Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on alcohol dehydrogenase in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Topic: alcohol dehydrogenase
- ..The kinetics of alcohol elimination in-vivo and the various genetic and environmental factors that can modify the rate of alcohol metabolism are discussed. ..
- Yao J, Taylor M, Davey F, Ren Y, Aiton J, Coote P, et al. Interaction of amyloid binding alcohol dehydrogenase/Abeta mediates up-regulation of peroxiredoxin II in the brains of Alzheimer's disease patients and a transgenic Alzheimer's disease mouse model. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007;35:377-82 pubmed..Therefore this indicates the possibility of reversing changes observed in Alzheimer's disease and that the Abeta-ABAD interaction is a suitable drug target. ..
- Lu Y, Cederbaum A. Enhancement by pyrazole of lipopolysaccharide-induced liver injury in mice: role of cytochrome P450 2E1 and 2A5. Hepatology. 2006;44:263-74 pubmed..In conclusion, induction of CYP2E1 plays an important role in the enhancement of LPS liver injury by pyrazole, but some contribution by CYP2A5 cannot be excluded. ..
- Morozov P, Sitnikova T, Churchill G, Ayala F, Rzhetsky A. A new method for characterizing replacement rate variation in molecular sequences. Application of the Fourier and wavelet models to Drosophila and mammalian proteins. Genetics. 2000;154:381-95 pubmed..We illustrate the application of the new method by analyzing human immunoglobulin and Drosophilid alcohol dehydrogenase sequences...
- Yokoyama H, Baraona E, Lieber C. Molecular cloning of human class IV alcohol dehydrogenase cDNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;203:219-24 pubmed..Northern hybridization analysis with the specific probe for the mRNA of this protein showed that it is expressed in the human stomach but not in the liver. These data indicate that the cDNA we cloned is that of human class IV ADH. ..
- Lieber C. Interaction of ethanol with drugs, hepatotoxic agents, carcinogens and vitamins. Alcohol Alcohol. 1990;25:157-76 pubmed
- Menotti Raymond M, Starmer W, Sullivan D. Characterization of the structure and evolution of the Adh region of Drosophila hydei. Genetics. 1991;127:355-66 pubmed..An intron of greater than 6.2 kb exists between the first "coding" exon and an upstream exon which is approximately 250 nucleotides in length. ..
- Yum J, Starmer W, Sullivan D. The structure of the Adh locus of Drosophila mettleri: an intermediate in the evolution of the Adh locus in the repleta group of Drosophila. Mol Biol Evol. 1991;8:857-67 pubmed..The more 5' Adh gene became a pseudogene, while the more 3' gene remained functional through all the developmental stages. A second duplication of this 3' gene resulted in Adh regions with three genes--a pseudogene, Adh-2, and Adh-1. ..
- Ayer S, Benyajati C. The binding site of a steroid hormone receptor-like protein within the Drosophila Adh adult enhancer is required for high levels of tissue-specific alcohol dehydrogenase expression. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:661-73 pubmed..Such alternative binding may play a role in the tissue-specific and developmental transcription of Adh. ..
- Bayer C, Curtiss S, Weaver J, Sullivan D. Delineation of cis-acting sequences required for expression of Drosophila mojavensis Adh-1. Genetics. 1992;131:143-53 pubmed..In transformants with a functional Adh-2 gene, Adh-1 expression ceases in the third larval instar stage and aberrant expression in the adult stage does not occur. ..
- Du Yan S, Zhu Y, Stern E, Hwang Y, Hori O, Ogawa S, et al. Amyloid beta -peptide-binding alcohol dehydrogenase is a component of the cellular response to nutritional stress. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:27100-9 pubmed..These data suggest that ABAD contributes to the protective response to metabolic stress, especially in the setting of ischemia. ..
- Gaasterland T, Sczyrba A, Thomas E, Aytekin Kurban G, Gordon P, Sensen C. MAGPIE/EGRET annotation of the 2.9-Mb Drosophila melanogaster Adh region. Genome Res. 2000;10:502-10 pubmed..The software modules that add eukaryotic genome annotation capability to MAGPIE are available as EGRET (Eukaryotic Genome Rapid Evaluation Tool). ..
- Matzkin L. Activity variation in alcohol dehydrogenase paralogs is associated with adaptation to cactus host use in cactophilic Drosophila. Mol Ecol. 2005;14:2223-31 pubmed..Both functional and sequence variation within and between paralogs suggests that Adh has played an important role in the adaptation of D. mojavensis and D. arizonae to their cactophilic life...
- Atkinson P, Mills L, Starmer W, Sullivan D. Structure and evolution of the Adh genes of Drosophila mojavensis. Genetics. 1988;120:713-23 pubmed..There is a surprising and not fully explainable strong similarity of the nucleotide sequence of the 5' flanking region of the pseudogene in D. mojavensis and D. mulleri. ..