Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell lineage in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Topic: cell lineage
Publications312 found, 100 shown here
- Stefanescu R, Bassett D, Modarresi R, Santiago F, Fakruddin M, Laurence J. Synergistic interactions between interferon-gamma and TRAIL modulate c-FLIP in endothelial cells, mediating their lineage-specific sensitivity to thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura plasma-associated apoptosis. Blood. 2008;112:340-9 pubmed publisher..Suppression of TRAIL or modulation of immunoproteasome activity may have therapeutic relevance in TTP. ..
- Siatecka M, Bieker J. The multifunctional role of EKLF/KLF1 during erythropoiesis. Blood. 2011;118:2044-54 pubmed publisher..We conclude by describing recent studies of mammalian EKLF/KLF1 mutations that lead to altered red cell phenotypes and disease. ..
- Shaye D, Greenwald I. Endocytosis-mediated downregulation of LIN-12/Notch upon Ras activation in Caenorhabditis elegans. Nature. 2002;420:686-90 pubmed..We also show that if LIN-12 is stabilized in P6.p, lateral signalling is compromised, indicating that LIN-12 downregulation is important in the appropriate specification of cell fates in vivo. ..
- Ishii T, Zhao Y, Sozer S, Shi J, Zhang W, Hoffman R, et al. Behavior of CD34+ cells isolated from patients with polycythemia vera in NOD/SCID mice. Exp Hematol. 2007;35:1633-40 pubmed..We conclude that PB CD34+ cells from PV patients with high JAK2V617F burden and patients with IM contain NOD/SCID repopulating cells, and that differentiation program of IM and PV CD34+ cells are dramatically different. ..
- Sawey E, Crawford H. Metalloproteinases and cell fate: Notch just ADAMs anymore. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:566-9 pubmed..Other approaches for Notch inhibition, including by gamma-secretase and broad-spectrum MMP inhibitors, will be discussed. ..
- Asai T, Liu Y, Bae N, Nimer S. The p53 tumor suppressor protein regulates hematopoietic stem cell fate. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:2215-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, understanding the p53 regulatory mechanisms active in HSCs and LSCs may promote the development of new therapeutic strategies that could eliminate the population of largely quiescent LSCs. ..
- del Valle Rodriguez A, Didiano D, Desplan C. Power tools for gene expression and clonal analysis in Drosophila. Nat Methods. 2011;9:47-55 pubmed publisher..Our intention is to provide guidance and suggestions regarding which genetic tools are most suitable for addressing different developmental questions. ..
- Lupu F, Alves A, Anderson K, Doye V, Lacy E. Nuclear pore composition regulates neural stem/progenitor cell differentiation in the mouse embryo. Dev Cell. 2008;14:831-42 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a role for structural nucleoporins in coordinating cell differentiation events in the developing embryo. ..
- Lopez Schier H, Starr C, Kappler J, Kollmar R, Hudspeth A. Directional cell migration establishes the axes of planar polarity in the posterior lateral-line organ of the zebrafish. Dev Cell. 2004;7:401-12 pubmed..We propose that the global orientation of hair cells relative to the body axes is established through an interaction between directional movement by primordial cells and the timing of neuromast maturation. ..
- Xu Q, Cobos I, De La Cruz E, Rubenstein J, Anderson S. Origins of cortical interneuron subtypes. J Neurosci. 2004;24:2612-22 pubmed..By establishing spatial differences in the origins of interneuron subtypes, these studies lay the groundwork for elucidating the molecular bases for their distinct differentiation pathways. ..
- Horsley V, O Carroll D, Tooze R, Ohinata Y, Saitou M, Obukhanych T, et al. Blimp1 defines a progenitor population that governs cellular input to the sebaceous gland. Cell. 2006;126:597-609 pubmed
- Beach R, Seo P, Venuti J. Expression of the sea urchin MyoD homologue, SUM1, is not restricted to the myogenic lineage during embryogenesis. Mech Dev. 1999;86:209-12 pubmed..For comparative purposes, we cloned the SUM1 orthologue in the distantly related sea urchin, Strongylocentrotus purpuratus, where we found SpSUM1 transcripts in the same population of nonmyogenic cells. ..
- Keegan B, Meyer D, Yelon D. Organization of cardiac chamber progenitors in the zebrafish blastula. Development. 2004;131:3081-91 pubmed..Indeed, via fate mapping, we demonstrate that Nodal signaling promotes ventricular fate specification near the margin, thereby playing an important early role during myocardial patterning...
- Sgaier S, Millet S, Villanueva M, Berenshteyn F, Song C, Joyner A. Morphogenetic and cellular movements that shape the mouse cerebellum; insights from genetic fate mapping. Neuron. 2005;45:27-40 pubmed..Thus, we show that progressive changes in the axes of the cerebellum underlie its genesis. ..
- Ge R, Dong Q, Sottas C, Papadopoulos V, Zirkin B, Hardy M. In search of rat stem Leydig cells: identification, isolation, and lineage-specific development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:2719-24 pubmed..We conclude that these cells are likely to be the sought-after SLCs. ..
- Haremaki T, Fraser S, Kuo Y, Baron M, Weinstein D. Vertebrate Ctr1 coordinates morphogenesis and progenitor cell fate and regulates embryonic stem cell differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:12029-34 pubmed..Our studies support a model in which vertebrate Ctr1 functions as a key regulator of the differentiation capacity of both stem and progenitor cell populations. ..
- Demczuk A, Gauthier M, Veras I, Kosiyatrakul S, Schildkraut C, Busslinger M, et al. Regulation of DNA replication within the immunoglobulin heavy-chain locus during B cell commitment. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001360 pubmed publisher..We propose that, within the Igh C(H)-3'RR domain, Pax5 is responsible for both establishing and maintaining high rates of origin firing, mostly by controlling events downstream of the assembly of pre-replication complexes. ..
- Mutlu A, Cavallin L, Vincent L, Chiozzini C, Eroles P, Duran E, et al. In vivo-restricted and reversible malignancy induced by human herpesvirus-8 KSHV: a cell and animal model of virally induced Kaposi's sarcoma. Cancer Cell. 2007;11:245-58 pubmed..These results show that KSHV malignancy is in vivo growth restricted and reversible, defining mECK36 as a biologically sensitive animal model of KSHV-dependent KS...
- Podgrabinska S, Braun P, Velasco P, Kloos B, Pepper M, Skobe M. Molecular characterization of lymphatic endothelial cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:16069-74 pubmed
- Rotolo S, Diotti R, Gordon R, Qiao R, Yao Z, Phelps R, et al. Effects on proliferation and melanogenesis by inhibition of mutant BRAF and expression of wild-type INK4A in melanoma cells. Int J Cancer. 2005;115:164-9 pubmed..The results suggest that, although both BRAF and INK4A lesions promote cell growth and tumor formation, mutant BRAF may also induce dedifferentiation in melanoma cells. ..
- Keller G. Embryonic stem cell differentiation: emergence of a new era in biology and medicine. Genes Dev. 2005;19:1129-55 pubmed
- Dai C, Lyustikman Y, Shih A, Hu X, Fuller G, Rosenblum M, et al. The characteristics of astrocytomas and oligodendrogliomas are caused by two distinct and interchangeable signaling formats. Neoplasia. 2005;7:397-406 pubmed..The ability of signaling activity to convert tumor cells from one lineage to another presents a mechanism for the development of tumors apparently comprised of cells from multiple lineages. ..
- Sano H, Renault A, Lehmann R. Control of lateral migration and germ cell elimination by the Drosophila melanogaster lipid phosphate phosphatases Wunen and Wunen 2. J Cell Biol. 2005;171:675-83 pubmed..Our results suggest that expression of wun/wun-2 repellents along the migratory paths provides faithful control over the sorting of PGCs into two gonads and eliminates PGCs left in the middle of the embryo. ..
- Egawa T, Littman D. ThPOK acts late in specification of the helper T cell lineage and suppresses Runx-mediated commitment to the cytotoxic T cell lineage. Nat Immunol. 2008;9:1131-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that MHC class II-selected thymocytes are directed toward the CD4(+) lineage independently of ThPOK but require ThPOK to prevent Runx-dependent differentiation toward the CD8(+) lineage. ..
- Mastracci T, Wilcox C, Arnés L, Panea C, Golden J, MAY C, et al. Nkx2.2 and Arx genetically interact to regulate pancreatic endocrine cell development and endocrine hormone expression. Dev Biol. 2011;359:1-11 pubmed publisher..Together, these experiments identify novel genetic interactions between Nkx2.2 and Arx within the endocrine progenitor cells that ensure the correct specification and regulation of endocrine hormone-producing cells. ..
- Xenopoulos P, Kang M, Hadjantonakis A. Cell lineage allocation within the inner cell mass of the mouse blastocyst. Results Probl Cell Differ. 2012;55:185-202 pubmed publisher..We discuss recent advances that have focused on elucidating how the salt-and-pepper pattern is established and then resolved within the ICM, leading to the correct apposition of cell lineages in preparation for implantation. ..
- Banno T, Gazel A, Blumenberg M. Effects of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF alpha) in epidermal keratinocytes revealed using global transcriptional profiling. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:32633-42 pubmed..The results provide new insights into the harmful and beneficial TNF alpha effects and define the mechanisms and genes that achieve these outcomes, both of which are important for TNF alpha-targeted therapies. ..
- Lasorella A, Stegmuller J, Guardavaccaro D, Liu G, Carro M, Rothschild G, et al. Degradation of Id2 by the anaphase-promoting complex couples cell cycle exit and axonal growth. Nature. 2006;442:471-4 pubmed..These findings indicate that deregulated Id activity might be useful to reprogramme quiescent neurons into the axonal growth mode. ..
- Waxman J, Keegan B, Roberts R, Poss K, Yelon D. Hoxb5b acts downstream of retinoic acid signaling in the forelimb field to restrict heart field potential in zebrafish. Dev Cell. 2008;15:923-34 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results offer new perspectives on the mechanisms regulating organ size and the possible causes of congenital syndromes affecting both the heart and forelimb. ..
- Reizis B. Regulation of plasmacytoid dendritic cell development. Curr Opin Immunol. 2010;22:206-11 pubmed publisher..Because E proteins are essential regulators of lymphocyte development, E2-2 activity may underlie the distinct 'lymphoid' features of PDC. ..
- Emdad L, D Souza S, Kothari H, Qadeer Z, Germano I. Efficient differentiation of human embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cells into functional astrocytes. Stem Cells Dev. 2012;21:404-10 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the feasibility of using iPSC-derived astrocytes, a new potential source for therapeutic use for brain tumors and other neurological diseases. ..
- Lien W, Guo X, Polak L, LAWTON L, Young R, Zheng D, et al. Genome-wide maps of histone modifications unwind in vivo chromatin states of the hair follicle lineage. Cell Stem Cell. 2011;9:219-32 pubmed publisher..Our findings explain how HF-SCs cycle through quiescent and activated states without losing stemness and define roles for PcG-mediated repression in governing a fate switch irreversibly. ..
- Mizoguchi T, Pinho S, Ahmed J, Kunisaki Y, Hanoun M, Mendelson A, et al. Osterix marks distinct waves of primitive and definitive stromal progenitors during bone marrow development. Dev Cell. 2014;29:340-9 pubmed publisher..These results uncover a broad expression profile of Osterix and raise the intriguing possibility that distinct waves of stromal cells, primitive and definitive, may organize the developing BM. ..
- Matushansky I, Hernando E, Socci N, Mills J, Matos T, Edgar M, et al. Derivation of sarcomas from mesenchymal stem cells via inactivation of the Wnt pathway. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:3248-57 pubmed..Our results provide mechanistic insights regarding the cell of origin of MFH, establish what we believe is a novel tumor suppressor role for Wnt signaling, and identify a potential therapeutic differentiation strategy for sarcomas. ..
- Gulotta L, Rodeo S. Emerging ideas: Evaluation of stem cells genetically modified with scleraxis to improve rotator cuff healing. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2011;469:2977-80 pubmed publisher..Development of this technology may substantially advance our ability to repair large to massive rotator cuff tears while limiting the rates of anatomic failure. ..
- Leitch H, Okamura D, Durcova Hills G, Stewart C, Gardner R, Matsui Y, et al. On the fate of primordial germ cells injected into early mouse embryos. Dev Biol. 2014;385:155-9 pubmed publisher..Current technologies allow further experiments to confirm and expand upon these findings and allow definitive conclusions as to the developmental potency of PGCs. ..
- Mendez Ferrer S, Michurina T, Ferraro F, Mazloom A, MacArthur B, Lira S, et al. Mesenchymal and haematopoietic stem cells form a unique bone marrow niche. Nature. 2010;466:829-34 pubmed publisher..These results uncover an unprecedented partnership between two distinct somatic stem-cell types and are indicative of a unique niche in the bone marrow made of heterotypic stem-cell pairs...
- Laufer E, Kesper D, Vortkamp A, King P. Sonic hedgehog signaling during adrenal development. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;351:19-27 pubmed publisher..Here we place these observations within the context of prior studies on adrenal development, postnatal adrenal maintenance and adrenocortical stem/progenitor cell lineages. ..
- Meredith M, Liu K, Darrasse Jèze G, Kamphorst A, Schreiber H, Guermonprez P, et al. Expression of the zinc finger transcription factor zDC (Zbtb46, Btbd4) defines the classical dendritic cell lineage. J Exp Med. 2012;209:1153-65 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that CD11c-expressing non-cDCs make significant contributions to initiating immunity to parasites and tumors. ..
- Amir E, Davis K, Tadmor M, Simonds E, Levine J, Bendall S, et al. viSNE enables visualization of high dimensional single-cell data and reveals phenotypic heterogeneity of leukemia. Nat Biotechnol. 2013;31:545-52 pubmed publisher..viSNE can be applied to any multi-dimensional single-cell technology. ..
- Darbinyan A, Kaminski R, White M, Darbinian N, Khalili K. Isolation and propagation of primary human and rodent embryonic neural progenitor cells and cortical neurons. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;1078:45-54 pubmed publisher..Development of human culture provides the most physiologically relevant system for investigation of mechanisms which regulate function of oligodendrocyte, specifically of human origin. ..
- Du Z, Santella A, He F, Tiongson M, Bao Z. De novo inference of systems-level mechanistic models of development from live-imaging-based phenotype analysis. Cell. 2014;156:359-72 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a powerful approach for automated and quantitative interpretation of complex in vivo information. ..
- RAHMAN K, Vengrenyuk Y, Ramsey S, Vila N, Girgis N, Liu J, et al. Inflammatory Ly6Chi monocytes and their conversion to M2 macrophages drive atherosclerosis regression. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:2904-2915 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that continued recruitment of Ly6Chi inflammatory monocytes and their STAT6-dependent polarization to the M2 state are required for resolution of atherosclerotic inflammation and plaque regression. ..
- Carvajal Vergara X, Sevilla A, D Souza S, Ang Y, Schaniel C, Lee D, et al. Patient-specific induced pluripotent stem-cell-derived models of LEOPARD syndrome. Nature. 2010;465:808-12 pubmed publisher..These features correlate with a potential hypertrophic state. We also provide molecular insights into signalling pathways that may promote the disease phenotype...
- Ouyang X, Zhang R, Yang J, Li Q, Qin L, Zhu C, et al. Transcription factor IRF8 directs a silencing programme for TH17 cell differentiation. Nat Commun. 2011;2:314 pubmed publisher..These findings define IRF8 as a novel intrinsic transcriptional inhibitor of T(H)17-cell differentiation. ..
- Doren M, Lehmann R. Cell migration: don't tread on me. Curr Biol. 1997;7:R148-50 pubmed..The recently identified wunen gene is involved in the repulsive guidance of migrating primordial germ cells in Drosophila. ..
- Baker N, Yu S. The R8-photoreceptor equivalence group in Drosophila: fate choice precedes regulated Delta transcription and is independent of Notch gene dose. Mech Dev. 1998;74:3-14 pubmed..Our data argue that other signals may be responsible for the pattern of R8 cell fate allocation by N. Potential relevance to other neurogenic regions is discussed. ..
- Wei Y, Mikawa T. Fate diversity of primitive streak cells during heart field formation in ovo. Dev Dyn. 2000;219:505-13 pubmed
- Nery S, Fishell G, Corbin J. The caudal ganglionic eminence is a source of distinct cortical and subcortical cell populations. Nat Neurosci. 2002;5:1279-87 pubmed..Moreover, we report that the migratory fate of cells from the CGE is intrinsically determined by embryonic day 13.5 (E13.5). Together, these results provide the first insights into the development and fate of the CGE. ..
- Johnston R, Hobert O. A microRNA controlling left/right neuronal asymmetry in Caenorhabditis elegans. Nature. 2003;426:845-9 pubmed..lsy-6 is the first microRNA to our knowledge with a role in neuronal patterning, providing new insights into left/right axis formation. ..
- Cataldegirmen G, Zeng S, Feirt N, Ippagunta N, Dun H, Qu W, et al. RAGE limits regeneration after massive liver injury by coordinated suppression of TNF-alpha and NF-kappaB. J Exp Med. 2005;201:473-84 pubmed..These data highlight central roles for RAGE and MPDDCs in modulation of cell death-promoting mechanisms in massive hepatectomy and suggest that RAGE blockade is a novel strategy to promote regeneration in the massively injured liver. ..
- Elkabetz Y, Panagiotakos G, Al Shamy G, Socci N, Tabar V, Studer L. Human ES cell-derived neural rosettes reveal a functionally distinct early neural stem cell stage. Genes Dev. 2008;22:152-65 pubmed publisher..In addition, the R-NSC-specific genetic markers presented here offer new tools for harnessing the differentiation potential of human ESCs. ..
- Weiss J, Bilate A, Gobert M, Ding Y, Curotto de Lafaille M, Parkhurst C, et al. Neuropilin 1 is expressed on thymus-derived natural regulatory T cells, but not mucosa-generated induced Foxp3+ T reg cells. J Exp Med. 2012;209:1723-42, S1 pubmed..In the same animals, iT reg cells in secondary lymphoid organs remain Nrp1(low). We also determined that, in spontaneous EAE, iT reg cells help to establish a chronic phase of the disease...
- Higuchi R, Vevea J, Swayne T, Chojnowski R, Hill V, Boldogh I, et al. Actin dynamics affect mitochondrial quality control and aging in budding yeast. Curr Biol. 2013;23:2417-22 pubmed publisher..These studies support the model that RACF serves as a filter for segregation of fit from less-fit mitochondria during inheritance, which controls cellular lifespan and healthspan. They also support a role for Sir2p in these processes. ..
- Houldsworth J, Reuter V, Bosl G, Chaganti R. ID gene expression varies with lineage during differentiation of pluripotential male germ cell tumor cell lines. Cell Tissue Res. 2001;303:371-9 pubmed..The pluripotential male GCT cell lines comprise a unique system in which the roles of specific genes such as the ID family of genes in human cell differentiation and lineage decision can be studied. ..
- Palomero T, McKenna K, O Neil J, Galinsky I, Stone R, Suzukawa K, et al. Activating mutations in NOTCH1 in acute myeloid leukemia and lineage switch leukemias. Leukemia. 2006;20:1963-6 pubmed
- Vied C, Kalderon D. Hedgehog-stimulated stem cells depend on non-canonical activity of the Notch co-activator Mastermind. Development. 2009;136:2177-86 pubmed publisher..Loss of Mam reduces the expression of a Hh pathway reporter in FSCs but not in wing discs, suggesting that Mam might enhance Hh signaling specifically in stem cells of the Drosophila ovary. ..
- Cordero J, Cagan R. Canonical wingless signaling regulates cone cell specification in the Drosophila retina. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:875-84 pubmed publisher..This activity requires canonical Wg signaling and is linked with Notch pathway activity. Our work broadens the role of canonical Wg signaling to encompass multiple patterning steps in the emerging Drosophila retina. ..
- Massague J, Xi Q. TGF-? control of stem cell differentiation genes. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1953-8 pubmed publisher..These findings provide exciting new insights into the global role of TGF-? signaling in the regulators of stem cell fate. ..
- Kang M, Piliszek A, Artus J, Hadjantonakis A. FGF4 is required for lineage restriction and salt-and-pepper distribution of primitive endoderm factors but not their initial expression in the mouse. Development. 2013;140:267-79 pubmed publisher..Instead, depending on concentration, we noted no effect or conversion of all ICM cells to GATA6-positive PrE. We propose that heterogeneities in the availability of FGF produce the salt-and-pepper distribution of lineage-biased cells...
- Mica Y, Lee G, Chambers S, Tomishima M, Studer L. Modeling neural crest induction, melanocyte specification, and disease-related pigmentation defects in hESCs and patient-specific iPSCs. Cell Rep. 2013;3:1140-52 pubmed publisher..Our data define a highly specific requirement for WNT signaling during NC induction and enable the generation of pure populations of human iPSC-derived melanocytes for faithful modeling of pigmentation disorders...
- Maroof A, Keros S, Tyson J, Ying S, Ganat Y, Merkle F, et al. Directed differentiation and functional maturation of cortical interneurons from human embryonic stem cells. Cell Stem Cell. 2013;12:559-72 pubmed publisher..Our study defines the signals sufficient for modeling human ventral forebrain development in vitro and lays the foundation for studying cortical interneuron involvement in human disease pathology. ..
- Fan Y, Hanai J, Le P, Bi R, Maridas D, DeMambro V, et al. Parathyroid Hormone Directs Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Cell Fate. Cell Metab. 2017;25:661-672 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal an important mechanism for PTH's therapeutic action through its ability to direct mesenchymal cell fate. ..
- Moore M. Commentary: the role of cell migration in the ontogeny of the lymphoid system. Stem Cells Dev. 2004;13:1-21 pubmed
- Xu Q, Tam M, Anderson S. Fate mapping Nkx2.1-lineage cells in the mouse telencephalon. J Comp Neurol. 2008;506:16-29 pubmed..1-expressing regions. In this paper, we present fate-mapping data on Nkx2.1-lineage neurons throughout the telencephalon, including the cerebral cortex, amygdala, olfactory bulb, striatum, globus pallidus, septum, and nucleus basalis. ..
- Mavromatakis Y, Tomlinson A. The role of the small GTPase Rap in Drosophila R7 photoreceptor specification. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:3844-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, when N activity is high, a robust RTK signal operates that uses both Ras and Rap, but when N activity is low, only a mild RTK signal is transduced and Ras alone suffices for the purpose. ..
- Will B, Vogler T, Bartholdy B, Garrett Bakelman F, Mayer J, Barreyro L, et al. Satb1 regulates the self-renewal of hematopoietic stem cells by promoting quiescence and repressing differentiation commitment. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:437-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, Satb1 is a regulator that promotes HSC quiescence and represses lineage commitment. ..
- Nagaoka H, Gonzalez Aseguinolaza G, Tsuji M, Nussenzweig M. Immunization and infection change the number of recombination activating gene (RAG)-expressing B cells in the periphery by altering immature lymphocyte production. J Exp Med. 2000;191:2113-20 pubmed..Our experiments suggest that adjuvants and infectious agents cause previously unappreciated alterations in lymphopoiesis resulting in the accumulation of RAG-expressing immature B cells in the spleen. ..
- Di Talia S, Skotheim J, Bean J, Siggia E, Cross F. The effects of molecular noise and size control on variability in the budding yeast cell cycle. Nature. 2007;448:947-51 pubmed..This analysis decomposes the regulatory dynamics of the Start transition into two independent modules, a size sensing module and a timing module, each of which is predominantly controlled by a different G1 cyclin. ..
- Reilein A, Melamed D, Park K, Berg A, Cimetta E, Tandon N, et al. Alternative direct stem cell derivatives defined by stem cell location and graded Wnt signalling. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:433-444 pubmed publisher..We also found that FSCs strongly resemble mammalian intestinal stem cells in many aspects of their organization, including population asymmetry and dynamic heterogeneity...
- Zervas M, Millet S, Ahn S, Joyner A. Cell behaviors and genetic lineages of the mesencephalon and rhombomere 1. Neuron. 2004;43:345-57 pubmed..Finally, we also uncovered transient and differential genetic lineages of ventral midbrain dopaminergic and ventral hindbrain serotonergic neuronal precursors with respect to Wnt1 and Gli1 expression. ..
- Woo S, Stumpfova M, Jensen U, Lumpkin E, Owens D. Identification of epidermal progenitors for the Merkel cell lineage. Development. 2010;137:3965-71 pubmed publisher..Finally, TDPCs possess a unique transcript profile that appears to be enforced by the juxtaposition of TDPCs with Merkel cells within the touch dome niche. ..
- Castanon I, Von Stetina S, Kass J, Baylies M. Dimerization partners determine the activity of the Twist bHLH protein during Drosophila mesoderm development. Development. 2001;128:3145-59 pubmed..Moreover, this work provides a paradigm for understanding how the same protein controls a sequence of events within a single lineage. ..
- del Alamo D, Mlodzik M. Frizzled/PCP-dependent asymmetric neuralized expression determines R3/R4 fates in the Drosophila eye. Dev Cell. 2006;11:887-94 pubmed..We demonstrate that Neur asymmetry is instructive in correct R3/R4 specification. Our data indicate that Fz/PCP-dependent Neur expression in R3 ensures the proper directionality of Dl-N signaling during R3/R4 specification. ..
- Brownell I, Guevara E, Bai C, Loomis C, Joyner A. Nerve-derived sonic hedgehog defines a niche for hair follicle stem cells capable of becoming epidermal stem cells. Cell Stem Cell. 2011;8:552-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, nerves cultivate a microenvironment where Shh creates a molecularly and phenotypically distinct population of hair follicle stem cells. ..
- Kubo A, Chen V, Kennedy M, Zahradka E, Daley G, Keller G. The homeobox gene HEX regulates proliferation and differentiation of hemangioblasts and endothelial cells during ES cell differentiation. Blood. 2005;105:4590-7 pubmed
- Mathur D, Bost A, Driver I, Ohlstein B. A transient niche regulates the specification of Drosophila intestinal stem cells. Science. 2010;327:210-3 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a paradigm for stem cell-niche biology, where progenitors generate transient niches that determine stem cell fate and may give insights into stem cell specification in other tissues. ..
- Greter M, Helft J, Chow A, Hashimoto D, Mortha A, Agudo Cantero J, et al. GM-CSF controls nonlymphoid tissue dendritic cell homeostasis but is dispensable for the differentiation of inflammatory dendritic cells. Immunity. 2012;36:1031-46 pubmed publisher..Thus, Csf-2 is important in vaccine-induced CD8(+) T cell immunity through the regulation of nonlymphoid tissue DC homeostasis rather than control of inflammatory DCs in vivo. ..
- Kakumanu A, Velasco S, Mazzoni E, Mahony S. Deconvolving sequence features that discriminate between overlapping regulatory annotations. PLoS Comput Biol. 2017;13:e1005795 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate the scalability of SeqUnwinder to discover cell-specific sequence features from over one hundred thousand genomic loci that display DNase I hypersensitivity in one or more ENCODE cell lines...
- Vigneau C, Polgar K, Striker G, Elliott J, Hyink D, Weber O, et al. Mouse embryonic stem cell-derived embryoid bodies generate progenitors that integrate long term into renal proximal tubules in vivo. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007;18:1709-20 pubmed
- Zhang L, Stokes N, Polak L, Fuchs E. Specific microRNAs are preferentially expressed by skin stem cells to balance self-renewal and early lineage commitment. Cell Stem Cell. 2011;8:294-308 pubmed publisher..We verify some of these miR-125b targets, and show that Blimp1 and VDR in particular can account for many tissue imbalances we see when miR-125b is deregulated. ..
- Gorovets D, Kannan K, Shen R, Kastenhuber E, Islamdoust N, Campos C, et al. IDH mutation and neuroglial developmental features define clinically distinct subclasses of lower grade diffuse astrocytic glioma. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:2490-501 pubmed publisher..We have elucidated molecularly distinct subclasses of lower grade diffuse astrocytic glioma that dictate clinical behavior and show fundamental associations with both IDH mutational status and neuroglial developmental stage. ..