Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Publications1103 found, 100 shown here
- Fine H, Zhitomirsky I, Freund K, Barile G, Shirkey B, Samson C, et al. Bevacizumab (avastin) and ranibizumab (lucentis) for choroidal neovascularization in multifocal choroiditis. Retina. 2009;29:8-12 pubmed publisher..Bevacizumab (Avastin) and ranibizumab (Lucentis) are therapies that target vascular endothelial growth factor. Bevacizumab and ranibizumab have been used successfully to treat CNV in age-related and myopic macular degeneration...
- Eljack S, Reich R. AAOMP case challenge: A nonulcerated, slowly growing mass of the mandible. J Contemp Dent Pract. 2009;10:E097-100 pubmed..A 38-year-old male presented with a slowly growing mass of the right mandible. The lesion displaced the mandibular canine and premolar teeth on the same side...
- Marder K, Tang M, Mejia Santana H, Rosado L, Louis E, Comella C, et al. Predictors of parkin mutations in early-onset Parkinson disease: the consortium on risk for early-onset Parkinson disease study. Arch Neurol. 2010;67:731-8 pubmed publisher..The increased odds of carrying a parkin mutation among Hispanics warrants further study. ..
- Bhatt S, Jafri S, Wasserman N, Dogra V. Imaging of non-neoplastic intratesticular masses. Diagn Interv Radiol. 2011;17:52-63 pubmed publisher..Gray-scale and color-flow Doppler sonography facilitate the visualization of the benign characteristics of the lesions. Magnetic resonance imaging can also help as a problem-solving modality in some cases...
- Friedman S, Maslow C, Reibman J, Pillai P, Goldring R, Farfel M, et al. Case-control study of lung function in World Trade Center Health Registry area residents and workers. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2011;184:582-9 pubmed publisher..Elevated Râ‚… and Râ‚…â‚‹â‚‚â‚€ in cases despite normal spirometry suggested distal airway dysfunction as a mechanism for symptoms. ..
- Stiles B, Mirza F, Coppolino A, Port J, Lee P, Paul S, et al. Clinical T2-T3N0M0 esophageal cancer: the risk of node positive disease. Ann Thorac Surg. 2011;92:491-6; discussion 496-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the majority of patients with cT2-T3N0M0 should be considered for neoadjuvant protocols and should be treated by transthoracic resection whenever possible. ..
- Fox N, Rebarber A, Roman A, Klauser C, Saltzman D. Cervical length at 30-32 weeks and the risk of Cesarean delivery in twin pregnancies. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2012;39:510-4 pubmed publisher..In twin pregnancies, the CL at 30-32 weeks is significantly associated with the likelihood of Cesarean delivery. A longer CL may represent underdevelopment of the uterus, leading to a higher risk of Cesarean delivery in labor at term. ..
- Li J, Schiller D, Schoenbaum G, Phelps E, Daw N. Differential roles of human striatum and amygdala in associative learning. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:1250-2 pubmed publisher..These results extend the computational learning approach from striatum to amygdala, demonstrating their complementary roles in aversive learning. ..
- Girgis R, Slifstein M, Xu X, Frankle W, Anagnostou E, Wasserman S, et al. The 5-HT(2A) receptor and serotonin transporter in Asperger's disorder: A PET study with [¹¹C]MDL 100907 and [¹¹C]DASB. Psychiatry Res. 2011;194:230-234 pubmed publisher..This study failed to find significant alterations in binding parameters of 5-HT(2A) receptors and serotonin transporters in adult subjects with Asperger's disorder. ..
- Jacek E, Fallon B, Chandra A, Crow M, Wormser G, Alaedini A. Increased IFN? activity and differential antibody response in patients with a history of Lyme disease and persistent cognitive deficits. J Neuroimmunol. 2013;255:85-91 pubmed publisher..The increase in IFN? activity is suggestive of a mechanism contributing to the ongoing neuropsychiatric symptoms. ..
- Cosetti M, Friedmann D, Zhu B, Heman Ackah S, Fang Y, Keller R, et al. The effects of residual hearing in traditional cochlear implant candidates after implantation with a conventional electrode. Otol Neurotol. 2013;34:516-21 pubmed publisher..Although preservation of hearing may have implications for future technology, it is not currently correlated with speech performance in the CI-only condition. ..
- El Bassel N, Gilbert L, Terlikbayeva A, Wu E, Beyrer C, Shaw S, et al. HIV among injection drug users and their intimate partners in Almaty, Kazakhstan. AIDS Behav. 2013;17:2490-500 pubmed publisher..The findings call for increasing efforts to improve access to HIV testing, prevention, treatment, and care for IDUs in Almaty, Kazakhstan. ..
- Hatzenbuehler M, Bellatorre A, Lee Y, Finch B, Muennig P, Fiscella K. Structural stigma and all-cause mortality in sexual minority populations. Soc Sci Med. 2014;103:33-41 pubmed publisher..5) and low-prejudice (age 55.7) communities. These results highlight the importance of examining structural forms of stigma and prejudice as social determinants of health and longevity among minority populations. ..
- Silvera R, Smith C, Swedish K, Goldstone S. Anal condyloma treatment and recurrence in HIV-negative men who have sex with men. Dis Colon Rectum. 2014;57:752-61 pubmed publisher..No identified risk factors proved a significant predictor of recurrence. ..
- Carvajal R, Sosman J, Quevedo J, Milhem M, Joshua A, Kudchadkar R, et al. Effect of selumetinib vs chemotherapy on progression-free survival in uveal melanoma: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA. 2014;311:2397-405 pubmed publisher..Uveal melanoma is characterized by mutations in GNAQ and GNA11, resulting in mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway activation...
- Parsons J, Rendina H, Ventuneac A, Moody R, Grov C. Hypersexual, Sexually Compulsive, or Just Highly Sexually Active? Investigating Three Distinct Groups of Gay and Bisexual Men and Their Profiles of HIV-Related Sexual Risk. AIDS Behav. 2016;20:262-72 pubmed publisher..Notwithstanding the need for sex positive HIV prevention programs, interventions that attempt to help Both SC and HD men deal with distress and address their psychosexual needs specifically may derive HIV prevention benefits. ..
- Shah B, Allen N, Harchandani B, Pillinger M, Katz S, Sedlis S, et al. Effect of Colchicine on Platelet-Platelet and Platelet-Leukocyte Interactions: a Pilot Study in Healthy Subjects. Inflammation. 2016;39:182-189 pubmed publisher..Thus, in clinically relevant concentrations, colchicine decreases expression of surface markers of platelet activity and inhibits leukocyte-platelet aggregation but does not inhibit homotypic platelet aggregation. ..
- Shen M, Hamann H, Thomas A, Ostroff J. Association between patient-provider communication and lung cancer stigma. Support Care Cancer. 2016;24:2093-2099 pubmed publisher..Results indicate that good patient-provider communication is associated with lower levels of lung cancer stigma, suggesting that improving patient-provider communication may be a good intervention target for reducing lung cancer stigma. ..
- Oliver K, Brady W, Birrer M, Gershenson D, Fleming G, Copeland L, et al. An evaluation of progression free survival and overall survival of ovarian cancer patients with clear cell carcinoma versus serous carcinoma treated with platinum therapy: An NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group experience. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:243-249 pubmed publisher..Finally, treatment effect was influenced by histology. ..
- Yang Q, Co D, Sommercorn J, Tonks N. Cloning and expression of PTP-PEST. A novel, human, nontransmembrane protein tyrosine phosphatase. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:6622-8 pubmed..PTP-PEST mRNA is broadly distributed in a variety of cell lines. Stimulation of human rhabdomyosarcoma A204 cells, a transformed muscle line, with insulin led to an approximately 4-fold induction of PTP-PEST mRNA within 36 h. ..
- Germaine L, Newhouse J. Castleman's disease. Clin Imaging. 2003;27:431-4 pubmed..We present a case of retroperitoneal Castleman's disease of the hyaline vascular type, with unusual MR imaging findings, differing form reports to date, along with a review of the imaging findings in Castleman's disease. ..
- Abrey L, Childs B, Paleologos N, Kaminer L, Rosenfeld S, Salzman D, et al. High-dose chemotherapy with stem cell rescue as initial therapy for anaplastic oligodendroglioma. J Neurooncol. 2003;65:127-34 pubmed..High-dose chemotherapy with stem cell rescue as initial treatment for anaplastic oligodendroglioma is feasible and associated with prolonged tumor control in some patients. ..
- Schwartz T, Jeha L, Tanner A, Bingaman W, Sperling M. Late seizures in patients initially seizure free after epilepsy surgery. Epilepsia. 2006;47:567-73 pubmed..The finding that late age at surgery and presence of preoperative GTC seizures are predictors of late recurrence indicates the importance of patient selection and early surgery for persistent seizure control. ..
- Sobel V, Schwartz B, Zhu Y, Cordero J, Imperato McGinley J. Bone mineral density in the complete androgen insensitivity and 5alpha-reductase-2 deficiency syndromes. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006;91:3017-23 pubmed..1) Androgens are of direct importance in the development and/or maintenance of BMD; and 2) testosterone and/or low levels of dihydrotestosterone appear to be sufficient for BMD development and/or maintenance. ..
- Chapman C, Su B, Sinicropi S, Bruno R, Strauch R, Rosenwasser M. Vitallium radial head prosthesis for acute and chronic elbow fractures and fracture-dislocations involving the radial head. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2006;15:463-73 pubmed..Metallic radial head arthroplasty yields satisfactory results in acute unreconstructable radial head fractures or as a salvage procedure for previously treated radial head fractures...
- Qiu W, Tong G, Manolidis S, Close L, Assaad A, Su G. Novel mutant-enriched sequencing identified high frequency of PIK3CA mutations in pharyngeal cancer. Int J Cancer. 2008;122:1189-94 pubmed..g., breast cancer, colorectal cancer), the abilities to detect PIK3CA mutations with enhanced sensitivities have great potential impacts on target therapies for many cancer types. ..
- Heyworth B, Shindle M, Voos J, Rudzki J, Kelly B. Radiologic and intraoperative findings in revision hip arthroscopy. Arthroscopy. 2007;23:1295-302 pubmed..Furthermore, failure of labral repairs may be the result of unrecognized bony impingement at the time of initial surgery. Level IV, prognostic case series. ..
- Demmer R, Behle J, Wolf D, Handfield M, Kebschull M, Celenti R, et al. Transcriptomes in healthy and diseased gingival tissues. J Periodontol. 2008;79:2112-24 pubmed..We hypothesized that a comparison of gene expression signatures between healthy and diseased gingival tissues would provide novel insights in the pathobiology of periodontitis and would inform the design of future studies...
- Mirza F, House M, Craigo S, Urato A. The patient with asymptomatic shortened cervix at 23 to 28 weeks: is delivery imminent?. Am J Perinatol. 2010;27:37-40 pubmed publisher..Following those patients clinically may prevent prolonged hospitalization and allow steroid administration closer to the date of delivery. ..
- Skodol A, Grilo C, Keyes K, Geier T, Grant B, Hasin D. Relationship of personality disorders to the course of major depressive disorder in a nationally representative sample. Am J Psychiatry. 2011;168:257-64 pubmed publisher..Personality psychopathology, particularly borderline personality disorder, should be assessed in all patients with major depressive disorder, considered in prognosis, and addressed in treatment. ..
- Vitale M, White N, Strauch R. A percutaneous technique to treat unstable dorsal fracture-dislocations of the proximal interphalangeal joint. J Hand Surg Am. 2011;36:1453-9 pubmed publisher..The postoperative management course with this technique is critical to the outcome. ..
- Caplan Shaw C, Yee H, Rogers L, Abraham J, Parsia S, Naidich D, et al. Lung pathologic findings in a local residential and working community exposed to World Trade Center dust, gas, and fumes. J Occup Environ Med. 2011;53:981-91 pubmed publisher..In symptomatic World Trade Center-exposed individuals, pathologic findings suggest a common exposure resulting in alveolar loss and a diverse response to injury. ..
- Hensley M, Kravetz S, Jia X, Iasonos A, Tew W, Pereira L, et al. Eribulin mesylate (halichondrin B analog E7389) in platinum-resistant and platinum-sensitive ovarian cancer: a 2-cohort, phase 2 study. Cancer. 2012;118:2403-10 pubmed publisher..The median progression-free survival was 1.8 months in the platinum-resistant group and 4.1 months in the platinum-sensitive group. ..
- Raven M, Doran K, Kostrowski S, Gillespie C, Elbel B. An intervention to improve care and reduce costs for high-risk patients with frequent hospital admissions: a pilot study. BMC Health Serv Res. 2011;11:270 pubmed publisher..We are currently expanding our model to serve more patients at additional hospitals to see if the pilot's success can be replicated. Clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT01292096. ..
- Ahn J, Segers S, Hayes R. Periodontal disease, Porphyromonas gingivalis serum antibody levels and orodigestive cancer mortality. Carcinogenesis. 2012;33:1055-8 pubmed publisher..gingivalis, independent of periodontal disease. Porphyromonas gingivalis is a biomarker for microbe-associated risk of death due to orodigestive cancer. ..
- Fox N, Rebarber A, Roman A, Klauser C, Peress D, Saltzman D. Combined fetal fibronectin and cervical length and spontaneous preterm birth in asymptomatic triplet pregnancies. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2012;25:2308-11 pubmed publisher..In asymptomatic women with triplet pregnancies, fFN and CL are each significantly associated with SPTB. For the prediction of SPTB, combined fFN and CL testing outperforms either test alone. ..
- Miko B, Uhlemann A, Gelman A, Lee C, Hafer C, Sullivan S, et al. High prevalence of colonization with Staphylococcus aureus clone USA300 at multiple body sites among sexually transmitted disease clinic patients: an unrecognized reservoir. Microbes Infect. 2012;14:1040-3 pubmed publisher..aureus and be well suited for innovative infection control initiatives. ..
- Morrissey M, Herr K, Levine C. Public health imperative of the 21st century: innovations in palliative care systems, services, and supports to improve health and well-being of older americans. Gerontologist. 2015;55:245-51 pubmed publisher..The 2015 White House Conference on Aging must make these realignments a policy priority in order to foster social and economic development for all older Americans. ..
- Mayer V, McDonough K, Seligman H, Mitra N, Long J. Food insecurity, coping strategies and glucose control in low-income patients with diabetes. Public Health Nutr. 2016;19:1103-11 pubmed publisher..However, receipt of SNAP among food-insecure individuals was associated with better diabetes control, suggesting that such programmes may play a role in improving health. ..
- Azmitia E, Saccomano Z, Alzoobaee M, Boldrini M, Whitaker Azmitia P. Persistent Angiogenesis in the Autism Brain: An Immunocytochemical Study of Postmortem Cortex, Brainstem and Cerebellum. J Autism Dev Disord. 2016;46:1307-18 pubmed publisher..This labeling profile is indicative of splitting (intussusceptive), rather than sprouting, angiogenesis indicating the blood vessels are in constant flux rather than continually expanding. ..
- Andersson N, Goodwin R, Okkels N, Gustafsson L, Taha F, Cole S, et al. Depression and the risk of severe infections: prospective analyses on a nationwide representative sample. Int J Epidemiol. 2016;45:131-9 pubmed publisher..A dose-response relationship may be present, but more research is needed to further examine and confirm a link between depression and risk of infection. ..
- Dieras V, Miles D, Verma S, Pegram M, Welslau M, Baselga J, et al. Trastuzumab emtansine versus capecitabine plus lapatinib in patients with previously treated HER2-positive advanced breast cancer (EMILIA): a descriptive analysis of final overall survival results from a randomised, open-label, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:732-742 pubmed publisher..The safety profile was similar to that reported in previous analyses, reaffirming trastuzumab emtansine as an efficacious and tolerable treatment in this patient population. F Hoffmann-La Roche/Genentech. ..
- Parvez F, Medina S, Santella R, Islam T, Lauer F, Alam N, et al. Arsenic exposures alter clinical indicators of anemia in a male population of smokers and non-smokers in Bangladesh. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;331:62-68 pubmed publisher..We also observed an effect of As on hemoglobin among smokers in relation to UAs [?=-0.54, p<0.05]. Our analysis revealed effects of As exposure on hematological indicators of anemia in a group of healthy male smokers and non-smokers. ..
- Zhou Y, Graves J, Simpson S, Charlesworth J, Mei I, Waubant E, et al. Genetic variation in the gene LRP2 increases relapse risk in multiple sclerosis. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2017;88:864-868 pubmed publisher..The finding of a genetic locus that has extensive effects on neuronal development and repair is of interest as a potential modulator of MS disease course. ..
- Malone K, Waternaux C, Haas G, Cooper T, Li S, Mann J. Cigarette smoking, suicidal behavior, and serotonin function in major psychiatric disorders. Am J Psychiatry. 2003;160:773-9 pubmed
- Loulmet D, Patel N, Patel N, Frumkin W, Santoni Rugiu F, Langan M, et al. First robotic endoscopic epicardial isolation of the pulmonary veins with microwave energy in a patient in chronic atrial fibrillation. Ann Thorac Surg. 2004;78:e24-5 pubmed..The procedure consisted of making a conduction block around the pulmonary veins with a flexible microwave energy delivery probe. The probe was placed endoscopically on the left atrial epicardium with the aid of robotic instruments. ..
- Keller A, Lhewa D, Rosenfeld B, Sachs E, Aladjem A, Cohen I, et al. Traumatic experiences and psychological distress in an urban refugee population seeking treatment services. J Nerv Ment Dis. 2006;194:188-94 pubmed..33, p < 0.001), family torture experiences (beta = .23, p = 0.022), religion (beta = .21, p = 0.03), and age (beta = -.18, p = 0.004). The clinical implications of these results are discussed. ..
- LaBarbera M, Berkowitz M, Shah A, Slater J. Percutaneous PFO closure for the prevention of recurrent brain abscess. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2006;68:957-60 pubmed..Only prospective, randomized trials comparing PFO closure to conservative therapy could provide a definitive answer as to the optimal strategy for preventing recurrent cerebral abscess. ..
- Akalin E, Dinavahi R, Dikman S, de Boccardo G, Friedlander R, Schroppel B, et al. Transplant glomerulopathy may occur in the absence of donor-specific antibody and C4d staining. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007;2:1261-7 pubmed..These results suggest that a substantial number of patients with TGP did not have positive C4d staining or DSA, indicating that a non-alloantibody-mediated process may be involved in the development of TGP in some patients. ..
- Kramer K, Humm J, Souweidane M, Zanzonico P, Dunkel I, Gerald W, et al. Phase I study of targeted radioimmunotherapy for leptomeningeal cancers using intra-Ommaya 131-I-3F8. J Clin Oncol. 2007;25:5465-70 pubmed..A high CSF-to-blood ratio was achieved. Tracer studies reliably predicted the therapeutic dose to the CSF. Radioimmunoconjugates targeting GD2 may have clinical utility in the treatment of CNS/LM malignancies. ..
- Lebwohl M, Colón L. The evolving role of topical treatments in adjunctive therapy for moderate to severe plaque psoriasis. Cutis. 2007;80:29-40 pubmed..It is notable that in subjects who were being treated with a variety of agents, the addition of clobetasol propionate spray 0.05% during the course of the study resulted in improvements in disease severity. ..
- Rutzen A, Ellish N, Schwab L, Graham P, Pizzarello L, Hemady R, et al. Blindness and eye disease in Cambodia. Ophthalmic Epidemiol. 2007;14:360-6 pubmed..Landmines and other war-related injuries are an important cause of ocular injury. These results will assist in developing a national plan for the prevention of blindness in Cambodia. ..
- Fong Y, Kim T, Bhargava A, Schwartz L, Brown K, Brody L, et al. A herpes oncolytic virus can be delivered via the vasculature to produce biologic changes in human colorectal cancer. Mol Ther. 2009;17:389-94 pubmed publisher..During follow-up, no signs of virus reactivation were found. Multimutated HSV can be delivered safely into the human bloodstream to produce selective infection of tumor tissues and biologic effects...
- Powell A, Casey K, Liewehr D, Hayanga A, James T, Cherr G. Results of a national survey of surgical resident interest in international experience, electives, and volunteerism. J Am Coll Surg. 2009;208:304-12 pubmed publisher..A consensus among stakeholders in North American surgical education is needed to further explore international training within surgical residency. ..
- Yuan J, Ku G, Gallardo H, Orlandi F, Manukian G, Rasalan T, et al. Safety and immunogenicity of a human and mouse gp100 DNA vaccine in a phase I trial of patients with melanoma. Cancer Immun. 2009;9:5 pubmed..One patient had an increase in CD8+ IFN-gamma+ cells. This xenogeneic immunization strategy was safe and associated with minimal toxicity. There was also evidence of immune response. ..
- Ocon A, Medow M, Taneja I, Clarke D, Stewart J. Decreased upright cerebral blood flow and cerebral autoregulation in normocapnic postural tachycardia syndrome. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2009;297:H664-73 pubmed publisher..We conclude that dynamic and static autoregulation of CBF are less effective in POTS patients compared with control subjects during orthostatic challenge. ..
- Brust J, Litwin A, Berg K, Li X, Heo M, Arnsten J. Directly observed antiretroviral therapy in substance abusers receiving methadone maintenance therapy does not cause increased drug resistance. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2011;27:535-41 pubmed publisher..DOT should be considered for substance users attending methadone maintenance clinics who are at high risk of nonadherence. ..
- Frey M, Ihnow S, Worley M, Heyman K, Kessler R, Slomovitz B, et al. Minimally invasive staging of endometrial cancer is feasible and safe in elderly women. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2011;18:200-4 pubmed publisher..Minimally invasive surgical staging for endometrial cancer is both feasible and safe in the elderly population and offers similar outcomes as in younger patients. ..
- Chong E, Tsereteli T, Nguyen N, Winikoff B. A randomized controlled trial of different buccal misoprostol doses in mifepristone medical abortion. Contraception. 2012;86:251-6 pubmed publisher..Four hundred micrograms of buccal misoprostol is as effective as the standard 800-mcg dose in terminating pregnancies up to 63 days LMP and reduces side effects. ..
- Huang K, Cheng S, CALZADA E, Brotman L. Symptoms of anxiety and associated risk and protective factors in young Asian American children. Child Psychiatry Hum Dev. 2012;43:761-74 pubmed publisher..A combination of cultural, family, and school factors explained from 17 to 39 % of the variance in anxiety symptoms. Findings inform prevention services for young ASA children. ..
- Lyddon R, Navarrett S, Dracheva S. Ionotropic glutamate receptor mRNA editing in the prefrontal cortex: no alterations in schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. J Psychiatry Neurosci. 2012;37:267-72 pubmed publisher..Differences in editing between flip and flop splicoforms suggest that glutamate sensitivity of receptors containing GluA3 and/or GluA4 flop subunits is moderated as a result of increased editing. ..
- Landa G, Jangi A, Garcia P, Rosen R. Initial report of quantification of retinal blood flow velocity in normal human subjects using the Retinal Functional Imager (RFI). Int Ophthalmol. 2012;32:211-5 pubmed publisher..The RFI appears to be an effective tool in quantitative evaluations of RBF velocities. The values from the study constitute a normative database which can be used to evaluate and compare eyes with known or suspected pathology. ..
- Mattheisen M, Samuels J, Wang Y, Greenberg B, Fyer A, McCracken J, et al. Genome-wide association study in obsessive-compulsive disorder: results from the OCGAS. Mol Psychiatry. 2015;20:337-44 pubmed publisher..29 × 10(-)(5)). The suggestive findings in this study await replication in larger samples. ..
- Berdeja J, Jagannath S, Zonder J, Badros A, Kaufman J, Manges R, et al. Pharmacokinetics and Safety of Elotuzumab Combined With Lenalidomide and Dexamethasone in Patients With Multiple Myeloma and Various Levels of Renal Impairment: Results of a Phase Ib Study. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2016;16:129-38 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study support the use of elotuzumab for the treatment of patients with MM and renal dysfunction without dose adjustment. ..
- Nusbaum J, Gordon J, Steen V. African American race associated with body image dissatisfaction among patients with systemic sclerosis. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2016;34 Suppl 100:70-73 pubmed..Screening for and addressing this issue in SSc patients is prudent. Further study is needed to understand racial differences in body image dissatisfaction among patients with SSc. ..
- Quinn A, Ae Ngibise K, Kinney P, Kaali S, Wylie B, Boamah E, et al. Ambulatory monitoring demonstrates an acute association between cookstove-related carbon monoxide and blood pressure in a Ghanaian cohort. Environ Health. 2017;16:76 pubmed publisher..ABPM shows promise as an outcome measure for assessing cardiovascular health benefits of cookstove interventions. The GRAPHS trial was registered with clinicaltrials.gov on 13 April 2011 with the identifier NCT01335490 . ..
- Beyer K, Bardina L, Grishina G, Sampson H. Identification of sesame seed allergens by 2-dimensional proteomics and Edman sequencing: seed storage proteins as common food allergens. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2002;110:154-9 pubmed..In addition, the detection of conserved IgE binding epitopes in common food allergens might be a useful tool for predicting cross-reactivity to certain foods. ..
- Younger D. The myopathies. Med Clin North Am. 2003;87:899-907, ix pubmed
- Antony A, McCarthy C, Cordeiro P, Mehrara B, Pusic A, Teo E, et al. Acellular human dermis implantation in 153 immediate two-stage tissue expander breast reconstructions: determining the incidence and significant predictors of complications. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010;125:1606-14 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the incidence of postoperative adverse events and identify significant predictors of complications in acellular human dermis tissue expander breast reconstruction...
- Tang W, Lu Y, Tian Q, Zhang Y, Guo F, Liu G, et al. The growth factor progranulin binds to TNF receptors and is therapeutic against inflammatory arthritis in mice. Science. 2011;332:478-84 pubmed publisher..They also suggest new potential therapeutic interventions for various TNF?-mediated pathologies and conditions, including rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Gundel R, Kaplan E, Rosen J. Quantitative analysis of visual acuity through amber discolored lenses. Optom Vis Sci. 1992;69:948-52 pubmed..None of the differences in high or low contrast acuity between our discolored and nondiscolored lenses were found to be statistically significant using a paired t-test at the 99% significance level. ..
- Itescu S, Brancato L, Buxbaum J, Gregersen P, Rizk C, Croxson T, et al. A diffuse infiltrative CD8 lymphocytosis syndrome in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection: a host immune response associated with HLA-DR5. Ann Intern Med. 1990;112:3-10 pubmed..To describe the clinical, immunologic, and immunogenetic features of a diffuse infiltrative lymphocytic disorder resembling Sjögren syndrome in persons infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)...
- Liu J, Roman M, Pini R, Schwartz J, Pickering T, Devereux R. Cardiac and arterial target organ damage in adults with elevated ambulatory and normal office blood pressure. Ann Intern Med. 1999;131:564-72 pubmed
- Citrome L, Volavka J, Czobor P, Sheitman B, Lindenmayer J, McEvoy J, et al. Effects of clozapine, olanzapine, risperidone, and haloperidol on hostility among patients with schizophrenia. Psychiatr Serv. 2001;52:1510-4 pubmed..Neither risperidone nor olanzapine showed superiority to haloperidol. Clozapine has a relative advantage over other antipsychotics as a specific antihostility agent. ..
- Chatterjee A, Louis E, Frucht S. Levetiracetam in the treatment of paroxysmal kinesiogenic choreoathetosis. Mov Disord. 2002;17:614-5 pubmed..We report on the use of levetiracetam in the treatment of PKC. Levetiracetam was effective in eliminating paroxysmal events and should be considered as an alternative to standard antiepileptic medications in this disorder...
- Karadimitris A, Araten D, Luzzatto L, Notaro R. Severe telomere shortening in patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria affects both GPI- and GPI+ hematopoiesis. Blood. 2003;102:514-6 pubmed..The short telomeres of the GPI+ cells indicate that the residual hematopoiesis contributed by these cells is not normal. This epigenetic change is an additional feature shared by PNH and aplastic anemia. ..
- Zalsman G, Huang Y, HARKAVY FRIEDMAN J, Oquendo M, Ellis S, Mann J. Relationship of MAO-A promoter (u-VNTR) and COMT (V158M) gene polymorphisms to CSF monoamine metabolites levels in a psychiatric sample of caucasians: A preliminary report. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2005;132B:100-3 pubmed..This article contains supplementary material, which may be viewed at the American Journal of Medical Genetics website at http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0148-7299:1/suppmat/index.html. ..
- Gagner J, Yim J, Yang G. Fine-needle aspiration cytology of epithelioid angiosarcoma: a diagnostic dilemma. Diagn Cytopathol. 2005;33:429-33 pubmed..This case illustrates that morphology with clinicopathologic correlation tends to be a better guide than available special techniques. ..
- Kawut S, Assaad A, Arcasoy S, Rosenzweig E, Sonett J, Borczuk A. Pulmonary capillary hemangiomatosis: results of gene expression analysis. Chest. 2005;128:575S-5766S pubmed
- Howard M, Polo K, Pusic A, Cordeiro P, Hidalgo D, Mehrara B, et al. Breast cancer local recurrence after mastectomy and TRAM flap reconstruction: incidence and treatment options. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006;117:1381-6 pubmed..Removal of the entire TRAM flap was only necessary in the setting of multifocal recurrence or involvement of the flap pedicle with disease. The risk of local recurrence was not increased following complete skin-sparing mastectomy. ..
- Gleicher N, Barad D. Unexplained infertility: does it really exist?. Hum Reprod. 2006;21:1951-5 pubmed..Better efforts to reach infertility diagnoses more accurately should improve the diagnostic accuracy of hitherto frequently missed diagnoses, which often falsely have led to a diagnosis of UI. ..
- Coleman S. Structural fat grafting: more than a permanent filler. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006;118:108S-120S pubmed..Of particular interest is the research that has pointed to the use of stem cells to repair and even to become bone, cartilage, muscle, blood vessels, nerves, and skin. Further studies are essential to understand grafted fat tissue. ..
- Golden A, Hellenbrand W. Coarctation of the aorta: stenting in children and adults. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2007;69:289-99 pubmed..Many of these significant complications occurred in the same patients. Balloon-expandable stents should be considered a safe and very effective treatment modality in a significant subset of patients with coarctation of the aorta. ..
- Leiser A, Chi D, Ishill N, Tew W. Carcinosarcoma of the ovary treated with platinum and taxane: the memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center experience. Gynecol Oncol. 2007;105:657-61 pubmed..The 3- and 5-year survival rates were 53% and 30%, respectively. The combination of platinum and a taxane is a viable first-line treatment option for patients with ovarian carcinosarcoma. ..
- Yantiss R, Panczykowski A, Misdraji J, Hahn H, Odze R, Rennert H, et al. A comprehensive study of nondysplastic and dysplastic serrated polyps of the vermiform appendix. Am J Surg Pathol. 2007;31:1742-53 pubmed..These features, including BRAF mutations, may be more closely related to a serrated morphology in appendiceal polyps rather than biologically important changes...
- Scope A, Dusza S, Halpern A, Rabinovitz H, Braun R, Zalaudek I, et al. The "ugly duckling" sign: agreement between observers. Arch Dermatol. 2008;144:58-64 pubmed publisher..A limitation of the study is that assessment was done in virtual settings. In the present study, melanomas were generally apparent as UDs. The potential of the UD sign for melanoma screening should be further assessed. ..
- Ganly I, Patel S, Matsuo J, Singh B, Kraus D, Boyle J, et al. Analysis of postoperative complications of open partial laryngectomy. Head Neck. 2009;31:338-45 pubmed publisher..Problems related to local wound healing, especially the development of laryngocutaneous fistula, constituted the most common postoperative complication in these patients. ..
- Bradley S, Karani R, McGinn T, Wisnivesky J. Predictors of serious injury among hospitalized patients evaluated for falls. J Hosp Med. 2010;5:63-8 pubmed publisher..After adjusting for age and sex, evidence of trauma and ambulatory status were independent predictors of an injury being found on imaging studies after an inpatient fall. ..