Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on biological models in California, United States
Locale: California, United States
Topic: biological models
Publications193 found, 100 shown here
- Scorah J, Dong M, Yates J, Scott M, Gillespie D, McGowan C. A conserved proliferating cell nuclear antigen-interacting protein sequence in Chk1 is required for checkpoint function. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:17250-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest an additional mechanism by which essential components of the DNA replication machinery interact with the replication checkpoint apparatus. ..
- Pacquelet S, Lehmann M, Luxen S, Regazzoni K, Frausto M, Noack D, et al. Inhibitory action of NoxA1 on dual oxidase activity in airway cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:24649-58 pubmed publisher..This represents a new paradigm for control of NADPH oxidase activity, where second messenger-promoted conformational change of the Nox structure promotes oxidase activation by relieving constraint induced by regulatory components. ..
- Puhlev I, Guo N, Brown D, Levine F. Desiccation tolerance in human cells. Cryobiology. 2001;42:207-17 pubmed..Further optimization of the process for desiccating and maintaining cells is required before long-term storage of desiccated cells can be achieved. ..
- Leung D, Saghatelian A, Simon G, Cravatt B. Inactivation of N-acyl phosphatidylethanolamine phospholipase D reveals multiple mechanisms for the biosynthesis of endocannabinoids. Biochemistry. 2006;45:4720-6 pubmed
- Ben Efraim I, Gerace L. Gradient of increasing affinity of importin beta for nucleoporins along the pathway of nuclear import. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:411-7 pubmed..These results indicate that nucleoporins themselves, as well as the nucleocytoplasmic compartmentalization of the Ran system, are likely to play an important role in conferring directionality to nuclear protein import. ..
- Rafelski S, Theriot J. Bacterial shape and ActA distribution affect initiation of Listeria monocytogenes actin-based motility. Biophys J. 2005;89:2146-58 pubmed..Over time, saltatory motility and sensitivity to the immediate environment decreased as bacterial movement became robust at a constant steady-state speed. ..
- Alvarez D, Chou C, Latella L, Zeitlin S, Ku S, Puri P, et al. A two-hit mechanism for pre-mitotic arrest of cancer cell proliferation by a polyamide-alkylator conjugate. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:1537-48 pubmed..A control polyamide-Chl conjugate, which neither binds to the H4c gene nor has an anti-proliferative effect by itself, causes G2/M arrest when cells are treated with siRNAs specific for H3 or H4c. ..
- Eckelman B, Salvesen G, Scott F. Human inhibitor of apoptosis proteins: why XIAP is the black sheep of the family. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:988-94 pubmed
- Okumura F, Zou W, Zhang D. ISG15 modification of the eIF4E cognate 4EHP enhances cap structure-binding activity of 4EHP. Genes Dev. 2007;21:255-60 pubmed..These data suggest that ISGylation of 4EHP may play an important role in cap structure-dependent translation control in immune responses. ..
- Dunn A, Spudich J. Dynamics of the unbound head during myosin V processive translocation. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2007;14:246-8 pubmed..We find that the unbound head rotates freely about the lever-arm junction, a trait that likely facilitates travel through crowded actin meshworks. ..
- Al Bassam J, Roger B, Halpain S, Milligan R. Analysis of the weak interactions of ADP-Unc104 and ADP-kinesin with microtubules and their inhibition by MAP2c. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2007;64:377-89 pubmed..This is reminiscent of the defects we have observed in Unc104 and kinesin mutants in which the positively charged residues in K-loop and neck coiled-coil domains were removed. ..
- Kaiser D. Myxococcus-from single-cell polarity to complex multicellular patterns. Annu Rev Genet. 2008;42:109-30 pubmed publisher..Mgl.GTP then recognizes the engines that are currently in use and inactivates both of them. Meanwhile, new engines appear as instructed by the template, and the cell starts to glide in the opposite direction...
- Dhaka A, Uzzell V, Dubin A, Mathur J, Petrus M, Bandell M, et al. TRPV1 is activated by both acidic and basic pH. J Neurosci. 2009;29:153-8 pubmed publisher..Our studies show that TRPV1 detects both acidic and basic deviations from homeostatic pH. ..
- Mak H, Pillus L, Ideker T. Dynamic reprogramming of transcription factors to and from the subtelomere. Genome Res. 2009;19:1014-25 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results underscore the importance of genome structure in understanding the regulatory dynamics of transcriptional networks. ..
- Benhnia M, McCausland M, Laudenslager J, Granger S, Rickert S, Koriazova L, et al. Heavily isotype-dependent protective activities of human antibodies against vaccinia virus extracellular virion antigen B5. J Virol. 2009;83:12355-67 pubmed publisher..A model is proposed to explain the mechanism of EV neutralization. Altogether these findings enhance our understanding of the central protective activities of smallpox vaccine-elicited antibodies in immunized humans. ..
- Singer M, Kaiser D. Ectopic production of guanosine penta- and tetraphosphate can initiate early developmental gene expression in Myxococcus xanthus. Genes Dev. 1995;9:1633-44 pubmed..These results suggest that M. xanthus cells can assess their nutritional status by monitoring the internal availability of amino acids through (p)ppGpp levels. ..
- Hinck L, Nathke I, Papkoff J, Nelson W. Dynamics of cadherin/catenin complex formation: novel protein interactions and pathways of complex assembly. J Cell Biol. 1994;125:1327-40 pubmed..Subsequently, > 90% of labeled cadherin, but no additional labeled catenin complexes, entered the TX-100-insoluble fraction.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Richardson R, Grassi B, Gavin T, Haseler L, Tagore K, Roca J, et al. Evidence of O2 supply-dependent VO2 max in the exercise-trained human quadriceps. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1999;86:1048-53 pubmed
- Kahana J, Cleveland D. Beyond nuclear transport. Ran-GTP as a determinant of spindle assembly. J Cell Biol. 1999;146:1205-10 pubmed
- Tan S, Wang T. Analysis of fission yeast primase defines the checkpoint responses to aberrant S phase initiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:7853-66 pubmed..Thus, the Cds1-mediated intra-S phase checkpoint response induced by hydroxyurea can also be distinguished from the S-M phase checkpoint response that requires the initiation DNA synthesis by Polalpha. ..
- Ogawa N, DeRisi J, Brown P. New components of a system for phosphate accumulation and polyphosphate metabolism in Saccharomyces cerevisiae revealed by genomic expression analysis. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:4309-21 pubmed..Taken together, the results reveal important new features of a genetic system that plays a critical role in P(i) acquisition and polyP metabolism in yeast...
- Rozanov D, Hahn Dantona E, Strickland D, Strongin A. The low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein LRP is regulated by membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) proteolysis in malignant cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:4260-8 pubmed..These events implicate MT1-MMP, not only in the activation of MMP-2, but also in the mechanisms that control the subsequent fate of MMP-2 in cells and tissues. ..
- Yam A, Albanèse V, Lin H, Frydman J. Hsp110 cooperates with different cytosolic HSP70 systems in a pathway for de novo folding. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:41252-61 pubmed..It, thus, appears that Hsp110 is an important regulator of Hsp70-substrate interactions. Based on our data, we propose that Hsp110 cooperates with the SSB and SSA Hsp70 subfamilies, which act sequentially during de novo folding. ..
- Melin J, Quake S. Microfluidic large-scale integration: the evolution of design rules for biological automation. Annu Rev Biophys Biomol Struct. 2007;36:213-31 pubmed..Several microfluidic components used as building blocks to create effective, complex, and highly integrated microfluidic networks are also highlighted. ..
- Almaas E. Optimal flux patterns in cellular metabolic networks. Chaos. 2007;17:026107 pubmed..Finally, I briefly discuss the predicted activity patterns of the central carbon metabolic pathways for the sample of random environments. ..
- Lee C, Kim N, Choi H, Sun Y, Nam J, Rhee H, et al. Lysophosphatidic acid-induced c-fos up-regulation involves cyclic AMP response element-binding protein activated by mitogen- and stress-activated protein kinase-1. J Cell Biochem. 2008;104:785-94 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that CREB plays an important role in up-regulation of c-fos mRNA level in LPA-stimulated Rat-2 fibroblast cells. ..
- Kwak Y, Wang B, Pan W, Xu H, Jiang X, Liao F. Functional interaction of phosphatase and tensin homologue (PTEN) with the E3 ligase NEDD4-1 during neuronal response to zinc. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:9847-57 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that NEDD4-1-mediated PTEN ubiquitination is crucial in the regulation of PI3K/Akt signaling by PTEN during the neuronal response to zinc, which may represent a common mechanism in neurodegeneration. ..
- Peng Y, Lee J, Zhu C, Sun Z. A novel role for protein inhibitor of activated STAT (PIAS) proteins in modulating the activity of Zimp7, a novel PIAS-like protein, in androgen receptor-mediated transcription. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:11465-75 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate a novel interaction between PIAS and PIAS-like proteins and elucidate a novel regulatory mechanism for PIAS proteins in AR-mediated transcription. ..
- Bengtson M, Joazeiro C. Role of a ribosome-associated E3 ubiquitin ligase in protein quality control. Nature. 2010;467:470-3 pubmed publisher..We speculate that defective protein quality control may underlie the neurodegenerative phenotype that results from mutation of the mouse Ltn1 homologue Listerin. ..
- Barr J, Zomorodi K, Bertaccini E, Shafer S, Geller E. A double-blind, randomized comparison of i.v. lorazepam versus midazolam for sedation of ICU patients via a pharmacologic model. Anesthesiology. 2001;95:286-98 pubmed..This results in significant delays in emergence from sedation with lorazepam as compared with midazolam when administered for ICU sedation. ..
- Frisch S. Evidence for a function of death-receptor-related, death-domain-containing proteins in anoikis. Curr Biol. 1999;9:1047-9 pubmed..These findings indicate a role for death receptors or proteins with related death domains in triggering anoikis. ..
- Boddy M, Shanahan P, McDonald W, Lopez Girona A, Noguchi E, Yates III J, et al. Replication checkpoint kinase Cds1 regulates recombinational repair protein Rad60. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:5939-46 pubmed..These studies indicate that regulation of Rad60 is an important part of the replication checkpoint response controlled by Cds1. We propose that control of Rad60 regulates recombination events at stalled forks. ..
- Schwartz E, Blower S. Predicting the potential individual- and population-level effects of imperfect herpes simplex virus type 2 vaccines. J Infect Dis. 2005;191:1734-46 pubmed..HSV-2 vaccines will have a substantially greater public health impact in developing than in developed countries. ..
- Belotserkovskii B, De Silva E, Tornaletti S, Wang G, Vasquez K, Hanawalt P. A triplex-forming sequence from the human c-MYC promoter interferes with DNA transcription. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:32433-41 pubmed..We suggest that transcription-induced triplex formation enhances pre-existing weak transcription pause sites within the flanking sequences by creating steric obstacles for the transcription machinery. ..
- Schenk S, Saberi M, Olefsky J. Insulin sensitivity: modulation by nutrients and inflammation. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:2992-3002 pubmed publisher..Overall, we provide our integrative perspective regarding how nutrients and obesity interact to regulate insulin sensitivity. ..
- Nusse R, Fuerer C, Ching W, Harnish K, Logan C, Zeng A, et al. Wnt signaling and stem cell control. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2008;73:59-66 pubmed publisher..We propose that these modifications control the range of Wnt signaling and have critical roles in establishing niches for stem cells in various tissues. ..
- Kantoci D, Wechter W. Calculation of inversion half-lives of aryl propionic acid class nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs. J Clin Pharmacol. 1996;36:500-4 pubmed..The relation of the sensitivity of this value to the terminal half-life (t1/2) of the R-enantiomers of APA class drugs also is discussed. ..
- Takayama S, Reed J. Molecular chaperone targeting and regulation by BAG family proteins. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:E237-41 pubmed..Emerging knowledge about BAG-family proteins indicates that there may be a mechanism for influencing signal transduction through non-covalent post-translational modifications. ..
- Matulef K, Maduke M. Side-dependent inhibition of a prokaryotic ClC by DIDS. Biophys J. 2005;89:1721-30 pubmed..The side-dependent nature of DIDS inhibition will be useful for generating "functionally oriented" preparations of ClC-ec1, in which DIDS is used to silence transporters in one orientation but not the other. ..
- Kang J, Saunier E, Akhurst R, Derynck R. The type I TGF-beta receptor is covalently modified and regulated by sumoylation. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:654-64 pubmed publisher..T beta RI sumoylation therefore controls responsiveness to TGF-beta, with implications for tumour progression. Sumoylation of cell-surface receptors may regulate other growth factor responses. ..
- Lillemeier B, Mörtelmaier M, Forstner M, Huppa J, Groves J, Davis M. TCR and Lat are expressed on separate protein islands on T cell membranes and concatenate during activation. Nat Immunol. 2010;11:90-6 pubmed publisher..This separation versus physical juxtapositioning of receptor domains and domains containing downstream signaling molecules in quiescent versus activated T cells may be a general feature of plasma membrane-associated signal transduction. ..
- van der Heyde H, Burns J, Weidanz W, Horn J, Gramaglia I, Nolan J. Analysis of antigen-specific antibodies and their isotypes in experimental malaria. Cytometry A. 2007;71:242-50 pubmed..Analysis of antibody responses using microspheres and flow cytometry offer significant advantages in speed, sample size, and quantification over standard ELISA-based titer methods. ..
- GRANDL J, Kim S, Uzzell V, Bursulaya B, Petrus M, Bandell M, et al. Temperature-induced opening of TRPV1 ion channel is stabilized by the pore domain. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:708-14 pubmed publisher..We propose that sequential occupancy of short and long open states on activation provides a mechanism for enhancing temperature sensitivity. Our results suggest that the outer pore is important for the heat sensitivity of thermoTRPs. ..
- Simon G, Cravatt B. Characterization of mice lacking candidate N-acyl ethanolamine biosynthetic enzymes provides evidence for multiple pathways that contribute to endocannabinoid production in vivo. Mol Biosyst. 2010;6:1411-8 pubmed publisher..Characterization of this pathway should provide clarity on the multifaceted nature of NAE biosynthesis. ..
- Bhoumik A, RONAI Z. ATF2: a transcription factor that elicits oncogenic or tumor suppressor activities. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:2341-5 pubmed..These findings suggest tissue- and tumor-specific function of ATF2. This review summarizes the current understanding of ATF2 regulation and function. ..
- Reeves C, Rodriguez E. Genetic engineering to produce polyketide analogues. Methods Enzymol. 2009;459:295-318 pubmed publisher..Recent information that could be relevant to future polyketide engineering projects is also discussed. ..
- Lupardus P, Byun T, Yee M, Hekmat Nejad M, Cimprich K. A requirement for replication in activation of the ATR-dependent DNA damage checkpoint. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2327-32 pubmed..These data indicate that replication is required for activation of the DNA damage checkpoint and suggest a unifying model for ATR activation by diverse lesions during S phase. ..
- Galko M, Krasnow M. Cellular and genetic analysis of wound healing in Drosophila larvae. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:E239 pubmed..Cell biological and molecular parallels to vertebrate wound healing lead us to speculate that wound healing is an ancient response that has diversified during evolution. ..
- Stanfield G, Villeneuve A. Regulation of sperm activation by SWM-1 is required for reproductive success of C. elegans males. Curr Biol. 2006;16:252-63 pubmed
- Torres V, Mielgo A, Barilà D, Anderson D, Stupack D. Caspase 8 promotes peripheral localization and activation of Rab5. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:36280-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, we demonstrate a novel function for caspase 8 as a modulator of p85alpha Rab-GAP activity and endosomal trafficking. ..
- Yam A, Xia Y, Lin H, Burlingame A, Gerstein M, Frydman J. Defining the TRiC/CCT interactome links chaperonin function to stabilization of newly made proteins with complex topologies. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2008;15:1255-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, TRiC may have evolved to protect complex protein topologies within its central cavity during biosynthesis and folding. ..
- Imam F, Sutherland D, Huang W, Krasnow M. stumps, a Drosophila gene required for fibroblast growth factor (FGF)-directed migrations of tracheal and mesodermal cells. Genetics. 1999;152:307-18 pubmed..The results suggest that stumps function promotes FGF-directed cell migrations, either by potentiating the FGF signaling process or by coupling the signal to the cellular machinery required for directed cell movement. ..
- Mic F, Sirbu I, Duester G. Retinoic acid synthesis controlled by Raldh2 is required early for limb bud initiation and then later as a proximodistal signal during apical ectodermal ridge formation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:26698-706 pubmed..During ZPA formation, RA acts early to activate expression of dHand, but it is not required later for Shh activation. ..
- Luong N, Davies C, Wessells R, Graham S, King M, Veech R, et al. Activated FOXO-mediated insulin resistance is blocked by reduction of TOR activity. Cell Metab. 2006;4:133-42 pubmed..Thus, the regulation of dTOR activity may be an ancient "systems biological" means of regulating metabolism and senescence, that has important evolutionary, physiological, and clinical implications. ..
- Motomura A, Bazalova M, Zhou H, Keall P, Graves E. Investigation of the effects of treatment planning variables in small animal radiotherapy dose distributions. Med Phys. 2010;37:590-9 pubmed..Future work should address methods to improve conformality in asymmetric targets. ..
- Zabel B, Allen S, Kulig P, Allen J, Cichy J, Handel T, et al. Chemerin activation by serine proteases of the coagulation, fibrinolytic, and inflammatory cascades. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:34661-6 pubmed
- Mata Greenwood E, Liao W, Wang W, Zheng J, Chen D. Activation of AP-1 transcription factors differentiates FGF2 and vascular endothelial growth factor regulation of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase expression in placental artery endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:17348-58 pubmed publisher..Thus, FGF2 induction of NOS3 expression is mainly mediated by AP-1-dependent transcription involving JunB and Fra1 up-regulation via sustained ERK2/1 activation in endothelial cells. ..
- Ruggeri Z. Von Willebrand factor, platelets and endothelial cell interactions. J Thromb Haemost. 2003;1:1335-42 pubmed
- Charron F, Tessier Lavigne M. Novel brain wiring functions for classical morphogens: a role as graded positional cues in axon guidance. Development. 2005;132:2251-62 pubmed
- Simonsen A, Cumming R, Brech A, Isakson P, SCHUBERT D, Finley K. Promoting basal levels of autophagy in the nervous system enhances longevity and oxidant resistance in adult Drosophila. Autophagy. 2008;4:176-84 pubmed
- Rabinovitch M. Molecular pathogenesis of pulmonary arterial hypertension. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:2372-9 pubmed publisher..Emerging treatments are aimed at inducing apoptosis of abnormal vascular cells that obstruct blood flow and at promoting regeneration of "lost" distal vasculature. ..
- Shah S, Tugendreich S, Forbes D. Major binding sites for the nuclear import receptor are the internal nucleoporin Nup153 and the adjacent nuclear filament protein Tpr. J Cell Biol. 1998;141:31-49 pubmed..Thus, Nup153 and Tpr are major physiological binding sites for importin beta. Models for the roles of these interactions are discussed. ..
- Ditzel H, Strik M, Larsen M, Willis A, Waseem A, Kejling K, et al. Cancer-associated cleavage of cytokeratin 8/18 heterotypic complexes exposes a neoepitope in human adenocarcinomas. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:21712-22 pubmed..We have thus characterized a cancer neoepitope recognized by the humoral immune system. The results have biological as well as clinical implications. ..
- Gordon M, Nusse R. Wnt signaling: multiple pathways, multiple receptors, and multiple transcription factors. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:22429-33 pubmed
- Allen J, Khetani S, Johnson R, Bhatia S. In vitro liver tissue model established from transgenic mice: role of HIF-1alpha on hypoxic gene expression. Tissue Eng. 2006;12:3135-47 pubmed..Our results demonstrate the potential to integrate in vitro tissue models with transgenic and microarray technologies for the study of physiologic stress responses. ..
- Evans E, Kawli T, Tan M. Pseudomonas aeruginosa suppresses host immunity by activating the DAF-2 insulin-like signaling pathway in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Pathog. 2008;4:e1000175 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a new mechanism by which P. aeruginosa suppresses host immune defense. ..
- Anderson I, Ulrich L, Lupa B, Susanti D, Porat I, Hooper S, et al. Genomic characterization of methanomicrobiales reveals three classes of methanogens. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5797 pubmed publisher..While these organisms appear to be more closely related to the Methanosarcinales in ribosomal-based phylogenetic analyses, they are metabolically more similar to Class I methanogens...
- Chen L, Hou B, Lalonde S, Takanaga H, Hartung M, Qu X, et al. Sugar transporters for intercellular exchange and nutrition of pathogens. Nature. 2010;468:527-32 pubmed publisher..The metazoan homologues may be involved in sugar efflux from intestinal, liver, epididymis and mammary cells. ..
- Schlaepfer D, Jones K, Hunter T. Multiple Grb2-mediated integrin-stimulated signaling pathways to ERK2/mitogen-activated protein kinase: summation of both c-Src- and focal adhesion kinase-initiated tyrosine phosphorylation events. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:2571-85 pubmed
- Sato T, Darsow T, Emr S. Vam7p, a SNAP-25-like molecule, and Vam3p, a syntaxin homolog, function together in yeast vacuolar protein trafficking. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:5308-19 pubmed
- Sullivan B, Karpen G. Centromeric chromatin exhibits a histone modification pattern that is distinct from both euchromatin and heterochromatin. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2004;11:1076-83 pubmed..We speculate that this distinct modification pattern contributes to the unique domain organization and three-dimensional structure of centromeric regions, and/or to the epigenetic information that determines centromere identity. ..
- Peehl D. Primary cell cultures as models of prostate cancer development. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2005;12:19-47 pubmed
- DeLaBarre B, Christianson J, Kopito R, Brunger A. Central pore residues mediate the p97/VCP activity required for ERAD. Mol Cell. 2006;22:451-62 pubmed..Except His317, which serves as an interaction nexus, these residues all lie on prominent loops within the D2 pore. These data support a model of substrate dislocation facilitated by interactions with p97/VCP's D2 pore. ..
- Kim K, Wang L, Hwang I. LFA-1-dependent Ca2+ entry following suboptimal T cell receptor triggering proceeds without mobilization of intracellular Ca2+. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:22149-54 pubmed publisher..These results ensure the unique role of LFA-1 in T cell Ca2+ signaling and reveal that LFA-1-dependent Ca2+ entry proceeds via a mechanism separate from store-operated Ca2+ entry. ..
- Dunn T, Storm D, Feller M. Calcium-dependent increases in protein kinase-A activity in mouse retinal ganglion cells are mediated by multiple adenylate cyclases. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7877 pubmed publisher..These results are consistent with the existence of a soluble adenylate cyclase that plays a role in calcium-dependent activation of the cAMP/PKA cascade in neurons. ..
- Matsuno Yagi A, Hatefi Y. Ubiquinol:cytochrome c oxidoreductase (complex III). Effect of inhibitors on cytochrome b reduction in submitochondrial particles and the role of ubiquinone in complex III. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:19006-11 pubmed..It was also shown that antimycin did not inhibit electron transfer from b (b(H)) to Q, in clear contrast to the assumption of the Q-cycle hypothesis regarding the site of antimycin inhibition. ..
- Gao T, Toker A, Newton A. The carboxyl terminus of protein kinase c provides a switch to regulate its interaction with the phosphoinositide-dependent kinase, PDK-1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:19588-96 pubmed
- del Pozo M, Kiosses W, Alderson N, Meller N, Hahn K, Schwartz M. Integrins regulate GTP-Rac localized effector interactions through dissociation of Rho-GDI. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:232-9 pubmed..Release of Rho-GDI after membrane translocation allows Rac to bind to effectors. Thus, Rho-GDI confers spatially restricted regulation of Rac-effector interactions. ..
- Yasukawa H, Yajima T, Duplain H, Iwatate M, Kido M, Hoshijima M, et al. The suppressor of cytokine signaling-1 (SOCS1) is a novel therapeutic target for enterovirus-induced cardiac injury. J Clin Invest. 2003;111:469-78 pubmed
- Calabrese B, Halpain S. Essential role for the PKC target MARCKS in maintaining dendritic spine morphology. Neuron. 2005;48:77-90 pubmed..Thus, MARCKS is a key factor in the maintenance of dendritic spines and contributes to PKC-dependent morphological plasticity. ..
- D Lima D, Steklov N, Fregly B, Banks S, Colwell C. In vivo contact stresses during activities of daily living after knee arthroplasty. J Orthop Res. 2008;26:1549-55 pubmed publisher..Our results support the use of "high flexion" designs that improve contact conditions and preserve contact area at high flexion angles. ..
- Chao M, Seita J, Weissman I. Establishment of a normal hematopoietic and leukemia stem cell hierarchy. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2008;73:439-49 pubmed publisher..We also review select signaling pathways intrinsic to normal hematopoietic and leukemic stem cell populations as well our recent findings elucidating the possible origin of the leukemia stem cell. ..
- Singh P, Thomson S. Renal homeostasis and tubuloglomerular feedback. Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens. 2010;19:59-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, by stabilizing GFR, TGF reduces the usefulness of GFR as an instrument of salt balance, and lessens the efficiency of salt homeostasis. ..