Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cyclooxygenase 1 in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Topic: cyclooxygenase 1
- Qin W, Peng Y, Ksiezak Reding H, Ho L, Stetka B, Lovati E, et al. Inhibition of cyclooxygenase as potential novel therapeutic strategy in N141I presenilin-2 familial Alzheimer's disease. Mol Psychiatry. 2006;11:172-81 pubmed..The study provides support for the potential pharmacogenomic identification of N141I PS2 FAD cases that might preferentially benefit from inhibition of COX-2 during the progression of clinical dementia. ..
- Walch L, Morris P. Cyclooxygenase 2 pathway mediates IL-1beta regulation of IL-1alpha, -1beta, and IL-6 mRNA levels in Leydig cell progenitors. Endocrinology. 2002;143:3276-83 pubmed..Taken together, our data demonstrate that this COX2 cascade is a regulator of cytokines in Leydig progenitors. ..
- Qin W, Ho L, Pompl P, Peng Y, Zhao Z, Xiang Z, et al. Cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 and COX-1 potentiate beta-amyloid peptide generation through mechanisms that involve gamma-secretase activity. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:50970-7 pubmed
- Cao X, Peterson J, Wang G, Anrather J, Young C, Guruju M, et al. Angiotensin II-dependent hypertension requires cyclooxygenase 1-derived prostaglandin E2 and EP1 receptor signaling in the subfornical organ of the brain. Hypertension. 2012;59:869-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, COX 1-derived PGE(2) signaling through EP(1)R in the SFO is required for the ROS-mediated HTN induced by systemic infusion of Ang II and suggests that EP(1)R in the SFO may provide a novel target for antihypertensive therapy. ..
- Yermakova A, Rollins J, Callahan L, Rogers J, O Banion M. Cyclooxygenase-1 in human Alzheimer and control brain: quantitative analysis of expression by microglia and CA3 hippocampal neurons. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 1999;58:1135-46 pubmed..Currently used NSAIDs inhibit both isoforms of cyclooxygenase. The present study shows that COX-1 is widely expressed in human brain, and raises the possibility that COX-1 may contribute to CNS pathology. ..
- Capone C, Faraco G, Anrather J, Zhou P, Iadecola C. Cyclooxygenase 1-derived prostaglandin E2 and EP1 receptors are required for the cerebrovascular dysfunction induced by angiotensin II. Hypertension. 2010;55:911-7 pubmed publisher..The findings provide the first evidence that EP1Rs are involved in the deleterious cerebrovascular effects of Ang II and suggest new therapeutic approaches to counteract them. ..
- Kirschenbaum A, Liotta D, Yao S, Liu X, Klausner A, Unger P, et al. Immunohistochemical localization of cyclooxygenase-1 and cyclooxygenase-2 in the human fetal and adult male reproductive tracts. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000;85:3436-41 pubmed..The distinct cell type-specific expression patterns of Cox-2 in the prostate (smooth muscle) vs. the seminal vesicles and ejaculatory ducts (epithelium) may reflect the different roles of PGs in these tissues. ..
- Flores D, Liu Y, Liu W, Satlin L, Rohatgi R. Flow-induced prostaglandin E2 release regulates Na and K transport in the collecting duct. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2012;303:F632-8 pubmed publisher..We speculate that dietary sodium intake modulates tubular flow rate to regulate paracrine PGE(2) release and cation transport in the CD. ..