. Thus, a VE-cadherin-dependent pathway is proposed to link T2-TrpRS to inhibition of new blood vessel formation. ..
- De A, Loening A, Gambhir S. An improved bioluminescence resonance energy transfer strategy for imaging intracellular events in single cells and living subjects. Cancer Res. 2007;67:7175-83 pubmed..Applications will include anticancer therapy screening in cell culture and in small living animals. ..
- Fuerer C, Nusse R. Lentiviral vectors to probe and manipulate the Wnt signaling pathway. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9370 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these vectors can probe and modulate the Wnt signaling pathway in experimental settings where persistence of the transgene or gene transfer cannot be accomplished by non-viral techniques. ..
- Sundd P, Gutierrez E, Pospieszalska M, Zhang H, Groisman A, Ley K. Quantitative dynamic footprinting microscopy reveals mechanisms of neutrophil rolling. Nat Methods. 2010;7:821-4 pubmed publisher..Each rolling neutrophil formed three to four long tethers that extended up to 16 ?m behind the rolling cell. ..
- Rojek J, Lee A, Nguyen N, Spiropoulou C, Kunz S. Site 1 protease is required for proteolytic processing of the glycoproteins of the South American hemorrhagic fever viruses Junin, Machupo, and Guanarito. J Virol. 2008;82:6045-51 pubmed publisher..Infection of S1P-deficient cells resulted in viral persistence over several weeks without the emergence of escape variants able to use other cellular proteases for GP processing...
- Kita Matsuo H, Barcova M, Prigozhina N, Salomonis N, Wei K, Jacot J, et al. Lentiviral vectors and protocols for creation of stable hESC lines for fluorescent tracking and drug resistance selection of cardiomyocytes. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5046 pubmed publisher..The protocols, vectors and gene expression data comprise tools to enhance cardiomyocyte production for large-scale applications. ..
- Cosgrove B, Gilbert P, Porpiglia E, Mourkioti F, Lee S, Corbel S, et al. Rejuvenation of the muscle stem cell population restores strength to injured aged muscles. Nat Med. 2014;20:255-64 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a synergy between biophysical and biochemical cues that provides a paradigm for a localized autologous muscle stem cell therapy for the elderly. ..
- Kehlenbach R, Dickmanns A, Kehlenbach A, Guan T, Gerace L. A role for RanBP1 in the release of CRM1 from the nuclear pore complex in a terminal step of nuclear export. J Cell Biol. 1999;145:645-57 pubmed
- Boyden E, Zhang F, Bamberg E, Nagel G, Deisseroth K. Millisecond-timescale, genetically targeted optical control of neural activity. Nat Neurosci. 2005;8:1263-8 pubmed..This technology allows the use of light to alter neural processing at the level of single spikes and synaptic events, yielding a widely applicable tool for neuroscientists and biomedical engineers. ..
- Suzuki M, Mose E, Galloy C, Tarin D. Osteopontin gene expression determines spontaneous metastatic performance of orthotopic human breast cancer xenografts. Am J Pathol. 2007;171:682-92 pubmed..The data indicate that therapeutic targeting of tumor OPN molecules could reset metastatically relevant gene networks, resulting in clinical benefit. ..
- Muzumdar M, Tasic B, Miyamichi K, Li L, Luo L. A global double-fluorescent Cre reporter mouse. Genesis. 2007;45:593-605 pubmed..In addition to serving as a global Cre reporter, the mT/mG mouse may also be used as a tool for lineage tracing, transplantation studies, and analysis of cell morphology in vivo. ..
- Tong G, Takahashi H, Tu S, Shin Y, Talantova M, Zago W, et al. Modulation of NMDA receptor properties and synaptic transmission by the NR3A subunit in mouse hippocampal and cerebrocortical neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2008;99:122-32 pubmed..Taken together, these results show that NR3A subunits contribute to NMDAR responses from both synaptic and extrasynaptic receptors, likely composed of NR1, NR2, and NR3 subunits. ..
- Radakovits R, Barros C, Belvindrah R, Patton B, Muller U. Regulation of radial glial survival by signals from the meninges. J Neurosci. 2009;29:7694-705 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that attachment of RGC processes at the meninges is important for RGC survival and the control of cortical size. ..
- Ideguchi M, Palmer T, Recht L, Weimann J. Murine embryonic stem cell-derived pyramidal neurons integrate into the cerebral cortex and appropriately project axons to subcortical targets. J Neurosci. 2010;30:894-904 pubmed publisher..Thus, these data establish that ES-derived cortical projection neurons can integrate into anatomically relevant circuits. ..
- Lundius E, Sanchez Alavez M, Ghochani Y, Klaus J, Tabarean I. Histamine influences body temperature by acting at H1 and H3 receptors on distinct populations of preoptic neurons. J Neurosci. 2010;30:4369-81 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that histamine modulates the core body temperature by acting at two distinct populations of preoptic neurons that express H1 and H3 receptor subtypes, respectively. ..
- Pangratz Fuehrer S, Hestrin S. Synaptogenesis of electrical and GABAergic synapses of fast-spiking inhibitory neurons in the neocortex. J Neurosci. 2011;31:10767-75 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that chemical and electrical connections among FS cells can contribute to patterned neocortical activity only by the end of the first postnatal week. ..
- Do K, Boxer S. GFP variants with alternative ?-strands and their application as light-driven protease sensors: a tale of two tails. J Am Chem Soc. 2013;135:10226-9 pubmed publisher..Further engineering of this class of proteins guided by mechanistic understanding of the light-driven process will enable interesting and useful application of the protein. ..
- Jones F, Meech R, Edelman D, Oakey R, Jones P. Prx1 controls vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and tenascin-C expression and is upregulated with Prx2 in pulmonary vascular disease. Circ Res. 2001;89:131-8 pubmed..These findings support the hypothesis that Prx genes are regulated by changes in SMC adhesion and play key morphoregulatory roles during the development and progression of pulmonary vascular disease in adults. ..
- Zhang Y, Okada A, Lew C, McConnell S. Regulated nuclear trafficking of the homeodomain protein otx1 in cortical neurons. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2002;19:430-46 pubmed..These results suggest that ventricular cells actively sequester Otx1 in the cytoplasm, either by preventing nuclear import or by promoting a balance of export over import signals. ..
- Han Y, Chung C, Wessels D, Stephens S, Titus M, Soll D, et al. Requirement of a vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein family member for cell adhesion, the formation of filopodia, and chemotaxis in dictyostelium. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:49877-87 pubmed..Our results provide new insights into the function of DdVASP in controlling the actin cytoskeleton during chemotaxis and filopodia formation. ..
- Kim S, Hayashi M, Lo J, Yang Y, Yoo J, Lee J. ADP-ribosylation factor 4 small GTPase mediates epidermal growth factor receptor-dependent phospholipase D2 activation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:2661-8 pubmed..Our findings indicate that ARF4 is a critical molecule that directly regulates cellular PLD2 activity and that this ARF4-mediated PLD2 activation stimulates AP-1-dependent transcription in the EGF-induced cellular response. ..
- Guo F, Young J, Crawford N. The nitrate transporter AtNRT1.1 (CHL1) functions in stomatal opening and contributes to drought susceptibility in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2003;15:107-17 pubmed..These results identify an anion transporter that functions in stomatal opening and demonstrate that CHL1 supports stomatal function in the presence of nitrate. ..