Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Locale: Leicester, England, United Kingdom
- Carrera S, Cuadrado Castano S, Samuel J, Jones G, Villar E, Lee S, et al. Stra6, a retinoic acid-responsive gene, participates in p53-induced apoptosis after DNA damage. Cell Death Differ. 2013;20:910-9 pubmed publisher..This may have implications for the role of vitamin A metabolites in cancer prevention and treatment. ..
- Stanley L, Copp A, Pope J, Rolls S, Smelt V, Perry V, et al. Immunochemical detection of arylamine N-acetyltransferase during mouse embryonic development and in adult mouse brain. Teratology. 1998;58:174-82 pubmed
- Cai H, Boocock D, Steward W, Gescher A. Tissue distribution in mice and metabolism in murine and human liver of apigenin and tricin, flavones with putative cancer chemopreventive properties. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2007;60:257-66 pubmed..Thus tricin may have a pharmacokinetic advantage over apigenin. This type of information may help decide which flavonoids to select for clinical development. ..
- Woltmann G, McNulty C, Dewson G, Symon F, Wardlaw A. Interleukin-13 induces PSGL-1/P-selectin-dependent adhesion of eosinophils, but not neutrophils, to human umbilical vein endothelial cells under flow. Blood. 2000;95:3146-52 pubmed..This mechanism is likely to be a key event leading to the selective accumulation of eosinophils in allergic inflammation. ..
- Renshaw P, Lightbody K, Veverka V, Muskett F, Kelly G, Frenkiel T, et al. Structure and function of the complex formed by the tuberculosis virulence factors CFP-10 and ESAT-6. EMBO J. 2005;24:2491-8 pubmed
- Gingras A, Bate N, Goult B, Hazelwood L, Canestrelli I, Grossmann J, et al. The structure of the C-terminal actin-binding domain of talin. EMBO J. 2008;27:458-69 pubmed..Electron microscopy provides direct evidence for binding of the dimer to F-actin and indicates that it binds to three monomers along the long-pitch helix of the actin filament. ..
- Combes R, Shah A. The use of in vivo, ex vivo, in vitro, computational models and volunteer studies in vision research and therapy, and their contribution to the Three Rs. Altern Lab Anim. 2016;44:187-238 pubmed
- Mehasseb M, Bell S, Habiba M. The effects of tamoxifen and estradiol on myometrial differentiation and organization during early uterine development in the CD1 mouse. Reproduction. 2009;138:341-50 pubmed publisher..Disruption of the inner myometrium may play a role in the development of uterine adenomyosis. ..
- Strauss K, Martins L, Plun Favreau H, Marx F, Kautzmann S, Berg D, et al. Loss of function mutations in the gene encoding Omi/HtrA2 in Parkinson's disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:2099-111 pubmed..On the basis of functional genomics, our results provide a novel link between mitochondrial dysfunction and neurodegeneration in PD. ..
- Smalley J, Breda C, Mason R, Kooner G, Luthi Carter R, Gant T, et al. Connectivity mapping uncovers small molecules that modulate neurodegeneration in Huntington's disease models. J Mol Med (Berl). 2016;94:235-45 pubmed publisher..The resulting chemicals were highly enriched for suppressors of mutant HTT fragment toxicity. This study provides a proof of concept for wider usage in all chemical screening. ..
- Salehen N, Stover C. The role of complement in the success of vaccination with conjugated vs. unconjugated polysaccharide antigen. Vaccine. 2008;26:451-9 pubmed..We conclude that both, intactness of the complement system and maturity of expression of its components, are relatively more important to aid in the immune response to polysaccharide vaccine than to conjugated vaccines. ..
- Giotopoulos G, McCormick C, Cole C, Zanker A, Jawad M, Brown R, et al. DNA methylation during mouse hemopoietic differentiation and radiation-induced leukemia. Exp Hematol. 2006;34:1462-70 pubmed
- Teichert F, Verschoyle R, Greaves P, Edwards R, Teahan O, Jones D, et al. Metabolic profiling of transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate (TRAMP) tissue by 1H-NMR analysis: evidence for unusual phospholipid metabolism. Prostate. 2008;68:1035-47 pubmed publisher..Here the hypothesis was tested using (1)H-NMR-based metabolic profiling that the TRAMP tumor metabolic phenotype resembles that reported for human prostate cancer...
- Girija U, Mitchell D, Roscher S, Wallis R. Carbohydrate recognition and complement activation by rat ficolin-B. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:214-23 pubmed publisher..Mutagenesis data reveal that lack of activity in mouse ficolin-B is probably caused by a single amino acid change in the putative MASP-binding site that blocks the ficolin-MASP interaction. ..
- Armstrong C, Jones G, Anderson R, Iyer P, Narayanan D, Sandhu J, et al. DNMTs are required for delayed genome instability caused by radiation. Epigenetics. 2012;7:892-902 pubmed publisher..We propose that DNMTS may contribute to the acquirement of radio-resistance in stem-like cells. ..
- Mustafa S, Martin H, Burkly L, Costa A, Martins M, Schwaninger M, et al. The role of TWEAK/Fn14 signaling in the MPTP-model of Parkinson's disease. Neuroscience. 2016;319:116-22 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that TWEAK signaling might be an aspect of MPTP-mediated neuropathology and be involved in the overall neurodegenerative pathology of PD. ..
- Mahaut Smith M. The unique contribution of ion channels to platelet and megakaryocyte function. J Thromb Haemost. 2012;10:1722-32 pubmed publisher..This review examines the evidence for expression of a range of ion channels in the platelet and its progenitor cell, and highlights the distinct roles that these proteins may play in health and disease. ..
- Asgari E, Farrar C, Lynch N, Ali Y, Roscher S, Stover C, et al. Mannan-binding lectin-associated serine protease 2 is critical for the development of renal ischemia reperfusion injury and mediates tissue injury in the absence of complement C4. FASEB J. 2014;28:3996-4003 pubmed publisher..Our study highlights the role of LP activation in renal IR injury and indicates that injury occurs through MASP-2-dependent activation events independent of C4. ..
- Ounzain S, Kobayashi S, Peterson R, He A, Motterle A, Samani N, et al. Cardiac expression of ms1/STARS, a novel gene involved in cardiac development and disease, is regulated by GATA4. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:1830-43 pubmed publisher..This GATA4-dependent repression of ms1/STARS expression has major implications for MRTF-SRF signaling in the context of cardiac development and disease. ..
- Ziviani E, Lippi G, Bano D, Munarriz E, Guiducci S, Zoli M, et al. Ryanodine receptor-2 upregulation and nicotine-mediated plasticity. EMBO J. 2011;30:194-204 pubmed publisher..Our findings, therefore, indicate that gene-dependent reprogramming of Ca2+ signalling is involved in nicotine-induced behavioural changes. ..
- Jounblat R, Kadioglu A, Mitchell T, Andrew P. Pneumococcal behavior and host responses during bronchopneumonia are affected differently by the cytolytic and complement-activating activities of pneumolysin. Infect Immun. 2003;71:1813-9 pubmed..The complement-activating activity of pneumolysin affected the accumulation of T cells, whereas the toxin's cytolytic activity influenced neutrophil recruitment into lung tissue. ..
- Greaves P, Clothier B, Davies R, Higginson F, Edwards R, Dalton T, et al. Uroporphyria and hepatic carcinogenesis induced by polychlorinated biphenyls-iron interaction: absence in the Cyp1a2(-/-) knockout mouse. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;331:147-52 pubmed..Our findings suggest a link not only between CYP1A2, iron metabolism, and the induction of uroporphyria by PCBs, but also with subsequent hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Ali Y, Lynch N, Haleem K, Fujita T, Endo Y, Hansen S, et al. The lectin pathway of complement activation is a critical component of the innate immune response to pneumococcal infection. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002793 pubmed publisher..This study corroborates the essential function of MASP-2 in the lectin pathway and highlights the importance of MBL-independent lectin pathway activation in the host defense against pneumococci. ..
- Carragher L, Snell K, Giblett S, Aldridge V, Patel B, Cook S, et al. V600EBraf induces gastrointestinal crypt senescence and promotes tumour progression through enhanced CpG methylation of p16INK4a. EMBO Mol Med. 2010;2:458-71 pubmed publisher..Our studies identify (V600E)BRAF as an early genetic driver mutation in serrated CRCs and indicate that, unlike APC-mutated cancers, this subtype arises by the bypassing of a (V600E)Braf driven oncogene-induced senescence programme. ..
- Nelson R, Green A, Hainsworth A. Electrophysiological actions of gamma-aminobutyric acid and clomethiazole on recombinant GABA(A) receptors. Eur J Pharmacol. 2002;452:255-62 pubmed..8-fold increase in maximal current. Both direct activation and gamma-aminobutyric acid potentiation are likely to contribute to the in vivo profile of clomethiazole. ..
- Oberoi J, Fairall L, Watson P, Yang J, Czimmerer Z, Kampmann T, et al. Structural basis for the assembly of the SMRT/NCoR core transcriptional repression machinery. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:177-84 pubmed publisher..These structures, together with computational docking, mutagenesis and functional assays, reveal the assembly mechanism and stoichiometry of the corepressor complex. ..
- Sale S, Tunstall R, Ruparelia K, Potter G, Steward W, Gescher A. Comparison of the effects of the chemopreventive agent resveratrol and its synthetic analog trans 3,4,5,4'-tetramethoxystilbene (DMU-212) on adenoma development in the Apc(Min+) mouse and cyclooxygenase-2 in human-derived colon cancer cells. Int J Cancer. 2005;115:194-201 pubmed..The results suggest that alteration of the resveratrol molecule to generate DMU-212 does not abrogate its ability to decrease adenoma number in Apc(Min+) mice or to interfere with PGE-2 generation in cells. ..
- Lazar Adler N, Dean R, Saint R, Stevens M, Prior J, Atkins T, et al. Identification of a predicted trimeric autotransporter adhesin required for biofilm formation of Burkholderia pseudomallei. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79461 pubmed publisher..pseudomallei. Taken together, these studies indicate that BPSS1439 is a novel predicted autotransporter involved in biofilm formation of B. pseudomallei; hence, this factor was named BbfA, Burkholderia biofilm factor A. ..
- Kadam A, Eutsey R, Rosch J, Miao X, Longwell M, Xu W, et al. Promiscuous signaling by a regulatory system unique to the pandemic PMEN1 pneumococcal lineage. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006339 pubmed publisher..Acquisition of TprA2/PhrA2 has provided PMEN1 isolates with a mechanism to promote commensalism over dissemination and control inter-strain gene regulation. ..
- Shackleton S, Lloyd D, Jackson S, Evans R, Niermeijer M, Singh B, et al. LMNA, encoding lamin A/C, is mutated in partial lipodystrophy. Nat Genet. 2000;24:153-6 pubmed
- Calvert J, Evans R. Heterogeneity of P2X receptors in sympathetic neurons: contribution of neuronal P2X1 receptors revealed using knockout mice. Mol Pharmacol. 2004;65:139-48 pubmed..Given the expression of P2X1 receptors in a range of neurons, it seems likely that regulation of the properties of P2X receptors by this subunit is more widespread. ..
- Mejlvang J, Kriajevska M, Berditchevski F, Bronstein I, Lukanidin E, Pringle J, et al. Characterization of E-cadherin-dependent and -independent events in a new model of c-Fos-mediated epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:380-93 pubmed..Overall, our data demonstrate that, with the exception of adhesion to collagen I, c-Fos is dominant over E-cadherin in relation to the aspects of mesenchymal transition assayed in this study. ..
- Hardman R, Forsythe I. Ether-à-go-go-related gene K+ channels contribute to threshold excitability of mouse auditory brainstem neurons. J Physiol. 2009;587:2487-97 pubmed publisher..These ERG currents suggest a potential link between auditory hyperexcitability and acoustic startle triggering of cardiac events in familial LQT2. ..
- Tucci P, Agostini M, Grespi F, Markert E, Terrinoni A, Vousden K, et al. Loss of p63 and its microRNA-205 target results in enhanced cell migration and metastasis in prostate cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:15312-7 pubmed..These data suggest that p63/miR-205 may be a useful clinical predictor of metastatic behavior in prostate cancer. ..
- Schmidt E, Spindler V, Eming R, Amagai M, Antonicelli F, Baines J, et al. Meeting Report of the Pathogenesis of Pemphigus and Pemphigoid Meeting in Munich, September 2016. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:1199-1203 pubmed publisher..Finally, two investigator-initiated multicenter trials highlighted doxycycline and dapsone as valuable medications in the treatment of bullous pemphigoid. ..
- Stearns Reider K, D Amore A, Beezhold K, Rothrauff B, Cavalli L, Wagner W, et al. Aging of the skeletal muscle extracellular matrix drives a stem cell fibrogenic conversion. Aging Cell. 2017;16:518-528 pubmed publisher..The findings here suggest that an age-related increase in muscle stiffness drives YAP/TAZ-mediated pathogenic expression of matricellular proteins by fibroblasts, ultimately disrupting MuSC fate...
- Zanoni P, Khetarpal S, Larach D, Hancock Cerutti W, Millar J, Cuchel M, et al. Rare variant in scavenger receptor BI raises HDL cholesterol and increases risk of coronary heart disease. Science. 2016;351:1166-71 pubmed publisher..P376L carriers have a profound HDL-related phenotype and an increased risk of CHD (odds ratio = 1.79, which is statistically significant). ..
- Jawad M, Giotopoulos G, Fitch S, Cole C, Plumb M, Talbot C. Mouse bone marrow and peripheral blood erythroid cell counts are regulated by different autosomal genetic loci. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2007;38:69-77 pubmed..The identity of the other QTG will be important both to further knowledge of the control of erythropoiesis and as potential modifier genes for haematological disorders. ..
- Hatch T, Derijck A, Black P, van der Heijden G, de Boer P, Dubrova Y. Maternal effects of the scid mutation on radiation-induced transgenerational instability in mice. Oncogene. 2007;26:4720-4 pubmed
- Smith A, Clothier B, Carthew P, Childs N, Sinclair P, Nebert D, et al. Protection of the Cyp1a2(-/-) null mouse against uroporphyria and hepatic injury following exposure to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2001;173:89-98 pubmed..This study has implications for both the toxicity assessment of TCDD and the hepatic injury seen in PCT patients. ..
- Debrand E, El Jai Y, Spence L, Bate N, Praekelt U, Pritchard C, et al. Talin 2 is a large and complex gene encoding multiple transcripts and protein isoforms. FEBS J. 2009;276:1610-28 pubmed publisher..Finally, we identify four tissue-specific alternative splicing events within the coding region of talin 2. ..
- Barber R, Hardwick R, Shanks M, Glen C, Mughal S, Voutounou M, et al. The effects of in utero irradiation on mutation induction and transgenerational instability in mice. Mutat Res. 2009;664:6-12 pubmed publisher..The results of this study offer a plausible explanation for the effects of in utero irradiation on the risk of leukaemia and solid cancers after birth. ..
- ..The main objective of this review is to critically discuss the very recent literature on the role of PML in stem cells and tumour-initiating cells. Ultimately, it aims to propose new avenues of investigation. ..
- Pointon A, Walker T, Phillips K, Luo J, Riley J, Zhang S, et al. Doxorubicin in vivo rapidly alters expression and translation of myocardial electron transport chain genes, leads to ATP loss and caspase 3 activation. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12733 pubmed publisher..Still though ATP loss occurs with activation caspase 3 and these events probably account for the heart damage. ..
- Walsh V, Somody L, Farrell A, Zhang B, Brown J, Pritchard C, et al. Analysis of the role of the SA gene in blood pressure regulation by gene targeting. Hypertension. 2003;41:1212-8 pubmed..SA is not involved in the regulation of either basal or salt related BP, and the lack of differential effect in SA-/- mice is not a consequence of compensatory activation of the renin-angiotensin system. ..
- Skrzypiec A, Maiya R, Chen Z, Pawlak R, Strickland S. Plasmin-mediated degradation of laminin gamma-1 is critical for ethanol-induced neurodegeneration. Biol Psychiatry. 2009;66:785-94 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrated that disruption of the hippocampal laminin gamma-1 renders the mice resistant to neurotoxic effects of EW. Our data identify laminin gamma-1 as a novel target to combat neurodegeneration. ..
- Grant G, Robinson S, Edwards R, Clothier B, Davies R, Judah D, et al. Multiple polymorphic loci determine basal hepatic and splenic iron status in mice. Hepatology. 2006;44:174-85 pubmed..In conclusion, the findings show the location of polymorphic genes that determine basal iron status in wild-type mice. Human equivalents may be pertinent in predisposition to hepatic and other disorders. ..
- Verschoyle R, Brown K, Steward W, Gescher A. Consumption of silibinin, a flavonolignan from milk thistle, and mammary cancer development in the C3(1) SV40 T,t antigen transgenic multiple mammary adenocarcinoma (TAg) mouse. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2008;62:369-72 pubmed..Intervention neither promoted, nor interfered with, tumour development. The result suggests that promotion of carcinogenesis is not a feature of silibinin consistent across rodent models of mammary carcinogenesis. ..
- Waters E, Neill D, Kaman B, Sahota J, Clokie M, Winstanley C, et al. Phage therapy is highly effective against chronic lung infections with Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Thorax. 2017;72:666-667 pubmed publisher..aeruginosa in a biofilm-associated cystic fibrosis lung-like environment. These studies demonstrate the potential for phage therapy in the treatment of established and recalcitrant chronic respiratory tract infections. ..
- Capasso M, Bhamrah M, Henley T, Boyd R, Langlais C, Cain K, et al. HVCN1 modulates BCR signal strength via regulation of BCR-dependent generation of reactive oxygen species. Nat Immunol. 2010;11:265-72 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify unanticipated functions for proton channels in B cells and demonstrate the importance of ROS in BCR signaling and downstream metabolism. ..
- Woods A, Roberts M, Choudhary J, Barry S, Mazaki Y, Sabe H, et al. Paxillin associates with poly(A)-binding protein 1 at the dense endoplasmic reticulum and the leading edge of migrating cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:6428-37 pubmed
- Beck F, Chawengsaksophak K, Luckett J, Giblett S, Tucci J, Brown J, et al. A study of regional gut endoderm potency by analysis of Cdx2 null mutant chimaeric mice. Dev Biol. 2003;255:399-406 pubmed..Our results indicate a difference in potency between forestomach and midgut precursor endodermal cells. ..
- Vial C, Evans R. P2X(1) receptor-deficient mice establish the native P2X receptor and a P2Y6-like receptor in arteries. Mol Pharmacol. 2002;62:1438-45 pubmed
- Chernova T, Higginson F, Davies R, Smith A. B2 SINE retrotransposon causes polymorphic expression of mouse 5-aminolevulinic acid synthase 1 gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;377:515-520 pubmed publisher..The findings show that a B2 SINE can contribute to the regulation of ALAS1 and SINEs in 5'-UTR regions contribute to inter-individual differences in gene expression. ..
- Moorby C, Patel M. Dual functions for connexins: Cx43 regulates growth independently of gap junction formation. Exp Cell Res. 2001;271:238-48 pubmed
- Lippi G, Steinert J, Marczylo E, D Oro S, Fiore R, Forsythe I, et al. Targeting of the Arpc3 actin nucleation factor by miR-29a/b regulates dendritic spine morphology. J Cell Biol. 2011;194:889-904 pubmed publisher..This work provides evidence that targeting of Arpc3 by miR-29a/b fine tunes structural plasticity by regulating actin network branching in mature and developing spines. ..
- Kamata T, Hussain J, Giblett S, Hayward R, Marais R, Pritchard C. BRAF inactivation drives aneuploidy by deregulating CRAF. Cancer Res. 2010;70:8475-86 pubmed publisher..These results provide a previously unidentified link between Craf and chromosomal stability, with important implications for our understanding of the development of cancers with driver mutations that hyperactivate Craf. ..
- Rieck B, Degiacomi G, Zimmermann M, Cascioferro A, Boldrin F, Lazar Adler N, et al. PknG senses amino acid availability to control metabolism and virulence of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006399 pubmed publisher..This function in amino acid homeostasis is conserved amongst the Actinobacteria and provides an example of the close relationship between metabolism and virulence. ..
- Kadioglu A, Taylor S, Iannelli F, Pozzi G, Mitchell T, Andrew P. Upper and lower respiratory tract infection by Streptococcus pneumoniae is affected by pneumolysin deficiency and differences in capsule type. Infect Immun. 2002;70:2886-90 pubmed..The combination of capsule type and genetic background also determined virulence. Thus, the wild-type serotype 3 strain was virulent, whereas the capsule-switched mutant was avirulent. ..
- Cooke D, Schwarz M, Boocock D, Winterhalter P, Steward W, Gescher A, et al. Effect of cyanidin-3-glucoside and an anthocyanin mixture from bilberry on adenoma development in the ApcMin mouse model of intestinal carcinogenesis--relationship with tissue anthocyanin levels. Int J Cancer. 2006;119:2213-20 pubmed..2 and 12.3 microg/ml in the urine. The efficacy of C3G and Mirtoselect in the Apc(Min) mouse renders the further development of anthocyanins as potential human colorectal cancer chemopreventive agents worthwhile...
- Lynch N, Khan S, Stover C, Sandrini S, Marston D, Presanis J, et al. Composition of the lectin pathway of complement in Gallus gallus: absence of mannan-binding lectin-associated serine protease-1 in birds. J Immunol. 2005;174:4998-5006 pubmed..Despite the lack of MASP-1-like enzymatic activity in sera of chicken and other birds, avian lectin pathway complexes efficiently activate C4. ..
- Foster C, Dovey O, Lezina L, Luo J, Gant T, Barlev N, et al. Lysine-specific demethylase 1 regulates the embryonic transcriptome and CoREST stability. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:4851-63 pubmed publisher..5 Lsd1 gene trap embryos. Thus, LSD1 regulates the expression and appropriate timing of key developmental regulators, as part of the LSD1/CoREST/HDAC complex, during early embryonic development. ..
- Busacca S, Chacko A, Klabatsa A, Arthur K, Sheaff M, Barbone D, et al. BAK and NOXA are critical determinants of mitochondrial apoptosis induced by bortezomib in mesothelioma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65489 pubmed publisher..In summary, the block of mitochondrial apoptosis is a limiting factor for achieving efficacy of bortezomib in MPM, and the observed loss of BAK expression or NOXA transactivation may be relevant mechanisms of resistance in the clinic...
- Richards P, Didszun C, Campesan S, Simpson A, Horley B, Young K, et al. Dendritic spine loss and neurodegeneration is rescued by Rab11 in models of Huntington's disease. Cell Death Differ. 2011;18:191-200 pubmed publisher..This mechanism may contribute to the toxicity caused by protein misfolding found in a number of neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Harris I, Blaser H, Moreno J, Treloar A, Gorrini C, Sasaki M, et al. PTPN12 promotes resistance to oxidative stress and supports tumorigenesis by regulating FOXO signaling. Oncogene. 2014;33:1047-54 pubmed publisher..The involvement of PTPN12 in the antioxidant response of breast cancer cells suggests that PTPN12 may represent a novel therapeutic target for this disease. ..
- Koekemoer A, Chong N, Goodall A, Samani N. Myocyte stress 1 plays an important role in cellular hypertrophy and protection against apoptosis. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:2964-7 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest the involvement of MS1 in cellular hypertrophy and protection against apoptosis. ..
- Tan G, Cao X, Dai Q, Zhang B, Huang J, Xiong S, et al. A novel role for microRNA-129-5p in inhibiting ovarian cancer cell proliferation and survival via direct suppression of transcriptional co-activators YAP and TAZ. Oncotarget. 2015;6:8676-86 pubmed
- Erridge C, Duncan S, Bereswill S, Heimesaat M. The induction of colitis and ileitis in mice is associated with marked increases in intestinal concentrations of stimulants of TLRs 2, 4, and 5. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9125 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the induction of colitis or ileitis in mice is associated with significant disease-specific alterations to the PAMP profile of the gut microbiota. ..
- Rufini A, Niklison Chirou M, Inoue S, Tomasini R, Harris I, Marino A, et al. TAp73 depletion accelerates aging through metabolic dysregulation. Genes Dev. 2012;26:2009-14 pubmed publisher..Results indicate that TAp73 affects mitochondrial respiration and ROS homeostasis, thus regulating aging. ..
- Zhang S, Gant T. sscMap: an extensible Java application for connecting small-molecule drugs using gene-expression signatures. BMC Bioinformatics. 2009;10:236 pubmed publisher..Second, it allows users to apply the same improved method to custom-built reference profiles which can be added to the database for future referencing. The software can be freely downloaded from http://purl.oclc.org/NET/sscMap. ..