Experts and Doctors on disease progression in Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Locale: Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Topic: disease progression
- Adams J, Carder P, Downey S, Forbes M, MacLennan K, Allgar V, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in breast cancer: comparison of plasma, serum, and tissue VEGF and microvessel density and effects of tamoxifen. Cancer Res. 2000;60:2898-905 pubmed..MVD correlated with tumor size. Tamoxifen-induced increases in VEGF may be important in clinical prognosis or associated pathologies. ..
- Stringer M, Ceylan H, Ward K, Wyatt J. Gallbladder polyps in children--classification and management. J Pediatr Surg. 2003;38:1680-4 pubmed..For primary PLGs, cholecystectomy is advisable if there are biliary symptoms or if the polyp is > or =1 cm in size. Asymptomatic cases should be maintained under ultrasound surveillance. ..
- Rawstron A, Bennett F, O Connor S, Kwok M, Fenton J, Plummer M, et al. Monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosis and chronic lymphocytic leukemia. N Engl J Med. 2008;359:575-83 pubmed publisher..Asymptomatic persons with fewer CLL-phenotype cells have monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosis (MBL). The goal of this study was to investigate the relation between MBL and CLL...
- Eyre T, Phillips E, Linton K, Arumainathan A, Kassam S, Gibb A, et al. Results of a multicentre UK-wide retrospective study evaluating the efficacy of brentuximab vedotin in relapsed, refractory classical Hodgkin lymphoma in the transplant naive setting. Br J Haematol. 2017;179:471-479 pubmed publisher..BV is an effective, non-toxic bridge to immediate SCT in 34% and deferred SCT in 27%. 39% never reached SCT with a PFS of 3·0 months, demonstrating the unmet need to improve outcomes in those unsuitable for SCT post-BV...
- Wood H, Daly C, Chalkley R, Sengüven B, Ross L, Egan P, et al. The genomic road to invasion-examining the similarities and differences in the genomes of associated oral pre-cancer and cancer samples. Genome Med. 2017;9:53 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that most of the genomic changes driving oral cancer occur in the pre-cancerous state by way of gradual random accumulation rather than a dramatic single event. ..
- Emery P, Fleischmann R, van der Heijde D, Keystone E, Genovese M, Conaghan P, et al. The effects of golimumab on radiographic progression in rheumatoid arthritis: results of randomized controlled studies of golimumab before methotrexate therapy and golimumab after methotrexate therapy. Arthritis Rheum. 2011;63:1200-10 pubmed publisher..Radiographic progression in the GO-FORWARD study was minimal in all treatment arms, precluding an adequate assessment of the effect of golimumab on radiographic progression in this study. ..
- Saleem B, Brown A, Quinn M, Karim Z, Hensor E, Conaghan P, et al. Can flare be predicted in DMARD treated RA patients in remission, and is it important? A cohort study. Ann Rheum Dis. 2012;71:1316-21 pubmed publisher..Flare was associated with worse clinical and functional outcomes. These results suggest ultrasound could form an important part of remission assessment in RA. ..
- Coulthard L, Geiler J, Mathews R, Church L, Dickie L, Cooper D, et al. Differential effects of infliximab on absolute circulating blood leucocyte counts of innate immune cells in early and late rheumatoid arthritis patients. Clin Exp Immunol. 2012;170:36-46 pubmed publisher..Differential effects of infliximab between early and late RA suggest that pathogenic mechanisms change as disease progresses. ..
- Bridge K, Revill C, Macrae F, Bailey M, Yuldasheva N, Wheatcroft S, et al. Inhibition of plasmin-mediated TAFI activation may affect development but not progression of abdominal aortic aneurysms. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177117 pubmed publisher..Late treatment with a TAFI inhibitor does not prevent AAA progression. These data may indicate a role for inhibition of plasmin-mediated TAFI activation in the early stages of AAA development, but not in its progression. ..
- Lee C, Lee A, Baughman D, Sim D, Akelere T, Brand C, et al. The United Kingdom Diabetic Retinopathy Electronic Medical Record Users Group: Report 3: Baseline Retinopathy and Clinical Features Predict Progression of Diabetic Retinopathy. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;180:64-71 pubmed publisher..84 higher HR of developing VH (95% CI 1.39-10.62, P = .0095). Baseline severities and features of initial DR are prognostic for PDR development. IRMA increases risk of PDR whereas 4Q DBH increases risk of VH. ..
- Croall I, Lohner V, Moynihan B, Khan U, Hassan A, O Brien J, et al. Using DTI to assess white matter microstructure in cerebral small vessel disease (SVD) in multicentre studies. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:1361-1373 pubmed publisher..The present study supports the use of DTI metrics as biomarkers of disease progression in multicentre studies. ..
- Md Yusof M, Kabia A, Darby M, Lettieri G, Beirne P, Vital E, et al. Effect of rituximab on the progression of rheumatoid arthritis-related interstitial lung disease: 10 years' experience at a single centre. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2017;56:1348-1357 pubmed publisher..Patients who deteriorated/died had the most severe ILD pre-RTX, suggesting the drug was not contributory. RTX appears to be an acceptable therapeutic choice for patients with RA-ILD and further studies are warranted. ..
- Mathiessen A, Conaghan P. Synovitis in osteoarthritis: current understanding with therapeutic implications. Arthritis Res Ther. 2017;19:18 pubmed publisher..This article will review current knowledge on the prevalence of synovitis in OA and its role in symptoms and structural progression, and explore lessons learnt from targeting synovitis therapeutically. ..
- Brown A, Conaghan P, Karim Z, Quinn M, Ikeda K, Peterfy C, et al. An explanation for the apparent dissociation between clinical remission and continued structural deterioration in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2008;58:2958-67 pubmed publisher..Our findings reinforce the utility of imaging for the accurate evaluation of disease status and the prediction of structural outcome. ..
- Ardeshna K, Qian W, Smith P, Braganca N, Lowry L, Patrick P, et al. Rituximab versus a watch-and-wait approach in patients with advanced-stage, asymptomatic, non-bulky follicular lymphoma: an open-label randomised phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:424-35 pubmed publisher..Rituximab monotherapy should be considered as a treatment option for patients with asymptomatic, advanced-stage, low-tumour-burden follicular lymphoma. Cancer Research UK, Lymphoma Research Trust, Lymphoma Association, and Roche. ..
- Dipti S, Childs A, Livingston J, Aggarwal A, Miller M, Williams C, et al. Brown-Vialetto-Van Laere syndrome; variability in age at onset and disease progression highlighting the phenotypic overlap with Fazio-Londe disease. Brain Dev. 2005;27:443-6 pubmed..Rather than representing two separate disorders, our findings suggest the possibility of a single disease entity which may usefully be considered a form of juvenile amyotrophic lateral sclerosis...
- Al Maskari A, O Grady A, Pal B, McKibbin M. Phenotypic progression in X-linked retinitis pigmentosa secondary to a novel mutation in the RPGR gene. Eye (Lond). 2009;23:519-21 pubmed publisher..Affected females are highly myopic but retain better visual function than affected males. The phenotypic data can be used to provide a mutation-specific visual prognosis, and may also help recognition of the genotype. ..
- Prestwich R, Kancherla K, Oksuz D, Williamson D, Dyker K, Coyle C, et al. A single centre experience with sequential and concomitant chemoradiotherapy in locally advanced stage IV tonsillar cancer. Radiat Oncol. 2010;5:121 pubmed publisher..Cisplatin-based induction and concurrent chemoradiotherapy provides excellent tumour control with acceptable toxicity for patients with locally advanced tonsillar cancer. ..
- Rawstron A, Bennett F, Hillmen P. The biological and clinical relationship between CD5+23+ monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosis and chronic lymphocytic leukaemia. Br J Haematol. 2007;139:724-9 pubmed
- Coates L, Helliwell P. Validation of minimal disease activity criteria for psoriatic arthritis using interventional trial data. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2010;62:965-9 pubmed publisher..The aim is to provide further validation of these criteria using data obtained in interventional trials with infliximab, a drug with proven efficacy in PsA...
- Halstead J, Bergin D, Keenan A, Madden J, McGonagle D. Ligament and bone pathologic abnormalities more frequent in neuropathic joint disease in comparison with degenerative arthritis of the foot and ankle: implications for understanding rapidly progressive joint degeneration. Arthritis Rheum. 2010;62:2353-8 pubmed publisher