Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell membrane in Denver, Colorado, United States
Locale: Denver, Colorado, United States
Topic: cell membrane
- McLaughlin N, Banerjee A, Kelher M, Gamboni Robertson F, Hamiel C, Sheppard F, et al. Platelet-activating factor-induced clathrin-mediated endocytosis requires beta-arrestin-1 recruitment and activation of the p38 MAPK signalosome at the plasma membrane for actin bundle formation. J Immunol. 2006;176:7039-50 pubmed..We conclude that PAF signaling requires CME, beta-arrestin-1 recruitment of a p38 MAPK signalosome, and specific actin bundle formation at the PAFR for transduction before endosomal scission. ..
- Vo Y, Hutton J, Angleson J. Recycling of the dense-core vesicle membrane protein phogrin in Min6 beta-cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;324:1004-10 pubmed..The results suggest a model in which secretory membrane components can recycle from the endosomal system to immature secretory granules without interaction with the major portion of the TGN. ..
- Frasch S, Henson P, Nagaosa K, Fessler M, Borregaard N, Bratton D. Phospholipid flip-flop and phospholipid scramblase 1 (PLSCR1) co-localize to uropod rafts in formylated Met-Leu-Phe-stimulated neutrophils. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:17625-33 pubmed..Of note, PS exposure, phospholipid uptake, and FM 1-43 staining also localized to the uropod following stimulation demonstrating that both PLSCR1 and phospholipid flip-flop characterize this specialized domain of polarized neutrophils. ..
- Wennerberg K, Rossman K, Der C. The Ras superfamily at a glance. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:843-6 pubmed
- McManaman J, Palmer C, Wright R, Neville M. Functional regulation of xanthine oxidoreductase expression and localization in the mouse mammary gland: evidence of a role in lipid secretion. J Physiol. 2002;545:567-79 pubmed
- Umenishi F, Narikiyo T, Schrier R. Effect on stability, degradation, expression, and targeting of aquaporin-2 water channel by hyperosmolality in renal epithelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;338:1593-9 pubmed..These results indicate that hyperosmolality plays an important role in the stability, degradation, expression, and targeting of ng-AQP2. ..
- Simkovic M, Degala G, Eaton S, Frerman F. Expression of human electron transfer flavoprotein-ubiquinone oxidoreductase from a baculovirus vector: kinetic and spectral characterization of the human protein. Biochem J. 2002;364:659-67 pubmed..The results demonstrate that this expression system provides sufficient amounts of human ETF-QO to enable crystallization and mechanistic investigations of the iron-sulphur flavoprotein. ..
- Wu W, Routt S, Bankaitis V, Voelker D. A new gene involved in the transport-dependent metabolism of phosphatidylserine, PSTB2/PDR17, shares sequence similarity with the gene encoding the phosphatidylinositol/phosphatidylcholine transfer protein, SEC14. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:14446-56 pubmed
- Clase A, Lyman M, del Rio T, Randall J, Calton C, Enquist L, et al. The pseudorabies virus Us2 protein, a virion tegument component, is prenylated in infected cells. J Virol. 2003;77:12285-98 pubmed..Curiously, the Us2 protein isolated from purified virions does not appear to be prenylated. This is the first report to describe the prenylation of an alphaherpesvirus protein...
- Justement L, Campbell K, Chien N, Cambier J. Regulation of B cell antigen receptor signal transduction and phosphorylation by CD45. Science. 1991;252:1839-42 pubmed..These data indicate that CD45 occurs as a component of a complex of proteins associated with the antigen receptor, and that CD45 may regulate signal transduction by modulating the phosphorylation state of the antigen receptor subunits. ..
- Salter K, Fitz J, Roman R. Domain-specific purinergic signaling in polarized rat cholangiocytes. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2000;278:G492-500 pubmed..Finally, the kinetics of ATP degradation in apical and basolateral compartments were distinct. These findings suggest that there are domain-specific signaling pathways that contribute to purinergic responses in polarized cholangiocytes...
- Riekhof W, Wu J, Jones J, Voelker D. Identification and characterization of the major lysophosphatidylethanolamine acyltransferase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:28344-52 pubmed..Ale1p catalytic activity has a pH optimum between pH 7 and 7.5 and a strong preference for unsaturated acyl-CoA substrates. ..
- Tardif K, Mori K, Siddiqui A. Hepatitis C virus subgenomic replicons induce endoplasmic reticulum stress activating an intracellular signaling pathway. J Virol. 2002;76:7453-9 pubmed..These studies provide insight into the effects of HCV replication on intracellular events and the mechanisms underlying liver pathogenesis. ..
- Tamir I, Stolpa J, Helgason C, Nakamura K, Bruhns P, Daeron M, et al. The RasGAP-binding protein p62dok is a mediator of inhibitory FcgammaRIIB signals in B cells. Immunity. 2000;12:347-58 pubmed..Using chimeric FcgammaRIIB containing the RasGAP-binding domain of p62dok, we demonstrate that p62dok contains all structural information required to mediate the inhibitory effect of FcgammaRIIB on Erk activation. ..
- McWilliams R, Breusegem S, Brodsky K, Kim E, Levi M, Doctor R. Shank2E binds NaP(i) cotransporter at the apical membrane of proximal tubule cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2005;289:C1042-51 pubmed..In sum, Shank2E is concentrated in the apical domain of renal PT cells, specifically binds NaP(i)-IIa via PDZ interactions, and undergoes P(i)-induced internalization. ..
- Sorkina T, Doolen S, Galperin E, Zahniser N, Sorkin A. Oligomerization of dopamine transporters visualized in living cells by fluorescence resonance energy transfer microscopy. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:28274-83 pubmed..These data suggest that DAT oligomers are formed in the ER and then are constitutively maintained both at the cell surface and during trafficking between the plasma membrane and endosomes...
- Caldwell J, Schaller K, Lasher R, Peles E, Levinson S. Sodium channel Na(v)1.6 is localized at nodes of ranvier, dendrites, and synapses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:5616-20 pubmed..Thus, a single sodium channel isoform is targeted to different neuronal domains and can influence both axonal conduction and synaptic responses. ..
- Li C, Wang W, Summer S, Cadnapaphornchai M, Falk S, Umenishi F, et al. Hyperosmolality in vivo upregulates aquaporin 2 water channel and Na-K-2Cl co-transporter in Brattleboro rats. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006;17:1657-64 pubmed..05), and cortex plus outer stripe of outer medulla NKCC2 (142+/-16 versus 100+/-9%; P<0.05). In conclusion, hyperosmolality, secondary to either glucose or NaCl, upregulated renal AQP2 and NKCC2 in vivo in BB rats...
- Wilson G, Fielding A, Simon G, Yu X, Andrews P, Hames R, et al. The FIP3-Rab11 protein complex regulates recycling endosome targeting to the cleavage furrow during late cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:849-60 pubmed..We propose that the dynamic Rab11-FIP3 interaction controls the delivery, targeting, and fusion of recycling endosomes with furrow during late cytokinesis and abscission. ..
- Goalstone M, Draznin B. Effect of insulin on farnesyltransferase activity in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:27585-9 pubmed
- Ambruso D, Ellison M, Thurman G, Leto T. Peroxiredoxin 6 translocates to the plasma membrane during neutrophil activation and is required for optimal NADPH oxidase activity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:306-15 pubmed publisher..Prdx6 supports retention of the active oxidase complex in stimulated plasma membrane, and results with mutant proteins imply that Prdx6 serves an additional biochemical or structural role in supporting optimal NADPH oxidase activity. ..
- Miranda M, Sorkina T, Grammatopoulos T, Zawada W, Sorkin A. Multiple molecular determinants in the carboxyl terminus regulate dopamine transporter export from endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30760-70 pubmed
- Lanaspa M, Caldas Y, Breusegem S, AndrÃ©s Hernando A, Cicerchi C, Levi M, et al. Inorganic phosphate modulates the expression of the NaPi-2a transporter in the trans-Golgi network and the interaction with PIST in the proximal tubule. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:513932 pubmed publisher..Our data supports the view that NaPi-2a is subjected to retrograde trafficking from the plasma membrane to the TGN using one of the machineries involved in endosomal transport and explains the reported expression of NaPi-2a in the TGN. ..
- Wu W, Voelker D. Reconstitution of phosphatidylserine transport from chemically defined donor membranes to phosphatidylserine decarboxylase 2 implicates specific lipid domains in the process. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:6635-42 pubmed..These data support a model for PtdSer transport from planar domains highly enriched in PtdSer or in PtdSer plus PtdOH. ..
- Klotz M, Alzerreca J, Norton J. A gene encoding a membrane protein exists upstream of the amoA/amoB genes in ammonia oxidizing bacteria: a third member of the amo operon?. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1997;150:65-73 pubmed..Topological analysis of the predicted primary structure revealed 6 membrane spanning domains. The amoC gene was expressed in recombinant Escherichia coli from its indigenous promoter...
- Yoshimura M, Cooper D. Cloning and expression of a Ca(2+)-inhibitable adenylyl cyclase from NCB-20 cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:6716-20 pubmed..Its identification should permit a determination of the structural features that determine the mode of regulation of adenylyl cyclase by Ca2+. ..
- Wasmeier C, Burgos P, Trudeau T, Davidson H, Hutton J. An extended tyrosine-targeting motif for endocytosis and recycling of the dense-core vesicle membrane protein phogrin. Traffic. 2005;6:474-87 pubmed..The endocytosis and DCV targeting of phogrin Y(654) > A mutants correlated with the impaired binding of the phogrin cytosolic tail to the micro-subunit of the AP2 adaptor complex in vitro. ..
- Silliman C, Moore E, Zallen G, Gonzalez R, Johnson J, Elzi D, et al. Presence of the M-type sPLA(2) receptor on neutrophils and its role in elastase release and adhesion. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2002;283:C1102-13 pubmed..sPLA(2)-IB and sPLA(2)-IIA caused PMN adhesion. We conclude that PMNs contain a membrane M-type sPLA(2)-R that activates p38 MAPK. ..
- Ott V, Tamir I, Niki M, Pandolfi P, Cambier J. Downstream of kinase, p62(dok), is a mediator of Fc gamma IIB inhibition of Fc epsilon RI signaling. J Immunol. 2002;168:4430-9 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest a role for p62(dok) as a mediator of Fc gamma RIIB inhibition of Fc epsilon RI signal transduction in mast cells. ..
- Riekhof W, Voelker D. Uptake and utilization of lyso-phosphatidylethanolamine by Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:36588-96 pubmed
- Shu H, Johnson H. B cell maturation protein is a receptor for the tumor necrosis factor family member TALL-1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:9156-61 pubmed..The identification of BCMA as a NF-kappaB-activating receptor for TALL-1 suggests molecular targets for drug development against certain immunodeficient or autoimmune diseases. ..
- Henson P, Bratton D. Antiinflammatory effects of apoptotic cells. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:2773-4 pubmed publisher..Here they discuss the evolving relationship among apoptosis, phagocytosis, and inflammation. ..
- Duch D, Levinson S. Neurotoxin-modulated uptake of sodium by highly purified preparations of the electroplax tetrodotoxin-binding glycopeptide reconstituted into lipid vesicles. J Membr Biol. 1987;98:43-55 pubmed
- Oliveria S, Gomez L, Dell Acqua M. Imaging kinase--AKAP79--phosphatase scaffold complexes at the plasma membrane in living cells using FRET microscopy. J Cell Biol. 2003;160:101-12 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrated AKAP79-regulated membrane localization of the MAGUK synapse-associated protein 97 (SAP97), suggesting that AKAP79 functions to organize even larger signaling complexes. ..
- Cooper D, Caldwell K, Boyajian C, Petcoff D, Schlegel W. Adenosine A1 receptors inhibit both adenylate cyclase activity and TRH-activated Ca2+ channels by a pertussis toxin-sensitive mechanism in GH3 cells. Cell Signal. 1989;1:85-97 pubmed..Thus it may turn out that a general property of 'cyclase inhibitory receptors' is also to inhibit [Ca2+]i-mobilization in the same cells, when such mechanisms are present. ..
- Riekhof W, Wu J, Gijón M, Zarini S, Murphy R, Voelker D. Lysophosphatidylcholine metabolism in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: the role of P-type ATPases in transport and a broad specificity acyltransferase in acylation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:36853-61 pubmed..These results establish a new pathway for the net synthesis of PtdCho in yeast and provide new tools for the study of PtdCho synthesis, transport, and remodeling...
- Ochsner U, Vasil A, Johnson Z, Vasil M. Pseudomonas aeruginosa fur overlaps with a gene encoding a novel outer membrane lipoprotein, OmlA. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:1099-109 pubmed..A structural role of OmlA in maintaining the cell envelope integrity is proposed. ..
- Zemans R, Arndt P. Tec kinases regulate actin assembly and cytokine expression in LPS-stimulated human neutrophils via JNK activation. Cell Immunol. 2009;258:90-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, LPS-induced actin polymerization as well as MCP-1, tumor necrosis factor-alpha, interleukin-6, and interleukin-1beta expression are dependent on Tec kinase activity. ..
- Zhu Y, Swanson B, Wang M, Hildeman D, Schaefer B, Liu X, et al. Constitutive association of the proapoptotic protein Bim with Bcl-2-related proteins on mitochondria in T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:7681-6 pubmed..Our results indicate that, in T cells, Bim function is regulated by interaction with Bcl-2 family members on mitochondria rather than by sequestration to the microtubules. ..
- Umenishi F, Schrier R. Induction of human aquaporin-1 gene by retinoic acid in human erythroleukemia HEL cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;293:913-7 pubmed..These results indicate that RAs strongly stimulate the human AQP1 gene expression through the RARE and define a novel role in the regulation of erythropoiesis. ..
- Galperin E, Sorkin A. Visualization of Rab5 activity in living cells by FRET microscopy and influence of plasma-membrane-targeted Rab5 on clathrin-dependent endocytosis. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:4799-810 pubmed
- Zemski Berry K, Murphy R. Free radical oxidation of plasmalogen glycerophosphocholine containing esterified docosahexaenoic acid: structure determination by mass spectrometry. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2005;7:157-69 pubmed..These results clearly indicate that free radical-induced oxidation of plasmalogen phospholipids with esterified docosahexaenoic acid at the sn-2 position underwent oxidation at both the sn-1 and sn-2 positions. ..
- Deitz S, Rambourg A, Kepes F, Franzusoff A. Sec7p directs the transitions required for yeast Golgi biogenesis. Traffic. 2000;1:172-83 pubmed
- Wang J, Howell K. The luminal domain of TGN38 interacts with integrin beta 1 and is involved in its trafficking. Traffic. 2000;1:713-23 pubmed
- Halverson R, Torres R, Pelanda R. Receptor editing is the main mechanism of B cell tolerance toward membrane antigens. Nat Immunol. 2004;5:645-50 pubmed..Our data further suggest that clonal deletion is a default pathway that functions only when receptor editing has been exhausted. ..