Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on antineoplastic agents in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Topic: antineoplastic agents
Publications465 found, 100 shown here
- Sarkaria I, Iyoda A, Roh M, Sica G, Kuk D, Sima C, et al. Neoadjuvant and adjuvant chemotherapy in resected pulmonary large cell neuroendocrine carcinomas: a single institution experience. Ann Thorac Surg. 2011;92:1180-6; discussion 1186-7 pubmed publisher..Resected advanced-stage patients receiving combination neoadjuvant and (or) adjuvant chemotherapy may have a survival advantage. These therapies should be considered in resectable patients with LCNEC. ..
- Yellen P, Saqcena M, Salloum D, Feng J, Preda A, Xu L, et al. High-dose rapamycin induces apoptosis in human cancer cells by dissociating mTOR complex 1 and suppressing phosphorylation of 4E-BP1. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:3948-56 pubmed publisher..This study reveals that the apoptotic effect of rapamycin requires doses that completely dissociate Raptor from mTORC1 and suppress that phosphorylation of 4E-BP1 and inhibit eIF4E. ..
- Iasonos A, Sabbatini P, Spriggs D, Aghajanian C, O Cearbhaill R, Hensley M, et al. Identifying clinical improvement in consolidation single-arm phase 2 trials in patients with ovarian cancer in second or greater clinical remission. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2012;22:63-9 pubmed publisher..If IT is given after SLT, the duration of SLT should be taken into account in the design stage because it will affect statistical power and sample size. ..
- Brandon M, Mi L, Chaung W, Teebor G, Boorstein R. 5-chloro-2'-deoxyuridine cytotoxicity results from base excision repair of uracil subsequent to thymidylate synthase inhibition. Mutat Res. 2000;459:161-9 pubmed..Our results demonstrated that while CldUrd is not directly repaired from DNA, its cytotoxicity is directly due to the UDG removing uracil subsequent to inhibition of thymidylate synthase by CldUMP. ..
- Buck E, Eyzaguirre A, Rosenfeld Franklin M, Thomson S, Mulvihill M, Barr S, et al. Feedback mechanisms promote cooperativity for small molecule inhibitors of epidermal and insulin-like growth factor receptors. Cancer Res. 2008;68:8322-32 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data show that resistance to inhibition of MEK, mTOR, and EGFR is associated with enhanced IGF-IR-directed Akt signaling, where all affect feedback loops converging at the level of IRS-1. ..
- Laudano M, Barlow L, Murphy A, Petrylak D, Desai M, Benson M, et al. Long-term clinical outcomes of a phase I trial of intravesical docetaxel in the management of non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer refractory to standard intravesical therapy. Urology. 2010;75:134-7 pubmed publisher..After 4 years of follow-up without maintenance therapy, intravesical docetaxel has demonstrated the ability to prevent recurrence in a select number of patients with refractory NMI bladder cancer and warrants further investigation. ..
- Ladas E, Kroll D, Oberlies N, Cheng B, Ndao D, Rheingold S, et al. A randomized, controlled, double-blind, pilot study of milk thistle for the treatment of hepatotoxicity in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Cancer. 2010;116:506-13 pubmed publisher..MT did not antagonize the effects of chemotherapy agents used for the treatment of ALL. Future study is needed to determine the most effective dose and duration of MT and its effect on hepatotoxicity and leukemia-free survival. ..
- Wright J, Barrena Medel N, Sehouli J, Fujiwara K, Herzog T. Contemporary management of endometrial cancer. Lancet. 2012;379:1352-60 pubmed publisher..International cooperation in clinical trials will hasten progress in treatment of this ubiquitous cancer. ..
- Anderson R, Kennedy B, Yanes C, Garvin J, Needle M, Canoll P, et al. Convection-enhanced delivery of topotecan into diffuse intrinsic brainstem tumors in children. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2013;11:289-95 pubmed publisher..More studies are needed to improve patient selection and determine the optimal flow rates for CED of chemotherapeutic agents into DIPG to maximize safety and efficacy. Clinical trial registration no.: NCT00324844...
- Rosen A, Case E, Dusza S, Balagula Y, Gordon J, West D, et al. Impact of dermatologic adverse events on quality of life in 283 cancer patients: a questionnaire study in a dermatology referral clinic. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2013;14:327-33 pubmed publisher..EGFR inhibitor rash and pruritus produced the greatest negative impact. ..
- Kwon E, Drake C, Scher H, Fizazi K, Bossi A, van den Eertwegh A, et al. Ipilimumab versus placebo after radiotherapy in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer that had progressed after docetaxel chemotherapy (CA184-043): a multicentre, randomised, double-blind, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:700-12 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to assess the use of ipilimumab after radiotherapy in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer that progressed after docetaxel chemotherapy...
- Park J, Gandhi N, Carducci M, Eisenberger M, Baras A, Netto G, et al. A Retrospective Analysis of the Effect on Survival of Time from Diagnosis to Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy to Cystectomy for Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer. J Urol. 2016;195:880-5 pubmed publisher..The timing of radical cystectomy in relation to muscle invasive bladder cancer diagnosis date does not significantly impact overall survival in patients with muscle invasive bladder cancer receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy. ..
- Toro Salazar O, Ferranti J, Lorenzoni R, Walling S, Mazur W, Raman S, et al. Feasibility of Echocardiographic Techniques to Detect Subclinical Cancer Therapeutics-Related Cardiac Dysfunction among High-Dose Patients When Compared with Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2016;29:119-31 pubmed publisher
- Sherman E, Dunn L, Ho A, Baxi S, Ghossein R, Fury M, et al. Phase 2 study evaluating the combination of sorafenib and temsirolimus in the treatment of radioactive iodine-refractory thyroid cancer. Cancer. 2017;123:4114-4121 pubmed publisher..Activity is also observed in patients who previously received sorafenib. This regimen warrants further investigation. Cancer 2017;123:4114-4121. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Prasad V, Mailankody S. Research and Development Spending to Bring a Single Cancer Drug to Market and Revenues After Approval. JAMA Intern Med. 2017;177:1569-1575 pubmed publisher..A recent estimate of R&D spending is $2.7 billion (2017 US dollars). However, this analysis lacks transparency and independent replication...
- Goluboff E. Exisulind, a selective apoptotic antineoplastic drug. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2001;10:1875-82 pubmed
- Ghafar M, Golliday E, Bingham J, Mansukhani M, Anastasiadis A, Katz A. Regression of prostate cancer following administration of Genistein Combined Polysaccharide (GCP), a nutritional supplement: a case report. J Altern Complement Med. 2002;8:493-7 pubmed
- Miller V, Kris M, Shah N, Patel J, Azzoli C, Gomez J, et al. Bronchioloalveolar pathologic subtype and smoking history predict sensitivity to gefitinib in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2004;22:1103-9 pubmed..These observations may provide clues to mechanisms determining sensitivity to this agent and suggest that NSCLC has a different biology in patients who never smoked and those with bronchioloalveolar carcinoma. ..
- Feldman D, Kondagunta G, Ginsberg M, Ishill N, Patil S, Cestaro J, et al. Phase II trial of ixabepilone in patients with cisplatin-refractory germ cell tumors. Invest New Drugs. 2007;25:487-90 pubmed..For patients who had previously received taxane therapy, ixabepilone was not efficacious in the treatment of cisplatin-refractory GCT. ..
- Martin N, Kim J, Abramson D. Fibrin sealant for retinoblastoma: where are we?. J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. 2008;24:433-8 pubmed publisher..This review integrates the recent ophthalmology and pharmaceutics literature on the potential role of fibrin sealants for periocular chemotherapy administration in the treatment of retinoblastoma...
- Power D, Kemeny N. Nasal septum perforation and bevacizumab. Med Oncol. 2011;28:89-93 pubmed publisher..Herein, we report three cases of spontaneous nasal septum perforation secondary to bevacizumab. We hypothesize an etiology for this rare event and reasons why it is reasonable to rechallenge the patient...
- Likar Y, Zurita J, Dobrenkov K, Shenker L, Cai S, Neschadim A, et al. A new pyrimidine-specific reporter gene: a mutated human deoxycytidine kinase suitable for PET during treatment with acycloguanosine-based cytotoxic drugs. J Nucl Med. 2010;51:1395-403 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the prosuicidal activity of these reporters with pyrimidine-based analogs will allow for the safe elimination of transduced cells. ..
- Galsky M, Hahn N, Rosenberg J, Sonpavde G, Hutson T, Oh W, et al. Treatment of patients with metastatic urothelial cancer "unfit" for Cisplatin-based chemotherapy. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29:2432-8 pubmed publisher..A uniform definition of unfit patients will lead to more uniform clinical trials, enhanced ability to interpret the results of these trials, and a greater likelihood of developing a viable strategy for regulatory approval. ..
- Cheng S, Coffey G, Zhang X, Shaknovich R, Song Z, Lu P, et al. SYK inhibition and response prediction in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Blood. 2011;118:6342-52 pubmed publisher..The results further suggest the possibility of using PLC?2 and AKT as biomarkers to predict therapeutic response in prospective clinical trials of specific SYK inhibitors. ..
- Knisely J, Yu J, Flanigan J, Sznol M, Kluger H, Chiang V. Radiosurgery for melanoma brain metastases in the ipilimumab era and the possibility of longer survival. J Neurosurg. 2012;117:227-33 pubmed publisher..9 to 21.3 months, with a 2-year survival rate of 19.7% versus 47.2%. This association between ipilimumab and prolonged survival remains significant even after adjustment for performance status without an increased need for salvage WBRT. ..
- Motzer R, Escudier B, Tomczak P, Hutson T, Michaelson M, Negrier S, et al. Axitinib versus sorafenib as second-line treatment for advanced renal cell carcinoma: overall survival analysis and updated results from a randomised phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2013;14:552-62 pubmed publisher..These results establish axitinib as a second-line treatment option for patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma. Pfizer Inc. ..
- Negrier S, Bushmakin A, Cappelleri J, Korytowsky B, Sandin R, Charbonneau C, et al. Assessment of progression-free survival as a surrogate end-point for overall survival in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma. Eur J Cancer. 2014;50:1766-1771 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that PFS can act as a surrogate end-point for OS in the first-line mRCC setting and provide clinical researchers with a potentially useful approach to estimate median PPS based on PFS. ..
- Ruiz de Sabando A, Wang C, He Y, GarcÃa Barros M, Kim J, Shroyer K, et al. ML264, A Novel Small-Molecule Compound That Potently Inhibits Growth of Colorectal Cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2016;15:72-83 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that ML264, or an analogue, may hold a promise as a novel therapeutic agent to curb the development and progression of colorectal cancer. ..
- Eliyahu E, Shtraizent N, He X, Chen D, Shalgi R, Schuchman E. Identification of cystatin SA as a novel inhibitor of acid ceramidase. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:35624-33 pubmed publisher..Such peptide-based AC inhibitors could potentially be used to regulate AC activity in cancer cells that are known to overexpress this enzyme alone and in combination with conventional anti-cancer drugs. ..
- Moskowitz C, Nademanee A, Masszi T, Agura E, Holowiecki J, Abidi M, et al. Brentuximab vedotin as consolidation therapy after autologous stem-cell transplantation in patients with Hodgkin's lymphoma at risk of relapse or progression (AETHERA): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial. Lancet. 2015;385:1853-62 pubmed publisher..This treatment provides an important therapeutic option for patients undergoing autologous stem-cell transplantation. Seattle Genetics and Takeda Pharmaceuticals International. ..
- Modi S, Seidman A, Dickler M, Moasser M, D Andrea G, Moynahan M, et al. A phase II trial of imatinib mesylate monotherapy in patients with metastatic breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2005;90:157-63 pubmed..Imatinib therapy at doses of 800 mg/day was associated with significant toxicity in patients with heavily pre-treated MBC. Our results do not indicate activity for imatinib monotherapy in these unselected patients. ..
- Shayegan B, Carver B, Stasi J, Motzer R, Bosl G, Sheinfeld J. Clinical outcome following post-chemotherapy retroperitoneal lymph node dissection in men with intermediate- and poor-risk nonseminomatous germ cell tumour. BJU Int. 2007;99:993-7 pubmed..Our data suggest that the tumour response to chemotherapy, coupled with complete resection of all residual masses, predicts long-term freedom from disease progression. ..
- Goel S, Cohen M, Cömezoğlu S, Perrin L, Andre F, Jayabalan D, et al. The effect of ketoconazole on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of ixabepilone: a first in class epothilone B analogue in late-phase clinical development. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:2701-9 pubmed publisher..Strong inhibitors of CYP3A4 should be used cautiously in the context of ixabepilone dosing. ..
- Kinkade C, Castillo Martin M, Puzio Kuter A, Yan J, Foster T, Gao H, et al. Targeting AKT/mTOR and ERK MAPK signaling inhibits hormone-refractory prostate cancer in a preclinical mouse model. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:3051-64 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose that combination therapy targeting AKT/mTOR and ERK MAPK signaling pathways may be an effective treatment for patients with advanced prostate cancer, in particular those with hormone-refractory disease. ..
- Oktem O, Oktay K. Fertility preservation for breast cancer patients. Semin Reprod Med. 2009;27:486-92 pubmed publisher..Ovarian tissue freezing could also be an option in breast cancer patients who do not wish or have a time for an in vitro fertilization cycle, which requires 10 to 14 days of ovarian stimulation. ..
- Gobin Y, Dunkel I, Marr B, Brodie S, Abramson D. Intra-arterial chemotherapy for the management of retinoblastoma: four-year experience. Arch Ophthalmol. 2011;129:732-7 pubmed publisher..Retinoblastoma often presents with advanced intraocular disease and, despite conventional treatment with intravenous chemotherapy and external beam radiation therapy, may still require enucleation...
- Singh G, Chan A. Post-translational modifications of PTEN and their potential therapeutic implications. Curr Cancer Drug Targets. 2011;11:536-47 pubmed..The potential applications to cancer therapy by modulating the post-translational modifications of PTEN will also be discussed. ..
- Chen C, Kim H, Liska D, Gao S, Christensen J, Weiser M. MET activation mediates resistance to lapatinib inhibition of HER2-amplified gastric cancer cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2012;11:660-9 pubmed publisher..Development of inhibitors targeting multiple receptors or common downstream signaling proteins merits further investigation. ..
- Nicolini F, Basak G, Kim D, Olavarria E, Pinilla Ibarz J, Apperley J, et al. Overall survival with ponatinib versus allogeneic stem cell transplantation in Philadelphia chromosome-positive leukemias with the T315I mutation. Cancer. 2017;123:2875-2880 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to compare overall survival (OS) between patients with CML and those with Ph+ ALL who received treatment with ponatinib versus allogeneic stem cell transplantation (allo-SCT)...
- Rogers S, Garcia C, Wu S. Discontinuation of Everolimus Due to Related and Unrelated Adverse Events in Cancer Patients: A Meta-Analysis. Cancer Invest. 2017;35:552-561 pubmed publisher..3% and 4.7% respectively. Relative risk of everolimus discontinuation due to related AE was 2.60. Risk of discontinuation varied by tumor type, however everolimus dose or concomitant chemotherapy was not significant. ..
- Liu J, Laufer E, Jessell T. Assigning the positional identity of spinal motor neurons: rostrocaudal patterning of Hox-c expression by FGFs, Gdf11, and retinoids. Neuron. 2001;32:997-1012 pubmed
- Desikan R, Veksler Y, Raza S, Stokes B, Sabir T, Li Z, et al. Nephrotic proteinuria associated with high-dose pamidronate in multiple myeloma. Br J Haematol. 2002;119:496-9 pubmed..One other patient continued to show elevated creatinine levels (272.8 micro mol/l). Renal biopsies obtained in two patients revealed focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. ..
- Komata T, Kanzawa T, Takeuchi H, Germano I, Schreiber M, Kondo Y, et al. Antitumour effect of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors (p16(INK4A), p18(INK4C), p19(INK4D), p21(WAF1/CIP1) and p27(KIP1)) on malignant glioma cells. Br J Cancer. 2003;88:1277-80 pubmed..Overall, our findings suggest that gene transfer of p27(KIP1) may be a promising approach for the therapy of malignant gliomas. ..
- Geney R, Chen J, Ojima I. Recent advances in the new generation taxane anticancer agents. Med Chem. 2005;1:125-39 pubmed..g. decosahexaenoic acid (DHA), has exhibited impressive antitumor activity with minimum general toxicity against the highly drug-resistant DLD-1 human colon cancer xenografts in SCID mice. ..
- Yang C, Jo S, Csernus B, Hyjek E, Liu Y, Chadburn A, et al. Activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma contributes to the survival of T lymphoma cells by affecting cellular metabolism. Am J Pathol. 2007;170:722-32 pubmed..These findings highlight the need for further investigation into the role of PPARgamma in cancer before widespread use of its agonists as anticancer therapeutics. ..
- Katz M, Lee M, Gupta M. Setting a new standard for topical therapy of upper-tract transitional-cell carcinoma: BCG and interferon-alpha2B. J Endourol. 2007;21:374-7; discussion 377 pubmed..There were no side effects or complications with the instillation therapy. We describe a safe, minimally invasive, and effective office-based technique for upper-tract BCG-IFN instillation. ..
- Paoluzzi L, Gonen M, Bhagat G, Furman R, Gardner J, Scotto L, et al. The BH3-only mimetic ABT-737 synergizes the antineoplastic activity of proteasome inhibitors in lymphoid malignancies. Blood. 2008;112:2906-16 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that ABT-737 alone or in combination with a proteasome inhibitor represents a novel and potentially important platform for the treatment of B-cell malignancies. ..
- Oskarsson T, Nagorny P, Krauss I, Perez L, Mandal M, Yang G, et al. Diverted total synthesis leads to the generation of promising cell-migration inhibitors for treatment of tumor metastasis: in vivo and mechanistic studies on the migrastatin core ether analog. J Am Chem Soc. 2010;132:3224-8 pubmed publisher..Both in vivo and in vitro studies indicate that ME exhibits a concentration-dependent inhibitory effect on migration of breast cancer cells. ..
- Chen S, Zhao X, Chen J, Chen J, Kuznetsova L, Wong S, et al. Mechanism-based tumor-targeting drug delivery system. Validation of efficient vitamin receptor-mediated endocytosis and drug release. Bioconjug Chem. 2010;21:979-87 pubmed publisher..This mechanism-based tumor-targeting drug delivery system will find a range of applications. ..
- Patel M, Paulus Y, Gobin Y, Djaballah H, Marr B, Dunkel I, et al. Intra-arterial and oral digoxin therapy for retinoblastoma. Ophthalmic Genet. 2011;32:147-50 pubmed publisher..Preclinical studies demonstrate that cardiac glycosides such as ouabain and digoxin have antitumor effects on retinoblastoma cells in vitro and in a xenograft murine model of retinoblastoma...
- Doyle Lindrud S. Managing side effects of the novel taxane cabazitaxel in castrate-resistant prostate cancer. Clin J Oncol Nurs. 2012;16:286-91 pubmed publisher..This article reviews the vital role of nurses in identifying patients at high risk for AEs associated with cabazitaxel therapy and reviews strategies for prevention and management of symptoms. ..
- ..The mechanism of action, preclinical antitumor activity, and clinical activity of brentuximab vedotin against Hodgkin lymphoma, ALCL, and other CD30-expressing lymphomas are reviewed. ..
- Hartwell K, Miller P, Mukherjee S, Kahn A, Stewart A, Logan D, et al. Niche-based screening identifies small-molecule inhibitors of leukemia stem cells. Nat Chem Biol. 2013;9:840-848 pubmed publisher..Mechanistic studies demonstrated that the effect was on target, via inhibition of HMG-CoA reductase. These results illustrate the power of merging physiologically relevant models with high-throughput screening. ..
- Rugo H, Linton K, Cervi P, Rosenberg J, Jacobs I. A clinician's guide to biosimilars in oncology. Cancer Treat Rev. 2016;46:73-9 pubmed publisher..We will also review several biosimilars that are currently in development for cancer treatment. ..
- Schadendorf D, Larkin J, Wolchok J, Hodi F, Chiarion Sileni V, Gonzalez R, et al. Health-related quality of life results from the phase III CheckMate 067 study. Eur J Cancer. 2017;82:80-91 pubmed publisher..The finding that the difference in grade 3/4 AEs between the arms did not translate into clinically meaningful differences in the reported HRQoL may be relevant in the clinical setting. NCT01844505. ..
- Fader A, Bergstrom J, Jernigan A, Tanner E, Roche K, Stone R, et al. Primary cytoreductive surgery and adjuvant hormonal monotherapy in women with advanced low-grade serous ovarian carcinoma: Reducing overtreatment without compromising survival?. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:85-91 pubmed publisher..A cooperative group, Phase III trial is planned to define the optimal therapy for women with this ovarian carcinoma subtype. ..
- Moasser M, Basso A, Averbuch S, Rosen N. The tyrosine kinase inhibitor ZD1839 ("Iressa") inhibits HER2-driven signaling and suppresses the growth of HER2-overexpressing tumor cells. Cancer Res. 2001;61:7184-8 pubmed..These studies suggest that HER2-overexpressing tumors are particularly susceptible to the inhibition of HER family tyrosine kinase signaling and suggest novel strategies to treat these particularly aggressive tumors. ..
- Zhuang Y, Faria T, Chambon P, Gudas L. Identification and characterization of retinoic acid receptor beta2 target genes in F9 teratocarcinoma cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2003;1:619-30 pubmed..Because the lack of RARbeta(2) alters both the control of proliferation and differentiation in F9 cells, the genes that we have characterized may mediate key effects of RA, via RARbeta(2), on these processes...
- Ladas E, Kelly K. Milk thistle: is there a role for its use as an adjunct therapy in patients with cancer?. J Altern Complement Med. 2003;9:411-6 pubmed..Currently, there are no safer alternatives to these medications. Milk thistle (Silybum marianum) is a botanical that may be useful in the prevention or treatment of liver dysfunction in patients undergoing anticancer therapy. ..
- Peduto L, Reuter V, Sehara Fujisawa A, Shaffer D, Scher H, Blobel C. ADAM12 is highly expressed in carcinoma-associated stroma and is required for mouse prostate tumor progression. Oncogene. 2006;25:5462-6 pubmed
- Brodie S, Pierre Gobin Y, Dunkel I, Kim J, Abramson D. Persistence of retinal function after selective ophthalmic artery chemotherapy infusion for retinoblastoma. Doc Ophthalmol. 2009;119:13-22 pubmed publisher..To assess potential retinal viability by electroretinography following selective ophthalmic artery chemotherapy infusion for retinoblastoma...
- Raza S, Baig M, Russell H, Gourdet Y, Berger B. Clostridium difficile infection following chemotherapy. Recent Pat Antiinfect Drug Discov. 2010;5:1-9 pubmed..This review focuses on recent insights on the epidemiology, diagnosis, current management, recent patents, and advances on treating strategies of CDI with reference to current studies. ..
- Ku G, Ilson D. Chemotherapeutic options for gastroesophageal junction tumors. Semin Radiat Oncol. 2013;23:24-30 pubmed publisher..Preoperative chemoradiation in esophageal and gastroesophageal junction tumors has also been shown to improve outcomes. ..
- Lewis T, Prywes R. Serum regulation of Id1 expression by a BMP pathway and BMP responsive element. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1829:1147-59 pubmed publisher..Given these and other findings we conclude that the Id family of IEGs is regulated by BMPs in serum through similar BREs. This represents a second pathway for serum regulation of IEGs. ..
- Chi K, Kheoh T, Ryan C, Molina A, Bellmunt J, Vogelzang N, et al. A prognostic index model for predicting overall survival in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer treated with abiraterone acetate after docetaxel. Ann Oncol. 2016;27:454-60 pubmed publisher..Prognostic stratification with this model could assist clinical practice decisions for follow-up and monitoring, and may aid in clinical trial design. NCT00638690. ..
- Co J, Woo P. Serial office-based intralesional injection of cidofovir in adult-onset recurrent respiratory papillomatosis. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2004;113:859-62 pubmed..It might be more convenient and cost-effective than performing the same procedure in the operating room with the patient under general anesthesia...
- Smith E, Schwartz M, Kawamoto H, You X, Hwang D, Liu H, et al. Antitumor effects of imidazoquinolines in urothelial cell carcinoma of the bladder. J Urol. 2007;177:2347-51 pubmed..In addition, in vivo data suggest antitumor effects in an orthotopic bladder cancer mouse model. Therefore, imidazoquinolines may have therapeutic potential as a synthetic intravesical agent against bladder cancer. ..
- Sparano J. HIV-associated lymphoma: the evidence for treating aggressively but with caution. Curr Opin Oncol. 2007;19:458-63 pubmed
- Babich H, Gottesman R, Liebling E, Schuck A. Theaflavin-3-gallate and theaflavin-3'-gallate, polyphenols in black tea with prooxidant properties. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2008;103:66-74 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrated that the black tea theaflavin monomers, TF-2A and TF-2B, act as prooxidants and induce oxidative stress, with carcinoma cells more sensitive than normal fibroblasts. ..
- Kaufman M, Rubin J, Rai K. Diagnosing and treating chronic lymphocytic leukemia in 2009. Oncology (Williston Park). 2009;23:1030-7 pubmed..As opposed to older agents, these new therapies commonly yield complete remissions. This improvement has spurred a debate as to new goals in treating CLL patients. ..
- MacKenzie G, Sun Y, Huang L, Xie G, Ouyang N, Gupta R, et al. Phospho-sulindac (OXT-328), a novel sulindac derivative, is safe and effective in colon cancer prevention in mice. Gastroenterology. 2010;139:1320-32 pubmed publisher..P-S displays considerable safety and efficacy, two pharmacologic properties that are essential for a potential cancer chemopreventive agent, and thus merits further evaluation. ..
- Naib T, Steingart R, Chen C. Sorafenib-associated multivessel coronary artery vasospasm. Herz. 2011;36:348-51 pubmed publisher..He underwent sorafenib treatment, a tyrosinase inhibitor, 400 mg twice a day. The vasospasm was reversible under nitroglycerin. Possible mechanisms are also discussed. ..
- Polotskaia A, Hoffman S, Krett N, Shanmugam M, Rosen S, Bargonetti J. 8-Amino-adenosine activates p53-independent cell death of metastatic breast cancers. Mol Cancer Ther. 2012;11:2495-504 pubmed publisher..Therefore, 8-NH(2)-Ado should be considered for the treatment of triple-negative breast cancers that are chemotherapy resistant. ..
- Kritharis A, Bradley T, Budman D. The evolving use of arsenic in pharmacotherapy of malignant disease. Ann Hematol. 2013;92:719-30 pubmed publisher..The following is a review of the history of arsenic, its cellular metabolism, pharmacology, genetic basis of disposition, associated toxicities, and clinical efficacy. ..
- Li D, O Reilly E. Adjuvant and Neoadjuvant Therapy for Pancreatic Cancer. Surg Oncol Clin N Am. 2016;25:311-26 pubmed publisher..This article summarizes the major adjuvant and neoadjuvant studies for pancreas adenocarcinoma and highlights key areas of ongoing investigation. ..
- Barr P, Brown J, Hillmen P, O Brien S, Barrientos J, Reddy N, et al. Impact of ibrutinib dose adherence on therapeutic efficacy in patients with previously treated CLL/SLL. Blood. 2017;129:2612-2615 pubmed publisher..The trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT01578707. ..