Experts and Doctors on bacterial antibodies in California, United States
Locale: California, United States
Topic: bacterial antibodies
- Perry S, de Jong B, Solnick J, de la Luz Sanchez M, Yang S, Lin P, et al. Infection with Helicobacter pylori is associated with protection against tuberculosis. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8804 pubmed publisher..That immunity to TB may be enhanced by exposure to other microbial agents may have important implications for vaccine development and disease control. ..
- Ugozzoli M, Mariani M, Del Giudice G, Soenawan E, O Hagan D. Combinations of protein polysaccharide conjugate vaccines for intranasal immunization. J Infect Dis. 2002;186:1358-61 pubmed..These studies support the rationale for developing mucosal vaccines, based on combining protein polysaccharide conjugates with heat-labile E. coli enterotoxin mutants, for infants and young children...
- Smith H, Reporter R, Rood M, Linscott A, Mascola L, Hogrefe W, et al. Prevalence study of antibody to ratborne pathogens and other agents among patients using a free clinic in downtown Los Angeles. J Infect Dis. 2002;186:1673-6 pubmed..6%; to Bartonella elizabethae, 12.5%; to B. quintana, 9.5%; to B. henselae, 3.5%; to Seoul virus, 0.5%; and to Rickettsia typhi, 0.0%. This study found that patients and locally trapped rats had antibodies to some of the same agents. ..
- Perry S, Sanchez L, Yang S, Haggerty T, Hurst P, Parsonnet J. Helicobacter pylori and risk of gastroenteritis. J Infect Dis. 2004;190:303-10 pubmed..H. pylori did not increase the risk of gastroenteritis in these households. A strong negative association between H. pylori infection and gastroenteritis is likely explained by prior exposure and immunity to other enteric pathogens. ..
- Scobie H, Wigelsworth D, Marlett J, Thomas D, Rainey G, Lacy D, et al. Anthrax toxin receptor 2-dependent lethal toxin killing in vivo. PLoS Pathog. 2006;2:e111 pubmed..Moreover, a D683K mutant form of PA that bound specifically to human and rat ANTXR2 mediated killing of rats by anthrax lethal toxin, providing strong evidence for the physiological importance of ANTXR2 in anthrax disease pathogenesis. ..