Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on female in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Publications696 found, 100 shown here
- Yao Z, Yaeger R, Rodrik Outmezguine V, Tao A, Torres N, Chang M, et al. Tumours with class 3 BRAF mutants are sensitive to the inhibition of activated RAS. Nature. 2017;548:234-238 pubmed publisher..We have thus defined three distinct functional classes of BRAF mutants in human tumours. The mutants activate ERK signalling by different mechanisms that dictate their sensitivity to therapeutic inhibitors of the pathway...
- Yarmohammadi H, Cunningham Rundles C. Idiopathic CD4 lymphocytopenia: Pathogenesis, etiologies, clinical presentations and treatment strategies. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2017;119:374-378 pubmed publisher..The pathogenesis of ICL remains unclear. Although only some patients are healthy, most patients present with opportunistic infections. There is no known standard treatment aside from prophylactic antibiotics. ..
- Kadota K, Yeh Y, Villena Vargas J, Cherkassky L, Drill E, Sima C, et al. Tumor Budding Correlates With the Protumor Immune Microenvironment and Is an Independent Prognostic Factor for Recurrence of Stage I Lung Adenocarcinoma. Chest. 2015;148:711-721 pubmed publisher..Our findings advocate investigating tumor-immune cell interactions at the invading edge as a biologic driver of tumor aggressiveness. ..
- Pellegrini V, Hughes S, Evarts C. A collarless cobalt-chrome femoral component in uncemented total hip arthroplasty. Five- to eight-year follow-up. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1992;74:814-21 pubmed..Discontinuous radiolucent lines were seen around 30% of stems, most commonly in zones I, IV and VII. They were not progressive in 94% and their presence did not correlate with the clinical outcome. ..
- Zehir A, Benayed R, Shah R, Syed A, Middha S, Kim H, et al. Mutational landscape of metastatic cancer revealed from prospective clinical sequencing of 10,000 patients. Nat Med. 2017;23:703-713 pubmed publisher..Patients were enrolled on genomically matched clinical trials at a rate of 11%. To enable discovery of novel biomarkers and deeper investigation into rare alterations and tumor types, all results are publicly accessible. ..
- Xing L, Higuma T, Wang Z, Aguirre A, Mizuno K, Takano M, et al. Clinical Significance of Lipid-Rich Plaque Detected by Optical Coherence Tomography: A 4-Year Follow-Up Study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:2502-2513 pubmed publisher..The Massachusetts General Hospital Optical Coherence Tomography Registry; NCT01110538). ..
- Liu P, Ji Y, Yuen T, Rendina Ruedy E, DeMambro V, Dhawan S, et al. Blocking FSH induces thermogenic adipose tissue and reduces body fat. Nature. 2017;546:107-112 pubmed publisher..These actions result from the specific binding of the antibody to the β-subunit of Fsh to block its action. Our studies uncover opportunities for simultaneously treating obesity and osteoporosis. ..
- Bai A, Mao C, Jenkins R, Szulc Z, Bielawska A, Hannun Y. Anticancer actions of lysosomally targeted inhibitor, LCL521, of acid ceramidase. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177805 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results clearly indicate that compartmental targeting for the inhibition of acid ceramidase is an efficient and valuable therapeutic strategy. ..
- Holmes D, Reddy V, Buchbinder M, Stein K, Elletson M, Bergmann M, et al. The Assessment of the Watchman Device in Patients Unsuitable for Oral Anticoagulation (ASAP-TOO) trial. Am Heart J. 2017;189:68-74 pubmed publisher..This trial will assess the safety and efficacy of Watchman in this challenging population of high-stroke risk AF patients. ..
- Mayeux R, Ottman R, Maestre G, Ngai C, Tang M, Ginsberg H, et al. Synergistic effects of traumatic head injury and apolipoprotein-epsilon 4 in patients with Alzheimer's disease. Neurology. 1995;45:555-7 pubmed..These data imply that the biological effects of head injury may increase the risk of AD, but only through a synergistic relationship with apolipoprotein-epsilon 4. ..
- Endicott J, Nee J, Harrison W, Blumenthal R. Quality of Life Enjoyment and Satisfaction Questionnaire: a new measure. Psychopharmacol Bull. 1993;29:321-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that the Q-LES-Q measures may be sensitive to important differences among depressed patients that are not detected by the measures usually employed. ..
- Castillo J, Jurczyszyn A, Brozova L, Crusoe E, Czepiel J, Davila J, et al. IgM myeloma: A multicenter retrospective study of 134 patients. Am J Hematol. 2017;92:746-751 pubmed publisher..The median overall survival (OS) was 61 months. Higher ISS score was associated with worse survival (P?=?0.02). Patients with IgM myeloma present with similar characteristics and outcomes as patients with more common myeloma subtypes...
- Kishi A, Van Dongen H, Natelson B, Bender A, Palombini L, Bittencourt L, et al. Sleep continuity is positively correlated with sleep duration in laboratory nighttime sleep recordings. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175504 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that S-TST may differ from L-TST in processes underlying sleep continuity, shedding new light on mechanisms underlying individual differences in sleep duration. ..
- Tan A, Astroz P, Dansingani K, Slakter J, Yannuzzi L, Curcio C, et al. The Evolution of the Plateau, an Optical Coherence Tomography Signature Seen in Geographic Atrophy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:2349-2358 pubmed publisher..The role of MÃ¼ller cell activation and extension in the pathogenesis of AMD should be explored in future studies. ..
- Adejumo A, Alliu S, Ajayi T, Adejumo K, Adegbala O, Onyeakusi N, et al. Cannabis use is associated with reduced prevalence of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: A cross-sectional study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176416 pubmed publisher..These novel findings suggest additional molecular mechanistic studies to explore the potential role of cannabis use in NAFLD development. ..
- Liu Z, Han T, Fishman S, Butler J, Zimmermann T, Tremblay F, et al. Ablation of Hepatic Production of the Acid-Labile Subunit in Bovine-GH Transgenic Mice: Effects on Organ and Skeletal Growth. Endocrinology. 2017;158:2556-2571 pubmed publisher..We concluded that reduced serum IGF-1 levels decrease somatic and skeletal growth even in states of excess GH...
- Charvet L, Yang J, Shaw M, Sherman K, Haider L, Xu J, et al. Cognitive function in multiple sclerosis improves with telerehabilitation: Results from a randomized controlled trial. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177177 pubmed publisher..This telerehabilitation approach allowed for rapid recruitment and high compliance, and can be readily applied to other neurological conditions associated with cognitive dysfunction. Clinicaltrials.gov NCT02141386. ..
- De la Garza Ramos R, Nakhla J, Nasser R, Jada A, Bhashyam N, Kinon M, et al. Volume-Outcome Relationship After 1 and 2 Level Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion. World Neurosurg. 2017;105:543-548 pubmed publisher..Performing 4 or more procedures per month was associated with the lowest complication rate. ..
- Weinblatt M, Bingham C, Burmester G, Bykerk V, Furst D, Mariette X, et al. A Phase III Study Evaluating Continuation, Tapering, and Withdrawal of Certolizumab Pegol After One Year of Therapy in Patients With Early Rheumatoid Arthritis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:1937-1948 pubmed publisher..The study failed to meet its primary end point. However, there were no clinically meaningful differences between the standard and reduced frequency doses of CZP plus MTX; both controlled RA more effectively than stopping CZP. ..
- Mack M, Acker M, Gelijns A, Overbey J, Parides M, Browndyke J, et al. Effect of Cerebral Embolic Protection Devices on CNS Infarction in Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2017;318:536-547 pubmed publisher..Potential benefits for reduction in delirium, cognition, and symptomatic stroke merit larger trials with longer follow-up. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT02389894. ..
- McConville T, Sullivan S, Gomez Simmonds A, Whittier S, Uhlemann A. Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae colonization (CRE) and subsequent risk of infection and 90-day mortality in critically ill patients, an observational study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186195 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the risk conferred by colonization on adverse outcomes is less clear, particularly in critically ill patients admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU)...
- McNairy M, Lamb M, Gachuhi A, Nuwagaba Biribonwoha H, Burke S, Mazibuko S, et al. Effectiveness of a combination strategy for linkage and retention in adult HIV care in Swaziland: The Link4Health cluster randomized trial. PLoS Med. 2017;14:e1002420 pubmed publisher..Gaps in the HIV care continuum contribute to poor health outcomes and increase HIV transmission. A combination of interventions targeting multiple steps in the continuum is needed to achieve the full beneficial impact of HIV treatment...
- Lennihan L, Mayer S, Fink M, Beckford A, Paik M, Zhang H, et al. Effect of hypervolemic therapy on cerebral blood flow after subarachnoid hemorrhage : a randomized controlled trial. Stroke. 2000;31:383-91 pubmed..Although careful fluid management to avoid hypovolemia may reduce the risk of delayed cerebral ischemia after SAH, prophylactic HV therapy is unlikely to confer an additional benefit. ..
- Reddy N, Greer J, Morgan D, Chen H, Park S, Richards K. A phase II randomized study of lenalidomide or lenalidomide and rituximab as maintenance therapy following standard chemotherapy for patients with high/high-intermediate risk diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Leukemia. 2017;31:241-244 pubmed publisher
- Hazlett H, Gu H, Munsell B, Kim S, Styner M, Wolff J, et al. Early brain development in infants at high risk for autism spectrum disorder. Nature. 2017;542:348-351 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that early brain changes occur during the period in which autistic behaviours are first emerging. ..
- Quevenco F, Preti M, Van Bergen J, Hua J, Wyss M, Li X, et al. Memory performance-related dynamic brain connectivity indicates pathological burden and genetic risk for Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2017;9:24 pubmed publisher..As the observed altered brain network properties are associated with increased local iron, our findings may reflect secondary neuronal changes due to pathologic processes including oxidative stress. ..
- Olsen J, Moughan J, Myerson R, Abitbol A, Doncals D, Johnson D, et al. Predictors of Radiation Therapy-Related Gastrointestinal Toxicity From Anal Cancer Dose-Painted Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy: Secondary Analysis of NRG Oncology RTOG 0529. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;98:400-408 pubmed publisher..Such associations will be incorporated in the dose-volume normal tissue constraint design for future NRG oncology anal cancer studies. ..
- Robbiani D, Bozzacco L, Keeffe J, Khouri R, Olsen P, Gazumyan A, et al. Recurrent Potent Human Neutralizing Antibodies to Zika Virus in Brazil and Mexico. Cell. 2017;169:597-609.e11 pubmed publisher..Serologic testing shows that antibodies to this region correlate with serum neutralizing activity to ZIKV. Thus, high neutralizing responses to ZIKV are associated with pre-existing reactivity to DENV1 in humans. ..
- Metz T, Allshouse A, Hogue C, Goldenberg R, Dudley D, Varner M, et al. Maternal marijuana use, adverse pregnancy outcomes, and neonatal morbidity. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017;217:478.e1-478.e8 pubmed publisher..91). Maternal marijuana use was not associated with a composite of small for gestational age, spontaneous preterm birth, or hypertensive disorders of pregnancy. However, it was associated with an increased risk of neonatal morbidity. ..
- Marsh Tootle W, Harb E, Hou W, Zhang Q, Anderson H, Weise K, et al. Optic Nerve Tilt, Crescent, Ovality, and Torsion in a Multi-Ethnic Cohort of Young Adults With and Without Myopia. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:3158-3171 pubmed publisher..The data clarify the influence of ethnicity and myopia on ONH characteristics in young adults and may inform future studies of biomechanical properties or of retinal pathology of the myopic eye. ..
- Delair D, Burke K, Selenica P, Lim R, Scott S, Middha S, et al. The genetic landscape of endometrial clear cell carcinomas. J Pathol. 2017;243:230-241 pubmed publisher..Copyright © 2017 Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd...
- de la Cova C, Townley R, Regot S, Greenwald I. A Real-Time Biosensor for ERK Activity Reveals Signaling Dynamics during C. elegans Cell Fate Specification. Dev Cell. 2017;42:542-553.e4 pubmed publisher..The toolkit described here will facilitate studies of ERK signaling in other C. elegans contexts, and the design features will enable implementation of this technology in other multicellular organisms. ..
- Danek B, Karatasakis A, Tajti P, Sandoval Y, Karmpaliotis D, Alaswad K, et al. Incidence, Treatment, and Outcomes of Coronary Perforation During Chronic Total Occlusion Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1285-1292 pubmed publisher..In most cases, perforations do not result in tamponade requiring pericardiocentesis, but they are associated with reduced technical and procedural success, higher periprocedural major adverse events, and reduced procedural efficiency. ..
- Zens K, Chen J, Guyer R, Wu F, Cvetkovski F, Miron M, et al. Reduced generation of lung tissue-resident memory T cells during infancy. J Exp Med. 2017;214:2915-2932 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that infant T cells are intrinsically programmed for short-term responses, and targeting key regulators could promote long-term, tissue-targeted protection at this critical life stage. ..
- Dowd J, Bosch J, Steptoe A, Jayabalasingham B, Lin J, Yolken R, et al. Persistent Herpesvirus Infections and Telomere Attrition Over 3 Years in the Whitehall II Cohort. J Infect Dis. 2017;216:565-572 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that exposure to infectious agents should be an important consideration in future studies of telomere dynamics. ..
- Kala P, Kanovsky J, Novakova T, Miklik R, Bocek O, Poloczek M, et al. Radial artery neointimal hyperplasia after transradial PCI-Serial optical coherence tomography volumetric study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185404 pubmed publisher..In this investigation the aim was to assess the intimal changes of RA using the optical coherence tomography (OCT) intravascular imaging in a serial manner...
- Pan R, Ruvolo V, Mu H, Leverson J, Nichols G, Reed J, et al. Synthetic Lethality of Combined Bcl-2 Inhibition and p53 Activation in AML: Mechanisms and Superior Antileukemic Efficacy. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:748-760.e6 pubmed publisher..The efficacy, together with the mechanistic findings, reveals the potential of simultaneously targeting these two apoptosis regulators and provides a rational basis for clinical testing of this therapeutic approach. ..
- Reitelman C, Sawczuk I, Olsson C, Puchner P, Benson M. Prognostic variables in patients with transitional cell carcinoma of the renal pelvis and proximal ureter. J Urol. 1987;138:1144-5 pubmed..It would appear that parenchymal-sparing endoscopic techniques should be regarded with caution in patients with either high grade transitional cell carcinoma of the renal pelvis and proximal ureter or a history of bladder cancer. ..
- Amar D, Roistacher N, Burt M, Rusch V, Bains M, Leung D, et al. Effects of diltiazem versus digoxin on dysrhythmias and cardiac function after pneumonectomy. Ann Thorac Surg. 1997;63:1374-81; discussion 1381-2 pubmed..Dysrhythmias after pneumonectomy or EPP occur in older patients and are associated with a greater length of hospital stay. ..
- Carano K, Soslow R. Immunophenotypic analysis of ovarian and testicular Müllerian papillary serous tumors. Mod Pathol. 1997;10:414-20 pubmed
- El Sadr W, Murphy R, Yurik T, Luskin Hawk R, Cheung T, Balfour H, et al. Atovaquone compared with dapsone for the prevention of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in patients with HIV infection who cannot tolerate trimethoprim, sulfonamides, or both. Community Program for Clinical Research on AIDS and the AIDS Clinical Trials. N Engl J Med. 1998;339:1889-95 pubmed..However, among those not receiving dapsone, atovaquone is better tolerated and may be the preferred choice for prophylaxis against P. carinii pneumonia. ..
- D Amico R, Winfree C. Diagnostic Biopsy of a Motor Branch of the Superficial Peroneal Nerve to the Peroneus Longus: A Convenient Alternative for Motor Nerve Biopsy. World Neurosurg. 2017;103:526-530 pubmed publisher..Biopsy of the motor branch of the superficial peroneal nerve to the peroneus longus is a safe and effective alternative for motor nerve biopsy and can be easily combined with peroneus longus muscle biopsy. ..
- Stolier R, Freeman J. A Neural Mechanism of Social Categorization. J Neurosci. 2017;37:5711-5721 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the findings provide a neural mechanism through which the brain may translate inherently diverse social cues into coherent categorizations of other people. ..
- Garg A, Blumberg D, Al Aswad L, Oll M, Yzer S, Forbes M, et al. Associations Between ?-Peripapillary Atrophy and Reticular Pseudodrusen in Early Age-Related Macular Degeneration. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:2810-2815 pubmed publisher..Because ?-PPA is a common finding in NTG, focusing on a potential shared pathway between RPD and NTG could improve the understanding of pathophysiology and expand therapies for each condition. ..
- Wang A, Santistevan A, Hunter Cohn K, Copperman A, Nulsen J, Miller B, et al. Freeze-only versus fresh embryo transfer in a multicenter matched cohort study: contribution of progesterone and maternal age to success rates. Fertil Steril. 2017;108:254-261.e4 pubmed publisher..This effect is most pronounced for cycles with progesterone >1.0Â ng/mL at trigger and may also be stronger for older patients. ..
- Xu H, Marchetti M, Dusza S, Chung E, Fonseca M, Scope A, et al. Factors in Early Adolescence Associated With a Mole-Prone Phenotype in Late Adolescence. JAMA Dermatol. 2017;153:990-998 pubmed publisher..Nevi are important phenotypic risk factors for melanoma in adults. Few studies have examined the constitutional and behavioral factors associated with a mole-prone phenotype in adolescents...
- Ayub A, Rehmani S, Al Ayoubi A, Raad W, Flores R, Bhora F. Pulmonary Resection for Second Lung Cancer After Pneumonectomy: A Population-Based Study. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:1131-1137 pubmed publisher..Although perioperative mortality is significant, the favorable 1-year and 3-year survival may justify the role of an additional procedure on the single lung. ..
- Yamamoto M, Yamashita K, Matsumura M, Fujino A, Ishida M, Ebara S, et al. Serial 3-Vessel Optical Coherence Tomography and Intravascular Ultrasound Analysis of Changing Morphologies Associated With Lesion Progression in Patients With Stable Angina Pectoris. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..6; 95% confidence interval, 3.7-50.6; P<0.001). Lesion progression was categorized to distinct OCT morphologies that were related to changes in plaque mass or vessel remodeling. ..
- Giuliano A, Ballman K, McCall L, Beitsch P, Brennan M, Kelemen P, et al. Effect of Axillary Dissection vs No Axillary Dissection on 10-Year Overall Survival Among Women With Invasive Breast Cancer and Sentinel Node Metastasis: The ACOSOG Z0011 (Alliance) Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2017;318:918-926 pubmed publisher..These findings do not support routine use of axillary lymph node dissection in this patient population based on 10-year outcomes. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT00003855. ..
- Ghiassi Nejad Z, Tarchi P, Moshier E, Ru M, Tabrizian P, Schwartz M, et al. Prognostic Factors and Patterns of Locoregional Failure After Surgical Resection in Patients With Cholangiocarcinoma Without Adjuvant Radiation Therapy: Optimal Field Design for Adjuvant Radiation Therapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;99:805-811 pubmed publisher..Although these results need to be validated, adjuvant radiation should possibly cover these areas to maximize locoregional control. ..
- Cao W, Kayama H, Chen M, Delmas A, Sun A, Kim S, et al. The Xenobiotic Transporter Mdr1 Enforces T Cell Homeostasis in the Presence of Intestinal Bile Acids. Immunity. 2017;47:1182-1196.e10 pubmed publisher..Further, a subset of ileal Crohn's disease patients displayed MDR1 loss of function. Together, these results suggest that coordinated interaction between mucosal Teff cells and CBAs in the ileum regulate intestinal immune homeostasis. ..
- Yun H, Safford M, Brown T, Farkouh M, Kent S, Sharma P, et al. Statin use following hospitalization among Medicare beneficiaries with a secondary discharge diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction. J Am Heart Assoc. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..8%, and 87.3%, respectively) as the primary discharge diagnosis. Medicare beneficiaries with a secondary hospital discharge diagnosis of AMI were less likely to fill statins compared with those with other coronary heart disease events. ..
- Flowers M, Birkey Reffey S, Mertz S. Obstacles, Opportunities and Priorities for Advancing Metastatic Breast Cancer Research. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3386-3390 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(13); 3386-90. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Eckert L, Gupta S, Amand C, Gadkari A, Mahajan P, Gelfand J. Impact of atopic dermatitis on health-related quality of life and productivity in adults in the United States: An analysis using the National Health and Wellness Survey. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2017;77:274-279.e3 pubmed publisher..AD is associated with a substantial humanistic burden that is similar in magnitude to that of psoriasis, which is also recognized for its debilitating symptoms, indicating the need for more effective treatments for AD. ..
- El Sadr W, Donnell D, Beauchamp G, Hall H, Torian L, ZINGMAN B, et al. Financial Incentives for Linkage to Care and Viral Suppression Among HIV-Positive Patients: A Randomized Clinical Trial (HPTN 065). JAMA Intern Med. 2017;177:1083-1092 pubmed publisher..Achieving linkage to care and viral suppression in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-positive patients improves their well-being and prevents new infections. Current gaps in the HIV care continuum substantially limit such benefits...
- Setton E, March L, Nolan E, Jones T, Cho H, Wheeler W, et al. Expression and function of spineless orthologs correlate with distal deutocerebral appendage morphology across Arthropoda. Dev Biol. 2017;430:224-236 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that ss may be a flagellar (distal antennal) determinant more broadly, and that this function was acquired at the base of Mandibulata. ..
- Bromet E, Nock M, Saha S, Lim C, Aguilar Gaxiola S, Al Hamzawi A, et al. Association Between Psychotic Experiences and Subsequent Suicidal Thoughts and Behaviors: A Cross-National Analysis From the World Health Organization World Mental Health Surveys. JAMA Psychiatry. 2017;74:1136-1144 pubmed publisher..However, it is not known if these associations vary across the life course or if mental disorders contribute to these associations...
- Cowan R, Tseng J, Murthy V, Srivastava R, Long Roche K, Zivanovic O, et al. Feasibility, safety and clinical outcomes of cardiophrenic lymph node resection in advanced ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:262-266 pubmed publisher..Resection can identify extra-abdominal disease, confirm Stage IV disease, obtain optimal cytoreduction. In the proper setting it is feasible, safe, and does not delay chemotherapy. In select patients, it may improve survival. ..
- Downs J, Dupnik K, van Dam G, Urassa M, Lutonja P, Kornelis D, et al. Effects of schistosomiasis on susceptibility to HIV-1 infection and HIV-1 viral load at HIV-1 seroconversion: A nested case-control study. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005968 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to demonstrate the effect of schistosome infection on HIV-1 susceptibility and viral control, and to differentiate effects by gender. Validation studies will be needed at additional sites. ..
- Lee M, Kim J, Kim D, Kang D, Park J, Ahn K, et al. Effect of home-based exercise intervention on fasting insulin and Adipocytokines in colorectal cancer survivors: a randomized controlled trial. Metabolism. 2017;76:23-31 pubmed publisher..2m in the exercise group with no change in the control group (p=0.061 for group and time interaction). The 12week home-based exercise program increased level of physical activity and decreased circulating insulin levels in CRC survivors. ..
- Ellmore T, Ng K, Reichert C. Early and late components of EEG delay activity correlate differently with scene working memory performance. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186072 pubmed publisher..The findings are discussed in relation to synchronous and desynchronous intra- and inter-regional neural transmission, and choosing an optimal baseline for expressing temporal-spectral delay activity change...
- Hamdan F, Myers C, Cossette P, Lemay P, Spiegelman D, Laporte A, et al. High Rate of Recurrent De Novo Mutations in Developmental and Epileptic Encephalopathies. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;101:664-685 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these DNMs were more frequently recurrent than those identified in ID series. These observations indicate that the genetic landscape of DEE might be different from that of ID without epilepsy. ..
- Orihuela E, Smith A. Percutaneous treatment of transitional cell carcinoma of the upper urinary tract. Urol Clin North Am. 1988;15:425-31 pubmed..Further, our results suggest that second-look procedures with resection of suspicious residual disease, Nd:YAG laser irradiation of the tumor bed, and intracavitary administration of BCG all appear to help prevent recurrences. ..
- Herr H. Extravesical tumor relapse in patients with superficial bladder tumors. J Clin Oncol. 1998;16:1099-102 pubmed..Patients with high-risk superficial bladder tumors who are treated successfully by a bladder-sparing strategy are at increased risk for tumor relapse that involves extravesical mucosa. ..
- Dolz Marco R, Litts K, Tan A, Freund K, Curcio C. The Evolution of Outer Retinal Tubulation, a Neurodegeneration and Gliosis Prominent in Macular Diseases. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:1353-1367 pubmed publisher..Analyzing the borders of atrophy to determine the origin of ORT provides new insights into the pathophysiology of advanced retinal disease highlighting a role for Müller cells and may inform future therapeutic strategies. ..
- Lee S, Day N, Miles R, Perkins S, Lim M, Ayello J, et al. Comparative genomic expression signatures of signal transduction pathways and targets in paediatric Burkitt lymphoma: a Children's Oncology Group report. Br J Haematol. 2017;177:601-611 pubmed publisher..These pre-clinical results suggest that specific signal transduction pathways are overly expressed in PEBL and several pathways could serve as potential future therapeutic targets. ..
- Bertisch H, Krellman J, Bergquist T, Dreer L, Ellois V, Bushnik T. Characteristics of Firearm Brain Injury Survivors in the Traumatic Brain Injury Model Systems (TBIMS) National Database: A Comparison of Assault and Self-Inflicted Injury Survivors. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2017;98:2288-2294 pubmed publisher
- Wang J, Kardon R, Ledolter J, Sibony P, Kupersmith M, Garvin M. Peripapillary Retinal Pigment Epithelium Layer Shape Changes From Acetazolamide Treatment in the Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension Treatment Trial. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:2554-2565 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT01003639.). ..
- Peterson C, Su H, Thomas D, Heo M, Golnabi A, Pietrobelli A, et al. Tri-Ponderal Mass Index vs Body Mass Index in Estimating Body Fat During Adolescence. JAMA Pediatr. 2017;171:629-636 pubmed publisher..To account for this, health care providers diagnose obesity using BMI percentiles for each age (BMI z scores), but this does not ensure that BMI is accurate in adolescents...
- Morrow M, Abrahamse P, Hofer T, Ward K, Hamilton A, Kurian A, et al. Trends in Reoperation After Initial Lumpectomy for Breast Cancer: Addressing Overtreatment in Surgical Management. JAMA Oncol. 2017;3:1352-1357 pubmed publisher..Surgery after initial lumpectomy to obtain more widely clear margins is common and may lead to mastectomy...
- Middleton M, Heba E, Hooker C, Bashir M, Fowler K, Sandrasegaran K, et al. Agreement Between Magnetic Resonance Imaging Proton Density Fat Fraction Measurements and Pathologist-Assigned Steatosis Grades of Liver Biopsies From Adults With Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:753-761 pubmed publisher
- Orta L, Beyda J, Desman G. Cutaneous/subcutaneous mesenchymal proliferations of the breast. Semin Diagn Pathol. 2017;34:470-478 pubmed publisher..In this review, we suggest a pattern-based approach to assist in the evaluation of these lesions. A comprehensive description of each entity is accompanied by a cutaneous and mammary differential diagnosis. ..
- El Shahawy M, Cannon C, Blom D, McKenney J, Cariou B, Lecorps G, et al. Efficacy and Safety of Alirocumab Versus Ezetimibe Over 2 Years (from ODYSSEY COMBO II). Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:931-939 pubmed publisher..5% (7 of 454) of alirocumab-treated patients (0 with ezetimibe), mostly at isolated time points. Alirocumab sustained substantial LDL-C reductions and was well tolerated up to 2 years in the COMBO II trial. ..
- Krings G, McIntire P, Shin S. Myofibroblastic, fibroblastic and myoid lesions of the breast. Semin Diagn Pathol. 2017;34:427-437 pubmed publisher..This article will review lesions with myofibroblastic, fibroblastic and myoid differentiation in the breast, with special emphasis on differential diagnosis. ..
- Cardenas A, Rifas Shiman S, Godderis L, Duca R, Navas Acien A, Litonjua A, et al. Prenatal Exposure to Mercury: Associations with Global DNA Methylation and Hydroxymethylation in Cord Blood and in Childhood. Environ Health Perspect. 2017;125:087022 pubmed publisher..To date, no studies have evaluated the association between prenatal mercury exposure and DNA hydroxymethylation, an epigenetic modification important for tissue differentiation and embryonic development...
- Lam P, Dooley D, Deedwania P, Singh S, Bhatt D, Morgan C, et al. Heart Rate and Outcomes in Hospitalized Patients With Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:1861-1871 pubmed publisher..Among hospitalized patients with HFpEF, a lower discharge heart rate was independently associated with a lower risk of all-cause mortality, but not readmission. ..
- Botwright S, Holroyd T, Nanda S, Bloem P, Griffiths U, Sidibe A, et al. Experiences of operational costs of HPV vaccine delivery strategies in Gavi-supported demonstration projects. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182663 pubmed publisher..We therefore recommend that countries carry out detailed planning at the national and district levels to define a sustainable strategy for national HPV vaccine roll-out, in order to achieve the optimal balance between coverage and cost...
- Ystrom E, Gustavson K, Brandlistuen R, Knudsen G, Magnus P, Susser E, et al. Prenatal Exposure to Acetaminophen and Risk of ADHD. Pediatrics. 2017;140: pubmed publisher..Long-term maternal use of acetaminophen during pregnancy was substantially associated with ADHD even after adjusting for indications of use, familial risk of ADHD, and other potential confounders. ..
- Vondran M, LaFrancois J, Padow V, Friedman W, Scharfman H, Milner T, et al. p75NTR, but not proNGF, is upregulated following status epilepticus in mice. ASN Neuro. 2014;6: pubmed publisher..Moreover, the proBDNF and p75(NTR) increase after seizures in the absence of significant cell death suggests that proneurotrophin signaling may play other roles following SE. ..
- Stevenson M, Dayan P, Dudley N, Bajaj L, Macias C, Bachur R, et al. Time From Emergency Department Evaluation to Operation and Appendiceal Perforation. Pediatrics. 2017;139: pubmed publisher..95, 95% confidence interval, 0.89-1.02). Although duration of abdominal pain is associated with AP, short time delays from ED evaluation to operation did not independently increase the odds of perforation. ..
- Mogensen D, Pihl M, Skakkebæk N, Andersen H, Juul A, Kyhl H, et al. Prenatal exposure to antifungal medication may change anogenital distance in male offspring: a preliminary study. Environ Health. 2017;16:68 pubmed publisher..If confirmed, pregnant women should be advised to use antifungal medicine with caution. ..
- Cao B, Bray F, Beltrán Sánchez H, Ginsburg O, Soneji S, Soerjomataram I. Benchmarking life expectancy and cancer mortality: global comparison with cardiovascular disease 1981-2010. BMJ. 2017;357:j2765 pubmed publisher..Global actions are needed to revitalize efforts for cancer control, with a specific focus on less resourced countries. ..