Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on child in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Publications842 found, 100 shown here
- Brenner D, Hall E. Computed tomography--an increasing source of radiation exposure. N Engl J Med. 2007;357:2277-84 pubmed
- Elbel B, Gyamfi J, Kersh R. Child and adolescent fast-food choice and the influence of calorie labeling: a natural experiment. Int J Obes (Lond). 2011;35:493-500 pubmed publisher..We did not find evidence that labeling influenced adolescent food choice or parental food choices for children in this population. ..
- Modak S, Cheung I, Kushner B, Kramer K, Reich L, Cheung N. Plerixafor plus granulocyte-colony stimulating factor for autologous hematopoietic stem cell mobilization in patients with metastatic neuroblastoma. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2012;58:469-71 pubmed publisher..Hematopoietic reconstitution was achieved in all three patients receiving plerixafor-primed stem cells after myeloablative therapy. Plerixafor is an effective and safe agent for stem cell collection in patients with NB. ..
- Kumar J, McDermott K, Abraham A, Friedman L, Johnson V, Kaskel F, et al. Prevalence and correlates of 25-hydroxyvitamin D deficiency in the Chronic Kidney Disease in Children (CKiD) cohort. Pediatr Nephrol. 2016;31:121-9 pubmed publisher..25OHD deficiency is a risk factor for secondary hyperparathyroidism and decreased serum 1,25(OH)2D in children with CKD. ..
- Arora K, Jacobs A. Female genital alteration: a compromise solution. J Med Ethics. 2016;42:148-54 pubmed publisher..However, accepting de minimis non-therapeutic f FGA procedures enhances the effort of compassionate practitioners searching for a compromise position that respects cultural differences but protects the health of their patients. ..
- Dahourou D, Gautier Lafaye C, Teasdale C, Renner L, Yotebieng M, Desmonde S, et al. Transition from paediatric to adult care of adolescents living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa: challenges, youth-friendly models, and outcomes. J Int AIDS Soc. 2017;20:21528 pubmed publisher..Standardized data gathering, analysis, and reporting systems specific to adolescent transition are essential to improve understanding and adolescent outcomes in Africa. ..
- Yarmohammadi H, Cunningham Rundles C. Idiopathic CD4 lymphocytopenia: Pathogenesis, etiologies, clinical presentations and treatment strategies. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2017;119:374-378 pubmed publisher..The pathogenesis of ICL remains unclear. Although only some patients are healthy, most patients present with opportunistic infections. There is no known standard treatment aside from prophylactic antibiotics. ..
- Hamdan F, Myers C, Cossette P, Lemay P, Spiegelman D, Laporte A, et al. High Rate of Recurrent De Novo Mutations in Developmental and Epileptic Encephalopathies. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;101:664-685 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these DNMs were more frequently recurrent than those identified in ID series. These observations indicate that the genetic landscape of DEE might be different from that of ID without epilepsy. ..
- Jin W, Jackson C, Desnick R, Schuchman E. Mucopolysaccharidosis type VI: identification of three mutations in the arylsulfatase B gene of patients with the severe and mild phenotypes provides molecular evidence for genetic heterogeneity. Am J Hum Genet. 1992;50:795-800 pubmed..The identification of these three ASB mutations documents the first evidence of molecular heterogeneity in MPS VI and provides an initial basis for genotype/phenotype correlations in this lysosomal storage disease. ..
- Lashansky G, Saenger P, Fishman K, Gautier T, Mayes D, Berg G, et al. Normative data for adrenal steroidogenesis in a healthy pediatric population: age- and sex-related changes after adrenocorticotropin stimulation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1991;73:674-86 pubmed..01). These data confirm the need for interpretation ACTH stimulation test data to be based upon age- and sex-specific norms. ..
- Dodoo F. Men matter: additive and interactive gendered preferences and reproductive behavior in Kenya. Demography. 1998;35:229-42 pubmed..Additive and interactive measures of preferences document a significant effect of men's preferences, which may eclipse women's preferences. The implications of these findings are discussed. ..
- Balmaceda C. Chemotherapy for intramedullary spinal cord tumors. J Neurooncol. 2000;47:293-307 pubmed..This article describes the most common intramedullary tumors and the role of chemotherapy. ..
- Lebwohl M, Elewski B, Eisen D, Savin R. Efficacy and safety of terbinafine 1% solution in the treatment of interdigital tinea pedis and tinea corporis or tinea cruris. Cutis. 2001;67:261-6 pubmed..We conclude that one week of therapy with terbinafine 1% solution is highly effective, superior to vehicle, and safe for use in superficial fungal infections...
- Kaufman M, Smith S, Rothschild M, Som P. Thymopharyngeal duct cyst: an unusual variant of cervical thymic anomalies. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2001;127:1357-60 pubmed..Computed tomography is helpful to delineate the relationship to the carotid sheath. Complete surgical excision is the appropriate therapy in a majority of cases, with minimal morbidity when careful attention is paid to vital structures. ..
- Heffernan R, Mostashari F, Das D, Karpati A, Kulldorff M, Weiss D. Syndromic surveillance in public health practice, New York City. Emerg Infect Dis. 2004;10:858-64 pubmed..Eighty-three percent of the signals for diarrhea and 88% of the signals for vomiting occurred during periods of suspected norovirus and rotavirus transmission. ..
- Klig J, Shah N. Office pediatrics: current issues in lower respiratory infections in children. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2005;17:111-8 pubmed..Innovations in immunotherapy and vaccines will be instrumental to reducing the burden of LRI morbidity in infants and children worldwide in the future. ..
- Sobin C, Kiley Brabeck K, Daniels S, Khuri J, Taylor L, Blundell M, et al. Neuropsychological characteristics of children with the 22q11 Deletion Syndrome: a descriptive analysis. Child Neuropsychol. 2005;11:39-53 pubmed..Implications of these findings are considered with regard to past results. ..
- Alexis A, Strober B. Off-label dermatologic uses of anti-TNF-a therapies. J Cutan Med Surg. 2005;9:296-302 pubmed..A growing number of published reports suggest that anti-TNF-a therapies may be effective in the treatment of numerous inflammatory skin diseases outside their currently approved indications. ..
- Posner K, Oquendo M, Gould M, Stanley B, Davies M. Columbia Classification Algorithm of Suicide Assessment (C-CASA): classification of suicidal events in the FDA's pediatric suicidal risk analysis of antidepressants. Am J Psychiatry. 2007;164:1035-43 pubmed
- Smith R, Gomes N, Barile G, Busuioc M, Lee N, Laine A. Lipofuscin and autofluorescence metrics in progressive STGD. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:3907-14 pubmed publisher..FDAF tended to develop, not coincident with, but adjacent to initial FIAF. Because AF identifies these characteristic biological markers so specifically, autofluorescence metrics merit consideration in the study of STGD. ..
- Eiden R, Molnar D, Colder C, Edwards E, Leonard K. A conceptual model predicting internalizing problems in middle childhood among children of alcoholic and nonalcoholic fathers: the role of marital aggression. J Stud Alcohol Drugs. 2009;70:741-50 pubmed..Interventions targeting both parents' alcohol problems and associated marital aggression are likely to provide the dual benefits of improving family interactions and lowering risk of children's internalizing behavior problems. ..
- Stein R, Siegel M, Bauman L. Double jeopardy: what social risk adds to biomedical risk in understanding child health and health care utilization. Acad Pediatr. 2010;10:165-71 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for health care planners and insurers in estimating the burdens on clinicians and potential costs of delivering care to those with high social risks. ..
- Dunkel I, Chan H, Jubran R, Chantada G, Goldman S, Chintagumpala M, et al. High-dose chemotherapy with autologous hematopoietic stem cell rescue for stage 4B retinoblastoma. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2010;55:149-52 pubmed publisher..Here we describe a series of eight patients treated with intensive chemotherapy, defined as the intention to include high-dose chemotherapy with autologous hematopoietic stem cell rescue...
- Gipson D, Trachtman H, Kaskel F, Radeva M, Gassman J, Greene T, et al. Clinical trials treating focal segmental glomerulosclerosis should measure patient quality of life. Kidney Int. 2011;79:678-685 pubmed publisher..Thus, the impact of FSGS on quality of life is significant and this measurement should be included in all trials. ..
- Kelly Pieper K, Lamm C, Fennoy I. Sleep and obesity in children: a clinical perspective. Minerva Pediatr. 2011;63:473-81 pubmed
- Newman M, Silverberg N. Once-daily application of calcipotriene 0.005%-betamethasone dipropionate 0.064% ointment for repigmentation of facial vitiligo. Cutis. 2011;88:256-9 pubmed..Adult and pediatric facial vitiligo patients may see repigmentation as early as 2 months after initiation of therapy. Children may experience a better response, but larger studies are needed. ..
- Raver C, Carter J, McCoy D, Roy A, Ursache A, Friedman A. Testing models of children's self-regulation within educational contexts: implications for measurement. Adv Child Dev Behav. 2012;42:245-70 pubmed
- Friedman R, Downey J. Sexual differentiation of childhood play: a contemporary psychoanalytic perspective. Arch Sex Behav. 2014;43:197-211 pubmed publisher..These topics and other aspects of the sexual differentiation of behavior have been under-emphasized in psychoanalytic thought. ..
- Lichtenthal W, Neimeyer R, Currier J, Roberts K, JORDAN N. Cause of death and the quest for meaning after the loss of a child. Death Stud. 2013;37:311-42 pubmed
- Sicherer S, Wood R, Vickery B, Perry T, Jones S, Leung D, et al. Impact of Allergic Reactions on Food-Specific IgE Concentrations and Skin Test Results. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2016;4:239-45.e4 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that reactions from OFCs and accidental exposure are not associated with increases in sensitization among children allergic to milk, egg, or peanut. ..
- Sherman S, Kidd S, Riley C, Berry Kravis E, Andrews H, Miller R, et al. FORWARD: A Registry and Longitudinal Clinical Database to Study Fragile X Syndrome. Pediatrics. 2017;139:S183-S193 pubmed publisher..These data can be used to advance our understanding of FXS: the impact of cooccurring conditions, the impact on the day-to-day lives of individuals living with FXS and their families, and short-term and long-term outcomes. ..
- Rothenberg A, Weissman A. The development of programs for pregnant and parenting teens. Soc Work Health Care. 2002;35:65-83 pubmed
- Robertson W, Kelly B, Green D. Osteochondritis dissecans of the knee in children. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2003;15:38-44 pubmed..This review article discusses the anatomy, etiology, evaluation, classification, treatment, and expected outcome of osteochondritis dissecans lesions. ..
- Kerkar N, Gold D, Thung S, Shneider B. Jaundice accompanied by giant cell hepatitis and eosinophilia in childhood. Semin Liver Dis. 2004;24:107-11 pubmed
- Jaffe D, Jakubowski A, Sepkowitz K, Sebti R, Kiehn T, Pamer E, et al. Prevention of peritransplantation viridans streptococcal bacteremia with early vancomycin administration: a single-center observational cohort study. Clin Infect Dis. 2004;39:1625-32 pubmed..003-0.19) after controlling for age, sex, underlying disease, and transplantation variables. The benefits of vancomycin prophylaxis for the prevention of VSB and associated mortality need to be evaluated in a prospective clinical trial. ..
- Bent J. Airway hemangiomas: contemporary management. Lymphat Res Biol. 2003;1:331-5 pubmed..A myriad of medical and surgical treatment options exist for children with airway hemangiomas. Careful application of these technologies allows for satisfying outcomes in most cases. ..
- Shachter N, Rabinowitz D, Stohl S, Conde Knape K, Cohn J, Deckelbaum R, et al. The common insertional polymorphism in the APOC1 promoter is associated with serum apolipoprotein C-I levels in Hispanic children. Atherosclerosis. 2005;179:387-93 pubmed..These findings suggest that the mechanism of the previously described association with plasma TG is, at least in part, related to the correlation of the polymorphism with the level of expression of apoC-I. ..
- Barros R, Silver E, Stein R. School recess and group classroom behavior. Pediatrics. 2009;123:431-6 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that schoolchildren in this age group should be provided with daily recess. ..
- Kinnally E, Huang Y, Haverly R, Burke A, Galfalvy H, Brent D, et al. Parental care moderates the influence of MAOA-uVNTR genotype and childhood stressors on trait impulsivity and aggression in adult women. Psychiatr Genet. 2009;19:126-33 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that gene-environment interactions influence not only disadvantageous outcomes, but also sensitivity to features of the environment that could alleviate these outcomes. ..
- Sen C, Shrivastava R, Anwar S, Triana A. Lateral transcondylar approach for tumors at the anterior aspect of the craniovertebral junction. Neurosurgery. 2010;66:104-12 pubmed publisher..The lateral transcondylar approach is a versatile approach to this area and allows access to a variety of intra- and extradural tumors. The lateral transcondylar approach has been used for a series of chordomas in this location...
- Sicherer S, Muñoz Furlong A, Godbold J, Sampson H. US prevalence of self-reported peanut, tree nut, and sesame allergy: 11-year follow-up. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2010;125:1322-6 pubmed publisher..Allergy to peanuts and tree nuts (TNs) is the leading cause of fatal allergic reactions in the United States, and the prevalence appears to be increasing...
- Nikulina V, Widom C, Brzustowicz L. Child abuse and neglect, MAOA, and mental health outcomes: a prospective examination. Biol Psychiatry. 2012;71:350-7 pubmed publisher..This prospective study provides evidence that MAOA interacts with child maltreatment to predict mental health outcomes. Reasons for sex differences and race findings are discussed. ..
- Hollander E, Soorya L, Chaplin W, Anagnostou E, Taylor B, Ferretti C, et al. A double-blind placebo-controlled trial of fluoxetine for repetitive behaviors and global severity in adult autism spectrum disorders. Am J Psychiatry. 2012;169:292-9 pubmed publisher..Fluoxetine appeared to be well tolerated. These findings stand in contrast to findings in a trial of citalopram for childhood autism. ..
- Palioura S, Gobin Y, Brodie S, Marr B, Dunkel I, Abramson D. Ophthalmic artery chemosurgery for the management of retinoblastoma in eyes with extensive (>50%) retinal detachment. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2012;59:859-64 pubmed publisher..e. ophthalmic artery chemosurgery, has been used for the treatment of advanced intraocular retinoblastoma. Herein, we evaluate the efficacy of ophthalmic artery chemosurgery for retinoblastoma associated with >50% retinal detachment...
- Lebwohl B, Granath F, Ekbom A, Smedby K, Murray J, Neugut A, et al. Mucosal healing and risk for lymphoproliferative malignancy in celiac disease: a population-based cohort study. Ann Intern Med. 2013;159:169-75 pubmed publisher..Increased risk for LPM in CD is associated with the follow-up biopsy results, with a higher risk among patients with persistent villous atrophy. Follow-up biopsy may effectively stratify patients with CD by risk for subsequent LPM. ..
- Soorya L, Siper P, Beck T, Soffes S, Halpern D, Gorenstein M, et al. Randomized comparative trial of a social cognitive skills group for children with autism spectrum disorder. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2015;54:208-216.e1 pubmed publisher..Clinical trial registration information-Neural and Behavioral Outcomes of Social Skills Groups in Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder; https://clinicaltrials.gov; NCT01190917. ..
- Ault B, Levy D. Osteopathic manipulative treatment use in the emergency department: a retrospective medical record review. J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2015;115:132-7 pubmed publisher..09 per day. In contrast to perceptions that OMT use is declining, the authors found that OMT is being performed on a near daily basis in the ED. Additional research is needed to fully understand the impact of OMT in the ED. ..
- Xu W, Astrin K, Desnick R. Molecular basis of congenital erythropoietic porphyria: mutations in the human uroporphyrinogen III synthase gene. Hum Mutat. 1996;7:187-92 pubmed..Prokaryotic expression of the mutant URO-synthase alleles identified those with significant residual activity, thereby permitting genotype/phenotype predictions for this clinically heterogeneous disease. ..
- Kothbauer K, Jallo G, Siffert J, Jimenez E, Allen J, Epstein F. Foreign body reaction to hemostatic materials mimicking recurrent brain tumor. Report of three cases. J Neurosurg. 2001;95:503-6 pubmed..If the resection yields recurrent tumor, additional appropriate oncological treatment is warranted, but if a foreign body reaction is found, potentially harmful therapy can be withheld or postponed...
- Ojukwu I, Christy C. Rat-bite fever in children: case report and review. Scand J Infect Dis. 2002;34:474-7 pubmed..Both responded promptly to antibiotic treatment. An additional 10 cases from a MEDLINE review (1960-2000) are reviewed. RBF must be included in the differential diagnosis of febrile patients with rashes and a history of exposure to rats...
- Tash J, Stock J, Hanna M. The role of partial nephrectomy in the treatment of pediatric renal hypertension. J Urol. 2003;169:625-8 pubmed..We present our results of partial nephrectomy in this unique group of pediatric patients with hypertension in whom renin dependent hypertension involved only a segment of the kidney...
- Paramesh A, Husain S, Shneider B, Guller J, Tokat I, Gondolesi G, et al. Improvement of hepatopulmonary syndrome after transjugular intrahepatic portasystemic shunting: case report and review of literature. Pediatr Transplant. 2003;7:157-62 pubmed..Her disease was complicated with recurrent variceal bleeding. TIPS achieved a therapeutic response of both her bleeding and respiratory complications. ..
- Perera F, Rauh V, Whyatt R, Tang D, Tsai W, Bernert J, et al. A summary of recent findings on birth outcomes and developmental effects of prenatal ETS, PAH, and pesticide exposures. Neurotoxicology. 2005;26:573-87 pubmed..05). These results underscore the importance of policies that reduce exposure to ETS, air pollution, and pesticides with potentially adverse effects on fetal growth and child neurodevelopment. ..
- Sharav V. Screening for mental illness: the merger of eugenics and the drug industry. Ethical Hum Psychol Psychiatry. 2005;7:111-24 pubmed..The escalating expenditure for psychotropic drugs since TMAP leaves little doubt about who the beneficiaries of TMAP are. Screening for mental illness will increase their use. ..
- Eickhorst K, Deleo V, Csaposs J. Rue the herb: Ruta graveolens--associated phytophototoxicity. Dermatitis. 2007;18:52-5 pubmed..R. graveolens can be associated with an impressive photoirritant reaction and should not be used as an insect repellent. ..
- Chehade M, Sampson H, Morotti R, Magid M. Esophageal subepithelial fibrosis in children with eosinophilic esophagitis. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2007;45:319-28 pubmed..It is associated with dysphagia, and it may explain and predict future esophageal dysmotility. Fibrosis is related to the extent of esophageal eosinophil activation, as evidenced by eosinophil degranulation. ..
- Greenstein V, Santos R, Tsang S, Smith R, Barile G, Seiple W. Preferred retinal locus in macular disease: characteristics and clinical implications. Retina. 2008;28:1234-40 pubmed publisher..To investigate the location and fixation stability of preferred retinal locations (PRLs) in patients with macular disease, and the relationship among areas of abnormal fundus autofluorescence, the PRL and visual sensitivity...
- Nowak Wegrzyn A, Assa ad A, Bahna S, Bock S, Sicherer S, Teuber S. Work Group report: oral food challenge testing. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;123:S365-83 pubmed publisher..A negative oral food challenge result allows introduction of the food into the diet, whereas a positive oral food challenge result provides a sound basis for continued avoidance of the food...
- Lichtenthal W, Currier J, Neimeyer R, Keesee N. Sense and significance: a mixed methods examination of meaning making after the loss of one's child. J Clin Psychol. 2010;66:791-812 pubmed publisher..These results further reinforce the importance of meaning making for many bereaved parents and suggest the utility of developing and evaluating meaning-centered grief interventions with this population. ..
- Cunningham Rundles S, Ahrne S, Johann Liang R, Abuav R, Dunn Navarra A, Grassey C, et al. Effect of probiotic bacteria on microbial host defense, growth, and immune function in human immunodeficiency virus type-1 infection. Nutrients. 2011;3:1042-70 pubmed publisher..Probiotic bacteria may stabilize CD4+ T cell numbers in HIV-1 infected children and are likely to have protective effects against inflammation and chronic immune activation of the gastrointestinal immune system. ..
- Koganti S, de la Paz A, Freeman A, Bhaduri McIntosh S. B lymphocytes from patients with a hypomorphic mutation in STAT3 resist Epstein-Barr virus-driven cell proliferation. J Virol. 2014;88:516-24 pubmed publisher..These findings simultaneously reveal how EBV manipulates host STAT3 even before expression of viral oncogenes to facilitate cell survival and proliferation, processes fundamental to EBV lymphomagenesis. ..
- Ramirez M. Multiple organ dysfunction syndrome. Curr Probl Pediatr Adolesc Health Care. 2013;43:273-7 pubmed publisher..There are several nonspecific therapies for the prevention and resolution of MODS, mostly care is supportive. Mortality from MODS in septic pediatric patients varies between 11% and 54%. ..
- Mervish N, Pajak A, Teitelbaum S, Pinney S, Windham G, Kushi L, et al. Thyroid Antagonists (Perchlorate, Thiocyanate, and Nitrate) and Childhood Growth in a Longitudinal Study of U.S. Girls. Environ Health Perspect. 2016;124:542-9 pubmed publisher..2016. Thyroid antagonists (perchlorate, thiocyanate, and nitrate) and childhood growth in a longitudinal study of U.S. girls. Environ Health Perspect 124:542-549;â€‚http://dx.doi.org/10.1289/ehp.1409309. ..
- Cincura C, de Lima C, Machado P, Oliveira Filho J, Glesby M, Lessa M, et al. Mucosal leishmaniasis: A Retrospective Study of 327 Cases from an Endemic Area of Leishmania (Viannia) braziliensis. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;97:761-766 pubmed publisher..Despite the improvement in medical care during the study period, the prevalence of ML did not change and severe disease continues to be a major challenge for the management of these patients. ..
- Myers C, STONG N, Mountier E, Helbig K, Freytag S, Sullivan J, et al. De Novo Mutations in PPP3CA Cause Severe Neurodevelopmental Disease with Seizures. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;101:516-524 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, we securely implicate PPP3CA in early-onset refractory epilepsy and further support the emerging role for synaptic dysregulation in epilepsy. ..
- Pass R, Solowiejczyk D, Quaegebeur J, Liberman L, Altmann K, Gersony W, et al. Bulboventricular foramen resection: hemodynamic and electrophysiologic results. Ann Thorac Surg. 2001;71:1251-4 pubmed..Atrioventricular nodal function can be preserved in most patients with this operative approach, including those with [S,L,L] segmental anatomy. ..
- Carpenter D, El Qaderi S, Fayzieva D, Gilani A, Hambartsumyan A, Herz K, et al. Children's environmental health in Central Asia and the Middle east. Int J Occup Environ Health. 2006;12:362-8 pubmed
- Zaidman G, Flanagan J, Furey C. Long-term visual prognosis in children after corneal transplant surgery for Peters anomaly type I. Am J Ophthalmol. 2007;144:104-108 pubmed..To evaluate the long-term visual prognosis in children with corneal transplant surgery for Peters anomaly type I...
- Scope A, Marghoob A, Dusza S, Satagopan J, Agero A, Benvenuto Andrade C, et al. Dermoscopic patterns of naevi in fifth grade children of the Framingham school system. Br J Dermatol. 2008;158:1041-9 pubmed publisher..0001). An interrelationship was observed in childhood between dermoscopic pattern, naevus size, anatomical location on the back and pigment phenotype. ..
- Shimomura Y, Garzon M, Kristal L, Shapiro L, Christiano A. Autosomal recessive woolly hair with hypotrichosis caused by a novel homozygous mutation in the P2RY5 gene. Exp Dermatol. 2009;18:218-21 pubmed publisher..Our findings extend the mutation spectrum of P2RY5 mutations, and further support a crucial role of P2Y5 in hair growth in humans. ..
- Paduch D, Bolyakov A, Cohen P, Travis A. Reproduction in men with Klinefelter syndrome: the past, the present, and the future. Semin Reprod Med. 2009;27:137-48 pubmed publisher..This review provides the latest update in our understanding of the pathophysiology, natural history, and evolving paradigms of therapy in adolescents and men with KS...
- Spivak L, Auerbach C, Vambutas A, Geshkovich S, Wexler L, Popecki B. Electrical compound action potentials recorded with automated neural response telemetry: threshold changes as a function of time and electrode position. Ear Hear. 2011;32:104-13 pubmed publisher..Although not an ideal solution, mid-array ECAP thresholds obtained intraoperatively may prove to be helpful in creating a first MAP when no other behavioral or electrophysiological data are available. ..
- Hitchen C, Osa E, Dewyngaert J, Chang J, Narayana A. Dose to craniofacial region through portal imaging of pediatric brain tumors. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2012;13:3385 pubmed publisher..Dose contributions from PI should be considered in the final documented dose. Attempts must be made in PI practices to lower the imaging dose when feasible. ..
- Hancioglu A, Arnold F. Measuring coverage in MNCH: tracking progress in health for women and children using DHS and MICS household surveys. PLoS Med. 2013;10:e1001391 pubmed publisher..We conclude that, although much effort has been made to improve coverage measurement in household surveys, continuing efforts are needed, including further research to improve and refine survey methods and analytical techniques. ..
- Yang J, Wexler L, Meyers P, Happersett L, La Quaglia M, Wolden S. Intensity-modulated radiation therapy with dose-painting for pediatric sarcomas with pulmonary metastases. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2013;60:1616-20 pubmed publisher..DP-IMRT is one solution to this technical problem. Initial data from this small series suggest DP-IMRT is feasible and produces superior sparing of critical normal tissues. ..
- Weeks K, Fabricant P, Ladenhauf H, Green D. Surgical options for patellar stabilization in the skeletally immature patient. Sports Med Arthrosc Rev. 2012;20:194-202 pubmed..This review intends to discuss the techniques and outcomes of surgical reconstructions accepted and utilized in the skeletally immature patients. ..
- Sabath D, BENDER M, Sankaran V, Vamos E, Kentsis A, Yi H, et al. Characterization of Deletions of the HBA and HBB Loci by Array Comparative Genomic Hybridization. J Mol Diagn. 2016;18:92-9 pubmed publisher..In summary, comparative genomic hybridization can be used to characterize deletions of the HBA and HBB loci, allowing high-resolution characterization of novel deletions that are not readily detected by PCR-based methods. ..
- Manganello J, Colvin K, Chisolm D, Arnold C, Hancock J, Davis T. Validation of the Rapid Estimate for Adolescent Literacy in Medicine Short Form (REALM-TeenS). Pediatrics. 2017;139: pubmed publisher..Scoring guidelines ensure that reading level assessment is appropriate by age and grade. ..
- Tobochnik S, Fahlstrom R, Shain C, Winawer M. Familial aggregation of focal seizure semiology in the Epilepsy Phenome/Genome Project. Neurology. 2017;89:22-28 pubmed publisher..Our results provide insight into genotype-phenotype correlation in the nonacquired focal epilepsies and a framework for identifying subgroups of patients likely to share susceptibility genes. ..
- Rosenberg E, Louik J, Conway E, Devinsky O, Friedman D. Quality of Life in Childhood Epilepsy in pediatric patients enrolled in a prospective, open-label clinical study with cannabidiol. Epilepsia. 2017;58:e96-e100 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that CBD may have beneficial effects on patient QOL, distinct from its seizure-reducing effects; however, further studies in placebo-controlled, double-blind trials are necessary to confirm this finding. ..
- Weiner H, Carlson C, Ridgway E, Zaroff C, Miles D, LaJoie J, et al. Epilepsy surgery in young children with tuberous sclerosis: results of a novel approach. Pediatrics. 2006;117:1494-502 pubmed..Multiple or bilateral seizure foci are not necessarily a contraindication to surgery. Long-term follow-up will determine whether this approach has durable effects. ..
- Hall E. Radiation biology for pediatric radiologists. Pediatr Radiol. 2009;39 Suppl 1:S57-64 pubmed publisher..It is for this reason that every effort should be made to reduce the doses associated with procedures such as CT scans, particularly in children, in the spirit of ALARA. ..
- Tosello V, Mansour M, Barnes K, Paganin M, Sulis M, Jenkinson S, et al. WT1 mutations in T-ALL. Blood. 2009;114:1038-45 pubmed publisher..Survival analysis demonstrated that WT1 mutations do not confer adverse prognosis in pediatric and adult T-ALL. Overall, these results identify the presence of WT1 mutations as a recurrent genetic alteration in T-ALL. ..
- Longley J, Demar L, Feinstein R, Miller R, Silvers D. Clinical and histologic features of pityriasis lichenoides et varioliformis acuta in children. Arch Dermatol. 1987;123:1335-9 pubmed..These include reactions to arthropods, Gianotti-Crosti syndrome, varicella, and erythema multiforme. Histologically, papular eczema and pityriasis rosea may be misdiagnosed as PLEVA. ..