Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on aged in Iowa, United States
Locale: Iowa, United States
- Voss M, Heo S, Prakash R, Erickson K, Alves H, Chaddock L, et al. The influence of aerobic fitness on cerebral white matter integrity and cognitive function in older adults: results of a one-year exercise intervention. Hum Brain Mapp. 2013;34:2972-85 pubmed publisher..Therefore, while not all findings are consistent with previous research, we provide novel evidence for correlated change in training-induced aerobic fitness, WM integrity, and cognition among healthy older adults. ..
- Hamasha A, Alomari Q. Prevalence of dens invaginatus in Jordanian adults. Int Endod J. 2004;37:307-10 pubmed..Dens invaginatus is not common, but it is an important anomaly. The availability of such data may alert the dental practitioner to anticipate the percentage of teeth having difficulties during endodontic treatment. ..
- Luck A, Steele A, Leong F, McLennan M. Short-term efficacy and complications of posterior intravaginal slingplasty. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2008;19:795-9 pubmed..The procedure demonstrated an unacceptably high erosion rate. The adoption of newer mesh techniques based on the slingplasty concept or the use of the multifilament polypropylene tape should be scrutinized. ..
- Glasgow J, Vaughn Sarrazin M, Kaboli P. Leaving against medical advice (AMA): risk of 30-day mortality and hospital readmission. J Gen Intern Med. 2010;25:926-9 pubmed publisher..10, 95% CI 0.98-1.24). Due to the higher risk of adverse outcomes, hospitals should target AMA patients for post-discharge interventions, such as phone follow-up, home visits, or mental health counseling to improve outcomes. ..
- Morriss F, Abramowitz P, Carmen L, Wallis A. "Nurses Don't Hate Change" -- survey of nurses in a neonatal intensive care unit regarding the implementation, use and effectiveness of a bar code medication administration system. Healthc Q. 2009;12 Spec No Patient:135-40 pubmed..These nurses were adaptive to the new technology when they believed it increases patient safety, nursing professionalism and job satisfaction and when they were supported by colleagues. ..
- Pfaller M, Castanheira M, Lockhart S, Ahlquist A, Messer S, Jones R. Frequency of decreased susceptibility and resistance to echinocandins among fluconazole-resistant bloodstream isolates of Candida glabrata. J Clin Microbiol. 2012;50:1199-203 pubmed publisher..glabrata tested in 2001 to 2004. These data document the broad emergence of coresistance over time to both azoles and echinocandins in clinical isolates of C. glabrata...
- Goforth R, Rennke H, Sethi S. Renal vascular sclerosis is associated with inherited thrombophilias. Kidney Int. 2006;70:743-50 pubmed..001 compared to controls). These findings indicate that renal vascular lesions, in the absence of diabetes, hypertension, or smoking appears to be associated with inherited thrombophilias. ..
- Mendes R, Deshpande L, Costello A, Farrell D. Molecular epidemiology of Staphylococcus epidermidis clinical isolates from U.S. hospitals. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2012;56:4656-61 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, these 23S rRNA mutants also had L3 alterations, which may act synergistically or in a compensatory manner to minimize the fitness cost while providing survival advantages under selective pressure...
- Miller M, Ma D, Schappet J, Breheny P, Mott S, Bannick N, et al. Downregulation of dystroglycan glycosyltransferases LARGE2 and ISPD associate with increased mortality in clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Mol Cancer. 2015;14:141 pubmed publisher..Reduced levels of GYLTL1B and ISPD mRNA associated with increased patient mortality and are the likely cause of αDG hypoglycosylation in ccRCC. ..
- Mendes R, Castanheira M, Gasink L, Stone G, Nichols W, Flamm R, et al. Î²-Lactamase Characterization of Gram-Negative Pathogens Recovered from Patients Enrolled in the Phase 2 Trials for Ceftazidime-Avibactam: Clinical Efficacies Analyzed against Subsets of Molecularly Characterized Isolates. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2015;60:1328-35 pubmed publisher..8% versus 86.7%, respectively). The efficacy of ceftazidime-avibactam was similar to that of carbapenems for treatment of cUTI and cIAI caused by ESBL organisms. ..
- Racila E, Racila D, Ritchie J, Taylor C, Dahle C, Weiner G. The pattern of clinical breast cancer metastasis correlates with a single nucleotide polymorphism in the C1qA component of complement. Immunogenetics. 2006;58:1-8 pubmed
- Minnerop M, Kurzwelly D, Wagner H, Soehn A, Reichbauer J, Tao F, et al. Hypomorphic mutations in POLR3A are a frequent cause of sporadic and recessive spastic ataxia. Brain. 2017;140:1561-1578 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results demonstrate that substantial progress in revealing the causes of Mendelian diseases can be made by exploring the non-coding sequences of the human genome. ..