Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Illinois, United States
Locale: Illinois, United States
Publications273 found, 100 shown here
- Tompkins K. Molecular mechanisms of cytodifferentiation in mammalian tooth development. Connect Tissue Res. 2006;47:111-8 pubmed..Additionally, recent results suggest that phenotypic proteins of both ameloblasts and odontoblasts, such as amelogenin and dentin matrix protein 2 may act as the final instructive signals in cytodifferentiation...
- Strakhova M, Nikkel A, Manelli A, Hsieh G, Esbenshade T, Brioni J, et al. Localization of histamine H4 receptors in the central nervous system of human and rat. Brain Res. 2009;1250:41-8 pubmed publisher..Our observations provide evidence of the H(4) presence in both human and rodent CNS and offer some insight into possible role of H(4) in itch and pain. ..
- Zhang Q, Yang M, Shen J, Gerhold L, Hoffman R, Xing H. The role of the intravascular microenvironment in spontaneous metastasis development. Int J Cancer. 2010;126:2534-41 pubmed publisher..Intravascular tumor cells may represent a therapeutic target to inhibit the development of extravascular metastases. Therefore, this imageable model of intravascular metastasis may be used for evaluation of novel anti-metastatic agents. ..
- Chan Y, Olvera J, Wool I. The primary structure of rat ribosomal protein L14. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;222:427-31 pubmed..The carboxyl-terminal amino acid sequences of rat L14 and of chicken histone H1 are related. Mutation of the Drosophila melanogaster homolog of rat L14 causes a severe Minute phenotype. ..
- Budinger G, Chandel N, Shao Z, Li C, Melmed A, Becker L, et al. Cellular energy utilization and supply during hypoxia in embryonic cardiac myocytes. Am J Physiol. 1996;270:L44-53 pubmed..This mechanism may represent a protective response to cellular hypoxia...
- Palopoli M, Wu C. Rapid evolution of a coadapted gene complex: evidence from the Segregation Distorter (SD) system of meiotic drive in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1996;143:1675-88 pubmed..Finally, the large genomic region hitchhiking with SD indicates that a multilocus, epistatically selected system could affect the levels of DNA polymorphism observed in regions of reduced recombination...
- She H, Rockow S, Tang J, Nishimura R, Skolnik E, Chen M, et al. Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein is associated with the adapter protein Grb2 and the epidermal growth factor receptor in living cells. Mol Biol Cell. 1997;8:1709-21 pubmed..This study suggests that Grb2 translocates WASp from the cytoplasm to the plasma membrane and the Grb2-WASp complex may play a role in linking receptor tyrosine kinases to the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Wu Wong J, Berg C, Wang J, Chiou W, Fissel B. Endothelin stimulates glucose uptake and GLUT4 translocation via activation of endothelin ETA receptor in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:8103-10 pubmed..Genistein (100 microM), an inhibitor of tyrosine kinases, inhibited ET-1-stimulated glucose uptake. Our results show that ET-1 stimulates GLUT4 translocation and glucose uptake in 3T3-L1 adipocytes via activation of ETA receptor. ..
- Karoor S, Molina J, Buchmann C, Colton C, Logan J, Henderson L. Immunoaffinity removal of xenoreactive antibodies using modified dialysis or microfiltration membranes. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2003;81:134-48 pubmed..We conclude that immunoaffinity removal of xenoreactive antibodies using microfiltration hollow fiber membranes is feasible and has potential advantages of efficiency and simplicity for clinical application. ..
- Brink T, Mason P. Raphe magnus neurons respond to noxious colorectal distension. J Neurophysiol. 2003;89:2506-15 pubmed..The dissociation between the responses to cutaneous heat and CRD demonstrates that cell classes based on the response to noxious heat are not homogeneous and may play multiple functional roles. ..
- Valuckaite V, Zaborina O, Long J, Hauer Jensen M, Wang J, Holbrook C, et al. Oral PEG 15-20 protects the intestine against radiation: role of lipid rafts. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;297:G1041-52 pubmed publisher..PEG 15-20 appeared to exert its protective effect via its binding to lipid rafts by preventing their coalescence, a hallmark feature in intestinal epithelial cells exposed to radiation. ..
- Tobin M, Laghi F, Jubran A. Narrative review: ventilator-induced respiratory muscle weakness. Ann Intern Med. 2010;153:240-5 pubmed publisher..Research on ventilator-induced respiratory muscle injury is in its infancy and portends to be an exciting area to follow...
- Cheng J, Turksen K, Yu Q, Schreiber H, Teng M, Fuchs E. Cachexia and graft-vs.-host-disease-type skin changes in keratin promoter-driven TNF alpha transgenic mice. Genes Dev. 1992;6:1444-56 pubmed..Our results have enabled the first evaluation of many of the effects of TNF alpha in transgenic animals. ..
- Nagamatsu S, Kornhauser J, Burant C, Seino S, Mayo K, Bell G. Glucose transporter expression in brain. cDNA sequence of mouse GLUT3, the brain facilitative glucose transporter isoform, and identification of sites of expression by in situ hybridization. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:467-72 pubmed..Antisera to mouse GLUT3 immunoblotted a series of proteins of 45-50 kDa in mouse brain plasma membranes. These results are consistent with GLUT3 being a neuronal glucose transporter. ..
- Krueger R, Fields T, Hildreth J, Schwartz N. Chick cartilage chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan core protein. I. Generation and characterization of peptides and specificity for glycosaminoglycan attachment. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:12075-87 pubmed..These studies allow estimates of core peptide masses in the absence of carbohydrate as well as provide primary amino acid sequence for O-xylosylated serine residues in the multiply substituted proteoglycans. ..
- Davidson N, Powell L, Wallis S, Scott J. Thyroid hormone modulates the introduction of a stop codon in rat liver apolipoprotein B messenger RNA. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:13482-5 pubmed..The results demonstrate that apoB mRNA modification can be hormonally modulated in the adult rat by induction of a mechanism involving substitution of a stop codon into hepatic apoB100 mRNA. ..
- Lyle S, Stanczak J, Westley J, Schwartz N. Sulfate-activating enzymes in normal and brachymorphic mice: evidence for a channeling defect. Biochemistry. 1995;34:940-5 pubmed
- Banerjee P, Boyers M, Berry Kravis E, Dawson G. Preferential beta-hexosaminidase (Hex) A (alpha beta) formation in the absence of beta-Hex B (beta beta) due to heterozygous point mutations present in beta-Hex beta-chain alleles of a motor neuron disease patient. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:4819-26 pubmed
- Quigg R, Lim A, Haas M, Alexander J, He C, Carroll M. Immune complex glomerulonephritis in C4- and C3-deficient mice. Kidney Int. 1998;53:320-30 pubmed..These results illustrate the complex interplay between the effects of complement to process immune complexes and to lead to inflammation and tissue injury...
- Snook R, Cleland S, Wolfner M, Karr T. Offsetting effects of Wolbachia infection and heat shock on sperm production in Drosophila simulans: analyses of fecundity, fertility and accessory gland proteins. Genetics. 2000;155:167-78 pubmed..Given these results, the roles Wolbachia and heat shock play in mediating male gamete production may be important parameters for understanding the dynamics of infection in natural populations...
- Baroody F, Naclerio R. Antiallergic effects of H1-receptor antagonists. Allergy. 2000;55 Suppl 64:17-27 pubmed..The assessment of the clinical significance of these results and research regarding the parts of the molecules responsible for these activities are underway. ..
- Zhou R, Vander Heiden M, Rudin C. Genotoxic exposure is associated with alterations in glucose uptake and metabolism. Cancer Res. 2002;62:3515-20 pubmed..Mitochondrial responses to the resulting rapid decrease in metabolic substrates may play an important role in initiation of apoptotic cell death. ..
- Dai Y, Guo Y, Frey R, Ji Z, Curtin M, Ahmed A, et al. Thienopyrimidine ureas as novel and potent multitargeted receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors. J Med Chem. 2005;48:6066-83 pubmed..day, per os (po)). ..
- Goswami A. Morphological integration in the carnivoran skull. Evolution. 2006;60:169-83 pubmed..These results support the proposition that evolutionary history is correlated with cranial integration across large clades, although in some smaller clades diet also exerts significant influence on the correlated evolution of traits...
- Zhang M, Park S, Wang Y, Shah R, Liu N, Murmann A, et al. Serine protease inhibitor 6 protects cytotoxic T cells from self-inflicted injury by ensuring the integrity of cytotoxic granules. Immunity. 2006;24:451-61 pubmed..Spi6 KO CTLs revealed a breakdown in the integrity of cytotoxic granules, increased cytoplasmic GrB, and ensuing apoptosis. We conclude that Spi6 protects CTLs from suicide caused by GrB-mediated breakdown of cytotoxic granules. ..
- Walter J, Dunn R, Wurster R, Laghi F. Microstimulators and intramuscular hook electrodes for the stimulation of respiratory muscles. J Spinal Cord Med. 2007;30:338-45 pubmed..Intramuscular hook electrodes, model microstimulators (M-Micro) developed in our laboratory, and commercial radiofrequency microstimulators (RFM) (Alfred Mann Foundation, Valencia, CA), were employed in this investigation...
- Perez Medrano A, Donnelly Roberts D, Honore P, Hsieh G, Namovic M, Peddi S, et al. Discovery and biological evaluation of novel cyanoguanidine P2X(7) antagonists with analgesic activity in a rat model of neuropathic pain. J Med Chem. 2009;52:3366-76 pubmed publisher..These results suggest an important role of P2X(7) receptors in neuropathic pain and therefore a potential use of P2X(7) antagonists as novel therapeutic tools for the treatment of this type of pain. ..
- Yu Kemp H, Brieher W. Collapsin Response Mediator Protein-1 Regulates Arp2/3-dependent Actin Assembly. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:658-64 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate an important role for CRMP-1 in Listeria actin comet tail formation and open the possibility that CRMP-1 controls cell motility by modulating Arp2/3 activation. ..
- Krueger R, Fields T, Mensch J, Schwartz N. Chick cartilage chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan core protein. II. Nucleotide sequence of cDNA clone and localization of the S103L epitope. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:12088-97 pubmed
- Chan Y, Devi K, Olvera J, Wool I. The primary structure of rat ribosomal protein S3. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1990;283:546-50 pubmed..Hybridization of rat S3 cDNA to digests of nuclear DNA suggests that there are 8-10 copies of the S3 gene. The mRNA for the protein is about 950 nucleotides in length. ..
- Avila J, Wang Y, Barbaro B, Gangemi A, Qi M, Kuechle J, et al. Improved outcomes in islet isolation and transplantation by the use of a novel hemoglobin-based O2 carrier. Am J Transplant. 2006;6:2861-70 pubmed..5 days, p = 0.02), and glucose tolerance improved in the Poly SFH-P group (AUC 8106 +/- 590 vs. 10,863 +/- 946, p = 0.03). Oxygenated Poly SFH-P improves islet isolation and transplantation outcomes by preserving mitochondrial integrity. ..
- Hoekstra W, Hargrove T, Wawrzak Z, da Gama Jaen Batista D, Da Silva C, Nefertiti A, et al. Clinical Candidate VT-1161's Antiparasitic Effect In Vitro, Activity in a Murine Model of Chagas Disease, and Structural Characterization in Complex with the Target Enzyme CYP51 from Trypanosoma cruzi. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:1058-66 pubmed publisher
- Kuwano Y, Olvera J, Wool I. The primary structure of rat ribosomal protein S5. A ribosomal protein present in the rat genome in a single copy. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:25304-8 pubmed..There is a peptide of 16 residues at the carboxyl terminus of S5 that is highly conserved in 18 species spanning the three kingdoms and chloroplasts. ..
- Suzuki K, Wool I. The primary structure of rat ribosomal protein L17. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;178:322-8 pubmed..Rat L17 is homologous to human L17 and related to Saccharomyces cerevisiae YL17, Halobacterium marismortui L23, Halobacterium halobium L22e, Escherichia coli L22 and other members of the prokaryotic L22 family. ..
- Kuo W, Gehm B, Rosner M. Cloning and expression of the cDNA for a Drosophila insulin-degrading enzyme. Mol Endocrinol. 1990;4:1580-91 pubmed..These results indicate that the properties of the IDE are evolutionarily conserved. ..
- Wylam M, Samsel R, Umans J, Mitchell R, Leff A, Schumacker P. Endotoxin in vivo impairs endothelium-dependent relaxation of canine arteries in vitro. Am Rev Respir Dis. 1990;142:1263-7 pubmed..The data suggest that vascular changes in endotoxemia are accompanied by alteration in endothelial cell function, perhaps through altered endothelial production of vasodilatory mediators. ..
- Suzuki K, Olvera J, Wool I. The primary structure of rat ribosomal protein L35. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;167:1377-82 pubmed..The protein contains a possible internal duplication of 11 residues. ..
- Glesne D, Collart F, Varkony T, Drabkin H, Huberman E. Chromosomal localization and structure of the human type II IMP dehydrogenase gene (IMPDH2). Genomics. 1993;16:274-7 pubmed..The gene for type II IMPDH was localized and oriented on this map and found to span no more than 12.5 kb. ..
- Rand E, Depaoli A, Davidson N, Bell G, Burant C. Sequence, tissue distribution, and functional characterization of the rat fructose transporter GLUT5. Am J Physiol. 1993;264:G1169-76 pubmed..In addition, there was quantitatively more GLUT5 mRNA detected in the proximal as opposed to the distal small intestine...
- Pohlenz J, Medeiros Neto G, Gross J, Silveiro S, Knobel M, Refetoff S. Hypothyroidism in a Brazilian kindred due to iodide trapping defect caused by a homozygous mutation in the sodium/iodide symporter gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;240:488-91 pubmed..While the homozygous mutant NIS-272X causes congenital hypothyroidism, expression of one normal allele in the heterozygote (C272X) is sufficient to maintain active thyroidal I- uptake and function...
- Gopalakrishnan M, Buckner S, Whiteaker K, Shieh C, Molinari E, Milicic I, et al. (-)-(9S)-9-(3-Bromo-4-fluorophenyl)-2,3,5,6,7,9-hexahydrothieno[3,2-b]quinolin-8(4H)-one 1,1-dioxide (A-278637): a novel ATP-sensitive potassium channel opener efficacious in suppressing urinary bladder contractions. I. In vitro characterization. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2002;303:379-86 pubmed..The pharmacological profile of A-278637 represents an attractive basis for further investigations of selective K(ATP) channel openers for the treatment of overactive bladder via myogenic etiology...
- Sadow P, Chassande O, Gauthier K, Samarut J, Xu J, O Malley B, et al. Specificity of thyroid hormone receptor subtype and steroid receptor coactivator-1 on thyroid hormone action. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2003;284:E36-46 pubmed
- Nelson D, Gregg R, Kort M, Perez Medrano A, Voight E, Wang Y, et al. Structure-activity relationship studies on a series of novel, substituted 1-benzyl-5-phenyltetrazole P2X7 antagonists. J Med Chem. 2006;49:3659-66 pubmed..Compound 15d was advanced to efficacy studies in a model of neuropathic pain where significant reversal of mechanical allodynia was observed at doses that did not affect motor coordination. ..
- Kannan Thulasiraman P, Katsoulidis E, Tallman M, Arthur J, Platanias L. Activation of the mitogen- and stress-activated kinase 1 by arsenic trioxide. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:22446-52 pubmed..Altogether, these findings indicate an important role for MSK1 downstream of p38 in the regulation of As2O3 responses. ..
- Donawho C, Luo Y, Luo Y, Penning T, Bauch J, Bouska J, et al. ABT-888, an orally active poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor that potentiates DNA-damaging agents in preclinical tumor models. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:2728-37 pubmed..This broad spectrum of chemopotentiation and radiopotentiation makes this compound an attractive candidate for clinical evaluation. ..
- Wu Wong J, Nakane M, Ma J, Ruan X, Kroeger P. Elevated phosphorus modulates vitamin D receptor-mediated gene expression in human vascular smooth muscle cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2007;293:F1592-604 pubmed..Our results demonstrate for the first time that elevated Pi affects VDR-mediated gene expression in human coronary artery SMCs and the effect is not limited to VDR in SMCs. ..
- Eadon M, Hack B, Xu C, Ko B, Toback F, Cunningham P. Endotoxemia alters tight junction gene and protein expression in the kidney. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2012;303:F821-30 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, reduced mRNA expression was found only for claudin-8. This study provides further support that LPS-induced AKI is associated with structural injury and is not merely due to hemodynamic changes...
- Chang C, Moskal S, Srivenugopal K, Schumer W. Altered levels of mRNA encoding enzymes of hepatic glucose metabolism in septic rats. Circ Shock. 1993;41:35-9 pubmed..We concluded that sepsis affects mRNA levels of glycolytic and gluconeogenic enzymes at the transcriptional level, and that these alterations are associated with glucose dyshomeostasis. ..
- Gupta M, Amin C, Gupta M, Hay N, Zak R. Transcription enhancer factor 1 interacts with a basic helix-loop-helix zipper protein, Max, for positive regulation of cardiac alpha-myosin heavy-chain gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:3924-36 pubmed..These results demonstrate a novel association between Max and TEF-1 and indicate a positive cooperation between these two factors in alpha-MHC gene regulation. ..
- Fuchs E, Dowling J, Segre J, Lo S, Yu Q. Integrators of epidermal growth and differentiation: distinct functions for beta 1 and beta 4 integrins. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 1997;7:672-82 pubmed..In the past year, novel insights have emerged regarding the specific role of integrins in their attachment to extracellular matrix and in their signal transduction pathways within the epidermis. ..
- Segre J, Bauer C, Fuchs E. Klf4 is a transcription factor required for establishing the barrier function of the skin. Nat Genet. 1999;22:356-60 pubmed..Our studies provide new insights into transcriptional governance of barrier function, and pave the way for unravelling the molecular events that orchestrate this essential process. ..
- Fang S, Takahashi A, Wu C. A mutation in the promoter of desaturase 2 is correlated with sexual isolation between Drosophila behavioral races. Genetics. 2002;162:781-4 pubmed..These two behavioral races appear to be at the incipient stage of speciation. The desaturase 2 mutation may be one of the many loci underlying the behavioral differences between the two races. ..
- Sun W, Mao S, Shi Y, Li L, Fang L. Nanonization of itraconazole by high pressure homogenization: stabilizer optimization and effect of particle size on oral absorption. J Pharm Sci. 2011;100:3365-3373 pubmed publisher..However, the AUC was not significantly affected by further reduction of the particle size within the nano-size range. ..
- Chan Y, Olvera J, Paz V, Wool I. The primary structure of rat ribosomal protein L11. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;185:356-62 pubmed..The mRNA for the protein is about 800 nucleotides in length. Rat L11 is homologous to ribosomal proteins from other eukaryotes and is related to the L5 family of proteins from eubacterial and archaebacterial ribosomes. ..
- Stein S, Zhang L, Roos R. Influence of Theiler's murine encephalomyelitis virus 5' untranslated region on translation and neurovirulence. J Virol. 1992;66:4508-17 pubmed..These studies emphasize the multigenic nature of neurovirulence and the importance of translation in the regulation of picornaviral gene expression. ..
- Sejersted O, Wasserstrom J, Fozzard H. Na,K pump stimulation by intracellular Na in isolated, intact sheep cardiac Purkinje fibers. J Gen Physiol. 1988;91:445-66 pubmed..94)/(95.2 + aNai(1.94)). The maximum sensitivity of the Na,K pump to aiNa occurred at approximately 6 mM. ..
- Braithwaite S, Palazuk B, Colca J, Edwards C, Hofmann C. Reduced expression of hexokinase II in insulin-resistant diabetes. Diabetes. 1995;44:43-8 pubmed..In comparison with untreated diabetic mice, there was an increase in the abundance of HKII protein in epididymal fat of animals treated with pioglitazone (P < 0.05).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Lehto M, Xiang K, Stoffel M, Espinosa R, Groop L, Le Beau M, et al. Human hexokinase II: localization of the polymorphic gene to chromosome 2. Diabetologia. 1993;36:1299-302 pubmed..In addition, we have identified and characterized a simple tandem repeat DNA polymorphism in HK2 and used this DNA polymorphism to localize this gene within the genetic linkage map of chromosome 2. ..
- Eide F, Vining E, Eide B, Zang K, Wang X, Reichardt L. Naturally occurring truncated trkB receptors have dominant inhibitory effects on brain-derived neurotrophic factor signaling. J Neurosci. 1996;16:3123-9 pubmed..Furthermore, the homodimerization of gp145trkB appears to be an essential step in activation of the BDNF signaling cascade. ..
- Maltepe E, Schmidt J, Baunoch D, Bradfield C, Simon M. Abnormal angiogenesis and responses to glucose and oxygen deprivation in mice lacking the protein ARNT. Nature. 1997;386:403-7 pubmed
- Chesneau V, Perlman R, Li W, Keller G, Rosner M. Insulin-degrading enzyme does not require peroxisomal localization for insulin degradation. Endocrinology. 1997;138:3444-51 pubmed..These findings indicate that insulin-degrading enzyme does not require peroxisomal localization for insulin degradation and suggest that this enzyme has multiple cellular functions. ..
- Raup D. Extinction from a paleontological perspective. Eur Rev. 1993;1:207-16 pubmed..Extinction certainly plays an important role in evolution, but whether it is constructive or destructive has not yet been determined. ..
- Rondinone C, Trevillyan J, Clampit J, Gum R, Berg C, Kroeger P, et al. Protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B reduction regulates adiposity and expression of genes involved in lipogenesis. Diabetes. 2002;51:2405-11 pubmed..These results demonstrate that PTP1B antisense treatment can modulate fat storage and lipogenesis in adipose tissue and might implicate PTP1B in the enlargement of adipocyte energy stores and development of obesity. ..
- Ludwig M, Palsson A, Alekseeva E, Bergman C, Nathan J, Kreitman M. Functional evolution of a cis-regulatory module. PLoS Biol. 2005;3:e93 pubmed..Our findings have implications for understanding enhancer structure-function, mechanisms of speciation and computational identification of regulatory modules. ..
- Josephson M, Williams J, Chandraker A, Randhawa P. Polyomavirus-associated nephropathy: update on antiviral strategies. Transpl Infect Dis. 2006;8:95-101 pubmed..The third protocol examines fluoroquinolone control of polyoma urinary excretion. Patients responded to all 3 strategies. These promising approaches deserve further evaluation with prospective controlled studies. ..
- Vos M, Neelands T, McDonald H, Choi W, Kroeger P, Puttfarcken P, et al. TRPV1b overexpression negatively regulates TRPV1 responsiveness to capsaicin, heat and low pH in HEK293 cells. J Neurochem. 2006;99:1088-102 pubmed..Taken together, these data support the hypothesis that TRPV1b is a naturally existing inhibitory modulator of TRPV1. ..
- Masuho I, Mototani Y, Sahara Y, Asami J, Nakamura S, Kozasa T, et al. Dynamic expression patterns of G protein-regulated inducer of neurite outgrowth 1 (GRIN1) and its colocalization with Galphao implicate significant roles of Galphao-GRIN1 signaling in nervous system. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:2415-29 pubmed publisher
- Kim S, Hijazi Z, Lang R, Knight B. The use of intracardiac echocardiography and other intracardiac imaging tools to guide noncoronary cardiac interventions. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009;53:2117-28 pubmed publisher..Most of this review will be devoted to intracardiac echocardiography, which currently has the broadest number of applications. ..
- Spofford J, DeSalle R. Nucleolus organizer-suppressed position-effect variegation in Drosophila melanogaster. Genet Res. 1991;57:245-55 pubmed..A corollary of the structural model is functional subdivision of heterochromatin, which would enable the use of PEV as a tool for its study. ..
- Golic K, Lindquist S. The FLP recombinase of yeast catalyzes site-specific recombination in the Drosophila genome. Cell. 1989;59:499-509 pubmed..The recombinase is also active in the germline, producing white-eyed and dark-red-eyed progeny. ..
- Summers J, Gunn B, Mazdiyasni H, Goetze A, Young P, Bouska J, et al. In vivo characterization of hydroxamic acid inhibitors of 5-lipoxygenase. J Med Chem. 1987;30:2121-6 pubmed..Several members of this class of hydroxamates are described that are orally active inhibitors of leukotriene synthesis. ..
- Picot D, Loll P, Garavito R. The X-ray crystal structure of the membrane protein prostaglandin H2 synthase-1. Nature. 1994;367:243-9 pubmed..The conformation of the membrane-binding motif strongly suggests that the enzyme integrates into only one leaflet of the lipid bilayer and is thus a monotopic membrane protein. ..
- Choi A, Cahill A, Perry B, Perlman R. Histamine evokes greater increases in phosphatidylinositol metabolism and catecholamine secretion in epinephrine-containing than in norepinephrine-containing chromaffin cells. J Neurochem. 1993;61:541-9 pubmed..The greater density of H1 receptors on epinephrine cells may account for the greater effects of histamine on InsP1 accumulation and catecholamine secretion in these cells. ..
- Hollocher H, Wu C. The genetics of reproductive isolation in the Drosophila simulans clade: X vs. autosomal effects and male vs. female effects. Genetics. 1996;143:1243-55 pubmed..In light of these findings, we reevaluate the current models proposed to explain the genetic pattern of reproductive isolation...
- Wischmeyer P, Musch M, Madonna M, Thisted R, Chang E. Glutamine protects intestinal epithelial cells: role of inducible HSP70. Am J Physiol. 1997;272:G879-84 pubmed..Quercetin blocked HSP70 induction and the protective effect of Gln and DON. We conclude that the protective effects of Gln in intestinal epithelial cells are in part mediated by HSP70 induction...
- Yao J, Ye S, Burgess W, Zachary J, Kelley K, Johnson R. Mice deficient in interleukin-1beta converting enzyme resist anorexia induced by central lipopolysaccharide. Am J Physiol. 1999;277:R1435-43 pubmed..These results suggest that preventing generation of mature IL-1beta can inhibit anorexia induced by LPS in the brain and, therefore, reveal ICE as a potential target for regulating food intake during brain inflammation. ..
- Zanger K, Radovick S, Wondisford F. CREB binding protein recruitment to the transcription complex requires growth factor-dependent phosphorylation of its GF box. Mol Cell. 2001;7:551-8 pubmed..Direct phosphorylation represents a novel mechanism controlling coactivator recruitment to the transcription complex. ..
- Cornish T, Branch D, Wheeler B, Campanelli J. Microcontact printing: a versatile technique for the study of synaptogenic molecules. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2002;20:140-53 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that microcontact printing is applicable to the analysis of cellular response to locally immobilized information molecules. ..
- Webb G, Dey A, Wang J, Stein J, Milewski M, Steiner D. Altered proglucagon processing in an alpha-cell line derived from prohormone convertase 2 null mouse islets. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:31068-75 pubmed
- Sullivan J, Gordon J, Palmer A. Simulation of oxygen carrier mediated oxygen transport to C3A hepatoma cells housed within a hollow fiber bioreactor. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2006;93:306-17 pubmed..Nonetheless, we demonstrate that the O2 transport model accurately predicts O2 consumption within a HF bioreactor, thus setting up the modeling framework for improving the design of future hepatic HF bioreactors. ..
- Cui M, Honore P, Zhong C, Gauvin D, Mikusa J, Hernandez G, et al. TRPV1 receptors in the CNS play a key role in broad-spectrum analgesia of TRPV1 antagonists. J Neurosci. 2006;26:9385-93 pubmed..In addition, these results demonstrate that significant CNS penetration is necessary for a TRPV1 antagonist to produce broad-spectrum analgesia. ..
- Chen Y, Smith M, Sheets M, Ballaron S, Trevillyan J, Burke S, et al. Zotarolimus, a novel sirolimus analogue with potent anti-proliferative activity on coronary smooth muscle cells and reduced potential for systemic immunosuppression. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2007;49:228-35 pubmed..The pharmacological profile of zotarolimus suggests it may be advantageous for preventing restenosis with a reduced potential for causing systemic immunosuppression or other side effects. ..
- Foley D, Sharpe H, Otte S. Membrane topology of the endoplasmic reticulum to Golgi transport factor Erv29p. Mol Membr Biol. 2007;24:259-68 pubmed..Erv29p contains four transmembrane domains with both termini exposed to the cytosol. Two luminal loops may contain a recognition site for hydrophobic export signals on soluble cargo. ..
- Lysakowski A, Goldberg J. Ultrastructural analysis of the cristae ampullares in the squirrel monkey (Saimiri sciureus). J Comp Neurol. 2008;511:47-64 pubmed publisher..Unlike cristae, type II HCs predominate in monkey maculae. Differences in hair-cell counts may reflect the stimulus magnitudes handled by semicircular canals and otolith organs...