Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell wall in California, United States
Locale: California, United States
Topic: cell wall
- Low L, Yang C, Perego M, Osterman A, Liddington R. Structure and lytic activity of a Bacillus anthracis prophage endolysin. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:35433-9 pubmed publisher..These results may have broad implications for the design of endolysins as therapeutic agents...
- ..In contrast, the biosynthesis of xylans and beta-(1-->3,1-->4)-glucans remains very elusive, and recent studies have led to more questions than answers. ..
- Rhee S, Osborne E, Poindexter P, Somerville C. Microspore separation in the quartet 3 mutants of Arabidopsis is impaired by a defect in a developmentally regulated polygalacturonase required for pollen mother cell wall degradation. Plant Physiol. 2003;133:1170-80 pubmed..Immunohistochemical localization of QRT3 indicated that the protein is secreted from tapetal cells during the early microspore stage. Thus, QRT3 plays a direct role in degrading the pollen mother cell wall during microspore development. ..
- Tesson B, Hildebrand M. Characterization and localization of insoluble organic matrices associated with diatom cell walls: insight into their roles during cell wall formation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61675 pubmed publisher..Additionally we identified a novel glucose polymer and characterized its role during silica structure formation. ..
- Sedbrook J, Carroll K, Hung K, Masson P, Somerville C. The Arabidopsis SKU5 gene encodes an extracellular glycosyl phosphatidylinositol-anchored glycoprotein involved in directional root growth. Plant Cell. 2002;14:1635-48 pubmed..Our observations suggest that SKU5 affects two directional growth processes, possibly by participating in cell wall expansion. ..
- Welner D, Shin D, Tomaleri G, DeGiovanni A, Tsai A, Tran H, et al. Plant cell wall glycosyltransferases: High-throughput recombinant expression screening and general requirements for these challenging enzymes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177591 pubmed publisher..The obtained preparation of Reversibly Glycosylated Polypeptide 1 has the expected arabinopyranose mutase and autoglycosylation activities. ..
- Vega Sánchez M, Verhertbruggen Y, Christensen U, Chen X, Sharma V, Varanasi P, et al. Loss of Cellulose synthase-like F6 function affects mixed-linkage glucan deposition, cell wall mechanical properties, and defense responses in vegetative tissues of rice. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:56-69 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results underline a weaker role of MLG in cell expansion than previously thought, and highlight a structural role for MLG in nonexpanding, mature stem tissues in rice. ..
- Alvira C, Guignabert C, Kim Y, Chen C, Wang L, Duong T, et al. Inhibition of transforming growth factor ? worsens elastin degradation in a murine model of Kawasaki disease. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:1210-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, strategies to block TGF-?, used in those with Marfan syndrome, are unlikely to be beneficial and could be detrimental. ..
- Pugin J, Heumann I, Tomasz A, Kravchenko V, Akamatsu Y, Nishijima M, et al. CD14 is a pattern recognition receptor. Immunity. 1994;1:509-16 pubmed..This finding defines the molecular basis for innate microbial immunity; implicit in these findings are new possibilities for therapeutics. ..
- Gillmor C, Lukowitz W, Brininstool G, Sedbrook J, Hamann T, Poindexter P, et al. Glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored proteins are required for cell wall synthesis and morphogenesis in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2005;17:1128-40 pubmed
- Persson S, Caffall K, Freshour G, Hilley M, Bauer S, Poindexter P, et al. The Arabidopsis irregular xylem8 mutant is deficient in glucuronoxylan and homogalacturonan, which are essential for secondary cell wall integrity. Plant Cell. 2007;19:237-55 pubmed
- Rautengarten C, Ebert B, Herter T, Petzold C, Ishii T, Mukhopadhyay A, et al. The interconversion of UDP-arabinopyranose and UDP-arabinofuranose is indispensable for plant development in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2011;23:1373-90 pubmed publisher..Concomitant downregulation of RGP1 and RGP2 expression results in plants almost completely deficient in cell wall–derived L-Ara and exhibiting severe developmental defects. ..
- Carroll A, Mansoori N, Li S, Lei L, Vernhettes S, Visser R, et al. Complexes with mixed primary and secondary cellulose synthases are functional in Arabidopsis plants. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:726-37 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that sufficient parallels exist between the primary and secondary complexes for cross-functionality and open the possibility that mixed complexes of primary and secondary CESAs may occur at particular times...
- Yount N, Yeaman M. Peptide antimicrobials: cell wall as a bacterial target. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2013;1277:127-38 pubmed publisher..Thus, understanding the relationships between HDPs and cell wall targets may shed light on new peptide antimicrobial agents and strategies to meet the daunting challenge of antibiotic resistance. ..
- Tesson B, Hildebrand M. Extensive and intimate association of the cytoskeleton with forming silica in diatoms: control over patterning on the meso- and micro-scale. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14300 pubmed publisher..However, we are still unable to explain or reproduce in vitro the complexity of structures formed by diatoms...
- Zajonc D, Cantu C, Mattner J, Zhou D, Savage P, Bendelac A, et al. Structure and function of a potent agonist for the semi-invariant natural killer T cell receptor. Nat Immunol. 2005;6:810-8 pubmed
- Sawake S, Tajima N, Mortimer J, Lao J, Ishikawa T, Yu X, et al. KONJAC1 and 2 Are Key Factors for GDP-Mannose Generation and Affect l-Ascorbic Acid and Glucomannan Biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2015;27:3397-409 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that KJCs are key factors for the generation of GDP-Man and affect AsA level and glucomannan accumulation through the stimulation of VTC1 GMPP activity. ..