Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on sequence deletion in Irvine, California, United States
Locale: Irvine, California, United States
Topic: sequence deletion
- Hough C, Woods D, Park S, Bryant P. Organizing a functional junctional complex requires specific domains of the Drosophila MAGUK Discs large. Genes Dev. 1997;11:3242-53 pubmed..The results demonstrate the functional modularity of Dlg and clarify the functions of individual MAGUK domains in regulating the structure and growth of epithelial tissue. ..
- Vilmos P, Sousa Neves R, Lukacsovich T, Marsh J. crossveinless defines a new family of Twisted-gastrulation-like modulators of bone morphogenetic protein signalling. EMBO Rep. 2005;6:262-7 pubmed..These findings and the presence of two types of Tsg-like protein in several insects suggest that Cv represents a subgroup of the Tsg-like BMP-modulating proteins. ..
- Hofacre A, Nitta T, Fan H. Jaagsiekte sheep retrovirus encodes a regulatory factor, Rej, required for synthesis of Gag protein. J Virol. 2009;83:12483-98 pubmed publisher..Thus, in most cell lines, the predominant function of Rej is to facilitate translation of unspliced viral mRNA...
- Kenney M, Atilano S, Boyer D, Chwa M, Chak G, Chinichian S, et al. Characterization of retinal and blood mitochondrial DNA from age-related macular degeneration patients. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:4289-97 pubmed publisher..These mtDNA variants could diminish energy production efficiency, alter the mtDNA copy numbers and/or impact transcription in AMD retinas...
- McQuown S, Barrett R, Matheos D, Post R, ROGGE G, Alenghat T, et al. HDAC3 is a critical negative regulator of long-term memory formation. J Neurosci. 2011;31:764-74 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings demonstrate a critical role for HDAC3 in the molecular mechanisms underlying long-term memory formation. ..
- Chikova A, Grando S. Naturally occurring variants of human ?9 nicotinic receptor differentially affect bronchial cell proliferation and transformation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27978 pubmed publisher..The biologic activities of ?9 nAChR may be regulated at the splicing level, and genetic polymorphisms in CHRNA9 affecting protein levels, amino acid sequence and RNA splicing may influence the risk for lung cancer. ..