Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in California, United States
Locale: California, United States
Publications1023 found, 100 shown here
- Mayr B, Montminy M. Transcriptional regulation by the phosphorylation-dependent factor CREB. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2001;2:599-609 pubmed..CREB is phosphorylated in response to various signals, but how is specificity achieved in these signalling pathways? ..
- Robinson W, DiGennaro C, Hueber W, Haab B, Kamachi M, Dean E, et al. Autoantigen microarrays for multiplex characterization of autoantibody responses. Nat Med. 2002;8:295-301 pubmed..Autoantigen microarrays represent a powerful tool to study the specificity and pathogenesis of autoantibody responses, and to identify and define relevant autoantigens in human autoimmune diseases. ..
- Easwaran V, Lee S, Inge L, Guo L, Goldbeck C, Garrett E, et al. beta-Catenin regulates vascular endothelial growth factor expression in colon cancer. Cancer Res. 2003;63:3145-53 pubmed..Taken together, our observations indicate a close link between beta-catenin signaling and the regulation of VEGF-A expression in colon cancer. ..
- McCormick F. Cancer-specific viruses and the development of ONYX-015. Cancer Biol Ther. 2003;2:S157-60 pubmed..Here, I summarize issues relating to selectivity of this agent and its clinical potential. Based on clinical data and new basic discoveries, several approaches are suggested to improve the efficacy of this agent in the clinic. ..
- Warren S, Nacamuli R, Song H, Longaker M. Tissue-engineered bone using mesenchymal stem cells and a biodegradable scaffold. J Craniofac Surg. 2004;15:34-7 pubmed
- Wu E, Trauger S, Pache L, Mullen T, von Seggern D, Siuzdak G, et al. Membrane cofactor protein is a receptor for adenoviruses associated with epidemic keratoconjunctivitis. J Virol. 2004;78:3897-905 pubmed..Together, these studies demonstrate that CD46 serves as an attachment receptor for Ad37 and shed further light on the cell entry pathway of subgroup D Ads...
- Yamaguchi Y, Pasquale E. Eph receptors in the adult brain. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 2004;14:288-96 pubmed
- McConnell M, Kaushal D, Yang A, Kingsbury M, Rehen S, Treuner K, et al. Failed clearance of aneuploid embryonic neural progenitor cells leads to excess aneuploidy in the Atm-deficient but not the Trp53-deficient adult cerebral cortex. J Neurosci. 2004;24:8090-6 pubmed..These data lend increasing support to the hypothesis that hereditary mutations such as ATM-deficiency, which render abnormal cells resistant to developmental clearance, can lead to late-manifesting human neurological disorders. ..
- Hoebe K, Georgel P, Rutschmann S, Du X, Mudd S, Crozat K, et al. CD36 is a sensor of diacylglycerides. Nature. 2005;433:523-7 pubmed..Already known as a receptor for endogenous molecules, CD36 is also a selective and nonredundant sensor of microbial diacylglycerides that signal via the TLR2/6 heterodimer. ..
- Janssen M, Kim E, Liu H, Fujimoto L, Bobkov A, Volkmann N, et al. Three-dimensional structure of vinculin bound to actin filaments. Mol Cell. 2006;21:271-81 pubmed..Furthermore, binding to F-actin potentiates a local rearrangement in the vinculin tail that in turn promotes vinculin dimerization and, hence, formation of actin bundles. ..
- Boege K, Dirzo R, Siemens D, Brown P. Ontogenetic switches from plant resistance to tolerance: minimizing costs with age?. Ecol Lett. 2007;10:177-87 pubmed..We posit that the ontogenetic perspective presented here will be helpful in resolving the current debate on the existence and detection of a general resistance-tolerance tradeoff. ..
- Guydosh N, Block S. Direct observation of the binding state of the kinesin head to the microtubule. Nature. 2009;461:125-8 pubmed publisher..The linked head could only rebind the microtubule once ATP had become bound to its partner head. ..
- Steinman L. Mixed results with modulation of TH-17 cells in human autoimmune diseases. Nat Immunol. 2010;11:41-4 pubmed publisher..Thus far, these outcomes in human trials have been mixed, with notable success in psoriasis and Crohn's disease but a negative result in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. ..
- Ekiert D, Kashyap A, Steel J, Rubrum A, Bhabha G, Khayat R, et al. Cross-neutralization of influenza A viruses mediated by a single antibody loop. Nature. 2012;489:526-32 pubmed publisher..Thus, binding predominantly with a single loop can allow antibodies to target small, conserved functional sites on otherwise hypervariable antigens...
- Zembrzycki A, Chou S, Ashery Padan R, Stoykova A, O Leary D. Sensory cortex limits cortical maps and drives top-down plasticity in thalamocortical circuits. Nat Neurosci. 2013;16:1060-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, S1 size determined the resolution and completeness of body maps and engaged 'top-down' plasticity that repatterned the sensory thalamus to match S1. ..
- Hanson J, La H, Plise E, Chen Y, Ding X, Hanania T, et al. SAHA enhances synaptic function and plasticity in vitro but has limited brain availability in vivo and does not impact cognition. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69964 pubmed publisher..These results do not predict CNS effects of SAHA during clinical use and also emphasize the importance of analyzing brain drug levels when interpreting preclinical behavioral pharmacology. ..
- Hovestadt V, Jones D, Picelli S, Wang W, Kool M, Northcott P, et al. Decoding the regulatory landscape of medulloblastoma using DNA methylation sequencing. Nature. 2014;510:537-41 pubmed publisher..Our data provide insights into the epigenetic regulation of transcription and genome organization in medulloblastoma pathogenesis, which are probably also of importance in a wider developmental and disease context. ..
- Young N, Kamireddy A, Van Nostrand J, Eichner L, Shokhirev M, Dayn Y, et al. AMPK governs lineage specification through Tfeb-dependent regulation of lysosomes. Genes Dev. 2016;30:535-52 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results uncover the AMPK pathway as a novel regulator of cell fate determination during differentiation. ..
- Simon D, O Leary D. Development of topographic order in the mammalian retinocollicular projection. J Neurosci. 1992;12:1212-32 pubmed..Rather, mechanisms that control the removal of mistargeted axons and promote the arborization of correctly positioned axons are critical for the development of retinotopic order.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Blatt C, Saxe D, Marzluff W, Lobo S, Nesbitt M, Simon M. Mapping and gene order of U1 small nuclear RNA, endogenous viral env sequence, amylase, and alcohol dehydrogenase-3 on mouse chromosome 3. Somat Cell Mol Genet. 1988;14:133-42 pubmed..In situ hybridization to chromosome spreads confirmed the assignment of the Ulb small nuclear RNA (snRNA) gene cluster and the gamma-fibrinogen gene to the center of chromosome 3. ..
- Snipes G, Suter U. Molecular basis of common hereditary motor and sensory neuropathies in humans and in mouse models. Brain Pathol. 1995;5:233-47 pubmed
- Sharma S, Leonard J, Lee S, Chapman H, Leiter E, Montminy M. Pancreatic islet expression of the homeobox factor STF-1 relies on an E-box motif that binds USF. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:2294-9 pubmed
- Dodelet V, Pazzagli C, Zisch A, Hauser C, Pasquale E. A novel signaling intermediate, SHEP1, directly couples Eph receptors to R-Ras and Rap1A. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:31941-6 pubmed..Thus, SHEP1 directly links activated, tyrosine-phosphorylated Eph receptors to small Ras superfamily GTPases. ..
- Chao T, Hayashi M, Tapping R, Kato Y, Lee J. MEKK3 directly regulates MEK5 activity as part of the big mitogen-activated protein kinase 1 (BMK1) signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:36035-8 pubmed..Taken together, these results identify MEKK3 as a kinase that regulates the activity of MEK5 and BMK1 during growth factor-induced cellular stimulation. ..
- Holley S, Hall S, Mellon P. Complementary expression of IGF-II and IGFBP-5 during anterior pituitary development. Dev Biol. 2002;244:319-28 pubmed..These findings suggest that the timing of IGF-II expression and regulation of its accessibility by IGFBP-5 may play a role in anterior pituitary differentiation, survival, and/or proliferation. ..
- Siva A, Bushman F. Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase 1 is not strictly required for infection of murine cells by retroviruses. J Virol. 2002;76:11904-10 pubmed..We conclude that PARP-1 cannot be strictly required for retroviral infection because replication steps, including integration, can proceed efficiently in its absence. ..
- Chen Y, Zhuang S, Cassenaer S, Casteel D, Gudi T, Boss G, et al. Synergism between calcium and cyclic GMP in cyclic AMP response element-dependent transcriptional regulation requires cooperation between CREB and C/EBP-beta. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:4066-82 pubmed..We conclude that calcium and cGMP transcriptional synergism requires cooperation of CREB and C/EBP-beta, with calcium and cGMP modulating the phosphorylation states of CREB and C/EBP-beta, respectively. ..
- Cooper G, Stone E, Asimenos G, Green E, Batzoglou S, Sidow A. Distribution and intensity of constraint in mammalian genomic sequence. Genome Res. 2005;15:901-13 pubmed..We anticipate that GERP and the types of analyses it facilitates will provide further insights and improved annotation for the human genome as mammalian genome sequence data become richer. ..
- Bergan J, Ro P, Ro D, Knudsen E. Hunting increases adaptive auditory map plasticity in adult barn owls. J Neurosci. 2005;25:9816-20 pubmed..These results indicate that the experience of hunting dramatically increases adult adaptive plasticity in this pathway...
- Ke Y, Lesperance J, Zhang E, Bard Chapeau E, Oshima R, Muller W, et al. Conditional deletion of Shp2 in the mammary gland leads to impaired lobulo-alveolar outgrowth and attenuated Stat5 activation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:34374-80 pubmed
- Dugas J, Tai Y, Speed T, Ngai J, Barres B. Functional genomic analysis of oligodendrocyte differentiation. J Neurosci. 2006;26:10967-83 pubmed
- Marino S, Nusse R. Mutants in the mouse NuRD/Mi2 component P66alpha are embryonic lethal. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e519 pubmed..mp66alpha is an essential gene, required for early mouse development. The lethal phenotype supports a role in execution of methylated DNA silencing. ..
- Burkhart D, Viatour P, Ho V, Sage J. GFP reporter mice for the retinoblastoma-related cell cycle regulator p107. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:2544-52 pubmed..Thus, p107 BAC-eGFP transgenic mice serve as a useful tool to identify distinct cell types in which p107 is expressed and may have key functions in vivo, and to characterize changes in cellular networks accompanying Rb deficiency. ..
- Radakovits R, Barros C, Belvindrah R, Patton B, Muller U. Regulation of radial glial survival by signals from the meninges. J Neurosci. 2009;29:7694-705 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that attachment of RGC processes at the meninges is important for RGC survival and the control of cortical size. ..
- Courter D, Cao H, Kwok S, Kong C, Banh A, Kuo P, et al. The RGD domain of human osteopontin promotes tumor growth and metastasis through activation of survival pathways. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9633 pubmed publisher..Future inhibitors directed against OPN should target multiple isoforms and should inhibit cell survival mechanisms that involve the RGD domain, FAK phosphorylation and NF-kappaB activation. ..
- Clutter M, Heffner G, Krutzik P, Sachen K, Nolan G. Tyramide signal amplification for analysis of kinase activity by intracellular flow cytometry. Cytometry A. 2010;77:1020-31 pubmed publisher..We anticipate the approach will be broadly applicable to intracellular flow cytometry assays with low signal-to-noise ratios. ..
- Dai Y, Weinreb R, Kim K, Nguyen D, Park S, Sun X, et al. Inducible nitric oxide synthase-mediated alteration of mitochondrial OPA1 expression in ocular hypertensive rats. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:2468-76 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that mitochondrial preservation after inhibition of NOS-2 may be useful for protecting RGCs against glaucomatous damage. ..
- Perry S, Buck M, Lada S, Schindler C, Shresta S. STAT2 mediates innate immunity to Dengue virus in the absence of STAT1 via the type I interferon receptor. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1001297 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results help elucidate the nature of the poorly understood STAT1-independent host defense mechanism against viruses by identifying a functional type I IFN/STAT2 signaling pathway following DENV infection in vivo. ..
- Karmali P, Brunquell C, Tram H, IRELAND S, Ruoslahti E, Biliran H. Metastasis of tumor cells is enhanced by downregulation of Bit1. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23840 pubmed publisher..These results underscore the therapeutic importance of restoring Bit1 expression in cancer cells to circumvent metastasis at least in part through inhibition of the Erk pathway. ..
- Manley N, Caso J, Works M, Cutler A, Zemlyak I, Sun G, et al. Derivation of injury-responsive dendritic cells for acute brain targeting and therapeutic protein delivery in the stroke-injured rat. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61789 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a non-invasive method to target ischemic brain injury and may ultimately provide a way to selectively deliver therapeutic compounds to the injured brain. ..
- Muerhoff A, Griffin K, Johnson E. Characterization of a rabbit gene encoding a clofibrate-inducible fatty acid omega-hydroxylase: CYP4A6. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1992;296:66-72 pubmed..In addition, a sequence related to one of two regulatory elements that control the induction of the rat acyl-CoA oxidase gene by ciprofibrate is present upstream of the CYP4A6 promoter. ..
- Damm K, Thompson C, Evans R. Protein encoded by v-erbA functions as a thyroid-hormone receptor antagonist. Nature. 1989;339:593-7 pubmed..Thus, v-erbA may be the first example of a dominant negative oncogene. ..
- Gassmann M, Casagranda F, Orioli D, Simon H, Lai C, Klein R, et al. Aberrant neural and cardiac development in mice lacking the ErbB4 neuregulin receptor. Nature. 1995;378:390-4 pubmed
- Zhu X, Ling N, Shimasaki S. Cloning of the rat insulin- like growth factor binding protein-5 gene and DNA sequence analysis of its promoter region. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;190:1045-52 pubmed..This finding suggests that the IGFBP-5 gene is one of those that are expressed in a tissue-specific manner. ..
- Poon R, Lew J, Hunter T. Identification of functional domains in the neuronal Cdk5 activator protein. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:5703-8 pubmed..Residues approximately 150-200 of p35 were sufficient for binding to Cdk5, but residues approximately 279-291 were needed in addition for activation of Cdk5 in vitro. ..
- Lewis J, Schwartz M. Integrins regulate the association and phosphorylation of paxillin by c-Abl. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:14225-30 pubmed..In addition, paxillin was found to serve as substrate for the adhesion-activated c-Abl kinase. These results suggest that c-Abl may mediate effects of integrins on cell functions by phosphorylating paxillin. ..
- Ramos J, Hughes P, Renshaw M, Schwartz M, Formstecher E, Chneiweiss H, et al. Death effector domain protein PEA-15 potentiates Ras activation of extracellular signal receptor-activated kinase by an adhesion-independent mechanism. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:2863-72 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the DED of PEA-15 is essential for its capacity to activate ERK. The ability of PEA-15 to simultaneously inhibit apoptosis and potentiate Ras-to-Erk signaling may be of importance for oncogenic processes...
- Reed J, Bischoff J. BIRinging chromosomes through cell division--and survivin' the experience. Cell. 2000;102:545-8 pubmed
- Nakagawa Y, O Leary D. Combinatorial expression patterns of LIM-homeodomain and other regulatory genes parcellate developing thalamus. J Neurosci. 2001;21:2711-25 pubmed..These genes may also influence the pathfinding and targeting of thalamocortical axons through both cell-autonomous and non-autonomous mechanisms. ..
- Zhang J, Kabra N, Cado D, Kang C, Winoto A. FADD-deficient T cells exhibit a disaccord in regulation of the cell cycle machinery. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:29815-8 pubmed..These data suggest that FADD is involved in the regulation of cell cycle machinery in T lymphocytes. ..
- Howlett R, Hogan M. Intracellular PO(2) decreases with increasing stimulation frequency in contracting single Xenopus muscle fibers. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2001;91:632-6 pubmed..The linear decrease in intracellular PO(2) with stimulation frequency, and thus energy demand, suggests that a fall in intracellular PO(2) correlates with increased oxygen uptake in these single contracting cells...
- Cho J, Miller M, Baek K, Han J, Nayar J, Lee S, et al. Inhibition of airway remodeling in IL-5-deficient mice. J Clin Invest. 2004;113:551-60 pubmed..Increased airway epithelial expression of alphaVbeta6 integrin may contribute to the increased activation of latent TGF-beta. These results suggest an important role for IL-5, eosinophils, alphaVbeta6, and TGF-beta in airway remodeling. ..
- Ishida T, Choi S, Kundu R, Spin J, Yamashita T, Hirata K, et al. Endothelial lipase modulates susceptibility to atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein-E-deficient mice. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:45085-92 pubmed
- Martindale J, Wall J, Martinez Longoria D, Aryal P, Rockman H, Guo Y, et al. Overexpression of mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 6 in the heart improves functional recovery from ischemia in vitro and protects against myocardial infarction in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:669-76 pubmed..These alterations in alpha BC expression and localization suggest possible mechanisms of cardioprotection in MKK6 TG mouse hearts. ..
- Paniagua R, Sharpe O, Ho P, Chan S, Chang A, Higgins J, et al. Selective tyrosine kinase inhibition by imatinib mesylate for the treatment of autoimmune arthritis. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:2633-42 pubmed..Imatinib-mediated inhibition of a spectrum of signal transduction pathways and the downstream pathogenic cellular responses may provide a powerful approach to treat RA and other inflammatory diseases. ..
- Friedel R, Kerjan G, Rayburn H, Schüller U, Sotelo C, Tessier Lavigne M, et al. Plexin-B2 controls the development of cerebellar granule cells. J Neurosci. 2007;27:3921-32 pubmed..Many differentiated granule cells migrate inside the cerebellum and keep proliferating. These results reveal that Plexin-B2 controls the balance between proliferation and differentiation in granule cells. ..
- Bopp S, Ramachandran V, Henson K, Luzader A, Lindstrom M, Spooner M, et al. Genome wide analysis of inbred mouse lines identifies a locus containing Ppar-gamma as contributing to enhanced malaria survival. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10903 pubmed publisher..This new locus involved in malaria resistance contains only two genes and confirms the importance of Ppar-gamma in malaria infection. ..
- Liu L, Li Q, Sapolsky R, Liao M, Mehta K, Bhargava A, et al. Transient gastric irritation in the neonatal rats leads to changes in hypothalamic CRF expression, depression- and anxiety-like behavior as adults. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19498 pubmed publisher..The depression-like behavior may be mediated by the CRF1 receptor. These findings have significant implications for the pathogenesis of psychological co-morbidity in patients with functional bowel disorders. ..
- Taulet N, Delorme Walker V, DerMardirossian C. Reactive oxygen species regulate protrusion efficiency by controlling actin dynamics. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41342 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study demonstrates that ROS modulate both the lamellipodium and the lamella networks to control protrusion efficiency. ..
- Petzold B, Park S, Mazzochette E, Goodman M, PRUITT B. MEMS-based force-clamp analysis of the role of body stiffness in C. elegans touch sensation. Integr Biol (Camb). 2013;5:853-64 pubmed publisher..We investigate the theoretical body deformation predicted under applied force and conclude that local mechanical loads induce inward bending deformation of the skin to drive touch sensation in C. elegans. ..
- Posch C, Ortiz Urda S. NRAS mutant melanoma--undrugable?. Oncotarget. 2013;4:494-5 pubmed..Despite, being a highly relevant therapeutic target, design of small molecules selectively inhibiting mutant NRAS in melanoma, to date, remains an unsolved challenge. The end? ..
- Piomelli D, Hohmann A, SEYBOLD V, Hammock B. A lipid gate for the peripheral control of pain. J Neurosci. 2014;34:15184-91 pubmed publisher..Growing knowledge about this peripheral control system may be used to discover safer medicines for pain. ..
- Peng A, Gnanasambandam R, Sachs F, Ricci A. Adaptation Independent Modulation of Auditory Hair Cell Mechanotransduction Channel Open Probability Implicates a Role for the Lipid Bilayer. J Neurosci. 2016;36:2945-56 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that the dual mechanisms (lipid modulation and adaptation) extend the dynamic range of the system while maintaining adaptation kinetics at their maximal rates. ..
- Lo D, Quill H, Burkly L, Scott B, Palmiter R, Brinster R. A recessive defect in lymphocyte or granulocyte function caused by an integrated transgene. Am J Pathol. 1992;141:1237-46 pubmed..Because tissue development and morphology appears to be normal in all other tissues observed, the genetic lesion appears to specifically affect the regulation of lymphocyte or granulocyte activation. ..
- Murphy T, Karpen G. Interactions between the nod+ kinesin-like gene and extracentromeric sequences are required for transmission of a Drosophila minichromosome. Cell. 1995;81:139-48 pubmed..We propose that normal chromosome transmission requires forces generated outside the kinetochore, perhaps to maintain tension on kinetochore microtubules and stabilize the attachment of achiasmate chromosomes to the metaphase spindle. ..
- Apfel R, Benbrook D, Lernhardt E, Ortiz M, Salbert G, Pfahl M. A novel orphan receptor specific for a subset of thyroid hormone-responsive elements and its interaction with the retinoid/thyroid hormone receptor subfamily. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:7025-35 pubmed..Our data suggest a highly specific role for this novel receptor within the network of gene regulation by the thyroid/retinoid receptor subfamily. ..
- Lagasse E, Weissman I. bcl-2 inhibits apoptosis of neutrophils but not their engulfment by macrophages. J Exp Med. 1994;179:1047-52 pubmed..This transgenic model indicates that the mechanism that triggers phagocytosis of aging neutrophils operates independently of the process of apoptosis regulated by bcl-2. ..
- Kohn A, Takeuchi F, Roth R. Akt, a pleckstrin homology domain containing kinase, is activated primarily by phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:21920-6 pubmed..Phosphorylation of this fusion protein still critically contributes toward its increased activity. The sum of these results indicates that the primary mechanism of Akt activation is via protein phosphorylation. ..
- Contos J, Chun J. Complete cDNA sequence, genomic structure, and chromosomal localization of the LPA receptor gene, lpA1/vzg-1/Gpcr26. Genomics. 1998;51:364-78 pubmed..The genomic structure indicates a distinct, divergent evolutionary lineage for the vzg-1/lpA1 subfamily of receptors compared to those of homologous orphan receptor genes. ..
- Maxwell A, Ho H, Le C, Lin P, Bernstein D, Cooke J. L-arginine enhances aerobic exercise capacity in association with augmented nitric oxide production. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2001;90:933-8 pubmed..In normal mice, L-arginine enhances exercise-induced EDNO synthesis and aerobic capacity...
- de la Tour D, Halvorsen T, Demeterco C, Tyrberg B, Itkin Ansari P, Loy M, et al. Beta-cell differentiation from a human pancreatic cell line in vitro and in vivo. Mol Endocrinol. 2001;15:476-83 pubmed..The ability to grow unlimited quantities of human beta-cells is a major step toward developing a cell transplantation therapy for diabetes. ..
- Valdez G, Roberts A, Chan K, Davis H, Brennan M, Zorrilla E, et al. Increased ethanol self-administration and anxiety-like behavior during acute ethanol withdrawal and protracted abstinence: regulation by corticotropin-releasing factor. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2002;26:1494-501 pubmed..Attenuation of ethanol self-administration via central injection of D-Phe-CRF(12-41) implicates CRF as an underlying mechanism regulating long-term motivational effects associated with alcohol dependence. ..
- Leonard C, Soccal P, Berry G, Doyle R, Theodore J, Duncan S, et al. PG490-88, a derivative of triptolide, attenuates obliterative airway disease in a mouse heterotopic tracheal allograft model. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2002;21:1314-8 pubmed
- Humphrey R, Bucay N, Beattie G, Lopez A, Messam C, Cirulli V, et al. Characterization and isolation of promoter-defined nestin-positive cells from the human fetal pancreas. Diabetes. 2003;52:2519-25 pubmed..We conclude that nestin is not a specific marker of beta-cell precursors in the developing human pancreas. ..
- Xu B, Wu Y, Huey M, Arthur H, Marchuk D, Hashimoto T, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor induces abnormal microvasculature in the endoglin heterozygous mouse brain. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2004;24:237-44 pubmed..These observations are relevant to our general understanding of the maintenance of vascular integrity. ..
- Malloy P, Xu R, Peng L, Peleg S, Al Ashwal A, Feldman D. Hereditary 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D resistant rickets due to a mutation causing multiple defects in vitamin D receptor function. Endocrinology. 2004;145:5106-14 pubmed..These combined defects in VDR function cause resistance to 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) action and result in the syndrome of HVDRR. ..
- Marques M, Ihrie R, Horner J, Attardi L. The requirement for perp in postnatal viability and epithelial integrity reflects an intrinsic role in stratified epithelia. J Invest Dermatol. 2006;126:69-73 pubmed..Together, these findings indicate that Perp's requirement for both viability and epithelial integrity reflects a role in the stratified epithelial compartment. ..
- Woods N, Bottero V, Schmidt M, von Kalle C, Verma I. Gene therapy: therapeutic gene causing lymphoma. Nature. 2006;440:1123 pubmed..Gene-therapy trials for X-SCID, which have been based on the assumption that IL2RG is minimally oncogenic, may therefore pose some risk to patients. ..
- Crozat K, Georgel P, Rutschmann S, Mann N, Du X, Hoebe K, et al. Analysis of the MCMV resistome by ENU mutagenesis. Mamm Genome. 2006;17:398-406 pubmed
- Wu J, Luo L. A protocol for dissecting Drosophila melanogaster brains for live imaging or immunostaining. Nat Protoc. 2006;1:2110-5 pubmed..Advantages of fluorescence immunostaining include compatibility with multicolor labeling and confocal or multiphoton imaging. This brain dissection and immunofluorescence staining protocol requires approximately 2 to 6 d to complete. ..
- Toda H, Mochizuki H, Flores R, Josowitz R, Krasieva T, Lamorte V, et al. UNC-51/ATG1 kinase regulates axonal transport by mediating motor-cargo assembly. Genes Dev. 2008;22:3292-307 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data provide insight into axonal transport regulation that depends on the phosphorylation of adaptor proteins. ..