Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell survival in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Topic: cell survival
Publications530 found, 100 shown here
- Fletcher E, Simon C, Pagiazitis J, Chalif J, Vukojicic A, Drobac E, et al. Reduced sensory synaptic excitation impairs motor neuron function via Kv2.1 in spinal muscular atrophy. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:905-916 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a key role of excitatory synaptic drive in shaping the function of motor neurons during development and the contribution of its disruption to a neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Chiu A, Xu W, He B, Dillon S, Gross J, Sievers E, et al. Hodgkin lymphoma cells express TACI and BCMA receptors and generate survival and proliferation signals in response to BAFF and APRIL. Blood. 2007;109:729-39 pubmed
- Kobos R, Nagai M, Tsuda M, Merl M, Saito T, Lae M, et al. Combining integrated genomics and functional genomics to dissect the biology of a cancer-associated, aberrant transcription factor, the ASPSCR1-TFE3 fusion oncoprotein. J Pathol. 2013;229:743-754 pubmed publisher..More generally, this work establishes a combined integrated genomics/functional genomics strategy to dissect the biology of oncogenic, chimeric transcription factors. ..
- Caro A, Cederbaum A. Role of phospholipase A2 activation and calcium in CYP2E1-dependent toxicity in HepG2 cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:33866-77 pubmed
- Schmitt C, Fridman J, Yang M, Lee S, Baranov E, Hoffman R, et al. A senescence program controlled by p53 and p16INK4a contributes to the outcome of cancer therapy. Cell. 2002;109:335-46 pubmed..Therefore, cellular senescence contributes to treatment outcome in vivo. ..
- Mathur M, Samuels H. Role of PSF-TFE3 oncoprotein in the development of papillary renal cell carcinomas. Oncogene. 2007;26:277-83 pubmed..This suggests that the expression of PSF-TFE3 in renal epithelial cells plays an important role in the initiation and maintenance of oncogenic phenotype in papillary RCC. ..
- Foster D. Phosphatidic acid signaling to mTOR: signals for the survival of human cancer cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1791:949-55 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the role of PA in regulating the mTOR-mediated signals that promote cancer cell survival. ..
- Edelstein J, Rockwell P. Okadaic acid induces Akt hyperphosphorylation and an oxidative stress-mediated cell death in serum starved SK-N-SH human neuroblastoma cells that are augmented by rapamycin. Neurosci Lett. 2012;531:74-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the exacerbation of OA-induced events by rapamycin suggests that mTOR and PP2A work in concert to regulate cell survival, activated Akt and the levels of ubiquitinated proteins...
- Dbouk H, Khalil B, Wu H, Shymanets A, Nurnberg B, Backer J. Characterization of a tumor-associated activating mutation of the p110? PI 3-kinase. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63833 pubmed publisher..We propose that the E633K mutant activates p110? by enhancing its basal association with membranes. This study presents the first analysis of an activating oncogenic mutation of p110?. ..
- Ye J, Palm W, Peng M, King B, Lindsten T, Li M, et al. GCN2 sustains mTORC1 suppression upon amino acid deprivation by inducing Sestrin2. Genes Dev. 2015;29:2331-6 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Sestrin2 induction is necessary for cell survival during glutamine deprivation, indicating that Sestrin2 is a critical effector of GCN2 signaling that regulates amino acid homeostasis through mTORC1 suppression. ..
- Zhuge J, Cederbaum A. Depletion of S-adenosyl-l-methionine with cycloleucine potentiates cytochrome P450 2E1 toxicity in primary rat hepatocytes. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2007;466:177-85 pubmed..This is due to elevated ROS production by CYP2E1 coupled to lower levels of hepatoprotective SAM and GSH. We speculate that such interactions e.g. induction of CYP2E1, decline in SAM and GSH may contribute to alcohol liver toxicity. ..
- Tsang S, Chen J, Kjeldbye H, Li W, Simon M, Gouras P, et al. Retarding photoreceptor degeneration in Pdegtm1/Pdegtml mice by an apoptosis suppressor gene. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1997;38:943-50 pubmed..The introduction of an antiapoptotic transgene BCL2 can delay temporarily and partially the degeneration of photoreceptors in a new autosomal-recessive murine model of retinal degeneration. ..
- Takagaki Y, Manley J. Levels of polyadenylation factor CstF-64 control IgM heavy chain mRNA accumulation and other events associated with B cell differentiation. Mol Cell. 1998;2:761-71 pubmed..Further reduction caused reversible cell cycle arrest in G0/G1 phase, while depletion resulted in apoptotic cell death. Our results indicate that CstF-64 plays unexpected roles in regulating gene expression and cell growth in B cells. ..
- Arron J, Vologodskaia M, Wong B, Naramura M, Kim N, Gu H, et al. A positive regulatory role for Cbl family proteins in tumor necrosis factor-related activation-induced cytokine (trance) and CD40L-mediated Akt activation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:30011-7 pubmed..These findings implicate Cbl family proteins as not only negative regulators of signaling but as positive modulators of TNF receptor superfamily signaling as well. ..
- Lin H, She Y, Cassileth B, Sirotnak F, Cunningham Rundles S. Maitake beta-glucan MD-fraction enhances bone marrow colony formation and reduces doxorubicin toxicity in vitro. Int Immunopharmacol. 2004;4:91-9 pubmed..These studies provided the first evidence that MDF acts directly in a dose dependent manner on hematopoietic BMC and enhances BMC growth and differentiation into colony forming cells. ..
- Nikolopoulos S, Blaikie P, Yoshioka T, Guo W, Giancotti F. Integrin beta4 signaling promotes tumor angiogenesis. Cancer Cell. 2004;6:471-83 pubmed..These results provide genetic evidence that alpha6beta4 signaling promotes the onset of the invasive phase of pathological angiogenesis and hence identify a novel target for antiangiogenic therapy. ..
- Baskar R, Balajee A, Geard C. Effects of low and high LET radiations on bystander human lung fibroblast cell survival. Int J Radiat Biol. 2007;83:551-9 pubmed..However, after alpha-irradiation an inverse effect was seen. NO may play an important role in enhancing the growth potential in these bystander cells. ..
- Egawa T, Tillman R, Naoe Y, Taniuchi I, Littman D. The role of the Runx transcription factors in thymocyte differentiation and in homeostasis of naive T cells. J Exp Med. 2007;204:1945-57 pubmed..These results indicate that Runx proteins have important roles at multiple stages of T cell development and in the homeostasis of mature T cells. ..
- Li J, Mombaerts P. Nuclear transfer-mediated rescue of the nuclear genome of nonviable mouse cells frozen without cryoprotectant. Biol Reprod. 2008;79:588-93 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that chromosome stability and genomic integrity can be maintained in mouse somatic cells after freezing without cryoprotection and that NT and ES cell techniques can rescue the genome of these cells. ..
- Cimica V, Smith M, Zhang Z, Mathur D, Mani S, Kalpana G. Potent inhibition of rhabdoid tumor cells by combination of flavopiridol and 4OH-tamoxifen. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:634 pubmed publisher..Our results warrant further studies investigating the combinatorial effects of flavopiridol and 4OH-Tam as a novel therapeutic strategy for RTs and other tumors that have been shown to respond to flavopiridol. ..
- Nandi S, Gokhan S, Dai X, Wei S, Enikolopov G, Lin H, et al. The CSF-1 receptor ligands IL-34 and CSF-1 exhibit distinct developmental brain expression patterns and regulate neural progenitor cell maintenance and maturation. Dev Biol. 2012;367:100-13 pubmed publisher..Thus our results also indicate novel roles for the CSF-1R in the regulation of corticogenesis. ..
- Ling C. Permanent implants using Au-198, Pd-103 and I-125: radiobiological considerations based on the linear quadratic model. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1992;23:81-7 pubmed
- Jackson D, Foster D. The enigmatic protein kinase Cdelta: complex roles in cell proliferation and survival. FASEB J. 2004;18:627-36 pubmed
- Merritt T, Sezgin E, Zhu C, Eanes W. Triglyceride pools, flight and activity variation at the Gpdh locus in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2006;172:293-304 pubmed..These studies show that the molecular polymorphism associated with GPDH activity could be maintained in natural populations by selection in the triglyceride pool. ..
- Cappello S, Monzo P, Vallee R. NudC is required for interkinetic nuclear migration and neuronal migration during neocortical development. Dev Biol. 2011;357:326-35 pubmed publisher..These results identify a novel neuronal migration gene with a specific role in interkinetic nuclear migration, consistent with cytoplasmic dynein regulation. ..
- Braunstein S, Formenti S, Schneider R. Acquisition of stable inducible up-regulation of nuclear factor-kappaB by tumor necrosis factor exposure confers increased radiation resistance without increased transformation in breast cancer cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2008;6:78-88 pubmed publisher..Greater cell survival despite increased genomic injury may permit increased acquisition of malignant genetic alterations as well as resistance to chemoradiation therapy. ..
- Blais J, Chin K, Zito E, Zhang Y, Heldman N, Harding H, et al. A small molecule inhibitor of endoplasmic reticulum oxidation 1 (ERO1) with selectively reversible thiol reactivity. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:20993-1003 pubmed publisher..Together, these observations point to the feasibility of targeting the enzymatic activity of ERO1alpha with small molecule inhibitors. ..
- Seimon T, Obstfeld A, Moore K, Golenbock D, Tabas I. Combinatorial pattern recognition receptor signaling alters the balance of life and death in macrophages. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:19794-9 pubmed..PRR-induced macrophage death may play important roles in advanced atherosclerosis and in other innate immunity-related processes in which the balance between macrophage survival and death is critical. ..
- Li P, AnandhiSenthilkumar H, Wu S, Liu B, Guo Z, Fata J, et al. Comparative UPLC-QTOF-MS-based metabolomics and bioactivities analyses of Garcinia oblongifolia. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016;1011:179-95 pubmed publisher..This UPLC-QTOF-MS strategy can be useful to identify bioactive constituents expressed differentially in the various plant parts of a single species. ..
- Ouaaz F, Arron J, Zheng Y, Choi Y, Beg A. Dendritic cell development and survival require distinct NF-kappaB subunits. Immunity. 2002;16:257-70 pubmed..These results therefore indicate essential, subunit-specific functions for NF-kappaB proteins in regulating DC development, survival, and cytokine production. ..
- Dorn D, Alexenizer M, Hengstler J, Dorn A. Tumor cell specific toxicity of Inula helenium extracts. Phytother Res. 2006;20:970-80 pubmed
- Lee J, Kang N, Kim Y, Samanta A, Feng S, Kim H, et al. Synthesis of a BODIPY library and its application to the development of live cell glucagon imaging probe. J Am Chem Soc. 2009;131:10077-82 pubmed publisher..950). These results demonstrated the potential application of Glucagon Yellow as a glucagon imaging agent in live cells and tissues...
- Gautier E, Jakubzick C, Randolph G. Regulation of the migration and survival of monocyte subsets by chemokine receptors and its relevance to atherosclerosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:1412-8 pubmed publisher..Finally, we discuss how this knowledge may be useful clinically, emphasizing that CX3CR1 may in particular be a viable target for therapeutic manipulation of monocyte-derived cell fate in cardiovascular disease. ..
- Mavrakis K, Wolfe A, Oricchio E, Palomero T, De Keersmaecker K, McJunkin K, et al. Genome-wide RNA-mediated interference screen identifies miR-19 targets in Notch-induced T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:372-9 pubmed publisher..Hence, an unbiased, functional genomics approach reveals a coordinate clampdown on several regulators of phosphatidylinositol-3-OH kinase-related survival signals by the leukaemogenic miR-19. ..
- Yoon S, Shin S, Karreth F, Buel G, Jedrychowski M, Plas D, et al. Focal Adhesion- and IGF1R-Dependent Survival and Migratory Pathways Mediate Tumor Resistance to mTORC1/2 Inhibition. Mol Cell. 2017;67:512-527.e4 pubmed publisher..This resistance mechanism contributes to xenograft tumor cell growth, which is prevented with mTOR plus IGFR inhibitors, supporting this combination as a therapeutic approach for cancers. ..
- Lee C, Smith E, Gimeno R, Gertner R, Levy D. STAT1 affects lymphocyte survival and proliferation partially independent of its role downstream of IFN-gamma. J Immunol. 2000;164:1286-92 pubmed..These results demonstrate an essential role for STAT1 for lymphocyte survival and proliferation that is only partially dependent on IFN-gamma signaling. ..
- Israsena N, Kessler J. Msx2 and p21(CIP1/WAF1) mediate the proapoptotic effects of bone morphogenetic protein-4 on ventricular zone progenitor cells. J Neurosci Res. 2002;69:803-9 pubmed..These observations indicate that msx2 and p21 mediate the proapoptotic effects of BMP4 on VZ progenitor cells and that each gene is necessary but insufficient to promote apoptosis. ..
- Zheng Y, Vig M, Lyons J, Van Parijs L, Beg A. Combined deficiency of p50 and cRel in CD4+ T cells reveals an essential requirement for nuclear factor kappaB in regulating mature T cell survival and in vivo function. J Exp Med. 2003;197:861-74 pubmed..These findings provide the first demonstration of a role for NF-kappaB proteins in regulating T cell function in vivo and establish a critically important function of NF-kappaB in TCR-induced regulation of survival. ..
- Patke A, Mecklenbrauker I, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Tarakhovsky A. BAFF controls B cell metabolic fitness through a PKC beta- and Akt-dependent mechanism. J Exp Med. 2006;203:2551-62 pubmed..We further identify a BAFF-specific protein kinase C beta-Akt signaling axis, which provides a connection between BAFF and generic growth factor-induced cellular responses. ..
- Amengual J, Clark Garvey S, Kalac M, Scotto L, Marchi E, Neylon E, et al. Sirtuin and pan-class I/II deacetylase (DAC) inhibition is synergistic in preclinical models and clinical studies of lymphoma. Blood. 2013;122:2104-13 pubmed publisher..We report herein on the preclinical and clinical activity of this targeted strategy in aggressive lymphomas. This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00691210. ..
- Archambault V, Li C, Tackett A, Wasch R, Chait B, Rout M, et al. Genetic and biochemical evaluation of the importance of Cdc6 in regulating mitotic exit. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:4592-604 pubmed..We conclude, therefore, that although both Cdc6 and Sic1 have the potential to facilitate mitotic exit by inhibiting Clb2-Cdk, mitotic exit nevertheless does not require any identified stoichiometric inhibitor of Cdk activity. ..
- McNaught K, Jnobaptiste R, Jackson T, Jengelley T. The pattern of neuronal loss and survival may reflect differential expression of proteasome activators in Parkinson's disease. Synapse. 2010;64:241-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, the differential distribution and activity of proteasome activations could play a significant role in the pathogenesis of PD. ..
- Wise D, Ward P, Shay J, Cross J, Gruber J, Sachdeva U, et al. Hypoxia promotes isocitrate dehydrogenase-dependent carboxylation of ?-ketoglutarate to citrate to support cell growth and viability. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:19611-6 pubmed publisher..These data support a role for glutamine carboxylation in maintaining citrate synthesis and cell growth under hypoxic conditions. ..
- Guijarro M, Vergel M, Marin J, Muñoz Galvan S, Ferrer I, Ramon Y Cajal S, et al. p38? limits the contribution of MAP17 to cancer progression in breast tumors. Oncogene. 2012;31:4447-59 pubmed publisher..Therefore, MAP17 is overexpressed in late-stage breast tumors, in which oncogenic activity relies on p38 insensitivity to induce intracellular ROS. ..
- Yan S, Shi Y, Zhu A, Fu J, Zhu H, Zhu Y, et al. Role of ERAB/L-3-hydroxyacyl-coenzyme A dehydrogenase type II activity in Abeta-induced cytotoxicity. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:2145-56 pubmed..We conclude that the generalized alcohol dehydrogenase activity of ERAB/HADH II is central to the cytotoxicity observed in an Abeta-rich environment. ..
- Palom Y, Suresh Kumar G, Tang L, Paz M, Musser S, Rockwell S, et al. Relative toxicities of DNA cross-links and monoadducts: new insights from studies of decarbamoyl mitomycin C and mitomycin C. Chem Res Toxicol. 2002;15:1398-406 pubmed..These results also suggest that the differential sensitivity of Fanconi's Anemia cells to MC and DMC is related to factors other than a selective defect in cross-link repair. ..
- Renault A, Sigal Y, Morris A, Lehmann R. Soma-germ line competition for lipid phosphate uptake regulates germ cell migration and survival. Science. 2004;305:1963-6 pubmed..We propose that Drosophila germ cell migration and survival are controlled by competition for hydrolysis of a lipid phosphate between germ cells and soma. ..
- Valdez G, Akmentin W, Philippidou P, Kuruvilla R, Ginty D, Halegoua S. Pincher-mediated macroendocytosis underlies retrograde signaling by neurotrophin receptors. J Neurosci. 2005;25:5236-47 pubmed..Pincher is the first distinguishing molecular component of a novel mechanistic pathway for endosomal signaling in neurons. ..
- Arevalo J, Waite J, Rajagopal R, Beyna M, Chen Z, Lee F, et al. Cell survival through Trk neurotrophin receptors is differentially regulated by ubiquitination. Neuron. 2006;50:549-59 pubmed..Our results indicate that Trk neurotrophin receptors are differentially regulated by ubiquitination to modulate the survival of neurons. ..
- Shin E, Wanna G, Choi B, Aguila D, Ebert O, Genden E, et al. Interleukin-12 expression enhances vesicular stomatitis virus oncolytic therapy in murine squamous cell carcinoma. Laryngoscope. 2007;117:210-4 pubmed..Such combined oncolytic and immunomodulatory strategies hold promise in the treatment of head and neck cancers. ..
- Hopkins B, Fine B, Steinbach N, Dendy M, Rapp Z, Shaw J, et al. A secreted PTEN phosphatase that enters cells to alter signaling and survival. Science. 2013;341:399-402 pubmed publisher..As an exogenous agent, PTEN-Long antagonized PI3K signaling and induced tumor cell death in vitro and in vivo. By providing a means to restore a functional tumor-suppressor protein to tumor cells, PTEN-Long may have therapeutic uses. ..
- Pintucci G, Froum S, Pinnell J, Mignatti P, Rafii S, Green D. Trophic effects of platelets on cultured endothelial cells are mediated by platelet-associated fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF-2) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). Thromb Haemost. 2002;88:834-42 pubmed..Since FGF-2 and VEGF are potent angiogenic factors and known endothelial cell survival factors, their release by platelets provides a plausible mechanism for the platelet support of vascular endothelium. ..
- Schoenfeld A, Apgar S, Dolios G, Wang R, Aaronson S. BRCA2 is ubiquitinated in vivo and interacts with USP11, a deubiquitinating enzyme that exhibits prosurvival function in the cellular response to DNA damage. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:7444-55 pubmed
- Miller N, Jover T, Cohen H, Zukin R, Etgen A. Estrogen can act via estrogen receptor alpha and beta to protect hippocampal neurons against global ischemia-induced cell death. Endocrinology. 2005;146:3070-9 pubmed..These data indicate that estradiol can act via ERalpha and ERbeta to protect CA1 neurons from global ischemia-induced death and that both estradiol and global ischemia modulate ERalpha expression in hippocampal CA1. ..
- O Connor O, Smith E, Toner L, Teruya Feldstein J, Frankel S, Rolfe M, et al. The combination of the proteasome inhibitor bortezomib and the bcl-2 antisense molecule oblimersen sensitizes human B-cell lymphomas to cyclophosphamide. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:2902-11 pubmed..This combination may offer new opportunities for integrating novel targeted therapies with conventional chemotherapy. ..
- Masckauchan T, Agalliu D, Vorontchikhina M, Ahn A, Parmalee N, Li C, et al. Wnt5a signaling induces proliferation and survival of endothelial cells in vitro and expression of MMP-1 and Tie-2. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:5163-72 pubmed..Thus, Wnt5a acts through noncanonical Wnt signaling to promote angiogenesis. ..
- Davalos M, Konno S, Eshghi M, Choudhury M. Oxidative renal cell injury induced by calcium oxalate crystal and renoprotection with antioxidants: a possible role of oxidative stress in nephrolithiasis. J Endourol. 2010;24:339-45 pubmed publisher..However, NAC effectively averted such severe cytotoxic effects, sustaining the renal cell integrity. Thus, NAC may provide full renoprotection against COM assault, preventing renal cell injury and ultimate stone formation. ..
- Jian J, Yang Q, Huang X. Src regulates Tyr(20) phosphorylation of transferrin receptor-1 and potentiates breast cancer cell survival. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:35708-15 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that, albeit its iron uptake function, TfR1 is a signaling molecule and tyrosine phosphorylation at position 20 by Src enhances anti-apoptosis and potentiates breast cancer cell survival. ..
- Buchner M, Park E, Geng H, Klemm L, Flach J, PasseguÃ© E, et al. Identification of FOXM1 as a therapeutic target in B-cell lineage acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6471 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data identify FOXM1 as a novel therapeutic target, and demonstrate feasibility of FOXM1 inhibition in ALL. ..
- Del Vecchio R, Tonks N. The conserved immunoglobulin domain controls the subcellular localization of the homophilic adhesion receptor protein-tyrosine phosphatase mu. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:1603-12 pubmed..This study therefore illustrates the critical role of the immunoglobulin domain in regulation of the localization of PTPmu and the importance of such control for the maintenance of normal cell physiology. ..
- Haro K, Scott A, Scheinberg D. Mechanisms of resistance to high and low linear energy transfer radiation in myeloid leukemia cells. Blood. 2012;120:2087-97 pubmed publisher..The more potent cytotoxicity of ?-particles warrants their continued investigation as therapies for leukemia and other cancers. ..
- Boutzen H, Saland E, Larrue C, De Toni F, Gales L, Castelli F, et al. Isocitrate dehydrogenase 1 mutations prime the all-trans retinoic acid myeloid differentiation pathway in acute myeloid leukemia. J Exp Med. 2016;213:483-97 pubmed publisher..This therapeutic strategy holds promise for this AML patient subgroup in future clinical studies. ..
- Agashe C, Chiang D, Grishin A, Masilamani M, Jones S, Wood R, et al. Impact of granulocyte contamination on PBMC integrity of shipped blood samples: Implications for multi-center studies monitoring regulatory T cells. J Immunol Methods. 2017;449:23-27 pubmed publisher..Routine incorporation of a granulocyte depletion step during PBMC isolation is recommended prior to downstream immune monitoring in blood with next-day processing. ..
- Komatsu K, Miller R, Hall E. The oncogenic potential of a combination of hyperthermia and chemotherapy agents. Br J Cancer. 1988;57:59-63 pubmed..The modulating effects of heat on drug-induced transformation incidence appeared to be independent of whether application of heat and drug was concurrent or sequential. ..
- Sun J, Marx S, Chen H, Poon M, Marks A, Rabbani L. Role for p27(Kip1) in Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell Migration. Circulation. 2001;103:2967-72 pubmed..05) but not p27(Kip1)(-/-) animals. Lack of p27(Kip1) reduces rapamycin-mediated inhibition of SMC migration. These novel findings suggest a role for p27(Kip1) in the signaling pathway(s) that regulates SMC migration. ..
- Chuang J, Zhou H, Zhu M, Li S, Li X, Sung C. Characterization of a brain-enriched chaperone, MRJ, that inhibits Huntingtin aggregation and toxicity independently. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:19831-8 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest that MRJ has a relevant functional role in neurons. ..
- Randolph G, Sanchez Schmitz G, Liebman R, Schakel K. The CD16(+) (FcgammaRIII(+)) subset of human monocytes preferentially becomes migratory dendritic cells in a model tissue setting. J Exp Med. 2002;196:517-27 pubmed..We propose that CD16(+) monocytes may contribute significantly to precursors for DCs that transiently survey tissues and migrate to lymph nodes via afferent lymphatic vessels. ..
- Starr C, Kappler J, Chan D, Kollmar R, Hudspeth A. Mutation of the zebrafish choroideremia gene encoding Rab escort protein 1 devastates hair cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:2572-7 pubmed..The degenerative phenotype resulting from a null mutation in the zebrafish gene indicates that hair cells and retinal cells require Rab escort protein 1 for survival. ..
- Vilenchik M, Solit D, Basso A, Huezo H, Lucas B, He H, et al. Targeting wide-range oncogenic transformation via PU24FCl, a specific inhibitor of tumor Hsp90. Chem Biol. 2004;11:787-97 pubmed..Concentrations achieved in vivo in tumors lead to single-agent anti-tumor activity at non-toxic doses. ..
- Cristofanilli M, Mizuno F, Akopian A. Disruption of actin cytoskeleton causes internalization of Ca(v)1.3 (alpha 1D) L-type calcium channels in salamander retinal neurons. Mol Vis. 2007;13:1496-507 pubmed..3 L-type Ca2+ channels in salamander retinal neurons. Ca2+-dependent actin depolymerization may serve as a negative feedback mechanism to reduce excessive Ca2+ influx and thereby protect neurons against glutamate-induced excitotoxicity. ..
- Herrera R, Oved J, Reiss C. Disruption of IFN-gamma- mediated antiviral activity in neurons: the role of cannabinoids. Viral Immunol. 2008;21:141-52 pubmed publisher..Therefore, activation of cells expressing CB(1) by endogenous (or exogenous) ligands may contribute to decreased inflammation and to increased viral replication in neurons and disease in the CNS. ..
- Schwartz M, Liu H, Hwang D, Kawamoto H, Scherr D. Antitumor effects of an imidazoquinoline in renal cell carcinoma. Urology. 2009;73:1156-62 pubmed publisher..Preliminary data from a mouse model of metastatic RCC also suggest antitumor effects and induction of apoptosis in vivo. ..
- Pilones K, Kawashima N, Yang A, Babb J, Formenti S, Demaria S. Invariant natural killer T cells regulate breast cancer response to radiation and CTLA-4 blockade. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:597-606 pubmed publisher..Tumor-infiltrating iNKT cells were markedly reduced in wild-type mice treated with radiotherapy plus 9H10. iNKT cells play a major role in regulating the response to treatment with local radiotherapy and CTLA-4 blockade. ..
- Tosi J, Davis R, Wang N, Naumann M, Lin C, Tsang S. shRNA knockdown of guanylate cyclase 2e or cyclic nucleotide gated channel alpha 1 increases photoreceptor survival in a cGMP phosphodiesterase mouse model of retinitis pigmentosa. J Cell Mol Med. 2011;15:1778-87 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that effective knockdown of?GUCY2E?and?CNGA1?expression to counteract loss of PDE6 function may develop into a valuable approach for treating some patients with RP. ..
- Wu X, Xu K, Zhang L, Deng Y, Lee P, Shapiro E, et al. Differentiation of the ductal epithelium and smooth muscle in the prostate gland are regulated by the Notch/PTEN-dependent mechanism. Dev Biol. 2011;356:337-49 pubmed publisher..In addition, we found that both positive and negative modulation of Notch signaling results in abnormal organization of the prostate tissue, and can contribute to prostate disease in the adult organ. ..
- Dudakov J, Hanash A, Jenq R, Young L, Ghosh A, Singer N, et al. Interleukin-22 drives endogenous thymic regeneration in mice. Science. 2012;336:91-5 pubmed publisher..Administration of IL-22 enhanced thymic recovery after total body irradiation. These studies reveal mechanisms of endogenous thymic repair and offer innovative regenerative strategies for improving immune competence. ..
- Suvorova I, Grigorash B, Chuykin I, Pospelova T, Pospelov V. G1 checkpoint is compromised in mouse ESCs due to functional uncoupling of p53-p21Waf1 signaling. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:52-63 pubmed publisher..Thus, the lack of functional p21/Waf1 is indispensable for maintaining self-renewal and pluripotency of mESCs. ..
- Daniloski Z, Smith S. Loss of Tumor Suppressor STAG2 Promotes Telomere Recombination and Extends the Replicative Lifespan of Normal Human Cells. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5530-5542 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(20); 5530-42. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Oh H, Grinberg Bleyer Y, Liao W, Maloney D, Wang P, Wu Z, et al. An NF-?B Transcription-Factor-Dependent Lineage-Specific Transcriptional Program Promotes Regulatory T Cell Identity and Function. Immunity. 2017;47:450-465.e5 pubmed publisher..These dual roles of canonical NF-?B in Tconv and Treg cells highlight the functional plasticity of the NF-?B signaling pathway and underscores the need for more selective strategies to therapeutically target NF-?B. ..
- Koehne G, Doubrovin M, Doubrovina E, Zanzonico P, Gallardo H, Ivanova A, et al. Serial in vivo imaging of the targeted migration of human HSV-TK-transduced antigen-specific lymphocytes. Nat Biotechnol. 2003;21:405-13 pubmed..This technique for imaging the migration of ex vivo-transduced antigen-specific T cells in vivo is informative, nontoxic, and potentially applicable to humans. ..
- Mecklenbrauker I, Kalled S, Leitges M, Mackay F, Tarakhovsky A. Regulation of B-cell survival by BAFF-dependent PKCdelta-mediated nuclear signalling. Nature. 2004;431:456-61 pubmed..Our data suggest the existence of a previously unknown BAFF-induced and PKCdelta-mediated nuclear signalling pathway which regulates B-cell survival. ..
- Pearse R, Swendeman S, Li Y, Rafii D, Hempstead B. A neurotrophin axis in myeloma: TrkB and BDNF promote tumor-cell survival. Blood. 2005;105:4429-36 pubmed..Finally, BDNF is expressed by malignant plasma cells isolated from a subset of patients with MM, as well as by most HMCLs, suggesting a potential role for this neurotrophin axis in autocrine as well as paracrine support of MM. ..
- Hsiung S, Tamir H, Franke T, Liu K. Roles of extracellular signal-regulated kinase and Akt signaling in coordinating nuclear transcription factor-kappaB-dependent cell survival after serotonin 1A receptor activation. J Neurochem. 2005;95:1653-66 pubmed
- Larsen K, Benn S, Ay I, Chian R, Celia S, Remington M, et al. A glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF):tetanus toxin fragment C protein conjugate improves delivery of GDNF to spinal cord motor neurons in mice. Brain Res. 2006;1120:1-12 pubmed..These results indicate that TTC can serve as a non-viral vehicle to substantially improve the delivery of functionally active growth factors to motor neurons in the mammalian CNS. ..