Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Vermont, United States
Locale: Vermont, United States
- Combelles C, Holick E, Paolella L, Walker D, Wu Q. Profiling of superoxide dismutase isoenzymes in compartments of the developing bovine antral follicles. Reproduction. 2010;139:871-81 pubmed publisher..These results lay the ground for future investigations into the potential regulation and roles of antioxidants during folliculogenesis and oogenesis. ..
- John Lin C, Yu K, Hatcher A, Huang T, Lee H, Carlson J, et al. Identification of diverse astrocyte populations and their malignant analogs. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:396-405 pubmed publisher..These populations selectively contribute to synaptogenesis and tumor pathophysiology, providing a blueprint for understanding diverse astrocyte contributions to neurological disease...
- Hildick Smith G, Downey M, Gretebeck L, Gersten R, Sandwick R. Ribose 5-phosphate glycation reduces cytochrome c respiratory activity and membrane affinity. Biochemistry. 2011;50:11047-57 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results demonstrate the negative impact that R5P glycation can have on critical electron transfer and membrane association functions of cyt c. ..
- Skinner S, Deleault K, Fecteau R, Brooks S. Extracellular signal-regulated kinase regulation of tumor necrosis factor-alpha mRNA nucleocytoplasmic transport requires TAP-NxT1 binding and the AU-rich element. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:3191-9 pubmed..It is unclear at this time if ARE-binding protein(s) directly interact with the TAP-NxT1 complex, if each complex is independently targeted by ERK1, or if only one complex is targeted...
- Ward J, Reinholdt L, Motley W, Niswander L, Deacon D, Griffin L, et al. Mutation in mouse hei10, an e3 ubiquitin ligase, disrupts meiotic crossing over. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:e139 pubmed..The cloning and characterization of the mei4 allele of Hei10 demonstrates a novel link between cell cycle regulation and mismatch repair during prophase I. ..
- Shukla A, Barrett T, Nakayama K, Nakayama K, Mossman B, Lounsbury K. Transcriptional up-regulation of MMP12 and MMP13 by asbestos occurs via a PKCdelta-dependent pathway in murine lung. FASEB J. 2006;20:997-9 pubmed..These data reveal a potentially important link between asbestos signaling and integrity of the extracellular matrix (ECM) that likely contributes to asbestos-induced lung remodeling and diseases. ..
- Allen G, Bates J. Dynamic mechanical consequences of deep inflation in mice depend on type and degree of lung injury. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2004;96:293-300 pubmed..001). We conclude that the effects of DIs in acute lung injury depend on the degree of lung injury but only to the extent that this injury reflects a disruption of the air-liquid interface...
- Spatafora G, Rohrer K, Barnard D, Michalek S. A Streptococcus mutans mutant that synthesizes elevated levels of intracellular polysaccharide is hypercariogenic in vivo. Infect Immun. 1995;63:2556-63 pubmed..The coordinate expression of GlgC and GlgA along with the results of ongoing nucleotide sequence analysis and Northern hybridization experiments support an operon-like arrangement for the glg genes of this oral pathogen...