Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on endocytosis in Pennsylvania, United States
Locale: Pennsylvania, United States
- Lee H, Walker J, Williams J, Goodier R, Payne J, Moss S. Direct protein kinase C-dependent phosphorylation regulates the cell surface stability and activity of the potassium chloride cotransporter KCC2. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:29777-84 pubmed..Our studies thus suggest that PKC-dependent phosphorylation of KCC2 may play a central role in modulating both the functional expression of this critical transporter in the brain and the strength of synaptic inhibition. ..
- Brown C, Wolfe A, Cui D, Chiang H. The vacuolar import and degradation pathway merges with the endocytic pathway to deliver fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase to the vacuole for degradation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:26116-27 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate a strong connection between the Vid trafficking pathway and the endocytic pathway. ..
- Murakami T, Felinski E, Antonetti D. Occludin phosphorylation and ubiquitination regulate tight junction trafficking and vascular endothelial growth factor-induced permeability. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:21036-46 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a novel mechanism of VEGF-induced occludin phosphorylation and ubiquitination that contributes to TJ trafficking and subsequent vascular permeability. ..
- Brown C, Dunton D, Chiang H. The vacuole import and degradation pathway utilizes early steps of endocytosis and actin polymerization to deliver cargo proteins to the vacuole for degradation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:1516-28 pubmed publisher..Following the fusion of endosomes with the vacuole, cargo proteins are then degraded in the vacuole. ..
- Shingler K, Yoder J, Carnegie M, Ashley R, Makhov A, Conway J, et al. The enterovirus 71 A-particle forms a gateway to allow genome release: a cryoEM study of picornavirus uncoating. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003240 pubmed publisher..These structural characteristics identify the two-fold channel as the site where a gateway forms and regulates the process of genome release...
- Winters C, Hong Brown L, Chiang H. The Shape of Vesicle-Containing Organelles Is Critical for Their Functions in Vesicle Endocytosis. DNA Cell Biol. 2017;36:909-921 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the shape of vesicle-containing organelles is critical for their functions in vesicle endocytosis...