Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on organ specificity in London, England, United Kingdom
Locale: London, England, United Kingdom
Topic: organ specificity
- Perry J, Short K, Romer J, Swift S, Cox T, Ashworth A. FXY2/MID2, a gene related to the X-linked Opitz syndrome gene FXY/MID1, maps to Xq22 and encodes a FNIII domain-containing protein that associates with microtubules. Genomics. 1999;62:385-94 pubmed..The FXY/MID1 protein has previously been shown to colocalize with microtubules, and here we show that the FXY2 protein similarly associates with microtubules in a manner that is dependent on the carboxy-terminal B30.2 domain. ..
- Kemp T, Sadusky T, Saltisi F, Carey N, Moss J, Yang S, et al. Identification of Ankrd2, a novel skeletal muscle gene coding for a stretch-responsive ankyrin-repeat protein. Genomics. 2000;66:229-41 pubmed..We have named this gene ankyrin-repeat domain 2 (stretch-responsive muscle) (Ankrd2). We hypothesize that Ankrd2 plays an important role in skeletal muscle hypertrophy. ..
- Prickett A, Barkas N, McCole R, Hughes S, Amante S, Schulz R, et al. Genome-wide and parental allele-specific analysis of CTCF and cohesin DNA binding in mouse brain reveals a tissue-specific binding pattern and an association with imprinted differentially methylated regions. Genome Res. 2013;23:1624-35 pubmed publisher..These findings link CTCF and cohesin with the control regions of a subset of imprinted genes, supporting the notion that imprinting control is mechanistically diverse. ..
- Fantin A, Vieira J, Plein A, Denti L, Fruttiger M, Pollard J, et al. NRP1 acts cell autonomously in endothelium to promote tip cell function during sprouting angiogenesis. Blood. 2013;121:2352-62 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that NRP1 promotes endothelial tip cell function during angiogenesis. ..
- Mailhos C, Modlich U, Lewis J, Harris A, Bicknell R, Ish Horowicz D. Delta4, an endothelial specific notch ligand expressed at sites of physiological and tumor angiogenesis. Differentiation. 2001;69:135-44 pubmed..These data implicate D14 and the Notch signalling pathway in angiogenesis and suggest possible new targets for antiangiogenic tumor therapy. ..
- Schofield J, Stephens J, Hurel S, Bell K, deSouza J, Rademacher T. Insulin reduces serum glycosylphosphatidylinositol phospholipase D levels in human type I diabetic patients and streptozotocin diabetic rats. Mol Genet Metab. 2002;75:154-61 pubmed..001; n = 4). Insulin therefore decreases glycosylphosphatidylinositol phospholipase D synthesis in diabetic animals resulting in decreased serum enzyme levels, suggesting a relationship between this enzyme and the function of insulin. ..
- Timmons P, Chan C, Rigby P, Poirier F. The gene encoding the calcium binding protein calcyclin is expressed at sites of exocytosis in the mouse. J Cell Sci. 1993;104 ( Pt 1):187-96 pubmed..We propose that this S100-like protein may be part of a calcium signalling pathway utilized in the secretion of various products by different cell types. ..
- Muntoni F, Melis M, Ganau A, Dubowitz V. Transcription of the dystrophin gene in normal tissues and in skeletal muscle of a family with X-linked dilated cardiomyopathy. Am J Hum Genet. 1995;56:151-7 pubmed..However, we have found in the 5' end of intron 1, a region deleted in our cases, regulatory sequences that might be of importance for dystrophin expression in various tissues.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Bassett J, Gogakos A, White J, Evans H, Jacques R, Van der Spek A, et al. Rapid-throughput skeletal phenotyping of 100 knockout mice identifies 9 new genes that determine bone strength. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002858 pubmed publisher..Application of the approach to diseases affecting other physiological systems will help to realize the full potential of the International Mouse Phenotyping Consortium. ..
- West J, Beck S, Wang X, Teschendorff A. An integrative network algorithm identifies age-associated differential methylation interactome hotspots targeting stem-cell differentiation pathways. Sci Rep. 2013;3:1630 pubmed publisher..The proposed algorithm will be useful to any study seeking to identify interactome hotspots associated with common phenotypes. ..
- Dart D, Waxman J, Aboagye E, Bevan C. Visualising androgen receptor activity in male and female mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71694 pubmed publisher..This model represents an important tool for physiological and developmental analysis of androgen signalling, and for characterization of known and novel androgenic or antiandrogenic compounds. ..
- Challapalli A, Kenny L, Hallett W, Kozlowski K, Tomasi G, Gudi M, et al. 18F-ICMT-11, a caspase-3-specific PET tracer for apoptosis: biodistribution and radiation dosimetry. J Nucl Med. 2013;54:1551-6 pubmed publisher..18)F-ICMT-11 is a safe PET tracer with a dosimetry profile comparable to other common (18)F PET tracers. These data support the further development of (18)F-ICMT-11 for clinical imaging of apoptosis. ..
- Sawyer I, Smillie S, Bodkin J, Fernandes E, O Byrne K, Brain S. The vasoactive potential of kisspeptin-10 in the peripheral vasculature. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e14671 pubmed publisher..Firstly, plasma extravasation indicative of ability to induce oedema formation and secondly decreased peripheral blood flow, indicating microvascular constriction. Thus Kp-10 has vasoactive properties in the peripheral microvasculature...
- Sacre S, Lundberg A, Andreakos E, Taylor C, Feldmann M, Foxwell B. Selective use of TRAM in lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and lipoteichoic acid (LTA) induced NF-kappaB activation and cytokine production in primary human cells: TRAM is an adaptor for LPS and LTA signaling. J Immunol. 2007;178:2148-54 pubmed..We conclude that TRAM is an adaptor protein for both TLR4 and TLR2/6 signaling in SFs, HUVECs, and murine embryonic fibroblasts, but cannot demonstrate a role in human macrophages. ..
- Sundaresan V, Roberts I, Bateman A, Bankier A, Sheppard M, Hobbs C, et al. The DUTT1 gene, a novel NCAM family member is expressed in developing murine neural tissues and has an unusually broad pattern of expression. Mol Cell Neurosci. 1998;11:29-35 pubmed
- Barrett A, Madsen B, Copier J, Lu P, Cooper L, Scibetta A, et al. PLU-1 nuclear protein, which is upregulated in breast cancer, shows restricted expression in normal human adult tissues: a new cancer/testis antigen?. Int J Cancer. 2002;101:581-8 pubmed..Our results suggest that the PLU-1 protein may belong to the class of testis/cancer antigens. ..
- Raguz S, Hobbs C, Yague E, Ioannou P, Walsh F, Antoniou M. Muscle-specific locus control region activity associated with the human desmin gene. Dev Biol. 1998;201:26-42 pubmed..In addition, our results demonstrate that the behavior of human transgenes in mice should, whenever possible, be compared to expression patterns for that gene in human embryonic as well as adult tissues. ..
- Lioumi M, Ferguson C, Sharpe P, Freeman T, Marenholz I, Mischke D, et al. Isolation and characterization of human and mouse ZIRTL, a member of the IRT1 family of transporters, mapping within the epidermal differentiation complex. Genomics. 1999;62:272-80 pubmed..The mouse gene is developmentally regulated and found expressed in fetal and adult suprabasal epidermis, osteoblasts, small intestine, and salivary gland. ..
- Budworth J, Meillerais S, Charles I, Powell K. Tissue distribution of the human soluble guanylate cyclases. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;263:696-701 pubmed..This study reports for the first time the tissue distribution of human sGC message and demonstrates that sGC isoforms are nonuniformly expressed which may be useful if the enzyme is to be exploited as a therapeutic target. ..
- Lachmann S, Jevons A, De Rycker M, Casamassima A, Radtke S, Collazos A, et al. Regulatory domain selectivity in the cell-type specific PKN-dependence of cell migration. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21732 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that intervention in PKNs may need to be directed at multiple isoforms to be effective in different cell types. ..
- Poulin L, Reyal Y, Uronen Hansson H, Schraml B, Sancho D, Murphy K, et al. DNGR-1 is a specific and universal marker of mouse and human Batf3-dependent dendritic cells in lymphoid and nonlymphoid tissues. Blood. 2012;119:6052-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, high expression of DNGR-1 specifically and universally identifies a unique DC subset in mouse and humans. Evolutionarily conserved Batf3 dependence justifies classification of DNGR-1(hi) DCs as a distinct DC lineage...
- Rajgor D, Mellad J, Autore F, Zhang Q, Shanahan C. Multiple novel nesprin-1 and nesprin-2 variants act as versatile tissue-specific intracellular scaffolds. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40098 pubmed publisher..These alternate functions may also account for the diverse range of disease phenotypes observed when these genes are mutated. ..
- Malaspina A, Kaushik N, de Belleroche J. A 14-3-3 mRNA is up-regulated in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis spinal cord. J Neurochem. 2000;75:2511-20 pubmed..X57347). These results show the marked up-regulation of the 14-3-3 isoform (YWHAQ) in ALS spinal cord and indicate the involvement of a potential 14-3-3-mediated survival pathway in the pathogenesis of ALS. ..
- Morrison J, Lu Q, Pastoret C, Partridge T, Bou Gharios G. T-cell-dependent fibrosis in the mdx dystrophic mouse. Lab Invest. 2000;80:881-91 pubmed..This suggests that T-cells play a role in the onset of the fibrotic events that undermines the ability of dystrophic muscle to regenerate. ..
- Kirkby N, Zaiss A, Urquhart P, Jiao J, Austin P, Al Yamani M, et al. LC-MS/MS confirms that COX-1 drives vascular prostacyclin whilst gene expression pattern reveals non-vascular sites of COX-2 expression. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69524 pubmed publisher..In doing so, we have identified the thymus, gut, brain and other tissues as target organs for consideration in developing a new understanding of how COX-2 protects the cardiovascular system. ..
- Cunliffe V, Williams S, Trowsdale J. Genomic analysis of a mouse zinc finger gene, Zfp-35, that is up-regulated during spermatogenesis. Genomics. 1990;8:331-9 pubmed..These two features are common to a number of zinc finger genes. We also show that Zfp-35 is conserved in some placental mammals and that it is a member of a subfamily of related mammalian zinc finger genes. ..