Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on glycerol in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
- Nickas M, Diamond A, Yang M, Neiman A. Regulation of spindle pole function by an intermediary metabolite. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:2606-16 pubmed..These results define a cellular response in which the accumulation of an intermediary metabolite serves as a measure of biosynthetic capacity to regulate the number of daughter cells formed. ..
- Cammisa F, Lowery G, Garfin S, Geisler F, Klara P, McGuire R, et al. Two-year fusion rate equivalency between Grafton DBM gel and autograft in posterolateral spine fusion: a prospective controlled trial employing a side-by-side comparison in the same patient. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2004;29:660-6 pubmed..Consequently, a reduced amount of harvested autograft may be required, potentially diminishing the risk and severity of donor site complications. ..
- Wiatrowski H, Carlson M. Yap1 accumulates in the nucleus in response to carbon stress in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eukaryot Cell. 2003;2:19-26 pubmed..Other stresses such as increased temperature, acidic pH, and ionic stress did not cause nuclear enrichment of GFP-Yap1. These findings suggest a role for Yap1 in the response to carbon stress. ..
- Zhu H, Yin S, Shuman S. Characterization of polynucleotide kinase/phosphatase enzymes from Mycobacteriophages omega and Cjw1 and vibriophage KVP40. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:26358-69 pubmed..A supportive correlation is that Omega and Cjw1, which are distinguished from other mycobacteriophages by their possession of a Pnkp enzyme, are also unique among the mycobacteriophages in their specification of putative RNA ligases...
- Hausmann S, Shuman S. Characterization of the CTD phosphatase Fcp1 from fission yeast. Preferential dephosphorylation of serine 2 versus serine 5. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:21213-20 pubmed
- Ordonez H, Shuman S. Mycobacterium smegmatis Lhr Is a DNA-dependent ATPase and a 3'-to-5' DNA translocase and helicase that prefers to unwind 3'-tailed RNA:DNA hybrids. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:14125-34 pubmed publisher..Lhr homologs are found in bacteria representing eight different phyla, being especially prevalent in Actinobacteria (including M. tuberculosis) and Proteobacteria (including Escherichia coli). ..
- Bostrom M, Yang X, Kennan M, Sandhu H, DiCarlo E, Lane J. An unexpected outcome during testing of commercially available demineralized bone graft materials: how safe are the nonallograft components?. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2001;26:1425-8 pubmed..Radiographic and histologic analyses of commercially available bone graft materials were performed...
- Oelkers P, Tinkelenberg A, Erdeniz N, Cromley D, Billheimer J, Sturley S. A lecithin cholesterol acyltransferase-like gene mediates diacylglycerol esterification in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:15609-12 pubmed..These mechanisms may also exist in mammalian cells. ..
- Moioli E, Chen M, Yang R, Shah B, Wu J, Mao J. Hybrid adipogenic implants from adipose stem cells for soft tissue reconstruction in vivo. Tissue Eng Part A. 2010;16:3299-307 pubmed publisher..The present 40-mm soft tissue implant may serve as a biomaterial tissue expander for reconstruction of lumpectomy defects...
- Kuchin S, Vyas V, Kanter E, Hong S, Carlson M. Std1p (Msn3p) positively regulates the Snf1 kinase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2003;163:507-14 pubmed..These findings suggest that Std1p stimulates the Snf1 kinase by an interaction with the catalytic domain that antagonizes autoinhibition and promotes an active conformation of the kinase. ..