Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on base sequence in Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Massachusetts, United States
Topic: base sequence
Publications147 found, 100 shown here
- Nielsen C, Friedman B, Birren B, Burge C, Galagan J. Patterns of intron gain and loss in fungi. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:e422 pubmed..Contrary to standard models, we find no increased frequency of intron loss toward the 3' ends of genes. Thus, recent intron dynamics do not support a model whereby 5' intron positional bias is generated solely by 3'-biased intron loss. ..
- Brown K, Kindy M, Sonenshein G. Expression of the c-myb proto-oncogene in bovine vascular smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:4625-30 pubmed..Thus, expression of the c-myb oncogene plays an important role in cell cycle progression of SMCs. ..
- Lisi S, Mazzon I, White K. Diverse domains of THREAD/DIAP1 are required to inhibit apoptosis induced by REAPER and HID in Drosophila. Genetics. 2000;154:669-78 pubmed..This may reflect a requirement to block maternally provided RPR and HID, or it may indicate another function of the TH/DIAP1 protein. ..
- Campanella G, Colvin R, Luster A. CXCL10 can inhibit endothelial cell proliferation independently of CXCR3. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12700 pubmed publisher..Thus, using a very defined system, we show that CXCL10 can inhibit endothelial cell proliferation through a CXCR3-independent mechanism. ..
- Capobianco A, Chang D, Mosialos G, Gilmore T. p105, the NF-kappa B p50 precursor protein, is one of the cellular proteins complexed with the v-Rel oncoprotein in transformed chicken spleen cells. J Virol. 1992;66:3758-67 pubmed..However, in vitro association with p105 by v-Rel does not necessarily correlate with transformation, since one nontransforming v-Rel mutant can associate with p105 in vitro. ..
- Nocero M, Isshiki T, Yamamoto M, Hoffman C. Glucose repression of fbp1 transcription of Schizosaccharomyces pombe is partially regulated by adenylate cyclase activation by a G protein alpha subunit encoded by gpa2 (git8). Genetics. 1994;138:39-45 pubmed..Therefore, git3 and git5 appear to act either in concert with or independently from gpa2 (git8) to regulate adenylate cyclase activity. ..
- Huang W, Marth G. EagleView: a genome assembly viewer for next-generation sequencing technologies. Genome Res. 2008;18:1538-43 pubmed publisher..EagleView has been used in our own lab and by over 100 research labs worldwide for next-generation sequence analyses. The EagleView software is freely available for not-for-profit use at http://bioinformatics.bc.edu/marthlab/EagleView. ..
- Garcia Zepeda E, Rothenberg M, Ownbey R, Celestin J, Leder P, Luster A. Human eotaxin is a specific chemoattractant for eosinophil cells and provides a new mechanism to explain tissue eosinophilia. Nat Med. 1996;2:449-56 pubmed
- Panchenko M, Williams M, Brody J, Yu Q. Type I receptor serine-threonine kinase preferentially expressed in pulmonary blood vessels. Am J Physiol. 1996;270:L547-58 pubmed..The differential expression of multiple type I receptors within different cell lineages may therefore define cell specific responses to TGF-beta. ..
- Russek S, Farb D. Mapping of the beta 2 subunit gene (GABRB2) to microdissected human chromosome 5q34-q35 defines a gene cluster for the most abundant GABAA receptor isoform. Genomics. 1994;23:528-33 pubmed..This organization of GABAAR gene clusters may have been preserved as linkage provides a mechanism for facilitating coordinate gene expression. ..
- Bolcato Bellemin A, Mattei M, Fenton M, Amar S. Molecular cloning and characterization of mouse LITAF cDNA: role in the regulation of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) gene expression. J Endotoxin Res. 2004;10:15-23 pubmed..Taken together, these results highlight the important role of LITAF in the regulation of TNF-alpha gene expression and suggest a potential role of LITAF in mouse organogenesis. ..
- Xiao J, Feehery C, Tzertzinis G, Maina C. E. coli RNase III(E38A) generates discrete-sized products from long dsRNA. RNA. 2009;15:984-91 pubmed publisher..The RNA interference activity suggests that the 23-bp dsRNA product has typical 2-nucleotide 3' overhangs and behaves as siRNA thereby making it a useful tool in RNA interference experiments. ..
- Oldmixon B, Wood J, Ericsson T, Wilson C, White Scharf M, Andersson G, et al. Porcine endogenous retrovirus transmission characteristics of an inbred herd of miniature swine. J Virol. 2002;76:3045-8 pubmed..When HTRC PERVs were isolated from transmitting animals, all were recombinant viruses, with the receptor-binding domain of PERV-A combining with PERV-C-related sequences. ..
- Yahata T, Takedatsu H, Dunwoodie S, Braganca J, Swingler T, Withington S, et al. Cloning of mouse Cited4, a member of the CITED family p300/CBP-binding transcriptional coactivators: induced expression in mammary epithelial cells. Genomics. 2002;80:601-13 pubmed..These results implied possible roles for Cited4 in regulation of gene expression during development and differentiation of blood cells, endothelial cells, and mammary epithelial cells. ..
- Gunderson J, Goss S, Sogin M. The sequence of the Hartmannella vermiformis small subunit rRNA coding region. J Eukaryot Microbiol. 1994;41:481-2 pubmed..The coding region is 1,840 nucleotides long, and is typical of eukaryotic rRNA genes in both size and composition. Different clones contained different nucleotides at three positions...
- Baldwin C, Hoth C, Amos J, da Silva E, Milunsky A. An exonic mutation in the HuP2 paired domain gene causes Waardenburg's syndrome. Nature. 1992;355:637-8 pubmed..Identification of the Waardenburg's syndrome gene and future characterization of its gene product is likely to increase our understanding of the pathogenesis of this disorder and may allow prevention of deafness of this type. ..
- Li J, Tong S, Wands J. Identification and expression of glycine decarboxylase (p120) as a duck hepatitis B virus pre-S envelope-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:27658-65 pubmed..Cloning of the glycine decarboxylase cDNA will permit a direct test of whether it functions as a cell surface co-receptor or as a co-factor in the DHBV replication cycles. ..
- Lan T, McLaughlin L. Synthesis of a dA-dT base pair analogue and its effects on DNA-ligand binding. Bioorg Chem. 2001;29:198-210 pubmed..Similar although less dramatic results were observed with Hoechst 33258 binding to analogue sequences. ..
- D Andrea A, Lodish H, Wong G. Expression cloning of the murine erythropoietin receptor. Cell. 1989;57:277-85 pubmed..Although the MEL cell EPO-R has a single affinity with a dissociation constant of approximately 240 pM, the EPO-R cDNA, expressed in COS cells, generates both a high-affinity (30 pM) and a low-affinity (210 pM) receptor. ..
- Page D, Mosher R, Simpson E, Fisher E, Mardon G, Pollack J, et al. The sex-determining region of the human Y chromosome encodes a finger protein. Cell. 1987;51:1091-104 pubmed..The presence of similar sequences in birds suggests a possible role not only in the XX/XY sex determination system of mammals, but also in the ZZ/ZW system of birds. ..
- Graves C, Makrides E, Schmidt V, Giblin A, Cardon Z, Rand D. Functional Responses of Salt Marsh Microbial Communities to Long-Term Nutrient Enrichment. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2016;82:2862-2871 pubmed publisher..In addition, our results illustrate how whole-genome metagenomics combined with targeted hypothesis testing can reveal fine-scale responses of microbial communities to environmental disturbance. ..
- Hinkle G, Sogin M. The evolution of the Vahlkampfiidae as deduced from 16S-like ribosomal RNA analysis. J Eukaryot Microbiol. 1993;40:599-603 pubmed..The Vahlkampfiidae lineage is monophyletic, branches early along the eukaryotic line of descent, and is not a close relative of the multicellular amoebae that also reversibly transform from amoebae to flagellates...
- Gibbs J, Regier D, Desrosiers R. Construction and in vitro properties of HIV-1 mutants with deletions in "nonessential" genes. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 1994;10:343-50 pubmed..This collection of HIV-1 deletion mutants will be useful for elucidating the functions of these genes and for investigating antiviral immunity in animal models. ..
- Wilson D, Wilson M. Identification and subcellular localization of human rab5b, a new member of the ras-related superfamily of GTPases. J Clin Invest. 1992;89:996-1005 pubmed..Indirect immunofluorescence and subcellular fractionation showed that rab5b localizes to the plasma membrane. We speculate that rab5b plays a role in vesicular trafficking at the plasma membrane in various cell types. ..
- Dominov J, Dunn J, Miller J. Bcl-2 expression identifies an early stage of myogenesis and promotes clonal expansion of muscle cells. J Cell Biol. 1998;142:537-44 pubmed..This result suggests that, during clonal expansion from a muscle progenitor cell, the number of progeny obtained is greater when Bcl-2 is expressed. ..
- Jin M, Fujita M, Culley B, Apolinario E, Yamamoto M, Maundrell K, et al. sck1, a high copy number suppressor of defects in the cAMP-dependent protein kinase pathway in fission yeast, encodes a protein homologous to the Saccharomyces cerevisiae SCH9 kinase. Genetics. 1995;140:457-67 pubmed..Therefore, sck1 appears to function in a redundant fashion to pka1, but to varying degrees, in the pathways regulated by pka1. ..
- Marhamati D, Bellas R, Arsura M, Kypreos K, Sonenshein G. A-myb is expressed in bovine vascular smooth muscle cells during the late G1-to-S phase transition and cooperates with c-myc to mediate progression to S phase. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:2448-57 pubmed..Thus, these results suggest that A-myb is a potent transactivator in bovine SMCs and that its expression induces progression into S phase of the cell cycle. ..
- Vasilyev A, Liu Y, Mudumana S, Mangos S, Lam P, Majumdar A, et al. Collective cell migration drives morphogenesis of the kidney nephron. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e9 pubmed publisher..Our results establish intimate links between nephron function, fluid flow, and morphogenesis. ..
- Hake L, Richter J. CPEB is a specificity factor that mediates cytoplasmic polyadenylation during Xenopus oocyte maturation. Cell. 1994;79:617-27 pubmed..Partial restoration of polyadenylation in depleted extracts is achieved by the addition of CPEB, thus demonstrating that this protein is required for cytoplasmic polyadenylation. ..
- Lucero H, Lebeche D, Kaminer B. ERcalcistorin/protein disulfide isomerase (PDI). Sequence determination and expression of a cDNA clone encoding a calcium storage protein with PDI activity from endoplasmic reticulum of the sea urchin egg. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:23112-9 pubmed..This molecule appears to have a dual function of calcium storage and PDI activity within the ER. We hence redesignate it ERcalcistorin/PDI (ECaSt/PDI), a protein that is distinct from calsequestrin and calreticulin...
- Jackson A, Cronin K, Zachariah R, Carew J. CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein-beta participates in insulin-responsive expression of the factor VII gene. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:31156-65 pubmed..The expression of a FVII minigene directed by a segment of the native FVII promoter responded to co-expressed activating and inhibiting forms of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta. ..
- Sastry R, Wang J, Brown D, Ezekowitz R, Tauber A, Sastry K. Characterization of murine mannose-binding protein genes Mbl1 and Mbl2 reveals features common to other collectin genes. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:103-10 pubmed
- Gong B, Mabuchi K, Takahashi K, Nadal Ginard B, Tao T. Characterization of wild type and mutant chicken gizzard alpha calponin expressed in E. coli. J Biochem. 1993;114:453-6 pubmed
- Berry M, Banu L, Larsen P. Type I iodothyronine deiodinase is a selenocysteine-containing enzyme. Nature. 1991;349:438-40 pubmed..This explains why conversion of T4 to T3 is impaired in experimental selenium deficiency and identifies an essential role for this trace element in thyroid hormone action. ..
- Rishi A, Joyce Brady M, Fisher J, Dobbs L, Floros J, vanderSpek J, et al. Cloning, characterization, and development expression of a rat lung alveolar type I cell gene in embryonic endodermal and neural derivatives. Dev Biol. 1995;167:294-306 pubmed..5 onward, but is detected by in situ hybridization earlier in lung, brain and neural derivatives, and foregut. Expression is down-regulated in all but lung tissues as development proceeds. ..
- Yang Y, Goldrick D, Hong J. Identification of the products and nucleotide sequences of two regulatory genes involved in the exogenous induction of phosphoglycerate transport in Salmonella typhimurium. J Bacteriol. 1988;170:4299-303 pubmed..In the accompanying paper, we present genetic evidence that pgtB and pgtC genes are involved in the induction of the pgtP expression by modulating derepressor activity. ..
- Maranto A. Primary structure, ligand binding, and localization of the human type 3 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor expressed in intestinal epithelium. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:1222-30 pubmed..The subcellular distribution and appearance of staining is consistent with localization on the endoplasmic reticulum, with the highest concentration of staining occurring adjacent to the apical brush border of villus cells. ..
- Capobianco A, Simmons D, Gilmore T. Cloning and expression of a chicken c-rel cDNA: unlike p59v-rel, p68c-rel is a cytoplasmic protein in chicken embryo fibroblasts. Oncogene. 1990;5:257-65 pubmed..Our results show that the carboxy-terminus of p68c-rel inhibits nuclear localization of the protein, and suggest that subcellular location may be a form of regulation of the activity of p68c-rel. ..
- Mundschau L, Forman L, Weng H, Faller D. Platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) induction of egr-1 is independent of PDGF receptor autophosphorylation on tyrosine. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:16137-42 pubmed
- Brooks C, Tolan D. A partially active mutant aldolase B from a patient with hereditary fructose intolerance. FASEB J. 1994;8:107-13 pubmed
- White D, Gilmore T. Temperature-sensitive transforming mutants of the v-rel oncogene. J Virol. 1993;67:6876-81 pubmed..5 degrees C but rapidly senesced at 41.5 degrees C. Both mutant v-Rel proteins were also ts for DNA binding in vitro. These mutants may be valuable for identifying genes directly regulated by v-rel. ..
- Chen L, Haider K, Ponda M, Cariappa A, Rowitch D, Pillai S. Protein kinase C-associated kinase (PKK), a novel membrane-associated, ankyrin repeat-containing protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:21737-44 pubmed..However, PKK itself may be phosphorylated by PKCbeta. PKK represents a developmentally regulated protein kinase that can associate with membranes. The functional significance of its association with PKCbeta remains to be ascertained. ..
- Vaish N, Larralde R, Fraley A, Szostak J, McLaughlin L. A novel, modification-dependent ATP-binding aptamer selected from an RNA library incorporating a cationic functionality. Biochemistry. 2003;42:8842-51 pubmed..In addition, new materials generated from such functionalized nucleic acids could be useful tools in research and diagnostics. ..
- Dodge J, Kang Y, Beppu H, Lei H, Li E. Histone H3-K9 methyltransferase ESET is essential for early development. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2478-86 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that Eset is required for peri-implantation development and the survival of ES cells. ..
- Kapranov P, Ozsolak F, Kim S, Foissac S, Lipson D, Hart C, et al. New class of gene-termini-associated human RNAs suggests a novel RNA copying mechanism. Nature. 2010;466:642-6 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that genes are also flanked by sense, 3' polyadenylated sRNAs that are likely to be capped. ..
- Hashimoto T, Adams K, Fan Z, McLean P, Hyman B. Characterization of oligomer formation of amyloid-beta peptide using a split-luciferase complementation assay. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:27081-91 pubmed publisher..As expected, the familial AD-linked Arctic mutation (E22G) significantly enhanced oligomer formation. These data suggest that Gluc-tagged A? enables the analysis of A? oligomers. ..
- Xu S, Nugent R, Kasamkattil J, Fomenkov A, Gupta Y, Aggarwal A, et al. Characterization of type II and III restriction-modification systems from Bacillus cereus strains ATCC 10987 and ATCC 14579. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:49-60 pubmed publisher..A survey of type II and III restriction-modification (R-M) system genes is presented from sequenced B. cereus, Bacillus anthracis, and Bacillus thuringiensis strains. ..
- Mazzarelli J, Rajur S, Iadarola P, McLaughlin L. Interactions between the trp repressor and its operator sequence as studied by base analogue substitution. Biochemistry. 1992;31:5925-36 pubmed
- Samia J, Alexander S, Horton K, Auron P, Byers M, Shows T, et al. Chromosomal organization and localization of the human urokinase inhibitor gene: perfect structural conservation with ovalbumin. Genomics. 1990;6:159-67 pubmed..A promoter "TATAAAbox" is located 30 bp upstream of the "cap" site.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Sampath T, Coughlin J, Whetstone R, Banach D, Corbett C, Ridge R, et al. Bovine osteogenic protein is composed of dimers of OP-1 and BMP-2A, two members of the transforming growth factor-beta superfamily. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:13198-205 pubmed..The 18-kDa subunit is the protein product of the bovine equivalent of the human OP-1 gene and the 16-kDa subunit is the protein product of the bovine equivalent of the human BMP-2A gene. ..
- Sif S, Gilmore T. NF-kappa B p100 is one of the high-molecular-weight proteins complexed with the v-Rel oncoprotein in transformed chicken spleen cells. J Virol. 1993;67:7612-7 pubmed..Using cDNAs for chicken NF-kappa B p105, NF-kappa B p100, c-Rel, and v-Rel, we show that one of the complexes in v-Rel-transformed spleen cells can be reconstituted in vitro. ..
- Ramachandran B, Yu G, Li S, Zhu B, Gulick T. Myocyte enhancer factor 2A is transcriptionally autoregulated. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:10318-29 pubmed..The sole MEF2 gene of the cephalochordate amphioxus has a similar regulatory region structure, suggesting that this mode of autoregulatory control is conserved among higher metazoan MEF2 genes. ..
- Shen B, Tai P, Pritchard A, Vasil M. Nucleotide sequences and expression in Escherichia coli of the in-phase overlapping Pseudomonas aeruginosa plcR genes. J Bacteriol. 1987;169:4602-7 pubmed..These results indicate the expression of Pseudomonas in-phase overlapping genes in E. coli. ..
- Manrique J, Piatak M, Lauer W, Johnson W, Mansfield K, Lifson J, et al. Influence of mismatch of Env sequences on vaccine protection by live attenuated simian immunodeficiency virus. J Virol. 2013;87:7246-54 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that anti-Env immune responses are a key component of the protective immunity elicited by live attenuated, nef-deleted SIV. ..
- Zygiel E, Noren K, Adamkiewicz M, Aprile R, Bowditch H, Carroll C, et al. Various mutations compensate for a deleterious lacZ? insert in the replication enhancer of M13 bacteriophage. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176421 pubmed publisher..We also examine the presence and relevance of fast-propagating mutants in phage-displayed peptide libraries. ..
- Koleske A, Buratowski S, Nonet M, Young R. A novel transcription factor reveals a functional link between the RNA polymerase II CTD and TFIID. Cell. 1992;69:883-94 pubmed..This study implicates the CTD in recruitment of RNA polymerase II to the transcription initiation complex. ..
- Watkins D, McAdam S, Liu X, Strang C, Milford E, Levine C, et al. New recombinant HLA-B alleles in a tribe of South American Amerindians indicate rapid evolution of MHC class I loci. Nature. 1992;357:329-33 pubmed..These studies underline the importance of gathering genetic data on endangered native human populations. ..
- Elion E, Grisafi P, Fink G. FUS3 encodes a cdc2+/CDC28-related kinase required for the transition from mitosis into conjugation. Cell. 1990;60:649-64 pubmed..The predicted FUS3 protein is 35% identical to the cdc2+/CDC28 kinases and 52% identical to the KSS1 predicted kinase. ..
- Lucero H, Chojnicki E, Mandiyan S, Nelson H, Nelson N. Cloning and expression of a yeast gene encoding a protein with ATPase activity and high identity to the subunit 4 of the human 26 S protease. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:9178-84 pubmed..N-Ethylmaleimide inhibits the ATPase activity of both forms of Yhs4p. We propose that Yhs4p ATPase may play an essential role in the regulatory function of the proteolytic activity of the yeast 26 S protease. ..
- Lavie A, Allen K, Petsko G, Ringe D. X-ray crystallographic structures of D-xylose isomerase-substrate complexes position the substrate and provide evidence for metal movement during catalysis. Biochemistry. 1994;33:5469-80 pubmed..Calculations of the solvent-accessible surface of possible dimers, with and without the alpha-helical C-terminal domain, suggest that the tetramer is the active form of this xylose isomerase. ..
- Lu Y, Settleman J. The Drosophila Pkn protein kinase is a Rho/Rac effector target required for dorsal closure during embryogenesis. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1168-80 pubmed
- Pastor Soler N, Beaulieu V, Litvin T, Da Silva N, Chen Y, Brown D, et al. Bicarbonate-regulated adenylyl cyclase (sAC) is a sensor that regulates pH-dependent V-ATPase recycling. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:49523-9 pubmed..As sAC is expressed in other acid/base transporting epithelia, including kidney and choroid plexus, this cAMP-dependent signal transduction pathway may be a widespread mechanism that allows cells to sense and modulate extracellular pH. ..
- Ramachandran B, Yu G, Gulick T. Nuclear respiratory factor 1 controls myocyte enhancer factor 2A transcription to provide a mechanism for coordinate expression of respiratory chain subunits. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:11935-46 pubmed publisher..Our findings also account for the previously described indirect regulation by NRF1 of other MEF2 targets in muscle such as GLUT4. ..
- Schuger L, Varani J, Killen P, Skubitz A, Gilbride K. Laminin expression in the mouse lung increases with development and stimulates spontaneous organotypic rearrangement of mixed lung cells. Dev Dyn. 1992;195:43-54 pubmed..We conclude that laminin is critical for epithelial-mesenchymal recognition and further morphogenic interaction during both the embryonic and fetal stages of lung development. ..
- Iuchi S, Matsuda Z, Fujiwara T, Lin E. The arcB gene of Escherichia coli encodes a sensor-regulator protein for anaerobic repression of the arc modulon. Mol Microbiol. 1990;4:715-27 pubmed..Deletion into this domain destroyed ArcB function. ArcB conserved a histidine residue for autophosphorylation of the sensor proteins, and aspartic residues important for the regulator proteins. ..
- Mundschau L, Faller D. Platelet-derived growth factor signal transduction through the interferon-inducible kinase PKR. Immediate early gene induction. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:3100-6 pubmed..These results provide direct evidence that PKR activation functions as a second messenger in a growth factor signal transduction pathway. Thus, PKR may serve as a common mediator of growth-promoting and growth inhibitory signals. ..
- Brown M, Begley G, Czerwiec E, Stenberg L, Jacobs M, Kalume D, et al. Precursors of novel Gla-containing conotoxins contain a carboxy-terminal recognition site that directs gamma-carboxylation. Biochemistry. 2005;44:9150-9 pubmed..It also provides the first formal evidence to prove that gamma-carboxylation occurs as a post-translational rather than a cotranslational process. ..
- Longmore G, Lodish H. An activating mutation in the murine erythropoietin receptor induces erythroleukemia in mice: a cytokine receptor superfamily oncogene. Cell. 1991;67:1089-102 pubmed..The activated erythropoietin receptor does not transform cultured fibroblasts, suggesting why oncogenic mutations in other members of this receptor superfamily have not been detected. ..
- Marchionni M, Goodearl A, Chen M, Bermingham McDonogh O, Kirk C, Hendricks M, et al. Glial growth factors are alternatively spliced erbB2 ligands expressed in the nervous system. Nature. 1993;362:312-8 pubmed..These factors are probably important in the development and regeneration of the nervous system. ..
- Lee M, Williams B, Mulligan G, Mukai S, Bronson R, Dyson N, et al. Targeted disruption of p107: functional overlap between p107 and Rb. Genes Dev. 1996;10:1621-32 pubmed..These results provide the first in vivo evidence that p107 and Rb have overlapping functions in some tissues of the developing and adult mouse...
- Gast R, Dennett M, Caron D. Characterization of protistan assemblages in the Ross Sea, Antarctica, by denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2004;70:2028-37 pubmed..Sequence analysis of selected DGGE bands revealed sequences that represent diatoms, dinoflagellates, ciliates, flagellates, and several unidentified eukaryotes. ..
- Senter E, Sheikh S, Dotu I, Ponty Y, Clote P. Using the fast fourier transform to accelerate the computational search for RNA conformational switches. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50506 pubmed publisher..A web server is available at http://bioinformatics.bc.edu/clotelab/FFTbor/. ..
- Daniel M, Li Y, Naidu Y, Durda P, Schmidt D, Troup C, et al. Simian immunodeficiency virus from African green monkeys. J Virol. 1988;62:4123-8 pubmed
- McLean P, Farb D, Russek S. Mapping of the alpha 4 subunit gene (GABRA4) to human chromosome 4 defines an alpha 2-alpha 4-beta 1-gamma 1 gene cluster: further evidence that modern GABAA receptor gene clusters are derived from an ancestral cluster. Genomics. 1995;26:580-6 pubmed
- Wang Z, Morris D, Rothstein T. Constitutive and inducible levels of egr-1 and c-myc early growth response gene expression in self-renewing B-1 lymphocytes. Cell Immunol. 1995;162:309-14 pubmed
- Gibbs J, Regier D, Desrosiers R. Construction and in vitro properties of SIVmac mutants with deletions in "nonessential" genes. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 1994;10:333-42 pubmed
- Zhang Y, Fox J, Ho Y, Zhang L, Stills H, Smith T. Comparison of the major outer-membrane protein (MOMP) gene of mouse pneumonitis (MoPn) and hamster SFPD strains of Chlamydia trachomatis with other Chlamydia strains. Mol Biol Evol. 1993;10:1327-42 pubmed publisher..The branching pattern of this evolutionary tree is generally consistent with current classification based on serological, morphological, and other biological characteristics...
- La Rosa F, Pierce J, Sonenshein G. Differential regulation of the c-myc oncogene promoter by the NF-kappa B rel family of transcription factors. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:1039-44 pubmed..Thus, individual members of the rel family have differential effects of the c-myc promoter, which can modulate overall transcriptional activity and allow for precise regulation of this oncogene under diverse physiologic conditions. ..
- Ferson A, Wray L, Fisher S. Expression of the Bacillus subtilis gabP gene is regulated independently in response to nitrogen and amino acid availability. Mol Microbiol. 1996;22:693-701 pubmed..Regulation of gabP expression by the CodY and TnrA regulatory systems, which respond to different physiological signals, allows for a wide range of gabP expression during growth on various nitrogen sources. ..
- Xu X, Rich E, Seldin D. Murine protein kinase CK2 alpha': cDNA and genomic cloning and chromosomal mapping. Genomics. 1998;48:79-86 pubmed..A polymorphic dinucleotide repeat in the fifth intron allowed us to map the CK2 alpha' gene to murine Chromosome 8. ..
- Martin S, Heinrich G, Sandell J. Sequence and expression of glutamic acid decarboxylase isoforms in the developing zebrafish. J Comp Neurol. 1998;396:253-66 pubmed..The zebrafish GAD65 and GAD67 are present in identified neurons in the forebrain, midbrain, hindbrain, and spinal cord, and they catalyze the production of GABA in the developing embryo. ..
- Lue S, Kelley S. An aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase with a defunct editing site. Biochemistry. 2005;44:3010-6 pubmed..This enhanced specificity must compensate for the presence of a defunct editing site and ensures translational accuracy. ..
- Dinauer M, Curnutte J, Rosen H, Orkin S. A missense mutation in the neutrophil cytochrome b heavy chain in cytochrome-positive X-linked chronic granulomatous disease. J Clin Invest. 1989;84:2012-6 pubmed..The mechanism by which the Pro 415----His mutation renders the oxidase nonfunctional is unknown, but may involve an impaired interaction with other components of the oxidase. ..
- Claffey K, Herrera V, Brecher P, Ruiz Opazo N. Cloning and tissue distribution of rat heart fatty acid binding protein mRNA: identical forms in heart and skeletal muscle. Biochemistry. 1987;26:7900-4 pubmed..The structural differences between heart FABP and other members of this multigene family may be related to the functional requirements of oxidative muscle for fatty acids as a fuel source. ..
- Glick D, Hellmich M, Beushausen S, Tempst P, Bayley H, Strumwasser F. Primary structure of a molluscan egg-specific NADase, a second-messenger enzyme. Cell Regul. 1991;2:211-8 pubmed publisher..85 kb. In situ hybridization analysis of cryostat sections from ovotestis has shown that the NADase mRNA is restricted to the immature ova, although the NADase protein is present in both immature and mature eggs...
- Ohta T, Isselbacher K, Rhoads D. Regulation of glucose transporters in LLC-PK1 cells: effects of D-glucose and monosaccharides. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:6491-9 pubmed..Since the pattern of SGLT1 and GLUT-1 expression differed, particularly in low D-glucose or in the presence of D-galactose, we suggest that the two transporters are regulated independently. ..
- Murthy S, Trimble J, Desrosiers R. Deletion mutants of herpesvirus saimiri define an open reading frame necessary for transformation. J Virol. 1989;63:3307-14 pubmed..5 kilobases). Although some analogies can be drawn between STP and LMP (lymphocyte membrane protein) of Epstein-Barr virus, STP is not related in sequence to LMP...
- Schatz D, Oettinger M, Baltimore D. The V(D)J recombination activating gene, RAG-1. Cell. 1989;59:1035-48 pubmed..RAG-1 may activate V(D)J recombination indirectly, or it may encode the V(D)J recombinase itself. ..
- Chen N, Paulus H. Mechanism of expression of the overlapping genes of Bacillus subtilis aspartokinase II. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:9526-32 pubmed..Whether the beta subunit has a function specific to B. subtilis needs to be explored in a homologous expression system. ..