Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell proliferation in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Topic: cell proliferation
Publications773 found, 100 shown here
- Zhang X, Barile G, Chang S, Hays A, Pachydaki S, Schiff W, et al. Apoptosis and cell proliferation in proliferative retinal disorders: PCNA, Ki-67, caspase-3, and PARP expression. Curr Eye Res. 2005;30:395-403 pubmed..Inhibition of proliferative regulators such as PCNA and/or activation of apoptotic executors such as caspase-3 may serve as therapeutic targets to halt progression of proliferative retinal disorders. ..
- Maeda T, Ito K, Merghoub T, Poliseno L, Hobbs R, Wang G, et al. LRF is an essential downstream target of GATA1 in erythroid development and regulates BIM-dependent apoptosis. Dev Cell. 2009;17:527-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data define a key transcriptional cascade for effective erythropoiesis, whereby GATA-1 suppresses BIM-mediated apoptosis via LRF. ..
- Xu D, Yao Y, Lu L, Costa M, Dai W. Plk3 functions as an essential component of the hypoxia regulatory pathway by direct phosphorylation of HIF-1alpha. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:38944-50 pubmed publisher..Combined, our study identifies Plk3 as a new and essential player in the regulation of the hypoxia signaling pathway. ..
- Fu L, Wang G, Shevchuk M, Nanus D, Gudas L. Activation of HIF2? in kidney proximal tubule cells causes abnormal glycogen deposition but not tumorigenesis. Cancer Res. 2013;73:2916-25 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a constitutively active HIF2? is not sufficient to cause neoplastic transformation of proximal tubules, arguing against the idea that HIF2? activation is critical for ccRCC tumorigenesis. ..
- Martens T, See F, Schuster M, Sondermeijer H, Hefti M, Zannettino A, et al. Mesenchymal lineage precursor cells induce vascular network formation in ischemic myocardium. Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med. 2006;3 Suppl 1:S18-22 pubmed..Intramyocardial injection of human STRO-1-selected precursors in an athymic rat model of acute myocardial infarction results in induction of vascular network formation and arteriogenesis coupled with global functional cardiac recovery. ..
- Yan A, Avraham T, Zampell J, Haviv Y, Weitman E, Mehrara B. Adipose-derived stem cells promote lymphangiogenesis in response to VEGF-C stimulation or TGF-?1 inhibition. Future Oncol. 2011;7:1457-73 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, stimulation of ASCs with VEGF-C markedly increases cellular proliferation and cellular survival after in vivo implantation and stimulated cells express podoplanin, a lymphangiogenic cell marker. ..
- Wang Z, Bildin V, Yang H, Capó Aponte J, Yang Y, Reinach P. Dependence of corneal epithelial cell proliferation on modulation of interactions between ERK1/2 and NKCC1. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2011;28:703-14 pubmed publisher..This response is modulated by changes in DUSP1- and DUSP6-mediated negative feedback control of ERK1/2-induced NKCC1 phosphorylation. ..
- Mazan Mamczarz K, Zhao X, Dai B, Steinhardt J, Peroutka R, Berk K, et al. Down-regulation of eIF4GII by miR-520c-3p represses diffuse large B cell lymphoma development. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004105 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that the tumor suppressor effect of miR-520c-3p is mediated through repression of translation while inducing senescence and that eIF4GII is a key effector of this anti-tumor activity. ..
- Zumsteg Z, Morse N, Krigsfeld G, Gupta G, Higginson D, Lee N, et al. Taselisib (GDC-0032), a Potent β-Sparing Small Molecule Inhibitor of PI3K, Radiosensitizes Head and Neck Squamous Carcinomas Containing Activating PIK3CA Alterations. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:2009-19 pubmed publisher..Further, combined GDC-0032 and radiotherapy was more efficacious than either treatment alone inPIK3CA-altered HNSCCin vitroandin vivo This strategy warrants further clinical investigation. ..
- Lin F, Morrison J, Wu W, Worman H. MAN1, an integral protein of the inner nuclear membrane, binds Smad2 and Smad3 and antagonizes transforming growth factor-beta signaling. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:437-45 pubmed..These results show that the nuclear envelope regulates a signal transduction pathway and have implications for how mutations in nuclear envelope proteins cause different human diseases. ..
- Asija A, Peterson S, Stec D, Abraham N. Targeting endothelial cells with heme oxygenase-1 gene using VE-cadherin promoter attenuates hyperglycemia-mediated cell injury and apoptosis. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2007;9:2065-74 pubmed..These results demonstrate that endothelial cell survival after oxidative stress injury may be enhanced by targeting HO-1 expression, thus blocking inflammation, apoptosis, and thereby attenuating cardiovascular risk factors. ..
- Thomas N, Koudijs M, van Eeden F, Joyner A, Yelon D. Hedgehog signaling plays a cell-autonomous role in maximizing cardiac developmental potential. Development. 2008;135:3789-99 pubmed publisher..Thus, Hh signaling plays an essential early role in defining the optimal number of cardiomyocytes, making it an attractive target for manipulation of multipotent progenitor cells. ..
- Koganti S, de la Paz A, Freeman A, Bhaduri McIntosh S. B lymphocytes from patients with a hypomorphic mutation in STAT3 resist Epstein-Barr virus-driven cell proliferation. J Virol. 2014;88:516-24 pubmed publisher..These findings simultaneously reveal how EBV manipulates host STAT3 even before expression of viral oncogenes to facilitate cell survival and proliferation, processes fundamental to EBV lymphomagenesis. ..
- Ruiz de Sabando A, Wang C, He Y, GarcÃa Barros M, Kim J, Shroyer K, et al. ML264, A Novel Small-Molecule Compound That Potently Inhibits Growth of Colorectal Cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2016;15:72-83 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that ML264, or an analogue, may hold a promise as a novel therapeutic agent to curb the development and progression of colorectal cancer. ..
- Deckelbaum R, Majithia A, Booker T, Henderson J, Loomis C. The homeoprotein engrailed 1 has pleiotropic functions in calvarial intramembranous bone formation and remodeling. Development. 2006;133:63-74 pubmed..In summary, this study identifies EN1 as a novel modulator of calvarial osteoblast differentiation and proliferation, processes that must be exquisitely balanced to ensure proper skull vault formation. ..
- Barisoni L, Nelson P. Collapsing glomerulopathy: an inflammatory podocytopathy?. Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens. 2007;16:192-5 pubmed..This may manifest as collapsing glomerulopathy or crescentic glomerulonephritis--lesions that appear to be anatomically and pathogenically linked. ..
- Wu Y, Okada T, Decarolis P, Socci N, O Connor R, Geha R, et al. Restoration of C/EBPα in dedifferentiated liposarcoma induces G2/M cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2012;51:313-27 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that loss of C/EBPα is an important factor in suppressing apoptosis and maintaining the dedifferentiated state in DDLS. Restoring C/EBPα may be a useful therapeutic approach for DDLS. ..
- Callahan M, Rampal R, Harding J, Klimek V, Chung Y, Merghoub T, et al. Progression of RAS-mutant leukemia during RAF inhibitor treatment. N Engl J Med. 2012;367:2316-21 pubmed publisher..Exposure to vemurafenib induced hyperactivation of ERK signaling and proliferation of the leukemic cell population, an effect that was reversed on drug withdrawal. ..
- Zhong H, Yazdanbakhsh K. Differential control of Helios(+/-) Treg development by monocyte subsets through disparate inflammatory cytokines. Blood. 2013;121:2494-502 pubmed publisher..These data may have important implications for understanding the pathogenesis as well as control of chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. ..
- Bommert P, Nagasawa N, Jackson D. Quantitative variation in maize kernel row number is controlled by the FASCIATED EAR2 locus. Nat Genet. 2013;45:334-7 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that modulation of fundamental stem cell proliferation control pathways has the potential to enhance crop yields...
- Dutta D, Zameer A, Mariani J, Zhang J, Asp L, Huynh J, et al. Combinatorial actions of Tgf? and Activin ligands promote oligodendrocyte development and CNS myelination. Development. 2014;141:2414-28 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggest that, in mammalian spinal cord, Tgf? ligands and ActB together support oligodendrocyte development and myelin formation. ..
- Kojic M, Zhou Q, Lisby M, Holloman W. Brh2-Dss1 interplay enables properly controlled recombination in Ustilago maydis. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:2547-57 pubmed..The results provide evidence for a mechanism in which Dss1 activates a Brh2-Rad51 complex and balances a finely regulated recombinational repair system...
- Grisotto M, Garin A, Martin A, Jensen K, Chan P, Sealfon S, et al. The human herpesvirus 8 chemokine receptor vGPCR triggers autonomous proliferation of endothelial cells. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:1264-73 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that vGPCR triggers angioproliferation directly and suggest a novel role for this molecule in the pathogenesis of Kaposi sarcoma. ..
- Ardelt B, Ardelt W, Pozarowski P, Kunicki J, Shogen K, Darzynkiewicz Z. Cytostatic and cytotoxic properties of Amphinase: a novel cytotoxic ribonuclease from Rana pipiens oocytes. Cell Cycle. 2007;6:3097-102 pubmed..The observed cytostatic and cytotoxic activity of Amph against tumor cell lines suggests that similar to Onc this cytotoxic ribonuclease may have antitumor activity and find an application in clinical oncology...
- Bath K, Mandairon N, Jing D, Rajagopal R, Kapoor R, Chen Z, et al. Variant brain-derived neurotrophic factor (Val66Met) alters adult olfactory bulb neurogenesis and spontaneous olfactory discrimination. J Neurosci. 2008;28:2383-93 pubmed publisher..Through these observations, we have identified novel links between genetic variant BDNF and adult neurogenesis in vivo, which may contribute to significant impairments in olfactory function. ..
- Dhodapkar K, Barbuto S, Matthews P, Kukreja A, Mazumder A, Vesole D, et al. Dendritic cells mediate the induction of polyfunctional human IL17-producing cells (Th17-1 cells) enriched in the bone marrow of patients with myeloma. Blood. 2008;112:2878-85 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate the capacity of DCs to induce expansion of polyfunctional IL17-producing T cells in humans, and suggest a role for DCs in the enrichment of Th17-1 cells in the tumor bed. ..
- Hong F, Tuyama A, Lee T, Loke J, Agarwal R, Cheng X, et al. Hepatic stellate cells express functional CXCR4: role in stromal cell-derived factor-1alpha-mediated stellate cell activation. Hepatology. 2009;49:2055-67 pubmed publisher..The availability of small molecule inhibitors of CXCR4 make this receptor an appealing target for antifibrotic approaches. ..
- Mills J, Matos T, Charytonowicz E, Hricik T, Castillo Martin M, Remotti F, et al. Characterization and comparison of the properties of sarcoma cell lines in vitro and in vivo. Hum Cell. 2009;22:85-93 pubmed publisher..Integration of functional genomics or other more sophisticated assays of cell lines may help bridge the differences in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Beronja S, Livshits G, Williams S, Fuchs E. Rapid functional dissection of genetic networks via tissue-specific transduction and RNAi in mouse embryos. Nat Med. 2010;16:821-7 pubmed publisher..Our study illustrates the strategy and its broad applicability for investigations of tissue morphogenesis, lineage specification and cancers. ..
- Schvartzman J, Duijf P, Sotillo R, Coker C, Benezra R. Mad2 is a critical mediator of the chromosome instability observed upon Rb and p53 pathway inhibition. Cancer Cell. 2011;19:701-14 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Mad2 overexpression is a critical mediator of the CIN observed upon inactivation of two major tumor suppressor pathways. ..
- Crequer A, Picard C, Patin E, D Amico A, Abhyankar A, Munzer M, et al. Inherited MST1 deficiency underlies susceptibility to EV-HPV infections. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44010 pubmed publisher..Together with the recent discovery of RHOH deficiency, they suggest that T cells are involved in the control of EV-HPVs, at least in some individuals. ..
- Donato V, Bonora M, Simoneschi D, Sartini D, Kudo Y, Saraf A, et al. The TDH-GCN5L1-Fbxo15-KBP axis limits mitochondrial biogenesis in mouse embryonic stem cells. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:341-351 pubmed publisher..Thus, KBP proteolysis limits the accumulation of mitochondria in mESCs to preserve their optimal fitness, whereas KBP accumulation promotes mitochondrial biogenesis in differentiating cells. ..
- Alonso L, Okada H, Pasolli H, Wakeham A, You Ten A, Mak T, et al. Sgk3 links growth factor signaling to maintenance of progenitor cells in the hair follicle. J Cell Biol. 2005;170:559-70 pubmed..Our results reveal a novel and important function for Sgk3 in controlling life and death in the hair follicle. ..
- Bachleitner Hofmann T, Sun M, Chen C, Liska D, Zeng Z, Viale A, et al. Antitumor activity of SNX-2112, a synthetic heat shock protein-90 inhibitor, in MET-amplified tumor cells with or without resistance to selective MET Inhibition. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:122-33 pubmed publisher..Our study provides evidence for the efficacy of HSP-90 inhibition in MET-amplified cancer cells, particularly when MET kinase inhibitor resistance has emerged. ..
- Kebschull M, Demmer R, Grun B, Guarnieri P, Pavlidis P, Papapanou P. Gingival tissue transcriptomes identify distinct periodontitis phenotypes. J Dent Res. 2014;93:459-68 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that distinct gene expression signatures in pathologic gingival tissues translate into phenotypic differences and can provide a basis for a novel classification. ..
- Ruiz de Galarreta M, Lujambio A. DNA sensing in senescence. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:1008-1009 pubmed publisher..The innate cGAS-STING DNA-sensing pathway is now shown to regulate senescence by recognizing cytosolic DNA and inducing SASP factors, uncovering an unexpected link between these two previously unrelated pathways...
- Pyo R, Sato Y, Mackman N, Taubman M. Mice deficient in tissue factor demonstrate attenuated intimal hyperplasia in response to vascular injury and decreased smooth muscle cell migration. Thromb Haemost. 2004;92:451-8 pubmed..These data suggest that TF may mediate intimal hyperplasia by regulating smooth muscle cell migration. ..
- Crickmore M, Mann R. Hox control of organ size by regulation of morphogen production and mobility. Science. 2006;313:63-8 pubmed..Because morphogens control tissue growth in many contexts, these findings provide a potentially general mechanism for how selector genes modify organ sizes. ..
- Prieto Echagüe V, Gucwa A, Craddock B, Brown D, Miller W. Cancer-associated mutations activate the nonreceptor tyrosine kinase Ack1. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:10605-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, the cancer-associated mutation E346K appears to destabilize an autoinhibited conformation of Ack1, leading to constitutively high Ack1 activity. ..
- Encinas J, Hamani C, Lozano A, Enikolopov G. Neurogenic hippocampal targets of deep brain stimulation. J Comp Neurol. 2011;519:6-20 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that hippocampal neurogenesis may be used as a sensitive indicator of the limbic circuitry activation induced by DBS. ..
- Ezhkova E, Lien W, Stokes N, Pasolli H, Silva J, Fuchs E. EZH1 and EZH2 cogovern histone H3K27 trimethylation and are essential for hair follicle homeostasis and wound repair. Genes Dev. 2011;25:485-98 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal new insights into Polycomb-dependent tissue control, and provide a new twist to how different progenitors within one tissue respond to loss of H3K27me3. ..
- BÃ©guelin W, Popovic R, Teater M, Jiang Y, Bunting K, Rosén M, et al. EZH2 is required for germinal center formation and somatic EZH2 mutations promote lymphoid transformation. Cancer Cell. 2013;23:677-92 pubmed publisher..GC B cell (GCB)-type diffuse large B cell lymphomas (DLBCLs) are mostly addicted to EZH2 but not the more differentiated activated B cell (ABC)-type DLBCLs, thus clarifying the therapeutic scope of EZH2 targeting. ..
- Daley D, Mani V, Mohan N, Akkad N, Pandian G, Savadkar S, et al. NLRP3 signaling drives macrophage-induced adaptive immune suppression in pancreatic carcinoma. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1711-1724 pubmed publisher..Similarly, transfer of PDA-entrained macrophages or T cells from NLRP3-/- hosts was protective. These data suggest that targeting NLRP3 holds the promise for the immunotherapy of PDA. ..
- Wen G, Calaf G, Partridge M, Echiburu Chau C, Zhao Y, Huang S, et al. Neoplastic transformation of human small airway epithelial cells induced by arsenic. Mol Med. 2008;14:2-10 pubmed..Taken together, these results strongly suggest that h-TERT immortalized human small airway epithelial cells underwent step-wise transformation after inorganic arsenic treatment...
- Firth L, Baker N. Extracellular signals responsible for spatially regulated proliferation in the differentiating Drosophila eye. Dev Cell. 2005;8:541-51 pubmed..These studies identify the specific extracellular signals that pattern the retinal cell cycles and show how differentiation can be uncoupled from cell cycle exit. ..
- Ghaffari S, Kitidis C, Zhao W, Marinkovic D, Fleming M, Luo B, et al. AKT induces erythroid-cell maturation of JAK2-deficient fetal liver progenitor cells and is required for Epo regulation of erythroid-cell differentiation. Blood. 2006;107:1888-91 pubmed
- Nie Y, Han Y, Zou Y. CXCR4 is required for the quiescence of primitive hematopoietic cells. J Exp Med. 2008;205:777-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that CXCR4/CXCL12 signaling is essential to confine HSCs in the proper niche and controls their proliferation. ..
- Klein U, Lia M, Crespo M, Siegel R, Shen Q, Mo T, et al. The DLEU2/miR-15a/16-1 cluster controls B cell proliferation and its deletion leads to chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Cancer Cell. 2010;17:28-40 pubmed publisher..miR-15a/16-1-deletion accelerates the proliferation of both human and mouse B cells by modulating the expression of genes controlling cell-cycle progression. These results define the role of 13q14 deletions in the pathogenesis of CLL. ..
- Chan E, Cronstein B. Methotrexate--how does it really work?. Nat Rev Rheumatol. 2010;6:175-8 pubmed publisher..These activities contribute to the complex and multifaceted mechanisms that make methotrexate efficacious in the treatment of inflammatory disorders. ..
- Dbouk H, Khalil B, Wu H, Shymanets A, Nurnberg B, Backer J. Characterization of a tumor-associated activating mutation of the p110? PI 3-kinase. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63833 pubmed publisher..We propose that the E633K mutant activates p110? by enhancing its basal association with membranes. This study presents the first analysis of an activating oncogenic mutation of p110?. ..
- Pavlides S, Huang K, Reid D, Wu L, Blank S, Mittal K, et al. Inhibitors of SCF-Skp2/Cks1 E3 ligase block estrogen-induced growth stimulation and degradation of nuclear p27kip1: therapeutic potential for endometrial cancer. Endocrinology. 2013;154:4030-45 pubmed publisher..These targeted inhibitors have the potential to be an important therapeutic advance over general proteasome inhibitors for cancers characterized by SCF-Skp2/Cks1-mediated destruction of nuclear p27. ..
- Guo A, Lu P, Galanina N, Nabhan C, Smith S, Coleman M, et al. Heightened BTK-dependent cell proliferation in unmutated chronic lymphocytic leukemia confers increased sensitivity to ibrutinib. Oncotarget. 2016;7:4598-610 pubmed publisher..The prognostic significance of IGHV mutation should be reevaluated in the era of new therapies targeting BCR signaling. ..
- Mlejnek P, Kosztyu P, Dolezel P, Bates S, Ruzickova E. Reversal of ABCB1 mediated efflux by imatinib and nilotinib in cells expressing various transporter levels. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;273:171-179 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that some patients may benefit from an inhibitor exhibiting an ABCB1 expression-dependent effect. ..
- Shang E, Wang X, Wen D, Greenberg D, Wolgemuth D. Double bromodomain-containing gene Brd2 is essential for embryonic development in mouse. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:908-17 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, there were enhanced levels of cell death in Brd2-deficient embryos. ..
- Duan S, Cermak L, Pagan J, Rossi M, Martinengo C, di Celle P, et al. FBXO11 targets BCL6 for degradation and is inactivated in diffuse large B-cell lymphomas. Nature. 2012;481:90-3 pubmed publisher..The deletions/mutations found in DLBCLs are largely monoallelic, indicating that FBXO11 is a haplo-insufficient tumour suppressor gene. ..
- Akpinar P, Kuwajima S, Krutzfeldt J, Stoffel M. Tmem27: a cleaved and shed plasma membrane protein that stimulates pancreatic beta cell proliferation. Cell Metab. 2005;2:385-97 pubmed..Our results identify a pancreatic beta cell transmembrane protein that regulates cell growth of pancreatic islets. ..
- Hase H, Ando T, Eldeiry L, Brebene A, Peng Y, Liu L, et al. TNFalpha mediates the skeletal effects of thyroid-stimulating hormone. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:12849-54 pubmed..The results suggest that TNFalpha is the critical cytokine mediating the downstream antiresorptive effects of TSH on the skeleton. ..
- Branski R, Barbieri S, Weksler B, Saltman B, Krishna P, Kraus D, et al. Effects of transforming growth factor-beta1 on human vocal fold fibroblasts. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2009;118:218-26 pubmed..We studied the effect of transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta on immortalized human vocal fold fibroblasts...
- Bluth M, Zaba L, Moussai D, Suárez Fariñas M, Kaporis H, Fan L, et al. Myeloid dendritic cells from human cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma are poor stimulators of T-cell proliferation. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:2451-62 pubmed publisher..Identification of mechanisms responsible for suppression of tumor-associated DCs may provide insight into the evasion of immunosurveillance by SCC. ..
- Yang H, Wang Z, Capó Aponte J, Zhang F, Pan Z, Reinach P. Epidermal growth factor receptor transactivation by the cannabinoid receptor (CB1) and transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) induces differential responses in corneal epithelial cells. Exp Eye Res. 2010;91:462-71 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, the TRPV1-mediated increases in IL-6 and IL-8 release are elicited through both EGFR dependent and EGFR-independent signaling pathways. ..
- Lee E, Madar A, David G, Garabedian M, DasGupta R, Logan S. Inhibition of androgen receptor and ?-catenin activity in prostate cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:15710-5 pubmed publisher..Importantly, C3 inhibited tumor growth in an in vivo xenograft model and blocked renewal of bicalutamide-resistant sphere-forming cells, indicating the therapeutic potential of this approach. ..
- Shimada K, Hayano M, Pagano N, Stockwell B. Cell-Line Selectivity Improves the Predictive Power of Pharmacogenomic Analyses and Helps Identify NADPH as Biomarker for Ferroptosis Sensitivity. Cell Chem Biol. 2016;23:225-235 pubmed publisher..In summary, incorporating cell-line-selectivity filters improves the predictive power of pharmacogenomic analyses and enables discovery of biomarkers that predict the sensitivity of cells to specific cell death inducers. ..
- Fricker A, Rios C, Devi L, Gomes I. Serotonin receptor activation leads to neurite outgrowth and neuronal survival. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2005;138:228-35 pubmed..Taken together, these findings indicate that activation of the 5-HT1A receptor leads to a number of neurotropic events by activating a series of signal transduction molecules leading to long-term changes required for neurogenesis. ..
- Horsley V, O Carroll D, Tooze R, Ohinata Y, Saitou M, Obukhanych T, et al. Blimp1 defines a progenitor population that governs cellular input to the sebaceous gland. Cell. 2006;126:597-609 pubmed
- Gilboa L, Lehmann R. Soma-germline interactions coordinate homeostasis and growth in the Drosophila gonad. Nature. 2006;443:97-100 pubmed..We propose that similar feedback mechanisms might be generally used for coordinated growth, regeneration and homeostasis. ..
- Frescas D, Guardavaccaro D, Bassermann F, Koyama Nasu R, Pagano M. JHDM1B/FBXL10 is a nucleolar protein that represses transcription of ribosomal RNA genes. Nature. 2007;450:309-13 pubmed
- Langston L, O Donnell M. DNA polymerase delta is highly processive with proliferating cell nuclear antigen and undergoes collision release upon completing DNA. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:29522-31 pubmed publisher..The released pol delta transfers to a new primed site, provided the new site contains a PCNA clamp. Additional results indicate that the collision release mechanism is intrinsic to the pol3/pol31 subunits of the pol delta heterotrimer. ..
- Tung J, Hobert O, Berryman M, Kitajewski J. Chloride intracellular channel 4 is involved in endothelial proliferation and morphogenesis in vitro. Angiogenesis. 2009;12:209-20 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CLIC4 functions to promote endothelial cell proliferation and to regulate endothelial morphogenesis, and is thus involved in multiple steps of in vitro angiogenesis. ..
- Fine B, Hodakoski C, Koujak S, Su T, Saal L, Maurer M, et al. Activation of the PI3K pathway in cancer through inhibition of PTEN by exchange factor P-REX2a. Science. 2009;325:1261-5 pubmed publisher..Depletion of P-REX2a reduced amounts of phosphorylated AKT and growth in human cell lines with intact PTEN. Thus, P-REX2a is a component of the PI3K pathway that can antagonize PTEN in cancer cells. ..
- Zhao X, Monson C, Gao C, Gouon Evans V, Matsumoto N, Sadler K, et al. Klf6/copeb is required for hepatic outgrowth in zebrafish and for hepatocyte specification in mouse ES cells. Dev Biol. 2010;344:79-93 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings indicate that copeb/Klf6 is essential for the development of endoderm-derived organs. ..
- Cubero F, Nieto N. Arachidonic acid stimulates TNF? production in Kupffer cells via a reactive oxygen species-pERK1/2-Egr1-dependent mechanism. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2012;303:G228-39 pubmed publisher..This study unveils the mechanism whereby arachidonic acid and ethanol increase TNF? production in Kupffer cells, thus contributing to alcoholic liver disease...
- Imberg Kazdan K, Ha S, Greenfield A, Poultney C, Bonneau R, Logan S, et al. A genome-wide RNA interference screen identifies new regulators of androgen receptor function in prostate cancer cells. Genome Res. 2013;23:581-91 pubmed publisher..Thus, our screen has yielded new AR regulators including drugable targets that reduce the proliferation of castration-resistant prostate cancer cells. ..
- Lucchetta E, Ohlstein B. The Drosophila midgut: a model for stem cell driven tissue regeneration. Wiley Interdiscip Rev Dev Biol. 2012;1:781-8 pubmed publisher..This review details these emerging mechanisms of tissue homeostasis and the proliferative response of ISCs to epithelial damage, environmental stresses, and aging. ..
- Shen C, Yuan P, Perez Lorenzo R, Zhang Y, Lee S, Ou Y, et al. Phosphorylation of BRAF by AMPK impairs BRAF-KSR1 association and cell proliferation. Mol Cell. 2013;52:161-72 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a mechanism for regulating BRAF signaling in response to energy stress and suggest a strategy for preventing the development of cSCCs associated with BRAF-targeted therapy. ..
- Sumita K, Lo Y, Takeuchi K, Senda M, Kofuji S, Ikeda Y, et al. The Lipid Kinase PI5P4KÎ² Is an Intracellular GTP Sensor for Metabolism and Tumorigenesis. Mol Cell. 2016;61:187-98 pubmed publisher..The critical role of the GTP-sensing activity of PI5P4KÎ² in cancer signifies this lipid kinase as a cancer therapeutic target. ..
- Obukhanych T, Nussenzweig M. T-independent type II immune responses generate memory B cells. J Exp Med. 2006;203:305-10 pubmed
- Chuang L, Moqattash S, Gretz H, Nezhat F, Rahaman J, Chiao J. Sulforaphane induces growth arrest and apoptosis in human ovarian cancer cells. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2007;86:1263-8 pubmed..These results clearly demonstrated an effect of SFN in inducing growth arrest and apoptosis in ovarian carcinoma cell lines. ..
- Emdad L, Lebedeva I, Su Z, Sarkar D, Dent P, Curiel D, et al. Melanoma differentiation associated gene-7/interleukin-24 reverses multidrug resistance in human colorectal cancer cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2007;6:2985-94 pubmed
- ONTIVEROS C, Salm S, Wilson E. Axin2 expression identifies progenitor cells in the murine prostate. Prostate. 2008;68:1263-72 pubmed publisher..An understanding of the basic biology of signaling pathways mediating growth in the prostate may lead to rational therapies to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostate cancer. ..
- Lau Y, Murray L, Houshmandi S, Xu Y, Gutmann D, Yu Q. Merlin is a potent inhibitor of glioma growth. Cancer Res. 2008;68:5733-42 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results show that merlin is a potent inhibitor of high-grade human glioma. ..
- Stone E, Lin Y, Quartermain D. Evaluation of the repeated open-space swim model of depression in the mouse. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2008;91:190-5 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that repeated open-space swim represents a useful new model of depression in the mouse. ..
- Peng H, Slattery M, Mann R. Transcription factor choice in the Hippo signaling pathway: homothorax and yorkie regulation of the microRNA bantam in the progenitor domain of the Drosophila eye imaginal disc. Genes Dev. 2009;23:2307-19 pubmed publisher..In the eye disc, Hth and Tsh provide spatial information to this pathway, promoting cell proliferation and survival in the progenitor domain. ..
- Hovinga K, Shimizu F, Wang R, Panagiotakos G, van der Heijden M, Moayedpardazi H, et al. Inhibition of notch signaling in glioblastoma targets cancer stem cells via an endothelial cell intermediate. Stem Cells. 2010;28:1019-29 pubmed publisher..Three-dimensional explant systems provide a novel approach for the study of tumor and microenvironment interactions. ..
- Su L, Cheng C, Mruk D. Adjudin-mediated Sertoli-germ cell junction disassembly affects Sertoli cell barrier function in vitro and in vivo. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2010;42:1864-75 pubmed publisher..These results illustrate that a unique mechanism exists to maintain blood-testis barrier integrity at all costs, irrespective of the presence of germ cells in the seminiferous epithelium of the testis. ..
- Mainwaring L, Kenney A. Divergent functions for eIF4E and S6 kinase by sonic hedgehog mitogenic signaling in the developing cerebellum. Oncogene. 2011;30:1784-97 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal unique developmental functions for eIF4E and S6 kinase wherein their activity is specifically uncoupled by mitogenic Shh signaling. ..
- Raheja R, Liu Y, Hukkelhoven E, Yeh N, Koff A. The ability of TRIM3 to induce growth arrest depends on RING-dependent E3 ligase activity. Biochem J. 2014;458:537-45 pubmed publisher..Thus the ability of TRIM3 to suppress growth is associated with its ability to ubiquitinate proteins. ..