Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on actins in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Publications230 found, 100 shown here
- Azeloglu E, Costa K. Cross-bridge cycling gives rise to spatiotemporal heterogeneity of dynamic subcellular mechanics in cardiac myocytes probed with atomic force microscopy. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2010;298:H853-60 pubmed publisher..The technique provides a means of probing the micromechanical effects of disease processes and pharmacological treatments on beating cardiomyocytes, providing new insights and relating subcellular cardiac structure and function. ..
- Park S, Chen S, Kim M, D Agati V, Lee H. Selective intrarenal human A1 adenosine receptor overexpression reduces acute liver and kidney injury after hepatic ischemia reperfusion in mice. Lab Invest. 2010;90:476-95 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings show that protecting the kidney reduces liver IR injury and selective overexpression of cytoprotective A(1)ARs in the kidney leads to protection of both liver and kidney after hepatic IR. ..
- Weskamp G, Mendelson K, Swendeman S, Le Gall S, Ma Y, Lyman S, et al. Pathological neovascularization is reduced by inactivation of ADAM17 in endothelial cells but not in pericytes. Circ Res. 2010;106:932-40 pubmed publisher..Because ADAM17 does not appear to be required for normal developmental angiogenesis or vascular homeostasis, it could emerge as a good target for treatment of pathological neovascularization. ..
- Lajoie P, Nabi I. Lipid rafts, caveolae, and their endocytosis. Int Rev Cell Mol Biol. 2010;282:135-63 pubmed publisher..In this review we will characterize lipid rafts and caveolae, their endocytosis and its regulation by the actin cytoskeleton, caveolin-1, dynamin, and cholesterol. ..
- Beaty B, Sharma V, Bravo Cordero J, Simpson M, Eddy R, Koleske A, et al. ?1 integrin regulates Arg to promote invadopodial maturation and matrix degradation. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:1661-75, S1-11 pubmed publisher..These results describe a fundamental role for ?1 integrin in controlling actin polymerization-dependent invadopodial maturation and matrix degradation in metastatic tumor cells...
- Schwer B, Gross C. Prp22, a DExH-box RNA helicase, plays two distinct roles in yeast pre-mRNA splicing. EMBO J. 1998;17:2086-94 pubmed..Thus, Prp22 has two distinct functions in yeast pre-mRNA splicing: an ATP-independent role during the second catalytic step and an ATP-requiring function in disassembly of the spliceosome. ..
- Sivalenka R, Jessberger R. SWAP-70 regulates c-kit-induced mast cell activation, cell-cell adhesion, and migration. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10277-88 pubmed..Together, we suggest that SWAP-70 is an important regulator of specific effector pathways in c-kit signaling, including mast cell activation, migration, and cell adhesion. ..
- Kierszenbaum A, Tres L. The acrosome-acroplaxome-manchette complex and the shaping of the spermatid head. Arch Histol Cytol. 2004;67:271-84 pubmed
- Liu H, He Z, Tang Y, Mele C, Veeck L, Davis O, et al. Simultaneous detection of multiple gene expression in mouse and human individual preimplantation embryos. Fertil Steril. 1997;67:733-41 pubmed..This is the first report of the assessment of IGF family transcripts in individual embryos, and introduces a novel method for research and clinical diagnosis of preimplantation embryos. ..
- Goldberg D, Foley M, Tang D, Grabham P. Recruitment of the Arp2/3 complex and mena for the stimulation of actin polymerization in growth cones by nerve growth factor. J Neurosci Res. 2000;60:458-67 pubmed..These results point to the early involvement of the Arp2/3 complex and the Ena/VASP family in growth factor-stimulated actin polymerization that gives rise to protrusive structures at the growth cone. ..
- Zebda N, Bernard O, Bailly M, Welti S, Lawrence D, Condeelis J. Phosphorylation of ADF/cofilin abolishes EGF-induced actin nucleation at the leading edge and subsequent lamellipod extension. J Cell Biol. 2000;151:1119-28 pubmed..These results indicate a direct role for ADF/cofilin in the generation of the barbed ends that are required for lamellipod extension in response to EGF stimulation. ..
- Wang H, Lu F, Jin I, Udo H, Kandel E, de Vente J, et al. Presynaptic and postsynaptic roles of NO, cGK, and RhoA in long-lasting potentiation and aggregation of synaptic proteins. Neuron. 2005;45:389-403 pubmed..cGK phosphorylates synaptic VASP during the potentiation, whereas Rho GTPases act both in parallel and upstream of cGMP, in part by maintaining the synaptic localization of soluble guanylyl cyclase. ..
- Asanuma K, Kim K, Oh J, Giardino L, Chabanis S, Faul C, et al. Synaptopodin regulates the actin-bundling activity of alpha-actinin in an isoform-specific manner. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:1188-98 pubmed..In concert, synaptopodin regulates the actin-bundling activity of alpha-actinin in highly dynamic cell compartments, such as podocyte FPs and the dendritic spine apparatus. ..
- Itoh K, Lisovsky M, Hikasa H, Sokol S. Reorganization of actin cytoskeleton by FRIED, a Frizzled-8 associated protein tyrosine phosphatase. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:90-101 pubmed..Our data are consistent with the possibility that FRIED functions by modulating Rac1 activity. We propose that FRIED is an adaptor protein that serves as a molecular link between Wnt signaling and actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Pielak R, Hawkins C, Pyie A, Bautista J, Lee K, Cohen W. Polar body formation in Spisula oocytes: function of the peripheral aster. Biol Bull. 2005;209:21-30 pubmed..These results strongly support the proposed causal relationship between peripheral aster spreading and biogenesis of the F-actin ring involved in polar body formation. ..
- Lauriat T, Dracheva S, Chin B, Schmeidler J, McInnes L, Haroutunian V. Quantitative analysis of glutamate transporter mRNA expression in prefrontal and primary visual cortex in normal and schizophrenic brain. Neuroscience. 2006;137:843-51 pubmed..However, because most of the schizophrenic subjects in the cohort had been treated with antipsychotics for many years, it is still possible that changes in transporter expression were masked by medication effects. ..
- Jefferson J, Leung C, Liem R. Dissecting the sequence specific functions of alternative N-terminal isoforms of mouse bullous pemphigoid antigen 1. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:2712-25 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggested that the unique N-terminal regions of these isoforms have different roles that may be tailored to meet tissue specific functions. ..
- Wang H, Liu C, Debnath G, Baines A, Conboy J, Mohandas N, et al. Comprehensive characterization of expression patterns of protein 4.1 family members in mouse adrenal gland: implications for functions. Histochem Cell Biol. 2010;134:411-20 pubmed publisher..The characterization of distinct splice forms of various 4.1 proteins with diverse cellular and sub-cellular localization indicates multiple functions for this family of proteins in endocrine functions of adrenal gland. ..
- Huang P, Yeku O, Zong H, Tsang P, Su W, Yu X, et al. Phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate-5-kinase alpha deficiency alters dynamics of glucose-stimulated insulin release to improve glucohomeostasis and decrease obesity in mice. Diabetes. 2011;60:454-63 pubmed publisher..The increased first-phase glucose-stimulated release of insulin observed on the normal diet may underlie the partial protection against the elevated serum glucose and obesity seen in type 2 diabetes-like model systems. ..
- Fernandez Gonzalez R, Zallen J. Oscillatory behaviors and hierarchical assembly of contractile structures in intercalating cells. Phys Biol. 2011;8:045005 pubmed publisher..We discuss models to explain how the architecture of cytoskeletal networks regulates their contractile behavior and the mechanisms that give rise to oscillatory cell behaviors in intercalating cells...
- Su L, Mruk D, Lie P, Silvestrini B, Cheng C. A peptide derived from laminin-?3 reversibly impairs spermatogenesis in rats. Nat Commun. 2012;3:1185 pubmed publisher..The impairment of spermatogenesis suggests that this laminin peptide fragment may serve as a contraceptive in male rats. ..
- Zilberman Y, Abrams J, Anderson D, Nance J. Cdc42 regulates junctional actin but not cell polarization in the Caenorhabditis elegans epidermis. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:3729-3744 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify a previously unrecognized molecular mechanism for inhibiting junctional CDC-42 to control actin organization and AJ protein levels during epithelial morphogenesis. ..
- Adamo J, Rossi G, Brennwald P. The Rho GTPase Rho3 has a direct role in exocytosis that is distinct from its role in actin polarity. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:4121-33 pubmed..These data suggest that Rho3 acts as a key regulator of cell polarity and exocytosis, coordinating several distinct events for delivery of proteins to specific sites on the cell surface. ..
- Poperechnaya A, Varlamova O, Lin P, Stull J, Bresnick A. Localization and activity of myosin light chain kinase isoforms during the cell cycle. J Cell Biol. 2000;151:697-708 pubmed..J. Hartshorne, and F. Matsumura. 1999. J. Cell Biol. 144:735-744) act cooperatively to regulate the level of Ser 19-phosphorylated myosin II during mitosis and initiate cytokinesis through the activation of myosin II motor activity. ..
- Vukosavic S, Stefanis L, Jackson Lewis V, Guegan C, Romero N, Chen C, et al. Delaying caspase activation by Bcl-2: A clue to disease retardation in a transgenic mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. J Neurosci. 2000;20:9119-25 pubmed
- Zhu Y, Lee H, Zhang L. An examination of heme action in gene expression: heme and heme deficiency affect the expression of diverse genes in erythroid k562 and neuronal PC12 cells. DNA Cell Biol. 2002;21:333-46 pubmed..These studies provide insights into how heme may act to control diverse regulatory processes in mammals. ..
- Si K, Giustetto M, Etkin A, Hsu R, Janisiewicz A, Miniaci M, et al. A neuronal isoform of CPEB regulates local protein synthesis and stabilizes synapse-specific long-term facilitation in aplysia. Cell. 2003;115:893-904 pubmed..We suggest that Aplysia CPEB is one of the stabilizing components of the synaptic mark. ..
- Grossman S, Futter M, Snyder G, Allen P, Nairn A, Greengard P, et al. Spinophilin is phosphorylated by Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II resulting in regulation of its binding to F-actin. J Neurochem. 2004;90:317-24 pubmed..These results indicate that spinophilin is phosphorylated by multiple kinases in vivo and that differential phosphorylation may target spinophilin to specific locations within dendritic spines. ..
- Tamada M, Sheetz M, Sawada Y. Activation of a signaling cascade by cytoskeleton stretch. Dev Cell. 2004;7:709-18 pubmed..We suggest that mechanical force on Triton cytoskeletons activates local tyrosine phosphorylation, which provides docking sites for cytosolic proteins, and initiates signaling to activate Rap1. ..
- Thi M, Tarbell J, Weinbaum S, Spray D. The role of the glycocalyx in reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton under fluid shear stress: a "bumper-car" model. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:16483-8 pubmed
- Zamora Leon S, Shafit Zagardo B. Disruption of the actin network enhances MAP-2c and Fyn-induced process outgrowth. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2005;62:110-23 pubmed..These studies suggest that independent of one another MAP-2c and Fyn are able to induce process outgrowth and in concert can initiate and enhance process outgrowth in an additive manner. ..
- Rakeman A, Anderson K. Axis specification and morphogenesis in the mouse embryo require Nap1, a regulator of WAVE-mediated actin branching. Development. 2006;133:3075-83 pubmed..Thus, the Nap1 mutant phenotypes define the crucial roles of Nap1/WAVE-mediated actin regulation in tissue organization and establishment of the body plan of the mammalian embryo. ..
- Bernstein A, Twining S, Warejcka D, Tall E, Masur S. Urokinase receptor cleavage: a crucial step in fibroblast-to-myofibroblast differentiation. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:2716-27 pubmed..These data support a novel hypothesis that maintaining full-length uPAR on the cell surface regulates the fibroblast to myofibroblast transition and that down-regulation of uPAR is necessary for myofibroblast differentiation. ..
- Lee H, Park S, Kim M, D Agati V. Acute kidney injury after hepatic ischemia and reperfusion injury in mice. Lab Invest. 2009;89:196-208 pubmed publisher..Our murine model of AKI after liver injury closely mimics human AKI associated with ALF and may be useful in delineating the mechanisms and potential therapies for this common clinical condition. ..
- Duran M, Rahman A, Colten M, Brazill D. Dictyostelium discoideum paxillin regulates actin-based processes. Protist. 2009;160:221-32 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data suggest that proper expression of PaxB is vital for the regulation of development and actin-dependent processes. ..
- Venkatesh D, Mruk D, Herter J, Cullere X, Chojnacka K, Cheng C, et al. AKAP9, a Regulator of Microtubule Dynamics, Contributes to Blood-Testis Barrier Function. Am J Pathol. 2016;186:270-84 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest that AKAP9 and, by inference, the regulation of the microtubule network are critical for BTB function and subsequent germ cell development during spermatogenesis. ..
- Katz Z, English B, Lionnet T, Yoon Y, Monnier N, Ovryn B, et al. Mapping translation 'hot-spots' in live cells by tracking single molecules of mRNA and ribosomes. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..This method can identify where ribosomes become engaged for local protein production and how spatial regulation of mRNA-protein interactions mediates cell directionality. ..
- Goodwin L, Lees Miller J, Leonard M, Cheley S, Helfman D. Four fibroblast tropomyosin isoforms are expressed from the rat alpha-tropomyosin gene via alternative RNA splicing and the use of two promoters. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:8408-15 pubmed..The changes in the expression of tropomyosin mRNAs in transformed cells reflect changes in the relative use of the two promoters, as well as the relative use of alternatively spliced exons 6a and 6b. ..
- Lowry W, Huang J, Ma Y, Ali S, Wang D, Williams D, et al. Csk, a critical link of g protein signals to actin cytoskeletal reorganization. Dev Cell. 2002;2:733-44 pubmed..Our genetic and biochemical studies demonstrate that Csk plays a critical role in mediating G protein signals to actin cytoskeletal reorganization. ..
- Fusco D, Accornero N, Lavoie B, Shenoy S, Blanchard J, Singer R, et al. Single mRNA molecules demonstrate probabilistic movement in living mammalian cells. Curr Biol. 2003;13:161-167 pubmed..Individual mRNA molecules switched frequently among these movements, suggesting that mRNAs undergo continuous cycles of anchoring, diffusion, and active transport. ..
- Onoprishvili I, Andria M, Kramer H, Ancevska Taneva N, Hiller J, Simon E. Interaction between the mu opioid receptor and filamin A is involved in receptor regulation and trafficking. Mol Pharmacol. 2003;64:1092-100 pubmed..It is postulated that the observed effects on mu opioid receptor regulation by filamin A and, by implication, of the actin cytoskeleton may be the result of its role in mu opioid receptor trafficking. ..
- Kierszenbaum A, Tres L, Rivkin E, Kang Decker N, van Deursen J. The acroplaxome is the docking site of Golgi-derived myosin Va/Rab27a/b- containing proacrosomal vesicles in wild-type and Hrb mutant mouse spermatids. Biol Reprod. 2004;70:1400-10 pubmed..We suggest that nucleopodes develop at a site where a keratin 5-deficient acroplaxome may not withstand tension forces operating during spermatid nuclear shaping. ..
- Kinchen J, Cabello J, Klingele D, Wong K, Feichtinger R, Schnabel H, et al. Two pathways converge at CED-10 to mediate actin rearrangement and corpse removal in C. elegans. Nature. 2005;434:93-9 pubmed
- Su I, Dobenecker M, Dickinson E, Oser M, Basavaraj A, Marqueron R, et al. Polycomb group protein ezh2 controls actin polymerization and cell signaling. Cell. 2005;121:425-36 pubmed..Revealed function of Ezh2 points to a broader usage of lysine methylation in regulation of both nuclear and extra-nuclear signaling processes. ..
- Ryan X, Alldritt J, Svenningsson P, Allen P, Wu G, Nairn A, et al. The Rho-specific GEF Lfc interacts with neurabin and spinophilin to regulate dendritic spine morphology. Neuron. 2005;47:85-100 pubmed..Thus, interaction between Lfc and neurabin/spinophilin selectively regulates Rho-dependent organization of F-actin in spines and is a link between the microtubule and F-actin cytoskeletons in dendrites. ..
- Akopian A, Szikra T, Cristofanilli M, Krizaj D. Glutamate-induced Ca2+ influx in third-order neurons of salamander retina is regulated by the actin cytoskeleton. Neuroscience. 2006;138:17-24 pubmed
- Kim T, Goodman J, Anderson K, Niswander L. Phactr4 regulates neural tube and optic fissure closure by controlling PP1-, Rb-, and E2F1-regulated cell-cycle progression. Dev Cell. 2007;13:87-102 pubmed..Thus, Phactr4 is critical for the spatially and temporally regulated transition in proliferation through differential regulation of PP1 and the cell cycle during neurulation and eye development...
- Chan A, Akhtar M, Brenner M, Zheng Y, Gulko P, Symons M. The GTPase Rac regulates the proliferation and invasion of fibroblast-like synoviocytes from rheumatoid arthritis patients. Mol Med. 2007;13:297-304 pubmed..In conclusion, Rac-controlled signaling pathways may present a new source of drug targets for therapeutic intervention in RA. ..
- Muehlich S, Wang R, Lee S, Lewis T, Dai C, Prywes R. Serum-induced phosphorylation of the serum response factor coactivator MKL1 by the extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 pathway inhibits its nuclear localization. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:6302-13 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which serum induction initially stimulates MKL1 nuclear localization due to a decrease in G-actin levels, but MKL1 is then downregulated by nuclear export due to ERK1/2 phosphorylation. ..
- Johnson R, Sedgwick A, D SOUZA SCHOREY C, Cagan R. Role for a Cindr-Arf6 axis in patterning emerging epithelia. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:4513-26 pubmed publisher..We propose that this Cindr/CD2AP-mediated regulation of Arf6 is a widely used mechanism in emerging epithelia...
- Wang L, Ko C, Meyers E, Pedroja B, Pelaez N, Bernstein A. Concentration-dependent effects of transforming growth factor ?1 on corneal wound healing. Mol Vis. 2011;17:2835-46 pubmed..Together, our data demonstrate that low concentrations of TGF?1 promote p38MAPK activation that is a key to HCF migration, suggesting that a low concentration of TGF? may be useful in treating non-healing corneal wounds. ..
- Qian X, Mruk D, Cheng C. Rai14 (retinoic acid induced protein 14) is involved in regulating f-actin dynamics at the ectoplasmic specialization in the rat testis*. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60656 pubmed publisher..In short, Rai14 is involved in the re-organization of actin filaments in Sertoli cells during the epithelial cycle, participating in conferring spermatid polarity and cell adhesion in the testis. ..
- Nieto N, Friedman S, Cederbaum A. Stimulation and proliferation of primary rat hepatic stellate cells by cytochrome P450 2E1-derived reactive oxygen species. Hepatology. 2002;35:62-73 pubmed..Thus, besides perturbing the homeostasis of hepatocytes, CYP2E1-derived diffusible oxidants may also interact with stellate cells and contribute to hepatic fibrosis. ..
- Politi K, Szabolcs M, Fisher P, Kljuic A, Ludwig T, Efstratiadis A. A mouse model of uterine leiomyosarcoma. Am J Pathol. 2004;164:325-36 pubmed..To begin exploring aberrant signaling events in the SVER-triggered tumorigenic pathways, we analyzed the expression profile of leiomyosarcomas by DNA microarray analysis. ..
- Lee N, Cheng C. Ectoplasmic specialization, a testis-specific cell-cell actin-based adherens junction type: is this a potential target for male contraceptive development?. Hum Reprod Update. 2004;10:349-69 pubmed..The potential to specifically target the ES may also mean that contraceptive action could be achieved without perturbing the hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis...
- Zimmerman S, Daga R, Chang F. Intra-nuclear microtubules and a mitotic spindle orientation checkpoint. Nat Cell Biol. 2004;6:1245-6 pubmed..Here, we show that these microtubules are actually inside the nuclear envelope. ..
- Pirraglia C, Jattani R, Myat M. Rac function in epithelial tube morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2006;290:435-46 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that regulation of cadherin-based adherens junctions by Rac is critical for salivary gland morphogenesis and that this regulation occurs through dynamin-mediated endocytosis. ..
- An X, Salomao M, Guo X, Gratzer W, Mohandas N. Tropomyosin modulates erythrocyte membrane stability. Blood. 2007;109:1284-8 pubmed..These findings have enabled us identify a function for TM in elevating the mechanical stability of erythrocyte membranes by stabilizing the spectrin-actin-4.1R junctional complex. ..
- Lee K, Kerr L, Cohen W. Molecular organization and in vivo function of the cytoskeleton of amphibian erythrocytes. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2007;64:621-8 pubmed..F-actin binding to MB microtubules then creates a composite system, enhancing flexural rigidity to produce and maintain ellipsoidal shape during the physical challenges of blood flow in vivo...
- Clancy R, Zheng P, O Mahony M, Izmirly P, Zavadil J, Gardner L, et al. Role of hypoxia and cAMP in the transdifferentiation of human fetal cardiac fibroblasts: implications for progression to scarring in autoimmune-associated congenital heart block. Arthritis Rheum. 2007;56:4120-31 pubmed..Modulation of cAMP may be a key component in the scarring phenotype. Further assessment of the susceptibility of cardiac fibroblasts to cAMP modulation offers a new research direction in CHB. ..
- Onoprishvili I, Ali S, Andria M, Shpigel A, Simon E. Filamin A mutant lacking actin-binding domain restores mu opioid receptor regulation in melanoma cells. Neurochem Res. 2008;33:2054-61 pubmed publisher..We conclude that some functions of FLA do not act via the actin cytoskeleton. It is likely that other functions, not studied here, may require functional binding of the MOPr-FLA complex to actin. ..
- Hoffman E, Mintz C, Wang S, McNickle D, Salton S, Benson D. Effects of ethanol on axon outgrowth and branching in developing rat cortical neurons. Neuroscience. 2008;157:556-65 pubmed publisher..We find that ethanol does not alter axonal polarization, L1CAM-dependent axon outgrowth or branching, or L1CAM recycling in axonal growth cones. Thus, ethanol inhibition of L1CAM is highly dependent on neuronal context. ..
- Paoluzzi L, Scotto L, Marchi E, Seshan V, O Connor O. The anti-histaminic cyproheptadine synergizes the antineoplastic activity of bortezomib in mantle cell lymphoma through its effects as a histone deacetylase inhibitor. Br J Haematol. 2009;146:656-9 pubmed publisher..In a severe combined immunodeficient beige mouse model, cyproheptadine plus bortezomib demonstrated a statistically significant advantage compared to either agent alone...
- Park S, Chen S, Kim M, D Agati V, Lee H. Human heat shock protein 27-overexpressing mice are protected against acute kidney injury after hepatic ischemia and reperfusion. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;297:F885-94 pubmed publisher..Harnessing the mechanisms of cytoprotection with renal HSP27 may lead to new therapies for the perioperative AKI and liver injury associated with liver IRI. ..
- Park S, Kim M, Chen S, D Agati V, Lee H. Sphinganine-1-phosphate attenuates both hepatic and renal injury induced by hepatic ischemia and reperfusion in mice. Shock. 2010;33:31-42 pubmed publisher..Harnessing the mechanisms of cytoprotection with sphinganine-1-phosphate activation may lead to new therapies for perioperative hepatic I/R injury and subsequent remote organ injury. ..
- Kasza K, Zallen J. Dynamics and regulation of contractile actin-myosin networks in morphogenesis. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2011;23:30-8 pubmed publisher..Analysis of the complex behaviors of actin-myosin networks will be crucial for understanding force generation in actively remodeling cells and the coordination of cell shape and movement at the tissue level. ..
- Quante M, Tu S, Tomita H, Gonda T, Wang S, Takashi S, et al. Bone marrow-derived myofibroblasts contribute to the mesenchymal stem cell niche and promote tumor growth. Cancer Cell. 2011;19:257-72 pubmed publisher..Therefore, carcinogenesis involves expansion and relocation of BM-niche cells to the tumor to create a niche to sustain cancer progression. ..
- Quadri S, Sun L, Islam M, Shapiro L, Bhattacharya J. Cadherin selectivity filter regulates endothelial sieving properties. Nat Commun. 2012;3:1099 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that adhesive interactions in the cadherin EC1 domain, which underlie adherens junction structure, are critical determinants of endothelial macromolecular sieving. ..
- Yang S, Huang F, Huang J, Chen S, Jakoncic J, Leo Macias A, et al. Molecular mechanism of fascin function in filopodial formation. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:274-84 pubmed publisher..Mutations in any one of the actin-binding sites impair the cellular function of fascin in filopodial formation. Altogether, our data reveal the molecular mechanism of fascin function in filopodial formation. ..
- Wei Q, Reidler D, Shen M, Huang H. Keratinocyte cytoskeletal roles in cell sheet engineering. BMC Biotechnol. 2013;13:17 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that substrate-free cell sheet biomechanical properties are dependent on the integrity of the cytoskeleton network. ..
- Tuzović L, Tang S, Miller R, Rohena L, Shahmirzadi L, Gonzalez K, et al. New Insights into the Genetics of Fetal Megacystis: ACTG2 Mutations, Encoding Î³-2 Smooth Muscle Actin in Megacystis Microcolon Intestinal Hypoperistalsis Syndrome (Berdon Syndrome). Fetal Diagn Ther. 2015;38:296-306 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for the counseling of families with a diagnosis of fetal megacystis with a preserved amniotic fluid volume and associated gastrointestinal findings. ..
- Wu B, Chao J, Singer R. Fluorescence fluctuation spectroscopy enables quantitative imaging of single mRNAs in living cells. Biophys J. 2012;102:2936-44 pubmed publisher..This work provides a foundation for quantitative spectroscopy and imaging of single mRNAs directly in live cells. ..
- Jung S, Van Nostrand W. Humanin rescues human cerebrovascular smooth muscle cells from Abeta-induced toxicity. J Neurochem. 2003;84:266-72 pubmed
- Simons C, Staes A, Rommelaere H, Ampe C, Lewis S, Cowan N. Selective contribution of eukaryotic prefoldin subunits to actin and tubulin binding. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:4196-203 pubmed..Our data are consistent with the hypothesis that PFD, like the eukaryotic cytosolic chaperonin, has co-evolved specifically to facilitate the folding of its target proteins. ..
- Yonetani A, Lustig R, Moseley J, Takeda T, Goode B, Chang F. Regulation and targeting of the fission yeast formin cdc12p in cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:2208-19 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide insights into the regulation of formin activity and the mechanisms of contractile ring dynamics and assembly. ..
- Kodama A, Karakesisoglou I, Wong E, Vaezi A, Fuchs E. ACF7: an essential integrator of microtubule dynamics. Cell. 2003;115:343-54 pubmed..Thus, spectraplakins are important for controlling microtubule dynamics and reinforcing links between microtubules and polarized F-actin, so that cellular polarization and coordinated cell movements can be sustained. ..
- Chao P, West A, Hung C. Chondrocyte intracellular calcium, cytoskeletal organization, and gene expression responses to dynamic osmotic loading. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2006;291:C718-25 pubmed..These studies illustrate the utility of the microfluidic device in cell signaling investigations, and their potential role in helping to elucidate mechanisms that mediate chondrocyte mechanotransduction to dynamic stimuli. ..
- Ruan J, Hyjek E, Kermani P, Christos P, Hooper A, Coleman M, et al. Magnitude of stromal hemangiogenesis correlates with histologic subtype of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:5622-31 pubmed
- Cozin M, Pinker B, Solemani K, Zuniga J, Dadaian S, Cremers S, et al. Novel therapy to reverse the cellular effects of bisphosphonates on primary human oral fibroblasts. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011;69:2564-78 pubmed publisher..The cytotoxic effects of BPs on oral fibroblasts and their significant reversal by the addition of GGOH and rhPDGF-BB provide both the potential mechanism and treatment options for ONJ. ..
- Madabhushi R, Marians K. Actin homolog MreB affects chromosome segregation by regulating topoisomerase IV in Escherichia coli. Mol Cell. 2009;33:171-80 pubmed publisher..In addition, MreB physically interacts with the ParC subunit of Topo IV. Together, these results may explain how dynamics of the bacterial cytoskeleton are coordinated with the timing of chromosome segregation. ..
- Qian X, Mruk D, Wong E, Cheng C. Breast cancer resistance protein regulates apical ectoplasmic specialization dynamics stage specifically in the rat testis. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2013;304:E757-69 pubmed publisher..Indeed, a knockdown of Bcrp by RNAi in the testis perturbed the apical ES function, disrupting spermatid polarity and adhesion. In summary, Bcrp is a regulator of the F-actin-rich apical ES in the testis...
- Sabo S, Ikin A, Buxbaum J, Greengard P. The Alzheimer amyloid precursor protein (APP) and FE65, an APP-binding protein, regulate cell movement. J Cell Biol. 2001;153:1403-14 pubmed..These data are consistent with a role for FE65 and APP, possibly in a Mena-containing macromolecular complex, in regulation of actin-based motility. ..
- Pelham R, Chang F. Actin dynamics in the contractile ring during cytokinesis in fission yeast. Nature. 2002;419:82-6 pubmed..Our studies show that cytokinesis is a more dynamic process than previously thought and provide a perspective on the mechanism of cell division. ..
- Dickson T, Mintz C, Benson D, Salton S. Functional binding interaction identified between the axonal CAM L1 and members of the ERM family. J Cell Biol. 2002;157:1105-12 pubmed..Together, our data indicate that L1 binds directly to members of the ERM family and suggest this association may coordinate aspects of axonal morphogenesis. ..
- Chuang J, Yeh T, Bollati F, Conde C, Canavosio F, Caceres A, et al. The dynein light chain Tctex-1 has a dynein-independent role in actin remodeling during neurite outgrowth. Dev Cell. 2005;9:75-86 pubmed..Finally, our data suggest that the selective high level of Tctex-1 at the growth cone of growing axons drives fast neurite extension by modulating actin dynamics and also Rac1 activity. ..
- Perez Moreno M, Fuchs E. Catenins: keeping cells from getting their signals crossed. Dev Cell. 2006;11:601-12 pubmed..These findings reveal novel aspects of AJ function in normal tissues and offer insights into how changes in AJs and their associated proteins and cytoskeletal dynamics impact wound-repair and cancer. ..
- Benoff S, Millan C, Hurley I, Napolitano B, Marmar J. Bilateral increased apoptosis and bilateral accumulation of cadmium in infertile men with left varicocele. Hum Reprod. 2004;19:616-27 pubmed..Apoptosis may deplete the sperm concentration among men with varicocele and infertility. Pre-operative measurements of apoptosis and cadmium content may predict the outcome of varicocele repair. ..
- Huckaba T, Gay A, Pantalena L, Yang H, Pon L. Live cell imaging of the assembly, disassembly, and actin cable-dependent movement of endosomes and actin patches in the budding yeast, Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 2004;167:519-30 pubmed..Our studies support a mechanism whereby actin cables serve as "conveyor belts" for retrograde movement and delivery of actin patches/endosomes to FM4-64-labeled internal compartments. ..
- Yeung Y, Soldera S, Stanley E. A novel macrophage actin-associated protein (MAYP) is tyrosine-phosphorylated following colony stimulating factor-1 stimulation. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:30638-42 pubmed