Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rna binding proteins in San Diego, California, United States
Locale: San Diego, California, United States
Topic: rna binding proteins
- Rehling P, Darsow T, Katzmann D, Emr S. Formation of AP-3 transport intermediates requires Vps41 function. Nat Cell Biol. 1999;1:346-53 pubmed..Vps41 binds to the AP-3 delta-adaptin subunit, suggesting that they function together in the formation of ALP pathway transport intermediates at the late Golgi. ..
- Sen S, Talukdar I, Webster N. SRp20 and CUG-BP1 modulate insulin receptor exon 11 alternative splicing. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:871-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that SRp20, SF2/ASF, and CUG-BP1 act antagonistically to regulate IR alternative splicing in vivo and that the relative ratios of SRp20 and SF2/ASF to CUG-BP1 in different cells determine the degree of exon inclusion. ..
- Ahn K, Gruhler A, Galocha B, Jones T, Wiertz E, Ploegh H, et al. The ER-luminal domain of the HCMV glycoprotein US6 inhibits peptide translocation by TAP. Immunity. 1997;6:613-21 pubmed..Thus, HCMV targets TAP for immune escape by a molecular mechanism different from that of herpes simplex virus...
- Murao K, Terpstra V, Green S, Kondratenko N, Steinberg D, Quehenberger O. Characterization of CLA-1, a human homologue of rodent scavenger receptor BI, as a receptor for high density lipoprotein and apoptotic thymocytes. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:17551-7 pubmed..An additional role in recognition of damaged cells is suggested by these studies. ..
- Tang H, Wong Staal F. Specific interaction between RNA helicase A and Tap, two cellular proteins that bind to the constitutive transport element of type D retrovirus. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:32694-700 pubmed..The nuclear transport domain of RHA also interfered with Tap-mediated transactivation of the CTE function in quail cells, in which the function of CTE is dependent on the expression of a functional human Tap cDNA...
- Sen S, Talukdar I, Liu Y, Tam J, Reddy S, Webster N. Muscleblind-like 1 (Mbnl1) promotes insulin receptor exon 11 inclusion via binding to a downstream evolutionarily conserved intronic enhancer. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:25426-37 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings demonstrate a role for Mbnl1 in controlling insulin receptor exon 11 inclusion via binding to a downstream intronic enhancer element. ..
- Darsow T, Katzmann D, Cowles C, Emr S. Vps41p function in the alkaline phosphatase pathway requires homo-oligomerization and interaction with AP-3 through two distinct domains. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:37-51 pubmed..These data indicate that a homo-oligomeric form of Vps41p is required for the formation of ALP containing vesicles at the Golgi complex via interactions with AP-3. ..
- Chappell S, Owens G, Mauro V. A 5' Leader of Rbm3, a Cold Stress-induced mRNA, Mediates Internal Initiation of Translation with Increased Efficiency under Conditions of Mild Hypothermia. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:36917-22 pubmed..The results suggest that cap-independent mechanisms may facilitate the translation of particular mRNAs during mild hypothermia. ..
- Yang J, Reddy T, Truong K, Suhasini M, Wong Staal F. Functional interaction of Sam68 and heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein K. Oncogene. 2002;21:7187-94 pubmed..We propose that the direct interaction of Sam68 and hnRNP K adversely affect the activities of both proteins in signal transduction pathways of both transcriptional and post-transcriptional events. ..
- Aubol B, Ungs L, Lukasiewicz R, Ghosh G, Adams J. Chemical clamping allows for efficient phosphorylation of the RNA carrier protein Npl3. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30182-8 pubmed..The chemical clamping mechanism offers an efficient means whereby a protein kinase can simultaneously achieve both high turnover and good substrate binding properties. ..
- Lukasiewicz R, Velazquez Dones A, Huynh N, Hagopian J, Fu X, Adams J, et al. Structurally unique yeast and mammalian serine-arginine protein kinases catalyze evolutionarily conserved phosphorylation reactions. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23036-43 pubmed..Thus, there are physical attributes of SR and SR-like substrates that dictate the mechanism of phosphorylation, whereas the ability to processively phosphorylate substrates is inherent to SR protein kinases. ..