Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on binding sites in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Topic: binding sites
Publications397 found, 100 shown here
- Goff A, Ehrlich L, Cohen S, Carter C. Tsg101 control of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Gag trafficking and release. J Virol. 2003;77:9173-82 pubmed
- Agazie Y, Hayman M. Molecular mechanism for a role of SHP2 in epidermal growth factor receptor signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:7875-86 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first report to outline the site and molecular mechanism of action of SHP2 in EGFR signaling, which may also serve as a model to describe its role in other receptor tyrosine kinase signaling pathways. ..
- Porotto M, Murrell M, Greengard O, Lawrence M, McKimm Breschkin J, Moscona A. Inhibition of parainfluenza virus type 3 and Newcastle disease virus hemagglutinin-neuraminidase receptor binding: effect of receptor avidity and steric hindrance at the inhibitor binding sites. J Virol. 2004;78:13911-9 pubmed
- Friedland D, Wooten W, LaVoy J, Hagedorn C, Goss D. A mutant of eukaryotic protein synthesis initiation factor eIF4E(K119A) has an increased binding affinity for both m7G cap analogues and eIF4G peptides. Biochemistry. 2005;44:4546-50 pubmed..Entropic contributions to binding suggesting hydrophobic interactions are larger in the mutant protein and are most likely due to a conformational change. ..
- Yang Z, Mu Z, Dabovic B, Jurukovski V, Yu D, Sung J, et al. Absence of integrin-mediated TGFbeta1 activation in vivo recapitulates the phenotype of TGFbeta1-null mice. J Cell Biol. 2007;176:787-93 pubmed..These findings indicate that RGD-binding integrins are requisite latent TGFbeta1 activators during development and in the immune system. ..
- Etchberger J, Lorch A, Sleumer M, Zapf R, Jones S, Marra M, et al. The molecular signature and cis-regulatory architecture of a C. elegans gustatory neuron. Genes Dev. 2007;21:1653-74 pubmed..Taken together, our results provide a unique view of the molecular landscape of a single neuron type and reveal an important aspect of the regulatory logic for gustatory neuron specification in C. elegans. ..
- Yakovleva L, Chen S, Hecht S, Shuman S. Chemical and traditional mutagenesis of vaccinia DNA topoisomerase provides insights to cleavage site recognition and transesterification chemistry. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:16093-103 pubmed publisher..These results underscore functional redundancy at the TopIB-DNA interface. ..
- Georgescu R, Yurieva O, Kim S, Kuriyan J, Kong X, O Donnell M. Structure of a small-molecule inhibitor of a DNA polymerase sliding clamp. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:11116-21 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the small molecule may be useful in the future to probe polymerase function with beta, and that the beta-clamp may represent an antibiotic target. ..
- Jain R, Shuman S. Polyphosphatase activity of CthTTM, a bacterial triphosphate tunnel metalloenzyme. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:31047-57 pubmed publisher..We discuss models for substrate binding in the triphosphate tunnel. ..
- Usui T, Foster S, Petrini J. Maintenance of the DNA-damage checkpoint requires DNA-damage-induced mediator protein oligomerization. Mol Cell. 2009;33:147-59 pubmed publisher..Failure to phosphorylate the Rad9 BRCT results in cytologically visible Rad9 foci. This suggests a feedback loop wherein Rad53 activity and Rad9 oligomerization are regulated to tune the DNA-damage response. ..
- Bhattacharya S, Dai Z, Li J, Baxter S, Callaway D, Cowburn D, et al. A conformational switch in the scaffolding protein NHERF1 controls autoinhibition and complex formation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:9981-94 pubmed publisher..Loss of NHERF1 expressed in cells could result in failure to assemble membrane complexes that are important for normal physiological functions. ..
- Bryk R, Arango N, Venugopal A, Warren J, Park Y, Patel M, et al. Triazaspirodimethoxybenzoyls as selective inhibitors of mycobacterial lipoamide dehydrogenase . Biochemistry. 2010;49:1616-27 pubmed publisher..Thus, nonconservation of residues lining the electron-transfer tunnel in Mtb Lpd can be exploited for development of species-selective Lpd inhibitors. ..
- Harrison O, Jin X, Hong S, Bahna F, Ahlsen G, Brasch J, et al. The extracellular architecture of adherens junctions revealed by crystal structures of type I cadherins. Structure. 2011;19:244-56 pubmed publisher..Our observations are consistent with a model for junction assembly involving strong trans and weak cis interactions localized in the ectodomain...
- Brandt J, Aziz Zaman S, Juozaityte V, Martinez Velazquez L, Petersen J, Pocock R, et al. A single gene target of an ETS-family transcription factor determines neuronal CO2-chemosensitivity. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34014 pubmed publisher..Because ETS-5 and GCY-9 are members of gene families that are conserved between nematodes and vertebrates, a similar mechanism might act in the specification of CO(2)-sensing neurons in other phyla. ..
- Zhang S, Zhao H, Darzynkiewicz Z, Zhou P, Zhang Z, Lee E, et al. A novel function of CRL4(Cdt2): regulation of the subunit structure of DNA polymerase ? in response to DNA damage and during the S phase. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:29550-61 pubmed publisher..The formation of Pol ?3 in S phase as a normal aspect of cell cycle progression leads to the novel implications that it is involved in DNA replication as well as DNA repair. ..
- Kolinjivadi A, Sannino V, De Antoni A, Zadorozhny K, Kilkenny M, Técher H, et al. Smarcal1-Mediated Fork Reversal Triggers Mre11-Dependent Degradation of Nascent DNA in the Absence of Brca2 and Stable Rad51 Nucleofilaments. Mol Cell. 2017;67:867-881.e7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Brca2 and Rad51 prevent formation of abnormal DNA replication intermediates, whose processing by Smarcal1 and Mre11 predisposes to genome instability. ..
- Pinter A, Kopelman R, Li Z, Kayman S, Sanders D. Localization of the labile disulfide bond between SU and TM of the murine leukemia virus envelope protein complex to a highly conserved CWLC motif in SU that resembles the active-site sequence of thiol-disulfide exchange enzymes. J Virol. 1997;71:8073-7 pubmed..A model is proposed in which rearrangements of the SU-TM intersubunit disulfide linkage, mediated by the CWLC sequence, play roles in the assembly and function of the Env complex. ..
- Kim A, Kakalis L, Abdul Manan N, Liu G, Rosen M. Autoinhibition and activation mechanisms of the Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein. Nature. 2000;404:151-8 pubmed..These data show that 'intrinsically unstructured' peptides such as the GTPase-binding domain of WASP can be induced into distinct structural and functional states depending on context. ..
- Rostagno A, Revesz T, Lashley T, Tomidokoro Y, Magnotti L, Braendgaard H, et al. Complement activation in chromosome 13 dementias. Similarities with Alzheimer's disease. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:49782-90 pubmed..The data suggest that the chronic inflammatory response generated by the amyloid peptides in vivo might be a contributing factor for the pathogenesis of FBD and FDD and, in more general terms, to other neurodegenerative conditions. ..
- Hausmann S, Erdjument Bromage H, Shuman S. Schizosaccharomyces pombe carboxyl-terminal domain (CTD) phosphatase Fcp1: distributive mechanism, minimal CTD substrate, and active site mapping. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:10892-900 pubmed..Our results, together with previous mutational studies, highlight a constellation of 11 amino acids that are conserved in all Fcp1 orthologs and likely comprise the active site. ..
- Cheng Y, Patel D. Crystallographic structure of the nuclease domain of 3'hExo, a DEDDh family member, bound to rAMP. J Mol Biol. 2004;343:305-12 pubmed
- McCain M, Meyer A, Schultz S, Glekas A, Spratt T. Fidelity of mispair formation and mispair extension is dependent on the interaction between the minor groove of the primer terminus and Arg668 of DNA polymerase I of Escherichia coli. Biochemistry. 2005;44:5647-59 pubmed..This is one mechanism by which the polymerase can use the geometry of the base pairs to modulate the rate of formation and extension of mispairs. ..
- Gupta Y, Lee T, Edwards T, Escalante C, Kadyrova L, Wharton R, et al. Co-occupancy of two Pumilio molecules on a single hunchback NRE. RNA. 2009;15:1029-35 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the 2 Pumilio:1 NRE complex is the functional regulatory unit in vivo. ..
- Bhanot M, Smith S. TIN2 stability is regulated by the E3 ligase Siah2. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:376-84 pubmed publisher..TPP1 was lost from telomeres, although its protein level was not reduced. We speculate that Siah2-mediated removal of TIN2 may allow dynamic remodeling of the shelterin complex and its associated factors during the cell cycle. ..
- Ouyang W, Liao W, Luo C, Yin N, Huse M, Kim M, et al. Novel Foxo1-dependent transcriptional programs control T(reg) cell function. Nature. 2012;491:554-9 pubmed publisher..These findings show that the evolutionarily ancient Akt-Foxo1 signalling module controls a novel genetic program indispensable for T(reg) cell function. ..
- Kakumanu A, Velasco S, Mazzoni E, Mahony S. Deconvolving sequence features that discriminate between overlapping regulatory annotations. PLoS Comput Biol. 2017;13:e1005795 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate the scalability of SeqUnwinder to discover cell-specific sequence features from over one hundred thousand genomic loci that display DNase I hypersensitivity in one or more ENCODE cell lines...
- Shi Y, Alin K, Goff S. Abl-interactor-1, a novel SH3 protein binding to the carboxy-terminal portion of the Abl protein, suppresses v-abl transforming activity. Genes Dev. 1995;9:2583-97 pubmed..We suggest that the Abi-1 protein may serve as a regulator of Abl function in transformation or in signal transduction. ..
- Vinkemeier U, Moarefi I, Darnell J, Kuriyan J. Structure of the amino-terminal protein interaction domain of STAT-4. Science. 1998;279:1048-52 pubmed..Mutagenesis of an invariant tryptophan residue at the heart of this interface abolished cooperative DNA binding by the full-length protein in vitro and reduced the transcriptional response after cytokine stimulation in vivo. ..
- Hall B, Malik H. Determining the evolutionary potential of a gene. Mol Biol Evol. 1998;15:1055-61 pubmed..The evolutionary potential of Ebg is thus limited to those two replacements. ..
- Russo A, Tong L, Lee J, Jeffrey P, Pavletich N. Structural basis for inhibition of the cyclin-dependent kinase Cdk6 by the tumour suppressor p16INK4a. Nature. 1998;395:237-43 pubmed..Tumour-derived mutations in INK4a and Cdk4 map to interface contacts, solidifying the role of CDK binding and inhibition in the tumour suppressor activity of p16INK4a. ..
- Rozwarski D, Vilcheze C, Sugantino M, Bittman R, Sacchettini J. Crystal structure of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis enoyl-ACP reductase, InhA, in complex with NAD+ and a C16 fatty acyl substrate. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:15582-9 pubmed..The substrate binding loop of InhA is longer than that of other enoyl-ACP reductases and creates a deeper substrate binding crevice, consistent with the ability of InhA to recognize longer chain fatty acyl substrates. ..
- Sotgia F, Lee J, Das K, Bedford M, Petrucci T, Macioce P, et al. Caveolin-3 directly interacts with the C-terminal tail of beta -dystroglycan. Identification of a central WW-like domain within caveolin family members. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:38048-58 pubmed..We discuss the possible implications of our findings in the context of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. ..
- Dans M, Gagnoux Palacios L, Blaikie P, Klein S, Mariotti A, Giancotti F. Tyrosine phosphorylation of the beta 4 integrin cytoplasmic domain mediates Shc signaling to extracellular signal-regulated kinase and antagonizes formation of hemidesmosomes. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:1494-502 pubmed..This event is required for subsequent tyrosine phosphorylation of Shc and signaling to ERK but not formation of hemidesmosomes. ..
- Razani B, Zhang X, Bitzer M, von Gersdorff G, Bottinger E, Lisanti M. Caveolin-1 regulates transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta/SMAD signaling through an interaction with the TGF-beta type I receptor. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:6727-38 pubmed..We localize the Type I TGF-beta receptor interaction to the scaffolding domain of Cav-1 and show that it occurs in a physiologically relevant time frame, acting to rapidly dampen signaling initiated by the TGF-beta receptor complex. ..
- Sun D, Leung C, Liem R. Characterization of the microtubule binding domain of microtubule actin crosslinking factor (MACF): identification of a novel group of microtubule associated proteins. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:161-172 pubmed..Plectin and desmoplakin have GSR-containing domains at their C-termini and we further demonstrate that the GSR-containing domain of plectin, but not desmoplakin, can bind to MTs in vivo. ..
- Marambaud P, Shioi J, Serban G, Georgakopoulos A, Sarner S, Nagy V, et al. A presenilin-1/gamma-secretase cleavage releases the E-cadherin intracellular domain and regulates disassembly of adherens junctions. EMBO J. 2002;21:1948-56 pubmed..Thus, the PS1/gamma-secretase system stimulates disassembly of the E-cadherin- catenin complex and increases the cytosolic pool of beta-catenin, a key regulator of the Wnt signaling pathway. ..
- Oki S, Limnander A, Danial N, Rothman P. Functional involvement of Akt signaling downstream of Jak1 in v-Abl-induced activation of hematopoietic cells. Blood. 2002;100:966-73 pubmed..These results suggest that Jak1-dependent Akt activation is important in v-Abl-mediated transformation. ..
- Vergani P, Nairn A, Gadsby D. On the mechanism of MgATP-dependent gating of CFTR Cl- channels. J Gen Physiol. 2003;121:17-36 pubmed..Based on these and other results, we propose a mechanism linking hydrolytic and gating cycles via ATP-driven dimerization of CFTR's NBDs. ..
- Rodriguez A, Batac J, Killilea A, Filopei J, Simeonov D, Lin I, et al. Protein complexes at the microtubule organizing center regulate bipolar spindle assembly. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:1246-53 pubmed..Our findings provide novel insights into regulation of the bipolar mechanism through the MTOC complex...
- Basso K, Saito M, Sumazin P, Margolin A, Wang K, Lim W, et al. Integrated biochemical and computational approach identifies BCL6 direct target genes controlling multiple pathways in normal germinal center B cells. Blood. 2010;115:975-84 pubmed publisher..These results define a broad role of BCL6 in preventing centroblasts from responding to signals leading to exit from the GC before they complete the phase of proliferative expansion and of antibody affinity maturation. ..
- Ghosh A, Shuman S, Lima C. Structural insights to how mammalian capping enzyme reads the CTD code. Mol Cell. 2011;43:299-310 pubmed publisher..Thus, capping enzymes from different taxa have evolved different strategies to read the CTD code. ..
- Liao J. Mechanical transduction mechanisms of RecA-like molecular motors. J Biomol Struct Dyn. 2011;29:497-507 pubmed..These differences in the mechanical transduction mechanisms may link to the underlying energy surface governing a Brownian ratchet or a power stroke. ..
- Houghtaling B, Canudas S, Smith S. A role for sister telomere cohesion in telomere elongation by telomerase. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:19-25 pubmed publisher..We briefly review and discuss the implications of our findings in this Extra View, and present some new data that may shed light on how sister telomere cohesion could influence telomere elongation by telomerase. ..
- Chakravarty A, Subbotin R, Chait B, Shuman S. RNA ligase RtcB splices 3'-phosphate and 5'-OH ends via covalent RtcB-(histidinyl)-GMP and polynucleotide-(3')pp(5')G intermediates. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:6072-7 pubmed publisher..RtcB is structurally sui generis, and its chemical mechanism is unique. The wide distribution of RtcB proteins in bacteria, archaea, and metazoa raises the prospect of an alternative enzymology based on covalently activated 3' ends...
- Hsieh M, Hensley P, Brenowitz M, Fetrow J. A molecular model of the inducer binding domain of the galactose repressor of Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:13825-35 pubmed
- Di Cesare P, Chen F, Moergelin M, Carlson C, Leslie M, Perris R, et al. Matrix-matrix interaction of cartilage oligomeric matrix protein and fibronectin. Matrix Biol. 2002;21:461-70 pubmed
- Zheng Z, Dutton P, Gunner M. The measured and calculated affinity of methyl- and methoxy-substituted benzoquinones for the Q(A) site of bacterial reaction centers. Proteins. 2010;78:2638-54 pubmed publisher..Calculations using a solvent-accessible surface area-dependent implicit van der Waals interaction smoothed out small clashes, providing a better match to experiment with a RMSD of 0.77 and a slope of 0.97...
- Zeng X, Xu Z, Gu J, Huang H, Gao G, Zhang X, et al. Induction of miR-137 by Isorhapontigenin (ISO) Directly Targets Sp1 Protein Translation and Mediates Its Anticancer Activity Both In Vitro and In Vivo. Mol Cancer Ther. 2016;15:512-22 pubmed publisher..Our results have provided novel insights into understanding the anticancer activity of ISO in the therapy of human bladder cancer. ..
- DiLiberto M, Lai Z, Fei H, Childs G. Developmental control of promoter-specific factors responsible for the embryonic activation and inactivation of the sea urchin early histone H3 gene. Genes Dev. 1989;3:973-85 pubmed..This approach should be useful in understanding the mechanisms used to regulate temporal patterns of gene expression during early embryogenesis...
- Sastry M, Fiala R, Patel D. Solution structure of mithramycin dimers bound to partially overlapping sites on DNA. J Mol Biol. 1995;251:674-89 pubmed
- Konforti B, Koziolkiewicz M, Konarska M. Disruption of base pairing between the 5' splice site and the 5' end of U1 snRNA is required for spliceosome assembly. Cell. 1993;75:863-73 pubmed
- Himanen J, Henkemeyer M, Nikolov D. Crystal structure of the ligand-binding domain of the receptor tyrosine kinase EphB2. Nature. 1998;396:486-91 pubmed
- Bianchi A, de Lange T. Ku binds telomeric DNA in vitro. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:21223-7 pubmed..Our results indicate that the DNA binding characteristics of Ku are consistent with its direct interaction with telomeric DNA in mammalian cells and its proposed role as a telomere end factor. ..
- Rebecchi M, Pentyala S. Structure, function, and control of phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C. Physiol Rev. 2000;80:1291-335 pubmed..In this review we consider each subtype of PLC in organisms ranging from yeast to mammals and discuss their molecular regulation and biological function...
- Barton W, Lesniak J, Biggins J, Jeffrey P, Jiang J, Rajashankar K, et al. Structure, mechanism and engineering of a nucleotidylyltransferase as a first step toward glycorandomization. Nat Struct Biol. 2001;8:545-51 pubmed..The demonstrated ability to alter nucleotidylyltransferase specificity by design is an integral component of in vitro glycosylation systems developed for the production of diverse glycorandomized libraries. ..
- Campbell E, Tupy J, Gruber T, Wang S, Sharp M, Gross C, et al. Crystal structure of Escherichia coli sigmaE with the cytoplasmic domain of its anti-sigma RseA. Mol Cell. 2003;11:1067-78 pubmed..In combination with a model of the sigma(E) holoenzyme and biochemical data, the structure reveals that RseA functions by sterically occluding the two primary binding determinants on sigma(E) for core RNA polymerase. ..
- Opalka N, Chlenov M, Chacon P, Rice W, Wriggers W, Darst S. Structure and function of the transcription elongation factor GreB bound to bacterial RNA polymerase. Cell. 2003;114:335-45 pubmed..Mutational studies confirm that these positions are critical for Gre factor function. ..
- Hu J, Hubbard S. Structural characterization of a novel Cbl phosphotyrosine recognition motif in the APS family of adapter proteins. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18943-9 pubmed..These studies reveal a novel mode of phosphopeptide interaction with the Cbl TKB domain, in which N-terminal residues distal to the phosphotyrosine directly contact residues of the four-helix bundle of the TKB domain. ..
- Ochoa Espinosa A, Yucel G, Kaplan L, Pare A, Pura N, Oberstein A, et al. The role of binding site cluster strength in Bicoid-dependent patterning in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:4960-5 pubmed..We propose that the key design principle in AP patterning is the differential integration of positive and negative transcriptional information at the level of individual CRMs for each target gene. ..
- Xu P, Oum L, Beese L, Geacintov N, Broyde S. Following an environmental carcinogen N2-dG adduct through replication: elucidating blockage and bypass in a high-fidelity DNA polymerase. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:4275-88 pubmed..In vivo, a switch to a potentially error-prone bypass polymerase likely dominates translesion bypass. ..
- Pei X, Guo X, Coppel R, Mohandas N, An X. Plasmodium falciparum erythrocyte membrane protein 3 (PfEMP3) destabilizes erythrocyte membrane skeleton. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:26754-8 pubmed..We conjecture that the loss of mechanical cohesion of the membrane may facilitate the exit of the mature merozoites from the cell. ..
- Tyagi R, Kumaran D, Burley S, Swaminathan S. X-ray structure of imidazolonepropionase from Agrobacterium tumefaciens at 1.87 A resolution. Proteins. 2007;69:652-8 pubmed
- Chen G, Li W, Zhang Q, Regulski M, Sinha N, Barditch J, et al. Identification of synaptic targets of Drosophila pumilio. PLoS Comput Biol. 2008;4:e1000026 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that the endogenous dlg1 mRNA can be regulated by Pumilio in a neuronal context, the adult mushroom bodies (MB), which is an anatomical site of memory storage. ..
- Chen L, Yang S, Jakoncic J, Zhang J, Huang X. Migrastatin analogues target fascin to block tumour metastasis. Nature. 2010;464:1062-6 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that actin cytoskeletal proteins such as fascin can be explored as new molecular targets for cancer treatment, in a similar manner to the microtubule protein tubulin...
- Blanc L, Salomao M, Guo X, An X, Gratzer W, Mohandas N. Control of erythrocyte membrane-skeletal cohesion by the spectrin-membrane linkage. Biochemistry. 2010;49:4516-23 pubmed publisher..These findings enabled us to identify an additional important functional role for the spectrin-ankyrin-band 3 link in regulating spectrin self-association in the red cell membrane. ..
- Weng G, Chen C, Balogh Nair V, Callender R, Manor D. Hydrogen bond interactions of G proteins with the guanine ring moiety of guanine nucleotides. Protein Sci. 1994;3:22-9 pubmed..Despite the structural similarity of the binding sites of EF-Tu and p21, the strengths of the observed hydrogen bonds at the 6-keto and 2-amino positions vary substantially, by up to a factor of 2.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Lim L, Fang L, Swendeman S, Sheffery M. Characterization of the molecularly cloned murine alpha-globin transcription factor CP2. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:18008-17 pubmed..These results define the CP2 factor binding site in more detail and help characterize the activities of the factor in vivo. ..
- Colgan J, Yuan H, Franke E, Luban J. Binding of the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Gag polyprotein to cyclophilin A is mediated by the central region of capsid and requires Gag dimerization. J Virol. 1996;70:4299-310 pubmed..These results define the minimal CyPA-binding domain within Gag and provide insight into the mechanism by which CyPA is incorporated into HIV-1 virions. ..
- Dosil M, Giot L, Davis C, Konopka J. Dominant-negative mutations in the G-protein-coupled alpha-factor receptor map to the extracellular ends of the transmembrane segments. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:5981-91 pubmed
- Wong B, Josien R, Lee S, Vologodskaia M, Steinman R, Choi Y. The TRAF family of signal transducers mediates NF-kappaB activation by the TRANCE receptor. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:28355-9 pubmed..Furthermore, transfection experiments with TRANCE-R deletion mutants revealed that multiple regions of the TRANCE-R can mediate NF-kappaB activation. ..
- Marcotrigiano J, Gingras A, Sonenberg N, Burley S. Cap-dependent translation initiation in eukaryotes is regulated by a molecular mimic of eIF4G. Mol Cell. 1999;3:707-16 pubmed..The implications of our results for translation initiation are discussed in detail, and a molecular mechanism for relief of translation inhibition following phosphorylation of the 4E-BPs is proposed. ..
- Tacke R, Manley J. Determinants of SR protein specificity. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 1999;11:358-62 pubmed..A number of studies during the past year have investigated the basis for SR protein specificity. ..
- Roll Mecak A, Cao C, Dever T, Burley S. X-Ray structures of the universal translation initiation factor IF2/eIF5B: conformational changes on GDP and GTP binding. Cell. 2000;103:781-92 pubmed..Mechanisms of GTPase function and ribosome binding are discussed...
- Krasnoperov V, Bittner M, Mo W, Buryanovsky L, Neubert T, Holz R, et al. Protein-tyrosine phosphatase-sigma is a novel member of the functional family of alpha-latrotoxin receptors. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:35887-95 pubmed
- Baik M, Newcomb M, Friesner R, Lippard S. Mechanistic studies on the hydroxylation of methane by methane monooxygenase. Chem Rev. 2003;103:2385-419 pubmed
- Wu Baer F, Lagrazon K, Yuan W, Baer R. The BRCA1/BARD1 heterodimer assembles polyubiquitin chains through an unconventional linkage involving lysine residue K6 of ubiquitin. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:34743-6 pubmed..The ability of BRCA1/BARD1 to form K6-linked polyubiquitin chains suggests that it may impart unique cellular properties to its natural enzymatic substrates. ..
- Bewley M, Davis C, Marohnic C, Taormina D, Barber M. The structure of the S127P mutant of cytochrome b5 reductase that causes methemoglobinemia shows the AMP moiety of the flavin occupying the substrate binding site. Biochemistry. 2003;42:13145-51 pubmed
- Weskamp G, Schlondorff J, Lum L, Becherer J, Kim T, Saftig P, et al. Evidence for a critical role of the tumor necrosis factor alpha convertase (TACE) in ectodomain shedding of the p75 neurotrophin receptor (p75NTR). J Biol Chem. 2004;279:4241-9 pubmed..Because ectodomain shedding of p75NTR releases a soluble ectodomain and could also be a prerequisite for its regulated intramembrane proteolysis, these findings may have important implications for the functional regulation of p75NTR. ..
- Mossessova E, Corpina R, Goldberg J. Crystal structure of ARF1*Sec7 complexed with Brefeldin A and its implications for the guanine nucleotide exchange mechanism. Mol Cell. 2003;12:1403-11 pubmed..Thus, the Sec7 domain may act as a dual catalyst, facilitating both nucleotide release and conformational switching on ARF proteins. ..
- Yung E, Sorin M, Wang E, Perumal S, Ott D, Kalpana G. Specificity of interaction of INI1/hSNF5 with retroviral integrases and its functional significance. J Virol. 2004;78:2222-31 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that INI1/hNSF5 is a host factor restricted for HIV-1 and that S6 acts as a highly specific and potent inhibitor of HIV-1 replication. ..
- Gu M, Fabrega C, Liu S, Liu H, Kiledjian M, Lima C. Insights into the structure, mechanism, and regulation of scavenger mRNA decapping activity. Mol Cell. 2004;14:67-80 pubmed
- Zheng R, Dam T, Brewer C, Blanchard J. Active site residues in Mycobacterium tuberculosis pantothenate synthetase required in the formation and stabilization of the adenylate intermediate. Biochemistry. 2004;43:7171-8 pubmed..These results indicate that the highly conserved His44, His47, Asn69, Gln72, Lys160 and residues are essential for the formation and stabilization of pantoyl adenylate intermediate in the pantothenate synthetase reaction. ..
- Vorobiev S, Neely H, Seetharaman J, Ma L, Xiao R, Acton T, et al. Crystal structure of AGR_C_4470p from Agrobacterium tumefaciens. Protein Sci. 2007;16:535-8 pubmed..This is supported by the presence of two homologs of AGR_C_4470p in E. coli, in addition to the ChuS protein. ..
- Del Rio A, Perez Jimenez R, Liu R, Roca Cusachs P, Fernandez J, Sheetz M. Stretching single talin rod molecules activates vinculin binding. Science. 2009;323:638-41 pubmed publisher..Such protein stretching may be a more general mechanism for force transduction. ..
- Levin E, Quick M, Zhou M. Crystal structure of a bacterial homologue of the kidney urea transporter. Nature. 2009;462:757-61 pubmed publisher..These results establish that the urea transporter operates by a channel-like mechanism and reveal the physical and chemical basis of urea selectivity. ..
- Cao Y, Jin X, Levin E, Huang H, Zong Y, Quick M, et al. Crystal structure of a phosphorylation-coupled saccharide transporter. Nature. 2011;473:50-4 pubmed publisher..The structure shows the architecture of this important class of transporters, identifies the determinants of substrate binding and phosphorylation, and provides a framework for understanding the mechanism of sugar translocation. ..