Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mutagenesis in Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Locale: Norwich, England, United Kingdom
- Carter R, Yeoman K, Klein A, Hosie A, Sawers G, Poole P, et al. dpp genes of Rhizobium leguminosarum specify uptake of delta-aminolevulinic acid. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2002;15:69-74 pubmed..The dppABCDF promoter was mapped and is most likely recognized by sigma70. ..
- Sugimoto Shirasu K, Stacey N, Corsar J, Roberts K, McCann M. DNA topoisomerase VI is essential for endoreduplication in Arabidopsis. Curr Biol. 2002;12:1782-6 pubmed..We propose that this topoisomerase VI complex is essential for the decatenation of replicated chromosomes during endocycles and that successive rounds of endoreduplication are required for the full growth of specific cell types. ..
- Dokarry M, Laurendon C, O Maille P. Automating gene library synthesis by structure-based combinatorial protein engineering: examples from plant sesquiterpene synthases. Methods Enzymol. 2012;515:21-42 pubmed publisher..Through these examples, the principles of the technique are illustrated and the suitability of automating various aspects of the procedure for given applications are discussed. ..
- Leech A, James R, Coggins J, Kleanthous C. Mutagenesis of active site residues in type I dehydroquinase from Escherichia coli. Stalled catalysis in a histidine to alanine mutant. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:25827-36 pubmed..The proposed dual role of His-143 in the mechanism of type I dehydroquinase may explain why the elimination reaction catalyzed by the enzyme proceeds with syn stereochemistry. ..
- Stephenson P, Baker D, Girin T, Perez A, Amoah S, King G, et al. A rich TILLING resource for studying gene function in Brassica rapa. BMC Plant Biol. 2010;10:62 pubmed publisher..rapa. Moreover, the ongoing sequencing of the B. rapa genome makes this species a highly attractive model for Brassica research and genetic resource development...
- Swiderski M, Birker D, Jones J. The TIR domain of TIR-NB-LRR resistance proteins is a signaling domain involved in cell death induction. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2009;22:157-65 pubmed publisher..This is consistent with previous observations that the TIR domain itself is insufficient to induce cell death upon transient expression. ..
- Tedman Jones J, Lei R, Jay F, Fabro G, Li X, Reiter W, et al. Characterization of Arabidopsis mur3 mutations that result in constitutive activation of defence in petioles, but not leaves. Plant J. 2008;56:691-703 pubmed publisher..We propose that perturbed cell wall biosynthesis may activate plant defence and provide a rationale for the cie1 and the mur3 knockout phenotypes. ..
- Wulff B, Thomas C, Parniske M, Jones J. Genetic variation at the tomato Cf-4/Cf-9 locus induced by EMS mutagenesis and intralocus recombination. Genetics. 2004;167:459-70 pubmed..Most mutations result in single-amino-acid substitutions in their C terminus at residues that are conserved in other Cf proteins. ..
- Schneider K, Wells B, Dolan L, Roberts K. Structural and genetic analysis of epidermal cell differentiation in Arabidopsis primary roots. Development. 1997;124:1789-98 pubmed..This result and the analysis of double mutants suggest a complex pathway leading to root hair initiation that requires the RHL and ERH genes for correct differentiation. ..
- Chandler J, Wilson A, Dean C. Arabidopsis mutants showing an altered response to vernalization. Plant J. 1996;10:637-44 pubmed..The acceleration of flowering by GA3 was not affected by vrn1-1. The VRN 1 locus was mapped to chromosome 3. ..
- Bancroft I, Jones J, Dean C. Heterologous transposon tagging of the DRL1 locus in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 1993;5:631-8 pubmed..Analysis of the changes in DNA sequence induced by the insertion and excision of the Ds element showed that they were typical of those induced by Ac and Ds in maize. ..
- Bedford D, Laity C, Buttner M. Two genes involved in the phase-variable phi C31 resistance mechanism of Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2). J Bacteriol. 1995;177:4681-9 pubmed..The pglY and pglZ genes are cotranscribed from a single promoter which appears to be constitutive and is not induced by phage infection...