Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Publications2845 found, 100 shown here
- Chan K, Zhang H, Logothetis D. N-terminal transmembrane domain of the SUR controls trafficking and gating of Kir6 channel subunits. EMBO J. 2003;22:3833-43 pubmed..2. These results underscore the importance of TMD0 in K(ATP) channel function, explaining how specific mutations within this domain result in disease, and suggest how an ABC protein has evolved to regulate a potassium channel...
- Yokoyama N, Miller W. Biochemical properties of the Cdc42-associated tyrosine kinase ACK1. Substrate specificity, authphosphorylation, and interaction with Hck. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:47713-23 pubmed..Our data suggest that Hck is a novel binding partner for ACK1 that can regulate ACK1 activity by phosphorylation. ..
- Bick M, Carroll J, Gao G, Goff S, Rice C, Macdonald M. Expression of the zinc-finger antiviral protein inhibits alphavirus replication. J Virol. 2003;77:11555-62 pubmed..Elucidation of the antiviral mechanism by which ZAP inhibits Sindbis virus translation may lead to the development of agents with broad activity against alphaviruses...
- Burrage T, Lu Z, Neilan J, Rock D, Zsak L. African swine fever virus multigene family 360 genes affect virus replication and generalization of infection in Ornithodoros porcinus ticks. J Virol. 2004;78:2445-53 pubmed..The impaired virus replication of Pr4Delta3-C2 in the tick midgut likely accounts for the absence of the generalized infection that is necessary for the natural transmission of virus from ticks to pigs...
- Keegan B, Meyer D, Yelon D. Organization of cardiac chamber progenitors in the zebrafish blastula. Development. 2004;131:3081-91 pubmed..Indeed, via fate mapping, we demonstrate that Nodal signaling promotes ventricular fate specification near the margin, thereby playing an important early role during myocardial patterning...
- Mo L, Huang H, Zhu X, Shapiro E, Hasty D, Wu X. Tamm-Horsfall protein is a critical renal defense factor protecting against calcium oxalate crystal formation. Kidney Int. 2004;66:1159-66 pubmed
- Wu M, Cohen D. Altered hepatic cholesterol metabolism compensates for disruption of phosphatidylcholine transfer protein in mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2005;289:G456-61 pubmed..We speculate that regulation of cholesterol homeostasis is a physiological function of PC-TP in liver, which can be overcome with a cholesterol-rich lithogenic diet. ..
- Oliver J. Receptor-mediated actions of renin and prorenin. Kidney Int. 2006;69:13-5 pubmed..Hence, like other proteases such as thrombin, renin and prorenin are capable of receptor-mediated cellular signaling. ..
- Battini L, Fedorova E, Macip S, Li X, Wilson P, Gusella G. Stable knockdown of polycystin-1 confers integrin-alpha2beta1-mediated anoikis resistance. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006;17:3049-58 pubmed..Furthermore, these findings indicate that reduction of PC1 expression levels, rather than the loss of heterozygosity, may be sufficient to induce cystogenesis. ..
- Krivtsov A, Rozov F, Zinovyeva M, Hendrikx P, Jiang Y, Visser J, et al. Jedi--a novel transmembrane protein expressed in early hematopoietic cells. J Cell Biochem. 2007;101:767-84 pubmed..On the basis of obtained results, we suggest that Jedi is involved in the fine regulation of the early stages of hematopoietic differentiation, presumably through the Notch signaling pathway. ..
- Jaulin F, Xue X, Rodriguez Boulan E, Kreitzer G. Polarization-dependent selective transport to the apical membrane by KIF5B in MDCK cells. Dev Cell. 2007;13:511-22 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that apical protein transport depends on selective microtubule motors and that epithelial cells switch kinesins for post-Golgi transport during acquisition of polarity. ..
- Chang A, Bargmann C. Hypoxia and the HIF-1 transcriptional pathway reorganize a neuronal circuit for oxygen-dependent behavior in Caenorhabditis elegans. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:7321-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that physiological detection of hypoxia by multiple tissues provides adaptive information to neuronal circuits to modify behavior. ..
- Tsuchimochi K, Otero M, Dragomir C, Plumb D, Zerbini L, Libermann T, et al. GADD45beta enhances Col10a1 transcription via the MTK1/MKK3/6/p38 axis and activation of C/EBPbeta-TAD4 in terminally differentiating chondrocytes. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:8395-407 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we have uncovered a novel molecular mechanism linking GADD45beta via the MTK1/MKK3/6/p38 axis to C/EBPbeta-TAD4 activation of Col10a1 transcription in terminally differentiating chondrocytes. ..
- Saha S, Bhanja P, Liu L, Alfieri A, Yu D, Kandimalla E, et al. TLR9 agonist protects mice from radiation-induced gastrointestinal syndrome. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29357 pubmed publisher..We therefore investigated whether systemic administration of designer TLR9 agonist could ameliorate RIGS by activating TLR9...
- Mijares D, Kulkarni A, Lewis K, Yao F, Xi Q, Tannous S, et al. Oral bone loss induced by mineral deficiency in a rat model: effect of a synthetic bone mineral (SBM) preparation. Arch Oral Biol. 2012;57:1264-73 pubmed publisher..SBM, administered orally, may have the potential as an osteoporosis therapeutic agent in minimizing or preventing alveolar bone loss induced by mineral deficiency. ..
- Mintz C, Barrett K, Smith S, Benson D, Harrison N. Anesthetics interfere with axon guidance in developing mouse neocortical neurons in vitro via a ?-aminobutyric acid type A receptor mechanism. Anesthesiology. 2013;118:825-33 pubmed publisher..The finding that GAs interfere with axon guidance, and thus potentially with circuit formation, represents a novel form of anesthesia neurotoxicity in brain development. ..
- Pokala N, Liu Q, Gordus A, Bargmann C. Inducible and titratable silencing of Caenorhabditis elegans neurons in vivo with histamine-gated chloride channels. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:2770-5 pubmed publisher..The histamine-HisCl1 system is effective, robust, compatible with standard behavioral assays, and easily combined with optogenetic tools, properties that should make it a useful addition to C. elegans neurotechnology. ..
- Galluzzi L, Baehrecke E, Ballabio A, Boya P, Bravo San Pedro J, Cecconi F, et al. Molecular definitions of autophagy and related processes. EMBO J. 2017;36:1811-1836 pubmed publisher..The ultimate objective of this collaborative exchange is to formulate recommendations that facilitate the dissemination of knowledge within and outside the field of autophagy research. ..
- Michelassi F, Liu H, Hu Z, Dittman J. A C1-C2 Module in Munc13 Inhibits Calcium-Dependent Neurotransmitter Release. Neuron. 2017;95:577-590.e5 pubmed publisher..Thus, C1-C2B exerts a basal inhibition on Munc13 in the primed state, permitting calcium- and lipid-dependent control of C1-C2B to modulate synaptic strength. ..
- Schwartz G, Winkler C, Zavilowitz B, Bargiello T. Carbonic anhydrase II mRNA is induced in rabbit kidney cortex during chronic metabolic acidosis. Am J Physiol. 1993;265:F764-72 pubmed..The stimulation of CA II mRNA was greater after 3 days than after 5-6 days of acid treatment. (ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Wagner J. Is IL-6 both a cytokine and a neurotrophic factor?. J Exp Med. 1996;183:2417-9 pubmed
- Moroianu J, Blobel G, Radu A. Nuclear protein import: Ran-GTP dissociates the karyopherin alphabeta heterodimer by displacing alpha from an overlapping binding site on beta. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:7059-62 pubmed..We also mapped Ran's binding site for karyopherin beta to a cluster of basic residues analogous to those previously shown to constitute karyopherin alpha's binding site to karyopherin beta...
- Varlamov O, Fricker L, Furukawa H, Steiner D, Langley S, Leiter E. Beta-cell lines derived from transgenic Cpe(fat)/Cpe(fat) mice are defective in carboxypeptidase E and proinsulin processing. Endocrinology. 1997;138:4883-92 pubmed..The secretion of insulin/proinsulin from NIT-2 and -3 cells is significantly elevated by secretagogues, indicating that CPE is not required for sorting proinsulin into the regulated pathway. ..
- Saganich M, Machado E, Rudy B. Differential expression of genes encoding subthreshold-operating voltage-gated K+ channels in brain. J Neurosci. 2001;21:4609-24 pubmed..This indicates that the subthreshold current in many neurons may be complex, containing different components mediated by a number of channels with distinct properties and neuromodulatory responses. ..
- Schoorlemmer J, Goldfarb M. Fibroblast growth factor homologous factors and the islet brain-2 scaffold protein regulate activation of a stress-activated protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:49111-9 pubmed..These results support the existence of a signaling module in which IB2 scaffolds a MLK3/MKK/p38delta kinase cascade. FHFs aid in recruitment of p38 to IB2 and may serve as kinase substrates. ..
- Grabham P, Reznik B, Goldberg D. Microtubule and Rac 1-dependent F-actin in growth cones. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:3739-48 pubmed..They also point to the mediation of microtubule-dependent accumulation of F-actin at the front of the growth cone as a role of Rac 1 in neurite growth. ..
- Gineste C, Ho L, Pompl P, Bianchi M, Pasinetti G. High-throughput proteomics and protein biomarker discovery in an experimental model of inflammatory hyperalgesia: effects of nimesulide. Drugs. 2003;63 Suppl 1:23-9 pubmed
- Barat C, Simpson L, Breslow E. Properties of human vasopressin precursor constructs: inefficient monomer folding in the absence of copeptin as a potential contributor to diabetes insipidus. Biochemistry. 2004;43:8191-203 pubmed..Reported cell culture studies of rat precursor folding are also discussed in this context. Most generally, the results emphasize the significance of monomer stability in the folding pathways of oligomeric proteins...
- Sivalenka R, Jessberger R. SWAP-70 regulates c-kit-induced mast cell activation, cell-cell adhesion, and migration. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10277-88 pubmed..Together, we suggest that SWAP-70 is an important regulator of specific effector pathways in c-kit signaling, including mast cell activation, migration, and cell adhesion. ..
- Taraschenko O, Barnes W, Herrick Davis K, Yokoyama Y, Boyd D, Hough L. Actions of tacrine and galanthamine on histamine-N-methyltransferase. Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 2005;27:161-5 pubmed..Galanthamine (up to 10 microM) did not influence the activity of rat kidney or human HNMT. Tacrine, but not galanthamine, may achieve brain levels sufficient to influence histamine metabolism in some patients treated for AD. ..
- David R. Proposed mode of action for in utero effects of some phthalate esters on the developing male reproductive tract. Toxicol Pathol. 2006;34:209-19 pubmed..The strength, consistency, and plausibility of the proposed mode of action and alternate modes of action are discussed. ..
- Wyatt C, Klotman P. HIV-1 and HIV-Associated Nephropathy 25 Years Later. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007;2 Suppl 1:S20-4 pubmed..This article reviews the history of HIV and HIVAN, focusing on advances in the understanding of pathogenesis, epidemiology, and treatment...
- Kurland J, Tansey W. Myc-mediated transcriptional repression by recruitment of histone deacetylase. Cancer Res. 2008;68:3624-9 pubmed publisher..These results describe a mechanistic role for MbIII in transcription, and reveal that recruitment of HDAC3 is a process by which Myc represses gene activity. ..
- McEwen B, Chattarji S, Diamond D, Jay T, Reagan L, Svenningsson P, et al. The neurobiological properties of tianeptine (Stablon): from monoamine hypothesis to glutamatergic modulation. Mol Psychiatry. 2010;15:237-49 pubmed publisher..Converging lines of evidences demonstrate actions of tianeptine on the glutamatergic system, and therefore offer new insights into how tianeptine may be useful in the treatment of depressive disorders...
- Antonescu C, Yoshida A, Guo T, Chang N, Zhang L, Agaram N, et al. KDR activating mutations in human angiosarcomas are sensitive to specific kinase inhibitors. Cancer Res. 2009;69:7175-9 pubmed publisher..These data provide a basis for the activity of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-directed therapy in the treatment of primary and radiation-induced AS. ..
- Chalasani S, Kato S, Albrecht D, Nakagawa T, Abbott L, Bargmann C. Neuropeptide feedback modifies odor-evoked dynamics in Caenorhabditis elegans olfactory neurons. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:615-21 pubmed publisher..Our results point to neuronal dynamics as a site of behavioral regulation and reveal the ability of neuropeptide feedback to remodel sensory networks on multiple timescales. ..
- Chen K, Cerutti A. Vaccination strategies to promote mucosal antibody responses. Immunity. 2010;33:479-91 pubmed publisher..We review the important cellular interactions and molecular pathways underlying the induction and regulation of mucosal antibody responses and discuss their implications on mucosal vaccination. ..
- Sun J, Lanier L. NK cell development, homeostasis and function: parallels with CD8? T cells. Nat Rev Immunol. 2011;11:645-57 pubmed publisher..In this Review, we highlight the many stages that an NK cell progresses through during its remarkable lifetime, discussing similarities and differences with its close relative, the cytotoxic CD8(+) T cell. ..
- Fernandez L A, Squatrito M, Northcott P, Awan A, Holland E, Taylor M, et al. Oncogenic YAP promotes radioresistance and genomic instability in medulloblastoma through IGF2-mediated Akt activation. Oncogene. 2012;31:1923-37 pubmed publisher..Our results establish a central role for YAP in counteracting radiation-based therapies and driving genomic instability, and indicate the YAP/IGF2/Akt axis as a therapeutic target in medulloblastoma. ..
- Backes S, Shapiro J, Sabin L, Pham A, Reyes I, Moss B, et al. Degradation of host microRNAs by poxvirus poly(A) polymerase reveals terminal RNA methylation as a protective antiviral mechanism. Cell Host Microbe. 2012;12:200-10 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that poxviruses may degrade host miRNAs to promote replication and that virus-mediated small RNA degradation likely contributed to 2'OMe evolution. ..
- Qiu W, Tang S, Lee S, Turk A, Sireci A, Qiu A, et al. Loss of Activin Receptor Type 1B Accelerates Development of Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasms in Mice With Activated KRAS. Gastroenterology. 2016;150:218-228.e12 pubmed publisher..ACVR1B suppresses early stages of pancreatic tumorigenesis; the activin signaling pathway therefore might be a therapeutic target for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Kondo S, Vedanayagam J, Mohammed J, Eizadshenass S, Kan L, Pang N, et al. New genes often acquire male-specific functions but rarely become essential in Drosophila. Genes Dev. 2017;31:1841-1846 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we detected widespread signatures of positive selection on young male-biased genes. Thus, young genes have a preferential impact on male reproductive system function...
- Pierini L. Uptake of serum-opsonized Francisella tularensis by macrophages can be mediated by class A scavenger receptors. Cell Microbiol. 2006;8:1361-70 pubmed..tularensis infection, namely, blocking SRA as a means of hindering F. tularensis access to its intracellular niche. ..
- Gershon M. Behind an enteric neuron there may lie a glial cell. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:3386-9 pubmed publisher..Although these new observations make it clear that clinical trials using glia to replace enteric neurons are more than premature, they are enticing for future research. ..
- Mor A, Aizman E, Chapman J, Kloog Y. Immunomodulatory properties of farnesoids: the new steroids?. Curr Med Chem. 2013;20:1218-24 pubmed..In this review we summarize our (and others) published data, and conclude that FTS has great potential as a safe anti-inflammatory drug. ..
- Obeid J, White P. Tyr-179 and Lys-183 are essential for enzymatic activity of 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;188:222-7 pubmed..Asp-110-->Asn affected activity only mildly. Tyr-179 and Lys-183 may be directly involved in the catalytic function of this class of enzymes. ..
- Conover J, Ip N, Poueymirou W, Bates B, Goldfarb M, DeChiara T, et al. Ciliary neurotrophic factor maintains the pluripotentiality of embryonic stem cells. Development. 1993;119:559-65 pubmed
- Tennyson V, Gershon M, Wade P, Crotty D, Wolgemuth D. Fetal development of the enteric nervous system of transgenic mice that overexpress the Hoxa-4 gene. Dev Dyn. 1998;211:269-91 pubmed
- Takahashi Y, Miyata M, Zheng P, Imazato T, Horwitz A, Smith J. Identification of cAMP analogue inducible genes in RAW264 macrophages. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1492:385-94 pubmed..ABC1 was upregulated in RAW cells by cAMP, concurrent with the cAMP induction of lipid efflux to apolipoprotein A1. ..
- Kalergis A, Ravetch J. Inducing tumor immunity through the selective engagement of activating Fcgamma receptors on dendritic cells. J Exp Med. 2002;195:1653-9 pubmed..This mechanism suggests a novel approach to the development of tumor vaccines. ..
- Proekt A, Jing J, Weiss K. Multiple contributions of an input-representing neuron to the dynamics of the aplysia feeding network. J Neurophysiol. 2007;97:3046-56 pubmed
- Bounoutas A, O HAGAN R, Chalfie M. The multipurpose 15-protofilament microtubules in C. elegans have specific roles in mechanosensation. Curr Biol. 2009;19:1362-7 pubmed publisher..Touching e1605 animals produces a reduced mechanoreceptor current that inactivates more rapidly than in wild-type, suggesting a specific role of the microtubules in mechanotransduction. ..
- Mhatre A, Tajudeen B, Welt E, Wartmann C, Long G, Lalwani A. Temporary reduction of distortion product otoacoustic emissions (DPOAEs) immediately following auditory brainstem response (ABR). Hear Res. 2010;269:180-5 pubmed publisher..A practical outcome from this study is a recommendation for reversal of the traditional order for carrying out auditory tests, with the OAE measurements preceding ABR assessment, thus ensuring that the DPOAE response is unaffected. ..
- Nistala H, Lee Arteaga S, Smaldone S, Siciliano G, Carta L, Ono R, et al. Fibrillin-1 and -2 differentially modulate endogenous TGF-? and BMP bioavailability during bone formation. J Cell Biol. 2010;190:1107-21 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings identify the extracellular microfibrils as critical regulators of bone formation through the modulation of endogenous TGF-? and BMP signaling...
- Blair M, Melnick D. Genetic evidence for dispersal by both sexes in the Central American Squirrel Monkey, Saimiri oerstedii citrinellus. Am J Primatol. 2012;74:37-47 pubmed publisher..o. citrinellus, and that males probably disperse over longer distances. We discuss how spatial and temporal variation among local populations should be taken into account when studying dispersal patterns and especially sex bias...
- Dow L, Premsrirut P, Zuber J, Fellmann C, McJunkin K, Miething C, et al. A pipeline for the generation of shRNA transgenic mice. Nat Protoc. 2012;7:374-93 pubmed publisher..In all, this 14-week procedure provides a fast and cost-effective way for any laboratory to investigate gene function in vivo in the mouse. ..
- Moreno J, Holloway T, Gonzalez Maeso J. G protein-coupled receptor heterocomplexes in neuropsychiatric disorders. Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci. 2013;117:187-205 pubmed publisher..In this chapter, we review current data on the role of GPCR heteromerization in receptor signaling, as well as its potential implication in neuropsychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia, depression, and Parkinson's disease. ..
- Acakpo Satchivi L, Edelmann W, Sartorius C, Lu B, Wahr P, Watkins S, et al. Growth and muscle defects in mice lacking adult myosin heavy chain genes. J Cell Biol. 1997;139:1219-29 pubmed..Many of the phenotypes demonstrated by these mice are typical in human muscle disease and should provide insight into their etiology. ..
- Kohtz J, Baker D, Corte G, Fishell G. Regionalization within the mammalian telencephalon is mediated by changes in responsiveness to Sonic Hedgehog. Development. 1998;125:5079-89 pubmed..This is the embryonic structure from which the striatum is derived. These results suggest that temporally regulated changes in Sonic Hedgehog responsiveness are integral in the sequential induction of basal telencephalic structures. ..
- Wang W, Chan E, Baron S, Van de Water T, Lufkin T. Hmx2 homeobox gene control of murine vestibular morphogenesis. Development. 2001;128:5017-29 pubmed
- Sigurdsson E, Wisniewski T, Frangione B. A safer vaccine for Alzheimer's disease?. Neurobiol Aging. 2002;23:1001-8 pubmed..Future Abeta derived vaccines should include T(h) epitopes, carriers and/or lipid moieties to enhance antibody production in the elderly, the population predominantly affected by AD. ..
- Wen P, De Gasperi R, Sosa M, Rocher A, Friedrich V, Hof P, et al. Selective expression of presenilin 1 in neural progenitor cells rescues the cerebral hemorrhages and cortical lamination defects in presenilin 1-null mutant mice. Development. 2005;132:3873-83 pubmed..Collectively, these studies demonstrate that Psen1 expression in neural progenitor cells is crucial for cortical development and reveal a novel role for neuroectodermal expression of Psen1 in development of the brain vasculature. ..
- Ishikawa T, Morris P. A multistep kinase-based sertoli cell autocrine-amplifying loop regulates prostaglandins, their receptors, and cytokines. Endocrinology. 2006;147:1706-16 pubmed..Further identification of the molecular mechanisms subserving these mediators may offer new insights into physiological events as well as proinflammatory-mediated pathogenesis in the testis. ..
- Karni R, de Stanchina E, Lowe S, Sinha R, Mu D, Krainer A. The gene encoding the splicing factor SF2/ASF is a proto-oncogene. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2007;14:185-93 pubmed..Knockdown of either SF2/ASF or isoform-2 of S6K1 is sufficient to reverse transformation caused by the overexpression of SF2/ASF in vitro and in vivo. Thus, SF2/ASF can act as an oncoprotein and is a potential target for cancer therapy. ..
- Baki L, Neve R, Shao Z, Shioi J, Georgakopoulos A, Robakis N. Wild-type but not FAD mutant presenilin-1 prevents neuronal degeneration by promoting phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase neuroprotective signaling. J Neurosci. 2008;28:483-90 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that stimulation of PI3K/Akt signaling may be beneficial to FAD patients. ..
- Du T, Xu Q, Ocbina P, Anderson S. NKX2.1 specifies cortical interneuron fate by activating Lhx6. Development. 2008;135:1559-67 pubmed publisher..1. The slice transfection and transplantation methods employed here are beginning to uncover embryonic mechanisms for specifying neuronal fates that only become definable postnatally. ..
- Satoh K, Nigro P, Berk B. Oxidative stress and vascular smooth muscle cell growth: a mechanistic linkage by cyclophilin A. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2010;12:675-82 pubmed publisher..CyPA plays a crucial role in VSMC proliferation/migration and inflammatory cell recruitment, resulting in cardiovascular diseases in vivo. ..
- Blazquez A, Knight A, Getachew H, Bromberg J, Lira S, Mayer L, et al. A functional role for CCR6 on proallergic T cells in the gastrointestinal tract. Gastroenterology. 2010;138:275-84.e1-4 pubmed publisher..These studies highlight a mast cell- and immunoglobulin E-independent role for CCR6-bearing T cells in the pathogenesis of gastrointestinal allergic disease. ..
- Sun T, Tseng S, Lavker R. Location of corneal epithelial stem cells. Nature. 2010;463:E10-1; discussion E11 pubmed publisher..We point out here that these suggestions are inconsistent with many known growth, differentiation and cell migration properties of the anterior ocular epithelia...
- Nowotschin S, Xenopoulos P, Schrode N, Hadjantonakis A. A bright single-cell resolution live imaging reporter of Notch signaling in the mouse. BMC Dev Biol. 2013;13:15 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the CBF:H2B-Venus mouse strain is a unique tool to study and understand the morphogenetic events regulated by the Notch signaling pathway. ..
- Erkan D, Salmon J. The Role of Complement Inhibition in Thrombotic Angiopathies and Antiphospholipid Syndrome. Turk J Haematol. 2016;33:1-7 pubmed publisher..Halen devam etmekte olan ve gelecekte yap?lacak klinik çal??malar, aPL-pozitif hastalar?n yönetiminde kompleman inhibitörlerinin rolünü belirlemede yard?mc? olacakt?r. ..
- William C, Saqran L, Stern M, Chiang C, Herrick S, Rangwala A, et al. Activity-Dependent Dysfunction in Visual and Olfactory Sensory Systems in Mouse Models of Down Syndrome. J Neurosci. 2017;37:9880-9888 pubmed publisher..In addition, these findings raise the possibility that basic dysfunction in primary sensory circuitry may illustrate mechanisms important for global learning and cognitive impairment in Down syndrome patients. ..
- Jhanwar Uniyal M, Beck B, Jhanwar Y, Burlet C, Leibowitz S. Neuropeptide Y projection from arcuate nucleus to parvocellular division of paraventricular nucleus: specific relation to the ingestion of carbohydrate. Brain Res. 1993;631:97-106 pubmed..These results, together with other findings, provide support for a role of endogenous NPY and its projection from the ARC to the pPVN, perhaps via the DMN, in controlling natural appetite for carbohydrate. ..
- De Angelis D. Why FRET over genomics?. Physiol Genomics. 1999;1:93-9 pubmed
- Lozano J, Menendez S, Morales A, Ehleiter D, Liao W, Wagman R, et al. Cell autonomous apoptosis defects in acid sphingomyelinase knockout fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:442-8 pubmed..The ability to rescue the apoptotic phenotype without reversing the genotype by the product of the enzymatic deficiency provides proof that ceramide is obligate for apoptosis induction in response to some stresses. ..
- Dokun A, Chu D, Yang L, Bendelac A, Yokoyama W. Analysis of in situ NK cell responses during viral infection. J Immunol. 2001;167:5286-93 pubmed..Thus, following MCMV infection, NK cells accumulate at sites of viral replication in an IL-12-, IFN-gamma-, and TNF-alpha-independent manner. ..
- Grimaldi C, Cleary J, Dagtas A, Moussai D, Diamond B. Estrogen alters thresholds for B cell apoptosis and activation. J Clin Invest. 2002;109:1625-33 pubmed..These results suggest that estrogen induces a genetic program that alters survival and activation of B cells in a B cell-autonomous fashion and thus skews the naive immune system toward autoreactivity. ..
- Comer S, Evans S, Pudiak C, Foltin R. Effects of buprenorphine on candy and sweetened fluid self-administration by rhesus monkeys. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2002;164:200-6 pubmed..These results demonstrate that behavior maintained by a less-preferred reinforcer is more easily disrupted by buprenorphine than is behavior maintained by a more-preferred reinforcer. ..
- Ursini Siegel J, Zhang W, Altmeyer A, Hatada E, Do R, Yagita H, et al. TRAIL/Apo-2 ligand induces primary plasma cell apoptosis. J Immunol. 2002;169:5505-13 pubmed..These results provide the first evidence that primary plasma cells synthesize TRAIL and are direct targets of TRAIL-mediated apoptosis, which may relate to the inactivation of the NF-kappaB survival pathway. ..
- Bai C, Stephen D, Joyner A. All mouse ventral spinal cord patterning by hedgehog is Gli dependent and involves an activator function of Gli3. Dev Cell. 2004;6:103-15 pubmed..Therefore, in the spinal cord all Hh signaling is Gli dependent. Furthermore, a combination of Gli2 and Gli3 is required to regulate motor neuron development and spatial patterning of ventral spinal cord progenitors. ..
- Ma W, Li D, Sun F, Spector A. Comparison of characteristics of peroxide-conditioned immortal human lens-epithelial cell lines with their murine counterparts. Exp Eye Res. 2004;79:411-7 pubmed..These observations suggest while the same AOD enzymes may be utilized in both murine and human lens-epithelial cells, the levels at which they are maintained and the manner in which they are recruited in response to stress may differ. ..
- Wang L, Shuman S. Structure-function analysis of yeast tRNA ligase. RNA. 2005;11:966-75 pubmed..We identify yeastlike tRNA ligases in the proteomes of Leishmania and Trypanosoma. These findings recommend tRNA ligase as a target for antifungal and antiprotozoal drug discovery. ..
- Artigas P, Al Aref S, Hobart E, Díaz L, Sakaguchi M, Straw S, et al. 2,3-butanedione monoxime affects cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator channel function through phosphorylation-dependent and phosphorylation-independent mechanisms: the role of bilayer material properties. Mol Pharmacol. 2006;70:2015-26 pubmed..BDM thus reduces the energetic cost of bilayer deformation, an effect that may underlie the effects of BDM on CFTR and other membrane proteins; the state-dependent changes in K(0.5) are consistent with such a bilayer-mediated mechanism. ..
- Brenner M, Laragione T, Yarlett N, Gulko P. Genetic regulation of T regulatory, CD4, and CD8 cell numbers by the arthritis severity loci Cia5a, Cia5d, and the MHC/Cia1 in the rat. Mol Med. 2007;13:277-87 pubmed..The MHC effect on CD8(+) Treg cells and CD25(+) thymocytes raises a novel potential explanation for its association with arthritis. ..
- Mu L, Sanders I. Neuromuscular specializations within human pharyngeal constrictor muscles. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2007;116:604-17 pubmed..This study tested the hypothesis that adult human PCs are divided into 2 distinct and specialized layers: a slow inner layer (SIL), innervated by the glossopharyngeal (IX) nerve, and a fast outer layer (FOL), innervated by nerve X...
- Buckley M, Yoon J, Yee H, Chiriboga L, Liebes L, Ara G, et al. The histone deacetylase inhibitor belinostat (PXD101) suppresses bladder cancer cell growth in vitro and in vivo. J Transl Med. 2007;5:49 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that belinostat inhibits bladder cancer and supports the clinical evaluation of belinostat for the treatment of patients with superficial bladder cancer. ..
- Baur L, Nasipak B, Kelley D. Sexually differentiated, androgen-regulated, larynx-specific myosin heavy-chain isoforms in Xenopus tropicalis; comparison to Xenopus laevis. Dev Genes Evol. 2008;218:371-9 pubmed publisher..tropicalis is not the gene phylogenetically most similar to xlMyHC-LM at the nucleotide level but is instead a similar isoform found in the same MyHC array and expressed in the embryonic muscle...