Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Locale: Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Publications120 found, 100 shown here
- Prestwich R, Ilett E, Errington F, Diaz R, Steele L, Kottke T, et al. Immune-mediated antitumor activity of reovirus is required for therapy and is independent of direct viral oncolysis and replication. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:4374-4381 pubmed publisher..The immune response is critical in mediating the efficacy of reovirus, and does not depend upon direct viral oncolysis or replication. The findings are of direct relevance to fulfilling the potential of this novel anticancer agent. ..
- Majeed Y, Agarwal A, Naylor J, Seymour V, Jiang S, Muraki K, et al. Cis-isomerism and other chemical requirements of steroidal agonists and partial agonists acting at TRPM3 channels. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;161:430-41 pubmed publisher..Epipregnanolone sulphate was identified as a novel TRPM3 channel stimulator. ..
- Smith P, Oakley F, Fernandez M, Mann D, Lemoine N, Whitehouse A. Herpesvirus saimiri-based vector biodistribution using noninvasive optical imaging. Gene Ther. 2005;12:1465-76 pubmed
- Ingram J, Kowalski R, Fisher J, Ingham E. The osteolytic response of macrophages to challenge with particles of Simplex P, Endurance, Palacos R, and Vertebroplastic bone cement particles in vitro. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2005;75:210-20 pubmed..Hence, compared with the same volumetric concentrations, particles of Palacos R and Endurance were the most, and particles of Vertebroplastic were the least biologically reactive. ..
- Ingram R, Valeaux S, Wilson N, Bouhlel M, Clarke D, Krüger I, et al. Differential regulation of sense and antisense promoter activity at the Csf1R locus in B cells by the transcription factor PAX5. Exp Hematol. 2011;39:730-40.e1-2 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that PAX5 regulates Csf1r in B cells by reducing the frequency of binding of the basal transcription machinery to the promoter and by activating antisense RNA expression. ..
- Lall V, Bruce G, Voytenko L, Drinkhill M, Wellershaus K, Willecke K, et al. Physiologic regulation of heart rate and blood pressure involves connexin 36-containing gap junctions. FASEB J. 2017;31:3966-3977 pubmed publisher..Lall, V. K., Bruce, G., Voytenko, L., Drinkhill, M., Wellershaus, K., Willecke, K., Deuchars, J., Deuchars, S. A. Physiologic regulation of heart rate and blood pressure involves connexin 36-containing gap junctions. ..
- Durham B, Grigg R, Wood I. Inhibition of histone deacetylase 1 or 2 reduces induced cytokine expression in microglia through a protein synthesis independent mechanism. J Neurochem. 2017;143:214-224 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study supports the idea that inhibitors selective towards HDAC1 or HDAC2, may be therapeutically useful for targeting neuroinflammation in brain injuries and neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Harris S, Leese H, Gosden R, Picton H. Pyruvate and oxygen consumption throughout the growth and development of murine oocytes. Mol Reprod Dev. 2009;76:231-8 pubmed publisher..To conclude, pyruvate and oxygen were consumed throughout oocyte development at increasing rates. When oocyte cellular volume was accounted for, oocytes from primary follicles displayed greatest metabolic rates. ..
- Singh J, Cruickshank S, Newton D, Wakenshaw L, Graham A, Lan J, et al. Toll-like receptor-mediated responses of primary intestinal epithelial cells during the development of colitis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2005;288:G514-24 pubmed..These findings identify changes in TLR expression and signaling during the development of colitis that may contribute to changes in the host response to bacterial antigens seen in colitis. ..
- Rodgers R, Augar R, Berryman N, Hansom C, O Mahony M, Palmer R, et al. Atypical anxiolytic-like response to naloxone in benzodiazepine-resistant 129S2/SvHsd mice: role of opioid receptor subtypes. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2006;187:345-55 pubmed
- Dalton J, Cruickshank S, Egan C, Mears R, Newton D, Andrew E, et al. Intraepithelial gammadelta+ lymphocytes maintain the integrity of intestinal epithelial tight junctions in response to infection. Gastroenterology. 2006;131:818-29 pubmed
- Mirabella F, Baxter E, Boissinot M, James S, Cockerill P. The human IL-3/granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor locus is epigenetically silent in immature thymocytes and is progressively activated during T cell development. J Immunol. 2010;184:3043-54 pubmed publisher..Significantly, we also found that memory CD4 positive T cells, but not naive T cells, maintain a remodeled chromatin structure resembling that seen in T blast cells. ..
- Greaves E, Copeland N, Coverley D, Ainscough J. Cancer-associated variant expression and interaction of CIZ1 with cyclin A1 in differentiating male germ cells. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:2466-77 pubmed publisher..Together, the data imply post-replicative roles for CIZ1 in germ cell differentiation that might include meiotic recombination - a process intrinsic to genome stability and diversification. ..
- Abdelhamed Z, Wheway G, Szymanska K, Natarajan S, Toomes C, Inglehearn C, et al. Variable expressivity of ciliopathy neurological phenotypes that encompass Meckel-Gruber syndrome and Joubert syndrome is caused by complex de-regulated ciliogenesis, Shh and Wnt signalling defects. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:1358-72 pubmed publisher..The Tmem67(tm1(Dgen/H)) line is unique in modelling the variable expressivity of phenotypes in these two ciliopathies. ..
- Swailes N, Colegrave M, Knight P, Peckham M. Non-muscle myosins 2A and 2B drive changes in cell morphology that occur as myoblasts align and fuse. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:3561-70 pubmed
- Cano F, Pannel R, Follows G, Rabbitts T. Preclinical modeling of cytosine arabinoside response in Mll-Enl translocator mouse leukemias. Mol Cancer Ther. 2008;7:730-5 pubmed publisher..This translocator model should therefore prove useful for future drug assessments against the recurrent mixed-lineage leukemia-associated translocations. ..
- Derham C, Yow H, Ingram J, Fisher J, Ingham E, Korrosis S, et al. Tissue engineering small-diameter vascular grafts: preparation of a biocompatible porcine ureteric scaffold. Tissue Eng Part A. 2008;14:1871-82 pubmed publisher..This study has demonstrated the potential of acellular porcine ureteric scaffolds in tissue engineering small-diameter living vascular grafts. ..
- Tomlinson D, Lamont F, Shnyder S, Knowles M. Fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 promotes proliferation and survival via activation of the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway in bladder cancer. Cancer Res. 2009;69:4613-20 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that FGFR1 has significant effects on urothelial cell phenotype and may represent a useful therapeutic target in some cases of urothelial carcinoma. ..
- Watson C, Crinnion L, Murphy H, Newbould M, Harrison S, Lascelles C, et al. Deficiency of the myogenic factor MyoD causes a perinatally lethal fetal akinesia. J Med Genet. 2016;53:264-9 pubmed publisher..The presentation with FADS is consistent with a large body of data demonstrating that in the mouse, MyoD is a major controller of precursor cell commitment to the myogenic differentiation programme. ..
- Ilett E, Prestwich R, Kottke T, Errington F, Thompson J, Harrington K, et al. Dendritic cells and T cells deliver oncolytic reovirus for tumour killing despite pre-existing anti-viral immunity. Gene Ther. 2009;16:689-99 pubmed publisher..These findings are therefore of direct translational relevance for the future design of clinical trials. ..
- Rodgers R, Harvest H, Hassall C, Kaddour L. D-cycloserine enhances memory consolidation in the plus-maze retest paradigm. Behav Neurosci. 2011;125:106-16 pubmed publisher..These data strongly suggest that the EPM retest effect involves glycineB/NMDA receptor-dependent neuroplasticity. Further studies will be required to identify the neural circuitry involved. ..
- Court M, Robinson P, Dixon M, Jeremy A, Crabtree J. The effect of gender on Helicobacter felis-mediated gastritis, epithelial cell proliferation, and apoptosis in the mouse model. J Pathol. 2003;201:303-11 pubmed..The functional importance of gender should be considered in future murine studies on H felis- and H pylori-induced chronic gastritis. ..
- Parson S, Ribchester R, Davie N, Gandhi N, Malik R, Gillingwater T, et al. Axotomy-dependent and -independent synapse elimination in organ cultures of Wld(s) mutant mouse skeletal muscle. J Neurosci Res. 2004;76:64-75 pubmed..This offers several advantages over repeated visualization of synaptic remodeling that has thus far been possible only in vivo. ..
- Griffiths R, Whitehouse A. Herpesvirus saimiri episomal persistence is maintained via interaction between open reading frame 73 and the cellular chromosome-associated protein MeCP2. J Virol. 2007;81:4021-32 pubmed
- Fountain S, Cheong A, Li J, Dondas N, Zeng F, Wood I, et al. K(v)1.5 potassium channel gene regulation by Sp1 transcription factor and oxidative stress. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;293:H2719-25 pubmed..5 channel expression in physiological or pathological conditions. ..
- Arpanahi A, Brinkworth M, Iles D, Krawetz S, Paradowska A, Platts A, et al. Endonuclease-sensitive regions of human spermatozoal chromatin are highly enriched in promoter and CTCF binding sequences. Genome Res. 2009;19:1338-49 pubmed publisher..The ontology of genes under the control of endonuclease-sensitive regulatory regions implies a role for this phenomenon in subsequent embryonic development. ..
- Odell A, Askham J, Whibley C, Hollstein M. How to become immortal: let MEFs count the ways. Aging (Albany NY). 2010;2:160-5 pubmed..Here we consider various routes to p53/ARF disruption in senescence bypass, and dysfunction of other tumour suppressor networks that may contribute to release from tenacious cell cycle arrest in senescent cultures. ..
- Roberts N, Magee D, Song Y, Brabazon K, Shires M, Crellin D, et al. Toward routine use of 3D histopathology as a research tool. Am J Pathol. 2012;180:1835-42 pubmed publisher..Both 3D tissue volumes and generated 3D models are presented for four demonstrator cases. ..
- Miller D, Paradowska A. Evaluating the localization and DNA binding complexity of histones in mature sperm. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;927:459-75 pubmed..However, similar methods may be applicable to the sperm of other mammalian and even non-mammalian classes. ..
- Ritchie D, Clapcote S. Disc1 deletion is present in Swiss-derived inbred mouse strains: implications for transgenic studies of learning and memory. Lab Anim. 2013;47:162-7 pubmed
- Herrera Abreu M, Pearson A, Campbell J, Shnyder S, Knowles M, Ashworth A, et al. Parallel RNA interference screens identify EGFR activation as an escape mechanism in FGFR3-mutant cancer. Cancer Discov. 2013;3:1058-71 pubmed publisher..Our data extend the role of EGFR in mediating resistance to inhibitors targeting a mutant oncogene, showing that EGFR signaling can repress mutant FGFR3 to induce intrinsic resistance to FGFR targeting. ..
- Lolicato M, Bucchi A, Arrigoni C, Zucca S, Nardini M, Schroeder I, et al. Cyclic dinucleotides bind the C-linker of HCN4 to control channel cAMP responsiveness. Nat Chem Biol. 2014;10:457-62 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these data extend the signaling scope of cyclic dinucleotides in mammals beyond their first reported role in innate immune system. ..
- Agathanggelou A, Smith E, Davies N, Kwok M, Zlatanou A, Oldreive C, et al. USP7 inhibition alters homologous recombination repair and targets CLL cells independently of ATM/p53 functional status. Blood. 2017;130:156-166 pubmed publisher..Together, these results identify USP7 as a promising therapeutic target for the treatment of hematological malignancies with DDR defects, where ATM/p53-dependent apoptosis is compromised. ..
- Surah Narwal S, Xu S, McHugh D, McDonald R, Hough E, Cheong A, et al. Block of human aorta Kir6.1 by the vascular KATP channel inhibitor U37883A. Br J Pharmacol. 1999;128:667-72 pubmed
- Court M, Robinson P, Dixon M, Crabtree J. Gastric Helicobacter species infection in murine and gerbil models: comparative analysis of effects of H. pylori and H. felis on gastric epithelial cell proliferation. J Infect Dis. 2002;186:1348-52 pubmed..pylori. These studies demonstrate host differences in the development of Helicobacter species-induced gastric inflammation and a marked difference in epithelial cell proliferation induced by H. pylori and H. felis in 2 animal models. ..
- Bevington S, Boyes J. Transcription-coupled eviction of histones H2A/H2B governs V(D)J recombination. EMBO J. 2013;32:1381-92 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose that the transcription-mediated eviction of H2A/H2B dimers is an important mechanism that makes RSSs accessible for the initiation of recombination. ..
- Rodriguez Perales S, Cano F, Lobato M, Rabbitts T. MLL gene fusions in human leukaemias: in vivo modelling to recapitulate these primary tumourigenic events. Int J Hematol. 2008;87:3-9 pubmed publisher..An important finding of this work is that the lineage of the tumours can be controlled by the MLL-protein fusion. The translocation mimic methods can be applied to any human reciprocal chromosomal translocation. ..
- Dalal S, Burchill S. Preclinical evaluation of vascular-disrupting agents in Ewing's sarcoma family of tumours. Eur J Cancer. 2009;45:713-22 pubmed publisher..001). This study demonstrates that OXi4503/CA1P is a potent VDA in ESFT and in combination with conventional cytotoxic agents represents a promising treatment strategy for this tumour group...
- Costa C, López Ureña D, de Oliveira Assis T, Ribeiro R, Silva R, Rupnik M, et al. A MLST Clade 2 Clostridium difficile strain with a variant TcdB induces severe inflammatory and oxidative response associated with mucosal disruption. Anaerobe. 2016;40:76-84 pubmed publisher..difficile Clade 2 strains. Finally, this work contributes to the description of differences in virulence among various C. difficile strains. ..
- Mughal R, Warburton P, O Regan D, Ball S, Turner N, Porter K. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma-independent effects of thiazolidinediones on human cardiac myofibroblast function. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2009;36:478-86 pubmed publisher..Although TZDs do not inhibit CMF invasion, their antiproliferative activity may contribute to the ability of this class of drugs to modulate adverse myocardial remodelling. ..
- Keramaris N, Calori G, Nikolaou V, Schemitsch E, Giannoudis P. Fracture vascularity and bone healing: a systematic review of the role of VEGF. Injury. 2008;39 Suppl 2:S45-57 pubmed publisher..The former observation could have very interesting repercussions for the field of non-unions and the latter for the field of osteoporosis. ..
- Edwards Z, Trotter E, Torres Ayuso P, Chapman P, Wood H, Nyswaner K, et al. Survival of Head and Neck Cancer Cells Relies upon LZK Kinase-Mediated Stabilization of Mutant p53. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4961-4972 pubmed publisher..Our results establish LZK as critical for maintaining expression of mutant stabilized p53. Cancer Res; 77(18); 4961-72. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Stoneley M, Spencer J, Wright S. An internal ribosome entry segment in the 5' untranslated region of the mnt gene. Oncogene. 2001;20:893-7 pubmed..These findings indicate that mnt can be translated by internal initiation. Such a mechanism may allow efficient Mnt synthesis when cap-dependent translation initiation is reduced. ..
- Patel V, Clarke N, Wang Z, Fan D, Parajuli N, Basu R, et al. Angiotensin II induced proteolytic cleavage of myocardial ACE2 is mediated by TACE/ADAM-17: a positive feedback mechanism in the RAS. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2014;66:167-76 pubmed publisher..In HF, elevated plasma ACE2 activity likely represents loss of the protective effects of ACE2 in the heart. ..
- Prandovszky E, Gaskell E, Martin H, Dubey J, Webster J, McConkey G. The neurotropic parasite Toxoplasma gondii increases dopamine metabolism. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23866 pubmed publisher..These observations provide a mechanism for parasite-induced behavioral changes. The observed effects on dopamine metabolism could also be relevant in interpreting reports of psychobehavioral changes in toxoplasmosis-infected humans. ..
- Scott D, Hull M, Cartwright E, Lam W, Tisbury A, Poulsom R, et al. Lack of inducible nitric oxide synthase promotes intestinal tumorigenesis in the Apc(Min/+) mouse. Gastroenterology. 2001;121:889-99 pubmed..Nos2 plays an antineoplastic role in the Apc(Min/+) mouse model of familial adenomatous polyposis. Nos2 does not modulate Cox-2 expression or activity in the Apc(Min/+) mouse. ..
- Morton M, Chipperfield S, Abohamed A, Sivaprasadarao A, Hunter M. Na(+)-induced inward rectification in the two-pore domain K(+) channel, TASK-2. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2005;288:F162-9 pubmed..This sensitivity to intracellular Na(+) may be an additional potential regulatory mechanism of TASK-2 channels. ..
- Andrew E, Newton D, Dalton J, Egan C, Goodwin S, Tramonti D, et al. Delineation of the function of a major gamma delta T cell subset during infection. J Immunol. 2005;175:1741-50 pubmed
- Newton D, Andrew E, Dalton J, Mears R, Carding S. Identification of novel gammadelta T-cell subsets following bacterial infection in the absence of Vgamma1+ T cells: homeostatic control of gammadelta T-cell responses to pathogen infection by Vgamma1+ T cells. Infect Immun. 2006;74:1097-105 pubmed..Collectively, these findings identify novel subsets of gammadelta T cells, the recruitment and activity of which is under the control of Vgamma1+ T cells. ..
- Grange S, Boyes J. Chromatin opening is tightly linked to enhancer activation at the kappa light chain locus. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:223-8 pubmed..Since these cells are short-lived, these data imply that there is a close temporal relationship between full enhancer hypersensitive site formation and locus chromatin opening. ..
- Elmehdawi F, Wheway G, Szymanska K, Adams M, High A, Johnson C, et al. Human Homolog of Drosophila Ariadne (HHARI) is a marker of cellular proliferation associated with nuclear bodies. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:161-72 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that HHARI is associated with cellular proliferation, which may be mediated through its interaction with UbcH7 and modification of proteins in nuclear bodies. ..
- Tan N, Ardley H, Rose S, Leek J, Markham A, Robinson P. Characterisation of the human and mouse orthologues of the Drosophila ariadne gene. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2000;90:242-5 pubmed..The high degree of homology demonstrated by the mouse and human orthologues of Drosophila ariadne indicates an important, conserved biological function, consistent with a putative role in ubiquitylation. ..
- Ashcroft A, Cruickshank S, Croucher P, Perry M, Rollinson S, Lippitt J, et al. Colonic dendritic cells, intestinal inflammation, and T cell-mediated bone destruction are modulated by recombinant osteoprotegerin. Immunity. 2003;19:849-61 pubmed..This study identifies a common causal link between bone disease and intestinal inflammation and establishes the importance of DC in mediating colonic inflammation in vivo. ..
- Dalton J, Howell G, Pearson J, Scott P, Carding S. Fas-Fas ligand interactions are essential for the binding to and killing of activated macrophages by gamma delta T cells. J Immunol. 2004;173:3660-7 pubmed
- Brooke R, Moores T, Morris N, Parson S, Deuchars J. Kv3 voltage-gated potassium channels regulate neurotransmitter release from mouse motor nerve terminals. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;20:3313-21 pubmed..05-1 microM. The combined presynaptic localization of Kv3 subunits and pharmacological enhancement of EPP amplitude indicate that Kv3 channels regulate neurotransmitter release from presynaptic terminals at the NMJ. ..
- Myatt S, Redfern C, Burchill S. p38MAPK-Dependent sensitivity of Ewing's sarcoma family of tumors to fenretinide-induced cell death. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:3136-48 pubmed..The efficacy of fenretinide in preclinical models demands the evaluation of fenretinide as a potential therapeutic agent in ESFT. ..
- Tagoh H, Ingram R, Wilson N, Salvagiotto G, Warren A, Clarke D, et al. The mechanism of repression of the myeloid-specific c-fms gene by Pax5 during B lineage restriction. EMBO J. 2006;25:1070-80 pubmed..Our results support a model by which Pax5 does not lead to major alterations in chromatin modification, but inhibits transcription by interfering with the action of myeloid transcription factors. ..
- Mankouri J, Taneja T, Smith A, Ponnambalam S, Sivaprasadarao A. Kir6.2 mutations causing neonatal diabetes prevent endocytosis of ATP-sensitive potassium channels. EMBO J. 2006;25:4142-51 pubmed..The data imply that endocytosis of KATP channels plays a crucial role in the (patho)-physiology of insulin secretion...
- Greenway D, Street M, Jeffries A, Buckley N. RE1 Silencing transcription factor maintains a repressive chromatin environment in embryonic hippocampal neural stem cells. Stem Cells. 2007;25:354-63 pubmed
- Joyce C. In silico comparative genomic analysis of GABAA receptor transcriptional regulation. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:203 pubmed
- Rhodes K, Andrew E, Newton D, Tramonti D, Carding S. A subset of IL-10-producing gammadelta T cells protect the liver from Listeria-elicited, CD8(+) T cell-mediated injury. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:2274-83 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a novel mechanism by which pathogen-elicited CD8(+) T cells are regulated via interactions with, and activation of, IL-10-producing hepatoprotective gammadelta T cells. ..
- Liu X, Ma W, Surprenant A, Jiang L. Identification of the amino acid residues in the extracellular domain of rat P2X(7) receptor involved in functional inhibition by acidic pH. Br J Pharmacol. 2009;156:135-42 pubmed publisher..Functional inhibition of rat P2X(7) receptors by acidic pH was variably affected by the extra-cellular His(85), Lys(110), Lys(137), Asp(197) and His(219) residues, with the Asp(197) residue being most critical for this inhibition. ..
- Askham J, Platt F, Chambers P, Snowden H, Taylor C, Knowles M. AKT1 mutations in bladder cancer: identification of a novel oncogenic mutation that can co-operate with E17K. Oncogene. 2010;29:150-5 pubmed publisher..Enhanced activation of AKT1 when E17K and E49K mutations are in tandem suggests that they can co-operate. ..
- Abbas A, Imrie H, Viswambharan H, Sukumar P, Rajwani A, Cubbon R, et al. The insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor is a negative regulator of nitric oxide bioavailability and insulin sensitivity in the endothelium. Diabetes. 2011;60:2169-78 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that IGF-1R is a critical negative regulator of insulin sensitivity and NO bioavailability in the endothelium. ..
- Parry D, Poulter J, Logan C, Brookes S, Jafri H, Ferguson C, et al. Identification of mutations in SLC24A4, encoding a potassium-dependent sodium/calcium exchanger, as a cause of amelogenesis imperfecta. Am J Hum Genet. 2013;92:307-12 pubmed publisher..These findings support a key role for SLC24A4 in calcium transport during enamel formation. ..
- Diggle C, Martinez Garay I, Molnar Z, Brinkworth M, White E, Fowler E, et al. A tubulin alpha 8 mouse knockout model indicates a likely role in spermatogenesis but not in brain development. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174264 pubmed publisher..Although the knockout mice were fertile, the localisation pattern indicated that Tuba8 may have a role in spermatid development during spermatogenesis, rather than as a component of the mature microtubule-rich flagellum itself. ..
- Bridge K, Revill C, Macrae F, Bailey M, Yuldasheva N, Wheatcroft S, et al. Inhibition of plasmin-mediated TAFI activation may affect development but not progression of abdominal aortic aneurysms. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177117 pubmed publisher..Late treatment with a TAFI inhibitor does not prevent AAA progression. These data may indicate a role for inhibition of plasmin-mediated TAFI activation in the early stages of AAA development, but not in its progression. ..
- Wilson J, Coletta P, Cuthbert R, Scott N, Maclennan K, Hawcroft G, et al. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor promotes intestinal tumorigenesis. Gastroenterology. 2005;129:1485-503 pubmed..Mif also promotes intestinal tumorigenesis (predominantly via angiogenesis) in the ApcMin/+ mouse. Therefore, MIF is a potential colorectal cancer chemoprevention target. ..
- Rella M, Elliot J, Revett T, Lanfear J, Phelan A, Jackson R, et al. Identification and characterisation of the angiotensin converting enzyme-3 (ACE3) gene: a novel mammalian homologue of ACE. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:194 pubmed..In humans, no evidence was found that the ACE3 gene is expressed and the presence of deletions and insertions in the sequence indicate that ACE3 is a pseudogene. ..
- Hoogenkamp M, Lichtinger M, Krysinska H, Lancrin C, Clarke D, Williamson A, et al. Early chromatin unfolding by RUNX1: a molecular explanation for differential requirements during specification versus maintenance of the hematopoietic gene expression program. Blood. 2009;114:299-309 pubmed publisher..Our experiments therefore demonstrate how individual transcription factors function in a differentiation stage-specific manner to differentially affect the initiation versus maintenance of a developmental program...
- Taylor D, Whitehouse I, Hooper N. Glypican-1 mediates both prion protein lipid raft association and disease isoform formation. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000666 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that glypican-1 is a novel cellular cofactor for prion conversion and we propose that it acts as a scaffold facilitating the interaction of PrP(C) and PrP(Sc) in lipid rafts. ..
- Kahn M, Yuldasheva N, Cubbon R, Smith J, Rashid S, Viswambharan H, et al. Insulin resistance impairs circulating angiogenic progenitor cell function and delays endothelial regeneration. Diabetes. 2011;60:1295-303 pubmed publisher..Defective endothelial repair may be normalized by transfusion of APCs from insulin-sensitive animals but not from insulin-resistant animals. ..
- Hamady Z, Scott N, Farrar M, Wadhwa M, Dilger P, Whitehead T, et al. Treatment of colitis with a commensal gut bacterium engineered to secrete human TGF-?1 under the control of dietary xylan 1. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2011;17:1925-35 pubmed publisher..This novel drug delivery system has potential for the targeted and controlled delivery of TGF-?(1) and other immunotherapeutic agents for the long-term management of various bowel disorders. ..
- Ketheeswaranathan P, Turner N, Spary E, Batten T, McColl B, Saha S. Changes in glutamate transporter expression in mouse forebrain areas following focal ischemia. Brain Res. 2011;1418:93-103 pubmed publisher..Down regulation of GLT-1 in these brain areas may impair normal clearance of synaptically-released glutamate and contribute to neural damage following focal ischemic insult. ..
- Sukumar P, Viswambharan H, Imrie H, Cubbon R, Yuldasheva N, Gage M, et al. Nox2 NADPH oxidase has a critical role in insulin resistance-related endothelial cell dysfunction. Diabetes. 2013;62:2130-4 pubmed publisher..It also establishes pharmacological inhibition of Nox2 as a novel therapeutic target in insulin resistance-related vascular disease. ..
- Sambrotta M, Strautnieks S, Papouli E, Rushton P, Clark B, Parry D, et al. Mutations in TJP2 cause progressive cholestatic liver disease. Nat Genet. 2014;46:326-8 pubmed publisher..These findings contrast with those in the embryonic-lethal knockout mouse, highlighting differences in redundancy in junctional complexes between organs and species. ..
- Breckpot J, Anderlid B, Alanay Y, Blyth M, Brahimi A, Duban Bedu B, et al. Chromosome 22q12.1 microdeletions: confirmation of the MN1 gene as a candidate gene for cleft palate. Eur J Hum Genet. 2016;24:51-8 pubmed publisher..These observations, together with the mouse expression data and the finding of craniofacial malformations including cleft palate in a Mn1-knockout mouse model, suggest that this gene is a candidate gene for cleft palate in humans. ..
- Kirshenbaum G, Dachtler J, Roder J, Clapcote S. Transgenic rescue of phenotypic deficits in a mouse model of alternating hemiplegia of childhood. Neurogenetics. 2016;17:57-63 pubmed publisher..Interventions to increase the activity of wild-type Na(+),K(+)-ATPase α3 in AHC patients should be investigated further. ..
- Proffitt J, Crabtree G, Grove M, Daubersies P, Bailleul B, Wright E, et al. An ATF/CREB-binding site is essential for cell-specific and inducible transcription of the murine MIP-1 beta cytokine gene. Gene. 1995;152:173-9 pubmed
- Holmes A, Rodgers R. Prior exposure to the elevated plus-maze sensitizes mice to the acute behavioral effects of fluoxetine and phenelzine. Eur J Pharmacol. 2003;459:221-30 pubmed..Present findings provide further evidence demonstrating that prior test history is a critical consideration in mouse studies of anxiety-related behavior. ..