Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in New Jersey, United States
Locale: New Jersey, United States
Publications231 found, 100 shown here
- Greenwald I, Rubin G. Making a difference: the role of cell-cell interactions in establishing separate identities for equivalent cells. Cell. 1992;68:271-81 pubmed
- Manser T. Evolution of antibody structure during the immune response. The differentiative potential of a single B lymphocyte. J Exp Med. 1989;170:1211-30 pubmed
- Suter B, Romberg L, Steward R. Bicaudal-D, a Drosophila gene involved in developmental asymmetry: localized transcript accumulation in ovaries and sequence similarity to myosin heavy chain tail domains. Genes Dev. 1989;3:1957-68 pubmed..The predicted protein contains several extended amphipathic helices, and its similarity to myosin heavy chain tails, paramyosin, and kinesin suggests a similar type of coiled-coil protein interaction. ..
- Prak E, Weigert M. Light chain replacement: a new model for antibody gene rearrangement. J Exp Med. 1995;182:541-8 pubmed..We attribute the latter to editing of autoantibodies and to corrections of dysfunctional receptors. ..
- Rauskolb C, Peifer M, Wieschaus E. extradenticle, a regulator of homeotic gene activity, is a homolog of the homeobox-containing human proto-oncogene pbx1. Cell. 1993;74:1101-12 pubmed..These studies support the view that exd acts with the selector homeodomain proteins as a DNA-binding transcription factor, thereby altering their regulation of downstream target genes. ..
- Deshpande G, Samuels M, Schedl P. Sex-lethal interacts with splicing factors in vitro and in vivo. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:5036-47 pubmed..This model helps explain how the Sxl protein is able to promote the sex-specific splicing of Sxl transcripts, utilizing target sequences that are distant from the regulated splice sites. ..
- Daughtrey W, Biles R, Jortner B, Ehrich M. Subchronic delayed neurotoxicity evaluation of jet engine lubricants containing phosphorus additives. Fundam Appl Toxicol. 1996;32:244-9 pubmed
- Dodgson S, Shank R, Maryanoff B. Topiramate as an inhibitor of carbonic anhydrase isoenzymes. Epilepsia. 2000;41 Suppl 1:S35-9 pubmed..These results indicate that TPM is more potent as an inhibitor of CA II and CA IV than of CA I, CA III, and CA VI. In all three species, AZM was usually 10 to 100 times more potent than TPM as an inhibitor of CA isozymes. ..
- Rezania A, Bruin J, Riedel M, Mojibian M, Asadi A, Xu J, et al. Maturation of human embryonic stem cell-derived pancreatic progenitors into functional islets capable of treating pre-existing diabetes in mice. Diabetes. 2012;61:2016-29 pubmed publisher..Our findings support the feasibility of using differentiated hESCs as an alternative to cadaveric islets for treating patients with diabetes. ..
- Vacher J, Camper S, Krumlauf R, Compton R, Tilghman S. raf regulates the postnatal repression of the mouse alpha-fetoprotein gene at the posttranscriptional level. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:856-64 pubmed..Thus, the postnatal repression of the AFP gene is mediated by both transcriptional and posttranscriptional mechanisms. ..
- Cebra Thomas J, Tsai J, Pilder S, Copeland N, Jenkins N, Silver L. Localization of the Mas proto-oncogene to a densely marked region of mouse chromosome 17 associated with genomic imprinting. Genomics. 1992;13:444-6 pubmed..The data provide further evidence for the clustering of genes in a 1-Mb region of chromosome 17, with the absence of any identified genes in a nearby region likely to be six times larger. ..
- Manseau L, Schupbach T. cappuccino and spire: two unique maternal-effect loci required for both the anteroposterior and dorsoventral patterns of the Drosophila embryo. Genes Dev. 1989;3:1437-52 pubmed..On the basis of our current knowledge of the genes involved in this process, we formulated a working model for the early steps in dorsoventral patterning. ..
- Pavan W, Mac S, Cheng M, Tilghman S. Quantitative trait loci that modify the severity of spotting in piebald mice. Genome Res. 1995;5:29-41 pubmed..This study underscores the power of using genetic analyses to identify and analyze loci involved in modifying the severity of phenotypic traits in mice. ..
- Johnston S, Rauskolb C, Wilson R, Prabhakaran B, Irvine K, Vogt T. A family of mammalian Fringe genes implicated in boundary determination and the Notch pathway. Development. 1997;124:2245-54 pubmed..When misexpressed in the developing Drosophila wing imaginal disc the mouse Fringe genes exhibit conserved and differential effects on boundary determination. ..
- Holdo R. Elephants, fire, and frost can determine community structure and composition in Kalahari Woodlands. Ecol Appl. 2007;17:558-68 pubmed
- West N, Hegazy A, Owens B, Bullers S, Linggi B, Buonocore S, et al. Oncostatin M drives intestinal inflammation and predicts response to tumor necrosis factor-neutralizing therapy in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Nat Med. 2017;23:579-589 pubmed publisher..OSM is thus a potential biomarker and therapeutic target for IBD, and has particular relevance for anti-TNF-resistant patients. ..
- Sherley J. Guanine nucleotide biosynthesis is regulated by the cellular p53 concentration. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:24815-28 pubmed..Moreover, observations of the growth behavior of p53-inducible cells suggest that by regulating the production of GTP, p53 can control cellular quiescence. ..
- Horabin J, Schedl P. Regulated splicing of the Drosophila sex-lethal male exon involves a blockage mechanism. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:1408-14 pubmed..This and the observation that the splice signals at the exon are suboptimal are discussed with regard to alternate splicing. ..
- Ornelles D, Penman S. Prompt heat-shock and heat-shifted proteins associated with the nuclear matrix-intermediate filament scaffold in Drosophila melanogaster cells. J Cell Sci. 1990;95 ( Pt 3):393-404 pubmed..The prompt HS proteins can be distinguished clearly from heat-shifted proteins by several criteria. Also, the prompt HS proteins are distinct from the heat-insensitive viral proteins of a persistent virus (HPS-1). ..
- Finlay C, Hinds P, Tan T, Eliyahu D, Oren M, Levine A. Activating mutations for transformation by p53 produce a gene product that forms an hsc70-p53 complex with an altered half-life. Mol Cell Biol. 1988;8:531-9 pubmed..These results also call into question what the correct p53 wild-type sequence is and whether a wild-type p53 gene can transform cells in culture. ..
- Bhat K, Poole S, Schedl P. The miti-mere and pdm1 genes collaborate during specification of the RP2/sib lineage in Drosophila neurogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:4052-63 pubmed..Our results indicate that both genes are required for the normal development of this lineage and that the two collaborate during the specification of GMC-1 identity. ..
- Webber A, Ingram R, Levorse J, Tilghman S. Location of enhancers is essential for the imprinting of H19 and Igf2 genes. Nature. 1998;391:711-5 pubmed..Thus, the location of the enhancers determines the outcome of competition in liver, and the strength of the H19 promoter is not sufficient to silence Igf2. ..
- Ge L, Gordon J, Hsuan C, Stenn K, Prouty S. Identification of the delta-6 desaturase of human sebaceous glands: expression and enzyme activity. J Invest Dermatol. 2003;120:707-14 pubmed
- Liang Y, Osborne M, Monia B, Bhanot S, Gaarde W, Reed C, et al. Reduction in glucagon receptor expression by an antisense oligonucleotide ameliorates diabetic syndrome in db/db mice. Diabetes. 2004;53:410-7 pubmed..However, alpha-cell glucagon levels were increased significantly. Our studies support the concept that antagonism of glucagon receptors could be an effective approach for controlling blood glucose in diabetes. ..
- Graziano M, Patel K, Taylor C. Mapping from motor cortex to biceps and triceps altered by elbow angle. J Neurophysiol. 2004;92:395-407 pubmed..How this stimulation-evoked topography relates to the normal function of motor cortex is not yet clear. One hypothesis is that these results reflect a cortical map of desired joint angle...
- Chen C, Patel S, Corisdeo S, Liu X, Micolochick H, Xue J, et al. Generation and characterization of a panel of monoclonal antibodies specific for human fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 (FGFR4). Hybridoma (Larchmt). 2005;24:152-9 pubmed..These MAbs may be useful tools for further investigation of the biological functions and pathological roles of human FGFR4. ..
- Qiu Q, Shih M, Stock K, Panzitta T, Murphy P, Roesch S, et al. Evaluation of DBM/AM composite as a graft substitute for posterolateral lumbar fusion. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2007;82:239-45 pubmed..001) in all measured parameters. The current study demonstrated that using DBM/AM composite can have more robust fusion than autologous bone at 6 weeks in an athymic rat spinal fusion model. ..
- Bushek D, Landau B, Scarpa E. Perkinsus chesapeaki in stout razor clams Tagelus plebeius from Delaware Bay. Dis Aquat Organ. 2008;78:243-7 pubmed publisher..Investigators are further cautioned to use care when applying and interpreting diagnostic assays when used with novel species. ..
- Davis H, Tershakovec A, Tomassini J, Musliner T. Intestinal sterol transporters and cholesterol absorption inhibition. Curr Opin Lipidol. 2011;22:467-78 pubmed publisher..Based upon the demonstrated lipid-altering efficacy and safety of ezetimibe, several CAIs have been identified; all to date have been discontinued due to limited efficacy. ..
- Fong T, Anderson S, Yu H, Huang R, Strader C. Differential activation of intracellular effector by two isoforms of human neurokinin-1 receptor. Mol Pharmacol. 1992;41:24-30 pubmed..These results indicate that multiple forms of the human neurokinin-1 receptor exist and the differential activation of intracellular effector may be involved in generating the complex biological effects of substance P. ..
- Zambetti G, Bargonetti J, Walker K, Prives C, Levine A. Wild-type p53 mediates positive regulation of gene expression through a specific DNA sequence element. Genes Dev. 1992;6:1143-52 pubmed..The results suggest a biological function in gene regulation for the wild-type p53 protein that is lost or altered in the mutant p53 proteins. ..
- Devesly P, Cade C, Polokoff M, Botelho L. Evidence of glycosylated sites on the endothelin-1 receptor in Swiss 3T3 cells. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 1991;17 Suppl 7:S134-6 pubmed..These results suggest that the ET-1 receptor on 3T3 cells is a glycoprotein that contains one or more N-acetylglucosamine residues at or near the ligand binding site...
- Levitan D, Greenwald I. Facilitation of lin-12-mediated signalling by sel-12, a Caenorhabditis elegans S182 Alzheimer's disease gene. Nature. 1995;377:351-4 pubmed..The high degree of sequence conservation suggests that the function of the SEL-12 and S182 proteins may also be conserved. ..
- O Brien T, Metallinos D, Chen H, Shin M, Tilghman S. Complementation mapping of skeletal and central nervous system abnormalities in mice of the piebald deletion complex. Genetics. 1996;143:447-61 pubmed..Complementation analysis of the s15DttMb and s36Pub phenotypes, using two additional deletions, localized the gene(s) associated with each phenotype to a defined chromosomal region. ..
- Sheppard R, Samant S, Rosenberg M, Silver L, Cole M. Transgenic N-myc mouse model for indolent B cell lymphoma: tumor characterization and analysis of genetic alterations in spontaneous and retrovirally accelerated tumors. Oncogene. 1998;17:2073-85 pubmed
- Mackerer C, Barth M, Krueger A, Chawla B, Roy T. Comparison of neurotoxic effects and potential risks from oral administration or ingestion of tricresyl phosphate and jet engine oil containing tricresyl phosphate. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 1999;57:293-328 pubmed..There is no record of a JEO formulated with the modern "conventional" TCP causing human neurotoxicity. ..
- Helmchen F, Svoboda K, Denk W, Tank D. In vivo dendritic calcium dynamics in deep-layer cortical pyramidal neurons. Nat Neurosci. 1999;2:989-96 pubmed..In some cases, synaptic stimulation evoked [Ca2+] transients without a concomitant action potential burst, suggesting variable coupling between dendrite and soma. ..
- Parimoo S, Zheng Y, Eilertsen K, Ge L, Prouty S, Sundberg J, et al. Identification of a novel SCD gene and expression of the SCD gene family in mouse skin. J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc. 1999;4:320-2 pubmed..Moreover, we have identified a third species of SCD in the mouse skin. The most prominent SCD species is SCD1 in the mouse skin. The implications of this gene family to skin are discussed. ..
- Grover G, D Alonzo A, Garlid K, Bajgar R, Lodge N, Sleph P, et al. Pharmacologic characterization of BMS-191095, a mitochondrial K(ATP) opener with no peripheral vasodilator or cardiac action potential shortening activity. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2001;297:1184-92 pubmed..Agents like BMS-191095 may owe their cardioprotective selectivity to selective mitochondrial K(ATP) activation. ..
- LaMontagne K, Littlewood Evans A, Schnell C, O Reilly T, Wyder L, Sanchez T, et al. Antagonism of sphingosine-1-phosphate receptors by FTY720 inhibits angiogenesis and tumor vascularization. Cancer Res. 2006;66:221-31 pubmed..These data show that functional antagonism of vascular S1P receptors by FTY720 potently inhibits angiogenesis; therefore, this may provide a novel therapeutic approach for pathologic conditions with dysregulated angiogenesis. ..
- Kavukcuoglu N, Denhardt D, Guzelsu N, Mann A. Osteopontin deficiency and aging on nanomechanics of mouse bone. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2007;83:136-44 pubmed..In addition, OPN(+/+) bones show a decrease in mechanical properties between young and older age groups. By contrast, OPN(-/-) bones showed no significant change in mechanical properties with aging. ..
- Lin R, Zhou N, Lyu Y, Tsai Y, Lu C, Kerrigan J, et al. Dietary isothiocyanate-induced apoptosis via thiol modification of DNA topoisomerase II?. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:33591-600 pubmed publisher..In the aggregate, our results suggest that thiol modification of Top2? may contribute to apoptosis induction in transformed cells by ITCs. ..
- Ruvinsky I, Silver L. Newly identified paralogous groups on mouse chromosomes 5 and 11 reveal the age of a T-box cluster duplication. Genomics. 1997;40:262-6 pubmed..This work facilitates our understanding of the status of the T-box gene family in different vertebrate lineages and also defines a novel paralogy group within the mouse genome. ..
- Chang C, Wang Y, Li R, Rossi D, Liu D, Rossi E, et al. Combination Therapy with Bispecific Antibodies and PD-1 Blockade Enhances the Antitumor Potency of T Cells. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5384-5394 pubmed publisher..They also support the use of 3D spheroids as a predictive alternative to in vivo models for evaluating T-cell functions. Cancer Res; 77(19); 5384-94. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Ahmed Y, Hayashi S, Levine A, Wieschaus E. Regulation of armadillo by a Drosophila APC inhibits neuronal apoptosis during retinal development. Cell. 1998;93:1171-82 pubmed..Uncoupling of these two Arm-induced processes suggests a novel role for the Arm/dTCF complex in the activation of apoptosis. ..
- Song F, Lu S, Gunnet J, Xu J, Wines P, Proost J, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of 3-aryl-3-(4-phenoxy)-propionic acid as a novel series of G protein-coupled receptor 40 agonists. J Med Chem. 2007;50:2807-17 pubmed..Compound 22 exhibited good pharmacokinetic profile in rat and may serve as a good candidate for in vivo study and may help to determine if GPR40 agonists would be beneficial in the treatment of type II diabetes. ..
- Riggleman B, Schedl P, Wieschaus E. Spatial expression of the Drosophila segment polarity gene armadillo is posttranscriptionally regulated by wingless. Cell. 1990;63:549-60 pubmed..Two other segment polarity genes, porcupine and dishevelled, are required for this effect. We also show that arm protein is closely associated with the plasma membrane in virtually all cell types and often colocalizes with F-actin. ..
- Cline T. Evidence that sisterless-a and sisterless-b are two of several discrete "numerator elements" of the X/A sex determination signal in Drosophila that switch Sxl between two alternative stable expression states. Genetics. 1988;119:829-62 pubmed..In that same study it was concluded that region 3E8-4F11 of the X chromosome contained especially potent X/A numerator elements.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Himmelbauer H, Artzt K, Barlow D, Fischer Lindahl K, Lyon M, Klein J, et al. Encyclopedia of the mouse genome III. October 1993. Mouse chromosome 17. Mamm Genome. 1993;4 Spec No:S230-52 pubmed
- Phillips S, Dudík M, Elith J, Graham C, Lehmann A, Leathwick J, et al. Sample selection bias and presence-only distribution models: implications for background and pseudo-absence data. Ecol Appl. 2009;19:181-97 pubmed..We argue that increased awareness of the implications of spatial bias in surveys, and possible modeling remedies, will substantially improve predictions of species distributions. ..
- Biftu T, Sinha Roy R, Chen P, Qian X, Feng D, Kuethe J, et al. Omarigliptin (MK-3102): a novel long-acting DPP-4 inhibitor for once-weekly treatment of type 2 diabetes. J Med Chem. 2014;57:3205-12 pubmed publisher..This manuscript summarizes the mechanism of action, scientific rationale, medicinal chemistry, pharmacokinetic properties, and human efficacy data for omarigliptin, which is currently in phase 3 clinical development. ..
- Schimenti J, Cebra Thomas J, Decker C, Islam S, Pilder S, Silver L. A candidate gene family for the mouse t complex responder (Tcr) locus responsible for haploid effects on sperm function. Cell. 1988;55:71-8 pubmed..Antibodies produced against a product of the putative open reading frame recognize a testes-specific polypeptide. Genetic data support the hypothesis that this polypeptide(s) functions to effect the Tcr phenotype. ..
- Agulnik I, Agulnik S, Saatkamp B, Silver L. Sex-specific modifiers of tail development in mice heterozygous for the brachyury (T) mutation. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:107-10 pubmed
- Zeng Z, Andrew N. Characterization of eprinomectin N-deacetylase in rats. Drug Metab Dispos. 1999;27:269-73 pubmed..Thus, RL2 or an enzyme system similar to RL2 is responsible for the N-deacetylation of eprinomectin. ..
- Clifford R, Schupbach T. The torpedo (DER) receptor tyrosine kinase is required at multiple times during Drosophila embryogenesis. Development. 1992;115:853-72 pubmed..During late embryogenesis, torpedo may mediate the reception of a second signal which regulates ventral epidermal cell differentiation. ..
- Jinks T, Polydorides A, Calhoun G, Schedl P. The JAK/STAT signaling pathway is required for the initial choice of sexual identity in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Cell. 2000;5:581-7 pubmed..upd also functions as a numerator element in regulating wild-type Sxl-Pe reporters. We demonstrate that the JAK kinase, Hopscotch, and the STAT DNA-binding protein, Marelle, are also required for Sxl-Pe activation. ..
- Uhlinger D, Carton J, Argentieri D, Damiano B, Dandrea M. Increased expression of serine palmitoyltransferase (SPT) in balloon-injured rat carotid artery. Thromb Haemost. 2001;86:1320-6 pubmed..The possible functional consequences of this enzyme upregulation and its role in the response to vascular injury are suggested but remain to be determined. ..
- Harris C, Andryuk P, Cline S, Mathew S, Siekierka J, Goldstein G. Structure and mapping of the human thymopoietin (TMPO) gene and relationship of human TMPO beta to rat lamin-associated polypeptide 2. Genomics. 1995;28:198-205 pubmed..Furukawa and L. Gerace, La Jolla, pers. comm., 22 Nov. 1994). The human TMPO gene maps to chromosome band 12q22. ..
- Vaquero A, Scher M, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Serrano L, Reinberg D. SIRT1 regulates the histone methyl-transferase SUV39H1 during heterochromatin formation. Nature. 2007;450:440-4 pubmed..These findings demonstrate a functional link between the heterochromatin-related histone methyltransferase SUV39H1 and the histone deacetylase SIRT1. ..
- Robinson W. Innovative early development regulatory approaches: expIND, expCTA, microdosing. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2008;83:358-60 pubmed..This article reviews the history of these emerging guidances as well as the experience to date in their use by the industry. ..
- Trimmer G, Freeman J, Priston R, Urbanus J. Results of chronic dietary toxicity studies of high viscosity (P70H and P100H) white mineral oils in Fischer 344 rats. Toxicol Pathol. 2004;32:439-47 pubmed..Thus, under the conditions of these studies, the No Observable Adverse Effect Level (NOAEL) for these studies was considered to be 1,200 mg/kg/day. ..
- Lin R, Connolly P, Huang S, Wetter S, Lu Y, Murray W, et al. 1-Acyl-1H-[1,2,4]triazole-3,5-diamine analogues as novel and potent anticancer cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors: synthesis and evaluation of biological activities. J Med Chem. 2005;48:4208-11 pubmed..Representative compound 3b demonstrated in vivo efficacy in a human melanoma A375 xenograft model in nude mice. ..
- Mann C, Peachee V, Trimmer G, Lee J, Twerdok L, White K. Immunotoxicity evaluation of jet a jet fuel in female rats after 28-day dermal exposure. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2008;71:495-504 pubmed publisher..It remains to be determined whether the observed difference between this study and some other studies reflects a difference in the immunological response of rats and mice or is the result of other factors. ..
- Vitale L, Blanset D, Lowy I, O Neill T, Goldstein J, Little S, et al. Prophylaxis and therapy of inhalational anthrax by a novel monoclonal antibody to protective antigen that mimics vaccine-induced immunity. Infect Immun. 2006;74:5840-7 pubmed
- Veneziale R, Bral C, Sinha D, Watkins R, Cartwright M, Rosenblum I, et al. SCH 412499: biodistribution and safety of an adenovirus containing P21(WAF-1/CIP-1) following subconjunctival injection in Cynomolgus monkeys. Cutan Ocul Toxicol. 2007;26:83-105 pubmed..Electroretinograms and visual evoked potentials revealed no adverse findings. Thus, the findings are not expected to preclude the clinical investigation of SCH 412499. ..
- Flanagan J, Rossi B, Tang K, Wu X, Mascioli K, Donaudy F, et al. The pharmacological chaperone 1-deoxynojirimycin increases the activity and lysosomal trafficking of multiple mutant forms of acid alpha-glucosidase. Hum Mutat. 2009;30:1683-92 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data support further evaluation of DNJ as a potential treatment for Pompe disease in patients that express responsive forms of GAA. ..
- Guan X, Arhin G, Leung J, Tilghman S. Linkage between vitamin D-binding protein and alpha-fetoprotein in the mouse. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:103-6 pubmed
- Schejter E, Rose L, Postner M, Wieschaus E. Role of the zygotic genome in the restructuring of the actin cytoskeleton at the cycle-14 transition during Drosophila embryogenesis. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 1992;57:653-9 pubmed
- Berry A, Ajioka J, Kreitman M. Lack of polymorphism on the Drosophila fourth chromosome resulting from selection. Genetics. 1991;129:1111-7 pubmed..By simulation, we estimate there to be a 50% chance that the selective sweeps occurred within the past 30,000 years in D. melanogaster and 75,000 in D. simulans...
- Vasicek T, Zeng L, Guan X, Zhang T, Costantini F, Tilghman S. Two dominant mutations in the mouse fused gene are the result of transposon insertions. Genetics. 1997;147:777-86 pubmed..In both mutants the dominant kink-tailed phenotype is likely to result from the synthesis of similar amino-terminal fragments of Axin protein that would contain the RGS domain, but lack the dishevelled domain. ..
- Traianedes K, Russell J, Edwards J, Stubbs H, Shanahan I, Knaack D. Donor age and gender effects on osteoinductivity of demineralized bone matrix. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2004;70:21-9 pubmed..The results confirm that properly processed demineralized bone from donors through at least 85 years of age is a viable grafting material. ..
- Garcia R, Search D, Lupisella J, Ostrowski J, Guan B, Chen J, et al. 11?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 gene knockout attenuates atherosclerosis and in vivo foam cell formation in hyperlipidemic apoE?/? mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53192 pubmed publisher..The diminished cytokine response to oxidized LDL stimulation is consistent with the reduction in TLR expression and suggests involvement of 11?HSD1 in modulating binding of pro-atherogenic TLR ligands. ..
- Manser T. Limits on heavy chain junctional diversity contribute to the recurrence of an antibody variable region. Mol Immunol. 1990;27:503-11 pubmed
- Stiefel E, Grossman M, Hinton S, Minak Bernero V, George G, Prince R, et al. Bacterioferritin: a hemoprotein member of the ferritin family. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1994;356:157-64 pubmed
- Irvine K, Wieschaus E. fringe, a Boundary-specific signaling molecule, mediates interactions between dorsal and ventral cells during Drosophila wing development. Cell. 1994;79:595-606 pubmed..These observations suggest that fringe encodes a boundary-specific cell-signaling molecule that is responsible for dorsal-ventral cell interactions during wing development. ..
- Qin H, Srinivasula S, Wu G, Fernandes Alnemri T, Alnemri E, Shi Y. Structural basis of procaspase-9 recruitment by the apoptotic protease-activating factor 1. Nature. 1999;399:549-57 pubmed
- Dawes Hoang R, Wieschaus E. Cell and developmental biology--a shared past, an intertwined future. Dev Cell. 2001;1:27-36 pubmed..Our goal in this commentary is to examine the common origin of cell and developmental biology, to explore ways in which they currently interact, and to consider the connections and differences that exist between these two fields. ..
- Roth S. Axis determination. Proteolytic generation of a morphogen. Curr Biol. 1994;4:755-7 pubmed..Ventral activation of a transmembrane receptor, Toll, is a crucial step in dorsoventral axis establishment in Drosophila embryos. The ventral ligand for Toll seems to be a proteolytic fragment of the Spätzle protein. ..
- Jain N, Kanojia R, Xu J, Jian Zhong G, Pacia E, Lai M, et al. Novel chromene-derived selective estrogen receptor modulators useful for alleviating hot flushes and vaginal dryness. J Med Chem. 2006;49:3056-9 pubmed..Moreover, 1-(R) was found to have beneficial effects on plasma cholesterol and bone metabolism while maintaining antiestrogenic activity in the uterus. The biological profile of its enantiomer 1-(S) was also evaluated. ..
- Prendergast G, Diamond L, Dahl D, Cole M. The c-myc-regulated gene mrl encodes plasminogen activator inhibitor 1. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:1265-9 pubmed..We discuss possible roles for PAI-1 in normal and neoplastic cell growth control. ..
- Lantz V, Chang J, Horabin J, Bopp D, Schedl P. The Drosophila orb RNA-binding protein is required for the formation of the egg chamber and establishment of polarity. Genes Dev. 1994;8:598-613 pubmed..It then functions in the differentiation of the oocyte and is required for the three-dimensional reorganization of the germ cells in the cyst as well as for the establishment of normal germ-line-soma interactions in the egg chamber. ..
- Bejsovec A, Wieschaus E. Segment polarity gene interactions modulate epidermal patterning in Drosophila embryos. Development. 1993;119:501-17 pubmed
- Peter N, Shah R, Chen J, Irintchev A, Schachner M. Adhesion molecules close homolog of L1 and tenascin-C affect blood-spinal cord barrier repair. Neuroreport. 2012;23:479-82 pubmed publisher..Results show that CHL1 reduces and tenascin-C enhances BSCB permeability, suggesting a correlation between functional outcome and BSCB repair. ..
- Leighton P, Saam J, Ingram R, Stewart C, Tilghman S. An enhancer deletion affects both H19 and Igf2 expression. Genes Dev. 1995;9:2079-89 pubmed..A modest decline in Ins-2 RNA was observed in the yolk sac. In contrast Mash-2, which is expressed in spongiotrophoblast cells of the placenta, was unaffected by the enhancer deletion. ..
- Atkinson B, Bell S, De Vivo M, Kowalski L, Lechner S, Ognyanov V, et al. ALX 5407: a potent, selective inhibitor of the hGlyT1 glycine transporter. Mol Pharmacol. 2001;60:1414-20 pubmed..ALX 5407 represents a novel tool in the investigation of N-methyl-D-aspartate-receptor function. This class of drug may lead to novel therapies in the treatment of schizophrenia. ..
- Aubry A, Dean B, Diczfalusy U, Goodenough A, Iffland A, McLeod J, et al. Recommendations on the Development of a Bioanalytical Assay for 4?-Hydroxycholesterol, an Emerging Endogenous Biomarker of CYP3A Activity. AAPS J. 2016;18:1056-66 pubmed publisher..As an endogenous biomarker, 4?-HC offers the opportunity for less invasive assessment of CYP3A induction potential of new drugs during clinical development. ..
- Yang C, Lu G, Ju J, Li G. Inhibition of inflammation and carcinogenesis in the lung and colon by tocopherols. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2010;1203:29-34 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the antioxidative, anti-inflammatory, and anticarcinogenic activities of tocopherols. ..
- Autieri M, Haines D, Romanic A, Ohlstein E. Expression of 14-3-3 gamma in injured arteries and growth factor- and cytokine-stimulated human vascular smooth muscle cells. Cell Growth Differ. 1996;7:1453-60 pubmed..These results indicate that 14-3-3 gamma expression increases in response to vessel damage and proliferative signals and may implicate a role for the gamma isoform of 14-3-3 in VSMC activation and metabolism. ..