Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cohort studies in North Carolina, United States
Locale: North Carolina, United States
Topic: cohort studies
- Cotten C, Goldstein R, McDonald S, Goldberg R, Salhab W, Carlo W, et al. Apolipoprotein E genotype and outcome in infants with hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy. Pediatr Res. 2014;75:424-30 pubmed publisher..None of the differences were statistically significant. CP prevalence was also similar among genotype groups. Disability was not associated with the APOE genotype in this cohort of HIE survivors. ..
- Smith S, Maixner D, Greenspan J, Dubner R, Fillingim R, Ohrbach R, et al. Potential genetic risk factors for chronic TMD: genetic associations from the OPPERA case control study. J Pain. 2011;12:T92-101 pubmed publisher..Over 350 candidate pain genes were assessed using a candidate gene panel, with several genes displaying preliminary evidence for association with TMD status. ..
- Martin L, Smith S, Khoutorsky A, Magnussen C, Samoshkin A, Sorge R, et al. Epiregulin and EGFR interactions are involved in pain processing. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3353-3366 pubmed publisher..Thus, EGFR and EREG may be suitable therapeutic targets for persistent pain conditions. ..
- Wouters M, Lambrechts D, Knapp M, Cleynen I, Whorwell P, Agreus L, et al. Genetic variants in CDC42 and NXPH1 as susceptibility factors for constipation and diarrhoea predominant irritable bowel syndrome. Gut. 2014;63:1103-11 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to validate our findings and to determine the mechanisms underlying IBS pathophysiology. ..
- Ouellet D, Grossmann K, Limentani G, Nebot N, Lan K, Knowles L, et al. Effects of particle size, food, and capsule shell composition on the oral bioavailability of dabrafenib, a BRAF inhibitor, in patients with BRAF mutation-positive tumors. J Pharm Sci. 2013;102:3100-9 pubmed publisher..Dabrafenib has been administered in pivotal clinical studies on an empty stomach using micronized drug substance in HPMC capsules. ..
- Joubert B, Håberg S, Nilsen R, Wang X, Vollset S, Murphy S, et al. 450K epigenome-wide scan identifies differential DNA methylation in newborns related to maternal smoking during pregnancy. Environ Health Perspect. 2012;120:1425-31 pubmed publisher..Our findings implicate epigenetic mechanisms in the pathogenesis of the adverse health outcomes associated with this important in utero exposure. ..
- Dickerson M, Johnston J, Delea T, White A, Andrews E. The causal role for genital ulcer disease as a risk factor for transmission of human immunodeficiency virus. An application of the Bradford Hill criteria. Sex Transm Dis. 1996;23:429-40 pubmed..The evidence from the literature is discussed, and the criteria for causal inference proposed by Sir Austin Bradford Hill are applied...
- Wade T, Sams E, Brenner K, Haugland R, Chern E, Beach M, et al. Rapidly measured indicators of recreational water quality and swimming-associated illness at marine beaches: a prospective cohort study. Environ Health. 2010;9:66 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first evidence of a relationship between gastrointestinal illness and estimates of fecal indicator organisms determined by qPCR at marine beaches. ..
- Farrelly M, Nonnemaker J, Davis K, Hussin A. The Influence of the National truth campaign on smoking initiation. Am J Prev Med. 2009;36:379-84 pubmed publisher..69, p<0.001), and living with both parents at baseline (OR=0.79, p<0.001). The current study strengthens the available evidence for antismoking campaigns as a viable strategy for preventing youth smoking. ..
- Longnecker M. Pharmacokinetic variability and the miracle of modern analytical chemistry. Epidemiology. 2006;17:350-1 pubmed
- London S, Yuan J, Coetzee G, Gao Y, Ross R, Yu M. CYP1A1 I462V genetic polymorphism and lung cancer risk in a cohort of men in Shanghai, China. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2000;9:987-91 pubmed
- Woodhead J, Howell B, Yang Y, Harrill A, Clewell H, Andersen M, et al. An analysis of N-acetylcysteine treatment for acetaminophen overdose using a systems model of drug-induced liver injury. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2012;342:529-40 pubmed publisher..The modeling also suggests that modification of the current treatment nomograms should be considered...
- Finkelstein E, Khavjou O, Will J. Cost-effectiveness of WISEWOMAN, a program aimed at reducing heart disease risk among low-income women. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2006;15:379-89 pubmed
- Hudnell H, House D, Schmid J, Koltai D, Stopford W, Wilkins J, et al. Human visual function in the North Carolina clinical study on possible estuary-associated syndrome. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2001;62:575-94 pubmed..These results suggest that factor(s) associated with the North Carolina estuaries, including the possibility of exposure to TPC toxin(s), may impair visual system function...