Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on escherichia coli in Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Locale: Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Topic: escherichia coli
- Tavender T, Halliday N, Hardie K, Winzer K. LuxS-independent formation of AI-2 from ribulose-5-phosphate. BMC Microbiol. 2008;8:98 pubmed publisher..It does not contribute to AI-2 formation in wildtype E. coli and S. aureus under the conditions tested, but may be responsible for the AI-2-like activities reported for other organisms lacking the luxS gene. ..
- Rudolph C, Upton A, Harris L, Lloyd R. Pathological replication in cells lacking RecG DNA translocase. Mol Microbiol. 2009;73:352-66 pubmed publisher..Our results shed light on why replication initiation in bacteria is limited to a single origin and why termination is carefully orchestrated to a single event within a restricted area each cell cycle...
- Wand M, Sockett R, Evans K, Doherty N, Sharp P, Hardie K, et al. Helicobacter pylori FlhB function: the FlhB C-terminal homologue HP1575 acts as a "spare part" to permit flagellar export when the HP0770 FlhBCC domain is deleted. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:7531-41 pubmed publisher..However, mutation of the proline contained within the NPTH site of HP0770 did not affect motility and flagellar assembly, although it clearly interfered with processing when the protein was heterologously produced in Escherichia coli...
- Clark G, Paszkiewicz K, Hale J, Weston V, Constantinidou C, Penn C, et al. Genomic analysis uncovers a phenotypically diverse but genetically homogeneous Escherichia coli ST131 clone circulating in unrelated urinary tract infections. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2012;67:868-77 pubmed publisher..To determine variation at the genome level in Escherichia coli ST131 clinical isolates previously shown to be phenotypically diverse...
- McGlynn P, Lloyd R. Genome stability and the processing of damaged replication forks by RecG. Trends Genet. 2002;18:413-9 pubmed..Such direct rescue of stalled forks might help safeguard genome integrity in all organisms. ..
- Bolt E, Lloyd R, Sharples G. Genetic analysis of an archaeal Holliday junction resolvase in Escherichia coli. J Mol Biol. 2001;310:577-89 pubmed..These results support models in which RecG acts at a replication fork stalled at a lesion in the DNA, catalysing fork regression and forming a Holliday junction that can then be acted upon by Hjc. ..
- Layfield R, Franklin K, Landon M, Walker G, Wang P, Ramage R, et al. Chemically synthesized ubiquitin extension proteins detect distinct catalytic capacities of deubiquitinating enzymes. Anal Biochem. 1999;274:40-9 pubmed..This work demonstrates that the synthetic approach offers an alternative to recombinant methods for the production of small proteins in vitro. ..
- Capeness M, Lambert C, Lovering A, Till R, Uchida K, Chaudhuri R, et al. Activity of Bdellovibrio hit locus proteins, Bd0108 and Bd0109, links Type IVa pilus extrusion/retraction status to prey-independent growth signalling. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79759 pubmed publisher..We further identify a novel small RNA encoded by the hit locus, the transcription of which is altered in different bd0108 mutation backgrounds. ..
- Holland J, Towner K, Williams P. Tn916 insertion mutagenesis in Escherichia coli and Haemophilus influenzae type b following conjugative transfer. J Gen Microbiol. 1992;138:509-15 pubmed..Tn916 insertion mutagenesis, following transfer by conjugation, is a convenient method for isolating mutations in genes concerned with iron acquisition by this important human pathogen. ..