Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein kinase c in London, England, United Kingdom
Locale: London, England, United Kingdom
Topic: protein kinase c
- Valverde A, Sinnett Smith J, van Lint J, Rozengurt E. Molecular cloning and characterization of protein kinase D: a target for diacylglycerol and phorbol esters with a distinctive catalytic domain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:8572-6 pubmed..PKD may be an unusual component in the transduction of diacylglycerol and phorbol ester signals. ..
- Veale E, Kennard L, Sutton G, MacKenzie G, Sandu C, Mathie A. G(alpha)q-mediated regulation of TASK3 two-pore domain potassium channels: the role of protein kinase C. Mol Pharmacol. 2007;71:1666-75 pubmed
- Etienne Manneville S, Hall A. Integrin-mediated activation of Cdc42 controls cell polarity in migrating astrocytes through PKCzeta. Cell. 2001;106:489-98 pubmed..Localized PKCzeta activity, acting through the microtubule motor protein dynein, is required for all aspects of induced polarity in these cells. ..
- Holmes D, Zachary I. Vascular endothelial growth factor regulates stanniocalcin-1 expression via neuropilin-1-dependent regulation of KDR and synergism with fibroblast growth factor-2. Cell Signal. 2008;20:569-79 pubmed publisher..These findings support a role for NP-1 in mediating synergistic effects between VEGF-A(165) and FGF-2, which may occur in part through a contribution of NP-1 to KDR stability. ..
- Van Lint J, Sinnett Smith J, Rozengurt E. Expression and characterization of PKD, a phorbol ester and diacylglycerol-stimulated serine protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:1455-61 pubmed..Taken together, these data unambiguously establish PKD as a phorbol ester receptor and as a novel phospholipid/diacylglycerol-stimulated protein kinase. ..
- Farzaneh F, Entwistle A, Zalin R. Protein kinase C mediates the hormonally regulated plasma membrane fusion of avian embryonic skeletal muscle. Exp Cell Res. 1989;181:298-304 pubmed..These results implicate protein kinase C activation in prostaglandin E1-mediated myoblast fusion and add weight to the contention that inositol turnover is involved in the regulation of myoblast fusion. ..
- Erusalimsky J, Morris C, Perks K, Brown R, Brooks S, Rozengurt E. Internal amino acid sequence analysis of the 80 kDa protein kinase C substrate from rat brain: relationship to the 87 kDa substrate from bovine brain. FEBS Lett. 1989;255:149-53 pubmed
- Toda T, Dhut S, Superti Furga G, Gotoh Y, Nishida E, Sugiura R, et al. The fission yeast pmk1+ gene encodes a novel mitogen-activated protein kinase homolog which regulates cell integrity and functions coordinately with the protein kinase C pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:6752-64 pubmed..pombe, Pmk1 may not act in a linear manner with respect to fission yeast protein kinase C homologs. Interestingly, however, these two pathways are not independent; instead, they regulate cell integrity in a coordinate manner. ..
- Lachmann S, Jevons A, De Rycker M, Casamassima A, Radtke S, Collazos A, et al. Regulatory domain selectivity in the cell-type specific PKN-dependence of cell migration. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21732 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that intervention in PKNs may need to be directed at multiple isoforms to be effective in different cell types. ..
- GuedÃ¡n A, Swieboda D, Charles M, Toussaint M, Johnston S, Asfor A, et al. Investigation of the Role of Protein Kinase D in Human Rhinovirus Replication. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Moreover, PKD inhibitors also block PV and FMDV replication. This is the first description that PKD may represent a target for antiviral drug discovery. ..
- McDowall A, Inwald D, Leitinger B, Jones A, Liesner R, Klein N, et al. A novel form of integrin dysfunction involving beta1, beta2, and beta3 integrins. J Clin Invest. 2003;111:51-60 pubmed
- Cazaubon S, Parker P. Identification of the phosphorylated region responsible for the permissive activation of protein kinase C. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:17559-63 pubmed..The location of this region and its phosphorylation in relation to PKC function are discussed. ..
- Coffer P, Woodgett J. Molecular cloning and characterisation of a novel putative protein-serine kinase related to the cAMP-dependent and protein kinase C families. Eur J Biochem. 1991;201:475-81 pubmed..Column fractions containing PKB-immunoreactive protein exhibited elevated histone H1 kinase activity compared with similar fractions from control cells, demonstrating the enzymatic activity of this protein kinase. ..
- Herget T, Brooks S, Broad S, Rozengurt E. Relationship between the major protein kinase C substrates acidic 80-kDa protein-kinase-C substrate (80K) and myristoylated alanine-rich C-kinase substrate (MARCKS). Members of a gene family or equivalent genes in different species. Eur J Biochem. 1992;209:7-14 pubmed..In contrast, the findings presented in this study indicate that rodent 80K and bovine and human MARCKS are not distinct members of a gene family, but represent the equivalent substrates in different species. ..
- Tan P, Sagoo P, Chan C, Yates J, Campbell J, Beutelspacher S, et al. Inhibition of NF-kappa B and oxidative pathways in human dendritic cells by antioxidative vitamins generates regulatory T cells. J Immunol. 2005;174:7633-44 pubmed..These data indicate that vitamin C- and E-treated DC might be useful for the induction of tolerance to allo- or autoantigens. ..
- Jovanovic J, Thomas P, Kittler J, Smart T, Moss S. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor modulates fast synaptic inhibition by regulating GABA(A) receptor phosphorylation, activity, and cell-surface stability. J Neurosci. 2004;24:522-30 pubmed..Thus, transient formation of GABA(A) receptor signaling complexes has the potential to provide a basis for acute changes in receptor function underlying GABAergic synaptic plasticity. ..
- O Toole E, van Koningsveld R, Chen M, Woodley D. Hypoxia induces epidermal keratinocyte matrix metalloproteinase-9 secretion via the protein kinase C pathway. J Cell Physiol. 2008;214:47-55 pubmed..These data provide evidence that hypoxia-induced keratinocyte migration is mediated by increased cellular secretion of MMP-9 via the PKC pathway. ..