Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell proliferation in Texas, United States
Locale: Texas, United States
Topic: cell proliferation
- Kim J, Hwangbo J, Wong P. p38 MAPK-Mediated Bmi-1 down-regulation and defective proliferation in ATM-deficient neural stem cells can be restored by Akt activation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16615 pubmed publisher..Our observations demonstrate the molecular basis underlying the impairment of self-renewal and proliferation in Atm(-/-) NSCs through the p38 MAPK-Akt-Bmi-1-p21 signaling pathway. ..
- Meng F, Henson R, Lang M, Wehbe H, Maheshwari S, Mendell J, et al. Involvement of human micro-RNA in growth and response to chemotherapy in human cholangiocarcinoma cell lines. Gastroenterology. 2006;130:2113-29 pubmed..Alterations in miRNA expression contribute to tumor growth and response to chemotherapy. Aberrantly expressed miRNA or their targets will provide mechanistic insight and therapeutic targets for cholangiocarcinoma. ..
- Peng H, Wang X, Barnes P, Tang H, Townsend J, Samten B. The Mycobacterium tuberculosis early secreted antigenic target of 6 kDa inhibits T cell interferon-? production through the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:24508-18 pubmed publisher..Silencing of p38? MAPK with siRNA rendered T cells resistant to ESAT-6 inhibition of IFN-? production. Taken together, our results demonstrate that ESAT-6 inhibits T cell IFN-? production in a p38 MAPK-dependent manner...
- Tian J, Berton T, Shirley S, Lambertz I, Gimenez Conti I, DiGiovanni J, et al. Developmental stage determines estrogen receptor alpha expression and non-genomic mechanisms that control IGF-1 signaling and mammary proliferation in mice. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:192-204 pubmed publisher..As ER? levels are elevated during the prepubertal and postmenopausal stages, these may represent windows of susceptibility during which increased IGF-1 exposure maximally enhances breast cancer risk. ..
- Natesan S, Zamora D, Wrice N, Baer D, Christy R. Bilayer hydrogel with autologous stem cells derived from debrided human burn skin for improved skin regeneration. J Burn Care Res. 2013;34:18-30 pubmed publisher..Preliminary in vivo studies indicate that dsASC-bilayer hydrogels contribute significantly to wound healing and provide support for their use as a vascularized dermal substitute for skin regeneration to treat large surface area burns. ..
- Choi B, Fan X, Deng H, Zhang N, An Z. ERBB3 (HER3) is a key sensor in the regulation of ERBB-mediated signaling in both low and high ERBB2 (HER2) expressing cancer cells. Cancer Med. 2012;1:28-38 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that equilibrium of dimerization among the ERBB proteins can be perturbed by HER2Mab and HER3 plays a key role in sensing the perturbation. ..
- Hao Q, McKenzie R, Gan H, Tang H. Protein kinases D2 and D3 are novel growth regulators in HCC1806 triple-negative breast cancer cells. Anticancer Res. 2013;33:393-9 pubmed..Targeting PKD instead of all PKCs effectively inhibited cell proliferation in a number of breast cancer cell lines. ..
- Wu N, Meng F, Zhou T, Han Y, Kennedy L, Venter J, et al. Prolonged darkness reduces liver fibrosis in a mouse model of primary sclerosing cholangitis by miR-200b down-regulation. FASEB J. 2017;31:4305-4324 pubmed publisher..Onori, P., Invernizzi, P., Bernuzzi, F., Mancinelli, R., Gaudio, E., Franchitto, A., Glaser, S., Alpini G. Prolonged darkness reduces liver fibrosis in a mouse model of primary sclerosing cholangitis by miR-200b down-regulation. ..
- Pusapati R, Weaks R, Rounbehler R, McArthur M, Johnson D. E2F2 suppresses Myc-induced proliferation and tumorigenesis. Mol Carcinog. 2010;49:152-6 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that E2F2 can function as a tumor suppressor in epithelial tissues, perhaps by limiting proliferation in response to Myc. ..
- Paulson Q, McArthur M, Johnson D. E2F3a stimulates proliferation, p53-independent apoptosis and carcinogenesis in a transgenic mouse model. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:184-90 pubmed..The phenotype of K5 E2F3a transgenic mice is distinct from similar transgenic mice expressing E2F1 or E2F4. In particular, E2F3a has a unique apoptotic activity and lacks the tumor suppressive property of E2F1 in this model system. ..
- Glaser S, Francis H, Demorrow S, Lesage G, Fava G, Marzioni M, et al. Heterogeneity of the intrahepatic biliary epithelium. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:3523-36 pubmed..Future studies related to the functional heterogeneity of the intrahepatic biliary epithelium may disclose new pathophysiological treatments for patients with cholangiopathies. ..
- Bhatia B, Jiang M, Suraneni M, Patrawala L, Badeaux M, Schneider Broussard R, et al. Critical and distinct roles of p16 and telomerase in regulating the proliferative life span of normal human prostate epithelial progenitor cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:27957-72 pubmed publisher..Our studies shed important light on the molecular mechanisms regulating the proliferative life span of NHP progenitor cells. ..
- Moore T, Carbajal S, Beltran L, Perkins S, Yakar S, LeRoith D, et al. Reduced susceptibility to two-stage skin carcinogenesis in mice with low circulating insulin-like growth factor I levels. Cancer Res. 2008;68:3680-8 pubmed publisher..The current data also suggest that reduced circulating IGF-I levels which occur as a result of calorie restriction may lead to the inhibition of skin tumorigenesis, at least in part, by a similar mechanism. ..
- Das S, Roth C, Wasson L, Vishwanatha J. Signal transducer and activator of transcription-6 (STAT6) is a constitutively expressed survival factor in human prostate cancer. Prostate. 2007;67:1550-64 pubmed..Our data suggest that STAT6 is a survival factor in prostate cancer and regulates the genetic transcriptional program that is responsible for prostate cancer progression. ..
- Surh I, RUNDHAUG J, Pavone A, Mikulec C, Abel E, Fischer S. Upregulation of the EP1 receptor for prostaglandin E2 promotes skin tumor progression. Mol Carcinog. 2011;50:458-68 pubmed publisher..EP1 mice did not change after TPA treatment; PGE(2) levels were likewise affected. These data indicate that EP1 is more important in tumor progression than in tumor promotion and that it indirectly regulates COX-2 expression. ..
- Kyritsi K, Meng F, Zhou T, Wu N, Venter J, Francis H, et al. Knockdown of Hepatic Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone by Vivo-Morpholino Decreases Liver Fibrosis in Multidrug Resistance Gene 2 Knockout Mice by Down-Regulation of miR-200b. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:1551-1565 pubmed publisher..Targeting the GnRH/GnRHR1/miR-200b axis may be key for the management of hepatic fibrosis during the progression of PSC. ..
- Gandhi M, Goode B, Chan C. Four novel suppressors of gic1 gic2 and their roles in cytokinesis and polarized cell growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2006;174:665-78 pubmed..Our analysis of the second pair of gic1 gic2 suppressors, VHS2 and MLF3, suggests that they regulate polarization of the actin cytoskeleton and cell growth and function in a pathway distinct from and parallel to GIC1 and GIC2. ..
- Hooda J, Cadinu D, Alam M, Shah A, Cao T, Sullivan L, et al. Enhanced heme function and mitochondrial respiration promote the progression of lung cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63402 pubmed publisher..The results show that inhibiting heme and respiratory function can effectively arrest the progression of lung cancer cells. Hence, understanding heme function can positively impact on research in lung cancer biology and therapeutics. ..
- Keshava S, Sahoo S, Tucker T, Idell S, Rao L, Pendurthi U. Endothelial cell protein C receptor opposes mesothelioma growth driven by tissue factor. Cancer Res. 2013;73:3963-73 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results enlighten the mechanism by which tissue factor promotes tumor growth through PAR1, and they show how EPCR can attenuate the growth of tissue factor-expressing tumor cells...
- Meng F, Henson R, Wehbe Janek H, Ghoshal K, Jacob S, Patel T. MicroRNA-21 regulates expression of the PTEN tumor suppressor gene in human hepatocellular cancer. Gastroenterology. 2007;133:647-58 pubmed
- Mancinelli R, Onori P, Gaudio E, Demorrow S, Franchitto A, Francis H, et al. Follicle-stimulating hormone increases cholangiocyte proliferation by an autocrine mechanism via cAMP-dependent phosphorylation of ERK1/2 and Elk-1. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;297:G11-26 pubmed publisher..Silencing of FSH gene decreases cholangiocyte proliferation and ERK1/2 and Elk-1 phosphorylation. Modulation of cholangiocyte FSH expression may be important for the management of cholangiopathies. ..
- Li J, Peng J, Risinger A, Mooberry S. Hydrolysis reactions of the taccalonolides reveal structure-activity relationships. J Nat Prod. 2013;76:1369-75 pubmed publisher..Biological assays were performed on each of the purified taccalonolides, which allowed for increased refinement of the structure-activity relationship of this class of compounds. ..
- Sathyan P, Golden H, Miranda R. Competing interactions between micro-RNAs determine neural progenitor survival and proliferation after ethanol exposure: evidence from an ex vivo model of the fetal cerebral cortical neuroepithelium. J Neurosci. 2007;27:8546-57 pubmed