Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transfection in Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Locale: Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
- Iovino M, Patani R, Watts C, Chandran S, Spillantini M. Human stem cell-derived neurons: a system to study human tau function and dysfunction. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13947 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that human embryonic stem cell-derived neurons express all 6 tau isoforms and are a good model in which to study tau physiology and pathology. ..
- Joly E, Leong L, Coadwell W, Clarkson C, Butcher G. The rat MHC haplotype RT1c expresses two classical class I molecules. J Immunol. 1996;157:1551-8 pubmed..These data all concur to demonstrate that the RT1.Ac region carries two different loci, each of which encodes a functional classical class I molecule. ..
- Bennett N, Ashiru O, Morgan F, Pang Y, Okecha G, Eagle R, et al. Intracellular sequestration of the NKG2D ligand ULBP3 by human cytomegalovirus. J Immunol. 2010;185:1093-102 pubmed publisher..In doing so, UL142 prevents ULBP3 trafficking to the surface and protects transfected cells from NK-mediated cytotoxicity. This is the first description of a viral gene able to mediate downregulation of ULBP3...
- Woolfson A, Milstein C. Alternative splicing generates secretory isoforms of human CD1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:6683-7 pubmed..CD1 gene expression is thus characterized by considerable splicing complexity, and the difference between the splicing patterns found in different environments suggests that this is tissue specific. ..
- Smith I, Knezevic B, Ammann J, Rhodes D, Aw D, Palmer D, et al. BTN1A1, the mammary gland butyrophilin, and BTN2A2 are both inhibitors of T cell activation. J Immunol. 2010;184:3514-25 pubmed publisher..These data are consistent with a coinhibitory role for mouse BTNs, including BTN1A1, the BTN expressed in the lactating mammary gland and on milk lipid droplets. ..
- Martin L, Calabi F, Lefebvre F, Bilsland C, Milstein C. Structure and expression of the human thymocyte antigens CD1a, CD1b, and CD1c. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1987;84:9189-93 pubmed..The general relatedness to major histocompatibility complex class I and class II molecules is significant but low, with no section of higher homology to mouse Tla. ..
- Holmes K, Song J, Liu X, Brown M, Carroll J. Nkx3-1 and LEF-1 function as transcriptional inhibitors of estrogen receptor activity. Cancer Res. 2008;68:7380-5 pubmed publisher..These data provide insight into the role of Nkx3-1 and LEF-1 as potential regulators of the hormone response in breast cancer. ..
- Navarro Negredo P, Edgar J, Wrobel A, Zaccai N, Antrobus R, Owen D, et al. Contribution of the clathrin adaptor AP-1 subunit µ1 to acidic cluster protein sorting. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2927-2943 pubmed publisher..In contrast, these mutants failed to rescue Nef-induced down-regulation of MHC class I, suggesting a possible mechanism for attacking the virus while sparing the host cell. ..
- Rhodes D, Stammers M, Malcherek G, Beck S, Trowsdale J. The cluster of BTN genes in the extended major histocompatibility complex. Genomics. 2001;71:351-62 pubmed..Most transcripts of BTN2 subfamily genes contained this domain, whereas BTN3 genes did not. Using immunofluorescence, we showed surface expression of BTN-green fluorescent protein fusions in mammalian cell transfectants. ..
- Malcherek G, Mayr L, Roda Navarro P, Rhodes D, Miller N, Trowsdale J. The B7 homolog butyrophilin BTN2A1 is a novel ligand for DC-SIGN. J Immunol. 2007;179:3804-11 pubmed..The data are consistent with tumor- or tissue-specific glycosylation of BTN2A1 governing recognition by DC-SIGN on immature monocyte-derived dendritic cells. ..
- Ohta K, Tannahill D, Yoshida K, Johnson A, Cook G, Keynes R. Embryonic lens repels retinal ganglion cell axons. Dev Biol. 1999;211:124-32 pubmed..One function of the lens repellent may be to prevent aberrant targeting toward the lens, and it may also be involved in the directional guidance of RGC axons toward the optic disc. ..
- Jitrapakdee S, Slawik M, Medina Gomez G, Campbell M, Wallace J, Sethi J, et al. The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma regulates murine pyruvate carboxylase gene expression in vivo and in vitro. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:27466-76 pubmed..Our findings identified PC as a PPARgamma-regulated gene and suggested a role for PPARgamma regulating intermediary metabolism. ..
- Crossthwaite A, Seebacher T, Masada N, Ciruela A, Dufraux K, Schultz J, et al. The cytosolic domains of Ca2+-sensitive adenylyl cyclases dictate their targeting to plasma membrane lipid rafts. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:6380-91 pubmed..Thus, protein-protein interactions may be more important than protein-lipid interactions in targeting these calcium-sensitive enzymes to lipid rafts. ..
- Murthy M, Kurz T, O Shaughnessy K. ROMK expression remains unaltered in a mouse model of familial hyperkalemic hypertension caused by the CUL3?403-459 mutation. Physiol Rep. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..This suggests that the hyperkalemia in our knock-in mouse and human PHA2E subjects with the CUL3(?403-459) mutation is not caused by reduced ROMK expression in the distal nephron. ..
- Tabusa H, Brooks T, Massey A. Knockdown of PAK4 or PAK1 inhibits the proliferation of mutant KRAS colon cancer cells independently of RAF/MEK/ERK and PI3K/AKT signaling. Mol Cancer Res. 2013;11:109-21 pubmed publisher..These results support a role for the PAKs in the proliferation of mutant KRAS-driven colorectal carcinoma cells via pathways not involving RAF/MEK/ERK and PI3K/AKT signaling. ..
- Murray M, Saini H, Siegler C, Hanning J, Barker E, van Dongen S, et al. LIN28 Expression in malignant germ cell tumors downregulates let-7 and increases oncogene levels. Cancer Res. 2013;73:4872-84 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the LIN28/let-7 pathway has a critical pathobiologic role in malignant GCTs and therefore offers a promising target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Ichihara E, Westover D, Meador C, Yan Y, Bauer J, Lu P, et al. SFK/FAK Signaling Attenuates Osimertinib Efficacy in Both Drug-Sensitive and Drug-Resistant Models of EGFR-Mutant Lung Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:2990-3000 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data suggest that the concomitant inhibition of both SFK/FAK and EGFR may be a promising therapeutic strategy for EGFR-mutant lung cancer. Cancer Res; 77(11); 2990-3000. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Carnally S, Johannessen M, Henderson R, Jackson M, Edwardson J. Demonstration of a direct interaction between sigma-1 receptors and acid-sensing ion channels. Biophys J. 2010;98:1182-91 pubmed publisher..For the first time, to our knowledge, we have resolved the structure of a complex between the sigma-1 receptor and a target ion channel, and demonstrated that the stoichiometry of the interaction is 1 sigma-1 receptor/1 ASIC1a subunit. ..
- Krubasik D, Eisenach P, Kunz Schughart L, Murphy G, English W. Granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor induces endothelial capillary formation through induction of membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase expression in vitro. Int J Cancer. 2008;122:1261-72 pubmed
- Rich T, Varadaraj A. Ataxin-1 fusion partners alter polyQ lethality and aggregation. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e1014 pubmed..These data show that polyQ driven aggregation can be influenced by fusion partners to generate species with different toxic properties and provide new opportunities to study IB aggregation, maturation and lethality. ..
- Naderi A, Teschendorff A, Beigel J, Cariati M, Ellis I, Brenton J, et al. BEX2 is overexpressed in a subset of primary breast cancers and mediates nerve growth factor/nuclear factor-kappaB inhibition of apoptosis in breast cancer cell lines. Cancer Res. 2007;67:6725-36 pubmed..These data suggest that a NGF/BEX2/NF-kappaB pathway is involved in regulating apoptosis in breast cancer cells and in modulating response to tamoxifen in primary tumors. ..
- Allen R, Raine T, Haude A, Trowsdale J, Wilson M. Leukocyte receptor complex-encoded immunomodulatory receptors show differing specificity for alternative HLA-B27 structures. J Immunol. 2001;167:5543-7 pubmed..Alternative recognition of different forms of HLA-B27 by KIR or ILT could influence their immunomodulatory function and may imply a role in inflammatory disease. ..
- Nugent C, Prins J, Whitehead J, Savage D, Wentworth J, Chatterjee V, et al. Potentiation of glucose uptake in 3T3-L1 adipocytes by PPAR gamma agonists is maintained in cells expressing a PPAR gamma dominant-negative mutant: evidence for selectivity in the downstream responses to PPAR gamma activation. Mol Endocrinol. 2001;15:1729-38 pubmed..The growing evidence that the effects of PPAR gamma on adipogenesis and glucose uptake can be dissociated may have important implications for the development of improved antidiabetic drug treatments. ..
- Stephens L, Eguinoa A, Erdjument Bromage H, Lui M, Cooke F, Coadwell J, et al. The G beta gamma sensitivity of a PI3K is dependent upon a tightly associated adaptor, p101. Cell. 1997;89:105-14 pubmed..They bound tightly to one another, both in vivo and in vitro, and in so doing, p101 amplified the effect of G beta gammas on the PI3K activity of p120 from less than 2-fold to greater than 100-fold. ..
- Dear T, Sanchez Garcia I, Rabbitts T. The HOX11 gene encodes a DNA-binding nuclear transcription factor belonging to a distinct family of homeobox genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:4431-5 pubmed..These all contain a threonine residue in place of the more common isoleucine or valine in helix 3 of the homeodomain. HOX11 therefore appears to belong to a family of DNA-binding transactivators of transcription. ..
- Banfield D, Lewis M, Rabouille C, Warren G, Pelham H. Localization of Sed5, a putative vesicle targeting molecule, to the cis-Golgi network involves both its transmembrane and cytoplasmic domains. J Cell Biol. 1994;127:357-71 pubmed..This was confirmed by modifying the transmembrane domain of the yeast Sed5 protein: substitution with the corresponding region from the Sso1 protein (a plasma membrane syntaxin homologue) did not affect yeast Sed5 function in vivo. ..
- Duncan L, Nathan J, Lehner P. Stabilization of an E3 ligase-E2-ubiquitin complex increases cell surface MHC class I expression. J Immunol. 2010;184:6978-85 pubmed publisher..The I44A mutant also increases cell-surface MHC I expression in control cells in the absence of K3, predicting the presence of an endogenous E3 ubiquitin ligase required for cell-surface MHC I regulation. ..
- Osada H, Grutz G, Axelson H, Forster A, Rabbitts T. LIM-only protein Lmo2 forms a protein complex with erythroid transcription factor GATA-1. Leukemia. 1997;11 Suppl 3:307-12 pubmed..Thus, a molecular link exists between three proteins crucial for erythropoiesis. This data suggest that variations in amounts of complexes involving Lmo2, Tall, and GATA-1 could be important for erythroid differentiation. ..